Hmong D-Addicts

speak whatever language you like here.
CAve_MAN

Hmong D-Addicts

Post by CAve_MAN » Sep 28th, '05, 17:52

well lets see if there's any Hmong communities up in here 8)
Last edited by CAve_MAN on Aug 1st, '06, 19:57, edited 1 time in total.

iknowwhoyou_r

Post by iknowwhoyou_r » Sep 28th, '05, 19:25

do you mean mung?

or was it Mongolia?

CAve_MAN

Post by CAve_MAN » Sep 28th, '05, 19:35

no...Hmong is not mung or mongolian...if you want to know more go search HMONG and you'll find my culture :)
Last edited by CAve_MAN on Aug 14th, '06, 10:16, edited 1 time in total.

iknowwhoyou_r

Post by iknowwhoyou_r » Sep 28th, '05, 19:41

Koj yog leej twg?

CAve_MAN

Post by CAve_MAN » Sep 28th, '05, 19:46

lol kuv yog hmong california...koj ne :P

iknowwhoyou_r

Post by iknowwhoyou_r » Sep 28th, '05, 19:47

Kuv tshaib plab. :mrgreen:

xiaryx
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by xiaryx » Sep 28th, '05, 20:35

haha I was confused at first too.. Then I did a search using wikipedia and it is actually the Miao minority in China? My only knowledge of them is that they are great singers heh. Anyway, I am moving it to the international community forum. Glad you guys found each other!

iknowwhoyou_r

Post by iknowwhoyou_r » Sep 29th, '05, 21:57

when did we find each other?

i just copy and paste from one of the mung language site :mrgreen:

biava

Post by biava » Oct 2nd, '05, 23:32

oh cool i didnt think there would be any hmongs here ehhe well im hmong and a vangsta wat bout u guys lolz :D

CAve_MAN

Post by CAve_MAN » Oct 14th, '05, 23:44

imma vangsta too...where in cali u from :P

Tomodachi

Post by Tomodachi » Nov 12th, '05, 23:12

hmong too. =P imma xiong though.

angelxmdawb

Post by angelxmdawb » Nov 14th, '05, 01:51

Tomodachi wrote:hmong too. =P imma xiong though.
aha! nice to meet you. :) I'm a xiong too. :)

Tomodachi

Post by Tomodachi » Nov 14th, '05, 05:46

oh yay. =D that's cool. ^^ glad that there are a few hmong people here~!

mrs_xaiko

Post by mrs_xaiko » Nov 21st, '05, 21:57

.....vang pride......but guess i'm a lee now since i got married.....

Em_mie

Post by Em_mie » Nov 21st, '05, 22:23

hello all! :cheers: im surprised how few people are here...considering the number of hmong people who watch korean/japanese/chinese dramas....

gsr_raver

Post by gsr_raver » Nov 21st, '05, 22:49

Wow didn't knoe something was going to start a Hmong Topic. ahahha

Yea i'm Hmong, Thaoster STP MN,

Yea we migrated(you say that) from china back some years ago,(BC eras) We are actually the MONG clan in China(heard to be one the powerfuls clans). Some of the bloodline of hmong can be found in the mountains along China and Mongolina as the Hmong people migrate. The hmong people settle down in Laos, then swam across the river to Thailand (during the Viet War to be safe~ "Hit me if you want more info") then many years later after war, The hmong Claim was offer to migrate in USA to start off a new life because we had no land to claim.(as the JEWS did, but they got rejected SORRY! i don't wanna be mean. i just using it as an example, thats why US gorneous donate many weapons to the jews because they could not offer immigrantion).

HAHAH this is Quick story of the hmong.

WASSUpBE. :alcoholic:

anglvue

Post by anglvue » Dec 2nd, '05, 06:40

hey all you fellow hmong d-addicts. it's nice to know there are a couple of us in here. as you can see by my sn imma vue and living in california.

ready for the new year or have you already attended some?

gsr_raver

Post by gsr_raver » Dec 2nd, '05, 07:04

O Yea, ahahha I forgot

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!. ahhaha

greenpapaya

Post by greenpapaya » Dec 2nd, '05, 07:20

Helllllllo all you hmong out there.....i'm probably one of the most addicted drama watcher out there....mostly korean dramas.....Long live the spicy green papaya salad.....Glad to see you guys here.....

s0caligirl

hey!

