Movie torrents are moving to FSS

News, Updates and Information about this site.
This section is important, please read it for changes about the site!
groink

Postby groink » Fri May 05, 2006 4:35 am

Anyone here up-and-up on the status of FSS? I tried connecting to the forum just now, and it appears that the server name fst.omnipage.co.uk cannot resolve using several DNS servers - including dnsstuff.com. Using dnsstuff.com, I get:

Searching for fst.omnipage.co.uk A record at dns2.scansoft.com. [192.135.86.25]: Reports that no A records exist.

--- groink

toyotaku

Postby toyotaku » Sat May 06, 2006 3:04 am

groink wrote:Anyone here up-and-up on the status of FSS? I tried connecting to the forum just now, and it appears that the server name fst.omnipage.co.uk cannot resolve using several DNS servers - including dnsstuff.com. Using dnsstuff.com, I get:

Searching for fst.omnipage.co.uk A record at dns2.scansoft.com. [192.135.86.25]: Reports that no A records exist.

Not sure if you got this resolved, but I haven't had any problems logging onto the site and messing about the forum. I know Kie did some code cleanup just over a week or so ago to optimize the database, but it seemed to only affect people's Uread Posts function. They also had a couple of times back at the beginning of the year when the system messed up members' ratios as well as deleting some members and some torrents (the second time it did that, a system restore was done to roll it back, but of course everyone lost whatever they'd achieved/loaded after the point of rollback). Except for the latest little glitch with the unread posts function, it's been working fine since February. Unfortunately, that's all the info I have from the news forum.

groink

Postby groink » Sat May 06, 2006 9:14 am

Its working again! I'm assuming that at the moment the DNS server of theirs was down.

a_evie

Postby a_evie » Tue May 16, 2006 3:25 am

FSS...i can't get in at all.

it keeps prompting me for a user id n password. all efforts to create an account is not possible.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Postby mizune » Tue May 16, 2006 3:32 am

^ Unless things have changed since I last looked (which was quite awhile ago), FSS has a closed membership that only opens periodically when they weed out the existing accounts that aren't active or aren't maintaining their ratios. So unless you've already got an account there, you'll have to wait for new membership to open up (sorry, I have no idea when that would be)

a_evie

Postby a_evie » Tue May 16, 2006 4:30 am

hi mizune...

thanx for the info. will just have to visit that page a wee more often to find out when they will open up....

so does that mean there is now ay for me to check on the movie torrents available inside too?

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jholic » Thu May 18, 2006 3:19 am

yes, that's pretty much what that means. some of us are in the same boat.
Use THUMBS UP/DOWN buttons to KEEP or DELETE posts.
If you see SPAM or ABUSE, use the REPORT button.

eternal_dragon_666

Postby eternal_dragon_666 » Sat May 20, 2006 11:26 pm

now why would they do that? I mean, this IS bittorrent, rite? so more members should mean more sharing which equals better speeds... :scratch:
Anyways, could the movie torrents in FFS be found on other torrent searchers like torrentspy or piratebay?

groink

Postby groink » Sat May 20, 2006 11:44 pm

eternal_dragon_666 wrote:now why would they do that? I mean, this IS bittorrent, rite? so more members should mean more sharing which equals better speeds... :scratch:
Anyways, could the movie torrents in FFS be found on other torrent searchers like torrentspy or piratebay?

No, the torrent files are not found on other sites. They'd be useless anyway... Even if a FSS member gave a non-member the torrent file, the torrent file is still useless because the IP address is linked to the FSS membership account. If you do not log onto FSS, then the tracker won't allow you to use it.

As for whether or not BitTorrent should be private or public, keep in mind that Bram Cohen, the inventor of BitTorrent, never once said that all torrents must remain public. So let's not get into that type of debate.

--- groink

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jholic » Sun May 21, 2006 4:04 am

eternal: just to clarify groink's statement.... you may be able to find the "items" (movies, series, shows, etc.) that are posted on FSS on other sites like torrentspy, piratebay, etc. but you will not find the exact same torrent file on another site unless one of their members manually uploads it (as another torrent file) to another tracker.

eternal_dragon_666

Postby eternal_dragon_666 » Sun May 21, 2006 5:59 pm

jholic wrote:eternal: just to clarify groink's statement.... you may be able to find the "items" (movies, series, shows, etc.) that are posted on FSS on other sites like torrentspy, piratebay, etc. but you will not find the exact same torrent file on another site unless one of their members manually uploads it (as another torrent file) to another tracker.

hehehe, darn it, thought I found a backdoor to FSS. :lol
@groink: I wasn't actually saying torrents have to be public. I was just pointing out the fact that more members downloading a torrent (and sharing) should benefit all. So I was sorta skeptical about why FSS isn't open to public.

aaron_burr

FSS Down?

