Chinese D-Addicts

speak whatever language you like here.
gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Jun 28th, '06, 23:23

habukie wrote:here are the ones i know:
雞排 - i've seen it written in restaurants as chicken steak or chicken fillet

通知大吉 - i'd have to see context, but 通知 = notify and 大吉 = character in the show; he's one of the flunkies that is always with xiong tian. the other one is named da li.

死於非命 - to die a violent death

Y17 - you'd have to have watched episode 1 pretty closely to remember...it's the plan that they used on the wife; i translated Y 17 計劃 as "Y17 plan"

長命百歲 萬壽無? 鋏福如東海 壽比南山 - i think they're all cheng yu wishing for long life, happiness, etc... normally on birthdays...

ok, so i looked them all up. here's what my dictionary says:
長命百歲 - May you live a hundred years.
萬壽無? 鋏 - May you attain boundless longevity.
福如東海 - Happiness as immense as the eastern sea.
壽比南山 - May your life be as lofty as the southern mountain ranges.
thanks habukie. I should make a character list with all Chinese chracters. haha, cheng yu. You have 4 words and the meaning is a big big story. :roll
about 40-50 ??? more to solve. My Chinese is so poor. :-(

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Jun 29th, '06, 00:43

^^well, i just got lucky since my episode had all the name introductions. your chinese isn't poor, you have a hard episode. :-)

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Jul 2nd, '06, 19:44

any ideas how to translate 天之愛育幼院 Under the protection of heaven’s love? It's the name of an orphanage.
and the mistress there is called 包院長. is it "abbess" in English?

And whats 皮草 ? leather sth?

thanks for help.

Ailin

Post by Ailin » Jul 2nd, '06, 23:47

I would use pinyin to translate 天之愛育幼院 since it's the name of an orphanage. Something like "Tian Zhi Ai Orphanage" (You may want to doublecheck that since I'm not that great in pinyin.) Basically 育幼院 is a nursery school or preschool or a protectory for kids.

Hmmm...for 包院長...Headmistress Bao, perhaps?

I could be wrong, but I think 皮草 is fur (mainly used to describe clothing...as in fur coat).

Regarding your earlier post, habukie was right on the ball. However, I would definitely use chicken fillet for 雞排.

算鳥卦 in this instance is: "having some dumb/stupid fortune told" (鳥 used in this term does not literally mean bird here. It's more like a derogatory slang.)

湊湊你們小女生的熱鬧 something like "joining in your girls' fun"

收拾 yes, informally for "taking care of--handling--settling things" in an unpleasant way, of course.

Good luck! :-)

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Jul 3rd, '06, 00:13

gixo wrote:any ideas how to translate 天之愛育幼院 Under the protection of heaven’s love? It's the name of an orphanage.
and the mistress there is called 包院長. is it "abbess" in English?

And whats 皮草 ? leather sth?

thanks for help.
gixo, sadotsu translated the orphanage name into "Heavenly Love Orphanage" in her half.

i used Orphanage Director Bao for 包院長 in the first episode...cause i knew that the 院 mentioned wasn't a school. but we can go with whatever...i can still revise it. :-)

as for 皮草, that comes up in the first episode. swtaznangel and i used "fur coat."

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Jul 5th, '06, 00:19

Sorry, sorry to "da rao ni men" again. :fear:

就當錯緣份吧
Doing this is just fair. just do your part of the deal???
I don't really get the meaning of 緣份

指出裡面有人正在蠢蠢欲動
試圖想要重新將碨神隱企業解鱧

(Based on the information we received recently)
it points out that inside (the organization) is a person in the progress of 蠢蠢欲動 ( I think that these 4 words belong together. clumsy being on the verge of making a movement. ut how does clumsy fit in)wanting to attempt to refresh Shen Yin Enterprises' 解鱧?

And I am not sure how these kind of food is translated into English熱騰騰的燒餅來油條還夾蛋
Here is steaming hot sesame seed cake and deep-fried bread sticks with eggs inside.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Jul 5th, '06, 01:54

gixo wrote:Sorry, sorry to "da rao ni men" again. :fear:

就當錯緣份吧
Doing this is just fair. just do your part of the deal???
I don't really get the meaning of 緣份

指出裡面有人正在蠢蠢欲動
試圖想要重新將碨神隱企業解鱧

(Based on the information we received recently)
it points out that inside (the organization) is a person in the progress of 蠢蠢欲動 ( I think that these 4 words belong together. clumsy being on the verge of making a movement. ut how does clumsy fit in)wanting to attempt to refresh Shen Yin Enterprises' 解鱧?

And I am not sure how these kind of food is translated into English熱騰騰的燒餅來油條還夾蛋
Here is steaming hot sesame seed cake and deep-fried bread sticks with eggs inside.
sorry gixo, I can only help you out with the first one because it's more generalized.
"就當錯緣份吧" = "just take it as though it wasn't meant to be....."/"consider (think of) it as wrongly fated"

..........i think that's another way of saying "有緣無份" as we say in Cantonese. "we're fated but not meant to be". but i might be wrong :unsure: :scratch: :D

locasawa

Post by locasawa » Jul 5th, '06, 02:05

ijust simply love movies/series! I'm kinda slow and just finished Bar Bender and will watch Forensic Heroes(???) now. As for Korean, I just finished My sister in law is 19 and Attic Cat. It's hard to find korean series in Cantonese dubbing. When I saw Attic Cat, i watched it in Korean but with POOR english subtitles. What are you guys watching right now?

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Jul 5th, '06, 12:30

lilswtangel wrote:
sorry gixo, I can only help you out with the first one because it's more generalized.
"就當錯緣份吧" = "just take it as though it wasn't meant to be....."/"consider (think of) it as wrongly fated"

..........i think that's another way of saying "有緣無份" as we say in Cantonese. "we're fated but not meant to be". but i might be wrong :unsure: :scratch: :D
thanks for your help. I jsut wonder if it would make sense to say that it was wrongly fated :scratch: Giving you short explanation what happened before.
There are two girls eating cake. then some bad guy appears with whom they argued before and kind of spit on their cake. the girls get some backup by an old man and the bad guy disappears. the girls are sad about the cake (which was the last one in the shop) but the old man say that he bought 2 extra shares to take home and offers them to eat them. but the girls say that's not ok. then the old man say:

Let's make it like this
accompany this old man to eat cake and chat with him.
誰也不要計較 Nobody has to make a fuss about it.
就當錯緣份吧 just consider it as wrongly fated

Finally the girls accepted after this sentences.

Ailin

Post by Ailin » Jul 5th, '06, 17:44

gixo wrote:
thanks for your help. I jsut wonder if it would make sense to say that it was wrongly fated :scratch: Giving you short explanation what happened before.
There are two girls eating cake. then some bad guy appears with whom they argued before and kind of spit on their cake. the girls get some backup by an old man and the bad guy disappears. the girls are sad about the cake (which was the last one in the shop) but the old man say that he bought 2 extra shares to take home and offers them to eat them. but the girls say that's not ok. then the old man say:

Let's make it like this
accompany this old man to eat cake and chat with him.
誰也不要計較 Nobody has to make a fuss about it.
就當錯緣份吧 just consider it as wrongly fated

Finally the girls accepted after this sentences.
Hmmm...by the way how you described this scenario, are you sure the old man didn't say: 就當緣份吧 ... just consider it as fate (meaning how they met). I think it makes more sense that way.

蠢蠢欲動 means someone is restless and is about to make a move

解鱧...Or is it 解體? I've never seen this word 鱧 before.

油條 is fried crullers (http://chinesefood.about.com/library/bl ... ullers.htm)

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Jul 5th, '06, 17:51

Ailin wrote:
Hmmm...by the way how you described this scenario, are you sure the old man didn't say: 就當緣份吧 ... just consider it as fate (meaning how they met). I think it makes more sense that way.

蠢蠢欲動 means someone is restless and is about to make a move

解鱧...Or is it 解體? I've never seen this word 鱧 before.

油條 is fried crullers (http://chinesefood.about.com/library/bl ... ullers.htm)
oops, i made a spelling mistake, sorry for confusing you all. it was 就當緣份吧

about this one. I am not to sure which one it is. the charcter there is actually so blurry that it's hard to see. I looked for it using search "radical" and that's what came out. but since I couldn't see the character in detail I am not sure. it might be the one you mentioned.

Ailin

Post by Ailin » Jul 5th, '06, 18:18

Gramatically speaking, 作 should be used in that statement, rather than 做. :roll

Back to 解鱧 OR 解體...if it's 解體 then split up, separate or dissolve (the body...in this case, the Organization).

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Jul 5th, '06, 18:45

Ailin wrote:Gramatically speaking, 作 should be used in that statement, rather than 做. :roll

Back to 解鱧 OR 解體...if it's 解體 then split up, separate or dissolve (the body...in this case, the Organization).
So the translation should be:

Based on the information we received recently
it points out that a person inside is restless and in the move to renew the attempt to split up Shen Yin Enterprise.

