[Discussion] Nodame Cantabile and also its SP in Europe

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
delaciel

Post by delaciel » Jul 1st, '10, 23:01

^ eeeeeh? Really??
I should check it when it's out!! ^_____^

aility

Post by aility » Jul 2nd, '10, 08:15

Oohhh! awesomeness! My summer holiday is now officially being dedicated to Nodame Cantabile and the looong loong list of korean movies 8)

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 2nd, '10, 13:27

Nodame Cantabile: Saishuu Gakushou: Kouhen DVD Special Edition, Standard Edition, Bluray on October 8, 2010!!!!

http://www.hmv.co.jp/news/article/1006300006/
http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/3864252

That would be like a century away!!!T_T

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 2nd, '10, 13:44

yanie wrote:Nodame Cantabile: Saishuu Gakushou: Kouhen DVD Special Edition, Standard Edition, Bluray on October 8, 2010!!!!

http://www.hmv.co.jp/news/article/1006300006/
http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/3864252

That would be like a century away!!!T_T
Nice... Thanks for the heads up... Time to add it to my wish list. :thumright:

BTW, from what I've read, the 3 DVD set is the one to get: the Blu-ray version doesn't have all the extras that the DVD set has... At least that was the case for Movie 1. :sweat:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 13th, '10, 04:53

From my niece. :lol

aility

Post by aility » Jul 13th, '10, 09:26

@bmwracer: THAT IS JUST TOO ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing ^^

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Jul 17th, '10, 03:41

movie 1 bluray taiwan ver with english sub is out btw.
http://www.yesasia.com/global/102290533 ... /info.html
http://dvd.jsdvd.com/product_info.php?products_id=23402 <-- cheaper here

otherwise you can download it from ADC but 38gb :S

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 17th, '10, 04:07

^ The DVD download from ADC is 4.92GB. :)

remcon

Post by remcon » Jul 18th, '10, 19:31

has anyone seen a 720p rip of the dvd version anywhere?

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 18th, '10, 22:15

The English subbed 1st movie theatrical version is now available at SARS :)
http://sars-fansubs.com/downloads

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 19th, '10, 03:28

yanie wrote:The English subbed 1st movie theatrical version is now available at SARS :)
http://sars-fansubs.com/downloads
Yatta! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

HypnoSurf22

Post by HypnoSurf22 » Jul 19th, '10, 03:39

Great news! *runs to dl....*

shinqtaro

Post by shinqtaro » Jul 19th, '10, 06:18

remcon wrote:has anyone seen a 720p rip of the dvd version anywhere?
I think the SARS HD rip is supposed to be from a blu-ray disc, but it doesn't look like a 1080p rip or even a 720p rip, although the resolution is fine. Just rewatched the movie in HD and they included a modified trailer of the finale at the end as well, w/ subs.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 19th, '10, 13:51

shinqtaro wrote:I think the SARS HD rip is supposed to be from a blu-ray disc, but it doesn't look like a 1080p rip or even a 720p rip
What makes you say that? :scratch:

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » Jul 19th, '10, 14:00

Nodame Movie is out now? Yeah! I guess the theatrical version is longer than the tv version, right?

aility

Post by aility » Jul 19th, '10, 14:00

Wooaah, need to download the theatrical version too :cheers:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 20th, '10, 00:08

bmwracer wrote:
shinqtaro wrote:I think the SARS HD rip is supposed to be from a blu-ray disc, but it doesn't look like a 1080p rip or even a 720p rip
What makes you say that? :scratch:
Yow, you're right. :sweat:

The HD version is only 1280x528 and the SD version is 720x304. :pale:

darqtanian

Post by darqtanian » Jul 25th, '10, 00:20

woah. i cant wait for the part 2 of the final movement..
anyone knows when will it come out??? with english subs?

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 25th, '10, 01:52

darqtanian wrote:woah. i cant wait for the part 2 of the final movement..
Part 1 DVD was released early June and SARS subbed version was available in end of July.

Part 2 DVD will be released early Oct, so I predict SARS subbed version of it won't be available until the end of November :-)
But probably the Taiwanese DVD version with English subs would come out a bit earlier, maybe in early or mid-Nov.

darqtanian

Post by darqtanian » Jul 25th, '10, 02:06

yanie wrote:
Part 1 DVD was released early June and SARS subbed version was available in end of July.

Part 2 DVD will be released early Oct, so I predict SARS subbed version of it won't be available until the end of November :-)
But probably the Taiwanese DVD version with English subs would come out a bit earlier, maybe in early or mid-Nov.
yikes its a long wait..... :(

shinqtaro

Post by shinqtaro » Jul 25th, '10, 04:47

yanie wrote:

Also check for the region 3 Hong Kong DVD whose part I is suppose to come out earlier than the Taiwanese version (although YesAsia only listed traditional Chinese subs but I've yet to see any HK release of Chinese or Japanese movies w/o English subs (e.g. HK region 3 version of Suspect X's English subs is excellent)).

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 27th, '10, 19:34

Image :lol

aility

Post by aility » Jul 27th, '10, 19:43

I love her facial expressions :D

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 27th, '10, 21:00

aility wrote:I love her facial expressions :D
Same here... :wub:

She's gotta have the most expressive face in all of Jdrama. :thumright:

Kathstandsalone

Post by Kathstandsalone » Jul 30th, '10, 05:53

How I wish the live action could have Chiaki and Nodame performing together. Will we ever get that?? In the second movie, it felt like things were not of a closure but having the looking towards the future kind of feeling. In the end, tho' she resumes her piano lesson ... I'm not sure if Nodame will have her struggles with her piano again. Certainly, but we will see her overcoming them and moving forward until the day we get to see them on the stage together. :)

I felt that the movie had too many flashbacks

In the manga - when does Chiaki & Nodame perform together?

Nodame is one of my favourite dramas of all time. :D :D

OmegaWeltall

Post by OmegaWeltall » Aug 7th, '10, 17:04

Kathstandsalone wrote:In the manga - when does Chiaki & Nodame perform together?

Nodame is one of my favourite dramas of all time. :D :D
In the manga:
Nope... we didn't get to see them performing together in a grand concert.

Though we did get them playing the mozart piece that they'd played together in Tanioka-sensei class... Which, I think, symbolizes them being together on and off stage in a simple and more profound way.... considering the build-up to that point in manga.

And that is way I feel disappointment towards the movies, though I've only seen the TV broadcast of the 1st movie. They are too simplistic, repeating similar points shown in the drama...

I share your sentiment, Kathstandsalone ... too many flashback...

And I kinda miss the posh, ever arrogant, ever demanding, conservative, rigid and elegant oni-akuma-oresama Chiaki Sinichi....

elainekimmbap

Post by elainekimmbap » Aug 11th, '10, 18:40

helloo(:
i have started watching nodame cantabile a couple months ago and i am in lovee<33
haha, so well while i was looking for the second movie i happened to find this thread
and i read alot of the information people put up :D
and i was wondering which program you guys use to watch the torrents??
like i downloaded the first movie from SARS, but the torrent doesnt seem compatible with the programs in my computer :-(

please helppp :D

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Aug 18th, '10, 13:53

:)

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Aug 20th, '10, 16:10

alga

Post by alga » Aug 20th, '10, 20:35

bmwracer wrote:Image
Sugoi!!!!!!

Thanks, bmwracer!

elainekimmbap

Post by elainekimmbap » Aug 21st, '10, 00:19

does anyone know what piece of music nodame was playing
when she was playing with stresseman??
i am referring to the trailer for the second movie??

alga

Post by alga » Aug 21st, '10, 06:47

elainekimmbap wrote:does anyone know what piece of music nodame was playing
It's "Chopin Piano Concerto No.1 in E minor Opt.1 Mvt 1". You can find it in "Nodame Cantabile Last Movement".

elainekimmbap

Post by elainekimmbap » Aug 21st, '10, 21:53

alga wrote:
elainekimmbap wrote:does anyone know what piece of music nodame was playing
It's "Chopin Piano Concerto No.1 in E minor Opt.1 Mvt 1". You can find it in "Nodame Cantabile Last Movement".

thankyouuuu(:

Immortal_Angel

Post by Immortal_Angel » Sep 2nd, '10, 13:53

I jus watch the part 1 of the final movement and there is one question I never really understand or maybe I never pay close attention to but why does Stresemann keeps on saying that Chiaki's is Nodame's despair and him telling Nodame (i think in the series) that her and Chiaki most likely cannot be together? and in the movie near the end when Chiaki was done playing Nodame seems really said and said "No fair" why is that?

gah sorry to bombard with all these question :P

alga

Post by alga » Sep 2nd, '10, 14:46

Immortal_Angel wrote:I jus watch the part 1 of the final movement and there is one question I never really understand or maybe I never pay close attention to but why does Stresemann keeps on saying that Chiaki's is Nodame's despair and him telling Nodame (i think in the series) that her and Chiaki most likely cannot be together? and in the movie near the end when Chiaki was done playing Nodame seems really said and said "No fair" why is that?

gah sorry to bombard with all these question :P
Since the beginning of the series,
Nodame works hard in order to reach Chiaki, who is very good in playing piano and playing music as a director. Her dream is to play a concert piano, Chiaki as a director. Instead, in the movie, Chiaki plays and directs a concert piano all by himself. So she says "No fair".

Tennisfan351

Post by Tennisfan351 » Sep 4th, '10, 20:55

Can anyone who has seen Nodame Cantabile The Final Score Part 2 please tell me what happened in the that movie. For example can someone please give me a full summary of the movie? The DVD doesn't come out until October and I've waited since last year when part 1 came out (sorry I'm an impatient person :D ) Of course I don't want to spoil it for anyone who wants to wait so it being under a hidden/spoiler box is perfectly fine. So if it's not too much trouble for anyone who has seen part 2 please tell me. Thanks so much! :-)

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Sep 5th, '10, 03:08

Movie 2 will be out in a month... You've waited this long... Patience! :mrgreen:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Sep 8th, '10, 15:35

Credit: Baidu

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Sep 20th, '10, 19:19

Last edited by bmwracer on Sep 21st, '10, 03:28, edited 1 time in total.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Sep 20th, '10, 22:30

Ahhhh.... spoilerrrrr >_<

I really appreciated you posted the pics, bmw. But I'd be more grateful if you give a spoiler warning before the last pic XD

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Sep 21st, '10, 03:28

yanie wrote:Ahhhh.... spoilerrrrr >_<

I really appreciated you posted the pics, bmw. But I'd be more grateful if you give a spoiler warning before the last pic XD
Ooops... Gomen.

Though it's not like anyone should be surprised, ne? :P

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Sep 21st, '10, 04:25

bmwracer wrote:
yanie wrote:Ahhhh.... spoilerrrrr >_<

Ooops... Gomen.

Though it's not like anyone should be surprised, ne? :P
I think it's not about the kiss, it's about in which scene did it happen! :mrgreen:

doshite

Post by doshite » Sep 21st, '10, 04:32

tennisfan,et al--download the last anime series and watch that in the meantime The anime series stayed closer to the manga which I liked because more time was spent on the day to day business and less on the performances.Also some characters,plots, dropped in the movie versions...but I must agree with a lot of fans that Juri-chans portrayal of Nodame is a classic. I can see this shiow forever circling the globe as younger fans look for the best shows. Like me and Long Vacation. (hey wait, it's another piano show!!)

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Sep 29th, '10, 18:50

Image :pale: :cry:
Credit: Jurippe

juri25

Post by juri25 » Oct 7th, '10, 21:57

so da Japanese release of the second dvd is supposedly set for tomorrow ryt?
i checked yesasia.com

roflcopter

Post by roflcopter » Oct 9th, '10, 15:27

I never really liked Japanese dramas and classical music. This dorama got me hooked, I liked the story line and love the way Nodame yells Mukya and Gyabo and made me appreciate classical music. Can't wait for the 2nd movie to get subbed. :D Also, Chiaki is good to look at :wub: , I liked him better before the SP, he's way too skinny. :P

shinqtaro

Post by shinqtaro » Oct 15th, '10, 00:08

Just watched the live action of the finale (part II). Having read the manga and watched the anime, I went in with very low expectations, but it turned out to be even worse than I thought. Everything just feels flat (even w/ the great music); there' s nothing that the anime doesn't do better (except maybe the slightly longer concert performances). I thought the end of ep. 8 in the anime's finale is one of the best cliffhangers in the series (i.e. if you haven't read the manga) and is so well done (the part where they quote Faust together w/ the opera music); in the live action the whole idea was lost among the bloated sfx w/ a much less powerful choral piece. Very disappointed, if you haven't watched the anime, my advice is, DON'T; watch the live action first then do your own comparison.

saayan

Post by saayan » Oct 15th, '10, 01:10

shinqtaro wrote:Just watched the live action of the finale (part II). Having read the manga and watched the anime, I went in with very low expectations, but it turned out to be even worse than I thought. Everything just feels flat (even w/ the great music); there' s nothing that the anime doesn't do better (except maybe the slightly longer concert performances). I thought the end of ep. 8 in the anime's finale is one of the best cliffhangers in the series (i.e. if you haven't read the manga) and is so well done (the part where they quote Faust together w/ the opera music); in the live action the whole idea was lost among the bloated sfx w/ a much less powerful choral piece. Very disappointed, if you haven't watched the anime, my advice is, DON'T; watch the live action first then do your own comparison.
Hmm... did you watch the entire live-action series or ONLY that one finale movie? I suggest you watch the entire series if you haven't! It's a lot more rewarding.

shinqtaro

Post by shinqtaro » Oct 15th, '10, 01:38

saayan wrote:Hmm... did you watch the entire live-action series or ONLY that one finale movie? I suggest you watch the entire series if you haven't! It's a lot more rewarding.
I watched the entire series. The drama (Tokyo chapter) is better than the anime (even though it cut out some interesting music - the pacing in the anime is a mess), IMO the live action finale (part II) is the worst of the series (compared to the anime). Even part I is better in some aspect.

xxpinkyzxx

Post by xxpinkyzxx » Oct 15th, '10, 03:52

shinqtaro wrote:
saayan wrote:Hmm... did you watch the entire live-action series or ONLY that one finale movie? I suggest you watch the entire series if you haven't! It's a lot more rewarding.
I watched the entire series. The drama (Tokyo chapter) is better than the anime (even though it cut out some interesting music - the pacing in the anime is a mess), IMO the live action finale (part II) is the worst of the series (compared to the anime). Even part I is better in some aspect.
I kind of agree with some parts that you are saying. I find that the drama version is very well done. However, the movie version was done in a rush, not as good as the drama. Even so, if you read the manga, the ending is not so tidy and i heard a lot of ppl are dissapointed with it. So, i guess part of it that makes the movie not as good as expected is also due to the plot. I don't really expect much from the movies, i just want to watch more Nodame and CHiaki! :-) :wub:

alga

Post by alga » Oct 15th, '10, 07:00

What about english subs for the live action finale? I'm trying to find them...

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Oct 15th, '10, 13:38

alga wrote:What about english subs for the live action finale? I'm trying to find them...
SARS released a hardsubbed version of Movie 1 a while ago... They'll be working on Movie 2 when they're finished with their current project.

alga

Post by alga » Oct 15th, '10, 16:31

bmwracer wrote: SARS released a hardsubbed version of Movie 1 a while ago... They'll be working on Movie 2 when they're finished with their current project.
yeah, I guess so...thanks, bmw :-) Still, I would like to know if the dvd version and the bluray version have got english subs.

However, I saw the movie yesterday... I liked so much Juri Ueno; she is a great actress. :thumright:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 15th, '10, 18:05

Can't wait for the second one. I have to admit, the first movie wasn't as nice as I would have liked. The magic is gone a bit and I'm not too keen on the new characters anyway. Oh well, I still wuv our "old" guys. ^^

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Oct 15th, '10, 18:26

alga wrote:
bmwracer wrote:SARS released a hardsubbed version of Movie 1 a while ago... They'll be working on Movie 2 when they're finished with their current project.
yeah, I guess so...thanks, bmw :-) Still, I would like to know if the dvd version and the bluray version have got english subs.
They don't. :pale:

Considering there's a huge market outside of Japan for dramas and movies, you'd think they'd sub a lot of their stuff, but no... :(
However, I saw the movie yesterday... I liked so much Juri Ueno; she is a great actress. :thumright:
That she is. :thumright:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Oct 15th, '10, 20:13

Yatta! I got my DVD box in the mail today! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Oct 15th, '10, 20:25

bmwracer wrote:Yatta! I got my DVD box in the mail today! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
:D :cheers:

xxpinkyzxx

Post by xxpinkyzxx » Oct 16th, '10, 03:36

bmwracer wrote:Yatta! I got my DVD box in the mail today! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
That's great! :cheers: Are you going to watch it without the subs?

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Oct 16th, '10, 05:46

xxpinkyzxx wrote:
I just did. :thumright:

Movie 2 is quite a bit more serious and dramatic than its predecessors, I thought.

I'll need to watch it again with subs to understand more of the details... I sort of knew what things were happening, since I watched the anime Finale a while back.

Knowing what I knew from the anime, I thought the live action was a bit rushed to squeeze things into the two hours... That's the problem with movies sometimes.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 16th, '10, 07:53

I felt that with the first movie as well. It was a bit too serious and also a bit too packed. Also, I somehow feel things are uneven with the character introduced.
We've had a whole series and two specials to get to know everyone and the new characters are too many to really let us get attached to anyone in such short time.

Also, the dubbing does not help at all. With me, personally. I can't "connect" to the new foreign guys because of it. Not just because they seem to pop out of nowhere.
It just feels like the magic has died down. The chemistry between the cast also seems to have died down too. I don't know. Maybe it was because I've been away from it so long.

P.S: Bmwracer, what a cute avatar. ^^

xxpinkyzxx

Post by xxpinkyzxx » Oct 16th, '10, 11:12

bmwracer wrote:
xxpinkyzxx wrote:
I just did. :thumright:

Movie 2 is quite a bit more serious and dramatic than its predecessors, I thought.

I'll need to watch it again with subs to understand more of the details... I sort of knew what things were happening, since I watched the anime Finale a while back.

Knowing what I knew from the anime, I thought the live action was a bit rushed to squeeze things into the two hours... That's the problem with movies sometimes.
Ah i see. I have already watched the 1st movie and thought it was done in a rush as well.

I have watched the anime and read the manga. In the manga, i reckon even the plot near the end was done in a rush too. In fact, a lot of people weren't happy with the not-so-tidy ending in the main storyline... but in the Opera-Encore chapter, Ninomiya Tomoko ended it in a slightly better way.
Chiaki gave Nodame an engagement ring :wub:
Nevertheless, having the chance to see chiaki and nodame again is good enough for me :P

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Oct 16th, '10, 15:36

Orion1986 wrote:Also, the dubbing does not help at all. With me, personally. I can't "connect" to the new foreign guys because of it. Not just because they seem to pop out of nowhere.
Yeah, I agree about the dubbed voices: seems so fake and cheesy... One of the very few production choices that I really disliked.
It just feels like the magic has died down. The chemistry between the cast also seems to have died down too. I don't know. Maybe it was because I've been away from it so long.
Probably.

I think you need to watch the entire Nodame series from the start... The long gap between the movie releases did affect the continuity and momentum of the series...

roflcopter

Post by roflcopter » Oct 17th, '10, 10:58

Just watched the second movie without the subs, didn't understand anything at all. :S
I was sad that they didn't include the meeting of Viera-sensei which was shown in the anime. :(

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Oct 17th, '10, 17:48

roflcopter wrote:Just watched the second movie without the subs, didn't understand anything at all. :S
I was sad that they didn't include the meeting of Viera-sensei which was shown in the anime. :(
If you watched the Finale anime, you have the basic gist of what's going on...

But yeah, we need the English subs from SARS. :pale:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Oct 18th, '10, 17:32

Credit: Baidu

tru32urluv

Post by tru32urluv » Oct 26th, '10, 00:27

I'm currently watching the second move on viikii right now. Couldn't wait any longer for SARS lol. Will come back and state my opinions later. I did come across the kiss so far though~ Not gonna tell what goes on though hahaha.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Nov 7th, '10, 05:54

Just discovered this:

Movie 2 (three parts, 2.25GB total, join using hjsplit):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KJRN9JIK
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2NG2Y2MA
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F2GV5B4B

English Subs: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RSN5LFQY

Credit to ourhour @ livejournal :thumleft:

Not sure about the video or sub quality: I'm still currently downloading the video.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Nov 8th, '10, 14:51

Coming in December:

fida_hahn1

Post by fida_hahn1 » Nov 9th, '10, 02:45

bmwracer wrote:Just discovered this:

Movie 2 (three parts, 2.25GB total, join using hjsplit):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KJRN9JIK
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2NG2Y2MA
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F2GV5B4B

English Subs: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RSN5LFQY

Credit to ourhour @ livejournal :thumleft:

Not sure about the video or sub quality: I'm still currently downloading the video.
yeheehee!!
tqvm for the link. I uploaded yesterday. wow 2 hours long.. :wub:
i watched it at vikii already but still couldn't get enough of them (nodame & chiaki).
although the LA is over, i'll definitely looking forward for the manga:opera hen.
million thanks bmwracer! :cheers: :cheers:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Dec 2nd, '10, 20:29

Double vision?

Image :mrgreen:

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Dec 2nd, '10, 21:59

bmwracer wrote:Double vision?

Image :mrgreen:
Give me the one on the right, please! :mrgreen:

juri25

Post by juri25 » Dec 5th, '10, 16:08

i watched da final sequel last night
i was a mess XP
to me the movie felt like a roller coaster ride
it started with a bang but it had its highs and lows
juri chan as usual did not disappoint with her outstanding acting n hiroshi kun was awesome :D
i was heart broken towards the end since da nodame cantabile live action franchise closed its last chapter :'(
i watched a dvd rip version
da subs were unexpectantly very good :P

p.s. da fact that its over did not entirely sink in. i hope the denial never fades :P

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Dec 13th, '10, 15:07

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Dec 13th, '10, 16:59

Nodame Movie 2 is now available at SARS: http://sars-fansubs.com/downloads :cheers:

xxpinkyzxx

Post by xxpinkyzxx » Dec 15th, '10, 15:45

bmwracer wrote:Nodame Movie 2 is now available at SARS: http://sars-fansubs.com/downloads :cheers:
Hooray! Thank you so much SARS! You are my saviour :cheers: