Where should uploaders post from now on?

Data, images, links, competition and er other stuff are here.

Where should uploaders post from now on?

Nyaa
87%
The Pirate Bay
13%

Total votes: 442

KoikeRika

Postby KoikeRika » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:53 pm

chanpuru

Postby chanpuru » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:05 pm

KoikeRika wrote:How do I seed this? http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=625408

Click on the big green [Download] button near the upper right of that page and that will feed the torrent to your BT client (if that was configured in your OS, to begin with). If you do that do you see your browser's dialogue box asking you what application to feed the torrent file to? Then, as usual, set the "download" destination to where your actual file is and your BT client should force a check and begin seeding.

Edit: I just noticed while checking the above link that VampireXxX's recent "test" posting there has 217 downloads and 2 "Thank You's" from IDs that I don't recognize from here. Taido's from 2 hours ago has 120 downloads. And the earlier posted Kings Face about 10,000 and Pinocchio about 13,000 DL.s Also, their chatbox seems to have taken notice of us.
Last edited by chanpuru on Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KoikeRika

Postby KoikeRika » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:13 pm

@chanpuru, It's not letting me. I'm so confused about this.

sinecure

Postby sinecure » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:14 pm

@koikerika, you didn't upload a torrent file you got from asiatorrents? did you? private sites work like this.. you download the torrent file. it contains a special unique key containing your userinfo... basically, if you share that torrent file.. anyone who downloads that torrent can download off asiatorrents using your account. in other words, it'll bring up a big red flag! in the peer list in asiatorrents there will be multiple users downloading using your account! a) you'll get banned from asiatorrents. b) if they don't catch it then your ratio will go south real fast.

how to share something on your hard drive, you have to create a torrent from your torrent client. or use software like maketorrent or something. use a public tracker like openbittorent. then share on nyaa

KoikeRika

Postby KoikeRika » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:15 pm

can someone please post a step by step?

hey9

Postby hey9 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:18 pm

KoikeRika wrote:can someone please post a step by step?

You can just check google.

This is a tutorial for utorrent. Not sure what client your using though.
http://www.shoutmeloud.com/how-to-creat ... -file.html

AyoYura

Postby AyoYura » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:21 pm

I here by offer to upload J-Dramas to MEGA, UpToBox, and any other Free & Fast file host. All I need is for the requester to provide me with a link to the torrent or site from where the files can be obtained/retrieved.

Nyaa and Kickass are good trackers (I prefer Nyaa though). Also, I'm surprised by the number of users that aren't familiar with Nyaa. That's my #1 source for ratio-free Anime and live-action series. Just name your files like so and upload them under Live-Action e.g [J-DRAMA]Hero.20xx.Ep01.720p.xx.xx-DoA & [K-DRAMA] My.Secret.Hotel.2014.Complete.HDTV.1080p.x264-DoA for Korean drama and so on...

PS. I'll also help run a new site/index to whoever is up for the challenge *looking at taido*

dangnt

Postby dangnt » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:25 pm

the piratebay , even if it's blocked, has many many mirror sites : you can always find a mirror which suits you. Adblockers are very efficient.
nyaa is not in english ( which is a major flaw ), and more dedicated to manga-related stuff .

el_canuck

Postby el_canuck » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:42 pm

I just downloaded Pinocchio 03 from nyaa and worked great, the problem is that there was no episode 01 or 02 so I think that some of the more current ones should be uploaded from the beginning not just from today onward. It will take some getting used to, but this will work. I am wondering if nyaa is ready for us.

AyoYura

Postby AyoYura » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:45 pm

@Dangnt Not in English? What is this then? http://i.want.tf/to/that/ROXsG9b.png

As for the piratebay (TPB), I gave up on this tracker years ago. Kickass is 80 times better than TPB..
Nyaa is indeed more for Anime/Manga related stuff but one should be ok uploading Dramas under the Live-Action category as I had mentioned in my previous post.

hey9

Postby hey9 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:14 pm

Nyaa has it's own tracker - d-addicts already went through the whole tracker shutting down thing, are we willing to go through that again? The problem with generalized trackers like Kickass is there will be no useful filters for Asian drama fans (RAW/subbed, J/K/C, variety, OST, etc.).

Right now everyone's in chaos because everything happened so quickly. We need to stop, regroup a bit, and really think about what we want. We're not starting from scratch - we don't need a new tracker, we just need a new index. The biggest issue will be re-gathering the old torrents now scattered like Dragon Balls. I want to help in any way I can, but I think we need to really think about this before putting all our eggs into one basket...

At this point I'm hoping someone creates an all-new index.