Post by s0caligirl » Dec 2nd, '05, 07:31

im hmong too!!! :D

gsr_raver

Post by gsr_raver » Dec 2nd, '05, 07:37

Hey Guys i was wondering, What Type of hmong are you guys?

4 me: i'm Hmong Nerves (hehe sorta-GREEN)

<what do i mean by what type of hmong are you. is

GREEN
WHITE
BLACK
STRIPE

ETC............>

anglvue

Post by anglvue » Dec 2nd, '05, 07:40

i'm white.

woohoo! can't wait for papaya salad during the new year!

s0caligirl

Post by s0caligirl » Dec 2nd, '05, 07:42

im green but can speak white pretty good hehehe lol

ans

Post by ans » Dec 2nd, '05, 07:51

Green here. Hey everyone.

Tomodachi

Post by Tomodachi » Dec 2nd, '05, 18:25

its nice to see more hmong ppl here :D i'm white lol haha! some ppl reading this might be wtf?? XD with the white, green, blk and stripe. lol oh yea Happy New Years! annnd, theres already been new years. :P Seattle Hmong New Years and Hmong Eastside New Years in Washington

MonsieurCampeur

Post by MonsieurCampeur » Dec 3rd, '05, 01:31

Wasup my Hmong people! Fresno California here. My wife constantly whines to me about getting her more drama. I'm constantly checking for new episode uploads every 15 minutes or so. I think we need to get some drama counseling. I download while she watches. I can never manage to get enough for her to keep her busy. Anyhow, Hmong D-Addicts for life! :salut:

anglvue

Post by anglvue » Dec 3rd, '05, 07:52

s0caligirl...
my best friend is green and speaks white fairly well also. i've noticed that many green hmong can easily switch between the two dialects. i remember my first encounter with someone who was green. he had to ask me the same question twice before i could understand what he was saying. i felt like such an idiot; it was so embarrassing. you and my best friend are lucky. i wish i could speak green.

ah yes...women...we never get enough of our dramas.
your wife, as well as my friends, are quite lucky i think. we do all the hardwork (searching, downloading, etc) and they get to do all the watching.

i've got an idea...
if any of you have pictures of the new year you attended, post them up. i've never been to any other new year except the one in fresno, so it would be nice to see how other places look like. yes, yes, i know it's all just hmong people and some wearing hmong clothes but i would still like to see. when the fresno new year hits, i'll take some pictures and post them on here. would this require a new topic thread or shall this one serve just fine?

skythao

Post by skythao » Dec 3rd, '05, 08:06

I'm hmong too. :P There's more hmong in here than I thought. Oh yeah I run a hmong community site to. Check my Signature. :salut:

s0caligirl

Post by s0caligirl » Dec 4th, '05, 19:09

hi angelvue!

yes its weird how a lot of green can easily pick up white but not vice versa.... hehehe lol me and my green friends joke that white are too damn proud to learn the green dialect hehe JK JK JK.... but yeah we (green) find it easy to pick up white...i dont think green is hard...u should learn! that way if u ever get married to a green guy you'll be set! my friends who are married with green...they are having a hard time! but i dont think its fair of them...because their not even trying.... all they do is complain! heheh lol... i mean geesh u knew u were going to get married...at least learn the basic! see its that white pride hehehe LOL JK JK JKJK......... =) but really i think its the rolling of the tounge! u guys are use to saying harsher words...right!?! i dontk now since i can adapt to white...i dont see a difference! hehehe lol it all sounds hmong to me because i understand both...

gsr_raver

Post by gsr_raver » Dec 5th, '05, 02:58

anglvue wrote: i've got an idea...
if any of you have pictures of the new year you attended, post them up. i've never been to any other new year except the one in fresno, so it would be nice to see how other places look like. yes, yes, i know it's all just hmong people and some wearing hmong clothes but i would still like to see. when the fresno new year hits, i'll take some pictures and post them on here. would this require a new topic thread or shall this one serve just fine?
hahhah, that a great ideal,

i'm currently living on campus, I have some pix too, but i left it at my hometwon house, once i go back fo rX-mas break i will pust up STP new year!!.. (if i can find it)...

I might go the Minnnepolis new Year too. so might try to get soem snapshots..

but that only if finish school b4 the new year ends..

@s0caligirl
Yea, that so true, i was dating this girl a couple of years ago, and Yes she was WHITE,,,(hmong) hahhaha... i start to talk white just b/c she was white... my cuz was teasing me that i wasn't true green no more, they said, my girlfriend was trying to convert me, but when i spoke it i never realized that i was speaking White not green... My x-girlfriends know Green too, when we are together i would tlak white to her, and she would talk green to me. Odds huh//// WHite is really easy to learn, but perfer talking Green because i mean some words when i say, it seem so weird. for example... THE BLANKET, its jux so different from White and green that i jux thought green had a nice tone to it.

I heard people says that green is more softer and nicer to talk to than white, but I never notice that beacuse i'm Green Fluent. , WHen i heard it i jux know they are HMONG. ahhahahaah

s0caligirl

hey guys!

Post by s0caligirl » Dec 6th, '05, 21:21

help me translate this song...yeah yeah i know im bad hehehe lol...i understand the words (most hehehe okay some ) and i like get the sentences or i can put it here and there but i guess where im going wrong is the meaning of each on or actually the whole song!?!! :-( :unsure: .... my hmong isnt that good sooo if u guys can help that will be much appreciate!!!! =) :wub: this is what i got....

"Kaishek Vang - Nco Kuv Me Me (LUJ YAJ Cover Song)"
(Luj Yaj)

Nco Kuv Me Me (Remember Me/Miss Me A Little)

Nco kuv thiab mog txhob ua siab hlob
( miss me....?? )
Ntuj teb tag hmo
( ??? )
Kuv tseem nco koj, puas ntseeg,
( i still miss you, do you believe)
Nco koj ibleeg nco koj ibleeg
(miss you only miss you only )
Hais rau koj tias,
( im tellin you that )
Lub cev nyob deb nplooj siab nyob ze
( something like im close but ??? something is far?? )

Nco kuv me me txhob ua siab deb'
( miss me a little and dont be jealous??? patience?? )
Thaum pw ntsaug zog
(when you go to sleep??? )
Thov koj nco kuv, ib pliag,
( please miss me a little too )
Nco ntsoov khaw cia tias kuv tseem hlub
( remember that i still love )
Ib tug nyob deb,
(one who is far )
Nco ntsoov lub npe nyob rau hauv siab
( remmeber ..... in your heart??? )

Chorus:
Hmo twg kaj hli
( last night??? kj hli? what is that)
Hnubqub ntsa iab
( something about the moon?? )
Thov koj ntsia saum lub hli,
( please look at the moon?? heheh lol )
Txhua hmo wb tuaj sib ntsib,
(when we get to meet again?? i think )
Lub hli yog wb qhov chaw ntsib,
( under the moon our meeting place?? )
Xav kom kaj hli, txhua hmo,
( ??? )

BREAK

CHORUS

Kuv nco txog koj txhua hnub txhua hmo
( i miss every day and nite)
Es koj puas hnov
(and do you hear? )
Thiab koj puas nco, kuv nas,
(and do u miss me too )
Thaum twg koj hnov thaum twg koj nco
( when you hear when you miss )
Thov ntsia lub ntuj
(please look at the moon )
Kuv tseem yuav hlub koj tas mus li
(i still love you forever?? )

okay soo how did i do? hehehe lol soo basically he still miss her but their not together?? and hes telling her to miss him and think of him too right? because he still loves her and think of her and miss her?? even though their not together?? is that right!?! okay soo wouldnt you delicated this song to someone who u still love?? or a recent bf/gf ??? (just wondering for personal references hehehe :P )

mrs_xaiko

Post by mrs_xaiko » Dec 7th, '05, 18:01

wow i didn't think they're were this many hmong pple on d-addicts......nice to know.....well im white....but i would like to learn green someday...maybe when my hmong gets a little better i guess....haha...im thinking about taking hmong classes and learning how to write/read hmong since im not too good at it....

also that new year idea of taking pictures is really great.....i would like to see if the new year's is the same or what not......but i don't think im going to go to milwaukee new year this year....its always the same....but Destiny is supposed to be the band for the afterparty this weekend.....so i'm pretty sure i'm not goin....i was hopin maybe DJ party but guess not.....

sorry i can't help translate that song...my hmong is pretty bad...but i love that song....i listened to it for a couple weeks before i got tired of it....

Tomodachi

Post by Tomodachi » Dec 9th, '05, 21:29

well actually, i'm going to the portland, oregon new year so i'll take pictures when i'm there. :P and yea, there are some hmong ppl who dunno how to write or read in hmong. I'm learning right now though it's pretty confusing. The pronunciation is WAY different from the english language. Take my name for an example: Knub Tshiab :P the K is silent?? It's pronounced: nu chia lol..well yea, u get the point :whistling:

vangpire

Re: hey guys!

Post by vangpire » Dec 14th, '05, 23:47

s0caligirl wrote:help me translate this song...yeah yeah i know im bad hehehe lol...i understand the words (most hehehe okay some ) and i like get the sentences or i can put it here and there but i guess where im going wrong is the meaning of each on or actually the whole song!?!! :-( :unsure: .... my hmong isnt that good sooo if u guys can help that will be much appreciate!!!! =) :wub: this is what i got....

"Kaishek Vang - Nco Kuv Me Me (LUJ YAJ Cover Song)"
(Luj Yaj)

Nco Kuv Me Me (Remember Me/Miss Me A Little)

Nco kuv thiab mog txhob ua siab hlob
( miss me....?? )
--Hlob means to push down etc/ in this song, he's asking for her to miss him and for her not to suppress her feelings for him.

Ntuj teb tag hmo
The sky and the land in the night

Kuv tseem nco koj, puas ntseeg,
( i still miss you, do you believe)

Nco koj ibleeg nco koj ibleeg
(miss you only miss you only )
Hais rau koj tias,
( im tellin you that )

Lub cev nyob deb nplooj siab nyob ze
( something like im close but ??? something is far?? )
The body is far but the heart is close

Nco kuv me me txhob ua siab deb'
( miss me a little and dont be jealous??? patience?? )

Thaum pw ntsaug zog
(when you go to sleep??? )
Thov koj nco kuv, ib pliag,
( please miss me a little too )
Nco ntsoov khaw cia tias kuv tseem hlub
( remember that i still love )
Ib tug nyob deb,
(one who is far )
Nco ntsoov lub npe nyob rau hauv siab
( remmeber ..... in your heart??? )
Remember the name that is in your heart

Chorus:
Hmo twg kaj hli
( last night??? kj hli? what is that)
When the night is clear

Hnubqub ntsa iab
( something about the moon?? )
the stars are shining

Thov koj ntsia saum lub hli,
( please look at the moon?? heheh lol )
Txhua hmo wb tuaj sib ntsib,
(when we get to meet again?? i think )
Lub hli yog wb qhov chaw ntsib,
The moon is our meeting place

Xav kom kaj hli, txhua hmo,
Wish it were a clear night, every night

BREAK

CHORUS

Kuv nco txog koj txhua hnub txhua hmo
( i miss every day and nite)
Es koj puas hnov
(and do you hear? )
Thiab koj puas nco, kuv nas,
(and do u miss me too )
Thaum twg koj hnov thaum twg koj nco
( when you hear when you miss )
Thov ntsia lub ntuj
(please look at the moon )
Kuv tseem yuav hlub koj tas mus li
(i still love you forever?? )
I will still love you forever

okay soo how did i do? hehehe lol soo basically he still miss her but their not together?? and hes telling her to miss him and think of him too right? because he still loves her and think of her and miss her?? even though their not together?? is that right!?! okay soo wouldnt you delicated this song to someone who u still love?? or a recent bf/gf ??? (just wondering for personal references hehehe :P )
I think you did okay. I made some changes in italics to your lyrics above. Its hard to translate directly from Hmoob to English because you lose a lot of the meaning behind the words and the song itself. [/i]

s0caligirl

awwwwwww

Post by s0caligirl » Dec 20th, '05, 06:26

THANK YOU THANK YOU!! =)

SunStar

Post by SunStar » Dec 20th, '05, 06:32

ntuj es!!! kuv tsis tau xav hais tias yuav muab phooj ywg hmoob nyob hu no thiaj... zoo siab ntsib nej saw daws...

sorry for my bad hmong... very bad in writing it correctly...

i felt lonely in here for a long time... so nice to know i'm not the only hmong in here...

SunStar

Post by SunStar » Dec 20th, '05, 06:35

s0caligirl wrote:hi angelvue!

yes its weird how a lot of green can easily pick up white but not vice versa.... hehehe lol me and my green friends joke that white are too damn proud to learn the green dialect hehe JK JK JK.... but yeah we (green) find it easy to pick up white...i dont think green is hard...u should learn! that way if u ever get married to a green guy you'll be set! my friends who are married with green...they are having a hard time! but i dont think its fair of them...because their not even trying.... all they do is complain! heheh lol... i mean geesh u knew u were going to get married...at least learn the basic! see its that white pride hehehe LOL JK JK JKJK......... =) but really i think its the rolling of the tounge! u guys are use to saying harsher words...right!?! i dontk now since i can adapt to white...i dont see a difference! hehehe lol it all sounds hmong to me because i understand both...
i think green is easy to learn... but if you're trying to learn to speak white clearly and you're from a green family... it's hard... cause my "nyab" still have problems with it after she married my "tij laug"... i have trouble with it myself... i noticed that not a lot of Vangs are green hmong... is that true?

anglvue

Post by anglvue » Dec 20th, '05, 06:44

SunStar wrote:ntuj es!!! kuv tsis tau xav hais tias yuav muab phooj ywg hmoob nyob hu no thiaj... zoo siab ntsib nej saw daws...

sorry for my bad hmong... very bad in writing it correctly...

i felt lonely in here for a long time... so nice to know i'm not the only hmong in here...
hahaha...so funny!
isn't it great we have this topic in here? i never realized there were so many hmong d-addicts, either.

nice to meet you, sunstar

gsr_raver

Post by gsr_raver » Dec 20th, '05, 07:06

SunStar wrote: i noticed that not a lot of Vangs are green hmong... is that true?
For me, I always thought that Yang and Vang was more White, and Thao are more Green.

koua_xiong

Hmong

Post by koua_xiong » Dec 20th, '05, 07:41

Hi there... don't forget me i m a hmong too.... i thought i wuz the only hmong in here for some years now..... didn't think there r hmong in here.... :thumright: do anyone in here knows how to speak chinese? :scratch:

pankiey

Post by pankiey » Dec 20th, '05, 08:22

i've been here forever to download series but i never took the time to register til now. oh and i'm hmong too...hmoob green.

mrs_xaiko

Post by mrs_xaiko » Dec 20th, '05, 17:12

yes..i've noticed that lots of vangs are white...i think i've only met like one vang person thats green....and i don't think i've met any white thaos either....anyways welcome to d-addicts hope we get more hmongs on here.....mRs_xaiko

vangpire

Post by vangpire » Dec 20th, '05, 18:35

it think it depends on the are that you're from. where my parent's live, most of the people are white hmong regardless of their last name. but, where i'm currently residing, there are lots of hmong green.

vang_shua

Post by vang_shua » Dec 20th, '05, 19:27

mrs_xaiko wrote:yes..i've noticed that lots of vangs are white...i think i've only met like one vang person thats green....and i don't think i've met any white thaos either....
Well there's alot of vang and thao that are Green... well in my hometown in stockton, CA... you'll sure find lots of green peeps over there...
well... as you guys know...i'm a vang and happens to be green here... but i could talk and understand both green and white... but as you can say my hmong language is poor :-( ... and nowaday i'm mostly speak white and sometime mix with green... thats b/c most of my friends are white... and i think it really depend on the people you hang around with if they're mostly white or green... i still remember when i first time talk in white was b/c i mostly hang around with are white and learn from them... and since i move away from my hometown like around eight years ago to atlanta,GA... i started to lose my hmong touch and mostly speak english and as you can say there where not that much hmong peeps over there...and after living there for four years i move to Minnesota... boy there where lots of hmong peeps up here...lol... but eventually i started to get my hmong touch back... and still need to work on it...lol... well just this past summer.. i went down to my hometown in stockton and oh boy... all my relatives speak green... and i came back speaking mostly white mixing with green and english to my relatives... how DISAPPIONTING :-( and EMBRASSING :crazy: but at least i try my best to talk to them... well SORRY for keeping Blabbing on and on so i'll stop here...
And well it nice to know that there's lot more hmong here than i expect it :-) ...

SunStar

Post by SunStar » Dec 21st, '05, 01:28

that's very funny...

i sometimes like to speak green when i'm lazy... i often don't like to pronounce all the words... so i just speak it like green hmong...

oh by the way... i'm a Vang... and a White Hmong... i live in Wisconsin... anyone from Wisconsin????

mrs_xaiko

Post by mrs_xaiko » Dec 21st, '05, 21:21

yeap....im from Wisconsin too....milwaukee...

variable_geo78

Post by variable_geo78 » Dec 21st, '05, 23:34

SunStar wrote:
s0caligirl wrote:hi angelvue!

i think green is easy to learn... but if you're trying to learn to speak white clearly and you're from a green family... it's hard... cause my "nyab" still have problems with it after she married my "tij laug"... i have trouble with it myself... i noticed that not a lot of Vangs are green hmong... is that true?
Hiya lil hmooj,

Didn't realize there's this many of you's in here either. Any how on this matter, like I told my in-laws, hopefully no one gets angry with me by saying this, but reason why I think the hmong who speaks white dialect can't speak green(nerve/ntsuab), whatever, is because their dialect is somewhat a lazy or stiff dialect. What I mean is that the full tongue motion isn't used when speaking. For example, compare English to French. To speak French, you fully used your lips and your tongue to speak while with English, you lips and tongue are a bit relaxed.

I'm not saying that this is the truth, but this is from experience. I'm speak what you call 'green' dialect, while my wife speak 'white' dialect. I married her from Laos not too long ago and when I tried to teach her English, she had a hard time learning some English words. I told her that if she can learn my dialect, then she'll have an easier time learning 'English' due to the white dialect. For those of you who grew up speaking English at an early age, you would not know...

Sorry about rambling on with my deep thoughts...Any how...thought I share my deep thoughts... Happy New Years and Merry Christmas with those of you are believe in Christ.

CAve_MAN

Post by CAve_MAN » Dec 22nd, '05, 15:35

wow i didnt know there was this much hmong D-Addicts in here :P its a good thing i started this topic...i thought i was the only hmong in here...anyways im a Vang and um hmong white...and hope to see everyone in fresno for the new year ;)

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY (HMONG) NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!!

blongi

Post by blongi » Dec 24th, '05, 13:04

WOW....i thought i was only hmong person here...wells....i'm a moua and i'm green...most people here from cali??...i from cali....wells...glad to know i'm not only one.....merry christmas and happy new year

c3cilia

Post by c3cilia » Dec 27th, '05, 00:06

wow..didn't know that there are that many of us here..:shocked:

i see Sunstar here......hm?..vangpire..saw in Ijuksa thread..glad there's another bi addict like me in here too.. :-)

everyone else?..no clue..but so cool that there's alot of us enjoy the ORIGINAL VERSION of kdrama..:

i hate reading backlog..so i only glimps at the first page..

anyway..nice meeting all of you here..i'm a d-addict leechers back in the old day..or maybe i did lost my id long time ago.not quite sure either..but anyway..

just wanna introduce myself..
I'm cecilia
from schofield , wisconsin
100% hmong green..

DID EVERYONE HAVE A NICE X-MAS?

CAve_MAN

Post by CAve_MAN » Dec 28th, '05, 08:20

my christmas sure start out pretty good...i went to san francisco just got back...love the city but cannot imagine myself living there :P anyways im heading to the fresno new year tomorrow lol even though i live here i only go 1 or 2 days only...so i'll let ya know if you're missing out or not :P

anglvue

Post by anglvue » Jan 1st, '06, 04:16

happy new year! i went to the fresno new year the first day and there were a lot of people. i wore hmong clothes for my mom and was hoping to not have to go back there but i had to go on friday the 30th and am being forced to return in hmong clothes tomorrow, the 1st. i love my mom and so am willing to wear it for her but every new year has been bad since my freshman year in college. this year has been the most heart breaking. anyhow i'll stop my ranting and say that as soon as my brother sends me the cord to transfer the photos i'll post up some pictures.

does anyone feel like they're too old for the new year? my first day there included a guy asking me how old i was and his jaw dropping when i said i was 22. that was depressing! hahaha...i wish i was 18 again. anyone feel that way?

CAve_MAN

Post by CAve_MAN » Jan 1st, '06, 10:52

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! may this year be more joyful than the one before :)

sadly but no i havent gone to the fresno new year yet...maybe today(the last day) i will

i love like to see pix of you in hmong clothes angelvue :)

anbu41

Post by anbu41 » Jan 2nd, '06, 15:24

whoa. kuv xaav ntshe tias kuv yog tib tug Hmoob hauv nov xwb na has.

---translation---

whoa. i thought that i was the only Hmong in here.

anglvue

Post by anglvue » Jan 3rd, '06, 02:42

CAve_MAN wrote:HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! may this year be more joyful than the one before :)

sadly but no i havent gone to the fresno new year yet...maybe today(the last day) i will

i love like to see pix of you in hmong clothes angelvue :)

ahhh!!! no way!!!! hahaha...i hate taking pictures but i don't mind taking pictures of other people, and i took many of those just to post them on here. too bad those people have no idea they'll be on here for the whole world to see! ah hahaha... :mrgreen:

xiong

If you don't know, ask.

Post by xiong » Jan 3rd, '06, 03:58

mrs_xaiko wrote:.....vang pride......but guess i'm a lee now since i got married.....

Hey...don't forget bout me!

I thought i'm the only one here, save by the bell.

All you do is ASK. :argue:

crossvii

Post by crossvii » Jan 3rd, '06, 04:06

Sunstar, I didn't know you were hmong too.... :P

Nyob zoo nej :thumright:

anbu41

Post by anbu41 » Jan 3rd, '06, 05:31

I'm a Lee, white/striped, speak both white and green, because my church speaks mostly gree.

Zong

Post by Zong » Jan 3rd, '06, 09:35

Nyob Zoo !!!! :salut:
I am a Hmong and i live in France
Kuv yoj Hmong Thoj :D

CAve_MAN

Post by CAve_MAN » Jan 3rd, '06, 11:40

how nice we have all hmong peeps all over the world :)

anyways im just curious what everyone is watching right now...i just finish watching "a love to kill" i thought it was a good drama...what you guys think???

currently watching lovers in prague

mrs_xaiko

Post by mrs_xaiko » Jan 3rd, '06, 15:22

well i just finished watching sassy girl choon hyang and im sorry i love you and currently watching my name is kim sam soon

nedayaj

Post by nedayaj » Jan 4th, '06, 01:30

Hello! Wow there is alot of hmong too... Hmong Pride.. ForSho... Gosh there are ao many hmong people that i would of never thought you were hmong... With the pictures, avatars and banners you guys have look so chinesey/koreanish/japish...

Oh i'm watching:
Green Forest
It started with a kiss
and many more...

Oh can anyone speak Mandarin...
I can speak alittle and understand half of what their saying...

CAve_MAN

Post by CAve_MAN » Jan 4th, '06, 11:11

hehe speak Mandarin hmm...um...no but i understand a few korean words LOL :P

blongi

Post by blongi » Jan 4th, '06, 11:47

Just finished watching Country Princess....not watching anything right now...but looking for Into the Sun.....can't find it though....i'll keep looking....for now...i'll move on to another....any recommendations??...thanks

tkhan02

Post by tkhan02 » Jan 5th, '06, 00:19

:goggle: :goggle: :lol :lol WOW looking all the hmong that are here on addicts.... :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

I guest there are more hmong than expected. you guys can count me in.

location is St. Paul, MN. i havn't seen anyone from MN yet... I guest its close to WI so that should count too.

Maybe someone can upload/share those hmong movie and the we can have fansub to subtitle it.... :D

crossvii

Post by crossvii » Jan 5th, '06, 07:30

tkhan02 wrote::goggle: :goggle: :lol :lol WOW looking all the hmong that are here on addicts.... :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

I guest there are more hmong than expected. you guys can count me in.

location is St. Paul, MN. i havn't seen anyone from MN yet... I guest its close to WI so that should count too.

Maybe someone can upload/share those hmong movie and the we can have fansub to subtitle it.... :D
Haha..peb cov drama tsis tau haib txaus. Tseem tshuav ntev peb mas caum cuag luas.