Postby aaron_burr » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:56 pm

Hi all,

I'm not able to get into FSS today and my torrents shared there seem to have lost the tracker.
does anyine have any news of this site?

Thanks

Dave

brian55112

why the change?

Postby brian55112 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:39 pm

i saw my first drama on Utube it was DBY, i fell in love, watched more there, then i found D-Addicts! and I knew it was perfect for me.

My question is this, why are the torrents moved and does this happen to have anything to do with USA raid on 11 hubs on or about August 23 2006? ..I know they were trying to stop current movie trading from taking away from box office sales at theaters.

I lost some megs of Winter Sonata when i went from a 20 gig drive to a 160. Im currently proud to be sharing 40+gigs of asian dramas.
:D

Kuraharashizue

Postby Kuraharashizue » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:15 pm

D-Addicts is better. I wish the movies had stayed here.

Does this mean that a movie of a dorama will no longer be available here?

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Re: why the change?

Postby Ruroshin » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:49 am

brian55112 wrote:i saw my first drama on Utube it was DBY, i fell in love, watched more there, then i found D-Addicts! and I knew it was perfect for me.

My question is this, why are the torrents moved and does this happen to have anything to do with USA raid on 11 hubs on or about August 23 2006? ..I know they were trying to stop current movie trading from taking away from box office sales at theaters.

I lost some megs of Winter Sonata when i went from a 20 gig drive to a 160. Im currently proud to be sharing 40+gigs of asian dramas.
:D

if you look at the date of the first post its from 2004 so this decision has been long made.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jholic » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:38 am

Kuraharashizue wrote:Does this mean that a movie of a dorama will no longer be available here?

if it's a movie or a film, it's pretty much what that means.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ruroshin » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:07 pm

jholic wrote:
Kuraharashizue wrote:Does this mean that a movie of a dorama will no longer be available here?

if it's a movie or a film, it's pretty much what that means.

if its a TV movie though then it should be ok i.e. movie made for showing on TV only and not for theatrical release.

cassius

Postby cassius » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:35 pm

anyone know whats happened to FSS? havent been able to reach the site for awhile?

groink

Postby groink » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:22 pm

I can connect right now just fine.
1. Always read FAQs for a given forum before posting.
2. Read the first few posts in a topic before posting.
3. Speak using complete English words.
4. The Internet is international. Respect regional and cultural values.

cassius

Postby cassius » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:40 pm

groink wrote:I can connect right now just fine.

to http://fst.omnilounge.co.uk ? just tried it then and it didnt work...

groink

Postby groink » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:44 pm

cassius wrote:

Yes, that's the link. It's still working on my end. I tried it on three different networks. Maybe your ISP firewalled the site.

--- groink

cassius

Postby cassius » Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:45 am

groink wrote:
cassius wrote:

Yes, that's the link. It's still working on my end. I tried it on three different networks. Maybe your ISP firewalled the site.

--- groink

eh? i never even thought of that...
actually, i cant even ping their site...

toyotaku

Postby toyotaku » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:03 am

cassius wrote:
groink wrote:Yes, that's the link. It's still working on my end. I tried it on three different networks. Maybe your ISP firewalled the site.

--- groink

eh? i never even thought of that...
actually, i cant even ping their site...

Another FSS member was just having trouble accessing the site, too. Someone suggested they use a proxy server and it worked.

geoff2005

Postby geoff2005 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:28 am

asdf. always too full of memebers to sign up

cassius

Postby cassius » Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:37 am

geoff2005 wrote:asdf. always too full of memebers to sign up

im already signed up...

toyotaku wrote:Another FSS member was just having trouble accessing the site, too. Someone suggested they use a proxy server and it worked.

cheers...at least i know it aint just me...got worried that they banned my IP or something
and umm...proxy server? thats a bit too complex for me... :goggle: :lol

toyotaku

Postby toyotaku » Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:36 pm

cassius (and anyone else who was having trouble accessing the site) ~~

kie just did some tweaking, so try acessing it directly again.

cassius

Postby cassius » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:09 pm

toyotaku wrote:cassius (and anyone else who was having trouble accessing the site) ~~

kie just did some tweaking, so try acessing it directly again.

not working for me at the moment, but will try again in a few days time...