Ideally I'd like to see:
- Creation of more batch torrents for old series to replace single episode torrents
- Filling in gaps from older seasons
- A list of who is uploading what for the current season
- More HQ torrents (DoA files seem to have all but disappeared)
- Improved torrent descriptions
- Categories similar to what d-addicts had, with an additional LQ/MQ/HQ category

Computer geniuses, come out and help us ~~

saigo_x

Postby saigo_x » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:23 pm

To anyone working on a "new site" project, I can offer the first 600 torrent pages which I managed to archive using HTTrack before the torrent section was removed. I also have most of the torrents for those links, although many were not found using the Torrage and Zoink links (the Torcache links were almost completely useless). :salut:

Edit: Basically it all the torents from the last torrent uploaded ( Family.Secrets.E15.141119.HDTV.H264.720p-WITH by Keiko1981 on 14-11-19) to early December 2013 ([2013.012.02] SMAPxSMAP (1280x720 x264) by zdzdz on 13-12-03).

Edit2: xaxa has a simpler and more complete backup of the torrent links HERE. :roll
Last edited by saigo_x on Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MisS Lonliah

Postby MisS Lonliah » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:26 pm

I've been downloading tons & tons of movies from The Pirate Bay.
I think that it can stay alive longer than Nyaa.

Just a thought...
[spoiler]I think those who have never used any of these two sites should not vote...[/spoiler]

sinecure

Postby sinecure » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:41 pm

hey9 wrote:...

speaking of DoA. i'm one of the encoders for DoA. lol.. anyway, you won't find DoA out in public trackers much as none of the members of the DoA team would like to release them to a public tracker. However, people that download DoA stuff is free to distribute anywhere they like even public tracker if they wish after 48 hours of initial release. So if there is somebody that knows how private BT sites work and can maintain a good ratio at our home site. Then willing to release our files elsewhere for the D-Addicts community (of course following our 48 hour rule) on a consistent basis, then I would be willing to invite you to our home site when or if the uploaders here make a new torrent site...

i also encode a medium res, high quality but small filesize kdramas and released to the public via pastebin. link for it can be found in keiko's blog under links of interest. http://www.giftedones.net/links-of-interest/ look for 540p-ZASK. it's not re-encodes from LIMO... they are original encodes and actually better than LIMO just smaller filesize and a resolution between 450p(MQ) and 720p(HQ). it's sorta the best of both as easy to download and great to watch on tv.

Peanut

Postby Peanut » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:47 pm

sinecure wrote:i also encode a medium res, high quality but small filesize kdramas and released to the public via pastebin. link for it can be found in keiko's blog under links of interest. http://www.giftedones.net/links-of-interest/ look for 540p-ZASK. it's not re-encodes from LIMO... they are original encodes and actually better than LIMO just smaller filesize and a resolution between 450p(MQ) and 720p(HQ). it's sorta the best of both as easy to download and great to watch on tv.

Thanks for the info! Great work! :)
Last edited by Peanut on Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shupagirl

Postby shupagirl » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:47 pm

MisS Lonliah wrote:I've been downloading tons & tons of movies from The Pirate Bay.
I think that it can stay alive longer than Nyaa.

Just a thought...
[spoiler]I think those who have never used any of these two sites should not vote...[/spoiler]

TPB is blocked in a lot of countries.

uedajirou

Postby uedajirou » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:47 pm

sinecure wrote:
hey9 wrote:...

speaking of DoA. i'm one of the encoders for DoA. lol.. anyway, you won't find DoA out in public trackers much as none of the members of the DoA team would like to release them to a public tracker. However, people that download DoA stuff is free to distribute anywhere they like even public tracker if they wish after 48 hours of initial release. So if there is somebody that knows how private BT sites work and can maintain a good ratio at our home site. Then willing to release our files elsewhere for the D-Addicts community (of course following our 48 hour rule) on a consistent basis, then I would be willing to invite you to our home site when or if the uploaders here make a new torrent site...

i also encode a medium res, high quality but small filesize kdramas and released to the public via pastebin. link for it can be found in keiko's blog under links of interest. http://www.giftedones.net/links-of-interest/ look for 540p-ZASK. it's not re-encodes from LIMO... they are original encodes and actually better than LIMO just smaller filesize and a resolution between 450p(MQ) and 720p(HQ). it's sorta the best of both as easy to download and great to watch on tv.

Hi. May I know what is DoA?
I am pretty much newbie when it comes to this.
But I realized that lots of my dramas 720p has DoA name into it,
Like for example: Doctor X, etc etc.
How could I obtain 720p drama from now on?

el_canuck

Postby el_canuck » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:05 pm

I also have used TPB and nyaa, I like both sites, but I also know that the founders of TPB are or have been in prison and like others have said, is blocked in many places. nyaa IS ASIAN and easy to use, I think.
I think that while we figure this out, nyaa is as good as it gets.

