[Discussion] Death Note

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
sambart

[Discussion] Death Note

Post by sambart » Jul 6th, '15, 22:59

Holy crap, WHY is no one discussing this?! It was AMAZING!!!

Title: デスノート
Title (English): Death Note
Format: Renzoku
Genre: Crime, sci-fi, suspense
Episodes: TBD
Broadcast network: NTV
Broadcast period: 2015-Jul-05 start
Air time: Sunday 22:30

Episode 1 (my reactions and thoughts as I watched the episode):
Don't like Misa -_- but never did anyway.
First victim is a classmate eh...
Mother is dead in this version hmm...
I love how much more of a concious this Light has. In the manga he kinda killed one guy and then that was it, he went evil. But this Light seriously freaks out and feels awful about killing people! =]
His reaction when Ryuk turned up was AMAZING!
O wow Light even tries to get rid of it in this version! OMG AND COMMIT SUICIDE?!?!? WAH?!
Kubota's acting is ON POINT seriously.
I don't think I like this Ryuk. I love Anime/Manga/Film Ryuk.
Oh **** hell, an American -_- trying to put on a British accent while pretending to be in England, f*** off. Japan still hasn't learnt have they when it comes to English and English speaking actors.
Watari's English was SPOT ON though <3
L IS HERE!!!
Ah okay I like Ryuk now, he's got rid of his overly dark person. and is now back to normal carefree, joking Ryuk <3
OOoo Light's changing!
Noticed Kubota's moles in this episode too so I couldn't stop looking at his neck the entire episode. So sexy xD *dies*
Yamazaki Kento's leg hair is so light!! o_O
OMG Kobuta's acting is seriously perfection!
They spelt 'Tailor' wrong -_- it annoys me that it's not spelt 'Taylor'
Couldn't help smiling when Yamazaki lifted up his hood. It begins!!!
Matsuda is the same as always <3 Entertaining!! <3
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THE TOP IS OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oooo Yamazaki is so sexy in this role!!!!!!!!!
I am loving the pen close ups so much too.
I actually **** myself when out of no where Watari spristed him with the cleaner! Was not expecting it!
DOES NEAR HAVE THE OTHER SHINIGAMI?!
Overall
OMG that first episode was hella amazing! I much appreciated the shirtlessness and omg did that ending suggested some shinigami-ness right?! o_O Holy crap. I am dying! I WANT MORE NOW!
Acting = Perfection
Music = worked amazingly
Plot = great set up, great character introductions!
Changes = did not bother me one bit and actually make it all the more interesting and exciting! I know this story back to front and it's great to now, all of a sudden, have to guess again as to how certain things will pan out because of what's been changed.
Characters = I've always loved L, Matsuda and Ryuk and it hasn't changed with this drama!

isla07

Re: [Discussion] Death Note

Post by isla07 » Jul 7th, '15, 03:08

I also personally liked what I saw in episode 1 of the series...

MASA did an AMAZING job...

Yamazaki Kento is giving his own stamp on L...

so :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

coolrain

Post by coolrain » Jul 7th, '15, 04:44

Does anyone know if we'll be getting subs for this?

Kyouki_

Post by Kyouki_ » Jul 7th, '15, 11:02

Even if they made some slight changes to the story I really enjoyed the episode. Everything from the acting to how the filmed the whole episode was better then what I was expecting, will continue to watch this drama for sure.

My only complaint is that the left out the whole "I'm justice" scene from when Light and L are "introduced" to each other. But who knows, perhaps it's yet to come :)

Ais

Post by Ais » Jul 7th, '15, 13:19

Good thing I'm not that of a minority that didn't cared much with all the Dragon Ball Super hype, but was pumped up with this Death Note JDrama haha

I also did liked most of the changes - Misamisa is now the center of an idol group which is a good change to go with current times. I've been bothered at her acting since Nube, but since Hinako is a gravure idol and as a straight guy who's also an idol wota, I don't care much anymore haha

L being somewhat a sadist and narcissist, too ikemenz and not being that weird is a fresh new take of the character. I have a hunch L's fresh new take of the character incorporated Mello's mannerisms - but I'm just guessing, so don't quote me for it :P L being a genius is much more apparent just by looking now, since he has that sense of confidence surrounding him, compared to the original weirdo look. Was honestly taken aback in the scene where it showed he was wearing a ring haha Too ikemenz and relatively fanservicey to fangirls haha

I also liked how naive and honest Matsuda Tota is just like in the manga haha Light's father's sense of justice, being a workaholic, putting his job first behind his family and his idealism to save lives, even if they're criminals, is also a good

As for Light's change - he has become too normal for me that it somewhat bothers me. Ugh. I honestly laughed so hard that he's an IchigoBERRY wota hahaha Masa's acting is really great that I want to punch the character for being too normal LOL I mean seriously, read the darn Note even if it's English - you can kill people other than heart attacks & in different times! Duh! You're being obvious dammit! That's why you also slipped & L already profiled you good & pinpointed where you are! And just by watching the 2nd ep preview, it vexes me that Light can't catch up to L's genius! I mean - what?! Already?! Fast! Hopefully, there would be great character development of Light to actually be a genius in the end.

My main complaint would probably be the CG of Ryuk haha His CG is the same as that of the movies - which was around a decade ago ROFLMAO I wish they hired some company who are used to those like Omnibus Japan or something ( but understandable that budget might not cut it ). Also, I'm a bit unsure if I like that Ryuk seemed supportive of Light to go and search who L is. Ryuk had always been selfish & only just wants to amuse himself how wacko humans are.

And yeah, dunno if Near has either multiple personality disorder, already has a Shinigami, s/he is talking to an alter ego or his/her puppet. But I have a hunch Near would be playing a pacifier of L to tone down L's sadistic tendencies. Or probably someone who will be neutral to the L vs Kira battle. I also like Near's liberal character change - but I kinda still miss him playing with many kids' toys, just like L's weird mannerisms ( but yeah, Mello was my fave in that school of Watari anyway )

If you're familiar with the original work, you might feel that ep1 seemed rush. But I honestly liked the pacing. I also liked how the changes adapted to the drama series that I really am like getting a fresh new title I can seriously can commit weekly ( just like the manga when it was still being serialized weekly (yeah, Obata fan since Hikaru no Go)).

By the way, if you also watched the pre-air special, Misamisa's Death Note will be totally different LOL And cool to know there will actually be a scene of L and Light playing tennis just like in the manga.
coolrain wrote:Does anyone know if we'll be getting subs for this?
If you meant Japanese subs, JPSubbers. If you meant English subs, Crunchyroll.

coolrain

Post by coolrain » Jul 8th, '15, 02:44

^
I meant Engsub, as in softsub so I can watch with the raw file.

ailahai

Post by ailahai » Jul 8th, '15, 03:26

coolrain wrote:^
I meant Engsub, as in softsub so I can watch with the raw file.
:whistling:

itoshinotegoshi

Post by itoshinotegoshi » Jul 8th, '15, 12:58

great!, definitely, I love this series, actors, story, music.. yeah ALL, can`t wait to watch the next episode, shall I say all episodes??? ep. 1 wa saikou deshita. :salut: :D

sambart

Post by sambart » Jul 10th, '15, 21:40

itoshinotegoshi wrote:great!, definitely, I love this series, actors, story, music.. yeah ALL, can`t wait to watch the next episode, shall I say all episodes??? ep. 1 wa saikou deshita. :salut: :D
I need all the episodes like yesterday!! xD Cannot wait for episode 2!!
Also, the dorama has put me in a HUGE Yamazaki Kento mood so I've been watching his stuff this week xD

sambart

Post by sambart » Jul 14th, '15, 19:21

WATCHED EPISODE 2!!!! I couldn't even wait for the Japanese subs to come out xD
I do love Ryuk xD
I REALLY like this more aware, more worrying, more lack of confidence Light.
Watari's face everytime L's shirt is ruined xDD
SHIRTLESS L IS HERE AGAIN!!!!!! <3
The pen close up is back <3
Haha Ryuk is blowing his hair >.<
"Chotto Damattero!" OMG I died. That was hilarious xD
I see how they're bringing Misa into this. Ryuk has told Light she's gunna die in 43 hours so obvs he's gunna save her and therefore she get's all that extra life span etc. Did this happen in the manga? ... O yeah it did! It just wasn't explained or specified nor did Light know it was gunna happen cos a Shinigami saved her instead.
Awww they followed their boss <3
This dorama has a nice balance of humour and seriousness.
Watari is SO cute!!
This is new... a KB being a 'main' character... he's rather cute...
Dancing Ryuk!! xD
HATE that Misa song already.
Okay so Near isn't with Rem but she hears Mello in her head? o_O
He's on the bus on his own, another change from the original, but also an improvement, no annoying girl in his way.
Light/Kubota's acting is spot on!
That bus scene was a major change! Nice... not as satisfying as the original but a nice change.
HE'S THE CRAZY ASS STALKER!
I couldn't not look at his split lip xD
So Misa did get Rem.
Rem actually sounds like a girl for once! She never sounded like one in the anime or movies and doesn't look like one!
WAAAAAH?!?!?!?!!? Raye Penber isn't dead?! HOLY **** WHAT A PLOT TWIST!!!

Overall Thoughts Once again, I am not disappointed! I loved the changes they brought it! It's all so exciting! Once again, blown away by Kubota's acting and how quickly he can change Light's personality and attitude depending on who he's with and where he is! Yamazaki is just <3 But I need more L seriously. Misa can seriously feck off though, already.

Ais

Post by Ais » Jul 16th, '15, 18:55

Just finished watching episode 2.

Really love the liberal changes. L's seems so sadist that he started to act somewhat like manga's Mello and Light combined, I love it haha I wonder what role Near will play in this version - though what did they do to my favourite character, Mello, here?!

So far, this is probably my favourite version of Misamisa as she has more depth in her backstory, not to mention she's really hot. (offtopic?) The actress is a gravure idol with F cup anyway so it should be expected she's hot. Though I kinda wish Ichigoberry is a much more big popular idol group, like at least that of MomoKuro level, not just an underground indie idol group. Misamisa is so successful in her career in the manga if I'm not mistaken. Can't get Ichigoberry's songs out of my head, but I like them anyway hahaha I LOL'd that wotas are so stereotype'd as always with bandanas and everything - like for crying out loud?! XD Misamisa was meant to be ditsy and be hated by many to be too naive and soon be seriously blinded with her love to Kira it's not practical anymore, so she more or less is doing a good job at it as it works.

I love how L stating the obvious that Matsuda Tota is a good-for-nothing hahaha I laughed so hard at that scene hahaha Tota's really naive and too pure XD;; I'm liking so far the original character not in the manga, though how she develops toward the story is still too early to tell.

The one who really shines here is definitely Light's character development. He lacks all the confidence I know of him and like L's got all of it. I also like that he actually cares for Misamisa. Though I kinda wish that there are scenes he protected her because he's also an Ichigoberry wota - but then again, he has her live footages in his room where Ryuk is enjoying hahaha As Ryuk puts it, he's really a human, a bit too human and too ordinary even. So what will you do now that L has cornered you, Light?

My only complaint is probably the unnecessary scene where I now get meh'd where L has to change his shirt. I can guess it's for female viewers, but again? Really? We bloody get it that you're too much of a narcissist now, okay? These scenes most of the time I wish L was again that weirdo in the original manga. (offtopic) Kinda like how GANTZ movies were suddenly catering to female audiences when it was originally a seinen manga full of sex scenes, gore and nudity, not a shoujo manga with fanservice to female audiences. But I guess, can't be blamed because the target audience now are wider when it was originally a shounen manga. Not to mention there are more female audience that will be watching in the first place. Gotta please fangirls as always X)

sambart

Post by sambart » Jul 17th, '15, 21:17

Ais wrote:My only complaint is probably the unnecessary scene where I now get meh'd where L has to change his shirt. I can guess it's for female viewers, but again? Really? We bloody get it that you're too much of a narcissist now, okay? These scenes most of the time I wish L was again that weirdo in the original manga. Gotta please fangirls as always X)
Loved reading your thoughts!! =]

Unfortunately, I think the 'L changing his shirt' is gunna be a regular, and unfortunately, I love it (But I am a huge Yamazaki fan <3)! xD
But you make a valid point! I hadn't even realised L wasn't as weird in the dorama compared to him in the manga! I do hope we get to see his funny mask soon though. That's an iconic part of the manga!

itoshinotegoshi

Post by itoshinotegoshi » Jul 17th, '15, 22:22

nothing to complain, death note 2015 is doing well so far.[it`s my opinion....of course we have different...] I love ryuk scene while dancing hahaha, really cracked me off... L`s always changing polo shirt.. maybe because he always dirty his sleeve while drinking his fave drink. what made him weird or childish???and despite of his young age he used to watch old and [not?] so funny vids, he was really laughing but pretend not when watari approached him... lol!!! as usual light is doing his job so well and all the characters.. that`s all....

sambart

Post by sambart » Jul 18th, '15, 20:44

itoshinotegoshi wrote:nothing to complain, death note 2015 is doing well so far.[it`s my opinion....of course we have different...] I love ryuk scene while dancing hahaha, really cracked me off... L`s always changing polo shirt.. maybe because he always dirty his sleeve while drinking his fave drink. what made him weird or childish???and despite of his young age he used to watch old and [not?] so funny vids, he was really laughing but pretend not when watari approached him... lol!!! as usual light is doing his job so well and all the characters.. that`s all....
I loved Ryuk's dancing scene so much! I always loved Ryuk but this dorama could make him even more awesome!

I actually found the comedic videos funny too xD

Ais

Post by Ais » Jul 19th, '15, 02:24

sambart wrote:Unfortunately, I think the 'L changing his shirt' is gunna be a regular, and unfortunately, I love it (But I am a huge Yamazaki fan <3)! xD
I figured as much :P If it's not Yamazaki Kento and he is played some one unknown actor with average at best looks, I don't think you'll like those scenes that much :P I guess I can just hope that there would be shower scenes or implicitly naked scenes of Misamisa or Sayu to compensate X)
sambart wrote:But you make a valid point! I hadn't even realised L wasn't as weird in the dorama compared to him in the manga! I do hope we get to see his funny mask soon though. That's an iconic part of the manga!
He doesn't sit, crouch his back while standing, use his hand gestures when carrying things, nor thumbsuck like the original character in the manga. He also isn't speaking monotonously. No droopy eyes with very very wide eyebags. He's a completely different take on the character. But I like the change, because I like sadist characters haha
itoshinotegoshi wrote:and despite of his young age he used to watch old and [not?] so funny vids, he was really laughing but pretend not when watari approached him...
Actually, they are not old nor unfunny. The videos he's watching are real famous Japanese comedians doing their comedy sketches. But because it's comedy, meaning how funny it is will depend on the culture of the audience, so I'm thinking Watari doesn't get the comedy of it because of cultural differences. It's the same for me that I more or less don't find American stand up comedy funny. Episode 1 featured the owarai duo, Hige Danshaku. Episode 2 featured Hiroshi and Egashira 2:50. I'm a fan of Japanese variety shows (current favourite is Shabekuri 007 and I watch it weekly when there is an episode (dammit, currently 2 weeks are pre-empted - ack!)) so I recognize them :P

itoshinotegoshi

Post by itoshinotegoshi » Jul 19th, '15, 03:52

itoshinotegoshi wrote:and despite of his young age he used to watch old and [not?] so funny vids, he was really laughing but pretend not when watari approached him...
Actually, they are not old nor unfunny. The videos he's watching are real famous Japanese comedians doing their comedy sketches. But because it's comedy, meaning how funny it is will depend on the culture of the audience, so I'm thinking Watari doesn't get the comedy of it because of cultural differences. It's the same for me that I more or less don't find American stand up comedy funny. Episode 1 featured the owarai duo, Hige Danshaku. Episode 2 featured Hiroshi and Egashira 2:50. I'm a fan of Japanese variety shows (current favourite is Shabekuri 007 and I watch it weekly when there is an episode (dammit, currently 2 weeks are pre-empted - ack!)) so I recognize them :P
[/quote][/quote]

Thanks for the informations, I really need to rewatch the scene [comedic videos] that i almost ignored [ I just thought that it was his weird part lol!!] coz I was just staring at L`s back hahaha. can`t help.

itoshinotegoshi

Post by itoshinotegoshi » Jul 19th, '15, 04:00

sambart wrote:
itoshinotegoshi wrote:nothing to complain, death note 2015 is doing well so far.[it`s my opinion....of course we have different...] I love ryuk scene while dancing hahaha, really cracked me off... L`s always changing polo shirt.. maybe because he always dirty his sleeve while drinking his fave drink. what made him weird or childish???and despite of his young age he used to watch old and [not?] so funny vids, he was really laughing but pretend not when watari approached him... lol!!! as usual light is doing his job so well and all the characters.. that`s all....
I loved Ryuk's dancing scene so much! I always loved Ryuk but this dorama could make him even more awesome!

yeah, one of the sweet flavors of DN is Ryuk, yay! need to rewatch that scene, I did miss the comedic video [just staring@ L`s back hahaha. thanks for the information.

sambart

Post by sambart » Jul 19th, '15, 15:19

Ais wrote:I'm a fan of Japanese variety shows (current favourite is Shabekuri 007 and I watch it weekly when there is an episode (dammit, currently 2 weeks are pre-empted - ack!)) so I recognize them :P
I watch Shabekuri007 too! But not on a regular basis at the moment, although I'd love to be able to! For some reason I love the variety shows like Shabekuri and DownTown which are comedic shows done by 40+ year olds. For some reason I love their humour! xD
The other variety I watch are JE-Central: KisMyBUSAIKU (can be very funny), KisMyGame, KAT-TUN no Sekai Ichi Tame ni Naru Tabi (can also be very funny but isn't comedy central) and Shounen Premium.

sambart

Post by sambart » Jul 20th, '15, 18:41

Episode 3!
Oooo here it is!! The mystery of how 'Raye Pember' when to L yet didn't kill him and L knew Light was Kira has been playing on my mind all week!!!
Ahhh so L didn't know and is doing it to see how Light will react! 'Raye' just went there by coincidence.
OMG DON'T WRITE YOUR FATHER'S NAME! PLUS IT'D EXPOSE YOU COMPLETELY!
Oh shiiit he's seriously contemplating doing it?!
Nice we got to see through Rem's eyes.
So L phoned everyone...
I wonder why they included a woman in the Task Force... just for sake so no femists would go mental? Although she looks a lot like Raye's fiance Naomi from the manga so maybe instead of having her, they've created this Himura-san.
Watari is so small and cute!!!!
Awwww him and his father used to be great together!! Breaks my heart </3
I freaking love those pens in Japan!
His handwriting is NICE!
Oooo Light's slowly turning darkside.
Ryuk just said the same thing I did!
Oooo Light has blood type A?! So do I! No wonder I agree with using the Death Note if I had one xD
Watari seems to get more excited about his errands now xD
Can we just discuss how AMAZING Yamazaki's eyes are? Like I can understand he's probably protruding them more for the character but omg they are captivating and beautiful!
Ooooo Misa has the eyes!!
Light's just given himself RIGHT away there! He should be more cautious regardless of the amount of confidence he has!
His English is beautiful!
OMG L is shitting himself.
But L can hear!! That didn't happen in the manga or anime or movies!!! o_O
OMG Light found out!!
O shiiiiit! He didn't die!!! o_O
Bet Misa kills him instead.
Of course she did!
Ooooo L is pissed!!!
Misa seems less dumb in this version.
Yamazaki somehow looks even hotter mad and slightly dark xD
HOLY **** I NEED THE NEXT EPISODE SO BADLY! ALL THE FANFIC IDEAS ARE FLOWING IN! HOW NAKED ARE THEY?! *dies*

Non-Spoiler:
Once again another episode where I was guessing and still loving the changes! Especially now that we're starting to see a real change in Light's thoughts, personality and even the way he looks! Omg it's s juicy to see Light's transformation and it was also really great to be able to see L have more of an emotional scale going on. And once again, the acting blew me away! ^_^
But here comes my first negative: I don't see what the point of Near (and Mello) is at all. They're just like L's phonecall buddies! Do not see the point in them -_- therefore this better not end in L dying and Near swooping in at the last second to sort it all out! I will be severely pissed if that happens!
But yes, enjoying it lots and lots and holy **** the next episode is gunna have me fangirling so hard thanks to showing a snippet in the preview!! Final note: Jesus Yamazaki is killing me <3 so much sexyness!!

fallinlike

Post by fallinlike » Jul 24th, '15, 07:54

Ais wrote: By the way, if you also watched the pre-air special, Misamisa's Death Note will be totally different LOL And cool to know there will actually be a scene of L and Light playing tennis just like in the manga.

this was written a while back. how did you know?! so looking forward to L's college experience with Light. but i don't want him to die yet :pale: if he does. praying he does not.

fallinlike

Post by fallinlike » Jul 24th, '15, 07:59

btw, does anyone know of yamazaki kento's variety shows with eng sub? or any videos with eng subs. i just recently learned about him and omg, he is such a freakin cutie pie. been stalking him non stop. but no luck AT ALL with eng subs in his videos. if anyone knows and can provide me some links i would appreciate it greatly *bows*

Ais

Post by Ais » Jul 26th, '15, 01:46

I haven't watched episode 3 yet, nor any of my regular weeklies haha Busy suddenly with real life stuff, then when weekend came, swamped in preparing the releases in the group I mostly lead XD;; Might as well respond to some of the things that was addressed to me even though most are relatively offtopic haha

--------------

First, for this thread, Death Note, related parts XD

Just checked the ratings in Japan, and it's not really well received. Even though the adaptation is good, the 3rd episode really plummeted compared to the pilot episode. Oh well. Here's a translated 2ch matome thread regarding about it.
fallinlike wrote:this was written a while back. how did you know?!
I watched the pre-air special that aired before episode 1, unsubbed. Since Crunchyroll didn't sub the pre-air special, we already started working on it, along with the interview of Sano Hinako and Death Note JDrama cast at Weekly Playboy 2015-07-06 issue.
sambart wrote:But here comes my first negative: I don't see what the point of Near (and Mello) is at all. They're just like L's phonecall buddies! Do not see the point in them -_- therefore this better not end in L dying and Near swooping in at the last second to sort it all out! I will be severely pissed if that happens!
fallinlike wrote:so looking forward to L's college experience with Light. but i don't want him to die yet :pale: if he does. praying he does not.
I want L to die though, so that Near will be the new L just like in the manga. Maybe the real Mello will also appear by then and will eventually die too. I also want Light to die too in the end. Then Misamisa will commit suicide, just like in the manga. I don't know anymore if I'm a sadist or just a fan of the manga haha

--------------

Now for the :offtopic: parts haha
sambart wrote:I watch Shabekuri007 too! But not on a regular basis at the moment, although I'd love to be able to! For some reason I love the variety shows like Shabekuri and DownTown which are comedic shows done by 40+ year olds. For some reason I love their humour! xD
The other variety I watch are JE-Central: KisMyBUSAIKU (can be very funny), KisMyGame, KAT-TUN no Sekai Ichi Tame ni Naru Tabi (can also be very funny but isn't comedy central) and Shounen Premium.
Shabekuri 007 and shows done by the owarai duo, Downtown, even though they are hosted by 40+ years old is a given they have better humour compared to idols. Duh? They are hosted by comedians who are honed to make things funny on the spot. Unlike idols who are honed to do everything - sing, dance, host / MC, required to be narcissists, etc - so how funny their shows had always been a hit and miss. I remember the talks in Music Japan only got interesting and funny when Yusuke Santamaria was also appointed as a host together with Perfume. Talks tend to be stale before he was a host.

In the recent Shabekuri 007 episode dated 2015-07-06, Matsuyama Kenichi also brought that up in the show. He asked for advice from Shabekuri members how to adlib and still be funny. Just in case you don't know, Shabekuri 007 doesn't have script, the 7 member hosts doesn't have any idea who will be the guest, but they still make the show very funny. All the members are so good at adlibing. When my favourite member, Arita, said that they are just normally talking every time, Matsuyama asked "But you still respond fast in a way to make it funny?" Arita answered "Well, that's because I'm a genius" - Hahaha! So true ROFLMAO. ( Also LOL that Fukuda was scolded to study to be funny haha Fukuda really is the slowest among the Shabekuri members regarding adlibbing and I find him a bit boring member of the show :P). Here are screenshots with Japanese captions from the episode. Welp, since it was pre-empted for 2 weeks, looking forward for tomorrow's episode haha

For JE-central'd shows, I used to watch VS Arashi weekly, but because it's a game variety show, it was repetitive. I liked Arashi ni Shiagare in its older format because it was based on Shabekuri 007 (Shabekuri 007 was themed as James Bond, while the old Arashi ni Shiagare was based on Lupin III). It's understandable you're a girl, so you tend to watch shows hosted by J&A idols.

Since I'm a guy, of course, I will more or less check female hosted variety shows. More than a decade ago or so, Hello!Project's staple variety show, Hello!Morning and HaroMoni@ was a weekly thing - but I'll be honest that not most of it are funny. Some are interesting, some are boring. Hello!Project & Up-Front Agency's current regular shows (The Girls Live, Hello!Station, Green Room, Music+) are mostly not funny as they're more like documentary type now haha Darn, I really miss Utaban where most of the episodes had Hello!Project idols as guests and whenever Morning Musume were guests, the ratings were high. As they are old variety shows, now it really shows I'm a jicchan haha

As for 48 family shows - I only tend to watch AKBingo when they are only subbed, but still do not watch most of it. The hosts, Bad Boys, are funny enough for me, but how interesting or funny an episode really varies. By the way, most 48g's variety shows tend to be seasonal and depends on how successful the show in the season will they only be renewed. Among shows from 48 family, the only show I watch religiously whenever subs are released are from SKE48 (SKE48 no Ebi-Friday Night, SKE48's Ebi-Sho, SKE48's Ebi-Calcio) since they are the most interesting, funniest and made quite an impression to me. And here I thought NMB48's variety shows (mostly NMB48 Geinin) would be more funny given they are Osaka-based (where most of the successful comedians are from). I really need to watch Nogibingo as I read good reviews about it. But I'm really turned off by the perverted host :P Not to mention most groups in non-Japan based fandoms of female idols tend to be much more lenient and really help each other in their fansubbed releases, so they are much much easier to get, compared to most J&A based fandom.

There are other shows I plan to check out, mostly hosted by female idols of course. There's Momoiro Clover Z's Momoclochan, Rev.from DVL no Houkago, etc. But as always, they tend to be hit and miss so I don't know if I will eventually watch them. Not to mention I have quite a lot of fandoms I follow, and I'm mostly a DD wota. So I don't think I can be hardcore enough to watch a show religiously just because they are hosted by an idol group or idol I like.
fallinlike wrote:btw, does anyone know of yamazaki kento's variety shows with eng sub? or any videos with eng subs. i just recently learned about him and omg, he is such a freakin cutie pie. been stalking him non stop. but no luck AT ALL with eng subs in his videos. if anyone knows and can provide me some links i would appreciate it greatly *bows*
He's not an idol but an actor and model though. So I don't know if he's good in hosting or MC'ng. Checked his Japanese Wikipedia entry, he doesn't have any variety show. He only appears as guest in other variety shows.

Since I regularly watch Shabekuri 007, I watched his guesting there dated 2015-06-29. It's not subbed though - but might be subbed. Even though his segment is not listed in our planned projects of various variety show episodes, we might do it together with Yamazaki Kento PH. Besides, I personally am just interested with subbing more titles from Shabekuri 007 and find Yamazaki Kento's guesting there not that interesting compared to the episodes listed in that live list of variety show episodes or I'm just a heterosexual guy & still don't see him as a great actor to have a man-crush with. He's too typecasted as the kabedon prince whatever his role is. But since it's the first time for one of Yamazaki Kento PH admin who was tasked to help to fansub, I'm still guiding her how to do it can't really train one-on-one just like the old days because I get busier with other things. Only gave her the HQ raws, but she really haven't gave me any progress reports if she's done pre-timing. I find it funny that she thought we were going to sub Yamazaki Kento's guesting at Shabekuri 007 when she read about the mention of the show at our Death Note Pre-air extras release (around the streams of the PON! part), but we are actually planning on Atsugiri Jason's guesting which is much more interesting and funny haha

As for the already subbed guesting of his, we only subbed Death Note related where he was guest at PON!.

chaiyut.a

Post by chaiyut.a » Jun 3rd, '16, 13:06

Please tell me where I can download english fansub for 720p version. Thanks in advance.

funnysunny

Post by funnysunny » Jul 15th, '16, 13:33

sambart wrote:

me too!!!
totally agree with you! :thumleft: :thumright: :cheers: