[Discussion] Orthrus no Inu (Takizawa Hideaki, Nishikido Ry)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
thienly

[Discussion] Orthrus no Inu (Takizawa Hideaki, Nishikido Ry)

Post by thienly » Jun 15th, '09, 23:23

Title: オルトロスの犬
Type: Renzoku (series)
No. of Episodes: 10
TV Station: TBS
On-air date:Fri 24 July 2009
Time: Every Friday, 10pm
Script: Warner Bros. Writers Workshop
Producers: Mishiro Shinichi, Nasuda Jun, Matsubara Hiroshi
Theme song: Hikari Hitotsu sings by Takizawa Hideaki
Directors: Kato Arata, Imai Natsuki
Official Site: http://www.tbs.co.jp/orthros-dog/

Synopsis
Takizawa plays the role of a mysterious and ambitious man with a wicked heart, who possesses the power to heal pain and illness with the touch of his hand. Nishikido, on the other hand, plays a high school teacher with a gentle heart, but who has the ability to kill with his touch. The two happen to meet, resulting in a battle of good and evil. --Tokyograph

Cast
Takizawa Hideaki
Nishikido Ryo as Aoi Ryousuke
Mizukawa Asami as Nagisa
Yaotome Hikaru
Yamamoto Ryuuji
Harada Natsuki
Oshinari Shuugo
Haru
Shiba Toshio
Rokkaku Seiji
Sasaki Kuranosuke
Takahata Atsuko

Official website

Credit to takki.us

Credit from wiki.d-addicts.com
Last edited by thienly on Jul 26th, '09, 03:15, edited 5 times in total.

thienly

Post by thienly » Jun 15th, '09, 23:26

Here are some magazine scans and translation
thanks to takki.us

ImageImage

Finally, the first interview between “God” and the “Evil,”
Dark Takizawa and Angel Nishikido

We’re revealing the poster and photo shoot of Takizawa Hideaki and Nishikido Ryo’s first collaboration drama, Orthros no Inu. Since the crank-in, the demon Ryuuzaki Shinji (Takizawa) who has the healing hands of God and the angel Aoi Ryousuke (Nishikido) who has the murderous hands of the Devil have started to quickly embrace their roles.

Takizawa-kun and Nishikido-kun were at a shoot where they were told to lift and pose with their hands (because their hands play an important role in this drama). The objective was to express a secret that is kept inside them, so they were each told to face the camera with their own different expressions.

In Takizawa-kun’s enthusiastic performance, he gave the strong impression of a charismatic, yet mysterious man. During the shoot, he was able to keep his face, pose and the atmosphere of the studio very intense. When the shoot ended, the staff said “That was very good ne” and Takki’s face lit up in a smile - his facial expression completely different from what it was a minute ago.

Meanwhile, Nishikido-kun, who’s character despises his own powers, presents himself with a sad expression. But when the staff said “try to look even sadder,” he smiled shyly and said “but its a little embarassing…”

The confrontation between Ryuuzaki and Aoi, who meet each other through a checkered destiny. The battle between them is coming soon!!

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Jun 15th, '09, 23:54

the other cast members have been announced: Yaotome Hikaru, Yamamoto Ryuji, Harada Natsuki, Oshinari Shugo, Haru, Shiba Toshio, Rokkaku Seiji, Sasaki Kuranosuke, Takahata Atsuko on the official site.

thanks for the scans..Tackey looks different with his black hair

xtraordinarilynaked

Post by xtraordinarilynaked » Jun 16th, '09, 00:49

Finally, a thread for this drama.
I can't wait for it.

Tadanga

Post by Tadanga » Jun 16th, '09, 08:31

Just in case anyone was wondering what Orthros meant :

Greek Mythology:

KYON ORTHROS (or Orthus) was a two-headed, serpent-tailed dog, a brother of monsters such as Kerberos and the Khimaira. He mated with the latter, siring the Sphinx and Nemean Lion.

His master was the three-bodied giant Geryon, king of the sunset isle of Erytheia. Orthros was set to guard his master's fabulous herd of red-skinned cattle. When Herakles was sent to fetch these as one of his twelve labours, he slew Orthros, the herdsman Eurytion and Geryon.

The word orthros in Greek means "morning twilight." His name was also spelt Orthos, after another word meaning "straight" or "height."

rikasan

Post by rikasan » Jun 16th, '09, 09:32

Thanks for the scans. I can't wait to see this drama

thienly

Post by thienly » Jun 16th, '09, 10:59

In Greek mythology, Orthrus (also called Orthros, Orthos, Orthus, Orth and Orphus)

Story
Orthrus was owned by the three-bodied Titan, Geryon. Orthrus and his master, Eurytion, were charged with guarding Geryon's herd of red cattle in the "sunset" land of Erytheia ("red one"), one of the islands of the Hesperides in the far west of the Mediterranean.

Heracles eventually slew Orthrus, Eurytion, and Geryon, before taking the red cattle to complete his tenth labor.

Symbol
Orthros may have once been represented in the heavens as the constellations Canis Major and Minor, two dogs for the two heads of Orthros. The chief star of Canis Major was Seirius, the dog star, whose dawn rising was thought to bring on the scorching heat of mid-summer. Just as Orthros represented the heat of summer, his mate the Khimaira, may have presided over the frosty chill of winter, with her December rising in the form of Capricorn. However nothing survives of this in any extant collection of Greek star myths. Other sources said that one head of the Orthrus represents the past year and the other head looking into the future.

thienly

Post by thienly » Jun 16th, '09, 11:17

Here is three main stars of this drama
Rumor that this drama will start on 24 of july and there are 8 episodes drama

ImageImage

thienly

Post by thienly » Jun 20th, '09, 12:42

Episode 1
spoiler
Minami Shinagawa police department’s Detective Haseba Nagisa (Mizukawa Asami) was investigating a suspicious homicide of a female college student, when her undercover operation failed. She was conversely captured by the suspect, accomplice Kumakiri Masaru (Yaotome Hikaru), and the second accomplice. When they were about to shoot her with her own gun, a strange man jumped to Nagisa’s rescue. But when the man’s hand touched one of the juveniles, the juvenile suddenly collapsed and died.

Days later, the man who killed the boy showed up at the Minami Shinagawa police department. High school teacher, Aoi Ryousuke (Nishikido Ryo) confessed: “My hand is the hand of the Devil.” He seemed like a good-willed teacher, but he claimed that he had the power to kill people with a touch of his hand. Aoi did not have enough evidence to prove his own confession and was released, but having witnessed the whole event and the fact that his magical powers had saved her life, Nagisa began investigating Aoi.

Using the clue about the “hand of the Devil,” it lead Nagisa to a mysterious man called Ryuuzaki Shinji (Takizawa Hideaki). Ryuuzaki remains in prison for being the accused criminal of the murder case 10 years ago. Nagisa, who knew all the details regarding this case, asked if Ryuuzaki had the same “hands of the Devil” that Aoi possesses. Upon hearing about Aoi’s “hand of the Devil,” Ryuuzaki tells Nagisa, “Bring that man to me.”

Contrary to Nagisa’s prediction, what kind of astonishing power does Ryuuzaki have?

The two men whom should never meet. Nagisa had unknowingly opened the Pandora’s box…
Credit to takki.us thanks to Mich and Bon-chan ...if want to know more about this drama visit Takki.us
Last edited by thienly on Jun 22nd, '09, 08:04, edited 1 time in total.

thienly

Post by thienly » Jun 20th, '09, 12:51

Once again Credit to takki.us thanks to Mich and Bon-chan

thienly

Post by thienly » Jun 21st, '09, 12:22

TV guide scan 26/june

thanks to takki.us

ImageImage
ImageImage

xtraordinarilynaked

Post by xtraordinarilynaked » Jun 21st, '09, 12:59

Wow thanks for the Episode 1 summary and pictures.
It sounds like my kind of dorama.

suketeru

Post by suketeru » Jun 21st, '09, 14:03

Don't want to be nasty on first post, but is it possible to have those summaries and the huge scans under spoiler tag? ^_^;;

And what? 8 eps only? T_____T First it was 9, now it's 8. I've never seen a drama with less than 9 eps!
Anyone know why it's starting so late in July?