I have downloaded Pinocchio E03 and The Kings Face E01 no problem and I think or should I say it depends how well nyaa enjoys the invasion of D-Addicts.

Everybody who reads these should try both sites and vote.
Last edited by el_canuck on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

saigo_x

Postby saigo_x » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:06 pm

uedajirou wrote:Hi. May I know what is DoA?
I am pretty much newbie when it comes to this.
But I realized that lots of my dramas 720p has DoA name into it,
Like for example: Doctor X, etc etc.
How could I obtain 720p drama from now on?

Avallac'h wrote:
sfoguy wrote:What is 'DoA' please?
This is internal release group on Chinese HD tracker TTG (totheglory.im).

sinecure

Postby sinecure » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:09 pm

DoA is relatively new encoding group.. Long history, but new group name. (D)atabase (o)f (A)sia... You might have seen NGB? sort of a spin off of that group. Some are still encoding for that group as well. Anyway, DoA is a private encoding group focused on quality! not release speed. LIMO/HANrel/Baros/etc.. they are what we call 0-day group. The just spit out encodes fast with no regard for proper encoding. Why the picture quality even at their 720p resolution is really subpar.

We release at a private site, but we do want people to download our stuff and spread them around. You may recognize some of our team members at other places like Elanor 1080p encodes found at asiatorrents for example is a team member at DoA. so if you demand the very best quality then DoA releases is what you are looking for. However, our filesize is pretty big at 1.85 gig for a typical 1 hour drama.

hey9

Postby hey9 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:12 pm

sinecure wrote:speaking of DoA. i'm one of the encoders for DoA. lol.. anyway, you won't find DoA out in public trackers much as none of the members of the DoA team would like to release them to a public tracker. However, people that download DoA stuff is free to distribute anywhere they like even public tracker if they wish after 48 hours of initial release. So if there is somebody that knows how private BT sites work and can maintain a good ratio at our home site. Then willing to release our files elsewhere for the D-Addicts community (of course following our 48 hour rule) on a consistent basis, then I would be willing to invite you to our home site when or if the uploaders here make a new torrent site...

Oh, nice to meet you haha! NGB/DoA is my #1 preference for jdrama uploads, so I hope your files will re-emerge on public torrent sites. If I could maintain a good ratio on your site, I would definitely help with spreading it to public sites. I'm capped at 80kbps u/l speed though hohohoho your site woud eat me alive. I've uploaded a few of your older files before, but they were months old and I found them on clubbox. Hope some kind soul would help with this in the future.

Thank you for all your HQ releases :thumleft:

in2sky

Postby in2sky » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:19 pm

maybe an option would be to ask nyaa to create new sections as in J-Drama, J-TV etc?

chanpuru

Postby chanpuru » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:24 pm

saigo_x wrote:To anyone working on a "new site" project, I can offer the first 600 torrent pages which I managed to archive using HTTrack before the torrent section was removed. I also have most of the torrents for those links, although many were not found using the Torrage and Zoink links (the Torcache links were almost completely useless). :salut:

Edit: Basically it all the torents from the last torrent uploaded ( Family.Secrets.E15.141119.HDTV.H264.720p-WITH by Keiko1981 on 14-11-19) to early December 2013 ([2013.012.02] SMAPxSMAP (1280x720 x264) by zdzdz on 13-12-03).

Edit2: xaxa has a simpler and more complete backup of the torrent links HERE. :roll

But the xaxa archive cuts off at the beginning of this month, so if you have the last 3 weeks, that would be great (you will have the newly started dramas and that would "complete" the list). The older dramas that xaxa missed (before September 2012) are probably stale or dead, anyway.

uedajirou

Postby uedajirou » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:33 pm

sinecure wrote:DoA is relatively new encoding group.. Long history, but new group name. (D)atabase (o)f (A)sia... You might have seen NGB? sort of a spin off of that group. Some are still encoding for that group as well. Anyway, DoA is a private encoding group focused on quality! not release speed. LIMO/HANrel/Baros/etc.. they are what we call 0-day group. The just spit out encodes fast with no regard for proper encoding. Why the picture quality even at their 720p resolution is really subpar.

We release at a private site, but we do want people to download our stuff and spread them around. You may recognize some of our team members at other places like Elanor 1080p encodes found at asiatorrents for example is a team member at DoA. so if you demand the very best quality then DoA releases is what you are looking for. However, our filesize is pretty big at 1.85 gig for a typical 1 hour drama.

NGB and DoA! :salut:
Most of my 720p videos are from them :wub: :wub:
Fan of your 720p videos :thumleft: :thumleft:
With d-addicts closing, where else can I find DoA videos beside asiatorrent?
Particularly, for this season's drama, I'm following Doctor X only.
How can one become encoder? (Sorry for being so noob)
Thanks
:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

chanpuru

Postby chanpuru » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:38 pm

in2sky wrote:maybe an option would be to ask nyaa to create new sections as in J-Drama, J-TV etc?

