[Discussion] Hanazakari no Kimitachi e [2007]

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Feb 27th, '08, 04:55

i admit it im cold inside
it takes a hell of a lot to make me cry, though i was close last night when i got shampoo in my eye, but then again that may have been my eyes naturally trying to cry the shampoo out

anyway l loved the drama to bits!

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Feb 27th, '08, 04:59

Uh lol, so did you cry for this drama or not? :lol

TeAsEy0shi

Post by TeAsEy0shi » Feb 27th, '08, 06:34

lol I guess im cold on the inside too... :roll
I so did not cry but i did feel some emotions for the ending, wishing it would not end. :cry:

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Feb 27th, '08, 07:35

atskv9 wrote:Uh lol, so did you cry for this drama or not? :lol
nope didnt cry
i dont actually know if ive cried at the end of any drama

did yooou cry? ^_^

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Feb 27th, '08, 09:00

Geez, both of you just dont outwardly show your emotions...

I kept it in pretty well until Toma's part. That part was impossible not to. And because of that, you two are inhuman :lol Just kidding! We are all different in the way we react to things ne :-)

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Feb 27th, '08, 09:15

Star-Bolt wrote:
AshanishiLynn wrote: I never watched a jdrama that made me laugh so hard
the last episode was sad for me when everyone was crying
made me want to cry
Honestly and without shame, I must confess that I was crying for half an hour indeed... I loved so much each one of the characters. I didnt want that episode to be the last.
Hana Kimi is like the craziest school drama I've ever watched ^^ It just made my summer lot more fun & living up. When it comes to end, I'm sad :-( I just love all the cast, not only the 3 main leads..

gelmar

Post by gelmar » Feb 27th, '08, 09:26

I also didn't cry. Rather, I was dissapointed in Ashiya. You know, she did everything in her power to get to that school, to recover Sano and she became friends with everyone: and in the end, she gave up on her education, and wanted to leave, even though the other guys told that they'll keep her secret.
She wanted to leave, without confessing her love to Sano. That was quite contradictory from her previous actions and insane. Luckily, he followed her to the airport :)
I was mad, when the cast came, and they still haven't gotten together. Later, I got relieved, after they were shown after the credits.

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Feb 27th, '08, 09:34

^^To what you said about giving up on her education... I really don't think the point of this drama at all was her following her education. If she cared that much about education, she would've completed it first in the states and then come over to Japan. Not saying that either country is better education-wise, but it's a big deal to switch schools, much less do it in another country. Now I haven't read the manga, but in a real life situation, she would've started her schooling back up again in America. Just my take on it.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Feb 27th, '08, 17:27

Manga spoiler
yea she continued her school in America and went on to college in the manga. Sano went to the US and studied with her cuz before she left for US, he whispered in her ear "This time, I'll come to you"

They both graduated and went back to Japan to attend a wedding. I think it's the wedding of the guy everyone keeps forgetting his name in the drama LOL Come to think of it I can't remember it now either LOL

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Feb 27th, '08, 19:49

So sad *sigh* :cry: I forgot most of what happens in this dorama anyways there seems to be some sort of weird trend in these types of japanese group doramas. Whenever someone leaves or is preparing to go, out of nowhere everyone who has ever featured in the said dorama just appear in front of the leaving person. Tears ensue as the leaving person reminisces time spent with the rest of the cast even some guy they have only met once on the way to the toilet or something...I think it was the same in MBMH and Gokusen? :scratch: Including many others. That kinda really peeved me off about this dorama because frankly it just looks childish and somewhat silly (I can excuse it if it was meant to be funny but the scene wasn't, it was for people to :cry: ). I know silly and the whole dorama isn't supposed to be serious but it still is very odd for people who arn't even on speaking terms with the leaving party to appear in front of them and then start crying :cussing: :cussing: WTF! :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:
Other then that still a good dorama with one or two funny moments and Toma stole the whole show IMO :thumleft: (Personally I was rooting for him to end up with Maki)

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Feb 27th, '08, 21:32

About the gathering at the end. It was taken from the manga. Everyone met up and gave her a farewell. Actually it was suppose to be their graduation celebration but they turned up to see Mizuki off instead. Some slight changes but pretty much the same idea. The good bye's kinda dragged a bit. Most of it could have been left out. I don't quite recall the exact stuff that occured in the manga but their good bye was better than the drama I think. It was short and sweet.

Sillybehr

Post by Sillybehr » Feb 27th, '08, 23:57

I thought this drama was funny--but I became so frustrated because I actually wanted her to get with Toma Ikuta in the end. Maybe I was the only one on that though....Plus, I found that I really didn't like Mizuki as a character. It felt like she wasn't really a whole person. I mean, it seemed to me that she idolized Sano and his jumping so much that that she became very one dimensional. As a woman, I found her to be intolerably weak.

Shun Oguri looked a lot better in Hana Yori Dango than in this series too, I noticed.

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Feb 28th, '08, 01:38

edit: oops
Last edited by atskv9 on Feb 28th, '08, 01:55, edited 1 time in total.

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Feb 28th, '08, 01:49

atskv9 wrote:Shun looking better in this than HYD? I feel totally the opposite! Shun's Rui hair is the best :thumleft: I found that Toma looked way better in Hana Kimi compared to HYD.
first - maybe you should read the above comment again ^_^

second - you do realise you sound more and more like a girl every time I read your posts ^_^ You are well on your way to being as hardcore a fangirl as the rest of us

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Feb 28th, '08, 01:58

I reread it...

i dont see anything wrong with appreciating another guy's fashion sense/style... even if i may come off sounding like a girl sometimes... It's really not often that a guy actually pays attention to his appearances where I am from and is not gay. For you Yorokobi, I will stay more reserved.

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Feb 28th, '08, 02:04

atskv9 wrote:I reread it...

i dont see anything wrong with appreciating another guy's fashion sense/style... even if i may come off sounding like a girl sometimes... It's really not often that a guy actually pays attention to his appearances where I am from and is not gay. For you Yorokobi, I will stay more reserved.
hey :crazy: please dont take offense :unsure:
i didnt mean there was anything wrong with it at all :unsure: :unsure:
i like it :roll
where i come from guys all have to be manly assholes and it pisses me off, your way is refreshing 8)
just pretend i never said anything please :cry:

(and thats officially the most smilies ive every used!)

TeAsEy0shi

Post by TeAsEy0shi » Feb 28th, '08, 11:49

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Mizuki :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
Anybody have a better vers.?? I find this pic soo cute.. :wub:

a_petite_azn

Post by a_petite_azn » Feb 29th, '08, 04:32

^^kyaaa so cute! Thanks for posting that! :D

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Feb 29th, '08, 14:05

TeAsEy0shi wrote::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Mizuki :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
Anybody have a better vers.?? I find this pic soo cute.. :wub:
This is such a cute pic XDD

I've never seen it before, akaka

man, I want the trio back!!! >.<

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 2nd, '08, 05:52

Sekime got a cameo in Koshonin ep 6 ^^;

Yvon

GOOD NEWS! Hanakimi japan will be aired in Philippines

Post by Yvon » Mar 11th, '08, 16:32

GOOD NEWS! Hanazakari no kimitachie will be aired in Philippines :cheers: :D :lol :wub: :salut: :thumright: :thumright:

genkichelli

Post by genkichelli » Mar 12th, '08, 01:42

i know!!! i saw the commercial last night around 11pm and just screamed!!! good thing the neighbors didn't mind hahaha ^^ im sooooooooo excited!

Astrix

Post by Astrix » Mar 12th, '08, 07:29

I wish they would do a follow up. It would be so cute! I know one wasn't written in the manga.
I remember the Sano and Nakatsu coming for College, but not the wedding....
But I really want them to do a SP or something :cry:

genkichelli

Post by genkichelli » Mar 12th, '08, 10:06

Astrix wrote:I wish they would do a follow up. It would be so cute! I know one wasn't written in the manga.
Do you mean an SP as the follow-up? I also agree!!!

and in response ...
sano and nakatsu came to america when mizuki went home for a short time. i don't recall tho if they were there for some school/sports thing or they went there to follow mizuki. anyway that was sometime in the middle of the manga storyline. if you're talking about (Sekime's) wedding it's not actually in the manga...it was released in a special edition of Hana to Yume.

Astrix

Post by Astrix » Mar 12th, '08, 19:55

genkichelli wrote:
Astrix wrote:I wish they would do a follow up. It would be so cute! I know one wasn't written in the manga.
Do you mean an SP as the follow-up? I also agree!!!

and in response ...
sano and nakatsu came to america when mizuki went home for a short time. i don't recall tho if they were there for some school/sports thing or they went there to follow mizuki. anyway that was sometime in the middle of the manga storyline. if you're talking about (Sekime's) wedding it's not actually in the manga...it was released in a special edition of Hana to Yume.
Oh okay...I should check that out...so cute is the Sekime!

An SP follow up is indeed what I mean...Gah, want want want...

also....
I thought at the end of the manga Sano and Nakatsu came to America to go to college with Ashiya...

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 12th, '08, 21:32

Sano and Nakatsu went to America in the middle of the manga to join in a sports training exchange.

Sano went to America in the special after the end of the manga to attend college with Mizuki.

The special if they do have it in the drama will be nothing like the manga. It ended with the class going to visit Mizuki in America. If there's a special, it will be a class trip (which isn't in the manga. The class trip they in the manga was to Hokkaido around middle of the manga.

Astrix

Post by Astrix » Mar 12th, '08, 22:06

seirin wrote:
Sano and Nakatsu went to America in the middle of the manga to join in a sports training exchange.

Sano went to America in the special after the end of the manga to attend college with Mizuki.

The special if they do have it in the drama will be nothing like the manga. It ended with the class going to visit Mizuki in America. If there's a special, it will be a class trip (which isn't in the manga. The class trip they in the manga was to Hokkaido around middle of the manga.
YepYep, wakatta...

Yvon

Filming of Hanakimi Special has started

Post by Yvon » Mar 13th, '08, 15:25

Filming of Hanakimi Special has started according to some sources in yamaki.co.nr forum :-) credits to CIK

Astrix

Re: Filming of Hanakimi Special has started

Post by Astrix » Mar 13th, '08, 17:35

Yvon wrote:Filming of Hanakimi Special has started according to some sources in yamaki.co.nr forum :-) credits to CIK
Yatta!! That's really exciting...but I wonder...the website that they linked to was in Chinese (I think...I'm still kinda asleep, lol) So, maybe it's the Taiwanese one that's getting a special?

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Mar 13th, '08, 22:23

^^The website, Baidu, being in Chinese doesn't really have anything to do with whether it's the Taiwanese drama really. Baidu has tons upon tons of info and threads on Japanese actors/actresses, etc. But from what I've read is that it hasn't shown up on 2ch yet so not sure whether to believe it.

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Mar 18th, '08, 20:32

"Hana Kimi" SP confirmed
Tue, March 18, 2008 (4:33pm EDT)
Last summer's "Hanazakari no Kimitachi e" drama series is returning for a one-episode special. Starring Maki Horikita, Shun Oguri, and Toma Ikuta, the show was very popular, especially among female viewers. It averaged 17.3% ratings, with the final episode reaching 21.0%.

According to Fuji TV, the special will take place half a year after the series' end. With Osaka Gakuen getting ready for an upcoming Valentine's Day event, Sano (Oguri) and Nakatsu (Ikuta) reflect on the final week of their last summer vacation, which falls into the timeline of the original series between episodes 7 and 8. The special also includes a graduation scene and addresses the relationship between Mizuki (Horikita) and Sano.

Filming begins on Wednesday, but no broadcast date has been specified yet.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Mar 18th, '08, 21:29

We've all been patient and now we are finally rewarded! Yay! Now just the wait until it airs, whenever that is :lol

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Mar 19th, '08, 05:05

YAHHH!!! founf out today about the SP.. i can't wait.... I hope to get to understand what it about thou.....

meoinkie2

Post by meoinkie2 » Mar 19th, '08, 16:26

Maki having her hair trimmed for the SP..
welcome back Ashiya!!

brys27

Post by brys27 » Mar 19th, '08, 18:19

hello guys, i just joined recently in d addicts community hehehe and watch hana kimi jap, nice jdrama made me cry a lil bit hehehe, wew im greatful there making a sp on hana kimi jap, so when do you guys think it will air? :D excited to see maki again so cute hehehehe :D

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Mar 19th, '08, 21:16

brys27 wrote:hello guys, i just joined recently in d addicts community hehehe and watch hana kimi jap, nice jdrama made me cry a lil bit hehehe, wew im greatful there making a sp on hana kimi jap, so when do you guys think it will air? :D excited to see maki again so cute hehehehe :D
I think this summer XDD well I hope so, because I'm really impatient lol

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Mar 19th, '08, 23:48

I can't wait either.. sicne 1 it almost my aneversty of comign here.... and 2 the reason i came and messaged regulary was BECAUSE of hanakimi!!!!!
Can't wait.. BTW I"m back!!!

a_petite_azn

Post by a_petite_azn » Mar 20th, '08, 02:00

meoinkie2 wrote:Maki having her hair trimmed for the SP..
welcome back Ashiya!!
ooh thanks for the link! Maki looks as adorable as ever as Mizuki! I can't wait for the SP!!!

brys27

Post by brys27 » Mar 20th, '08, 03:33

that nice, cant wait to watch the sp, hehehe, =)

Star-Bolt

Post by Star-Bolt » Mar 20th, '08, 15:09

What a good news!!!! I almost cant wait to see Ashiya again! I missed Nakatsu and Komari too. And my fav character... Tenouji ^^. Maybe this will be the final conclution of the story. I cant avoid for being a little sad because of that hehe =P

wlben

Post by wlben » Mar 20th, '08, 16:24

thanks for the info

Saragorn
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Saragorn » Mar 21st, '08, 04:10

Does anyone here know where to get HQ raws of the DVD specials without Chinese subtitles? We at TOMAlicious fansubs want to sub them, but we haven't located them yet. :)

kirakira_luv

Post by kirakira_luv » Mar 22nd, '08, 12:41

yeahhhhh~!! for Hana Kimi SP
i read it from Junpei's blog too

hoonie08

Post by hoonie08 » Mar 23rd, '08, 05:17

the best version ever!!!

hoonie08

Post by hoonie08 » Mar 23rd, '08, 05:19

IM SO EXCITED ABOUT THE SPECIAL! WOW!

saki-chan

Post by saki-chan » Mar 23rd, '08, 05:26

yay! i can't wait to watch it! the ending of the show was so begging for a speacial. but hwat i don't get is, why would Maki-chan need to cut her hair if it's set after the show ended? wouldn't Mizuki's hair have grown a bit?

Rori

Post by Rori » Mar 23rd, '08, 05:27

Maybe she just took a like to the style? It is pretty cute.
And hooray for SP!

Seriously can't wait. Espcially for more Nakatsu.

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Mar 23rd, '08, 06:11

My take on why she cut her hair again is that, if you read the short synopsis about what is going to be in the SP, it's actually recollecting parts from a time between episodes 7 and 8. So at that point, her hair still would've been short since she was in school :thumright:

F4

Post by F4 » Mar 23rd, '08, 21:38

i loved Nakatsu more than Sano.... it seems her relationship with Nakatsu are not going to progress since the sp will address her relationship with Sano :glare:

anyways i am looking forward to the sp to see toma chan :wub: and Oguri Kon :wub:

see ya

aphroditesings

Post by aphroditesings » Mar 24th, '08, 16:07

are there pinoys here?
there has been a discussion at the PEX forum regarding the Hana Kimi japanese and taiwanese version (on which is better between the 2). hehe... the two biggest tv networks here in the philippines decided to show both shows with the same starting date (march 24). good thing they don't have the same timeslot.

just sharing... =)

though yes, i'm SO with all of you being excited for the SP. =)

meoinkie2

Post by meoinkie2 » Mar 25th, '08, 17:40

source: toma's bar at baidu..
reuploaded by me

Salz

Post by Salz » Mar 25th, '08, 17:48

thanks for the cute pic....just hope there is also some more pic of Maki with Shun and Hiro^^
who is the girl with Maki in the 2nd pic???
is she a new character??
or suppose to be Mizuki best friend from abroad???
Last edited by Salz on Mar 25th, '08, 17:52, edited 1 time in total.

Salz

Post by Salz » Mar 25th, '08, 17:51

wait is that Minami from Yukan Club????
she does really look like her^^ but maybe i'm wrong^^"
i like her a lot...
maybe she is the one gonna become Mizuki bestfriend^^
i hope so beside she is mix so it is not weird for her to become foreign girl

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 25th, '08, 18:28

She looks to be like Mizuki's friend from America ^^; kakaka I guess we'll see Nakatsu arguing with her a lot and getting jealous ^^;

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Mar 26th, '08, 04:46

Her name is Julia!!! WEHHHHH... i can't wiat to see it!!!

Salz

Post by Salz » Mar 26th, '08, 05:23

yeah i remember now....her name is Julia...havent read the manga for a long time thats why i forgot
but im so glad Minami going to be Julia...i really like her but i dun really like the wig^^"
it look weird on her

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Mar 26th, '08, 05:25

that Minami.. hahah.. intresting......

Satoshi_Izure

Post by Satoshi_Izure » Mar 26th, '08, 09:51

seirin:

had you made the pre 2hours SP into torrent??

please write it again if I missed it :lol

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 26th, '08, 14:47

Satoshi_Izure wrote:seirin:

yes, I posted the special on torrent.

a_petite_azn

Post by a_petite_azn » Mar 26th, '08, 15:46

Oooh looks like Julia will be making an appearance! :D Loved her character in the manga. But the wig definitely looks odd on Minami :blink

Can't wait to see Nakatsu again!

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Mar 26th, '08, 21:16

That wig on Julia reminds me of when Mizuki wore the red wig in one of the first episodes and yeah it looked odd then too... This crew needs to fire their wig specialist :whistling:

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Mar 28th, '08, 00:21

well... that what Julia hair looks like.. it liek the same style... it more of the actress ho has it on looks weried with the wig.. hahaha.. I love minami... but 1 i didn't recaonize her... 2 my mom thought she was japanese and was littl e mad.... hum.....

Satoshi_Izure

Post by Satoshi_Izure » Mar 28th, '08, 05:16

seirin wrote:
Satoshi_Izure wrote:seirin:

yes, I posted the special on torrent.
Can you put its link??
I couldn't find it myself. .
Thx^^

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 28th, '08, 05:19

actually you could have done a search on the torrents page for hanazakari, but here's the link anyway

http://d-addicts.net/torrents/hanazakar ... al.torrent

jeanzaddict

Post by jeanzaddict » Mar 28th, '08, 13:54

i accidentally read the synopsis of the manga which can be the story of the SP. i regret i've read it :(

Satoshi_Izure

Post by Satoshi_Izure » Mar 28th, '08, 15:28

seirin wrote:actually you could have done a search on the torrents page for hanazakari,
Yeah. .
I'm sorry I just couldn't find it using the search menu.
Maybe I got the word mispelled or something,
But thanks anyway ^__~

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Mar 28th, '08, 15:37

jeanzaddict wrote:i accidentally read the synopsis of the manga which can be the story of the SP. i regret i've read it :(
No need to worry. I don't think they're following the manga. They haven't been following it very closely all through the drama anyhow. It's a VERY lose adaptation.

Mrs-Nishikado

Post by Mrs-Nishikado » Mar 28th, '08, 16:11

Hello Minna!:D

its great news to know that they arent following the manga because me too i accidentely read it in the shop,while trying to hide from the shopkeeper :P

And minami looks great with a blond wig i really liked her in yukan club, i cant wait for hana kimi cant wait to see adorable nakatsu :wub:

iruka92

Post by iruka92 » Mar 28th, '08, 16:34

Do you know that the special episdoe will air this May?
They're filming it already.

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Mar 28th, '08, 21:26

iruka92 wrote:Do you know that the special episdoe will air this May?
We've known that it had already started filming based on the confirmation of the SP, but where did you find out that it will air this May?

edit: I just read a translation of Maki's staff diary from yesterday and it said that there was no confirmed air date yet. Thanks to unleashthegeek @ blogspot

iruka92

Post by iruka92 » Mar 29th, '08, 14:40

atskv9 wrote:
iruka92 wrote:Do you know that the special episdoe will air this May?
We've known that it had already started filming based on the confirmation of the SP, but where did you find out that it will air this May?

edit: I just read a translation of Maki's staff diary from yesterday and it said that there was no confirmed air date yet. Thanks to unleashthegeek @ blogspot
I read it somewhere. (LOL)
But the date could change.

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Mar 29th, '08, 21:49

iruka92 wrote:I read it somewhere. (LOL)
:scratch: You're not going to tell us where?

iruka92

Post by iruka92 » Mar 30th, '08, 00:36

atskv9 wrote:
iruka92 wrote:I read it somewhere. (LOL)
:scratch: You're not going to tell us where?
Not that.
I was browsing around but I didn't save the website. I always clear all my history.
Hold on *Searching***

here.

http://nomanymore.blogspot.com/

but if im wrong, im sorry. -_-"

phantombeast

Withdrawls

Post by phantombeast » Mar 31st, '08, 04:57

Hi, first post. I've downloaded a lot from here, but never made an account. And after finishing HanaKimi, I think I have to.

So I think it's fitting I joined D-Addicts, because I'm going through withdrawls. I know this might sound like I'm some fanboy or otaku (diff?), but it's not even a joke. I watched the first 7 episodes last night, and the last 6 today. I stopped only for sleep. Which isn't unusual for me. If all the episodes are available and you have free time (I was home sick this weekend) why not? I watched all of PGSM in a week. So I'm not exactly sure what's wrong.

I feel kinda shakey, my stomach has that empty feeling like hunger (it's not), and I can't get the Orange Range song out of my head. I actually had to rewatch the first half an hour of episode 1 just to get me through the day. I stopped my homework tonight, just to write about it here and in my blog. And it's almost 1AM, I finished the series at like 6PM.

I get I sound crazy, cause if I was reading this, I'd be like "Get away for the computer, and get a life". Which I plan to do tomorrow. I'm not against getting help.

This was only my second JDrama. The first was Akihabara@Deep. I was pretty entranced by it, but it didn't leave me with this gut wrenching feeling. Maybe it's Ikuta Toma's fault. He was Box in @DEEP. Maybe he's my drug. Hehe.

Am I alone in this? Did I just get too attached? Was it a good story ending so fast (12 hours with one break) mixed with getting over a fever that did this to me? Does everyone else get so immersed in the characters and the story? I just wanna make sure I'll be alright to watch the other 70gigs I have downloaded.

Maybe I need someone to talk me down. Maybe I need friends who watched it. Maybe I just wish it wasn't over?

K, I'll end my life story. Thanks for listening.

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Mar 31st, '08, 15:55

I never get that since i hae watched 30 dramas.... but i have ti say i have say i ad a smilar feeling

when i was in the hospital last year around this time.... i didn't watch any dramas.... no computer..... and i started to go mental really.... but watch hana-kimi Taiwanwese version really helped me later on.... so how i was okay.... didn't sllep much.. kept watchign this,....
wish i was here in that time... talkign to you guys woulkd make me feel beter....

but... anyway... it okay drama is an addicting thing.... lookng around hwew could help you...