thienly

Post by thienly » Jun 22nd, '09, 08:05

there are a few dramas that has only 8 episodes.
God hand Teru only has 8 episodes, I think it might has something to do with Takki's solo concert in 27-28 june and 13-17 july in Osaka and Nagoya....I dont know

NorN

Post by NorN » Jun 22nd, '09, 14:43

My guess why the drama starts so late is because it's too short. idk

suketeru

Post by suketeru » Jun 22nd, '09, 15:42

I thought it was so short because it starts late XD
Actually, I realized that Otomen starts quite late as well: August 1st.

thienly

Post by thienly » Jun 22nd, '09, 22:07

ImageImage

More scans thanks to takki.us

NorN

Post by NorN » Jun 23rd, '09, 02:26

suketeru wrote:I thought it was so short because it starts late XD
Actually, I realized that Otomen starts quite late as well: August 1st.
lol either way, 8 episodes are not enough
Oh, I thought the summer season is like the other ones, but it seems that TV ppl want to keep audience glued to TVs the whole summer :twisted:

watersoflethe

Post by watersoflethe » Jun 23rd, '09, 09:43

i can't wait for this drama, takki's new drama in like what? like 4 years? or 5 years?
so excited
and takki with natural hair color, i feel like that's been a while too
and together with ryo?
and in an interesting plot line to boot
it just might be my favorite drama of the season
lets hope it doesn't betray expectations

thanks for the pictures

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 23rd, '09, 10:49

nice to see asami in another drama this fast...and collaborating with Ryo again. xD pretty cool plot... :lol

thienly

Post by thienly » Jun 26th, '09, 21:41

here is the Osama no Branch 20 june Takki, Ryo and Asumi talk about this drama
with English hardsub thanks to newshfans

Listen to what Asumi talks about working again with Ryo, She doesnt look that thrill at all... but then she is one lucky woman, work with Takki, Tamaki in Nodame and now Ryo
It's good to see Takki challenges himself by taking up different roles, not typecasted.
and I cant wait for the this drama. Dont worry they did not disclose that much about the drama so this clip doesnt have anything that you dont know about this drama already.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X8CUKSMP

thienly

Post by thienly » Jun 28th, '09, 13:24

Latest news from Yokohama, Takki will be singing the theme song for this drama. Title of the song has not been confirm by the man himself yet. The song was really nice. Please look out for it on 24 of July

suketeru

Post by suketeru » Jun 28th, '09, 22:42

Big surprise ^_^;; NEWS never get to sing drama themes >__>
But I'm still happy Takki sings it. They would never have given it to NEWS, seeing there's a senpai acting in the drama as well ^_^;;
The song was really nice.
So, he actually already sung it? O__O

thienly

Post by thienly » Jun 28th, '09, 22:50

well consider Takki and Ryo's position in JE, giving to Takki sings it is not a suprise to me. Since I think Takki is more popular than Ryo (in My opinion only so Ryo's fan dont bash Takki just bash me). Yes he did sing it at his concert on 28 of June I was there.....This was the first time he sings to promote it so only people attended the concert would heard it , and it sounded hard beat and pretty nice. It has something to do with Medusa's mirror...

suketeru

Post by suketeru » Jun 28th, '09, 22:54

I don't know about popularity, I just think that they mainly look at position in the jimusho itself: Takki is Ryo-chan's senior, so you can't just let the junior step over the senior now, can you? ^_^;;;

I see. Well, I'm sure we'll have a leak somewhere before the actual drama, like some radio show or something ^__^

Misato-san

Post by Misato-san » Jul 1st, '09, 23:52

suketeru wrote:I see. Well, I'm sure we'll have a leak somewhere before the actual drama, like some radio show or something ^__^
there is a fan recording on it, in the oni community @ lj if I remember properly!

it's called Medusa no kagami and it's really interesting :D

pyxee

Post by pyxee » Jul 2nd, '09, 00:50

Thanks for all the info on this series so far guys. I can't wait for it to start!

thienly

Post by thienly » Jul 2nd, '09, 13:56

that's just a temporary title called by fans, Takki said at the concert that they havent decide on the title of the song yet. Yes some fans recorded at takki.us.

thienly

Post by thienly » Jul 5th, '09, 22:15

more magazine scans about the drama
thanks to Orthrus no Inu blog

ImageImage
ImageImage

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Jul 7th, '09, 08:16

What a great pairing!! I haven't seen much of Takizawa Hideaki ever since Yoshitsune so I really want more of him. He's like one of my favorite JE boys. Hehe, he's going to play a dark evil character can't wait. The storyline seems interesting as well. The atmosphere maybe like Maou.

thienly

Post by thienly » Jul 7th, '09, 14:10

Tackey and Ryo-chan Make Comments about New Drama
Here are some comments about Orthros no Inu from the two leading actors, Takizawa Hideaki (Tackey) and Nishikido Ryo (Ryo-chan).

Takizawa Hideaki
“’Ryuzaki Shinji’ is my first ever evil role. I will like the character to portray a never-before-seen side of myself; a ‘Dark Takizawa.’ Ryuzaki is a ‘Devil with “God’s Hand”’ but I don’t think of him as a real devil. He is someone who is acting like a devil for a certain reason. I’m looking forward to further developing the character through discussions with the producer and director. If I really had ‘God’s Hand’ I’ll like to use it for world peace. But if I had the ‘Devil’s Hand’ I’ll try to seal it off so nobody can use it, because I think that it’s an unnecessary power for mankind.

It’s been a while since I last participated in a TV drama series, and I hope I can learn many new things that will further improve myself during the filming. Also, since I don’t get many opportunities to costar with other Johnny’s members I’m looking forward to working with Nishikido-kun.”

Nishikido Ryo
"Aoi Ryosuke is a character that I think is continuously troubled and tormented by owning the ‘Devil’s Hand’ because it is so alien to his gentle personality. If I were to own the ‘Devil’s Hand’ like Aoi I probably won’t be able to use it. If instead I had ‘God’s Hand’ I’ll try to help as many people as possible. But I’m afraid of getting carried away and losing focus, so I’ll use it moderately.

It’s my first time to appear in a drama with Takizawa-kun. He’s a senior Johnny’s member and also a very passionate person, and I’ll be following him around during the whole shooting (I haven’t told him yet). But I’m going to do my best and try not to become a burden for Takizawa-kun. I think viewers will enjoy this fast-paced drama with surprises around every corner."

Source: Source

japanese emo

Post by japanese emo » Jul 8th, '09, 15:05

it sounds like Maou to me...not exactly the story but the feel of it

crocus

Post by crocus » Jul 8th, '09, 15:40

japanese emo wrote:it sounds like Maou to me...not exactly the story but the feel of it
may be because it's from the same production team. :)

thienly

Post by thienly » Jul 14th, '09, 05:11

thienly

Post by thienly » Jul 14th, '09, 05:15

ImageImage
ImageImage

thienly

Post by thienly » Jul 14th, '09, 05:24

ImageImage
ImageImage

thienly

Post by thienly » Jul 21st, '09, 10:25

Preview of ep 1

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Jul 21st, '09, 16:08

Thanks for the link. Good to know what this drama is about now.

e u p h o r i s t i c

Post by e u p h o r i s t i c » Jul 24th, '09, 19:51

Ooh ~ Ryo drama? This sounds interesting. >x>;;
Edit: OMG! Airs today! LMAO. xDDD

germzdotcom

Post by germzdotcom » Jul 24th, '09, 20:57

I'm excited :) first ep already aired but I haven't seen it yet! :(
I hope the ratings are good :]
I love asami and ryo ^-^

ainhoa

Post by ainhoa » Jul 24th, '09, 21:43

anyone know who's subbing this?

suketeru

Post by suketeru » Jul 24th, '09, 21:55

Querbeet is.

thienly

Post by thienly » Jul 24th, '09, 22:16

Nya! is also hardsubbing this drama....there are two groups subbing this drama...Yay!!

ainhoa

Post by ainhoa » Jul 25th, '09, 15:36

excellent. i love both of those fansub groups. i wonder if anyone is softsubbing.

suketeru

Post by suketeru » Jul 25th, '09, 15:40

ainhoa wrote:I wonder if anyone is softsubbing.
Querbeet is. Fansub Map

e u p h o r i s t i c

Post by e u p h o r i s t i c » Jul 25th, '09, 21:38

I see the first episode on the first page! <3
[/goes to see]

Karate-ka

Post by Karate-ka » Jul 25th, '09, 22:20

Interesting has a interesting feel too it...

Machihxh

Post by Machihxh » Jul 27th, '09, 09:15

Wow, thank you for all the great scans. I can't wait to read them all! :w00t: This drama looks really interesting. [spoiler]The demon hearted with the power to heal all wounds and any type of sickness, and the Angel hearted but has the power to kill. I can't wait to see how this all plays out. :D [/spoiler] I think Tackey and Ryo are a perfect pair up for this drama. I can't wait for the next ep!!

~chibi-chan~

Post by ~chibi-chan~ » Jul 27th, '09, 20:11

ummm ?

excuse me ,
Can anybody tell me who is going to sub orthros no inu k I'm really exicted ?

xtraordinarilynaked

Post by xtraordinarilynaked » Jul 27th, '09, 20:15

Just look at page 3, someone said Querbeet is subbing it.
And the first episode was good. I hope it continues to get better.

~chibi-chan~

Post by ~chibi-chan~ » Jul 28th, '09, 14:28

Thank you , ,
I found it (=

I'm really looking forward the translation

GANBARE " Querbeet "

Shinda-chan

Post by Shinda-chan » Jul 29th, '09, 03:42

just so you know, Nyafansubs already had episode one done!

thienly

Post by thienly » Jul 29th, '09, 07:16

Yay, ep 1 hardsub was out already, that was so quick....lucky us

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 29th, '09, 11:20

watched ep1 last night. I have to say that i am kind of disappointed after all this anticipation that i had for this drama.
1st of all, standard of acting was very low in this ep. even people who i thought they would be good. every single character was badly acted.

it tried too hard to copy dramas with similar plot/story lines. for example, its theme, trying to copy Maou and its filming style. then you have this pretty girl working with those dead bodies and trying to keep her cool, just like similar character in Galileo and she happens to be a close friend of lady detective.

not to mention that main characters looked too young for their character. Ryo to be a teacher in highschool was a laugh. if it wasn't for his ordinary clothing, you can easily mstake him for a student. as he quiet his job as teacher now, i guess his character might be more believeable.

as for Mizukawa Masami, i just could not see her as a mom with a child at that age at all. I am thinking is to do with her daughter getting cured later on but still, as a detective (a lousy one too, because everytime she had a gun in her hand in some sort of way, it was taken off her by someone. and she ended up beaten on the floor :crazy: ) could be believeable but as a mom, NOT ALL.

will watch next ep to see if it will redem itself or not.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jul 29th, '09, 15:10

Issy wrote:watched ep1 last night. I have to say that i am kind of disappointed after all this anticipation that i had for this drama.
1st of all, standard of acting was very low in this ep. even people who i thought they would be good. every single character was badly acted.

it tried too hard to copy dramas with similar plot/story lines. for example, its theme, trying to copy Maou and its filming style. then you have this pretty girl working with those dead bodies and trying to keep her cool, just like similar character in Galileo and she happens to be a close friend of lady detective.

not to mention that main characters looked too young for their character. Ryo to be a teacher in highschool was a laugh. if it wasn't for his ordinary clothing, you can easily mstake him for a student. as he quiet his job as teacher now, i guess his character might be more believeable.

as for Mizukawa Masami, i just could not see her as a mom with a child at that age at all. I am thinking is to do with her daughter getting cured later on but still, as a detective (a lousy one too, because everytime she had a gun in her hand in some sort of way, it was taken off her by someone. and she ended up beaten on the floor :crazy: ) could be believeable but as a mom, NOT ALL.

Well, I think Masami could have been like a teenage mom or something. She did look about mid-twenties in the drama, in my opinion. But I do agree with the Maou feel because it reminded me of this year's Maou. Two JB opposite of each other who have their own twisted way of good and bad or something. Tackey reminded me of L... if he had some heavy eyeliner or something. I'm kinda interested of how this will turn out...

