[Discussion] Nodame Cantabile and also its SP in Europe

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 17th, '10, 13:30

Orion1986 wrote:Would it really be that expensive to have an audio track with the original voices? I mean, come on! It's Nodame friggin' Cantabile! They gotta know they'd have international fans and a lot of them.

Don't they realise they'd make a hell of a lot more money if they had english subs and original audio track? Heck, I'd buy the Special Edition without a second thought if that was the case. So would maaaaaaaaaany other non-japanese fans.

I get a small production with only local fans not making a break for an international release, but why are they so dead set on excluding foreign fans who are willing to pay good money for the things they appreciate?

They gotta know that there's this whole wave of interest for asian cinema and tv going on in the world, so how can they ignore foreign fans like that? Sure, it'd cost a bit more to make the necessary adjustments to DVD releases, but think of the payoff!
Yeah, that's been a long topic of discussion over the years: Why don't the studios release dramas/movies with English subtitles since it would increase revenues by creating a large international market..... :scratch:

I suppose there's more to it than our simple view of the situation, but it would be nice to know why it can't be done... :sweat:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 17th, '10, 13:35

yanie wrote:Ahhh, after watching the first movie, I caught Nodame fever again!!! Chiaki-senpaaaaii.... yappari, shu-te-ki *v* I'm not really attracted to Tamaki Hiroshi in other drama/movie, but somehow I love Chiaki so much, so much!! <3 Probably due to his cold and warm mix attitude toward Nodame XD

I'm glad I watched the DVD version first before the TV version. The TV version was pretty terrible @_@ I was actually going to ask if anyone know when will the 2nd movie be broadcasted on TV, so we can get the RAW soon. But on 2nd thought, if the movie will be butchered again and they deleted many important scenes, I guess I'll skip the TV version. (though I dunno if I'll be patient enough to wait for October to come for the 2nd movie DVD release T_T)
Yeah, it'll seem like an eternity... :sweat:
Anyway, I kinda forgive the dubbing, because Nodame is a very cartoonish drama/movie... the Japanese dubbing helps to excel that cartoonish element. I think Nodame would be less cartoonish, if they talk in their original voices...
But the actors spoke in their original voice/language in season 1...

Maybe it more of a problem that the Japanese people don't want to read a bunch of subtitles... :pale:
Btw, I heard the Bluray version movie has difference with the DVD movie, is it true??O_O
So Bluray version has additional scenes? XD
I don't think it's true... The only difference is the HD video, I believe.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 17th, '10, 23:17

The only difference is the HD video, I believe
HD video? You mean the DVD?

Anyone know the music piece's title played as background when:
Nodame was wandering around Paris feeling very sad and then it was raining, right before Chiaki told her "Let's live separately" ??
I heard that score in Shiroi Kage too and I love it so much! Is it Tchaikovsky?

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 17th, '10, 23:25

yanie wrote:
The only difference is the HD video, I believe
HD video? You mean the DVD?
I meant the only difference between the Blu-Ray and DVD is that the Blu-Ray is HD, while the DVD is only SD. :)

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 18th, '10, 04:22

bmwracer wrote:I meant the only difference between the Blu-Ray and DVD is that the Blu-Ray is HD, while the DVD is only SD. :)
Oh okay, got it^^

Currently rewatching Nodame Cantabile in Europe, the 2007 specials. I've only watched this once back then, so I kinda forgot the story... and I find myself laughing so hard re-watching this^^

Then, I realized something... I didn't really laugh out loud watching the 1st movie. It is still very good for me, but somehow I laughed alot less, compared to when I watch the 2006 drama series and the 2007 specials. Is it just me?^^;;

I hope the 2nd movie would be alot funnier^^

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Jun 18th, '10, 04:46

yanie wrote:Then, I realized something... I didn't really laugh out loud watching the 1st movie. It is still very good for me, but somehow I laughed alot less, compared to when I watch the 2006 drama series and the 2007 specials. Is it just me?^^;;
Well, I still laugh at some of the first scenes of the Movie.... but yeah maybe the 2006 and 2007 version is more funny in a way, but kinda' shallow(?) IDK, I found the movie more deeper in a term of Chiaki-Nodame relationship development~~~ Or maybe, for me, it was less funny because it ended with Nodame and Chiaki kinda' separated way~~~~~ (the 2006 and 2007 ended with a sweet scene) :-)

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 18th, '10, 04:47

yanie wrote:
bmwracer wrote:I meant the only difference between the Blu-Ray and DVD is that the Blu-Ray is HD, while the DVD is only SD. :)
Oh okay, got it^^

Currently rewatching Nodame Cantabile in Europe, the 2007 specials. I've only watched this once back then, so I kinda forgot the story... and I find myself laughing so hard re-watching this^^

Then, I realized something... I didn't really laugh out loud watching the 1st movie. It is still very good for me, but somehow I laughed alot less, compared to when I watch the 2006 drama series and the 2007 specials. Is it just me?^^;;

I hope the 2nd movie would be alot funnier^^
From what I've heard from others who have seen Movie 2, it's even more dramatic, as Nodame and Chiaki's relationship gets more involved and complicated...

If you're seen any of the anime (Finale), you can see this as well.

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Jun 18th, '10, 04:50

^ off topic from the live action version, but in the manga itself, their relationship development became more and more complicated each volume... and make me frustrated sometimes XD

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 18th, '10, 06:24

Oh, I don't find anything wrong with Nodame-Chiaki's relationship development in the movie. For me, it's beautifully developed (although its a bit frustrating, indeed) and I still love those scenes where Chiaki did some "DV deeds" to Nodame, haha~ Nodame-Chiaki is still a SAIKOU COMBI for me!^^ I'm not disappointed at all with them.

Actually, I thought it was because I find the original casts, Nodame and Chiaki's Japanese friends were more fun and merrier. Frank and Tanya are great additional casts, I love them too... but I guess I just missed their Japanese friends and to me, they were alot funnier ^_^

So, watching the preview, I'm really looking forward to the 2nd movie!^o^ Not just Eita and Koide Keisuke, but Mizukawa Asami will play a big part too in the 2nd movie, no? I love her!^^(though she's not one of the comical character :P)

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Jun 18th, '10, 06:55

^ LOL yes... Nodame-Chiaki combi~~~~ a perfect boke and tsukomi(?) :P
Hmmmn, yeah maybe Tanya and Frank are less 'attractive/weird' compare to Masumi or Mine XD... But that scene of Nodame VS Yuko is kinda' fun to watch too~~~ :D

thienly

Post by thienly » Jun 18th, '10, 08:13

Hmm just finished watching the part 1 of the movie (TV version) the part where Chiaki throws Nodame looks so fake, even more fake than the drama season 1, and the part where Nodame falls into the pond seem soooo fake as well. I am disappointed with the movie. Couldnt they have made it more realistic? I mean they spent lots of $$ to send the crew to Europe to film it.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 18th, '10, 09:08

delaciel wrote:But that scene of Nodame VS Yuko is kinda' fun to watch too~~~ :D
LOL. Yeah, it was fun, but don't you think Jean-Yuko kinda popped out of nowhere and their appearance was kind of, ...pointless?? XD

Minna-san, I would like to suggest, PLEASE DO NOT WATCH THE TV VERSION XD
It has really terrible editing and it really took out the essence of the story!! We can't feel Nodame-Chiaki's relationship development AT ALL in the TV ver >_< Of course, I can understand that the TV version's purpose is purely for promotion, so it can't be helped.

Seriously... if you want to watch, I recommend just watch the DVD/Bluray version directly ^_^

Btw, about the fakeness of Nodame... it was too obvious they used a doll! haha, of course, it looks fake. Weren't the drama series and specials had quite fake scenes too?? But the point of Nodame Cantabile is the cartoonish and ridiculous elements, so the fakeness was filmed in purpose^^ I loved those scenes that used doll stunt-in for Nodame, heehee~
Last edited by yanie on Jun 20th, '10, 09:32, edited 1 time in total.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 18th, '10, 13:39

yanie wrote:Btw, about the fakeness of Nodame... it was too obvious they used a doll! haha, of course, it looks fake. Weren't the drama series and specials had quite fake scenes too?? But the point of Nodame Cantabile is the cartoonish and ridiculous elements, so the fakeness was filmed in purpose^^ I loved those scenes that used doll stunt-in for Nodame, heehee~
Yup, I'm sure that was the intent, just like the opening scene in season 1 with the fake plane skidding down the runway.... It's all tongue-in-cheek. :P

From the "Making Of" DVD, they originally had a stunt person fall into the water fountain, but decided to use a dummy instead... :lol

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Jun 18th, '10, 14:08

yanie wrote:
delaciel wrote:But that scene of Nodame VS Yuko is kinda' fun to watch too~~~ :D
LOL. Yeah, it was fun, but don't you think Jean-Yuko kinda popped out of nowhere and their appearance was kind of, ...pointless?? XD
Hahaha... pointless, but it's still fun XD and I kinda' wait for that scene (the one involving jean's poster VS Chiaki's poster), cz that scene is actually exist in the manga and they are those characters who around Chiaki and Nodame a lot in Europe... So, I like to keep an eye on Jean-Yuko~~~~ :D

As for the fakeness... well like others, I also think it was made on purpose... :-)

And yes... I agree, just watch the DVD version... It was more make sense in everything LOL

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 18th, '10, 23:31

I'm obssessed with the kotatsu kisu scene! So, I put them together and slow-motioned it, and added other Nodame-Chiaki scenes from the 2nd movie preview, and Nodame-Chiaki 1st movie scenes that were not in the TV version. I used a music track from Nodame original OST, "Ai no Aisatsu". I missed this tune! They didn't use Nodame original OST anymore in the movie, right?

Anyway, here it is, just for fun^^
http://www.mediafire.com/?y2zbyjtdyjm

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Jun 19th, '10, 00:46

yanie wrote:I'm obssessed with the kotatsu kisu scene! So, I put them together and slow-motioned it, and added other Nodame-Chiaki scenes from the 2nd movie preview, and Nodame-Chiaki 1st movie scenes that were not in the TV version. I used a music track from Nodame original OST, "Ai no Aisatsu". I missed this tune! They didn't use Nodame original OST anymore in the movie, right?

Hoooo... will check it later~~~~ LOL :D

EDITED:
I've watch it~~~ It was very nice~~~~ I love it~~~~ My eyes almost teary watching it~~~
Kotatsu Kissu~~~~ :wub: :wub: :wub: Chiaki-Nodame relation is a mix of everything, cute, sweet, frustrating, etc LOL
Last edited by delaciel on Jun 19th, '10, 07:27, edited 1 time in total.

HypnoSurf22

Post by HypnoSurf22 » Jun 19th, '10, 04:35

yanie wrote:I'm obssessed with the kotatsu kisu scene! So, I put them together and slow-motioned it, and added other Nodame-Chiaki scenes from the 2nd movie preview, and Nodame-Chiaki 1st movie scenes that were not in the TV version. I used a music track from Nodame original OST, "Ai no Aisatsu". I missed this tune! They didn't use Nodame original OST anymore in the movie, right?

Ah yanie great little video. Thx for sharing it :D

I'm really looking foward to the kotatsu kisu scene also :mrgreen:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 19th, '10, 04:44

That's great...! :cheers:

Their playful, kooky, and sometimes romantic interaction is one of the great enduring things about the entire Nodame series... Just terrific. :thumleft:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 19th, '10, 11:17

Glad you guys like it!^^

A nostalgic shot from 2006...

LOL, seriously, it's not Tamaki-Juri who made a guest appearance in this show, but it's really Chiaki-Nodame there :lol

I re-uploaded this subbed IiTomo Oct 16th, 2006 clip for a friend (I've posted it in this thread too, 3 years ago^^), I'll share it here too (but it has quite a bad quality): http://www.mediafire.com/?wmizoyjj4zn

Juri-chan = Nodame da naaa.... XD

I used to be a Tamaki-Juri shipper back in 2006 and I thought they would make a very good couple in real life, coz their real personality look so close with Nodame-Chiaki XD And with Juri kept clinging on Tamaki like that (I remember I saw her clinging on him impulsively, at another show too).... can they look any cuter together?? Even Nakai Masahiro is a Tamaki-Juri shipper too, haha... they came to Bistro SMAP twice and he told them the same thing twice "You two should get together in real life too!".

