Toshiie & Matsu - General Discussion (History/Facts/Fict

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Toshiie & Matsu - General Discussion (History/Facts/Fict

Post by techie » Dec 8th, '05, 09:24

Seeing that from all the posts I have found over the past few years about this dorama, I must say it's surprising there has not been a joined post or thread for all of the topics surrounding it.

As a little bit of my personal take on this dorama, I must say it's a star struck, fantastic show that should not be misse dif you're really into the history of Japan, and it's many battles, political issues and turns.

Even so, the acting, fictional parts (which ever they may be) and so on, are so intruiging I found myself watching 16 episodes in a row on a Saturday a few years back.

Needless to say, this was the first dorama of them all I was ever introduced to, that got me hooked on coming in here, on the nntp and time after time looking for more resources, and subsequently buying some doramas of the web.

By pure chance I stumbled on a web site tonight, simply typing in Toyotomi in Google, and this came up...

http://uk.geocities.com/rainforestwind/toyotomi.htm

It is a wide selection of images, maps, real letters, transcripts and writings about all of the lead characters, from Maeda Toshiie, Hideyoshi (Saru), Oda Nobunaga and Ieyasu to all their chief captains and more.

A splendid resource for anyone who wants to find out "What really happend" or get your answers to the "No way, how did that happen?"

Anyway, regardless of your interest in this show, now we have a discussion thread for it as well.

Enough said from my side for now.

machao13

Post by machao13 » Oct 12th, '06, 17:03

One of my fav taiga drama, and i think it's much better than Yoshitsune. But i was wondering why yoshitsune is more popular than Toshiie and Matsu. Maybe takky's factor is one of the many reasons. Anyway i dunno if this thread is still alive or not, i wanna ask, how many concubines does Toshiie have in this drama?( i havent watched from ep9 up cuz there's no one who wants to reseed this drama so i'm stucked now...) :cry:

quandary

Post by quandary » Apr 9th, '09, 13:58

Kagawa Teruyuki's performance as Hideyoshi stole the whole thing, IMO. Absolutely brilliant and worth watching for that alone. Matsushima Nanako was so elegant, at times I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Sorimachi Takashi was sensational as Nobunaga, played with a bit more humanity and humor than other dramas I've seen about him. A classic story, great performances, a definite must not miss.

aimlesswanderer

Post by aimlesswanderer » Apr 16th, '09, 12:37

It is a long series but quite interesting and informative (though confusing sometimes).

When my brother and I went to Japan I made sure we went to Kanazawa. Saw the castle, the beautiful gardens and the Maeda family shrine. In one store there was even a Toshiie and Matsu poster, which I just had to take a photo of. There can't be many series in which Kanazawa gets even a mention.