thanks! :D

kobe23

Postby kobe23 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:46 pm

The problem with FSS is that its users only seed current and popular titles, so if you're looking for anything that's not very common, you're out of luck. If you ask someone to seed an old(ish) title, you will usually get a reply like this:

"torrent is dead, it was posted like 5 months ago...good luck trying to find seeds"

I find ed2k is still better for movies .... unless I find a torrent site that's as good as d-addicts is for dramas...

toyotaku

Postby toyotaku » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:32 pm

kobe23 wrote:The problem with FSS is that its users only seed current and popular titles, so if you're looking for anything that's not very common, you're out of luck. If you ask someone to seed an old(ish) title, you will usually get a reply like this:

"torrent is dead, it was posted like 5 months ago...good luck trying to find seeds"

It must depend on genre/category because my experience of FSS is the complete opposite. In the year+ that I've been a member, I've not once failed to get a Japanese film seeded and I've had to request a seed only a handful of times and for films that are both old torrents and on a wide variety of subjects & production years. All this time, I've only had problems with incredibly slow seeding for two films, but hey, it was still being seeded (one of those was a matter of the guy had like 20 films he was seeding at the same time). The same is true for the music files and HK films I've gone after.

I dearly adore d-addicts, but I have more of the above response here. I shouldn't have to beg for months (and still haven't succeeded) to get a seed for one missing episode of a drama from this year. A much older drama, I can understand, but not after a few months.

kobe23

Postby kobe23 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:57 pm

heh, I guess everyone has different experiences and I really should give FSS another chance soon, but trying to download 3 or 4 movies without luck is not very encouraging :/

As for d-addicts, the only drama I've had trouble with seeds is What Happened in Bali, after a few months of requesting there was finaly someone who offered to seed but I had already obtained the file of Clubbox. Speaking of which, CB is a great resource for both drama and movies if you don't mind getting your hands dirty.

eternal_dragon_666

Postby eternal_dragon_666 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:51 am

I found asiandvdclub.org was really good. It's got nearly every asian movie you could think of, and it has DVD versions of dramas as well. The downside's you need to keep a download to upload ratio, which sucks because there's not enough leechers. So since FSS is closed, and FSC's not a recommendable community, give asiandvd a try.

edit: FSS is open! Finally!

kie

Postby kie » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:20 pm

a little birdy told me that now would be a good time to try and sign up...

Antares

Postby Antares » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:28 am

I'm trying to find My Tutor Friend. Where can I download this movie?

MoonKittenLuna

Postby MoonKittenLuna » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:27 pm

Well, every time that I try this new site, I only get this:

FSS1.0 is no more. Come to IRC to find out about FSS2.0
irc://irc.rizon.net/FSS

Which would be all fine and dandy if I used/knew how to use IRC. :glare:

gohmifune

Postby gohmifune » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:12 am

Try this, just in case you haven't gotten it. http://fss.omnilounge.co.uk/index.php

Ah, the days of D-Addicts and movies...

Natural_disaster

Postby Natural_disaster » Mon May 31, 2010 12:49 pm

it says invitation codes have already been taken :( how long do i have to wait to get an invitation code do u think?

Natural_disaster

Postby Natural_disaster » Mon May 31, 2010 12:50 pm

or can u suggest any other website? cause i don't find what i am looking for :(

Natural_disaster

Postby Natural_disaster » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:33 pm

can anyboyd help me pls???

leestern

Postby leestern » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:29 am

Natural_disaster wrote:can anyboyd help me pls???

Try http://asiandvdclub.org if you are looking for asian movies

Natural_disaster

Postby Natural_disaster » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:38 pm

Actually i want movies in dvdrip format and as i know in asiandvdclub.org just have dvds :/ but thanks anyway :)

y0ssy

Postby y0ssy » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:13 am

Is there any chance of being invited to FSS? Love to catch up on some movies. :-)

darkw1zard

Postby darkw1zard » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:25 am

I think they are closed.

huyie
Fansub Admin
Fansub Admin

Postby huyie » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:46 am

I still have a few invitations if you want them. PM if you are still interested. Mind you, there really isn't a lot of activity there. The last things to have been uploaded of late seems to be jdoramas.
Most of the activity nowadays is at asiatorrents.

y0ssy

Postby y0ssy » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:08 am

Thank you Huyie :D I'll send you a PM then.

y0ssy

Postby y0ssy » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:43 am

I can't seem to access the FSS site :-( Is it on maintenance? Does anyone know?

tkino

Re: Movie torrents are moving to FSS

Postby tkino » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:23 pm