But Tamaki and Juri's response to that is so negative.... seem like they're totally not interested in each other... haha, zannen XD I wonder if they like each other at all? What's Tamaki-Juri's relationship like? Does Tamaki think of her like a little sister? Or just like ordinary working partners who don't like each other much? XD I saw them a few times in news interviews/butaiaisatsu, etc... seem like they always have this boke-tsukkomi interactions as well in real life, lol.(or was it just because for the movie promo? :P)
Last edited by yanie on Jun 20th, '10, 09:33, edited 1 time in total.

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Jun 19th, '10, 12:37

yanie wrote:
I re-uploaded this subbed IiTomo Oct 16th, 2006 clip for a friend (I've posted it in this thread too, 3 years ago^^), I'll share it here too (but it has quite a bad quality): http://www.mediafire.com/?wmizoyjj4zn
Aaah, I haven't watch this~~~ :lol will taking now~~~~ Thanks~~~~
:salut:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 19th, '10, 14:58

yanie wrote:Glad you guys like it!^^

A nostalgic shot from 2006...

Nice... Didn't you hardsub this?

One of my favorite Hiroshi-kun/Juri-chan/Game Show video clips... Hilarious! :lol
But Tamaki and Juri's response to that is so negative.... seem like they're totally not interested in each other... haha, zannen XD I wonder if they like each other at all? What's Tamaki-Juri's relationship like? Does Tamaki think of her like a little sister? Or just like ordinary working partners who don't like each other much? XD I saw them a few times in news interviews/butaiaisatsu, etc... seem like they always have this boke-tsukkomi interactions as well in real life, lol.(or was it just because for the movie promo? :P)
Yeah, it'd be nice if they were a couple, but their on-screen chemistry doesn't mean that they'd be a good couple in real life... They just work together really really well... An you can see it on the screen in the dramas and movies. :thumright:

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Jun 19th, '10, 16:50

Urmn, kinda' off topic but, I also found some cute moment between Tamaki Hiroshi and Ueno Juri on one TV show ( I don't know the title), where Tamaki Hiroshi and Ueno Juri came as guest promoting Nodame Cantabile Movie Part 2. In the show, they have to guest which food (?)belongs to winter season(?), and when Tamaki Hiroshi choose the wrong answer (food), he sort of have to drink a drink which have a bad taste.... And he sort of spill off the drink a bit and his clothes become dirty with it and then Ueno Juri who sit next to him wipe it.... LOL They have nice chemistry together~~~~

:D :D

HypnoSurf22

Post by HypnoSurf22 » Jun 19th, '10, 19:54

yanie wrote:I used to be a Tamaki-Juri shipper back in 2006 and I thought they would make a very good couple in real life, coz their real personality look so close with Nodame-Chiaki XD

Even Nakai Masahiro is a Tamaki-Juri shipper too, haha... they came to Bistro SMAP twice and he told them the same thing twice "You two should get together in real life too!".
Ne yanie, what do you mean by shipper? I don't understand :unsure:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 20th, '10, 03:03

delaciel wrote:Urmn, kinda' off topic but, I also found some cute moment between Tamaki Hiroshi and Ueno Juri on one TV show ( I don't know the title), where Tamaki Hiroshi and Ueno Juri came as guest promoting Nodame Cantabile Movie Part 2. In the show, they have to guest which food (?)belongs to winter season(?), and when Tamaki Hiroshi choose the wrong answer (food), he sort of have to drink a drink which have a bad taste.... And he sort of spill off the drink a bit and his clothes become dirty with it and then Ueno Juri who sit next to him wipe it.... LOL They have nice chemistry together~~~~

That was the Pekepon SP that I posted a torrent for: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... on+sp+ueno :thumleft:

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Jun 20th, '10, 05:11

bmwracer wrote:
delaciel wrote:Urmn, kinda' off topic but, I also found some cute moment between Tamaki Hiroshi and Ueno Juri on one TV show ( I don't know the title), where Tamaki Hiroshi and Ueno Juri came as guest promoting Nodame Cantabile Movie Part 2. In the show, they have to guest which food (?)belongs to winter season(?), and when Tamaki Hiroshi choose the wrong answer (food), he sort of have to drink a drink which have a bad taste.... And he sort of spill off the drink a bit and his clothes become dirty with it and then Ueno Juri who sit next to him wipe it.... LOL They have nice chemistry together~~~~

That was the Pekepon SP that I posted a torrent for: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... on+sp+ueno :thumleft:
Oh, so that's the title :D
I watch the stream version..... And there's no title~~~ XD
They were cute there and Love to watch them doing the batsu game in the end~~~~ :mrgreen:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 20th, '10, 08:32

thienly wrote:Hmm just finished watching the part 1 of the movie (TV version) the part where Chiaki throws Nodame looks so fake, even more fake than the drama season 1, and the part where Nodame falls into the pond seem soooo fake as well.
I just watched one of the promo show, and Tamaki explained the dummy-use purpose. It is to convey to the audience, that this is suppose to be a funny scene where you may laugh. If they use real people for those hidoi scenes, Chiaki would look like doing DV :lol

yanie wrote:Anyone know the music piece's title played as background when:
Nodame was wandering around Paris feeling very sad and then it was raining, right before Chiaki told her "Let's live separately" ??
I heard that score in Shiroi Kage too and I love it so much! Is it Tchaikovsky?
I asked this question and now I got the answer myself :P The music is MAHLER Symphony No.5 Adagietto :roll

bmwracer wrote:Nice... Didn't you hardsub this?
One of my favorite Hiroshi-kun/Juri-chan/Game Show video clips... Hilarious! :lol
Yes, I did^^ And now I just found a more complete subbed video of the show, with a better quality in my harddisk XD I totally forgot I've subbed the complete game 3 years ago, but perhaps that time my connection couldn't upload much^^ This is the complete game with better quality, 4-mins clip, 62 MB: http://www.mediafire.com/?zvdkzdgflhn