On Nyaa it seems it is common for the encoders to tag their scene group at the front of the torrent's same (in brackets with a space before the series). We could keep our current naming standard and just add the front tag for the language descriptor without re-programming and upsetting the Nyaa community before anything even starts (although their filters do look easy to program - they all just modify the URL). So, for instance: [K-drama] Pinocchio.E03.141119.HDTV.H264.720p-WITH.mp4 would be a minor modification to the current naming, but then their existing filters will find the language tags even after you have selected the Raw Live Action (pre-programmed) category. And the space between the language and the name actually keep our original names intact (white-space delimited). THEY generally place spaces in their torrent names (we don't, we dot-fill) so the filtering options become trivial.

AyoYura

Postby AyoYura » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:20 pm

sinecure wrote:speaking of DoA. i'm one of the encoders for DoA. lol.. anyway, you won't find DoA out in public trackers much as none of the members of the DoA team would like to release them to a public tracker. However, people that download DoA stuff is free to distribute anywhere they like even public tracker if they wish after 48 hours of initial release. So if there is somebody that knows how private BT sites work and can maintain a good ratio at our home site. Then willing to release our files elsewhere for the D-Addicts community (of course following our 48 hour rule) on a consistent basis, then I would be willing to invite you to our home site when or if the uploaders here make a new torrent site...

I would love an Invite. I've been using private trackers for almost a decade and belong to a number of private BT including AT and HDWiNG. I use dedis for my work so ratio won't be an issue.

PS. I'm not sure if anyone would ever set up a new public tracker but I can set up my own site (already run one) where I can offer TRUE DDL (by this I mean no stupid premium hosts), so please do consider sending an invite.

Thanks in advance,

-Ayo

kingofbeer

Postby kingofbeer » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:26 pm

sinecure wrote:DoA is relatively new encoding group.. Long history, but new group name. (D)atabase (o)f (A)sia... You might have seen NGB? sort of a spin off of that group. Some are still encoding for that group as well. Anyway, DoA is a private encoding group focused on quality! not release speed. LIMO/HANrel/Baros/etc.. they are what we call 0-day group. The just spit out encodes fast with no regard for proper encoding. Why the picture quality even at their 720p resolution is really subpar.

There are both ups and downs for both. Groups like LIMO/HANrel/iPOP are actually a legal source for shows(Obviously not the pirated torrents of their files). That being said, they encode literally everything that airs on TV and make it permanently available shortly after it airs. You could literally search for something extremely random like SBS news from 3 years ago and it'll be available for download at 25MB/s.

Their quality might not be the greatest but if you're looking at rebuilding a database or fast re-seeding you could literally download every show that aired in the past 5 or 6 years at blazing speeds.

The quality from DoA is great but stuff like korean dramas shows generally get subbed faster than they release their episodes. It's also not legal, they don't do everything and who knows if you can re-download their files if you come back in a year or two. If you check their tracker even batches from shows that have recently ended like Joseon Gunman or Doctor Stranger are dead.

If you prefer their quality and don't mind waiting a few days after English subtitles are released then they are a good source. If you're looking at rebuilding or maintaining seeds for 400+TB worth of content you should probably go with the legal stuff.

sinecure

Postby sinecure » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:46 pm

yup, kingofbeer is absolutely right.. they are legal in the sense that of you use a paid webhard to acquire them. of course, once it gets distributed... and yes, they are superfast download wise as i use webhards myself for off the normal stuff and can max out my download speeds. their archive of stuff is also noteworthy as well.

there is an encode that suits everyone. if ultimately speed is your preference, then no way can you beat a webhard and encodes from the big groups.

that being said, if LIMO is your thing then asiatorrents is your best bet as i know kingofbeer is very active there uploading non-stop.

RetroHelix

Postby RetroHelix » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:47 pm

kingofbeer wrote:...Groups like LIMO/HANrel/iPOP are actually a legal source for shows(Obviously not the pirated torrents of their files)...

Where do I get more information about this legal service?

bigmit37

Postby bigmit37 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:56 pm

Does anyone know where to get the Chinese +Japanese hardsubbed versions of the dramas?
I haven't been able to find those versions outside of this site. That uploader was great.

AyoYura

Postby AyoYura » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:03 pm

kingofbeer wrote:There are both ups and downs for both. Groups like LIMO/HANrel/iPOP are actually a legal source for shows(Obviously not the pirated torrents of their files). That being said, they encode literally everything that airs on TV and make it permanently available shortly after it airs. You could literally search for something extremely random like SBS news from 3 years ago and it'll be available for download at 25MB/s.

