Recommend J-Dramas (Ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
mayasuke

Genre specific recommendations?

Post by mayasuke » Oct 17th, '14, 06:22

Hi all.

We love watching dramas like Roosevelt Game, Hanzawa Naoki and Fumou Chitai.

What else do you recommend in this genre?

Your help greatly appreciated.

M :thumleft:

zenith777

Re: Genre specific recommendations?

Post by zenith777 » Oct 17th, '14, 07:07

mayasuke wrote:Hi all.

We love watching dramas like Roosevelt Game, Hanzawa Naoki and Fumou Chitai.

What else do you recommend in this genre?

Your help greatly appreciated.

M :thumleft:
Hmm, maybe you'd like to try Priceless :-)
Edit: or maybe Tokkan
NB: Next time you should post this in this existing topic http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_p1698467.htm

BaekSoo
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by BaekSoo » Oct 17th, '14, 08:36

I have merged to the existing topic. Thanks zenith777.

mayasuke

Post by mayasuke » Oct 17th, '14, 09:18

Sorry about that, new to the site.

Loved Priceless, will check out Tokkan.

Interested in what others have to say regarding more serious type dramas, generally with a business theme.

Thanks for your reply.

M

antspace

Post by antspace » Oct 17th, '14, 16:20

Interested in what others have to say regarding more serious type dramas, generally with a business theme.
Unmei no Hito! :thumright:

mayasuke

Post by mayasuke » Oct 17th, '14, 22:29

Looks perfect, thanks antspace. Too much to watch, worse problems to have. M

erikai

Post by erikai » Oct 18th, '14, 13:55

hi.

i loved Love Shuffle so much.

First class. Real Clothes, and Shitsuren Chocolatier are also nice. Oh i did NOT like Hotaru no Hikari.

Can someone recommend anything similar to those?

Any nice dramas with Nanao or Karina in it?

I like the "chick flick" kind and romantic comedies. Fashion and food-themed dramas are also nice.

zenith777

Post by zenith777 » Oct 18th, '14, 16:33

erikai wrote:...

I really like Love Shuffle & Shitsuren Chocolatier too!! :lol
Maybe I'd like to recommend (in order) :
1. Watashi ga Renai Dekinai Riyuu - Karina in it.
2. Summer Nude - Karina in it.
3. Hanawake no Yon Shimai
4. Kekkon Shinai
Well, for Nanao, she just started her career as actress on 2012, so her dramas are not much :sweat:

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Oct 18th, '14, 21:59

leader wrote:
Mwulf wrote:^--You have to watch TRICK. If you liked Jonathan Creek at all, or like mystery-type shows at all, you really, really, really have to watch TRICK.
That sounds pretty good to me. And, if I'm seeing correctly, there's quite a fair bit of it? Three series and some specials? Fingers crossed then, that'd keep me going for a while.
Yeah, there are three seasons, three specials, and four movies. It's my favorite (Japanese) drama of all time. The humor is just... fantastic. One thing to keep in mind is that the episodes are semi-serial. That is to say, each season is 4-5 different "arcs," of two or more episodes.

erikai

Post by erikai » Oct 19th, '14, 18:23

zenith777 wrote:
erikai wrote:...

I really like Love Shuffle & Shitsuren Chocolatier too!! :lol
Maybe I'd like to recommend (in order) :
1. Watashi ga Renai Dekinai Riyuu - Karina in it.
2. Summer Nude - Karina in it.
3. Hanawake no Yon Shimai
4. Kekkon Shinai
Well, for Nanao, she just started her career as actress on 2012, so her dramas are not much :sweat:
thank you for these. i had downloaded watashi ga renai dekinai riyuu awhile back but havent seen it. just realized i dont have the whole thing. i am downloading missing episodes (but sadly no seeders). will let you know how it goes. im excited. :-)

zenith777

Post by zenith777 » Oct 19th, '14, 18:48

erikai wrote:... i had downloaded watashi ga renai dekinai riyuu awhile back but havent seen it. just realized i dont have the whole thing. i am downloading missing episodes (but sadly no seeders). will let you know how it goes. im excited. :-)
Maybe you can try to download the missing episodes from Click Here.
1Fichier/Rapidgator link usuallly works :P

leader

Post by leader » Oct 23rd, '14, 23:45

antspace wrote:Off the wall suggestion: Atami no Sousakan ☺

Just wanted to pop back in and say thanks very much, again, for this suggestion. Just watched the first episode with my partner, who normally isn't a huge fan of Japanese tv unless it has pretty-boy superheroes dressed like kungfu bugmen. But I think the Twin Peaks kind of vibe the show gives off kept her attention.

The downside is, now she's into it, I can't just watch it at my own pace, I have to wait for her. So, onto TRICK now.

antspace

Post by antspace » Oct 24th, '14, 00:21

Heh! Thanks! It's a typical Satoshi Miki production, but also my favorite of his : )
Jikou Keisatsu is pretty cool as well though! 😎

kuchizuken

Post by kuchizuken » Oct 24th, '14, 02:05

I've recently only started watching J-Dramas again after almost a decade, but these are my favorites out of the ones I've seen:

(I guess you could say I like mystery dramas, and ones where you manipulate and outsmart people with logic. Lol.)
Galileo - recently just finished watching this (FINALLY), and apart from the scientific aspects of the drama, what made me enjoy it more were the interactions between Fukuyama and Shibasaki (her dialogues with Watanabe Ikkei cracked me up a lot, too, but maybe I'm just shallow. xD)
Liar Game - I thought this was just... genius, and I could somehow relate with the female lead.
Kurosagi - I watched this about 6 or 7 years ago, and I can still... remember Aikawa Sho's voice clearly. LOLOLOL.

Kisarazu Cat's Eye - at first I thought this drama was completely weird, because when I watched it, I guess you could say I wasn't mature enough to understand it, but looking back, I realized the strong bond of friendship the characters shared, and it made me a little envious. Haha.
Anego - I really just watched this because of Jin at first, but the story just became more interesting for me and my focus shifted to Ryoko. I came to understand a bit the kind of burdens she had to face.
Dance Drill - This gave me a lot of courage to do what I wanted, despite being ridiculed or discouraged. That's all I have to say haha.

(Yeah, most of them have actors from Johnny's Ent., but for the record, I didn't know Katori Shingo was in Galileo HAHA.)

-----

I keep seeing people recommend Trick, and I saw somewhere that Untouchable, Control, and Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo were pretty good, too. Hmm...

timetraveller

Post by timetraveller » Oct 24th, '14, 06:56

hello DADDICTS!!!! any suggestions for a romantic comedy????

MissB

Post by MissB » Oct 24th, '14, 08:14

my first and favourite Jdrama is Kono yo no Hate
I have never cried so much as I did watching that drama!

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Oct 24th, '14, 08:49

kuchizuken wrote:I keep seeing people recommend Trick, and I saw somewhere that Untouchable, Control, and Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo were pretty good, too. Hmm...
Galileo has a season 2. Control was a decent watch, but a bit predictable.

timetraveller wrote:hello DADDICTS!!!! any suggestions for a romantic comedy????
These are worth a watch:
Nodame Cantabile (not quite a rom-com, but super awesome)
Love Shuffle
Love Revolution
Long Vacation
Hotaru no Hikari

timetraveller

Post by timetraveller » Oct 24th, '14, 11:22

kitty10 wrote:
kuchizuken wrote:I keep seeing people recommend Trick, and I saw somewhere that Untouchable, Control, and Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo were pretty good, too. Hmm...
Galileo has a season 2. Control was a decent watch, but a bit predictable.

