5%

Total votes: 219

:bunny:
Fansubber
Fansubber

Australian D-Addicts

Post by :bunny: » Jul 26th, '05, 09:01

makes me wonder too how many people here in Australia ^^

PS: it's hard keeping up wif the download quota, isn't it?

edit:changed the subject title from J-drama to Drama ^^
edit2: added poll ^^

DRAMAS AROUND AUSTRALIA GAME
instead of updating the list all the time, i'll put the link to jtv.chris' post instead ^^
here you go http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... 488#238488

DRAMAS AROUND AUSTRALIA 2nd GAME
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... 143#336143
Last edited by :bunny: on Jan 30th, '06, 07:10, edited 5 times in total.

Kurusawa

Post by Kurusawa » Jul 26th, '05, 09:15

Yup.. I'm on a 512/128 30GB/30GB Plan.. have to limit d/l to pretty much 1gb per day so that I won't get shaped.. Thank god for Azureus Speed Scheduler! Cos I can't stay up till 12am to start/pause downloads :lol
Sometimes there are too many dramas that get released at once and by the time I finished 1 series all the seeds are gone... oh well guess you can't have everything... :roll

Edit: I pay $72/mth with Westnet. Speed is not the problem for me, it is the god damn d/l limit.. Honestly 30gb/mth off peak, which is from 12am-7am, is too much.. on the other hand 30gb/mth Peak is not enough... Wish it was 40/20 because I never fill up 30gb off peak no matter how hard I tried..
Last edited by Kurusawa on Jul 27th, '05, 08:50, edited 1 time in total.

holang

Post by holang » Jul 26th, '05, 10:10

I am on 1.5Unlimited (Netspace). Now the quota of d/l is getting smaller, because of network load. all people are trying to maintain their connection in green, so do i. :P

I am in Australia (Melb).

alchemy101

Post by alchemy101 » Jul 26th, '05, 10:38

Considering that the speeds we get in Australia are a complete joke to everyone else in the world...
It's a major pain to download (and a very expensive pain at that). I always fear that the seeds close before i get a chance to download everything, owing to the fact i'm probably downloading 5 times slower than anyone else while keeping an eye on my download limit.

Oh and i'm from Melb

yukichan

Post by yukichan » Jul 26th, '05, 10:44

Hehe yeah, we aussies get the bottom end of the straw! :(
But thankfully, things are slowly (very slowly) picking up..
I'm finally on an iinet dslam, so I get around 5Mbps/1Mbps, but with only 80gb, I still get shaped back to modem speeds by the end of the month :( Ouch!!
Too many good dramas to watch! :P

cloud78

Post by cloud78 » Jul 26th, '05, 10:51

I am with iinet as well, and connected at 12Mbps/1Mbps, I am on 80Gb planas well, and I also feel 80GB is too little for downloading dramas,
I always need to carefully plan on what I download.

knuckles

Post by knuckles » Jul 26th, '05, 10:53

Plans with no download limit are available.
Last edited by knuckles on Sep 23rd, '08, 22:39, edited 1 time in total.

Akiramike
Fansubber
Fansubber
Australia

Post by Akiramike » Jul 26th, '05, 11:54

I'm on TSN's unlimited 512/128. The slow upload speed in Australia sucks. Its hard to get unlimited downloads without stupid shaping in Oz.

512/512 costs as much as 1.5/256. DSL2 is out but the download limits are too slow for such high speeds. Bloody Telstra and their monopoly. I'm currently like 3 days behind on jdramas and its a hard slog trying to catch up.

animetama
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by animetama » Jul 26th, '05, 12:11

I'm sadly *still* waiting for exchange to be iislamed >_<
it was scheduled for Q2 2005 but got pushed back! Doh!
One of my connection is with Netspace, 1500 unlimited, but the quota's dropped so much it's now a joke.
Currently, I'm in amber @ just over 10GB >_<
5 more days till the end of the month and I've been capped (painfully) for a week already with WesNet going over 70GB.. slug paced horror >_<
I've been trying to replace about 200GB of stuffs lost in a hdd crash :cry:
Anyway, I'm trying out a newbie'ish isp, SkyWays.. apparently, no caps, no limits..
Churning next month, yay! Heard some were doing in excess of 200GB! :sweat:

Oh wait, J-Dramas! hehe
Anyone fired up with Engine? I was abit "ho hum" with it.. but it's picking up for me, now.. finally..

What are the speeds like with clubbox? I was downloading @ ~5-10kbs..
Gave up after a week.. sooooo slow!

Go Aussies!
Cheerio.

btw: Brissie here :)

axela

Post by axela » Jul 26th, '05, 12:22

I'm in Melbourne with optus, get 12gb daytime and 24gb offpeak and that still not enough. Azereus takes care of the night download speed. So much dorama, anime and music to download. :crazy:

WIsh the broadband here was faster and cheaper!!

Y_T

Post by Y_T » Jul 26th, '05, 12:25

Another one from Melbourne here!

I'm on 512/128 with Internode. Pretty good with unlimited downloads.

I pay 100 bucks a month. My downloads speeds reach 50 kb max.... sometimes reaches 60kb but rarely

Interested to know how fast you guys get...

Btw how much are you all paying??

kana

Australia Internet

Post by kana » Jul 26th, '05, 12:59

For you : Y_T
In Canada for Hight speed :DL from Av.120>300Kbps and cost $35 >$50.Cnd.

trec
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by trec » Jul 26th, '05, 13:39

Another Aussie here! :] I'm from Adelaide though, where's all the adelaidians on d-addicts? hehe.

Well speaking of dl quota, mines pretty gay ~_~" I'm on TPG 1.5MB/256kbs with only 20gb a month for $49.95. I can't stand 20gb/month ~_~" Drama files are so much larger than anime, I was fine with downloading anime all the time, but now, i'm always getting capped :/

Hopefully I can change ISP soon, I'm planning on getting Adam Internet ADSL2, with 24MB/1MB , 40gb/month for $59.95. ...It looks good, but still the bandwidth is gay~_~ I want cheap prices!

Akiramike
Fansubber
Fansubber
Australia

Post by Akiramike » Jul 26th, '05, 13:51

Y_T wrote:Another one from Melbourne here!

I'm on 512/128 with Internode. Pretty good with unlimited downloads.

I pay 100 bucks a month. My downloads speeds reach 50 kb max.... sometimes reaches 60kb but rarely

Interested to know how fast you guys get...

Btw how much are you all paying??
$80 a month. They sometimes shape my connection but it doesn't happen often. The best price IMO is Dodo. Two of my friends have been using it and it seems pretty good, despite what most people in whirlpool says. Another crappy thing about Oz is it costs $100+ to reconnect your broadband when u change phone lines/move house unless you're willing to be tied into one of those 2 year contracts. Not to mention that it can take a long time for your connection to be enabled. Can't believe how many people here are on limited plans.

moonlite51: yeah Oz is bloody expensive. Telstra owns all the lines so there's no rush for them to give us good plans. Not to mention they use a lot of shoddy tactics. Better stop now or I'll be venting all my frustrations with Telstra....

slashdevdsp

kiwi in aus :)

Post by slashdevdsp » Jul 26th, '05, 14:08

Me in Brisbane :)

tpg with 1.5Mb/512Kb with 20GB limit ? wtf limit ? bah I smash all limits in just 5 days, then screetching to a superfast 64kb arrrrghh.....

20gb is insane cant do much, lucky me my friend has got unlimited, ask him to download the {j/k}dramas :) hehe

I pay $50pm, not bad but i think the 20GB could have been 40GB :pale:

nitesaint

Post by nitesaint » Jul 26th, '05, 14:24

Hie there slashdevdsp! I am currently in Adelaide.I am on Internode on 512kpbs with only 15gb download limit. :-(
Planned to change to unlimited...but some companies needed a long contract.
Anyway what Jdramas you downloaded which accumulated to 20gb in 5days!??

slashdevdsp

ahh 20gb vanished BIIG QUESTION :)

Post by slashdevdsp » Jul 26th, '05, 14:37

ahh 20gb vanished BIIG QUESTION :)

Well various distributions Linux ISOs :)

Others:

(anime)
Yakitate Japan ( baking bread damn funny )
Kenshin ( This samurai one rulez )
bleach ( not bad too )
naruto ( holy crap iits biiiiiiiiiiiig :p n never ending )

(jdrama)
summer snow ( I can never get over this one woahh sooo .... got n words to describe it, My Fav ) Ohh n a Super Big fan of Royoko :) hehe
Beautiful days ( not bad but summer snow rulez.. )
Hero ( Quite good especially quite different to what I have watched :) )

(kdrama)
full house ( havent watch it yet )

hmm dunno what else.... ahhh
bleeding edge kde from svn to compile :) i think raw about 1.5g if u get the whole tree
Ohh not to forget "amarok" da best damn music player :) I compile it almost every 2 days :w00t: :w00t:

Ohh n after comming back from skool nothing else to do, n I dont watch TV *really* :)

Currently listening to: Nanko... by Yuki Kimura, Best Selection - album ( soft song, I like soft music :) ) :wub:

damn dunno how many times i have edited this post ... :) Its perfect now :mrgreen:

Ohh dont forget to check my Desktop :) at http://users.tpg.com.au/devdsp/snapshot8.jpg

Cheers
Last edited by slashdevdsp on Jul 26th, '05, 15:15, edited 6 times in total.

kawaiii

Post by kawaiii » Jul 26th, '05, 14:42

Me from Melbourneeeee :D
I'm using iinet on 20GB/20GB plan and now my peak speed is capped :cry: :cry: :cry:
I agree the broadband here sucks, very expensive :cussing:
Wish the broadband is cheaper and faster.

athrunjustice

Post by athrunjustice » Jul 26th, '05, 14:56

from melb also on bp 512 eerrr

i dont dl live series only anime and etc....

wow alot of ppl from melb

Tekuza

Post by Tekuza » Jul 26th, '05, 15:15

I'm from sydney and gotta say once you've downloaded most series and downloading the new one's you'll notice you don't need the speed that much anymore i'm on unlimited 1.5mb/256 and i think i've kept up with every series there is to date including Fashion 70s which i'm downloading now. (My point trying to get out is that if you go unlimited you'll notice there isn't any series to look forward to downloading since you've probab;y downloaded it already)

Currently i'm watching MISA again for the second time coz i just got the boxset :P but recently there hasn't been any great series for me after MISA and Save the Last Dance :blink so i think the speeds are fine atm but i can't wait till 12MB will be unlimited here but question is will there be anything great to download :glare:

blehbear

Post by blehbear » Jul 26th, '05, 21:17

Another aussie here from brisbane.. not really a j-drama addict however. This thread should be renamed Australian D-addicts ^^.

Resie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Resie » Jul 26th, '05, 21:38

weeee~ *hugs all the aussies* I'm down here in Hobart, on netspaces unlimited 512 I share my connection with 3 ppl so it's not so easy to get everything I'd like with such a fluctuating connection :cry: mmmmm I think my favourite drama would be Nine Tailed Fox (i bought it on dvd!)

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Jul 27th, '05, 02:30

Brisbane

Internode 1500/256 FLATRATE $150/month. Its pretty good, 7 days rolling total instead of most ISP's monthly total so big download days get rolled off quicker.

Not complaining too much about downloading speed but uploading speed sux.

I don't download my dramas with that connection anymore, I get all my drama through...other...connections :mrgreen:

kawaiii

Post by kawaiii » Jul 27th, '05, 05:58

Ruroshin wrote:Brisbane
Never know Ruroshin is in Australia :P
Ruroshin wrote:I don't download my dramas with that connection anymore, I get all my drama through...other...connections :mrgreen:
other connection??? :nuts:

kawaiii

Post by kawaiii » Jul 27th, '05, 06:00

blehbear wrote:not really a j-drama addict however. This thread should be renamed Australian D-addicts ^^.
Agreee :D
I'm a drama addict, not just j-drama :mrgreen:

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Jul 27th, '05, 08:18

kawaiii wrote: other connection??? :nuts:
*coughworkcough*

uniquo

Post by uniquo » Jul 27th, '05, 09:06

shiftreload is not bad... price is a bit steep though... I pay $75/mth for 512/128 unlimited. They have great service and I usually max out my connection.

dslade555

Post by dslade555 » Jul 27th, '05, 10:40

I live in North-East and East Melbourne suburbia, I am currently on two Ozforces 1.5mbit adsl net connections, one being my personal adsl connection at my parents home in Greensboroughand the other being shared with my roomies in Box Hill. The plan cost about $90 and the 512kbit variant is now down to about $70 and 256mbit is ~$50. Even during the short time that Ozforces temporarily lowered their download quota to 10gb/month when they moved to the new telstra network from their previous wholesaler 'comindico' I was still bringing in 260gb/month (145kb/s average), and early on this year I was on 512mbit and bringing in 120gb/month and receiving 54kb/s average, all ozforces adsl plans are now back to being officially 'unlimited'. The mentioned downloaded data per a month only includes data from my home net connection, I only download asian drama from that connection anyway. Just as much is downloaded from other internet connection though, just not so much by me.

I sometimes now have a hard time finding stuff to download, downloading from D-Addicts alone used to consume an entire 512kbit (24/7) connection and I had to occasionally drop some downloads to catchup but now the torrents coming in have slowed a great deal and I barely have anything on queue coming from D-Addicts, and Clubbox no longer works on my system so I can not download off that. Been downloading drama since 2003 as I found D-Addicts back then so since I have alot of the dramas I no longer download off the series of the week/month, so I guess alot of load is released just from there. Makes no real difference in me running out of stuff to watch though as I have alot of drama on disk which I havnt watched and due to time restrictions will only have time for the best and completed dramas (I have 38hrs of classes a week over 6 days, not much time left unless I skipped out on other things).

I have 987gb of drama and ~700gb of anime.

yukichan

Post by yukichan » Jul 27th, '05, 11:13

Wow! Lots of Melburnians here!! (I'm one too! :) )
It's a pity a lot of isp's stopped the free binary newsgroups (that don't count towards our quota), otherwise we could all share the jdorama we get around for free.

uniquo

Post by uniquo » Jul 27th, '05, 11:41

dslade555 wrote:I live in North-East and East Melbourne suburbia, I am currently on two Ozforces 1.5mbit adsl net connections, one being my personal adsl connection at my parents home in Greensboroughand the other being shared with my roomies in Box Hill. The plan cost about $90 and the 512kbit variant is now down to about $70 and 256mbit is ~$50. Even during the short time that Ozforces temporarily lowered their download quota to 10gb/month when they moved to the new telstra network from their previous wholesaler 'comindico' I was still bringing in 260gb/month (145kb/s average), and early on this year I was on 512mbit and bringing in 120gb/month and receiving 54kb/s average, all ozforces adsl plans are now back to being officially 'unlimited'. The mentioned downloaded data per a month only includes data from my home net connection, I only download asian drama from that connection anyway. Just as much is downloaded from other internet connection though, just not so much by me.

I sometimes now have a hard time finding stuff to download, downloading from D-Addicts alone used to consume an entire 512kbit (24/7) connection and I had to occasionally drop some downloads to catchup but now the torrents coming in have slowed a great deal and I barely have anything on queue coming from D-Addicts, and Clubbox no longer works on my system so I can not download off that. Been downloading drama since 2003 as I found D-Addicts back then so since I have alot of the dramas I no longer download off the series of the week/month, so I guess alot of load is released just from there. Makes no real difference in me running out of stuff to watch though as I have alot of drama on disk which I havnt watched and due to time restrictions will only have time for the best and completed dramas (I have 38hrs of classes a week over 6 days, not much time left unless I skipped out on other things).

how do you store all your d/led material? I am having such trouble and I haven't dled as much as you have. give us a snapshot of how you store it? it might give ppl running low on storage space an idea of what to do.

Akiramike
Fansubber
Fansubber
Australia

Post by Akiramike » Jul 27th, '05, 11:49

uniquo wrote:how do you store all your d/led material? I am having such trouble and I haven't dled as much as you have. give us a snapshot of how you store it? it might give ppl running low on storage space an idea of what to do.
I'm guessing tons and tons of dvds.

kawaiii

Post by kawaiii » Jul 27th, '05, 14:21

Ruroshin wrote:
kawaiii wrote: other connection??? :nuts:
*coughworkcough*
:faint: Never imagine this would be the answer, haha.. :sweat:
Doesn't the company limit you from downloading too much?
Mind telling me where u work?
:glare: I should do the same when I start working :mrgreen:
Last edited by kawaiii on Jul 27th, '05, 14:27, edited 1 time in total.

kawaiii

Post by kawaiii » Jul 27th, '05, 14:25

Akiramike wrote:
uniquo wrote:how do you store all your d/led material? I am having such trouble and I haven't dled as much as you have. give us a snapshot of how you store it? it might give ppl running low on storage space an idea of what to do.
I'm guessing tons and tons of dvds.
I guess so.. :unsure:

Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by :bunny: » Jul 28th, '05, 01:31

wew...there are lots of people from Melb here, never expect that hehe ^^
prolly we can copy each other files so we can save our download quota hehehe :p

athrunjustice

Post by athrunjustice » Jul 28th, '05, 02:30

wow alot of melbournians :D:D, that dude with the huge backup of drama and anime, wanna lanparty one day so we can all leech urs?

minimalistix

Post by minimalistix » Jul 28th, '05, 03:09

i am with tpg 1.5MB unlimited. I pay 150 per month but i average 200GB. I hate being on a limit and having to watch my downloads. I breached the limit a couple times when i was on optus cable during the netstats fiasco. It was good for a while when they just started out and everyone was unlimited. I still remember downloading files at 4-500KB per second. Too bad dramas weren't as big on the internet back then. It saddens me that Australia is lagging so far behind in terms of connection speed and I doubt that any big changes will be happening soon.

airskape

Post by airskape » Jul 28th, '05, 03:15

melb here too :lol

dslade555

Post by dslade555 » Jul 28th, '05, 04:31

uniquo wrote:
dslade555 wrote:I live in North-East and East Melbourne suburbia, I am currently on two Ozforces 1.5mbit adsl net connections, one being my personal adsl connection at my parents home in Greensboroughand the other being shared with my roomies in Box Hill. The plan cost about $90 and the 512kbit variant is now down to about $70 and 256mbit is ~$50. Even during the short time that Ozforces temporarily lowered their download quota to 10gb/month when they moved to the new telstra network from their previous wholesaler 'comindico' I was still bringing in 260gb/month (145kb/s average), and early on this year I was on 512mbit and bringing in 120gb/month and receiving 54kb/s average, all ozforces adsl plans are now back to being officially 'unlimited'. The mentioned downloaded data per a month only includes data from my home net connection, I only download asian drama from that connection anyway. Just as much is downloaded from other internet connection though, just not so much by me.

how do you store all your d/led material? I am having such trouble and I haven't dled as much as you have. give us a snapshot of how you store it? it might give ppl running low on storage space an idea of what to do.
I store most things on hard disk but once a series is completed and all external subs for it have been released I then backup to dvdr (so far have 400+ burnt dvdr's). On my pc I have 2xSG200gb (+ one more on xbox) and a WD120GB and also two external hard disks, 'Lacie 1TB 5.25"' and 'Seagate 40GB 2.5"'. My brother has over 1TB of seagate 200-300GB hard drives and room mates also have plenty of disk space over the entire network, using all these resources I manage to store alot of stuff.

Regarding the comment about holding a lan for leeching, I actually come to most every Shafted lan event (located in La Trobe Bundoora), I was at the last one and there were also several other jdrama addicts. I bring all my dvdrs to shafted and share some stuff over DC++ but I could maybe also go to another lan but its hard for me to go to lans outside of the school holidays, could always try though.

I have a tradelist in an excel workbook which displays most series I have, I dont share it over the web but Ill send it to people who msg/email me for it, I have just filled in some details to my D-Addicts membership so now my msn and email should display.

Also I can not provide a snapshot of the physical storage as I do not have a digital camera and I dont have anything to transfer an image from my mobile to pc. I store my hard drives in my Lian Li V1200B case and store dvdrs (princo/ritek/verbatim) in two 'King Box 600P' 600pcs cd/dvd chest which I each picked up for $41 at Box Hill swapmeet some months ago.

Y_T

Post by Y_T » Jul 28th, '05, 05:18

minimalistix wrote:i am with tpg 1.5MB unlimited. I pay 150 per month but i average 200GB. I hate being on a limit and having to watch my downloads. I breached the limit a couple times when i was on optus cable during the netstats fiasco. It was good for a while when they just started out and everyone was unlimited. I still remember downloading files at 4-500KB per second. Too bad dramas weren't as big on the internet back then. It saddens me that Australia is lagging so far behind in terms of connection speed and I doubt that any big changes will be happening soon.

wow, you get sppeds of 4-500KB per second.
Maybe I should change to 1.5mb :O
But to pay an extra 50 a month is probably not worth it...

A lot of people are still using dial up. To see prices drop there would have to be
more people using it :roll Sighs... when will that happen!

kawaiii

Post by kawaiii » Jul 28th, '05, 15:04

dslade555 wrote:I store most things on hard disk but once a series is completed and all external subs for it have been released I then backup to dvdr (so far have 400+ burnt dvdr's). On my pc I have 2xSG200gb (+ one more on xbox) and a WD120GB and also two external hard disks, 'Lacie 1TB 5.25"' and 'Seagate 40GB 2.5"'. My brother has over 1TB of seagate 200-300GB hard drives and room mates also have plenty of disk space over the entire network, using all these resources I manage to store alot of stuff.
:goggle: :goggle: :goggle: Woww..this is amazinggg. u sure have lots of dramas and ways of storing them, haha..mine is way too far from urs :sweat:
dslade555 wrote:Regarding the comment about holding a lan for leeching, I actually come to most every Shafted lan event (located in La Trobe Bundoora), I was at the last one and there were also several other jdrama addicts. I bring all my dvdrs to shafted and share some stuff over DC++ but I could maybe also go to another lan but its hard for me to go to lans outside of the school holidays, could always try though.
:blink :blink :blink Never know there is such event. How do u know? Mind telling a bit about it? :wub:

minimalistix

Post by minimalistix » Jul 28th, '05, 22:21

4-500KB was on cable. 1.5MB adsl will get a around 140-150KB max
sorry for the confusion.

dslade555

Post by dslade555 » Jul 28th, '05, 23:08

kawaiii wrote:
dslade555 wrote:Regarding the comment about holding a lan for leeching, I actually come to most every Shafted lan event (located in La Trobe Bundoora), I was at the last one and there were also several other jdrama addicts. I bring all my dvdrs to shafted and share some stuff over DC++ but I could maybe also go to another lan but its hard for me to go to lans outside of the school holidays, could always try though.
:blink :blink :blink Never know there is such event. How do u know? Mind telling a bit about it? :wub:
Shafted and many other public lan events around australia all advertise and require signup at ausgamers.com. The lan events are their for the purpose of sometimes hundreds of gamers gathering and bringing their own computer to a single location on a 100/1000mbit network. Lans go for an entire weekend (saturday 10am to sunday 3pm) and cost between $10-35AUD. Many people such as myself are not actaully pc gamers but go to these lans for the purpose of leeching files off each other, you will generally find at the larger lans (such as shafted) that more than half of the people their have DC++ (popular filesharing app) open and are sharing the contents of their computer. At the last shafted I think there were about 100 users sharing a total of something like 20TB of data, sometimes this is larger sometime smaller. I dont know whether it still is but shafted used to be the largest and most popular lan event in melbourne and probably australia. Shafted are usualy (or maybe always) held in school holidays but their are many lan groups which hold lans during the term.

kawaiii

Post by kawaiii » Jul 29th, '05, 10:55

dslade555 wrote:The lan events are their for the purpose of sometimes hundreds of gamers gathering and bringing their own computer to a single location on a 100/1000mbit network. Lans go for an entire weekend (saturday 10am to sunday 3pm).
At the last shafted I think there were about 100 users sharing a total of something like 20TB of data, sometimes this is larger sometime smaller.
:crazy: Does that mean u have to bring ur whole set of pc with large space on ur harddisk? and stay overnight there?

NaTsUmE_MaYa

Post by NaTsUmE_MaYa » Jul 29th, '05, 11:50

here's one more D-addict from brisbane.. :w00t:

dslade555

Post by dslade555 » Jul 30th, '05, 08:37

kawaiii wrote:
dslade555 wrote:The lan events are their for the purpose of sometimes hundreds of gamers gathering and bringing their own computer to a single location on a 100/1000mbit network. Lans go for an entire weekend (saturday 10am to sunday 3pm).
At the last shafted I think there were about 100 users sharing a total of something like 20TB of data, sometimes this is larger sometime smaller.
:crazy: Does that mean u have to bring ur whole set of pc with large space on ur harddisk? and stay overnight there?
Yes it does, here is a photo of a previous shafted: (http://shafted.com.au/photos/displayima ... m=60&pos=6), that's like a a quarter of the people there, that one probably had like 400 players, last one had like 100-200. If your worrying about pc getting stolen I reckon it is generally pretty safe there, I have never heard of someone having things stolen and I certainly would of experienced it if anyone as I generally have amongst the most expensive equipment/hardware there and spend alot of the time away from the computer.

Also they have places where people can sleep or you could go to a motel, some dont sleep at all during the whole event.

lolipss
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by lolipss » Jul 30th, '05, 08:43

melbourne here with dodo 1.5mb unlimited plan $50 3 months special :P

download non stop 24/7 :lol :lol

maxkwalat

Post by maxkwalat » Jul 30th, '05, 08:56

WOW!! I use to live in melbourne 3 years ago back then I only had modem because cable internet was way expensive.
I live in the USA now, pay about 14.95 usa dollars for unlimited dl's and connected at 10-15mbs dsl

man, australia needs to update its internet providing services with more cheaper and efficient functions. I mean this is the first time i've heard of "limited downloads"

Btw any changes in melbourne? very curious to find out, i use to live in box hil area

Scarface

Post by Scarface » Jul 30th, '05, 09:07

Last edited by Scarface on May 8th, '06, 11:37, edited 1 time in total.

Y_T

Post by Y_T » Jul 30th, '05, 11:51

lolipss wrote:melbourne here with dodo 1.5mb unlimited plan $50 3 months special :P

download non stop 24/7 :lol :lol
hey, I've only got 512kbit and I'm paying double what your paying :crazy:

Is the special still on????? :O :O

Or do they revert back to normal prices after 3 months :glare:

purplerain

Post by purplerain » Jul 30th, '05, 12:00

not really j-addict but k-addict :)

from melbourne! sth eastern suburbs

im currently on iinet 512 adsl. i get 40gig peak d/l and 40 offpeak
including phone rental i think its $119.95 or something

athrunjustice

Post by athrunjustice » Jul 31st, '05, 04:04

do any of u guys mirc or use chat programs to share files around besides d++??

Akiramike
Fansubber
Fansubber
Australia

Post by Akiramike » Jul 31st, '05, 05:31

maxkwalat wrote:WOW!! I use to live in melbourne 3 years ago back then I only had modem because cable internet was way expensive.
I live in the USA now, pay about 14.95 usa dollars for unlimited dl's and connected at 10-15mbs dsl

man, australia needs to update its internet providing services with more cheaper and efficient functions. I mean this is the first time i've heard of "limited downloads"

Btw any changes in melbourne? very curious to find out, i use to live in box hil area
Not sure about box hill. I go only go there once in a while to eat. In the city there a new shopping place called QV and they remodelled Melb Central.

Did a head count of Melbournians on this thread and so far there are 14. That's quite a lot of people considering that english subtitled dramas are a niche thing and lots of people don't post in the forums.

Resie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Resie » Jul 31st, '05, 06:08

mmmmm yes there do seem to be alot of melbournians. looks like I might be the only Tassie :blink *kicks the wonky connection* Does anyone else have trouble with firewalls etc here? I've done the stuff I'm supposed like open the ports and stuff but none of it seems to help :/ I've had enormous trouble getting such series as Mars that have lots of seeds and I shouldn't have any problems getting :crazy: Oh yes I hang around alot on irc. Particulary in #boku-tachi@irc.irctoo.net. It's a manga scanlation grp I'm a part of.

agnes

Post by agnes » Jul 31st, '05, 07:49

recently became a j-drama addict after going to japan and watching a few eps over there in the holidays:)

mm.. Box Hill hasn't changed much:S depends on when you last went there I suppose but there's a new shopping center quite close to the old one but not that many people go there... Other than that a lot of new restaurants have opened there but I don't know about the actual suburb:)

anybody here with telstra?:P 10 gb limit :-( so not enough to download dramas.... but! luckily I also got my brother hooked on Pride so he won't mind having a slowed internet connection for a few days muahaha:)

Akiramike
Fansubber
Fansubber
Australia

Post by Akiramike » Jul 31st, '05, 14:31

Resie wrote:mmmmm yes there do seem to be alot of melbournians. looks like I might be the only Tassie :blink *kicks the wonky connection* Does anyone else have trouble with firewalls etc here? I've done the stuff I'm supposed like open the ports and stuff but none of it seems to help :/ I've had enormous trouble getting such series as Mars that have lots of seeds and I shouldn't have any problems getting :crazy: Oh yes I hang around alot on irc. Particulary in #boku-tachi@irc.irctoo.net. It's a manga scanlation grp I'm a part of.
Its better to ask in the support section with detailed info. I'm using McAfee for firewall but even though I've allowed bitcomet on McAfee, my speeds are better with my firewall off, especially for not so well seeded files.

kawaiii

Post by kawaiii » Jul 31st, '05, 14:56

dslade555 wrote:Yes it does, here is a photo of a previous shafted: (http://shafted.com.au/photos/displayima ... m=60&pos=6), that's like a a quarter of the people there, that one probably had like 400 players, last one had like 100-200.
:blink I can see this is a well-organised event :roll
dslade555 wrote:If your worrying about pc getting stolen I reckon it is generally pretty safe there, I have never heard of someone having things stolen and I certainly would of experienced it if anyone as I generally have amongst the most expensive equipment/hardware there and spend alot of the time away from the computer.
I'm not worrying about pc getting stolen, but the hassle to bring the whole set of computer, haha.. :sweat:
But I guess that won't be a problem when u think of the files to leech :P

kawaiii

Post by kawaiii » Jul 31st, '05, 15:01

Resie wrote:Does anyone else have trouble with firewalls etc here? I've done the stuff I'm supposed like open the ports and stuff but none of it seems to help :/ I've had enormous trouble getting such series as Mars that have lots of seeds and I shouldn't have any problems getting :crazy:
I experienced the same thing before...trying this and that, still..nothing helped.
But after a while the problem's gone by itself..and it's alright now..don't know what's happening :nuts:

athrunjustice

Post by athrunjustice » Jul 31st, '05, 15:48

Scarface wrote:Anyone sharing there J-Dorama through PIPE networks?
If your on the PIPE network you can download/upload without using your quota "free"

Check to see if your on PIPE here:

http://www.pipenetworks.com/Peering/who.shtml

If your interested please connect to irc.leechking.com

once connected join room #Area07

goto www.mirc.com to download the program to join IRC servers

I hope to see some of you there

------------------
posted with permission by CapnChron
------------------
i join the area07 channel, what they share in their? looks boring to me, im always on austnet channel atomicmpc or hard or if u got ur own and sharing through fserve i will join :D:D

Xr8-S

Post by Xr8-S » Jul 31st, '05, 16:29

Hi,

I'm in North Queensland and I can't get enough of asian dramas, especially wuxia/ancient/costume dramas or whatever you call them. But I'm not really into j-drama.

Anyway I'm paying $150 for an unlimited 1500/256 plan. My speeds vary from 1-164 kb depending on how many I'm downloading at once. And I am always downloading 24/7.

I store them on 3 x 200gb & 5 x 400gb drives at the moment. I have way too much trouble with dvd's, they're just to damn fragile and don't last very long.
I'm new to raid systems and I'm still trying to work out how to add a drive to a raid configuration that's already created. Just doesn't want to let me do it.

Scarface

Post by Scarface » Jul 31st, '05, 22:31

Last edited by Scarface on May 8th, '06, 11:34, edited 1 time in total.

athrunjustice

Post by athrunjustice » Aug 1st, '05, 02:31

Scarface wrote:
athrunjustice wrote:
Scarface wrote:Anyone sharing there J-Dorama through PIPE networks?
If your on the PIPE network you can download/upload without using your quota "free"

Check to see if your on PIPE here:

http://www.pipenetworks.com/Peering/who.shtml

If your interested please connect to irc.leechking.com

once connected join room #Area07

goto www.mirc.com to download the program to join IRC servers

I hope to see some of you there

------------------
posted with permission by CapnChron
------------------
i join the area07 channel, what they share in their? looks boring to me, im always on austnet channel atomicmpc or hard or if u got ur own and sharing through fserve i will join :D:D

Check the channel topic in the chat room
wats ur nick on there? im skoko

Scarface

Post by Scarface » Aug 1st, '05, 04:55

Last edited by Scarface on May 8th, '06, 11:35, edited 1 time in total.

blehbear

Post by blehbear » Aug 1st, '05, 05:37

Xr8-S wrote:I store them on 3 x 200gb & 5 x 400gb drives at the moment..
That's ALOT of storage! 2.6TB! :w00t:

Xr8-S

Post by Xr8-S » Aug 1st, '05, 06:17

blehbear wrote:
Xr8-S wrote:I store them on 3 x 200gb & 5 x 400gb drives at the moment..
That's ALOT of storage! 2.6TB! :w00t:
It took me a year and half of downloading and getting from other sources to get that far. Eventually, (if I can ever figure out on how to do what I want to do with raid configs) I'll have 16 x 400gb unless bigger drives come out by then, of course.

Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by :bunny: » Aug 1st, '05, 07:52

Akiramike wrote:Not sure about box hill. I go only go there once in a while to eat. In the city there a new shopping place called QV and they remodelled Melb Central.

Did a head count of Melbournians on this thread and so far there are 14. That's quite a lot of people considering that english subtitled dramas are a niche thing and lots of people don't post in the forums.
yap! that's a lot! i didn't expect many people from melb. i thought there'll be more people from sydney than from melb.

nyaan

Post by nyaan » Aug 1st, '05, 08:05

I'm from Melbourne too...^^

C_U

Post by C_U » Aug 3rd, '05, 10:46

i guess melbournians loves d-addicts...i'm one of them .... i'm with optus, get 12gb 9am-2am and 24gb offpeak(2am-9am)....i shouldn't complain because it's better than b4......but still...compared to other countries...australia's broadband is shitty and bloody expensive....

Scarface

Post by Scarface » Aug 3rd, '05, 10:53

If we can get people sharing through PIPE it wont cost anything "as in your monthly DL cap"
Join the chat room I mentioned before for more information

athrunjustice

Post by athrunjustice » Aug 3rd, '05, 10:57

too bad telstra bp charges ppl against their cap when uploadin :(

kazuki

Post by kazuki » Aug 3rd, '05, 15:10

athrunjustice wrote:too bad telstra bp charges ppl against their cap when uploadin :(
yea telstra Sucks! big time charging you for both upload and downloads.

I was once with them what a waste of money they were :x
Attachments
Mini special.- 02.srt
not completed sub
(43.34 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
Last edited by kazuki on Dec 26th, '05, 23:54, edited 1 time in total.

athrunjustice

Post by athrunjustice » Aug 4th, '05, 04:16

kazuki wrote:
athrunjustice wrote:too bad telstra bp charges ppl against their cap when uploadin :(
yea telstra Sucks! big time charging you for both upload and downloads.

I was once with them what a waste of money they were :x
You from melb? rmit?

animetama
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by animetama » Aug 4th, '05, 06:27

Xr8-S wrote: I store them on 3 x 200gb & 5 x 400gb drives at the moment. I have way too much trouble with dvd's, they're just to damn fragile and don't last very long.
I'm new to raid systems and I'm still trying to work out how to add a drive to a raid configuration that's already created. Just doesn't want to let me do it.
I'm having problems with some of my old drives now >_<
4x120GB hdd are dying.. they are making them clicks of death noises..
I had 2x200GB hdd die on me a few weeks ago. I managed to save one but lost data on the other :cry:
The lost data was important too! All my old digicam pics and webcam antics were on it!
I've learnt my lesson now.. I'll need to back up stuffs >_<
And I was too cheap/stupid not getting a raid system set up!

Anyway, I played a game once on an aus anime forum.
Passed a couple sets of J-dramas on DVD-R around Australia.
Anyone that wanted it just indicated in the thread and swapped addy with the person that had it last.. It was quite fun.

Who wants to play? I can start off with a set of something..
Say, 5 DVD-R max.. that way, it won't take too long to copy to hdd or burn.
Yes or No?

:)

Scarface

Post by Scarface » Aug 4th, '05, 07:50

I want to play - check your PM

bone-doll
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by bone-doll » Aug 4th, '05, 08:46

animetama wrote:Anyway, I played a game once on an aus anime forum.
Anyone that wanted it just indicated in the thread and swapped addy with the person that had it last.. It was quite fun.
Lol. That sounded cute. I don't know why... I find a lot of things cute. :-)

I want to play too! Let me play. :P

I'm from Melbourne too. :lol We should just leech off each other to save bandwidth. That's the way to go. XD

I'm on Optus' Unlimited Plan 12GB/24GB for who knows how much. I didn't know just how crappy Australian broadband was until I realised that other countries didn't get limited downloads. :glare: But now I know... and I'm sad.

Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by :bunny: » Aug 4th, '05, 09:12

animetama wrote: Anyway, I played a game once on an aus anime forum.

Who wants to play? I can start off with a set of something..
Say, 5 DVD-R max.. that way, it won't take too long to copy to hdd or burn.
Yes or No?

:)
i want to play too ^^
which series r u gonna start wif?