Or sth like that? Thanks for the help.

haha, talking bout grammar, it's not me who used that word. I just type in what I see (except when I am not paying attention and chose the wrong charcter) so complain at the drama producers :D

Ailin

Post by Ailin » Jul 5th, '06, 19:28

Hahaha. No, I know you're not at fault and is just relaying what you see from their subtiltes, which are quite inaccurate at times. :mrgreen:

Is this series you're subbing Pink Godfather? If it is, I haven't seen it before and I can't be sure what the context of that statement is without knowing what's going on and who said what. From all the bits and pieces of the questions you'd asked before and the title of the drama, I'm also assuming Shen Yin Enterprise is a Taiwanese mafia organization. I mean, it could mean something like:

Based on the information we received recently, it points out that (1) someone inside the organization is restless and on the move to attempt to reorganize Shen Yin Enterprise's power structure or leadership, OR (2) someone inside is attempting to undermine and break up the organization, Shen Yin Enterprise.

I can be totally off-track. Sorry I can't be of more help. :-(

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Jul 5th, '06, 19:39

Ailin wrote:Hahaha. No, I know you're not at fault and is just relaying what you see from their subtiltes, which are quite inaccurate at times. :mrgreen:

Is this series you're subbing Pink Godfather? If it is, I haven't seen it before and I can't be sure what the context of that statement is without knowing what's going on and who said what. From all the bits and pieces of the questions you'd asked before and the title of the drama, I'm also assuming Shen Yin Enterprise is a Taiwanese mafia organization. I mean, it could mean something like:

Based on the information we received recently, it points out that (1) someone inside the organization is restless and on the move to attempt to reorganize Shen Yin Enterprise's power structure or leadership, OR (2) someone inside is attempting to undermine and break up the organization, Shen Yin Enterprise.

I can be totally off-track. Sorry I can't be of more help. :-(
yeah, it's for Godfather in Pink. I think that (1) someone inside the organization is restless and on the move to attempt to reorganize Shen Yin Enterprise's power structure or leadership, is the right one. It would definetely fit since this statement comes from the TW investigation department (I think it's sth like the FBI or CIA or so) and Shen Yin Enterprise is indeed a TW mafia organization.

Yay, :cheers: I am nearly done with my part of translation thanks to the kind help of you all here :wub:

the_secret

Post by the_secret » Jul 8th, '06, 07:13

umm hi can someone translate this to me

chaw an! ni siaw sin! thanks guys

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Jul 8th, '06, 08:58

the_secret wrote:umm hi can someone translate this to me

chaw an! ni siaw sin! thanks guys
hmm...your spelling is kind of ... wrong, so it's hard to understand. But I think it can meaning is: Good morning. You woke up.

the_secret

Post by the_secret » Jul 8th, '06, 10:27

thanks very much

chsaf

Post by chsaf » Jul 8th, '06, 10:35

maybe ni siaw sin could also be "be careful"?

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Jul 8th, '06, 11:29

chsaf wrote:maybe ni siaw sin could also be "be careful"?
yes, it can also mean "be careful". It's hard to tell since the spelling is a bit strange. It depends on the context then.

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Jul 11th, '06, 21:56

hello again,

I know I am starting to become annoying but I need or better our group need help again for one sentence. However we need someone who understands some Taiwanese since I think that they used Chinese words with the same pronounciation as the Taiwanese words but with different meanings.

不管是要圍事或是要搞鋃搞鋃

I think 圍事 = wei shi stands for either to dye or to killl someone "shi= dead" in Taiwanese

and 搞鋃 = gang lang is to bully someone.

I just need a clarification there since my Taiwanese isn't that great. So do you think the meaning is :

1 no matter if I have to kill or bully someone
2 no matter if I dye or bully someone

EDIT: anyone here have some time to time a little? I am searching for someone timing "hua xiang special" 2 timers already started to time but since their Chinese skills are limited and there are no Chinese subs (so they don't know exactly where the sentences start and where they ends) there are some parts left over.

boniface

Post by boniface » Jul 21st, '06, 02:53

wow this thread still lives! :cheers:
I made this but then I didn't come to d-addicts as much.

what are you guys talking about now??

and I"m pretty sure ni siaw sin is be careful(almost like be careful, I might hurt you).. right?
you woke up would be something like ni xing(sing) la.
although it's a bit odd to say be careful after good morning.

j210

Post by j210 » Jul 21st, '06, 03:16

can someone tell me where i can get series- korean dubbed in chinese? mandarin preferably. can't get them from chi sites since my computer doesn't read chinese.
thanks you guys

boniface

Post by boniface » Jul 21st, '06, 04:48

aww I'm sorry.
I've actually never really watched dramas dubbed except when my family buys/rents it.
I hope others can help you, otherwise maybe try really hard on google?
u don't like subbed ones?

cefiro2

Post by cefiro2 » Jul 21st, '06, 09:47

gixo wrote:hello again,

I know I am starting to become annoying but I need or better our group need help again for one sentence. However we need someone who understands some Taiwanese since I think that they used Chinese words with the same pronounciation as the Taiwanese words but with different meanings.

