Plan for new torrent system - completed

News, Updates and Information about this site.
This section is important, please read it for changes about the site!
Saltine

Postby Saltine » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:36 pm

Otsukaresama deshita, Ruroshin.
You've done an excellent work. :thumleft:

Love Angel

Postby Love Angel » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:47 pm

Otsukaresama deshita :D
Thanks for ur hard work...we really appreciate it :thumleft:

GenoSv

Postby GenoSv » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:25 pm

Everything is working great, Thank you very much Ruroshin! :)
//Geno

eepsuel

Postby eepsuel » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:16 pm

Thanks so much for all your hard work. I can't get the new downlads to work (all my other torrents are connecting fine, only d-addicts torrents have no DL/UL speeds at all?) -- but the reason im posting is cuz ive been here forever, but didn't post and i just want to say THANK YOU for keeping d-addicts up and going!! As for my troubles connecting, I'll figure it out -- just glad you guys are sticking around!

eepsuel

Postby eepsuel » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:24 pm

I'm sorry -- can i ask this here? If these are now public trackers, why are the torrents DHT, Local Peer and Peer Exchange not allowed? I think that's my problem -- i even downladed the new torrents (Legend of 4 Gods) but it simply won't connect... Like I said, my other torrents are ULing and DLing just fine... Sigh, I'm sorry if this isn't where I should ask!

EDIT: I just tested a random torrent and *that* one works great, the public options are working... I guess four Gods just has no public trackers yet... thanks

Toru-chan

Postby Toru-chan » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:56 am

Thanks for your hard work.

Would it be possible to include a scraper so on the torrent list you can say the number of uploaders and downloaders? This would let you avoid out old torrents with no seeders and work out which old favorites need a leg up. ThePirateBay do this and all they have is DHT with no tracker at all.

BTW I hope DHT is still enabled.

saigo_x

Postby saigo_x » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:23 pm

@Ruroshin
Is there any official policy on series that were previously removed beacause of licensing and take down requests? Can the torrents now be reuploaded? :fear:

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ruroshin » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:17 pm

saigo_x wrote:@Ruroshin
Is there any official policy on series that were previously removed beacause of licensing and take down requests? Can the torrents now be reuploaded? :fear:

No lets not push it. Don't reupload them.

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby aNToK » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:48 pm

This has got to be the smoothest transition of it's type on a tracker this busy I've ever seen.

Nice job, Ruroshin. And nice job to to community for being so helpful and supportive.
I am not obsessed. I am just very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very focussed...

awiz

Postby awiz » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:37 am

:D New systems is working great!! Thanks for all your work in keeping D Addicts alive.

saigo_x

Postby saigo_x » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:42 am

Ruroshin wrote:No lets not push it. Don't reupload them.

Ok, figured as much. Just wanted an authoritative answer. :salut:

yamatosoul

Postby yamatosoul » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:34 pm

Can someone tell me the difference between the 3 download links? Also, what is that new U-shaped link? I've seen the same question here from a few other people but I am yet to see a response. Please advise.

awiz

Postby awiz » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:36 pm

:D :D :D
WOW!!! That magnet connection is fantastic. I set it to automatic so it would
drop the download into Utorrent and it is using my full 10M D/L BW for Fumo Chitai and
Mageratenai Onna. Granted there are over 400 seed for each.
I don't believe it, as I was typing this, both completed. That has to be the fasted D/L
I have ever experienced.
This system works better than the original. Great work!

saigo_x

Postby saigo_x » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:47 pm

yamatosoul wrote:Can someone tell me the difference between the 3 download links? Also, what is that new U-shaped link? I've seen the same question here from a few other people but I am yet to see a response. Please advise.

The torrent files are hosted on three different torrent cache sites, thus the three download links. You can download from either one, it will be the same torrent file.
The u-shaped link is called a magnet link. It allows your bittorrent client to search for and download the torrent file from other peers (more info).

KazAwre5

Postby KazAwre5 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:08 pm

eepsuel wrote:Thanks so much for all your hard work. I can't get the new downlads to work (all my other torrents are connecting fine, only d-addicts torrents have no DL/UL speeds at all?) -- but the reason im posting is cuz ive been here forever, but didn't post and i just want to say THANK YOU for keeping d-addicts up and going!! As for my troubles connecting, I'll figure it out -- just glad you guys are sticking around!

You have to re-download the torrents. The old tracker is offline. Your bittorrent client should ask "you've already downloaded this torrent, do you want to add these trackers to it?" and just say YES.

Ruroshin wrote:
KazAwre5 wrote:
Orbity wrote:
sallia wrote:hi... i don't understand this... what is the meaning? can someone explain to me?

D-Addicts are/were receiving "take down' notices. To solve this and prevent it from occurring again, admins have dissolved the D-Addicts Tracker from all torrents posted here. They now use 'Public' trackers instead.
I don't really understand this. Since, from the user's point of view, the site will operate mostly the same, won't it still get take down notices? This new generation of trackers seem to separate trackers from torrents, so hosting the torrents but not the tracker - what does that really get you in terms of DMCA takedown notices, etc.? Will it really stop them & placate your web host?

Just want to correct you there about the bolded point. We will not be hosting torrents either. There will be other sites that will host the torrent but not DA. I'll be deleting them all off DA in a couple of days or maybe even today.

Yes, I see that now. Thank you for all your hard work & good luck. :)

saigo_x

Postby saigo_x » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:14 pm

KazAwre5 wrote:
eepsuel wrote:Thanks so much for all your hard work. I can't get the new downlads to work (all my other torrents are connecting fine, only d-addicts torrents have no DL/UL speeds at all?) -- but the reason im posting is cuz ive been here forever, but didn't post and i just want to say THANK YOU for keeping d-addicts up and going!! As for my troubles connecting, I'll figure it out -- just glad you guys are sticking around!

You have to re-download the torrents. The old tracker is offline. Your bittorrent client should ask "you've already downloaded this torrent, do you want to add these trackers to it?" and just say YES.

Not all clients have this feature. Vuze/Azurues only gives an error saying the torrent already exists.

Peggy

re new download system

Postby Peggy » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:35 pm

I did a test run and was able to download OK. When I clicked to open folder it all vanished. I think it must be somewhere in my HD but no amount of searching will pull it out.
Has anyone else had this problem?? Any comments would help. thanks.

Peggy

jansen71

Help!!!!!

Postby jansen71 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:09 pm

I don't know if it's just me (probably is) but I can't get anything to download?
I know the format has changed but when I try to I get a message saying the file cannot download because it cannot be changed or something like that.
Can anyone help? I use Utorrent.

BBOvenGuy

Postby BBOvenGuy » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:10 pm

My apologies if this has been covered already. I looked around but didn't see it.

What effect does this change have on the RSS feed? Before, Bloglines was able to pick up new torrents that were posted. Now I'm not getting anything. Is the RSS feed now dead, do I have to re-initialize it or change it, or what?

Thanks!

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ruroshin » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:32 pm

BBOvenGuy wrote:My apologies if this has been covered already. I looked around but didn't see it.

What effect does this change have on the RSS feed? Before, Bloglines was able to pick up new torrents that were posted. Now I'm not getting anything. Is the RSS feed now dead, do I have to re-initialize it or change it, or what?

Thanks!

Fixing the RSS feed is on my list of things todo.

BBOvenGuy

Postby BBOvenGuy » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:55 pm

Ruroshin wrote:Fixing the RSS feed is on my list of things to do.

Okay, great! Just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed anything. I can wait until you get to it.

aaadramavr

Postby aaadramavr » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:50 am

Thank you for all of your hard work and effort over the years. I very much appreciate this site and hope it will continue far into the future.

Kaila

Postby Kaila » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:30 am

This is still the best place to visit <3 I love you guys. Thank you so much for your hard work. Word cannot describe my gratitude!

MitsukaiKuroi

Postby MitsukaiKuroi » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:20 am

Thank you SO very much for doing all of this so we can still share in the experience of Asian Dramas!!! I can not imagine being on the NET without D-Addicts!!!

Thank you again for all of your hard work!!! :cheers:
Currently Watching :

eepsuel

Postby eepsuel » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:20 pm

I did re-download the torrents (again, in my case, it's only Legend of the Four Gods that still has it as "private" -- I downladed Legend Our Freind just fine AFTER the changeover).... The problem is, when Legend of the four gods went thru the changeover -- it was still locked as private. DHT, Local Peer etc is still not allowed....

Again, in my case, I can download anything BUT Four Gods. Lol. And of course, (as is my luck) just days before you underwent the change, my pc crashed and I lost all episodes of Four Gods :(((((

That being said, whether or not you can unlock it (I HOPE SO!!) -- no matter what -- you guys do an AWESOME job -- and I haven't said that enough.... Just love, love, love d-addicts!!

Syobon

Postby Syobon » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:11 pm

using public tracker is a very good move! thank you very much for all the efforts

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby lilswtangel » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:37 am

Very smooth transition, like someone mentioned earlier, I can barely see the differences in the Torrents Page.

Great job, Ruroshin! :)

Ebi-chan

Postby Ebi-chan » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:54 am

Thank you very much for your hard work! おつかれさまでした!

kirtil

Postby kirtil » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:12 am

Thank you for your hard work and dedication.

untypikal

Postby untypikal » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:27 pm

I'm glad that d-addicts is working hard to stay around, even if that means a few changes.

Speaking of changes, what are the 3 arrows I see for torrents now? I couldn't find the info anywhere.

uchinanchuu

Postby uchinanchuu » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:52 pm

Also from me BIG THXs for your hard work...