timetraveller wrote:hello DADDICTS!!!! any suggestions for a romantic comedy????
These are worth a watch:
Nodame Cantabile (not quite a rom-com, but super awesome)
Love Shuffle
Love Revolution
Long Vacation
Hotaru no Hikari

big thanks kitty10 :wub:

sybersnake

Post by sybersnake » Oct 24th, '14, 13:34

Shiroi Kage

zenith777

Post by zenith777 » Oct 24th, '14, 15:06

Hello timetraveller!
Hmm, you could try Shitsuren Chocolatier, it's 2014 drama and funny one :tv:
Also Love Shuffle as everyone recommended :lol

RetroHelix
Germany

Post by RetroHelix » Oct 25th, '14, 19:04

Hello everyone,

maybe someone requested something similar in the past but its not easy to search this thread. So I would like to request a romance drama. It must be a J-Dorama and I don't want to see anyone from Johnny's (SMAP is an exception) in it. It should not be comical (Nodame Cantabile would be way over the top) and not too dramatic (Not something like Sekai No Chuushin).

Something that fits between these would be great: Over Time, Long Vacation, Last Christmas, Konna Koi No Hanashi, Love Generation.

Thank you.

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Oct 25th, '14, 20:15

RetroHelix wrote:Hello everyone,

maybe someone requested something similar in the past but its not easy to search this thread. So I would like to request a romance drama. It must be a J-Dorama and I don't want to see anyone from Johnny's (SMAP is an exception) in it. It should not be comical (Nodame Cantabile would be way over the top) and not too dramatic (Not something like Sekai No Chuushin).

Something that fits between these would be great: Over Time, Long Vacation, Last Christmas, Konna Koi No Hanashi, Love Generation.

Thank you.
Nodame Cantabile is not really a rom-com.

That said, try Love Revolution, Koi no Chikara, Kekkon Dekinai Otoko and Kekkon Shinai.

For a straight-out romance which can get a bit heavy, try Itoshi Kimi e.

RetroHelix
Germany

Post by RetroHelix » Oct 25th, '14, 20:54

kitty10 wrote:
RetroHelix wrote:Hello everyone,

Thank you.
Nodame Cantabile is not really a rom-com.

That said, try Love Revolution, Koi no Chikara, Kekkon Dekinai Otoko and Kekkon Shinai.

For a straight-out romance which can get a bit heavy, try Itoshi Kimi e.
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Too bad I already saw all dramas you mentioned.
You are right about Nodame but I hope everyone gets what I mean.

antspace

Post by antspace » Oct 25th, '14, 21:06

Retrohelix, Q10 was romantic and surprisingly endearing. You have to step over Maeda Atsuko's lack of acting skills though :P

timetraveller

Post by timetraveller » Oct 26th, '14, 15:34

zenith777 wrote:
Hello timetraveller!
Hmm, you could try Shitsuren Chocolatier, it's 2014 drama and funny one :tv:
Also Love Shuffle as everyone recommended :lol
...Thank you zenith777 for your recommended JDorama, I really appreciate the reply.. :wub: would definitely look up these dorama's :salut:

RetroHelix
Germany

Post by RetroHelix » Nov 2nd, '14, 18:12

antspace wrote:Retrohelix, Q10 was romantic and surprisingly endearing. You have to step over Maeda Atsuko's lack of acting skills though :P
Thanks for the suggestion. Although I'm a bit skeptical Ill give it a try.

fanaticgurl
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fanaticgurl » Nov 9th, '14, 18:03

Hello guys!

Would you recommend your fave or best 2013-2014 Japanese dramas? Any genre will do but I prefer comedy, romance.... food/cooking. =)

Arigatou minna~~

tomzero
United States of America

Post by tomzero » Nov 10th, '14, 04:44

fanaticgurl wrote:Hello guys!

Would you recommend your fave or best 2013-2014 Japanese dramas? Any genre will do but I prefer comedy, romance.... food/cooking. =)

Arigatou minna~~
I recently finished Alice no Toge, which I thought was really good. It doesn't really fit in with your preferences though. Summer Nude is one of my favourites. I'd also recommend Shitsuren Choclatier and Coffee-ya no Hitobito.

fanaticgurl
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fanaticgurl » Nov 10th, '14, 20:31

tomzero wrote:
fanaticgurl wrote:Hello guys!

Arigatou minna~~

I recently finished Alice no Toge, which I thought was really good. It doesn't really fit in with your preferences though. Summer Nude is one of my favourites. I'd also recommend Shitsuren Choclatier and Coffee-ya no Hitobito.
Just like what I've said, any genre will do. =) I searched Alice no Toge and found out that it was a suspense drama. I do love suspense/crime dramas just like Bloody Monday, one of my faves!

Actually I'm currently watching Summer Nude and I'm on 7th ep already. Yamapi is sooo sexy on that drama. I also downloaded the shitsuren choclatier the other day but I haven't started watching it. Will try coffee-ya no hitobito too! Thanks for your help. ^^

shikedi

Help! Post Atsu Hime blues - What to watch next?

Post by shikedi » Nov 16th, '14, 21:11

Ok So, I've almost finished watching Atsu Hime.. As I type I'm up to Episode 45. Just 5 ep. before I complete the whole thing. Even though I have not completed it, I can honestly say that Atsu Hime is the greatest thing I've ever seen. I've laughed and cried over this show more than any other.

What should I watch next? I'm new to the world of J-drama and have no idea where to begin. The only other drama I've seen is Ryouma Den - which I loved.

Next, I want to throw myself into something of a similar calibre as Atsu hime, not necessarily another historical drama. I just want to see something that is well written and acted that I can fall in love with

Thank you for any suggestions :salut:

antspace

Post by antspace » Nov 16th, '14, 22:25

Atsu Hime is one of the very best drama's I've seen! Miyazaki Aoi is a really talented actor. She mainly does movies though. She's great in Loved Gun!

I'm rewatching Ashita no Kita Yoshio at the moment, and I would definitely recommend that! 8)

shikedi

Post by shikedi » Nov 16th, '14, 22:55

antspace wrote:Atsu Hime is one of the very best drama's I've seen! Miyazaki Aoi is a really talented actor. She mainly does movies though. She's great in Loved Gun!

I'm rewatching Ashita no Kita Yoshio at the moment, and I would definitely recommend that! 8)
Awesome! Thanks for your suggestion, antspace. I'm gonna check out Ashita no Kita Yoshio. I'll let you know what I think when I've seen it :D

keanurefresh

Post by keanurefresh » Nov 17th, '14, 04:59

Hi guys, can someone recommend me J-drama like Moteki,

The condition is something like this :
1. There are a lot of pretty girls
2. The guy got suddenly famous [at school / at office]

It doesnt have to be all two condition,
Either one is fine with me.

What I already watch :
Condition 1 : Lost Days
Condition 2 : 49 days

Zeldrias

Post by Zeldrias » Nov 17th, '14, 14:38

Hi,

I haven’t really caught up with Doramas in the last five years or so, but I miss them, so I’m looking for recommendations.

My favorites are Nobuta wo produce, Kamisama, mou sukoshi dake and Hotaru no Hikari.
I’ve also really enjoyed Orange Days, Last Friends and even “sillier” ones like Mop Girl or Binbou Danshi.

So anything I might have missed, no matter when it was released, but if it has been made after like 2009 I probably don’t know it.

Will be glad about any suggestions.

Thanks!

edit: It doesn't matter if subs are available.

lilmanjs

Post by lilmanjs » Nov 22nd, '14, 05:51

Midnight Bakery show was fantastic. One of the few dramas I've watched more than once. for the poster above me.
As for me, I'm really trying to get into the 1990s dramas. I've seen Kings Restaurant, For You and Beach Boys as far as stuff from the 90s goes. I'm really up for just about anything these days when it comes to the 90s. It seemed to be like a totally different style of J-Dramas.

erikai

Post by erikai » Nov 29th, '14, 10:34

I just found my favorite Jdrama-- Love Revolution. This has to be, by far, the most romantic dorama I have seen. Can someone recommend something similar?