不管是要圍事或是要搞鋃搞鋃

I think 圍事 = wei shi stands for either to dye or to killl someone "shi= dead" in Taiwanese

and 搞鋃 = gang lang is to bully someone.

I just need a clarification there since my Taiwanese isn't that great. So do you think the meaning is :

1 no matter if I have to kill or bully someone
2 no matter if I dye or bully someone

EDIT: anyone here have some time to time a little? I am searching for someone timing "hua xiang special" 2 timers already started to time but since their Chinese skills are limited and there are no Chinese subs (so they don't know exactly where the sentences start and where they ends) there are some parts left over.
圍事 圍起來處理事情,就是處理事情啦
搞鋃 弄錢、賺錢

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Jul 21st, '06, 15:29

cefiro2 wrote:
圍事 圍起來處理事情,就是處理事情啦
搞鋃 弄錢、賺錢
謝謝你的幫忙. So I was on a totally wrong way :-( Hmmm... but as I said my Taiwanese is really, really bad. so it's always better to ask around.

@boniface
nice to meet you. welcome back at this thread.

j210

Post by j210 » Jul 31st, '06, 04:01

boniface wrote:aww I'm sorry.
I've actually never really watched dramas dubbed except when my family buys/rents it.
I hope others can help you, otherwise maybe try really hard on google?
u don't like subbed ones?
hi! thanks. i want them dubbed so that i can brush up on my mandarin. but then subbed would just be fine. i can't read chinese characters on my pc and that's my problem. i'm trying to look for a chinese series...don't know if it's taiwanese or chinese. "100th bride" i liked it so much i want to have a copy.... and a korean series titles "yellow handkerchief" i don;t know any other sites i can get series except thru here....

thanks ...i'll try google...but i hope somebody can help me!

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Jul 31st, '06, 04:33

^^why don't you ask in the chinese forum? :-) there's two very nice request threads...one for torrents and the other for clubboxes.

speaking of clubboxes, i'm pretty sure that the series you're talking about "100th bride" is in murimzizon's clubbox. does your computer read korean? :-) i'll also do the searches for you at btchina just in case you can figure it out even without your computer reading chinese. i think it must be hard to have a computer that can't even read chinese... btw, i've seen a few mandarin dubbed kdrama series at btchina, so if you figure out that you can dl from btchina...i'll do that search for you. :-)

edit: just did the searches...both series are available at btchina. check in the Chinese Drama Torrent Delivery thread in the Chinese forum. it shouldn't be too hard, since there's only one version of each, and i've given you the file sizes to look for...and that part isn't in chinese. good luck!
Last edited by habukie on Jul 31st, '06, 05:05, edited 1 time in total.

dokbupgi

Post by dokbupgi » Jul 31st, '06, 04:59

Hi, you can try www.btgod.com to find drama series with chinese subtitles. they're hard-subbed so you dont need any app to read chinese characters. you can also try google the drama name with YYCAF or SUBPIG. they're the teams who work on chinese subtitles YYCAF - simplified chinese, SUBPIG - traditional chinese

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Aug 1st, '06, 08:02

Hi 大家好!!
Just dropping by to say hi :lol it's been a while since i've posted in this thread.

Habukie: Ohh my... Leehom, leehom and more leehom :wub: that just makes me SMILE :w00t: we should have a thread solely dedicated to him!! i mean, he IS an actor after all.. didn't he act in a few movies? :D

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Aug 1st, '06, 12:54

habukie has had a picture of Lee Hom Wang as her picture or signature ever since I joined, if I remember correctly. she's one dedicated LHW fan! :thumleft: but then again, he really does have wide range of vocals........and he's hot! :wub:

"Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope..." ~ Ward Sexton

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Aug 2nd, '06, 11:50

VERY HOT!! hehe :lol Ladies i just created a thread for him at http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_37486.htm
please drop by & help to post more pics!! :wub:

melonpan901

Post by melonpan901 » Aug 5th, '06, 12:52

just noticed that there is a thread for chinese speaking d-addicts
i'd like to say Hello to everyone :lol

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Aug 5th, '06, 17:13

melonpan901 wrote:just noticed that there is a thread for chinese speaking d-addicts
hi melonpan901, welcome to the thread.. what a cute avatar u have there :-)

cefiro2

Post by cefiro2 » Aug 7th, '06, 05:48

不知道有沒有喜歡看高畫質韓劇的同好?(何謂高畫質?1080i就叫做高畫質...700MB HDrip這個叫做中畫質或是低畫質)
我想找人幫忙做外掛字幕,rmvb畫質太差了,實在受不了...
我自己一個人實在忙不過來,又要學韓語,又要重做字幕,唉~~~
重做字幕會用到的工具有esrXP、SubOCR 0.98、SubResync、Subtitle Workshop、ConvertZ等...

This is what I mean the hih quality.
[img]http://img8.picsplace.to/img8/20/Please ... E08-01.JPG[/img]

j210

Post by j210 » Aug 7th, '06, 08:49

thanks a lot for all your help, habukie. i noticed you're always helping people and doing searches. thanks so much! i can't read korean. (i'm chinese living in the phils. ) i'll try the ones you said.

thanks also dokbupgi. can't surf btgod as it really comes up with random numbers and letter. that's why i can't search the other chinese sites to look for the series and movies. :(. hopefully i can find the disc 2 of my windows xp for me to install the language pack.

once again, thanks a lot!

yehey!!! i was able to download all the torrents. thanks all you guys for helping. i really appreciate it.
Last edited by j210 on Aug 12th, '06, 11:40, edited 2 times in total.

WaiWai85

Post by WaiWai85 » Aug 8th, '06, 02:12

Hi hi, just wanted to introduce myself.

I'm Wai Wai.

Chinese born in Canada. I only know how to speak/listen to Cantonese when it comes to the Chinese language... Parents never enrolled me in Chinese School :P lol. Anyways, I only started watching TVB dramas about 2 years ago, it never really appealed to me when I was younger. But one night, I decided to watch TV with my mom, and "The W Files" was on. I enjoyed it, so I started to watch more and more. Unfortunately for me, the shows that are played on Fairchild (Canadian TVB port network), are outdated... E.g. Stuff that plays on TVB today plays on the Fairchild channel 1 or 2 years later... So I don't really get to watch the new stuff that comes out until much much later on. That's why I'm here! I'm so glad I found this site, now I can actually watch the new dramas as they come out and not wait forever to watch them on TV!

I don't really have a fave drama yet... haven't watched very many, but out of the ones that I've seen - I really liked Vigilante Force. My fave TVB drama actors/actresses? hmmm, that's a tough one but I'd go with Roger Kwok, Flora Chan and Bobo Chan.

Looking forward to getting to know a lot of you, looks like a wonderful place to talk about dramas! hehehe.

Peace.

melonpan901

Post by melonpan901 » Aug 9th, '06, 14:38

furelise wrote:
melonpan901 wrote:just noticed that there is a thread for chinese speaking d-addicts
hi melonpan901, welcome to the thread.. what a cute avatar u have there :-)
Hello furelise... :-)

CHIOUSHIOU

我想做外掛

Post by CHIOUSHIOU » Aug 16th, '06, 02:10

我也很喜歡看韓劇,對您說的重做字幕很好奇,
可以請您介紹一下嗎?

cefiro2 Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:48 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

不知道有沒有喜歡看高畫質韓劇的同好?(何謂高畫質?1080i就叫做高畫質...700MB HDrip這個叫做中畫質或是低畫質)
我想找人幫忙做外掛字幕,rmvb畫質太差了,實在受不了...
我自己一個人實在忙不過來,又要學韓語,又要重做字幕,唉~~~
重做字幕會用到的工具有esrXP、SubOCR 0.98、SubResync、Subtitle Workshop、ConvertZ等...

sweetdreams1891

Post by sweetdreams1891 » Aug 18th, '06, 00:53

wow..i found i thread i can actually relate to!! :P hehe...hi everyone! my name is lydia, and im a chinese/taiwanese girl living in New York, USA. I can speak cantonese/mandarin and a lil bit of taiwanese. (unfortunetly, i can write/read veryyyy little chinese). i am probably the only chinese person i know that has never been to china before :-( . lol..ive only been to taiwan. I dont watch that many chinese/taiwanese dramas. Ive only watched Devil Beside You, and i thought it was an "ok" drama. So ive mostly watched jdramas. But i love watching chinese/taiwanese crime and horror movies...lol. I find them a lot more interesting than american ones. Some of my favorite j dramas are Kurosagi, Nobuta wo Produce, Hana Yori Dango, and Gokusen 1 and 2. Some of my favorite chinese/taiwanese celebrities are Wong Lee Hom, Guang Liang, and F.I.R. I hope i can get to know some of you here! :-)

cefiro2

Re: 我想做外&#25

Post by cefiro2 » Aug 18th, '06, 04:59

CHIOUSHIOU wrote:我也很喜歡看韓劇,對您說的重做字幕很好奇,
可以請您介紹一下嗎?
我所說的是重做外掛中文字幕(繁體),從rmvb中用程式抽取其字幕,
當然若是要做韓文字幕我也非常歡迎,但首先要能找到劇本,並不是
每部韓劇都能找到劇本的...雖然我收集很多韓文劇本..:P
我已經pm你了,請上MSN交談,謝謝!

My English is not good. So...
What I mean to remake the (Chinese)subtilte is to extract the subtitles from rmvb files.
If you want to make the Korean subtitle, I am also happy. But the first thing is to
find the korean scripts. Not every krama has the scripts.

freerose

Post by freerose » Aug 22nd, '06, 23:09

I wish to know other chinese download website. if anyone can post the website would be nice.

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Aug 29th, '06, 11:25

Hmm... don't know if it's really appropriate to ask around in this thread, but oh well, since you guys were always so nice in helping me out with some translations and since noone replied to my plee in the right thread...
Would anyone be interested in the position of a QC for "Godfather in Pink"? Our team, Pink Mafia FS, just released the first episode. However we feel that we should have a QC with good Chinese skills since we translators sometimes have difficulties to understand some Chinese slang which is used quite often in the drama. For more information please visit this side http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_35419.htm or PM me.

Btw. do you guys know the song "Hand in Hand" by Wang Lee Hom and David Tao? It's an older song but really nice. The song were written during the SARS time and Lee Hom and David invited a lot of TW singer to perform the song. Singers like A-Mei, Power Station, S.H.E, Harlem Yu, Valen Hsu, Jay Chow, Fan Fan, Elva, Sun Yan Zi etc it even features some actors like Ken Zhu and Vic Chou from F4.

j210

Post by j210 » Aug 31st, '06, 06:55

hello! can someone tell me if there is a series entitled glass shoes 2? it's a story about friendship of 2 guys. kim min was one of the female leads there. i've searched everywhere but can't find it. my dad was able to borrow the dvd from one of his friends. i think it was a rented one. please? thanks a lot.

whisperss_57

Post by whisperss_57 » Sep 1st, '06, 02:26

woow havent been here in a while!!!.

ill be sure to check out that lee hom thread. I LOVE HIM ♥♥

yuyan

Post by yuyan » Sep 1st, '06, 02:46

i am not chinese but i love chinese/taiwanese dramas. my faorite actor (singer) is ming dao from 183 club. he is so hot!! i can't wait until his new drama "angel lover" comes out. but that'll be until septmeber of next year. aww, it's too long!! i can't wait that long

NokCha

Post by NokCha » Sep 6th, '06, 20:11

Hi! I'm relatively new in daddicts, just more of a silent member.

Anyways, I'm mailing a letter to China (GuangDong to be specific) and I was wondering what is the proper way to write the recieving address. I heard that you're suppose to write "To the people's republic of China" but I'm not sure.

And also, does Chinese postal service read English? Not that I'm putting on a pinyin address in my letter but I'm curious.

Thanks for reading this!

And GO CHINESE (HK,TW,CN) ENTERTAINMENT!!!!!

chsaf

Post by chsaf » Sep 7th, '06, 12:08

why does it sound so complicated? lol

i think they can read english. and i think most of the chinese can understand english BUT they don't speak back to u in english. but people in HK and macau generally speak good english.

j210

Post by j210 » Sep 13th, '06, 03:56

what i know of is you write the complete address in chinese then the country in english.... so that your letter will arrive to it's destination...some mail carriers don't know how to read english.....

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Sep 27th, '06, 18:40

還没有人在嗎? :)

loveandhatred

Post by loveandhatred » Sep 29th, '06, 13:56

我在阿 哈哈

chinese but born in indo. :D

specify

Post by specify » Oct 8th, '06, 20:28

大家好

我是华侨,美国长大的,父母上海人。

有其他上海人吗?

看样子像这个帖子不大受欢迎我就添加一下回复。

aikchin

Post by aikchin » Oct 9th, '06, 07:28

i think Triumph in the Skies is still the best series compared to the others....it's a fantastic and a must-watch series....Besides, i like all the casts in that series.They were absolutely great in portraying their roles! You should watch it!! :roll

supermann

Post by supermann » Oct 10th, '06, 10:53

为什么这里有那么多的华人却都在用英文??

specify

Post by specify » Oct 15th, '06, 22:16

supermann wrote:为什么这里有那么多的华人却都在用英文??
不知道,明显是"chinese speaking"的帖子。

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Oct 15th, '06, 22:48

supermann wrote:为什么这里有那么多的华人却都在用英文??
就是因為很多人會講中文但是不太會看中文字。 還有﹐ 有些人用簡體字﹐另外一個人用繁體字。It's so much easier to communicate in English. Moreover some of us uses PCs who can't write Chinese characters.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Oct 15th, '06, 22:54

gixo wrote:Moreover some of us uses PCs who can't write Chinese characters.
that's me! :whistling:

supermann

Post by supermann » Oct 18th, '06, 14:59

无法输入中文所以改用英文实在是个烂借口。现在网上到处都可以找到输入中文字的软件吗。又有何必要委屈自己。。

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Oct 18th, '06, 19:11

supermann wrote:无法输入中文所以改用英文实在是个烂借口。现在网上到处都可以找到输入中文字的软件吗。又有何必要委屈自己。。
The topic is Chinese speaking and not Chinese reading/writing. :lol It would be a nice exercise though to use Chinese from time to time here. However there might be some problems as some of us use simplified Chinese and some of us traditional. As for me I use traditional Chinese and have quite some problems to understand everything of your posts since its simplified. Of course, I could use a programm to convert it, however I am to lazy to do it all the time. So sorry, as for me I am continuing to use English more often. :roll

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Oct 18th, '06, 19:22

gixo wrote:
The topic is Chinese speaking and not Chinese reading/writing. :lol It would be a nice exercise though to use Chinese from time to time here. However there might be some problems as some of us use simplified Chinese and some of us traditional. As for me I use traditional Chinese and have quite some problems to understand everything of your posts since its simplified. Of course, I could use a programm to convert it, however I am to lazy to do it all the time. So sorry, as for me I am continuing to use English more often. :roll
lol your comment is kind ridiculous. NO offense but there is not that much difference between traditional and simplied chinese. but I am curious about the forums chinese people visit everyday since mostly i visit most english ones because i don't know any chinese website/ forums like this

chsaf

Post by chsaf » Oct 18th, '06, 19:32

^ trad+simp not much difference?? really? then u must be a genius...

i'm actually not very familiar with the characters but i can read a bit, but just simplified ones.. once i see some of the traditional characters i just go :blink haha

chayeh

Post by chayeh » Oct 18th, '06, 19:42

Da jia hao !! Ni men hao ma ?
I can't write in chinese because of my computer !!
Hello everyone, I'm chinese born in France and also I live in france right now ..
I love all dramas, korean and chinese/Taiwanese the most ...
My frist drama was Meteor Garden and since now, I watch many many dramas ..

Anyone know the chinese name of the Korean drama Over The Rainbow? I want to dl in a chinese site ...Thank in advance !!
Zai Jian !!

gixo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gixo » Oct 18th, '06, 19:47

pwner4once wrote:
gixo wrote:
lol your comment is kind ridiculous. NO offense but there is not that much difference between traditional and simplied chinese. but I am curious about the forums chinese people visit everyday since mostly i visit most english ones because i don't know any chinese website/ forums like this
Ridiculous??? :scratch: haha, for ME there is a big difference. Sometimes I don' t recognize some Characters which are written in the simplified style because they leave out a lot of radicals. However I know the meaning of the Character from the context. But when I see it seperately I am often not sure. And for ME there is a big difference between traditional and simplified Chinese because I am only used to traditional one. For example 處 looks different to me than 处 'cause it leaves out some parts or 个 is not recognizable as 個 for me. I know that if you have some experience with both styles it's getting easier but I have little experience with simplified Characters and therefor I HAVE problems. And I am pretty sure that there are others who have the same problem as me.
But I have to add that I am not grown up in China, Taiwan, Singapur or Hong Kong. therefor my reading skills aren't that great. Maybe someone who is more used to Chinese characters in general has no problems to switch from traditional to simplified and reverse. Actually I think if you have some more experience with both styles you get used to it and know that 馬 becomes 马 etc.

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Oct 19th, '06, 06:35

gixo wrote:
i couldn't agree more. supermann, you're taking this too seriously. so what if some of us don't have programs on our computers to type in chinese? and what if i just don't want to install any having had bad outcomes from previous experiences? and as gixo mentioned, some others may have a hard time with simplified vs. traditional. it can be difficult, especially if you are unfamiliar with the other type.

also, please remember that though other threads in the international community forum may contain posts in other languages, i think the Chinese speaking d-addicts thread is somewhat of a special case. there are many people here who are essentially 文盲 and can't read or write a lick of Chinese but can probably speak more fluently than i ever could. and the only way to communicate is through typing, so of course, some people are going to use English.

fufu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fufu » Oct 20th, '06, 04:13

仲有我地衣啲香港人呢! 我地通常都係用口語多。喺外國大既香港人就未必識寫中文啦,因為我地寫同講係好唔同架,所以比較困難。雖然可以好似我咁樣用口語,不過冇寫開口語化既中文咪又係唔會識寫! 同埋寫咗出嚟又唔知有冇人明....

簡單啲嚟講, 如果啲中文係咁叻既話就唔駛喺道攞英文字幕啦。一般中文得嗰啲又嚟衣道瀏覽, 通常都係翻譯員。(我旗下既翻譯員都未必識得寫太多中文...佢地都係識得睇多過寫)

其實有沒有人看得懂我剛寫了什麼?....哈哈哈哈....

中文有很多不同的方言。

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Oct 21st, '06, 01:03

^^ reading that is more difficult than reading simplified chinese for me :lol, because simplified chinese characters are largely valid characters in traditional. It would be probably harder for someone used to simplified chinese to read traditional chinese

supermann

Post by supermann » Oct 21st, '06, 06:18

我相信fufu写的是广东话吧。。
对,中文的确有很多方言,但是这已经是21世纪了。世界各国的华人在纸上写的都是华语/国语/普通话。我班有几位香港同学他们写的作文用的也是华语而不是方言。新加坡的华人有很多种方言。一些是福建人,一些是潮州人,又有一些是客家人。但我们之间的沟通都是用华语。。

specify

Post by specify » Oct 21st, '06, 18:38

。。。戆。。。大。。。

方言没普通话厉害。永远比不上。

想用英语就用英语,想用中文就用中文。

终于结束。大家高兴。

:thumright:

chsaf

Post by chsaf » Oct 21st, '06, 20:55

specify wrote:想用英语就用英语,想用中文就用中文
yes! my sentiments exactly...

sorry, but my chinese reading/writing comprehension is really bad... there are some things written by fufu n supermann that i dun understand :cry:

Nausicaa

Post by Nausicaa » Nov 4th, '06, 20:46

Hello! 大家好。嘻嘻。不知道写什么好。只想多认识中国人。

xxt

Anybody want a Shanghaiese to practice Mandarin?

Post by xxt » Nov 12th, '06, 14:20

I am Chinese.Male.
Anybody interested in practice Chinese,please contact me.
I need a native English spoken pal to practice Oral English.

xxt

Post by xxt » Nov 12th, '06, 14:23

I am chinese.
I'd like to find a Native English spoken pal to practice Oral English.So he also can enjoy authentic Chinese speaking practice in same way.
If anybody interested give me a mail:
xxt001@tom.com,
or cell phone 13764547734(china Shanghai city cell phone)

*kawaii*

Post by *kawaii* » Nov 21st, '06, 15:57

hello there
i have a relative
gurl 5 years old
with a very bad eczema skin problem from her birth
some pple tell me about this cream
but i don't know which language is it
if it chinese plz can any body translate it for me
and if any body know which site i can order it from?
plzz help me
so we can help this little gurl
[quote="*kawaii*"]
[img]http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c56/n ... Image1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c56/n ... Image2.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c56/n ... Image3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c56/n ... /Imag4.jpg[/img][/
thanks in advance

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Nov 23rd, '06, 13:27

supermann wrote:我相信fufu写的是广东话吧。。
对,中文的确有很多方言,但是这已经是21世纪了。世界各国的华人在纸上写的都是华语/国语/普通话。我班有几位香港同学他们写的作文用的也是华语而不是方言。新加坡的华人有很多种方言。一些是福建人,一些是潮州人,又有一些是客家人。但我们之间的沟通都是用华语。。
别忘了在新加坡也有很多年轻的华人不懂得说方言,甚至连华语都说不好。for me, it's a matter of speed.. typing in english is just so much faster! :D
*kawaii* wrote:hello there
i have a relative
gurl 5 years old
with a very bad eczema skin problem from her birth
some pple tell me about this cream
but i don't know which language is it
if it chinese plz can any body translate it for me
and if any body know which site i can order it from?
plzz help me
so we can help this little gurl
hi *kawaii*, i've not heard of this cream nor have i seen it anywhere before. i would advise you not to try unknown creams on the little girl as it could excerbate her condition... it would be prudent to do some research on the product first before using it on her, since eczema skin is extremely sensitive... there are lots of resources available on the net... a relative of mine has been tormented by eczema since childhood and the moisturizer that works best for her is Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream... after applying the Cetaphil cream religiously, her skin is really so much better now! here are some reviews that you could read up on : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/custom ... 0901&s=hpc

*kawaii*

Post by *kawaii* » Nov 25th, '06, 17:50

furelise

thanks alote for your replay :)
i will read the amazon reviews