Anyone seen Hlub Mus Ib Sim? The story dragged alittle, but the cinematography was so awesome :cheers: Now if we can only get some nice script-writers + actors/actresses who are willing to break out of the box........... :whistling:

nedayaj

Post by nedayaj » Jan 5th, '06, 15:07

I agree, our movies aren't that good yet... its too slow, draggy, and boring... but the filming is getting better. But we seriously do need new actors and actress. There are so many pretty hmong girls and hot guys. I think hmong people are one of the hottest...

but then we could and see how other people would rate it... i would rate it very low.. but it'll be interesting...

oh it'll be nice if someone can upload one, and edit it, to make it go faster, and cut out scenes that arent necessary...

oh i know this hmong movie that was played at the theaters at Mn. and had english subs. But then i don't remember the title. All i know is the movies is kind funny, because the guy is alittle short and the heroine looks bigger then him.

crossvii

Post by crossvii » Jan 5th, '06, 15:18

It seems like subtitles aren't a problem for peb cov movies nas. They're showing up with more and more dvd releases. Tasis, I still don't think there's potential for a real drama that lasts some 30-40 eps.

And about the actors/actresses, I'm with you. There's alot of talent here, but seems like the directors don't go out of their way to find these people...what a shame. Some faces need to go (i.e. Xaab!).

tkhan02

Post by tkhan02 » Jan 5th, '06, 17:30

nedayaj wrote:I agree, our movies aren't that good yet... its too slow, draggy, and boring... but the filming is getting better. But we seriously do need new actors and actress. There are so many pretty hmong girls and hot guys. I think hmong people are one of the hottest...

but then we could and see how other people would rate it... i would rate it very low.. but it'll be interesting...

oh it'll be nice if someone can upload one, and edit it, to make it go faster, and cut out scenes that arent necessary...

oh i know this hmong movie that was played at the theaters at Mn. and had english subs. But then i don't remember the title. All i know is the movies is kind funny, because the guy is alittle short and the heroine looks bigger then him.

That movie that play at MN.. I think its "Kuv Leej Niam" :whistling: I think. The first movie was Okay.. I have to admit, new character and new faces for once. But since the 2nd one came out, I never bought that one.. too boring and I just don't think it was a Must to make. I really like how they show all those beautiful place.

What i think is almost all hmong movie (99%) of the time it either mostly love between a poor guy or poor girl + how bad their relative treats thems which after seeing about 10+ movie about the same thing.. its really boring :-(

Then also its bad for your younger bro and sister who are between 2 - 6 years.. since most hmong parents don't care what rating their child should watch. In return, these child will learn all those stupid thing and if they are smart, don't repeat them but chances are the apples don't fall far from their trees. :D

I think the most important thing hmong people should change is judging people. last week i went to get a hair done, and guest what my parents told me.... :argue: :argue: "alkdfjaldfld;aj, you know that bad example for your younger bro and sis." :cry: This really need to change if we want to advance like others...

CAve_MAN

Post by CAve_MAN » Jan 6th, '06, 12:39

hey subbing hmong movies and dramas not a bad idea...lol but its true our cast do suck compare to others :P but hey its not a bad idea ;)

jj

Post by jj » Jan 6th, '06, 13:11

How about a homemade one since the movies suck and there aren't any good 'dramas.' q:

I feel kinda old [d-addicts wise] seeing all these hmong faces.

Nice to meet all of you, I thought I was alone for awhile. I missed this thread due to my hectic schedule. ]:

Kuv yog hmoob Minnesota. [:

tkhan02

Post by tkhan02 » Jan 6th, '06, 17:01

jj wrote:How about a homemade one since the movies suck and there aren't any good 'dramas.' q:

I feel kinda old [d-addicts wise] seeing all these hmong faces.

Nice to meet all of you, I thought I was alone for awhile. I missed this thread due to my hectic schedule. ]:

Kuv yog hmoob Minnesota. [:
:D awesome... :cheers: finally another friend from MN.. Nice to me u too..

are you in the twin city? :nuts:

nedayaj

Post by nedayaj » Jan 7th, '06, 00:59

OMG.. lol.. it would be interesting if we had a homemade one... its true, it may have the potential to be even way better then all those hmong movies out there... lol... very sad indeed... lol...

crossvii

Post by crossvii » Jan 7th, '06, 01:15

nedayaj wrote:OMG.. lol.. it would be interesting if we had a homemade one... its true, it may have the potential to be even way better then all those hmong movies out there... lol... very sad indeed... lol...
Ahaha... My cuz & I already made one.... pwhahaa.. makes me crack up just thinkin about it. We based it off the so-extremely-cheesy-horror flick called "MEE." I was surprised we made it last 10 minutes long lolz.

mrs_xaiko

Post by mrs_xaiko » Jan 24th, '06, 14:33

hmm....i was just curious....but anyone else in here married??....