I am currently watching Koi no Chikara. But I really don't like it. I don't see romance in it. Except for the last few episodes I think. And, "musical score" was really bad. Extremely annoyed with the music; it also has unnecessary sound effects like the sound of a siren, etc.

Watashi ga Renai Dekinai Riyuu - was not that great. But I liked Karina. :)

currently downloading the other suggestions but if someone can recommend something like love revolution, it will be really great. Thank you.

Ziza_prvni

Japanese drama about bullying

Post by Ziza_prvni » Feb 25th, '15, 14:47

Hi!

This year I'm going to write dissertation about Image of bullying at high schools in Japanese dramas which were airing after year 2000. Can I ask you for a little help? I found some dramas where students or teachers were bullied but I doubt that's all of them. So can you recommend or suggest me some japanese drama where bullying at high school was involved? It can be theme of whole drama or just one episode. And genre can be whatever you think of - drama, comedy, romantic etc. :-)

This is my current list: LIFE, Hana yori dango, Yankee bokou ni kaeru, 35sai no koukousei, Gakkou no kaidan, Kazoku Game, GTO, Kingyo Club

Thanks mate for your help! I really appreciate it! :thumright:

zenith777

Re: Japanese drama about bulling

Post by zenith777 » Feb 25th, '15, 15:59

I think, 35-sai no Koukousei is the most suitable one :P
Another recommendation might be Gokusen
This time, the "bullying" happened from student towards teacher
First Season : The story of a young, idealistic teacher who enters Shirokin Gakuen with hopes of making a difference in the students' lives. However, Yamaguchi Kumiko (Nakama Yukie) is in for a rude awakening when she finds that she will be the homeroom teacher of 3-D, the hardest class to maintain in the school. The students have multi-colored hair, sloppy uniforms, and show absolutely no respect to her. The leader of the class, Sawada Shin is lazy but bright and shows some interest in Yamaguchi when he notices that she is very different from other teachers. The students try to bully her to make her quit, but their attempts don't get them very far.

What the class and the rest of the school does not know is that Yamaguchi Kumiko is actually the 4th generation heir to the Ooedo Group, a notorious yakuza clan. Even though her family would like her to take the title of Ojou when her grandfather dies, they have accepted the fact that Yamaguchi would rather be a teacher.

Eventually, the students learn to respect their quirky teacher because of her devotion to them, and even give her a nickname: Yankumi.
Another one might be [Majisuka Gakuen, but it's much more about highschool fighting among clans, so I'm not sure this one would be appropriate :whistling:

forweg

Re: Japanese drama about bullying

Post by forweg » Feb 25th, '15, 16:53

Definitely Life.

whiteadamas

Post by whiteadamas » Feb 25th, '15, 18:53

3 nen B gumi Kinpachi Sensei 6
Jigoku shoujo
Last edited by whiteadamas on Feb 26th, '15, 05:47, edited 1 time in total.

BBOvenGuy
United States of America

Post by BBOvenGuy » Feb 26th, '15, 02:02

slassagne

Post by slassagne » Feb 26th, '15, 02:10

I second the recommendation of "Watashitachi no Kyokasho" - an excellent drama.

"Joou no Kyoushitsu" is also about bullying in a way (about a teacher's strategy to prevent it). It's just an outstanding drama, so worth seeing in any event.

Ziza_prvni

Post by Ziza_prvni » Feb 26th, '15, 06:24

Thanks for you recommendation! I guess I have to watch more high school dramas. :roll If you anybody have any new suggestion just let me know please. :-)
bluepanda21 wrote: I really want to recommend Blackboard ~Jidai to Tatakatta Kyōshi tachi~! / Burakkubōdo ~Jidai to Tatakatta Kyōshi tachi~! but it set in junior high. :-(
Maybe I can talk to my teacher and then I can use this drama, too. I watched it and it's really good, especially the part with Matsushima Nao - maybe that part will be good for my dissertation. :D

axeroth

Post by axeroth » Feb 26th, '15, 08:51

try Kazoku Game

renzoku
Malaysia

Post by renzoku » Feb 26th, '15, 09:43

fobdstn

Post by fobdstn » Mar 4th, '15, 07:44

The best show I have seen involving bullying is Ao to Shiro de Mizuiro. It accomplishes in a single episode what all these other series attempt to do in multiple episodes. (And it does it so much more effectively)

I don't believe the show was ever posted on D-Addicts, but it is available on Bitsnoop. If you need me to seed then PM me.

vinalovessushi

Re: RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE JDRAMAS (ask for suggestions here)

Post by vinalovessushi » Mar 5th, '15, 09:29

i highly recommend the drama N no Tame ni ;)

mouretsu

Recommend me J-dramas!

Post by mouretsu » Mar 8th, '15, 04:26

Hi, if you can recommend me J-dramas to some of my favorites:

Nagareboshi (seen this many times, love the music, love the characters, awesome acting, great story, twists!)

Taiyou no Uta (love the music, nice set of small comedy, acting was semi-good,... love the music again!! lol)

Uhm ... I'm not into comedy, I want something serious. Keep it family-related, drama or/and romance please! Thank you :D

UsagiYojimbo
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber
Hungary

Re: Recommend me J-dramas!

Post by UsagiYojimbo » Mar 8th, '15, 05:44

My recommendations:
  • One of my favs is Home Drama. It is about how a group of strangers get to live in a house, like they were family...
  • Another on could be Kimi no Te..., however it is not really a dorama, but several TV-movies. The story is about a deaf girl's struggles.
  • Ai no Uta (The one with no exclamation mark...)
  • My Girl and Oh! My Girl!! are basically the same story: single man suddenly gets to live with a little girl. (Similar to the anime "Bunny Drop"...)

ocha_suki

Post by ocha_suki » Mar 8th, '15, 06:10

i don't know if my taste of "serious" drama suits you, but below are some of my fave:
- Kareinaru Ichizoku
- Hayami-san to Yobareru Hi
- Othros no Inu
- Maou
- Hanawake no Yon Shimai
- Freeter, Ie wo Kau
- Ryusei no Kizuna
- Last Friends

not really sure about romance because romance theme itself *+without comedy* is kinda rare in j-dramas, but maybe you could check below:
- zenkai girl
- zettai kareshi
- ohitorisama
- Gomen ne Seishun!

or perhaps you want to follow current airing dramas like "Date ~ Koito wa Donnamono Kashira" or "Second Love"?

VampireXxX

Post by VampireXxX » Mar 8th, '15, 06:20

Serious dorama and romance?

My all time favorite dorama...Orange Days :wub:

mouretsu

Post by mouretsu » Mar 8th, '15, 06:58

So sorry forgot to mention this!

I'd like them to be current, like 2009 and onwards (I like newer shows). But thank you all for the time you put in! Any more would be appreciated, I'll be doing some research until I find 'teh one!!1'. :P

--

Okay so far that I'm interested in ... nevermind there are a good couple of them!

I can't seem to find this -- Your Hands are Whispering / Kimi No Te Ga Sasayaite Iru

--

I saw 'My Girl' and it had some really bad acting ;/ ... I like the directing of Nagareboshi, the acting was one of the best too. @_@ ... I saw a lot of stuff but I don't remember so much of them, I got one HDD filled with terabytes of J-stuffs, I saw like 80% of them ... but I haven't watched any for like 3 years or so and I have a bad memory of stuffs.

--

Iki mo Dekinai Natsu is another one I found. So turns out that Miyamoto Rieko is my favorite director! He did Nagareboshi - Soredemo, Ikite Yuku. I saw his recent works, at least one of them and it was pretty good. But I liked those two a lot. And she's the daughter of Yamada Taichi who also did some really good shows, one of them is Arifureta Kiseki.

UsagiYojimbo
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber
Hungary

Post by UsagiYojimbo » Mar 8th, '15, 17:31

mouretsu wrote:I can't seem to find this -- Your Hands are Whispering / Kimi No Te Ga Sasayaite Iru
I do not remember, where i got it from...
You may download them from my FTP server.

mouretsu

Post by mouretsu » Mar 9th, '15, 08:49

Thanks! Man this is a really good show, but damn I recognize some of the actors and actresses and they were SO young back then ... wow!

Anymore shows? Please post! I want some serious ones, non-comedy please! Romance/drama.

ocha_suki

Post by ocha_suki » Mar 9th, '15, 09:14

suddenly i rewatched "Tatta Hitotsu no Koi" since my sister asked for it, and i think it's a romance-non-comedy drama,
but it was airing on 2006 tho :roll
or have you watched "Itsuka Hi no Ataru Basho de"?

toraroku
Great Britain

Post by toraroku » Mar 9th, '15, 18:30

There are so many great JDoramas! My favourites, off the top of my head are:

- Haikei Chichiue-sama
- Kaze no Garden
- Bara no nai Hanaya
- Aikurushi
- Hataraki Man
- Utahime
- Lunch no Joou
- Kekkon Dekinai Otoko
- Hotaru no Hikari
- Jin
- Around 40
- Going My Home
- Saigo Kara Nibanme no Koi
- Dousousei

Half the fun though is finding them yourself!

antspace

Post by antspace » Mar 9th, '15, 18:52

toraroku, I love your list! :thumright:
Hatsukoi (2012) is a pretty good serious dorama too.

UsagiYojimbo
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber
Hungary

Post by UsagiYojimbo » Mar 9th, '15, 22:58

mouretsu wrote:Anymore shows? Please post! I want some serious ones, non-comedy please! Romance/drama.

UsagiYojimbo
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber
Hungary

Post by UsagiYojimbo » Mar 9th, '15, 23:01

toraroku wrote:There are so many great JDoramas! My favourites, off the top of my head are:
Half the fun though is finding them yourself!
Many of them are more comedic, than drama, like "Kekkon Dekinai Otono" or "Saigo kara Nibanme no Koi"...
"Jin" is a time-slip / medical drama...

ching123

Post by ching123 » May 6th, '15, 18:28

need recommendations for "Very Funny" Dramas

so far the Funniest ive watched are
Ikemen desu ne
Kasuka no Kanojo
GTO 2012
Tenma san ga yuku
Switch GIrl 1
Yamada kun to 7
Shomuni 2013
Houkago wa Mystery Totomo ni

i want Funny dramas kinda on par with those ive mentioned especially Houkago wa Mystery Totomo ni << i want to watch other drama just like Houkago where in its just plain sillyness and fun
ive seen other comedy dramas but some lacked the punch to really make me laugh so hard like Ouran Host Club,Mei Chan,Itazura no kiss

hoping for replies :salut:

BoggoSonyeo

Post by BoggoSonyeo » May 18th, '15, 17:33

Can anyone suggest for me a good drama about 70s in Japan?

antspace

Post by antspace » May 18th, '15, 18:08

Yup! Unmei no Hito! (if you like a thriller about politics)

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » May 19th, '15, 00:29

Anything really good happen to air in the last 6 months or so?

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » May 19th, '15, 09:47

For me, its got to be DATE -koi to wa donna mono kashira- : http://asianwiki.com/Date_%28Japanese_Drama%29
It's like a sister drama to Saikou no Rikon.

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » May 19th, '15, 18:04

ching123 wrote:need recommendations for "Very Funny" Dramas

Ikemen desu ne
Kasuka no Kanojo
GTO 2012
Tenma san ga yuku
Switch GIrl 1
Yamada kun to 7
Shomuni 2013

i want Funny dramas kinda on par with those ive mentioned especially Houkago wa Mystery Totomo ni << i want to watch other drama just like Houkago where in its just plain sillyness and fun
ive seen other comedy dramas but some lacked the punch to really make me laugh so hard like Ouran Host Club,Mei Chan,Itazura no kiss

Both Nodame Cantabile and Hotaru no Hikari are very funny dramas. Love Shuffle is also pretty cool. If you liked GTO 2012, you might want to try the original GTO as well.

BoggoSonyeo

Post by BoggoSonyeo » May 20th, '15, 16:01

antspace wrote:Yup! Unmei no Hito! (if you like a thriller about politics)
This drama about 70s? Do you know any romance or school life about 70s teens in Japan?

ching123

Post by ching123 » May 20th, '15, 19:55

kitty10 wrote:
ching123 wrote:need recommendations for "Very Funny" Dramas

Ikemen desu ne
Kasuka no Kanojo
GTO 2012
Tenma san ga yuku
Switch GIrl 1
Yamada kun to 7
Shomuni 2013

Both Nodame Cantabile and Hotaru no Hikari are very funny dramas. Love Shuffle is also pretty cool. If you liked GTO 2012, you might want to try the original GTO as well.

thx for your recommendations , ill try those , original GTO i already watched it long ago cant remember it that much but imma rewatch it soon :salut:

antspace

Post by antspace » May 20th, '15, 21:22

BoggoSonyeo wrote:
This drama about 70s? Do you know any romance or school life about 70s teens in Japan?
yes, Unmei no Hito plays out in the 70s. It's pretty exciting!
Blue Blazes also plays in the 1970s, or early 1980s. It's about creators of manga and anime in college. Very mangaesque :P

BoggoSonyeo

Post by BoggoSonyeo » May 21st, '15, 17:52

antspace wrote:
BoggoSonyeo wrote:
yes, Unmei no Hito plays out in the 70s. It's pretty exciting!
Blue Blazes also plays in the 1970s, or early 1980s. It's about creators of manga and anime in college. Very mangaesque :P
Thanks you so much. Do you know any good student - teacher love affair drama?

zenith777

Post by zenith777 » May 26th, '15, 15:17

BoggoSonyeo wrote:... Do you know any good student - teacher love affair drama?
- Koukou Kyoushi (2003)
- Majo no Jouken (no eng sub yet)
- Himitsu no Kankei ~Sensei wa Doukyonin~ (no eng sub yet)
- Taisetsu na Koto wa Subete Kimi ga Oshiete Kureta (You Taught Me All the Precious Things)(soft eng sub not complete, but can watch on viki)
- Koishite Akuma (no eng sub yet)
Enjoy~

BoggoSonyeo

Post by BoggoSonyeo » May 26th, '15, 17:13

zenith777 wrote:
- Koukou Kyoushi (2003)
- Taisetsu na Koto wa Subete Kimi ga Oshiete Kureta (You Taught Me All the Precious Things)(soft eng sub not complete, but can watch on viki)
Enjoy~
Thanks but I have seen subs for Majo no Jouken in gooddrama

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » May 26th, '15, 17:59

BoggoSonyeo wrote:
zenith777 wrote:
- Koukou Kyoushi (2003)
Enjoy~
Thanks but I have seen subs for Majo no Jouken in gooddrama
Majo no Jouken by Nya Fansubs

Code: Select all

http://bitsnoop.com/search/all/majo+%5Bnya%5D/c/d/1/
Seed requests goes here

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Jun 1st, '15, 22:42

yanie wrote:For me, its got to be DATE -koi to wa donna mono kashira- : http://asianwiki.com/Date_%28Japanese_Drama%29
It's like a sister drama to Saikou no Rikon.
I'll check it out. It sounds (vaguely?) similar to Kekkon Dekinai Otoko (lit. the man who can't marry), which is one of my favorites.

JennySolln

Post by JennySolln » Jun 10th, '15, 16:42

Hi,
I am looking for jdramas about older woman / younger man. Not necessarily a biiig age diference, but something like "Kimi wa petto" or "Kyou wa kaisha yasumimasu ". on the romantic-comedy side.