Juri-chan and Tamaki-kun are absolutely IN-character, ne~ :D

HypnoSurf22 wrote:Ne yanie, what do you mean by shipper? I don't understand :unsure:
It means I was rooting for Tamaki-Juri to get together in real life too ^_^ But not anymore now. They have great romantic onscreen chemistry in the drama, but ZERO when they are being themselves and got interviewed together XD Unlike a few onscreen couples who look quite close, make fun of each other, much skinships, or being shy around each other.... Tamaki-Juri never show these kinds of interactions at all when they appear together in interviews/shows, so I rest my case, haha! :lol It's obvious they absolutely think of each other as working partners only and they're just good friends :roll

bmwracer wrote:That was the Pekepon SP that I posted a torrent
Thank you! You answered my question before I asked :cheers:

delaciel wrote:I watch the stream version..... And there's no title~~~
They were cute there and Love to watch them doing the batsu game in the end~~~~
I finally found the streaming version. Haha... Juri-chan is going to be a good wife! LOL. Somehow that's the impression I get, coz although Juri and Tamaki were sitting separated by 1 person, but Juri still took the trouble to reach for Tamaki and wiped her jacket for him^^
And yes, the batsu was really fun!! haha~ Juri is such a silly girl... really great to see her doing the batsu!^^

Somehow I enjoyed the 1st movie alot more during the 2nd time I watched it. Probably bcoz Nodame and Chiaki and surrounding them has changed a bit... they have become more mature... I had troubles in accepting that, the first time... but once I've accepted that... the movie actually has a very good story, comparable with the previous ones. I just need to accept the changes happening in Nodame and Chiaki's life :-)

I wrote a Nodame-Chiaki's love story analysis:
http://yanie02.livejournal.com/109932.html
Last edited by yanie on Jun 20th, '10, 09:34, edited 1 time in total.

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Jun 20th, '10, 08:58

yanie wrote:
delaciel wrote:I watch the stream version..... And there's no title~~~
They were cute there and Love to watch them doing the batsu game in the end~~~~
I finally found the streaming version. Haha... Juri-chan is going to be a good wife! LOL. Somehow that's the impression I get, coz although Juri and Tamaki were sitting separated by 1 person, but Juri still took the trouble to reach for Tamaki and wiped her jacket for him^^
And yes, the batsu was really fun!! haha~ Juri is such a silly girl... really great to see her doing the batsu!^^

Somehow I enjoyed the 1st movie alot more during the 2nd time I watched it. Probably bcoz Nodame and Chiaki and surrounding them has changed a bit... they have become more mature... I had troubles in accepting that, the first time... but once I've accepted that... the movie actually has a very good story, comparable with the previous ones. I just need to accept the changes happening in Nodame and Chiaki's life :-)

I wrote a Nodame-Chiaki's love story analysis:
http://yanie02.livejournal.com/109932.html
Yes.... in that show they were so cute.... IDK, a combination between husband-wife/big brother-little sister relationship? LOL

I lost count how many times I watch the 1st movie over and over again... and the more often I watch it, I see more deeper their relationship~~~~ ::overrated:: :P Chiaki-Nodame relationship development in Europe feel more mature than back when they were still in Japan~~~~~ :wub:

I will pay a visit on your Livejournal then~~~~~ 8) 8)

flamethunder85

Post by flamethunder85 » Jun 20th, '10, 14:34

Yanie, thx a lot for the clips. LOL @ the slow motion. I laugh so hard. :lol

And seeing your review makes me excited again. Nodame-Chiaki SAIKO! :cheers:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 21st, '10, 09:53

To those who have the first movie DVD, is there any interviews with the European musicians, members of the orchestra that Chiaki/Tamaki has to conduct? I heard one of them comments Tamaki's conducting is even better than some of the real ones, so I wonder if they give any comments abt that in the DVD extra features^^

Seem like the musicians in the first movie were all REAL musicians, right? Except for the bassoon(fagot?) player who can speak Kansai-ben...haha, I doubt that's he's a real musician... or is he?^^

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Jun 21st, '10, 10:05

^ same question with yanie~~~~ anyone? LOL

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 21st, '10, 13:44

yanie wrote:To those who have the first movie DVD, is there any interviews with the European musicians, members of the orchestra that Chiaki/Tamaki has to conduct? I heard one of them comments Tamaki's conducting is even better than some of the real ones, so I wonder if they give any comments abt that in the DVD extra features^^

Seem like the musicians in the first movie were all REAL musicians, right? Except for the bassoon(fagot?) player who can speak Kansai-ben...haha, I doubt that's he's a real musician... or is he?^^
I think there were some brief conversations with some of the orchestra members who had speaking roles, but I'll need to double check.

In the orchestra audition scenes, the violinist and cellist were clearly skilled players. :thumright:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 22nd, '10, 04:12

Credit: Baidu

shinqtaro

Post by shinqtaro » Jun 26th, '10, 05:28

OK, just watched the movie version. Better than I expected, but I'm not sure I agree w/ those who says that it follows the anime closely - I would put it at most 60% (BTW the anime doesn't follow the manga 100% either). There are characters/events removed/changed/reordered and at least 1 musical piece inserted or pieces removed in concert performances, but it still makes for a fun watch.

The end credits listed some unknown (not even 3rd tier) european orchestras, and I have my doubts that the concertmaster actually plays the violin (some scenes you can tell the surrounding violinists actually played better than him). His body movement seems way over the top and his bow movements all over the place.

BTW, having rewatched the anime, the chopin piano concerto which is in the finale is the only piece that is fully animated from beginning to end (not just performance by the soloist but the rest of the orchestra members as well), except for the solo performances of course.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 26th, '10, 07:48

Image Image

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Jun 26th, '10, 11:01

bmwracer wrote:Image Image
Aweeeee......
Cute....Cute....Cute.....
:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 26th, '10, 14:07

Surprise birthday celebration for Juri-chan!!^o^

ImageImage

Juri still look so cute even without make-up!

She received a present from the staff, and she was like "????" when she opened it.

Staff: "It's 31 world flavours of toothpaste set!"

Juri showed the toothpaste set to Tamaki.

Juri: I see! But I do not want to brush my teeth with this Indian curry one!
(the staff laughed)

ImageImage

Tamaki: Why don't you brush your teeth with that before the kissing scene.
(Juri and the staff laughed)

Juri: Found it! I'll brush my teeth with this 'white peach' one before the kissing scene!

LOL! LOL! The more I see Tamaki-Juri, the more they look like big brother and little sister to me ^v^

As far as I watched the making, Vieira-sensei is acted by a real-world known Czech conductor, Zdenek Macal. (and I heard that the solo violinist in the end of the first special in europe is a Czech pro musician.) As for the orchestra members that Tamaki conducted at the end of the first movie, they were all playing the musical instruments for real during the filming, but the music during that scene we heard in the finished-edited movie is from another orchestra recorded in a studio at London, specially for the Nodame movie.

Interesting fact, Tamaki has added history record in one of the orchestra concert hall: "The only Japanese who has conducted orchestra inside the hall are Ozawa Seiji(real conductor) and Tamaki Hiroshi". :D Sugoi ne, Tamaki! XD
Last edited by yanie on Jun 26th, '10, 14:31, edited 1 time in total.

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Jun 26th, '10, 14:25

^ 31 world flavours of toothpaste set??? LOL Really? there are such thing like that?? XD
Aweeee.... Juri-Tamaki cuuuteee~~~~ make me want to watch that~~~~~~

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 26th, '10, 14:49

yanie wrote:She received a present from the staff, and she was like "????" when she opened it.

Ahhh.. That's what that was... :lol

I watched Disc 2 last night and couldn't figure out what the heck they gave her for her b-day... Thanks for the translation! :thumleft:

Here's the cake: :)
Image Image

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 26th, '10, 15:06

bmwracer wrote:Ahhh.. That's what that was... :lol

I watched Disc 2 last night and couldn't figure out what the heck they gave her for her b-day... Thanks for the translation! :thumleft:

Here's the cake: :)
Image Image
Thanks for the birthday cake pics!! Oh yea, the narrator said Tamaki took the initiative to lit on the candles by himself :roll (while they were waiting for Juri to come) yasashii~

Has anyone pick up the DVD extra features for subbing?? I think these are really gems and needs to be subbed! XD (if only I have more time)

A professional classical musician praised Nodame's story, Tamaki's conducting acting and Juri's piano-performance acting, highly. He said musically, there's nothing wrong at all with Nodame's story, nothing about the story made him go "this doesn't make sense" or "there's no way it turn out like this", everything abt Nodame's story is very, very possible to happen in real life, he said. Regarding Tamaki and Juri's acting performance in the musical scenes, he said there's nothing about them that made him want to say "they should've done it this way", he said they have really done it wonderfully.

Nodame, Chiaki and Matsuda(Tanihara Shosuke)'s deleted scene was hillarious! :lol

And I love the dialogue between Chiaki and Matsuda after Chiaki threw Nodame out of his apartment:
Matsuda: So your father is a talented pianist, your mother is a rich woman and your girlfriend is a hentai(weirdo). There are really alot of things going on around you, Chiaki-kun!

Chiaki: But among them, the one I chose myself was only the hentai one.
Aww~ I wonder if this deleted scene was in the manga?

And to see Tamaki-Tanihara together.... Love Shuffle's Usa-tan and Kiku-rin reunion! :wub:
Last edited by yanie on Jun 26th, '10, 15:19, edited 2 times in total.

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Jun 26th, '10, 15:13

yanie wrote:
And I love the dialogue between Chiaki and Matsuda after Chiaki threw Nodame out of his apartment:
Matsuda: So your father is a talented pianist, your mother is a rich woman and your girlfriend is a hentai(weirdo). There are really alot of things going on around you, Chiaki-kun!

Chiaki: But among them, the one I chose myself was only the hentai one.
Aww~ I wonder if this deleted scene was in the manga?
^ Yes it was from the manga ~~~~~ LOL
I love that dialogue~~~~ When he said that in the manga, I was like aweeeee XD XD

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 26th, '10, 15:21

yanie wrote:Nodame, Chiaki and Matsuda(Tanihara Shosuke)'s deleted scene was hillarious! :lol
Yeah, the bubble bath scene was great... Wonder why they took it out... Too risque? :scratch:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 26th, '10, 15:23

So it was!! Aww... too bad, that scene is quite important, imo! Besides it being hillarious, I think that Chiaki's line is some kind of confirmation abt his feelings for her.

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Jun 26th, '10, 15:33

yanie wrote:So it was!! Aww... too bad, that scene is quite important, imo! Besides it being hillarious, I think that Chiaki's line is some kind of confirmation abt his feelings for her.
Yeah... *sigh* I knew.... that line is important~~~~~
LOL remembering how cold Chiaki, this kinda' line, which show Nodame's place in his heart, is precious for me~~~~ :P

HypnoSurf22

Post by HypnoSurf22 » Jun 26th, '10, 15:58

Thx for all the bonus info from the 2nd disk everyone. That tooth paste set was so funny. Its one of those only in Japan things ne? :D

on a side note, @yanie:
I like your sig. ByakuYakou is one of my all time fav dramas.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 26th, '10, 17:05

yanie wrote:She received a present from the staff, and she was like "????" when she opened it.

31 Flavors??

Like from a Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream store? :scratch:

:lol

shinqtaro

Post by shinqtaro » Jun 26th, '10, 19:38

yanie wrote:As far as I watched the making, Vieira-sensei is acted by a real-world known Czech conductor, Zdenek Macal. (and I heard that the solo violinist in the end of the first special in europe is a Czech pro musician.) As for the orchestra members that Tamaki conducted at the end of the first movie, they were all playing the musical instruments for real during the filming, but the music during that scene we heard in the finished-edited movie is from another orchestra recorded in a studio at London, specially for the Nodame movie.
Yes, Zdenek Macal is the principal director of Czech Philharmonic, which according to the latest ranking in 2008

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... d=97291390

at least made it into the top 20 orchestras in the world. It would make a world of difference for me if they can actually make Nodame debut w/ Czech Philharmonic (you can google their resident concert hall rudolfinum and contrast that with the hall Nodame performed in in the trailer for the finale). If the concertmaster is a pro musician, then he's way over acting and not a very good one because I've never seen a good one played like that.