Okay, this is true :P

kingofbeer wrote: The quality from DoA is great but stuff like korean dramas shows generally get subbed faster than they release their episodes. It's also not legal, they don't do everything and who knows if you can re-download their files if you come back in a year or two. If you check their tracker even batches from shows that have recently ended like Joseon Gunman or Doctor Stranger are dead.

Isn't it the majority of stuff shared on BT pirated stuff? No need to say more here...

PS. True, huge batches tend to die/disappear faster. Not much that can done about it, really.

kingofbeer wrote:If you prefer their quality and don't mind waiting a few days after English subtitles are released then they are a good source. If you're looking at rebuilding or maintaining seeds for 400+TB worth of content you should probably go with the legal stuff.

Waiting a few days to watch a drama/movie won't kill anybody, I hope. Me personally, I always wait for the full batch; this way i can just watch an entire series in a week or two instead of a month or even longer in some cases.

The END.

korogui

Postby korogui » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:26 pm

and about jpopsuki?
There are option freeleech...

Hope that d-addicts back someday...

ttchopper2004

Postby ttchopper2004 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:28 pm

Taido wrote:For the time being I'll choose Nyaa :scratch:

My first upload Shouten VS TOKIO at Nyaa

Thinking of setting up a new site but need a team......

I can try to help too. I've done some web programming, especially php

kingofbeer

Postby kingofbeer » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:30 pm

AyoYura wrote:

I would love an Invite. I've been using private trackers for almost a decade and belong to a number of private BT including AT and HDWiNG. I use dedis for my work so ratio won't be an issue.

PS. I'm not sure if anyone would ever set up a new public tracker but I can set up my own site (already run one) where I can offer TRUE DDL (by this I mean no stupid premium hosts), so please do consider sending an invite.

Thanks in advance,

-Ayo

Invites/registration is closed. It'll likely be closed for a while. It's currently under an examination period which ends Dec 31.

RetroHelix wrote:
kingofbeer wrote:...Groups like LIMO/HANrel/iPOP are actually a legal source for shows(Obviously not the pirated torrents of their files)...

Where do I get more information about this legal service?

That depends. How well can you read Korean?
Last edited by kingofbeer on Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby arakira » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:35 pm

bigmit37 wrote:Does anyone know where to get the Chinese +Japanese hardsubbed versions of the dramas?
I haven't been able to find those versions outside of this site. That uploader was great.

Yyets ?

you only need to sign up at their site

Peanut

Postby Peanut » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:46 pm

kingofbeer wrote:That depends. How well can you read Korean?

LOL that's why we should be so grateful to the people that take the work of sharing them with at least some words on english within the title.. XD
And we are!! :salut:

AyoYura

Postby AyoYura » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:58 pm

kingofbeer wrote:..Invites/registration is closed. It'll likely be closed for a while. It's currently under an examination period which ends Dec 31.

Oh well.. Thanks for the info.

kingofbeer wrote:
RetroHelix wrote:..Where do I get more information about this legal service?

That depends. How well can you read Korean?

Not the best but I have used google translate (I know I know) to gain access to a number of Korean and Chinese trackers/forums. More info about these groups home/sites will be greatly appreciated. :-)

superdevilgundam

Postby superdevilgundam » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:32 pm

ive been using nyaa on and off for a few years now that place is ok. better than piratebay in terms of ads and stuff.

awesomedanielle

Postby awesomedanielle » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:53 pm

Keiko! My friend :) I don't know if you remember me. Your presence is reassuring. Anyway guys, if we can't to keep the torrents alive, WE NEED TO START A NEW WEBSITE! Do not post to nyaa or piratebay. They are already famous enough and might be the ones to go next. So please, let's start a new website. Also, can someone please seed Hotel King on btdigg? Please please please??

cindy25

Postby cindy25 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:22 pm

awesomedanielle wrote:Keiko! My friend :) I don't know if you remember me. Your presence is reassuring. Anyway guys, if we can't to keep the torrents alive, WE NEED TO START A NEW WEBSITE! Do not post to nyaa or piratebay. They are already famous enough and might be the ones to go next. So please, let's start a new website. Also, can someone please seed Hotel King on btdigg? Please please please??

while a new website would be easier to use, piratebay is safer for the long term. they have proved over and over they will defy the copyright jerks. a smaller site, or its ISP is much more subject to pressure. I know of a torrent site that closed just because they got an e-mail from FACT (a Hollywood blackmail organization)

ideal would be a new website with cross posting on piratebay

\( -o _ o- )/
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Postby \( -o _ o- )/ » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:50 pm

xiumeyourdubu wrote:
Taido wrote:Thinking of setting up a new site but need a team......

I am a web programmer (getting my university degree soon... hopefully! :D) so I would love to help code a website if you decide to do it :)

Go for it Taido!!

I'm willing to upload torrents if you decide to start a new site.

But please not a private tracker site. I'm opposed to that idea.
v ( ^ o ^ ) vImagev ( - _ - ) vImage\"( - ___ - )"/Image

hey9

Postby hey9 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:53 am

I think the reason behind the shutdown will be important in the building of a new site.

If it was shut down due to:
1. Legal reasons - something would have to change in order to make the index "safe".
2. Non-legal reasons (or reasons unconnected to d-a) - a new index would not have to be drastically different.

VampireXxX

Postby VampireXxX » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:58 am

in the meantime...i will be putting a [JDrama] in the title when i upload to nyaa...

so try search with that too...

yamatosoul

Postby yamatosoul » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:01 am

VampireXxX wrote:in the meantime...i will be putting a [JDrama] in the title when i upload to nyaa...

THANK YOU!!!

Qrisya

Postby Qrisya » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:07 am

I prefer Kickass. They are easy to download & have magnet links. Uploaders please consider. Thanks.

dhisashi

Postby dhisashi » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:27 am

VampireXxX wrote:in the meantime...i will be putting a [JDrama] in the title when i upload to nyaa...

Thanks. That will help.

I joined nyaa and found that in my Profile under #User Settings I can filter everything out by clicking on a box. I have only two unchecked boxes:
Hide categories by checking them in the form below
Live Action >> English-translated Live Action
Live Action >> Raw Live Action

That way when I browse I only get Live Action English or Live Action RAW being displayed.

:-)

uedajirou

Postby uedajirou » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:03 am

uedajirou wrote:

NGB and DoA! :salut:
Most of my 720p videos are from them :wub: :wub:
Fan of your 720p videos :thumleft: :thumleft:
With d-addicts closing, where else can I find DoA videos beside asiatorrent?
Particularly, for this season's drama, I'm following Doctor X only.
How can one become encoder? (Sorry for being so noob)
Thanks
:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

anyone can answer my question
thx

tweet_pt

Postby tweet_pt » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:09 am

i like kickass too. where to download new koreandrama?can anyone upload in kickass?

SunSama

Postby SunSama » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:20 am

Out of curiosity, is it possible to create a new site like D-Addicts by all of us and not to use those terrible sites?

I am i shock because the main reason I been using D-Addicts for so long is because there has been always less chance of viruses in your computer and invasion of privacy, etc.

Please give me your thoughts.

Thank you.

cindy25

Postby cindy25 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:35 am

tweet_pt wrote:i like kickass too. where to download new koreandrama?can anyone upload in kickass?

Korean is so simple. just google what you want:

for example: Mr. Back ep 06, download
The King's face, ep 02, download

there will be tons of choices.

also, nyaa has the latest Korean

then install firefox download extension.

Japan is different. they need to be posted on a torrent site first.

tomzero

Postby tomzero » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:52 am

sinecure wrote:speaking of DoA. i'm one of the encoders for DoA.

Nice to meet you mr DoA. I really appreciate the HD uploads.

As for this poll, the Pirate Bay does seem to have a lot of malware attached. Nyaa looks ok. Maybe i'm not used to the layout, or am too used to D-Addicts, but it just doesn't seem as user friendly. At least for what I'm looking for.

A new site would be best if someone is willing to take up that task. But, it does seem like a lot of work for someone to put together a site as good as d-a.

And, I do like Asia Torrents. It does have a ratio, but it's not hard to meet. And you can always tell ahead of time what's currently being seeded. I do have a couple of invites if anyone needs one.

tweet_pt

Postby tweet_pt » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:05 am

Thank you Cindy25! i wish we can have another d-addicts, i used this for so long already. :-( i suggest some other sites, usually changes their extensions or .com from .eu .to .so etc................

tenkal

Postby tenkal » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:15 am

Taido wrote:@xiumeyourdubu

Subarashii let's PM, but we need more members on the team!

I don't tend to follow dramas as much but rather have a deep appreciation for owarai shows and love them to death. If you ever manage to create a site, I don't mind opening up my collection of owarai shows. I've got some friends that supplies recent episodes from a few owarai shows shows; London Hearts, Tetsuwan Dash, Gaki no Tsukai, ItteQ, Shabekuri 007...etc in 720-HDTV for our small circle of friends and I don't mind sharing them. I've got about 3TB+ of owarai shows -old and new- mostly in HD and growing daily as I begin adding stuff from perfect dark and share into my collection and am open to sharing some of the older ones upon demand.

On the topic of DoA, I'd love to be a part of them but mostly focus on j-variety stuff, I've only used avidemux to do most of my encoding, generally in x264 mp4 with video data bitrate of around 3000-5000kbps, higher bitrate=better quality=larger file as I've come to understand.
Last edited by tenkal on Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

castielo

Postby castielo » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:19 am

SunSama wrote:Out of curiosity, is it possible to create a new site like D-Addicts by all of us and not to use those terrible sites?

I am i shock because the main reason I been using D-Addicts for so long is because there has been always less chance of viruses in your computer and invasion of privacy, etc.

Please give me your thoughts.

Thank you.

i've been using nyaa for years, mainly for anime and music. not a single virus/trojan from nyaa.
some mp3/flac leak faster in nyaa compared to private tracker like jposuki, the downside, there's no magnet link on nyaa :blink
and yes sw&crack category in tpb sometimes have virus/trojan/adware lol.

a new site for what purpose, forum or torrent hosting?
quote from Ruroshin
The forum will still be up so you can still continue to discuss your favourite dramas and share subtitles and translations. So only the torrent forum will be closed

my 1st bookmark of D-A uploader in nyaa :P
http://www.nyaa.se/?user=203101

SunSama

Postby SunSama » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:33 am

Thank you for your reply. I was thinking for downloading/torrents
In any event I will try your recommendation with your link to se how it goes. I am not familiar with that website. Any tips will be very much appreciated.

Thanks again.

Sunsama :D

zsinyoz

Postby zsinyoz » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:35 am

Nyaa, my first upload kdrama :D will put it 24/7 ...have fun:)

castielo

Postby castielo » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:55 am

SunSama wrote:Thank you for your reply. I was thinking for downloading/torrents
In any event I will try your recommendation with your link to se how it goes. I am not familiar with that website. Any tips will be very much appreciated.

Thanks again.

Sunsama :D

your welcome, glad i can help :-)

click the link of the files you want to download and under the Torrent Description
Ex:

if the file/s extension in the torrent are extension for videos like mp4,mkv,avi etc then it's safe, if the uploader use rar/zip/7zip then use your antivirus to check before extract them.

js192

Postby js192 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:04 am

tomzero wrote:
sinecure wrote:speaking of DoA. i'm one of the encoders for DoA.

Nice to meet you mr DoA. I really appreciate the HD uploads.

As for this poll, the Pirate Bay does seem to have a lot of malware attached. Nyaa looks ok. Maybe i'm not used to the layout, or am too used to D-Addicts, but it just doesn't seem as user friendly. At least for what I'm looking for.

A new site would be best if someone is willing to take up that task. But, it does seem like a lot of work for someone to put together a site as good as d-a.

And, I do like Asia Torrents. It does have a ratio, but it's not hard to meet. And you can always tell ahead of time what's currently being seeded. I do have a couple of invites if anyone needs one.

Tomzero - I'm usually looking for smapxsmap and jdrama, is Asia Toreents good for that? I was trying to check out their site but it looks like it's down now......

zsinyoz

Postby zsinyoz » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:18 am

Asiatorrent is good but use ratio, Nyaa is the best, but when doing search make sure the correct title, else 0 result :D

castielo

Postby castielo » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:34 am

zsinyoz wrote:Asiatorrent is good but use ratio, Nyaa is the best, but when doing search make sure the correct title, else 0 result :D

. :lol i hope uploaders are generous to make their own index for stuff they upload to nyaa

forestmaiden71

Postby forestmaiden71 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:52 am

question - how will people know where / when to look for the subs? I guess we'll have to start watching blogs and such for releases?

Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Keiko1981 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:10 am

forestmaiden71 wrote:question - how will people know where / when to look for the subs? I guess we'll have to start watching blogs and such for releases?

Index of subtitles.
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/subtitles.php

When you are logged into the forum and in a viewing a thread. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the link located to the left "Watch this topic for replies"

huyie
Fansub Admin
Fansub Admin

Postby huyie » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:22 am

or even check the fansub wiki map, given that not all members are likely to post in the subtitle section here, and that would be a method for people to know what subs are available elsewhere.

MielCanela

Postby MielCanela » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:34 am

I'm not an uploader so these are just my humble suggestions.

Uploaders that want both torrent and magnet links can do what most anime fansub groups do and use both nyaa and tokyotosho. (tokyotosho has magnet links) This way, even if one goes down, users can still use the other one.

A better solution would be to make a new site, like some users are proposing to do. However, for this new site to not experience the same problems that d-addicts did it would be better if it were a private torrent tracker site. Making it mandatory to register to use but without the ratio limitations would be best.
There are two big advantages to this idea, that I have seen from other sites:
1) better seeding (less hit&runs and better way to ask for reseeds from users that have actually downloaded the torrents)
2) easier to change domain or server locales if some unwanted attention appears

Some users here and elsewhere have commented that this site will go down without the torrents section & if that is the case then it is just better to take everything to a new site altogether. Asiatorrents is a good site, it is just that their ratio and bonus point system isn't noob friendly. A new site that is a combination of d-addicts (subtitles & wiki) with asiatorrents (torrents & movies) with the above problems fixed & better filtering/tagging systems would be the best solution. Unfortunately, sites like those usually require more resources to create & maintain.