D-Addicts is still running... That's what matters...

KOHG045

Just to say thank you

Postby KOHG045 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:34 pm

Thank you for your hard work on this. Glad the stats are gone - just asking for trouble. Glad this happened, well under different circumstances gives you alot of protection. Since people are uploading torrents themselves does this change daddicts policy regarding what can be placed on Daddicts?

Syobon

Postby Syobon » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:53 am

KOHG045 wrote:Thank you for your hard work on this. Glad the stats are gone - just asking for trouble. Glad this happened, well under different circumstances gives you alot of protection. Since people are uploading torrents themselves does this change daddicts policy regarding what can be placed on Daddicts?

i think no! :|

Taido

Hoeray

Postby Taido » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:12 pm

I'm glad that all the good work has not been lost :cheers:

:thumleft: to all who made this possible and :thumright: for those who put all their efforts into this piece of art

I'll be able to continue :tv:

A thousand, no a million thanks

im_blossom

Postby im_blossom » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:46 pm

Since the stats about seeders and leechers are gone, how can I see if a torrent is still active? (I haven't been around here for a while so if this is already answered by someone, please let me know where I can find it, thanks in advance)

AkumaX
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby AkumaX » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:01 pm

im_blossom wrote:Since the stats about seeders and leechers are gone, how can I see if a torrent is still active? (I haven't been around here for a while so if this is already answered by someone, please let me know where I can find it, thanks in advance)

you'd have to download the torrent and connect to it to see if there are available seeders

im_blossom

Postby im_blossom » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:05 pm

AkumaX wrote:
im_blossom wrote:Since the stats about seeders and leechers are gone, how can I see if a torrent is still active? (I haven't been around here for a while so if this is already answered by someone, please let me know where I can find it, thanks in advance)

you'd have to download the torrent and connect to it to see if there are available seeders

Exactly, but I want to prevent this from downloading inactive torrents. I want to be sure that I'm downloading active torrents beforehand. Is there a way?

dingjie

Postby dingjie » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:15 pm

hi i understand the trackers are updated but some pages no longer have the torrent such as miss no good, Mean Girl Ah Chu and why why love? hate to see these shows gone

saigo_x

Postby saigo_x » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:31 pm

dingjie wrote:hi i understand the trackers are updated but some pages no longer have the torrent such as miss no good, Mean Girl Ah Chu and why why love? hate to see these shows gone

A number of series were removed due to take down requests, which led to the switch to public trackers. See this thread: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_82230.htm.

sjslover

Postby sjslover » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:35 pm

cud anyone help me. i try to open many page to find how can download new torrent file but no answer for me. cud u plz guide me how can i download for new torrent type. big thank

TomiK

Postby TomiK » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:23 pm

sjslover wrote:cud anyone help me. i try to open many page to find how can download new torrent file but no answer for me. cud u plz guide me how can i download for new torrent type. big thank

The torrents are downloaded from one of the three torrent caches shown in the Torrent column. Just click on one of three to download it and then open it in your bit torrent program. Since the names used in the downloads are some type of long "hash" code, I find it easier to copy and paste the name I want from the Name column when I save the torrent file on my system - easier to keep things semi-organized that way :).

Good Luck

RB

Postby RB » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:31 pm

I thought you would also create a packet with all the torrents, was that idea dropped?

sjslover

Postby sjslover » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:21 pm

big thqank to tomik, rb,Ethlenn x thank thank thank
success :cheers: :D :D :salut:
at first time i can not do uit bcz i using process as same as i used to use wz old torrent
-download torrent file by orbit downloader to floder in my com then open utorrent n add torrent which system show can not find torrent file (bcz when download i show only alpabet n munber-

but aftr all of u said it work, i try other way by used orbit but didnt save just open , it's automatic link to utorrent and auto add to utorrent

wow wow thank for all your help x your kindness :wub:

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby k361 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:43 am

There was a subdomain http://jem.d-addicts.com/ with batch-torrents from [jem].
I cant access this page since few days. is it removed?

Where can i get this torrents?

Kumakun

Many torrents with invalid data

Postby Kumakun » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:59 pm

Many of the torrents for Jin with Ayase Haruka cannot be opened: For example, Transmission reports:

"95FAFF7C9B91DE7C1FB05D8D0C46F9E8E936D858.torrent" is not a valid torrent file.

The torrent file cannot be opened because it contains invalid data.

therecanbeonlyone

Postby therecanbeonlyone » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:10 am

have you guys considered usenet?

minordv8

Terrible news

Postby minordv8 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:04 am

This is bad. I still enjoy the forums but now I have to go somewhere else for my jdrama fix. It's unfortunate that this site will be reduced to a wiki and forum.

I will miss the days when d-addicts was my one stop shop but oh well if you won't fight for it then I wont argue.