United Kingdom D-Addicts

speak whatever language you like here.
wujou_mao

Post by wujou_mao » Jan 17th, '08, 06:04

sahansah wrote:Silkworms hmmmm sounds tasty XD
i've eaten alot worse or something alot differant
sahansah wrote: Yeah no alcohol or pork also meat which hasn't been cut islamically so if I do go to Asia its gonna be vegetarian and sea food :-( - Although I hear China has a significant muslim population so hopefully check that out.
by that do you mean a pray has to be said when its cut up etc? Malaysia, bottom of Thailand and some areas of Thailand have Muslim area. the larget of which is the borders surrounding Malaysia. Yes, China has a small area of Muslims, as does Singapore. but its very westernised.
sahansah wrote: I wanna go Japan one day it would be cool to check the place out, Korea seems like a good place too also Singapore he-he heard its like the cleanest city in the world and they have harsh littering fines? ~ I wann go there and drop litter XD - I'm so the anarchist 8)

juppie
Location: Le-Ciel, 1F,No.9 IS-Building, 1-13-6, Ebisu, Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan 150-0013

Post by juppie » Jan 17th, '08, 10:06

sahansah wrote:
I wanna go Japan one day it would be cool to check the place out, Korea seems like a good place too also Singapore he-he heard its like the cleanest city in the world and they have harsh littering fines? ~ I wann go there and drop litter XD - I'm so the anarchist 8)
There are some restaurants serving halal-food(or was it non-halal, i always mix them up = food suitable for the muslims) in tokyo ^^) and of course, a lot in Malaysia
I used to go to Singapore a lot, it's 4hrs drive from Malaysia, very clean country ^^), i did litter once, but it was at 2am, only once though hehe i dare not do it again or i might need to remand in singapore to do community service..
oh n jay-walking isnt allowed...I got stopped by a police offcer once for jay walking (/_\)
freezspirit wrote:Slightly a bit off topic, does anyone know where you can buy easy to use chopsticks for beginners
i saw this type in some chinese shops(in sunderland)

icepeanut

Post by icepeanut » Jan 17th, '08, 10:31

Special plastic chopsticks - joined at one end? Yeah, I've bought a couple from Selfridges London (£1.20) each (however, I seen them for 98p each in the sale but cant remember where in London). They are great for Learners - one becomes an advance choptick user after a few minutes, have fun! London Chinatown have great Chinese and Jap sushi restaurants at decent prices to cater for different tastes and budget. When I travel abroad, I usually miss London's culinary ( simple but tasty) after a few days. It's quite funny but I tend to lose weight when I'm in the Far East - too much of good/exotic/rich food made me yearning for simple ones! :D

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Jan 17th, '08, 10:40

wujou_mao wrote: i've eaten alot worse or something alot differant
What is the worse you have eaten? Was there anything you've eaten which at first you thought I can't eat this but ended up liking it?
wujou_mao wrote: by that do you mean a pray has to be said when its cut up etc? Malaysia, bottom of Thailand and some areas of Thailand have Muslim area. the larget of which is the borders surrounding Malaysia. Yes, China has a small area of Muslims, as does Singapore. but its very westernised.
Yeah a prayer has to be said. I wouldn't have thought Thailand to have a muslim population but now that you mention it it does border Malaysia.
juppie wrote:There are some restaurants serving halal-food(or was it non-halal, i always mix them up = food suitable for the muslims) in tokyo ^^) and of course, a lot in Malaysia
I used to go to Singapore a lot, it's 4hrs drive from Malaysia, very clean country ^^), i did litter once, but it was at 2am, only once though hehe i dare not do it again or i might need to remand in singapore to do community service..
oh n jay-walking isnt allowed...I got stopped by a police offcer once for jay walking (/_\)
Halal food is food suitable for Muslims and non-halal or haram food is not suitable for muslims.
Oh so there are places in Toyko to eat halal food? Would that be Japanese food or non-japanese food? Wouldn't have thought they would be any halal places in Japan. Thanks for the info :thumleft:

lol you rock :cheers: Littering! Beat me to it he-he. What did the policeman say when he caught you for Jay-walking? Did you just get a warning? Jaywalking I can't understand why they have such a law in countries seriously I can't see why it would be illegal to cross the road. Glad its not like that in Britain :-)

wujou_mao

Post by wujou_mao » Jan 17th, '08, 19:06

sahansah wrote:lol you rock :cheers: Littering! Beat me to it he-he. What did the policeman say when he caught you for Jay-walking? Did you just get a warning? Jaywalking I can't understand why they have such a law in countries seriously I can't see why it would be illegal to cross the road. Glad its not like that in Britain :-)
you shouldn't litter. its just pure downright lazy not taking away your rubbish. be proud of your country, not a litter bug. i have seen some terrible sights in Laos and Vietnam where everything is chucked out of the windows of cars and buses, trains. its not cleaver. its lack of consideration for the envoirment

there was a law in Singapore that stopped the sale of chewing gum cos the mess it left the pavning stones. think the ban has lifted but with smoking you won't find any butts on the floor and if you did, you'll be in the nick for a day

have you tried to cross the road in Malaysia? or jay walking as you call it. the cars WILL NOT stop. never, not even if the traffic is going at a gentle 5 MPH. they wont stop and you'll end up under the cars. my friend and i were in Johor Bahru and i walked half a KM to the bridge to cross the road and Shane nearly died cos the traffic wouldnt stop, even though there was a truck overtaking another car with another large vehicle coming the other way. he basically said STOP, put his hands out and hoped to god they slowed down while he legged it across the road. after that he used the footbridges :lol , no matter how far away they were

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Jan 18th, '08, 18:13

lol ~ I concur people shouldn't litter. I wish they would introduce stronger punishments for littering here. :roll I wasn't being serious when I said littering is cool (Its super cool 8) ~ jk)

LOL - That seems pretty scary :blink ~ I'm like that now I won't run across the road at all and wait for the green man even if there are no cars coming.

yeoflittlefaith

Post by yeoflittlefaith » Jan 18th, '08, 18:21

I'm in Nottingham! :cheers: It's a dump! :cheers: We get mugged! :cheers:

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Jan 18th, '08, 18:31

:lol Robin Hood and his merry men of thieves still in operation I take it...Thought he gave all that up years ago :roll ----> have some faith in the justice system, he will be caught he can't live in the forest for all his life (Deforestation has it uses don't it?)....I say bring in the sniffer dogs

wujou_mao

Post by wujou_mao » Jan 18th, '08, 19:43

sahansah wrote: LOL - That seems pretty scary :blink ~ I'm like that now I won't run across the road at all and wait for the green man even if there are no cars coming.
hell, :crazy: i'm not that bad, YET. but give it time. i have tried to use what i have leanrt overseas, but it depends of the country and traffic rules. prioity on pelican crossings when there is no one around still bugs me and i just wave my hand to let them pass while i cross, at a very large angle

juppie
Location: Le-Ciel, 1F,No.9 IS-Building, 1-13-6, Ebisu, Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan 150-0013

Post by juppie » Jan 20th, '08, 14:59

wujou_mao wrote: there was a law in Singapore that stopped the sale of chewing gum cos the mess it left the pavning stones. think the ban has lifted but with smoking you won't find any butts on the floor and if you did, you'll be in the nick for a day

have you tried to cross the road in Malaysia? or jay walking as you call it. the cars WILL NOT stop. never, not even if the traffic is going at a gentle 5 MPH. they wont stop and you'll end up under the cars. my friend and i were in Johor Bahru and i walked half a KM to the bridge to cross the road and Shane nearly died cos the traffic wouldnt stop, even though there was a truck overtaking another car with another large vehicle coming the other way. he basically said STOP, put his hands out and hoped to god they slowed down while he legged it across the road. after that he used the footbridges :lol , no matter how far away they were
stricit laws can be good sometimes, right ^^) they are allowed to buy chewing gums now, the dental ones, i usually bring boxes of chewing gums for my niichan(brother) when i visit him in singapore.

johor bahru is a crazy place + high crime rate too O.o, i never liked it there . Selangor-KL is much better in my opinion, I stayed in KL-Sel for more than 10years now, shopping and food is good but sometimes ppl are cruel (-_-;; especially taxi drivers :x they like to bully non-locals
hehe i never liked using subways or bridges when I was in KL, it's always too FAR!! i usually just cross the road :lol

hi yeoflittlefaith! ^^) nice to meet you

wujou_mao

Post by wujou_mao » Jan 20th, '08, 21:25

juppie wrote:stricit laws can be good sometimes, right ^^) they are allowed to buy chewing gums now, the dental ones, i usually bring boxes of chewing gums for my niichan(brother) when i visit him in singapore.

johor bahru is a crazy place + high crime rate too O.o, i never liked it there . Selangor-KL is much better in my opinion, I stayed in KL-Sel for more than 10years now, shopping and food is good but sometimes ppl are cruel (-_-;; especially taxi drivers :x they like to bully non-locals
hehe i never liked using subways or bridges when I was in KL, it's always too FAR!! i usually just cross the road :lol
i'm not to keen on JB either. but we both crossed from Sng into JB to meet up with a chinese friend i last met on Palau Tioman. then left JB to travel to Sawarak to meet another friend who is Iban.

i went to K Selengor for 2 days to see the fireflies. it was good to get off the beater track.

juppie

Post by juppie » Jan 21st, '08, 00:41

wujou_mao wrote:
i'm not to keen on JB either. but we both crossed from Sng into JB to meet up with a chinese friend i last met on Palau Tioman. then left JB to travel to Sawarak to meet another friend who is Iban.

i went to K Selengor for 2 days to see the fireflies. it was good to get off the beater track.
I never got much chance to travel in Malaysia (/_\) , I heard a lot about the fireflies viewing in K. Sel, was it good? I used to see them a lot, especially in Toyama during summer, but I don't see them at all now O_o extinction(?)
wujou_mao-san u travel a lot, i envy you. (*´▽`*) I always wanted to see Borneo, heard a lot of good stories about Rainforest World Music Festival held annually in Sarawak.

wujou_mao

Post by wujou_mao » Jan 21st, '08, 17:47

juppie wrote:I never got much chance to travel in Malaysia (/_\) , I heard a lot about the fireflies viewing in K. Sel, was it good? I used to see them a lot, especially in Toyama during summer, but I don't see them at all now O_o extinction(?)
wujou_mao-san u travel a lot, i envy you. (*´▽`*) I always wanted to see Borneo, heard a lot of good stories about Rainforest World Music Festival held annually in Sarawak.
well thanks alot juppie. you also may be insterested to have a look at some of my pictures which i have uploaded in the travel section

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Jan 26th, '08, 01:34

They are showing the acclaimed Studio Ghibli's Spirited Away today (26th Jan) at 8pm on BBC4 if anyones interested. It is a must watch Anime film :thumleft:

wujou_mao

Post by wujou_mao » Jan 26th, '08, 08:32

sahansah wrote:They are showing the acclaimed Studio Ghibli's Spirited Away today (26th Jan) at 8pm on BBC4 if anyones interested. It is a must watch Anime film :thumleft:
i would have to disagree with that one. princess mononoke is miles better. BBC4 could of least shown something differant as well as knewer, like Paprika

juppie

Post by juppie » Jan 26th, '08, 18:54

aaaa..I don't have TV license (/_\)
I liked Tonari no totoro when I was younger ^^)
Hotaru no Haka was very touching!

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Jan 27th, '08, 03:00

I agree Princess Mononoke was good and prob would be more relevant due to todays climate with global warming and our lack of care for the environment.
Grave of the Fireflies (Hotaru no Haka ) was sad :cry: a very moving film indeed.
However they should have showed Akira or Ghost in the Shell.

juppie

Post by juppie » Feb 6th, '08, 10:47

It's Chinese New Year tomorrow, wishing everyone Happy Chinese New Year - even if you don't celebrate it (^^)
Tonight there will be a celebration in the stadium ^^) it's going to be my first time celebrating CNY in the west. I wonder will it feel the same :D

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Feb 6th, '08, 11:00

Happy Chinese new Year juppie and to everyone else! :-)