Hopefully a solution can be found soon.

dodoraemon

Postby dodoraemon » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:39 am

Why not host .torrents on nyaa and index links to nyaa pages on an open website (off the grid)?

And the problem with trackers like asiatorrents and jpopsuki is the invitation system, more than the ratio requirements.

chanpuru

Postby chanpuru » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:55 am

MielCanela wrote:I'm not an uploader so these are just my humble suggestions.

Uploaders that want both torrent and magnet links can do what most anime fansub groups do and use both nyaa and tokyotosho. (tokyotosho has magnet links) This way, even if one goes down, users can still use the other one.

[...snipped...]

Some users here and elsewhere have commented that this site will go down without the torrents section & if that is the case then it is just better to take everything to a new site altogether.

If only for the magnet links, I can't think of any reason those couldn't just be pasted into the info area of the torrent index with all the other data - there shouldn't be any issue with that.

I'm hoping that the wiki, subtitles and forum sections can maintain d-addicts so that it won't go away (that part is pretty good on it's own). I used the wiki here long before I even noticed the torrents.

qhrizteens

Postby qhrizteens » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:59 am

can anobody invite me for the asian torrent? since there are ratio, I cant even get into signing in.

thanks before

yamatosoul

Postby yamatosoul » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:20 am

qhrizteens wrote:can anobody invite me for the asian torrent? since there are ratio, I cant even get into signing in.

thanks before

I can send you an invitation for Asia Torrents.. Just message me your name and email address.

Edohiguma

Postby Edohiguma » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:09 am

For Asiatorrents there's one more thing to consider: additionally to the ratio system it has a bonus system where you get 1 point for every hour the tracker sees you seeding. These points can be redeemed for upload "credits" or invitations. This system saved my butt in the beginning.

I have a couple of invitations left, so if you want in, shoot me a PM.

cindy25

Postby cindy25 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:42 am

does it have to be a torrent site? what about posting direct downloads, such as on warez-bb. it would be easier on the uploaders.

or set up a free blog just for Asian. ?

ChatGris

Postby ChatGris » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:52 am

tenkal wrote:I don't tend to follow dramas as much but rather have a deep appreciation for owarai shows and love them to death. If you ever manage to create a site, I don't mind opening up my collection of owarai shows. I've got some friends that supplies recent episodes from a few owarai shows shows; London Hearts, Tetsuwan Dash, Gaki no Tsukai, ItteQ, Shabekuri 007...etc in 720-HDTV for our small circle of friends and I don't mind sharing them. I've got about 3TB+ of owarai shows -old and new- mostly in HD and growing daily as I begin adding stuff from perfect dark and share into my collection and am open to sharing some of the older ones upon demand.

Oh. That would be lovely. owarai are so hard to find these days. :wub:

Scorpio8

Postby Scorpio8 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:03 am

i'm going to use kickass now

uedajirou

Postby uedajirou » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:19 am

tenkal wrote:
Taido wrote:@xiumeyourdubu

Subarashii let's PM, but we need more members on the team!

I don't tend to follow dramas as much but rather have a deep appreciation for owarai shows and love them to death. If you ever manage to create a site, I don't mind opening up my collection of owarai shows. I've got some friends that supplies recent episodes from a few owarai shows shows; London Hearts, Tetsuwan Dash, Gaki no Tsukai, ItteQ, Shabekuri 007...etc in 720-HDTV for our small circle of friends and I don't mind sharing them. I've got about 3TB+ of owarai shows -old and new- mostly in HD and growing daily as I begin adding stuff from perfect dark and share into my collection and am open to sharing some of the older ones upon demand.

On the topic of DoA, I'd love to be a part of them but mostly focus on j-variety stuff, I've only used avidemux to do most of my encoding, generally in x264 mp4 with video data bitrate of around 3000-5000kbps, higher bitrate=better quality=larger file as I've come to understand.

Please share :wub: :wub:
Anywhere would be fine, really
Also, I have messaged you about perfect dark. Do reply
Thanks

Superis

Postby Superis » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:25 am

Hi,

i've never had problems with Asiatorrents though...
If you leave the seeding, the bonus points are coming quickly, if you upload, the ratings increase very high...
in the last days i've made a 10 Gb upload to increase the ratio, and after that downloaded 40 Gb, and tha ratio is still the same. Ok, i seed 6-8 hours a day :)

Peter

Superis

Postby Superis » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:46 am

i also have 1 invitation for Asiatorrents, if anyone needs it, PM me pls

Peter

Return to “D-Addicts Stuff”