Ah, Ryo kinda looks old enough for a teacher... but like, he's in that transition that he could still play college students, but may be passable as an older adult/teacher. I can't stand his hair cut in the back of his head! It bothers me... I wanna shape it up.

thienly

Post by thienly » Jul 30th, '09, 06:25

In an interview Asami said her character was a rebellious teenager and had a child when she was 18, she is now 25 so having a child at that age is not that unbeliavable...girls can have kid when they are 12...and she does look 25 to me

Ryo is 25 a teacher at 25 is nothing new....I graduated as a teacher when I was 22 and start teaching at 23....

It's only ep 1...lots more to see later eps
Last edited by thienly on Jul 30th, '09, 07:02, edited 1 time in total.

dgenoracle

Post by dgenoracle » Jul 30th, '09, 06:53

Issy wrote:watched ep1 last night. I have to say that i am kind of disappointed after all this anticipation that i had for this drama.

hmm... unbelievable to you, but so believable to people here in Asia... we have young teachers, mothers, etc who don't look their age here in my country. Nothing out of the ordinary.

As for the story, I don't make comparisons/judgements till the end of the drama series. I usually wait for the end to see what this drama is all about. It's final conclusion and the message/idea/moral of the story that the director/producers/scrip-writers wants to convey is not easy to visualize after the 1st episode. If you did, wow all props to you.

I think the story is interesting and will wait till more episodes to truly appreciate the drama. Thanks Nya fansubs for subbing this (just a shout out)...

Cheers! :cheers:

ZoddGuts

Post by ZoddGuts » Jul 30th, '09, 07:44

Other than the two male leads yikes at the acting, they over acted here... it was so bad not sure if it was done on purpose or not. Laughed at how the female cop look in several scenes felt really forced. The story wasn't as interesting as I would have hoped, may give this another ep or two.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jul 30th, '09, 15:31

thienly wrote:In an interview Asami said her character was a rebellious teenager and had a child when she was 18, she is now 25 so having a child at that age is not that unbeliavable...girls can have kid when they are 12...and she does look 25 to me

Ryo is 25 a teacher at 25 is nothing new....I graduated as a teacher when I was 22 and start teaching at 23....

You know, about a few months ago I was reading about the "youngest moms ever" and there was a girl who had her child at the age of 5! And the most common age of the list was like 9-10 so it just reminded me of what I read a while back. Off topic >__>

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 30th, '09, 15:58

thienly wrote:In an interview Asami said her character was a rebellious teenager and had a child when she was 18, she is now 25 so having a child at that age is not that unbeliavable...girls can have kid when they are 12...and she does look 25 to me

ummm that you mentioned it along side with others, i guess it does make sense. :-) don't know why, but i kind of have feeling that actors with much more mature looking are suited more for these kind of dramas. i had the same problem with Maou even though i loved it. it must be only me.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Jul 31st, '09, 15:56

I was kind of expecting this drama, because I secretly have the hots for Nishikido Ryo, but I must be getting old. Or I've watched too many dramas and have finally developed a taste.
But the plot is kind of stupid. Takizawa's acting was really bad. The other two... meh. I don't know, I think I'll still continue watching, but right now, it doesn't look too good.

suketeru

Post by suketeru » Jul 31st, '09, 15:59

Isn't it a little too early to say the plot is stupid? ^_^;;

Why small font? Ryo-chan <33

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Jul 31st, '09, 16:26

Wow another one of those real deeply wicked role huh :O :roll

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Aug 1st, '09, 01:07

suketeru wrote:Isn't it a little too early to say the plot is stupid? ^_^;;
Why is it too early? I watched the first episode, wasn't there an hourful of plot right there?
Why small font? Ryo-chan <33
It wouldn't be secretly if I was shouting it out for the world. :P

suketeru

Post by suketeru » Aug 1st, '09, 01:15

@SSpiegel:
Your post seemed to be general, speaking of the entire drama's plot. The first ep did not do great, but that's hopefully just the intro ^_^
what did you (not) see in the first ep? Maybe I'm missing sth ^_^;;

Didn't say it was secret. I just had to squint to read it ^____^

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Aug 1st, '09, 01:52

Well, I guess I'm speaking generally because the whole setting felt stupid to me, the devil's hands and all kinds of other hands. And it's not because I don't like unrealistic stuff, I love sci-fi and even all that supernatural stuff (Supernatural, ftw!). When I first read the synopsis, I thought it was pretty interesting, but seeing it in action... I don't know, it just wasn't executed very well. I guess the poor acting job made a lot of it.
But I'm giving it a chance, so maybe the next episode will be better.

