RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE JDRAMAS (ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
nowh3r3

Re: RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE JDRAMAS (ask for suggestions here)

Postby nowh3r3 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:54 pm

kitty10 wrote:
nowh3r3 wrote:Can someone recommend me best quality dramas that would be either really funny or mystery/detective/suspense etc?
I haven't been able to watch dramas actively in about 4 years.. now I want to catch up :D So preferrably dramas that have aired after 2013 or so...

Funny detective stuff: Bitter Blood, Watashi no Kirai na Tantei

Serious detective/mystery: BORDER, Kageri Yuku Natsu, Yami no Bansosha, Cold Case, Long Goodbye

Humour: Fuben na Benriya, Neko Zamurai

If you want older drama recs, just buzz.

Thanks for your suggestions! Cold Case is actually one of the very few I have watched recently. But the others I will definitely look for!
I'm happy I already got this many recommendations, yay :D

in2sky

Postby in2sky » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:50 am

Any funny drama this Fall?
I know... it's been years since they dropped that genre but I might have missed something...

my favorite funny dramas are:

My Boss My Hero
Densha Otoko
Tokkyu Tanaka San Go
Kabe Onna Yama Onna

fairx

Postby fairx » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:07 pm

Hi guys and gurls

Its been a while since I'm back here at DA. (5 years I guess?)

I'm not up to speed with current Jdrama but wanted to find some laid back drama with particular traits.
I'm a fan of Screenwriter Kizara Izumi (http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Kizara_Izumi) and I watch all of her stuffs except Oyaji no Senaka. My favorite would be Suika, Nobuta wo Produce and Yuube no curry, Ashita no Pan.

So i'm looking for similar feel / type of drama which emphasize more on daily life and human connection imbued with some comedy.

the only drama that I watch recently having same kind of feels are Kahogo no Kahoko, so that's already in my watched list. I also enjoy both part of Koizumi's Saigo kara Nibanme no Koi series.

so pelase suggest me some more, especially the one that I missed i the past 5 years or so. Hopefully with completed sub if available. I might hunt for japan subs if its really good but untranslated.

Thank you very much

Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Keiko1981 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:42 pm

fairx wrote:Hi guys and gurls

Its been a while since I'm back here at DA. (5 years I guess?)

I'm not up to speed with current Jdrama but wanted to find some laid back drama with particular traits.
I'm a fan of Screenwriter Kizara Izumi (http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Kizara_Izumi) and I watch all of her stuffs except Oyaji no Senaka. My favorite would be Suika, Nobuta wo Produce and Yuube no curry, Ashita no Pan.

So i'm looking for similar feel / type of drama which emphasize more on daily life and human connection imbued with some comedy.

the only drama that I watch recently having same kind of feels are Kahogo no Kahoko, so that's already in my watched list. I also enjoy both part of Koizumi's Saigo kara Nibanme no Koi series.

so pelase suggest me some more, especially the one that I missed i the past 5 years or so. Hopefully with completed sub if available. I might hunt for japan subs if its really good but untranslated.

Thank you very much

Welcome back. The most recent drama Pensees, subbed by Skewed Studios. Can be found at Nyaa.
Gifted Ones | Twitter | UL @ Nyaa | MyDramaList.com
Subbing: Inochi, Kamisama..., Oshin, Seoul 1945
Where to find dramas & subtitles

bluchan

Postby bluchan » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:02 am

Currently I'm in awe with:

Repeat (2018) this drama is a mysterious thriller with more than a turn of screw. Very recomended. :thumright:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1795230#p1795230

Joshiteki Seikatsu (2018) life as a transgerder girl who likes girls. Not your average cursi thing, very clever and recomended too. And it's only 4 episodes! :thumleft:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1795222#p1795222

catstreet

Postby catstreet » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:56 pm

Hey everyone :)

I'm not overly new to jdramas as have watched some recently and in the past but am currently in a slump so am looking for some recommendations of dramas that might help me get out of that! I tend to get quite distracted if the story lulls or if it gets repetitive, and I'm not really into the following genres: detective/procedurals, medical, historical, western or sports

Drama genres I'm into: romance, school/youth, comedy, slice-of-life, mystery/thriller, friendship, psychological, manga
I especially love romantic dramas, friendship dramas, youth dramas or mystery thrillers!

Fave dramas: Ikebukuro West Gate Park, N no Tame Ni, Algernon Ni Hanataba O, Suki ga Hito ga Iru Koto, Hana Yori Dango, Nobuta Wo Produce

Other dramas I've seen and enjoyed: Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge, Long Love Letter, Orange Days, Bloody Monday, Kaitou Tantei Yamaneko, Stand Up!!

Actors I really like: Yamapi, Kento Yamazaki, Kubota Masataka, Kamenashi Kazuya, Miura Haruma, Miura Shohei, Sato Takeru, Nomura Shuhei, Kaku Kento, Sakaguchi Kentaro, Suda Masaki, Oguri Shun, Nagase Tomoya, Tsumabuki Satoshi, Kubozuka Yosuke, Sato Ryuta, Yamamoto Yusuke, Seto Koji

I hope someone has some recommendations that I'll really end up loving! Thank you!! :salut:

Jintetsu

Postby Jintetsu » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:55 am

Here's just a few of my alltime favorites, according to the genres you mention and actors you like. My favorite ones are written in bold :P
Some are pretty famous so you probably already watched them, but, just in case... :-)

Romantic drama: Itsuka Kono Koi wo Omoidashite Kitto Naite Shimau, Nigeru wa Haji da ga Yaku ni Tatsu, Tatta Hitotsu no Koi, Love Song, Rich man Poor Woman, Summer Nude, Tokyo Tarareba Musume, Koinaka, Kyou wa Kaisha Yasumimasu, Piece

School/Youth: My Boss My Hero, Yasuko to Kenji, 14sai no Hana, Seigi no Mikata, Koe Koi, Good Morning Call

Comedy: Hotaru no Hikari, Zenkai Girl, Attention Please, Watashi Kekkon Dekinai Janakute Shinain desu, Apoyan, Hito wa Mitame ga 100 Percent

Also, since you like mistery you could love (as much as I did, which means ten thousands tons of love :wub: ) Okitegami Kyoko no Biboroku (I always recommend this :lol )
And since you like Nobuta Wo produce, you could give a try watching Q10, that's a mix between school/youth/romance/scifi

Hope it helps :thumright:

catstreet

Postby catstreet » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:13 pm

Ah, thank you! :wub: There were a few here that I actually hadn't come across before so I'm looking forward to checking them out! Q10 looks like something I'd enjoy! As does Summer Nude (which reminds me very much of Suki na Hito ga Iru Koto! I've been meaning to watch a few of those mentioned too, especially classics like My Boss, My Hero! :thumright:

I also found a recent drama Kahogo no Kahoko, which looks like it'd be cute and fun!

Appreciate your suggestions, this will definitely give me some to keep me going for the time being haha. :salut:

am00339

Postby am00339 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:26 pm

Currently airing J-Dramas, recommendations please.

catstreet

Postby catstreet » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:54 pm

am00339 wrote:Currently airing J-Dramas, recommendations please.

I'm not sure about what genres you're into but currently I'm really enjoying Kuragehime and Todome no Kiss... however I'm also hearing good things about Repeat and Unnatural? :-)

yentsik

Postby yentsik » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:15 pm

Winter 2018
I'm currently enjoying Anone. I can't explain what it's about. It's very deep but I enjoyed it for a change. + Hirose Suzu is in it!

KAKERUGUI ~ the acting is a little bit crazy but it fits the story if you have watched the anime.

Fall 2017

ASHI GIRL IS ALSO GOOD

exoduze

Newbie Recommendations

Postby exoduze » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:53 am

Hey Guys!

The name is eXo. I'm new to this forum, obviously. I am also new to JDrama/KDrama in general. Got into it when i randomly saw Million Yen Women on netflix and just fell in love with the concept. Personally loved Nanami. Loved how forward her character is, i guess that makes it my thing.

I was wondering if you guys have any recommendations similar to the Million Yen Women or Harem RomComs?

Thank you!

sakara

Postby sakara » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:35 pm

I like very much Seigi no Se. I watched the first two episodes and I have been really impressed with Yoshitaka Yuriko, she's so cute and this drama fits her character like a glove, it's another great performance after Tokyo Tarareba Musume