EDIT: Just rewatched the opening of the movie (the Vienna part) and it does look like the concert was performed in the resident of Vienna Philharmonic - the Musikverein, so I wonder why they can't/don't rent a more decent hall for Nodame's debut in the finale...

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 27th, '10, 00:17

Just finished watching the day by day making of the first movie.

-The Beethoven No. 7 concert in Vienna in the opening of the movie was a real orchestra. The extras who sit there as the audience gave standing ovation twice, after the director said "CUT!" they gave another impulsive standing ovation which according to the narrator was a real standing ovation for Tamaki Hiroshi's performance.

-According to the narrator, it was a miracle that they could film the opening scene in the Gesselschaft der Musikfreunde concert hall in Vienna. In the beginning, that hall had full schedule for the next 2 years, they weren't able to get permission to film there. But just like a miracle, suddenly they received a call just one day before filming crank-in, that there was 1 concert cancelled, so they had permission of 1 day to film a scene in that hall. So, they had to separate 2 days filming schedule in Brno, for going to Vienna in between them.

-Apparently the staff auditioned people who can both act and play musical instruments for some of the Roux Marlet orchestra members (incl. the concert master). So they CAN PLAY, but they're NOT PROS. Plus, they are a mix of Americans, Germans, Italians and French people. The DVD also has a feature of a few scenes without the dubbing, the Roux Marlet's orchestra members' conversations were really multi-lingual XD I wonder where did the staff auditioned them? In Japan? :roll
Last edited by yanie on Jun 27th, '10, 00:56, edited 2 times in total.

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Jun 27th, '10, 00:42

^ aaaaaah...... So they really can play (even not a pro)~~~
Thanks for the info~~~~

A real standing ovation for Tamaki Hiroshi??? hahahahaa.... cool~~~~ :cheers:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 27th, '10, 03:10

yanie wrote:The DVD also has a feature of a few scenes without the dubbing, the Roux Marlet's orchestra members' conversations were really multi-lingual XD
Too bad they didn't leave it that way in the final cut with the original voices... :pale:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 27th, '10, 03:59

Tamaki had conducting lessons for 2 months before the filming start with a Japanese conductor, Iimori Norichika, who has experiences in conducting European orchestra-s as well. Iimori-san had always been Tamaki's conducting tutor since 2006. Pictures of the conducting rehearsal:
ImageImage

Fukushi Seiji, the actor who played Kuroki Yasunori, the oboist talked abt how perfect Tamaki's conducting was, twice, in Mezamashi and during the first day premiere. There were times when sometimes he was not sure of when to start to play the oboe. But each time he has to start playing(according to the music score), Tamaki's eyes always met his like giving him a sign, "This is your turn! Start playing now!". He doesn't know how much Tamaki must have read the music score, but Tamaki must have understand the music very, very well. For Fukushi, it was almost like Tamaki was really conducting rather than acting.
FYI, Fukushi Seiji can really play the oboe. I don't know whether he can play even before Nodame Cantabile 2006, or he started to play oboe ever since he has to play the character, though. He played one classical piece just for fun in front of the staffs, that he has practiced hard before, but didn't get to be filmed for the audition scene.

After the Tchaikovsky 1812 filming, the director came to Tamaki so excitedly saying, "Yabai!!! I got too excited!", seem like he was very satisfied with Tamaki's performance^^ And then during one of the stage greetings, the director commented, "Tamaki's conducting was yabai!! His left hand was yabai!! It was very sexy! (to the audience) Don't you think??". Juri added, "Yeah, I liked that certain part he did with his left hand... Iroke desu ne(that was quite a charm/sex appeal)...". Tamaki said, "Yes, well... I thought ero-sa(sexiness) is an important part of conducting as well," LOL! :lol

Karube-san, the Mezamashi announcer who hosted most of the stage greetings told Tamaki, "You were really wonderful in that orchestra climax scene! Why don't you just become a real conductor instead??". Tamaki immediately denied, "That's impossible!".

As for Iimori Norichika, he said from the drama series to the specials, Tamaki's performance got better... and now for the movie, he has gotten better even more. Right before they departed to Europe to film the Tchaikovsky 1812 scene, Iimori said, "Tamaki's performance is still 80% perfect so far, I hope with the real orchestra he can do it more perfectly,". Too bad, Iimori was not interviewed again after the orchestra filming^^

According to Tamaki, during the 2006 drama series, he almost couldn't separate his right and left hands' movements, somehow it always moved the same way. But now he has come to learn how to separate his both hands' movements.

Juri comforting nervous-Tamaki before the Vienna performance :roll

ImageImage

More pics:
ImageImage

Tamaki and Juri who just entered the concert hall. See the difference?^^
Juri entered the orchestra hall with a wide smile saying "Kireeeei(so beautiful)!!!". While Tamaki was looking at the hall with a very serious thinking expression, like some kind of pressure burdened him.

Milch Holstein tried to kiss Nodame-chan again during the premiere greeting! :lol

Host: Milch-san, can you please give your messages to your pupil, Chiaki-san and Nodame?

Milch: Chiaki!
Tamaki: Hai...
Milch: Nodame-chan!!
Juri: Haaa~ai....
Milch: I'm very happy that the movie premiere day has finally come!! So, let's the three of us hug each other!!!
(the whole theater laughed)
Tamaki: (laughed) The three of us has to hug each other??!
(Milch came onto Juri trying to kiss her)
Tamaki: (laughed) Abunai, abunai(dangerous)!!

Juri: Iyadaaaa!!
(she ran and hide behind the director)
Milch: Nodame-chan! One more kiss!!!

ImageImage

(and then she ran back, and hide behind Tamaki, pushing Tamaki toward Milch, lol!)