I first said that "I secretly have the hots for Nishikido Ryo", thus "it wouldn't be secretly if I was shouting it out". Joke, you know. :)

cookiesncream

Post by cookiesncream » Aug 1st, '09, 02:51

I thought the first episode was pretty good!
Ryo and Takki's acting wasn't even that bad....i mean...idk.. maybe I was just mesmerized the whole time. :wub: Takki's face just looks so angelic to me...i know he's supposed to be evil n everything, but I almost melted at the end when he smiled.....& Ryo well he's also really good looking...he just seems so innocent in all the dramas he's in..i wish i could just give him a great big hug

can't wait till the next episode! im sure it'll get better

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Aug 1st, '09, 03:21

The 1st eps didn't live up to my expectation, & eps 2 didn't, either ^^;; There're lots of hole, many illogical scenes..
I don't remember all to cite, but the ending of 1st eps, who signal the alarm? Ryuuzaki himself or is it automatic? and the time he changed was incredible lol like in few secs? and no matter what you can't walk out a prison like that ^^ Not to mention, Nagisa is pretty bad as detective, loosing her gun twice.

In eps 2, nothing happened to Aoi? nothing can explain the death of the guardian, plus it's clear that someone had to take the keys from him to release Ryuuzaki. O_o Aoi should be put in jail, no? The ending lost me too, IDK how fast Ryuuzaki is, but doesn't he have to touch the person to heal them? how come nobody saw him do that?
And the nurse sure took time after Aoi told her to contact the police/Nagisa detective... eh

I said it already but the editing of this series is pretty bad, well for a suspense. Certain scenes are cut very awkwardly. The camera angles are weird too, I can't explain it. They kept saying how 'speedy' this drama is, but I feel the plot doesn't move that much.. Maybe in next episodes, maybe.
Beside that, I really like the theme song by Tackey <3

Daylight

Post by Daylight » Aug 1st, '09, 03:34

I liked the first episode, although it seemed that Yaotome's character was the only one without a dumba** moment. Takki's too, but Takki's acting was weird for me. Hasebe reminds me of a lesser version of Maou's Serizawa somehow.

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Aug 1st, '09, 11:51

Initially i thought the story itself was interesting. Unfortunately it wasn't well executed in the drama. Although the theme was supposed to be unrealistic (the healing hand or devil hand), but i didn't expect it to be illogical. Some scenes were really illogical and seemed forced.
I like Asami from her other shows, but sad to say her character here seemed forced and kinda out of place.
The 2 male leads have never been anyway on my fav or at least bearable actors list. So I shall just shut up and not comment on them, in case it sounded prejudice...

anyway i'm kinda disappointed at this season's dramas...

nell123

Post by nell123 » Aug 3rd, '09, 19:26

So far so good. I didn’t expect to see good acting in this drama but I hopped that the story would be better. Luckily, Tackey is pretty enough to keep me watching for now. I just pray that it doesn’t get any worse.

Yumi Yan

Post by Yumi Yan » Aug 3rd, '09, 19:33

i've just watched the first episode of the series and this is my first impression. Don't kill me for anything i said. it's just MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION. :thumleft:
So after reading the synopsis, I was kind of inrigued. Now when I saw the first episode... I must say I wasn't impressed much. I quiet liked the plot and the idea but um...It kind of reminded me of Death Note. I really liked the intro scenes, I loved all the effects and anime parts, but that theme song Hikari Hitotsu by Takizawa Hideaki, in my honestly oppinion, totally SUCKED. I didn't like it at all. I think it lacks of power and vocals. Maybe he's a good songwriter and acctor but vocalist...NO. The dance beat in my oppinion was totally off...Long story, short, I didn't like the theme song a lot. It just didn't fit the atmosphare. Diferently from that, I totaly loved the music during the episode. The dark, somehow, gothic feeling was really..something cool. So I believe kudos for the series' music will go to Izutsu Akio. About the actors... I was kind of excited to see Takki and Ryo working on the same drama set.
Now talking about Ryo and his accting....Let me say that when I got to know that Ryo is going to be a teacher at all girls school, i've started giggling hysterically, just simply saying I couldn't imagine him as a living teacher in all girls school. But this is not the point. the point is, I was expecting more from him and his accting skills. I know he's doing the best in every drama, but this time, in that episode, I didn;t really felt his empathy into Aoi's character. I felt like something is missing. Maybe it's the fault of his playing character....They said that Aoi is a purely kind angel but I think that angel somehow lacks of strenght in his personality. I know it's the first episode, so I hope things will change. However, I really liked the parts where Aoi used his power to kill. I could see the anger in Ryo's accting, so I can feel it just by looking at him.
I really wish Ryo woyld get more roles of villains. I loved Him portraying Sousuke in Last Friends. That is by far my favorite role of his. I really hope I'll see more of his evel side ... *evil smile* So I'm still having my expectations high, since it was just a first episode..
And Takki. I've seen quiet a few dramas of his and.....I must say from that first episode I'm really impressed. I totally loved Takki's acting. He powend the character totally. And i must say his appearance fits to Ryuzaki.I loved his evil side. And I totally loved the end scene smile. It was quet a new experience for me to see him as a bad guy. So if he's going to work like that through all the series, then I'll give him 3 hurays.lol *Good Job TAKKI*
I also really liked Asami's accting. She played really great, and I somehow like her character.
the first episode didn't make a very good impression....but yeah.. I'm looking forward to see more. :salut: things might change..

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Aug 4th, '09, 11:30

i was reading the comments, then i suddenly remembered i have already caught episode 2.. haha see!! the drama is so forgettable. i dun even remembered i have watched the newest epi.

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Aug 4th, '09, 21:31

I really wanted this drama to be good because Takki was my first celebrity crush. But I was very disappointed by the first episode. The opening scene was interesting enough but it went downhill from there. I blame it on the editing though. I think the first episode could be much better if they extend some scenes to have more impact, and cut short some scenes that dragged on too long. The 3 leads did ok but beside that there were some bad actings all around. The guy who was Ryo's first victim, the prison chief, the doctor, the policemen -- their over-acting were so bad that it's ridiculous. I like the theme song as a stand-alone song but it doesn't fit well with the drama.

I was frustated with these scenes in particular
1. why did Asami went to arrest the bad guys alone? She showed herself as a cop when there were 4 of them and she was outnumbered...such a stupid cop.
2. How did Ryo know where to find the bad guys? Did he follow Asami? His student was in a coma so she couldn't tell him more about the guys, how did he know who are those guys and where to find them?
3. All scenes with the prison chief. I guess they're trying to show that he's a bad guy but these scenes were unnecessary and ended up being ridiculous
4. Ryo and Asami never saw the "god hand" in action. They only heard about it from the crazy ex-cop and the corrupted prison chief, yet they believe it without a doubt.
I will still watch episode 2 and hope it can get better.

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya » Aug 4th, '09, 21:42

nnnc wrote:I was frustated with these scenes in particular
1. why did Asami went to arrest the bad guys alone? She showed herself as a cop when there were 4 of them and she was outnumbered...such a stupid cop.
2. How did Ryo know where to find the bad guys? Did he follow Asami? His student was in a coma so she couldn't tell him more about the guys, how did he know who are those guys and where to find them?
3. All scenes with the prison chief. I guess they're trying to show that he's a bad guy but these scenes were unnecessary and ended up being ridiculous
4. Ryo and Asami never saw the "god hand" in action. They only heard about it from the crazy ex-cop and the corrupted prison chief, yet they believe it without a doubt.
I agree with all of your points except the last one, it was shown when Ryuzaki healed the prison chief's face. But Asami's character didn't see it yet. Overall, I thought the first episode wasn't too bad despite the loop holes mentioned above. I also thought Ryo's character was a bit weak. He's so easily deceived! I took a peek at episode 2 and noticed they included the anime footage in the opening sequence. I thought that was just too weird and unneccessary in a drama like this. I also agree about the ending song and how it felt out of place at the end of episode 1, especially the beginning instrumental part. It didn't match the mood in that scene and it doesn't match the show's dark nature either.