So traditionally how is Chinese New Year celebrated?

wujou_mao

Post by wujou_mao » Feb 7th, '08, 18:07

Kung Hei Fat Choi

juppie

Post by juppie » Feb 7th, '08, 23:46

wujou_mao wrote:Kung Hei Fat Choi
:cheers: wujou_mao-san u know Cantonese!
sahansah wrote:So traditionally how is Chinese New Year celebrated?
We usually have reunion dinner on CNY eve, by right, everyone has to return home for dinner even if he/she is in overseas, my brother and sister did, but not me!! :cry:

On the first day, Buddhist will go to temple for prayers. My family starts visiting my relatives on the first day since we're not Buddhist. And this is repeated(visit friends, far-relatives-etcetc) till CNY ends(for some ppl it lasts for more than a week, my family isn't that huge since my maternal and paternal sides are in different countries, so I usually take 2-3days to finish the visitations)-CNY lasts for 15days.
Lots of eating & gambling as well, (ppl usually grow fat during CNY :P )
And the best part is non-married ppl gets $$$ in red packets from married couples!! 8) Sadly, I get none this year =(
Last year, my dad invited a troop(?) of lion dance performers to our home for good luck! it was amusing! I used to be scared of that dance when I was little. :unsure:

I like CNY! it's good time to be lazy while still getting money in :P

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Feb 8th, '08, 12:49

:cheers: Hope you had a good Chinese New year juppie

I see Money!!!!!!! lol awww don't worry always next year :thumright:

a troupe of lion dancers XD What the!!!!!! into your house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink you mean actual Lions as well....in your house....lol maaaan I can see why anyone would be scared of that when they were small but wow it must have been fun :-) Hope you didn't feel lonely on CNY! Away from family and everything All the best in the new year :thumleft:

wujou_mao

Post by wujou_mao » Feb 8th, '08, 17:30

juppie wrote:
only a few words. [yes, goodbye, hello, godmother, thank-you] but there are tonnes of Chinese who live in Britian. i leant some words at my old chinese resturant. but i dont eat chinese food any more as its very westernised food. no chicken feet or dim sums at ours

budbellybottom

Post by budbellybottom » Feb 12th, '08, 14:26

wujou_mao wrote:
juppie wrote:
only a few words. [yes, goodbye, hello, godmother, thank-you] but there are tonnes of Chinese who live in Britian. i leant some words at my old chinese resturant. but i dont eat chinese food any more as its very westernised food. no chicken feet or dim sums at ours
I had a disapointing CNY because I spent it away from my family (I miss my mum cooking).
Chicken feet, hearing it make me what it. :w00t:
I love duck feet too but chicken is better as it less sticky.
Do anyone know how it is made?

skyfzero

Post by skyfzero » Feb 13th, '08, 20:13

Just came back from my CNY Holiday!
lots and lots of food hehehehe :P

juppie

Post by juppie » Feb 13th, '08, 22:39

sahansah wrote: a troupe of lion dancers XD What the!!!!!! into your house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink you mean actual Lions as well....in your house....lol maaaan I can see why anyone would be scared of that when they were small but wow it must have been fun :-) Hope you didn't feel lonely on CNY! Away from family and everything All the best in the new year :thumleft:
oh no no¬ not real lions xD
Image this type of lion dance ^^)
the noise from the drums, cymbals & firecrackers scared me when I was little.
I didn't get much chance to feel lonely, assignments and reports were accompanying me :P
wujou_mao wrote:only a few words. [yes, goodbye, hello, godmother, thank-you] but there are tonnes of Chinese who live in Britian. i leant some words at my old chinese resturant. but i dont eat chinese food any more as its very westernised food. no chicken feet or dim sums at ours
I was surprised u said 'Happy CNY' in cantonese instead of mandarin =D
aa, I agree with u much! I was amazed to see Chinese restaurants here serve fried rice with chips! dimsum<3 chicken feet + chinese mushroom + ginger = my favourite!!! XD
i regret not learning to cook chinese food from my father :-(
budbellybottom wrote:I had a disapointing CNY because I spent it away from my family (I miss my mum cooking).
I miss my mom's cooking too :cry:
skyfzero wrote:Just came back from my CNY Holiday!
lots and lots of food hehehehe
*envy* I had instant noodle on first day of CNY :pale:

it's Valentine's Day tomorrow! I went shopping today to buy some chocolates for my friends and lecturers. I think it's not a custom here, but giri-choco(chocolate-duty) is very common in japan. Hope you guys have a wonderful day tomorrow! :cheers:

wujou_mao

Post by wujou_mao » Feb 14th, '08, 17:33

i'm not likely to buy choc's for a female uni staff member. its something i would do if i was 10 years old and had a big crush on her if i was at achool. also it would create bullying or the teacher would look like a perv accepting stuff from boys/girls instead of someone her own age.

why do you think it was suprising i said happy new year in Cantonese rather than Mandarin? i'm a white British man. English is the only language i speak. i speak no other. just only a few words of other languages which i picked up when i went traveling

did my nickname sugest you i was Chinese?

juppie

Post by juppie » Feb 15th, '08, 14:18

oh no, most Chinese here speak Mandarin, and most ppl who are learning Chinese learn Mandarin instead of Canton, seeing that Mandarin is the main Chinese language, I'm a 1/2 Canton myself, and I can't speak Mandarin (/_\) so I was happy to see that u know Cantonese ^^)

wujou_mao

Post by wujou_mao » Feb 15th, '08, 18:04

juppie wrote:oh no, most Chinese here speak Mandarin, and most ppl who are learning Chinese learn Mandarin instead of Canton, seeing that Mandarin is the main Chinese language, I'm a 1/2 Canton myself, and I can't speak Mandarin (/_\) so I was happy to see that u know Cantonese ^^)
i think mando is a gastly accent/language. canto is more peaceful, sweeter ring to it. but chinese opera in either mando or canto is still :mrgreen: :pale:

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Feb 27th, '08, 23:30

Did anyone else not feel the Earthquake that hit yesterday night? I was trying to get to sleep when it happened heard a strange rumble and the bed started to shake...Was like what the heck? Who's shaking the bed? :lol Well Earthquakes in Britain are rare so this is how it feels like eh?

Chen Yisi

Post by Chen Yisi » Feb 28th, '08, 00:20

OMG yes, I was studying in my room and I thought "who's running in the stairs that late?"
Then, I figured out that my housemates were thinking the same when we all met in the stairway XD

That was the first time I experienced earthquake in my life. And I'm a bit surprised.
I called my family in France just to tell them nothing happened for me but nobody knew there was an earthquake!

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Feb 28th, '08, 23:51

lol ~ It sounded like someone was running up and down the stairs? :lol

How are you liking life in Britain? Hope the Quake doesn't put you off XD

Yeh thankfully it wasn't a major qauke...I doubt this country has the infrastructure to deal with anything major becasue if I'm correct the U.K. does not lie totally near any tectonic plate. Quakes happen here but albeit rarely I wonder if anyone knows what the highest/largest Earthquake to hit Britain was on the richter scale and when?

Chen Yisi

Post by Chen Yisi » Feb 29th, '08, 00:16

Well, the house we live in is quite shabby but the rent is low so I don't complain a lot actually.
But that's why I thought that someone was running in the stairs XD
And we all experienced the earthquake feeling all together, it was OK.
It was the biggest quake since 1984, it was 5.4 on Richter scale, they kept saying that on the news...

It's been 2 years now that I live in England, not so far from London (Reading in Bershire), like is OK I mean no major problem, I did well in my studies last year but I'm definitely going back to France then when it'll be over.
I miss France and Paris so much, well especially Paris.
London is great but it's not the same or I still see London with "tourist's eyes" maybe ^^

But I've made very good friends here and I'm having a good time.

The thing I hate in this country is why do clubs and pubs close that early?!!
I couldn't believe it the first time I arrived here.
I don't know, in France, you begin to party at midnight, you can still in clubs until 6 or 7 or even more...

wujou_mao

Post by wujou_mao » Mar 2nd, '08, 10:44

the quake woke me up and i first thought it was a lorry rumbling down the road. lifted my head but i didnt hear traffic and just said, oh, earthquake and went back to sleep again

my sister on the other hand, she thought he deseased husband came back to haunt her as book were flying off her bookshelf behind her
so understandably she was upset
Chen Yisi wrote:The thing I hate in this country is why do clubs and pubs close that early?!!
I couldn't believe it the first time I arrived here.
I don't know, in France, you begin to party at midnight, you can still in clubs until 6 or 7 or even more...
differant countires have differant rules. there are tonnes of things i can list about what i hate in UK after being away for 2 years but i can't change it and just have to live with it. but after friday night i just wish us English wasn't so rude in the pubs. why does everyone want to start a fight when all i did was make a freindly eye contact :lol

oh, and one last thing, but its nothing about quakes. what do us poms think about our goverment telling our ISP's to grass on us and stop us from downloading tv and films? i know most of us are only interrested in asian drama, but downloading is still downloading. so is anyone worried there wil come a time when we can't get our daily fix of korea/japanese/chinese drama? what we gonna do then?

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Mar 4th, '08, 00:15

wujou_mao wrote: what do us poms think about our goverment telling our ISP's to grass on us and stop us from downloading tv and films? i know most of us are only interrested in asian drama, but downloading is still downloading. so is anyone worried there wil come a time when we can't get our daily fix of korea/japanese/chinese drama? what we gonna do then?
Yeah I'm kinda worried about this as well. It's a harsh yet very direct answer to piracy but it infringes on our freedoms does it not? We trust our ISP's to not be giving out personal information about us to third parties. How are they going to tell what is what? For example the stuff we get from this site is not exactly licensed here in the U.K. Will the ISP's be obliged to grass on anyone downloading anything which they deem to be illegal? Or is it only going to be in cases when say a entertainment company want the ISP to provide information on what a user has downloaded? Everyone who is someone on the internet in one way shape or form has contributed to illegal sharing of some sort. Thats a heck of a lot of people to prosecute.

I think I may have got it all wrong the ISP probably have some black-listed sites and if they see users downloading from these sites they may start of with a warning before passing on details to the party concerned if they repeat the incident.

LOL I have no clue what and how it is even going to be enforced....XD I'm just rambling incoherent crap

wujou_mao

Post by wujou_mao » Mar 23rd, '08, 08:23

has anyone woken up today [sunday] to a coating of snow falling? British weather is barmy at the best of times. just 2 weeks ago i was working outiside in a t-shirt and now its snowing?

place bets that its gone by Tuesday

bobodybob

Post by bobodybob » Mar 23rd, '08, 11:54

I woke up to it actually snowing >.< However the snow didnt settle *sobs*. British weather is indeed insane. I kinda like its unpredictableness though, it means we can always blame the weather man.

dinak

Post by dinak » Apr 11th, '08, 19:42

hi,
Does anyone know a place that rents K-drama's in London? :unsure:

bobodybob

Post by bobodybob » Apr 11th, '08, 20:09

Im not sure, but the only kind of places that might, would be in New Malden, in one of the suburbs of London, as its practically mini Korea.

Nice to meet you!

dinak

Post by dinak » Apr 11th, '08, 21:09

thanks bobodybob! I'll look it up.
:D
I hope I'll find one in central London though. :unsure:

Ganbatte_Dan

Looking for friends in London

Post by Ganbatte_Dan » Oct 19th, '08, 20:30

Hello guys!! :cheers:
I`m Brazilian and I have been living in London for 3 months
I came to London to study English and of course enjoy europe!! ^^
since I don`t know anybody here who likes Japanese and Korena music
and dramas I decided to post here looking for friends who share the same tastes!! :D :thumright:

I like pop and poprock... I like to watch J/Kdramas as well!! \o/

TezUK73
Great Britain

Post by TezUK73 » Oct 19th, '08, 20:35

Well, let me be amongst the first to say, 'Welcome to London'.

I am actually French but have been living in England for the past 13 years and in London for the last 5 years.

Ganbatte_Dan

Post by Ganbatte_Dan » Oct 20th, '08, 19:19

Thanks TezUK73!!!
Long time living here in UK! :lol
have u been watching any dorama lately?!
as I dont have my pc yet I`m just downloading so I can watch later!!
the pc of the landlord is almost full !! >.< :goggle:
but I will buy mine next moth :cheers:

crocus

Post by crocus » Oct 20th, '08, 19:29

one here!

from the surrey county... :)

Fenki

Post by Fenki » Oct 20th, '08, 19:37

Manchester University :D

boris7

Post by boris7 » Oct 20th, '08, 19:48

University of Essex...

TezUK73
Great Britain

Post by TezUK73 » Oct 21st, '08, 17:10

Oh yeah I am watching a lot (too much?!?!?) Dorama at the moment, Ganbatte_Dan.

Looks like my computer can't download them quick enough :whistling:

lipinha

Post by lipinha » Mar 27th, '09, 00:28

hello!

Im portuguese and have been living in London for the past year.
I was looking forward meeting someone who shared the liking for dorama here in london, just to hang out and chat about the same hobby. anyone?

i only know japanese people here in london, but most of them arent interested in dramas or such, reason why they are living in london. back in portugal i could talk about it with my friends, but now i have no one to share my opinions and it gets kind of boring, haha.

avincenna

Post by avincenna » Jul 19th, '09, 08:01

Haihaai.

I'm Latvian, but currently studying in Bournemouth.
Haven't met many drama fans around where I live yet. I guess the people need a lil' bit of educating ;) ^^

/D.

kankyuuhin

Post by kankyuuhin » Sep 27th, '09, 20:56

Hi everyone!

I'm not English either, but I study in London... XD
I keep watching as many dramas as I can and time allows.
Most of my friends aren't into Jdramas or Japanese TV in any way. It's also rare that any of my friends who do watch dramas will actually watch things at the same speed as me... I get excited easily and watch finished series really fast. 8D

So I usually don't have a chance to talk about dramas. ^^;

It'd be nice to meet more people who watch dramas and talk about them. :)

Daki Kibe

Post by Daki Kibe » Oct 29th, '09, 15:08

Hey xD

I live in the outskirts of London ^^. So sadly, if I have to find anything even remotely Japanese, I have to travel an hour into Central London. Shame, isn't it?

Anyways, anyone here been to the Anime Expo in ExCel Centre, London? It was awesome, both in May and October this year XD

Nyaa ~

kankyuuhin

Post by kankyuuhin » Nov 13th, '09, 21:24

@Daki Kibe

Yeah. I go every time to the Expo. Both of them were pretty fun this year. ^^
I'm hoping to make the Yukan Club uniforms for cosplay in May. 8D

Daki Kibe

Post by Daki Kibe » Nov 14th, '09, 19:33

@ kankyuuhin

O_O That is epic XD Who are you planning to go as?
If I see someone dressed up as whatever character your going to play, I'll assume it's you and come over and say hi O.o xD

kankyuuhin

Post by kankyuuhin » Nov 20th, '09, 13:47

@Daki Kibe

I still need to confirm this with my friend, but I'd really want to do it.
If it happens we'll be hanging outside a lot and we'll be Bidou and Yuri. Expect sparkles and food. XDXDXDDD

Daki Kibe

Post by Daki Kibe » Nov 20th, '09, 16:17

@ kankyuuhin

Awesome XDD
It's great that you have the patience to do the whole 'making a costume' thing. I'd give up almost immediately ._.

yellowsky

Post by yellowsky » Jan 17th, '10, 15:38

Daki Kibe wrote:Hey xD

I live in the outskirts of London ^^. So sadly, if I have to find anything even remotely Japanese, I have to travel an hour into Central London. Shame, isn't it?

Anyways, anyone here been to the Anime Expo in ExCel Centre, London? It was awesome, both in May and October this year XD

Nyaa ~
Are you talking about the MCM expo by any chance? :w00t:
well I have too! It was fantastic and met lots awesome people! ^_^ I just love it when it's on - cosplayers are everywhere and dominating the whole of London.xD

kankyuuhin

Post by kankyuuhin » Jan 18th, '10, 11:02

yellowsky wrote:
Daki Kibe wrote:Hey xD

Nyaa ~
Are you talking about the MCM expo by any chance? :w00t:
well I have too! It was fantastic and met lots awesome people! ^_^ I just love it when it's on - cosplayers are everywhere and dominating the whole of London.xD
Yes, that's the one. It's the only event that happens at that time at ExCel after all.
It's sad that it's not as nice as it used to be and even more expensive while everything is overpriced. I hate Narutards that wear only a headband and constantly criticize all other cosplayers almost as much as I hate natural disasters. ^^;

We're cosplaying Yukan Club on Sunday, make sure to come say hi if you're going in May~~~ 8D It'd be great to meet others into Jdrama over there!!!

yellowsky

Post by yellowsky » Jan 18th, '10, 17:33

kankyuuhin wrote:
Yes, that's the one. It's the only event that happens at that time at ExCel after all.
It's sad that it's not as nice as it used to be and even more expensive while everything is overpriced. I hate Narutards that wear only a headband and constantly criticize all other cosplayers almost as much as I hate natural disasters. ^^;

We're cosplaying Yukan Club on Sunday, make sure to come say hi if you're going in May~~~ 8D It'd be great to meet others into Jdrama over there!!!
Urrggh I can't understand some of the naruto fans..they're really wild...(I heard some even claimed Dragonball copied the various attacks off Naruto... :roll ).
I've only been to one so far..=/ but yeah, it sounds it's getting pricey - making money off us poor but dedicated fans..not? *jokes*

Cool, have fun with that and yep, it'd be awesome to meet fellow forum-ers! Unfortunately I won't be able to go (but perhaps in October...or the JapanEX one in July if MCM do decide to re-vive it again after these years. =]).

Daki Kibe

Post by Daki Kibe » Jan 18th, '10, 20:29

kankyuuhin wrote:

Ouch. xD
Well, I'm not a Narutard myself so no complaints there but still O^O

I might go as Haruhi from Ouran ^-^
The dweebish one though, not the super-cool KYAAA ~!! Haruhi U_U
yellowsky wrote:Urrggh I can't understand some of the naruto fans..they're really wild...(I heard some even claimed Dragonball copied the various attacks off Naruto... :roll ).
I've only been to one so far..=/ but yeah, it sounds it's getting pricey - making money off us poor but dedicated fans..not? *jokes*

Cool, have fun with that and yep, it'd be awesome to meet fellow forum-ers! Unfortunately I won't be able to go (but perhaps in October...or the JapanEX one in July if MCM do decide to re-vive it again after these years. =]).
OMG yes, I want them to do the JapanEX one again T_T
It's like the Anime Expo is just a random, somewhat Japanese imitation of the JapanEX one. Not good T___T

kankyuuhin

Post by kankyuuhin » Feb 3rd, '10, 02:46

Don't get me wrong I used to love Naruto (though the only one I ever cosplayed was a minor character from the second season that gets killed, poor guy). >_<
Haruhi is a great character! Most go Tamaki or even Honey-sempai when it comes to Ouran. It'd be great to see a Haruhi. :) There was a pretty cool Ouran group at the Expo last time. You should check the forums if there's another group this time as well. :3

I had missed the first JapanEx but I was hoping they'd have it again last year. In the end they didn't. I do hope this year things will change. England needs more Japan related events.

You should check out the Japanese Art Festival at the end of next February!! It's pretty good. ^^

Ash85

Post by Ash85 » Mar 30th, '11, 15:33

From North East Coast of Scotland :D

ruz

Post by ruz » Jun 26th, '11, 17:19

hi all.. just looking around==

Psionic

Post by Psionic » Aug 9th, '11, 20:46

someone should definitely organise a meet in london. :D

thefall

Re: United Kingdom D-Addicts

Post by thefall » May 7th, '16, 10:50

Hey all :)

Is there anyone still around here or have you all departed?

sura0912

Re: United Kingdom D-Addicts

Post by sura0912 » May 21st, '16, 15:20

hey there~
studying uni in London.