ImageImage

ImageImage

Milch: Owh! Chiaki!

ImageImage

(haha, but then finally Juri hugged Milch too, lol!)

Takenaka-san omoshiroi naaa... :lol
Last edited by yanie on Jun 27th, '10, 07:26, edited 1 time in total.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 27th, '10, 04:24

Poster photo session:

Image Image
Image Image

HypnoSurf22

Post by HypnoSurf22 » Jun 27th, '10, 04:31

^ Hehe I like the way they use a pink screen instead of a green screen :D

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 27th, '10, 04:42

HypnoSurf22 wrote:^ Hehe I like the way they use a pink screen instead of a green screen :D
Actually the pink is the background for the poster...

They did use a green screen for the Hentai no Mori sequence:
Image Image
Image Image

shinqtaro

Post by shinqtaro » Jun 27th, '10, 06:31

yanie wrote:-According to the narrator, it was a miracle that they could film the opening scene in the Gesselschaft der Musikfreunde concert hall in Vienna. In the beginning, that hall had full schedule for the next 2 years, they weren't able to get permission to film there. But just like a miracle, suddenly they received a call just one day before filming crank-in, that there was 1 concert cancelled, so they had permission of 1 day to film a scene in that hall. So, they had to separate 2 days filming schedule in Brno, for going to Vienna in between them.
I guess lightning didn't strike twice then :-(
That wasn't even an important episode in the anime/manga (in fact I think it happened in Paris) and imagine if Nodame can debut w/ the Vienna Philharmonic (although that would incur the additional cost of hiring the real Vienna Philharmonic (whose concertmaster (concertmistress as of 3/10) and players are well known) which may or may not be possible)...

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Jun 27th, '10, 10:29

^ thanks everyone for sharing those caps~~~~~ <3 <3 <3

Apparently everyone in the set admiring Tamaki, rite? Well, seems like Tamaki=Chiaki~~~~
I love to read that the director thinks he was more like conducting instead of acting~~~~ I think that's the best thing that an actor can do~~~ And I do feel the difference between his conducting in the 2006 drama with in the movie.... and I even cannot describe how I love his hand movement in that Tchaikovsky 1812!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: there's something really charming with Chiaki's gesture and hand movement~~~ I've been repeated that part like thousand times LOL :D (that mars part~~~~~)
So that Kuroki's person can really play oboe~~~~ I knew it!! Somehow I can feel it~~~ LOL :P

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 28th, '10, 21:37

Questions for the manga readers:

1. Was there suppose to be a story between Nodame drama 2006 last episode and Nodame Europe SP1 2008? Like perhaps when Nodame had to go to Conservatoire Paris to take the entrance exam where she met Frank for the first time? Coz in the Europe SP, suddenly Nodame and Frank knew each other already, I felt like there was a missing gap. Just thinking that perhaps Nodame and Frank's first met was shown in the manga?

2. Did Chiaki in the manga suddenly forget his dream to meet Vieira-sensei just like in the live-action version? Just wondering whatever happen to that? In the 2006 drama, Chiaki seem so eager to meet his beloved Vieira-sensei, until Oliver kidnapped him in the Europe SP, suddenly it was never mentioned anymore. So Chiaki didn't get to meet Vieira-sensei in the end, anyway?

On a side note, SARS has finished translating the additional scenes in the theatrical version!^^ Maybe they'll release it very soon.

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Jun 28th, '10, 23:11

^ 1) yes, Nodame and Frank knew each other already... They met in the Concervatoire entrance exam~~~~ there's a lil' short story there about Nodame's entrance test and how she eventually get in~~~ LOL and how she live in Chiaki's house with his family for a couple of months before they fly to Europe.... and how Nodame has a good relation with Chiaki's family (his mother, his cousins, his uncle) :D

2) I think Chiaki never forget Viera~~~~ It's just he's been busy with Marlet stuff.... At the volume 18, lesson 108, after he and Nodame 'separate' apartment and after he did a piano concerto with Rui, when he suppose to attend Nodame's recital, he didn;t attend it because on his way to go there, he met Viera sensei in a bus and finally the long awaited reunion happen~~~ LOL and he actually do some works with Viera after that in Italy together with Jean~~~~ And Viera also know about Nodame-Chiaki conflict in the few last lessons of the manga (when Chaiki looks so depress coz Nodame left him LOL)~~~~~ He's also the link between Chiaki Shinichi and his dad~~~~ :D

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 28th, '10, 23:25

yanie wrote:On a side note, SARS has finished translating the additional scenes in the theatrical version!^^ Maybe they'll release it very soon.
Additional scenes? :scratch:

You mean the scenes that were removed for the TV broadcast or the deleted scenes that are on disc 2 of the DVD release? :sweat:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 28th, '10, 23:42

bmwracer wrote:Additional scenes? :scratch:

You mean the scenes that were removed for the TV broadcast or the deleted scenes that are on disc 2 of the DVD release? :sweat:
I meant the removed ones in the TV version :D The SARS translator in twitter mentioned it as "additional scenes" so I mentioned it the same way without realizing it^^

delaciel, thank you for the answers!!^v^ But why must Nodame lived in Chiaki's house before they went to Europe? What happened with their apartements?

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Jun 29th, '10, 00:25

^ aaaah, as far as I remember that's because after entrance exam Nodame think that it would be a waste of money if she still pay for the apartment because they (Nodame and Chiaki) soon will leave to Paris~~~~ So both of them stay in Chiaki's family house~~~ LOL I love the fact that Chiaki's mother love her and think that Nodame is chiaki's angel~~~~ :D

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 29th, '10, 02:07

delaciel wrote:^ aaaah, as far as I remember that's because after entrance exam Nodame think that it would be a waste of money if she still pay for the apartment because they (Nodame and Chiaki) soon will leave to Paris~~~~ So both of them stay in Chiaki's family house~~~ LOL I love the fact that Chiaki's mother love her and think that Nodame is chiaki's angel~~~~ :D
LOL. It sounded like they're practically married, with the economic calculation and all :lol Aww I wish Chiaki's family besides his mother shown in the live-action naa...

thanks, delaciel!!
Last edited by yanie on Jun 29th, '10, 05:27, edited 1 time in total.

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Jun 29th, '10, 04:47

^ LOL yeah, in the manga, sometimes they really looks like a married couple~~~ XDDDD
Yes!!! I wish I can see more of Chiaki's family~~~ Especially his uncle~~~ there's this one moment when his uncle heard about Nodame's debut and he kinda' streamed the Nodame's debut video online in the middle of company meeting~~~~ and the cute moment / meeting between Chiaki's mother and Nodame~~~ soooo cuuute~~~~ XDDDD

ps: aaaah, I kinda' out of topic by talking about the manga version now~~~~ ;p

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 30th, '10, 15:58

just watched the Final Movement Part 1
Overall, it wasn't as entertaining as I'd hoped, so little Nodame, lots of Chiaki and too much Stressman story that took up almost the whole of Part 1. The funny scenes aren't memorable as well, but I really liked the scene where Nodame was too delighted about the thought of being asked by Chiaki to play celesta (the scene where she was jumping and dancing with the animated animals was classic :lol loved it so much.

Another disappointment is the fact that they don't have "eita" in there. The next part should be more interesting as chiaki is more concerned with Nodame. Can't wait for the next part.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 30th, '10, 16:22

avieamber wrote:just watched the Final Movement Part 1
Overall, it wasn't as entertaining as I'd hoped, so little Nodame, lots of Chiaki and too much Stressman story that took up almost the whole of Part 1. The funny scenes aren't memorable as well, but I really liked the scene where Nodame was too delighted about the thought of being asked by Chiaki to play celesta (the scene where she was jumping and dancing with the animated animals was classic :lol loved it so much.

Another disappointment is the fact that they don't have "eita" in there. The next part should be more interesting as chiaki is more concerned with Nodame. Can't wait for the next part.
You need to watch the theatrical/DVD release version: less Stresemann.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 30th, '10, 16:29

bmwracer wrote:

really? then I'll get the DVD when I go shopping soon. thanks for the info. :D Is the second part out by the way? *i haven't had the time to catch up*

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 30th, '10, 17:17

avieamber wrote:
bmwracer wrote:

really? then I'll get the DVD when I go shopping soon. thanks for the info. :D
Or just wait for SARS to release their version with English subtitles (soon). :)
Is the second part out by the way? *i haven't had the time to catch up*
No... Movie 2 probably won't show up until Fall/winter 2010.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 30th, '10, 23:06

bmwracer wrote:

Yeah, the theatrical version: less Stresemann, has Nodame/Chiaki's crucial scenes, has Eita's appearance.

avieamber, the TV version you just watched has really terrible editing, and really took out the essence of the story.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 1st, '10, 00:16

yanie wrote:avieamber, the TV version you just watched has really terrible editing, and really took out the essence of the story.
Totally.

Ruined the flow of the entire story... It also made it seem like Stresemann was manipulating both Nodame's and Chiaki's lives... Completely out of context from the manga/anime. :pale:

aility

Post by aility » Jul 1st, '10, 08:28

bmwracer wrote:
yanie wrote:avieamber, the TV version you just watched has really terrible editing, and really took out the essence of the story.
Totally.

Ruined the flow of the entire story... It also made it seem like Stresemann was manipulating both Nodame's and Chiaki's lives... Completely out of context from the manga/anime. :pale:
All, that made so much more sense. I didnt quite enjoy the part 1 as much as expected, though there were some highlights.

By the way, how is the anime compared to the live action? Better?!!! Or should I just read the manga? :D

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Jul 1st, '10, 09:17

^ Urmn, I haven't watch the anime version~~~ But if you like reading a manga, then you should read the manga because Chiaki-Nodame relationship development feels more detail and natural for me. There are many small scene between the two which not shown in the live action~~~~ But, then again the manga is lack of music touch LOL because it's like watching a movie without sound~~~~ :mrgreen:

And yes... people should watch the dvd version instead the tv version~~~~ Especially, because the opening part (symphony 7) is so great to be missed :D

shinqtaro

Post by shinqtaro » Jul 1st, '10, 13:22

IMO, the anime for the Finale is the best of the series, both musically and plot-wise. Yes, it did cut out a character at the end for pacing purposes, but as someone as already mentioned it showed Nodame's musical growth and relationship w/ Chiaki much more naturally. Of course the Tokyo chapter is also interesting plot-wise, but the pacing in the anime is a mess and the drama cuts out a lot of interesting music.
From the movie, it looks like they're going to insert a concour for Kyora (sp?) in Paris (sorry but I cringe everytime I see her plays the violin), which I don't think was in the anime or manga either, so there will be a gang reunion in Paris. From the drama series pov, I guess there's nothing wrong w/ that to wrap up the series; but I just hope they don't delete any important events in the finale as to disrupt the flow. The finale of the anime/manga as they are right now are perfect (it's afterall about Nodame's growth), all IMHO of course.
Last edited by shinqtaro on Jul 1st, '10, 18:35, edited 2 times in total.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 1st, '10, 13:24

aility wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
Totally.

All, that made so much more sense. I didnt quite enjoy the part 1 as much as expected, though there were some highlights.

By the way, how is the anime compared to the live action? Better?!!! Or should I just read the manga? :D
The anime is worth checking out... The voice acting is excellent as are the musical pieces. :thumright:

aility

Post by aility » Jul 1st, '10, 13:41

Soo, sorry for my ignorance. but the manga is finished? Meaning the anime somewhat follows the manga and we get an ending? There are so many live shows that is made though the manga isnt finished, and I find that annoying...

Will definitely check out the anime. Arigato gosaimas! :salut:

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Jul 1st, '10, 14:36

^ Well, the manga is finished in vol 23, but there will be 2 volumes of extra manga which called Nodame Cantabile Opera Hen.... IDK about the anime though~~~~

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 1st, '10, 14:48

delaciel wrote:^ Well, the manga is finished in vol 23, but there will be 2 volumes of extra manga which called Nodame Cantabile Opera Hen.... IDK about the anime though~~~~
There will be an anime version of Opera Hen. :thumright: