Movie torrents are moving to FSS

News, Updates and Information about this site.
This section is important, please read it for changes about the site!
Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Movie torrents are moving to FSS

Postby Ruroshin » Wed May 26, 2004 10:36 pm

Kie has very kindly offered to host the movie torrents on FSS so all remaining movie torrents on d-addicts have been re-located to FSC Seeders. Go there for your movie fix, if you're currently downloading a movie you will have to redownload the new torrents over at FSS. I will be removing all the movies from this site later on today.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ruroshin » Thu May 27, 2004 12:44 am

Newbies won't be able to see all the torrents at FSS so you can download the torrent files by going through the indexes listed below:

jmovie index

kmovie index

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby iceberri » Thu May 27, 2004 12:51 am

Not all of those movies are from the FSS tracker though. I remember downloading Go and Laundry from the jmovie list, but those movies were not released by FSS uploaders.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ruroshin » Thu May 27, 2004 12:54 am

I went through and changed all the jmovie torrents to point to FSS's tracker then I realised not all the torrents were from d-addicts/groinks tracker in the first place :P

The kmovies though I only changed the torrents that had d-addicts/groinks tracker.

Oh well there were only a small few of the jmovie that was using another tracker anyway.

amrayu
Administrator
Administrator

Postby amrayu » Thu May 27, 2004 1:04 am

so we can seed any of these movies that you listed, and have it added to our FSS account ratio??
Follow SARS-Fansubs on Twitter now!
Get up-to-date info on dramas and fansubbing!

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ruroshin » Thu May 27, 2004 1:06 am

amrayu wrote:so we can seed any of these movies that you listed, and have it added to our FSS account ratio??

I think so, it is listed on the FSS tracker now.

kie

Postby kie » Thu May 27, 2004 6:56 am

amrayu wrote:so we can seed any of these movies that you listed, and have it added to our FSS account ratio??

Yep that's right 8)

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ruroshin » Thu May 27, 2004 7:50 am

All movie torrents have now been deleted from d-addicts.

ar-a-mach
Location: Acty Shiodome 1-1-6 Kaigan "Shiodome Sio-site"-Minato-Ku / Tokyo-

T_T

Postby ar-a-mach » Thu May 27, 2004 9:34 am

bleh we can't register there cause they reached their 75000 user limit. . . .
:cry:

Nautilus

FSS tracker

Postby Nautilus » Thu May 27, 2004 10:04 am

Can someone pls explain to me about FSS tracker? I went there before but don't know how to download the torrent file...!!!!!

I registered an account there as well but still can't d/l the torrent. Do we need to click on the torrent to download it????
The funny thing is they say I have low ratio so I am not authorized, but how do I suppose to get high ratio if I can't get the torrent file ???????? Also how can they calculate the ratio??? base on what criteria??? my ip address???? but it's dynamic so I still don't understand. If possible can someone pass this question to their admin

Thanks

Trixic

Postby Trixic » Thu May 27, 2004 11:49 am

I can't even register an account there.
The site said the max number of users have been reached.
And when I go to the link kmovie index provided above by the site admin and tried to resume downloading my file, it won't work.
And I spend more than a week on downloading the movie to 70%.
What am I to do now? :pale:

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ruroshin » Thu May 27, 2004 12:03 pm

Trixic wrote:I can't even register an account there.
And when I go to the link kmovie index provided above by the site admin and tried to resume downloading my file, it won't work.

Well theres no reason why you can't resume downloading. What exactly happens when you try and what BT client are you using?

kie

Postby kie » Thu May 27, 2004 1:28 pm

The FSS Tracker requires you to achieve a good ratio in order to use the site fully. The better your ratio, the more oyu can access.

If you are new to the site, there are plenty of torrents to be found in the "Torrent Talk" forum for you to get started. Furthermore, all the old D-Addicts torrents are freely available as posted by Ruroshin. So please don't whine about not being able to download torrents. Get a good ratio with the torrents available to you, and then you won't have any further problems.

Also it is perfectly possible to sign up. I just tried it and it worked fine. There is a very small chance that if the site is incredibly busy that your registration won't be accepted, in which case wait 5 minutes and try again. But we only have about 600 members, no where near the limit.

Finally, you don't actually even need to sign up if you just want to resume/start one of the D-addict movie torrents. As Ruroshin says, there's no reason why your torrent shouldn't work. Which torrent is it?

Cheryl

How to go to FSS to register?

Postby Cheryl » Thu May 27, 2004 2:29 pm

Hi, as I am new to this site. Know that all movies shifted to FSS tracker. May I know how to go in to register? Thankyou.

kie

Re: How to go to FSS to register?

Postby kie » Thu May 27, 2004 2:32 pm

Cheryl wrote:Hi, as I am new to this site. Know that all movies shifted to FSS tracker. May I know how to go in to register? Thankyou.

hi - there's a link in the first post...

Cheryl

Re: How to go to FSS to register?

Postby Cheryl » Thu May 27, 2004 2:35 pm

kie wrote:
Cheryl wrote:Hi, as I am new to this site. Know that all movies shifted to FSS tracker. May I know how to go in to register? Thankyou.

hi - there's a link in the first post...

Thank you very much. Can find it now and sign up as member just now. Thanks.

gemp

Postby gemp » Thu May 27, 2004 2:55 pm

Ruroshin wrote:
Trixic wrote:I can't even register an account there.

Well theres no reason why you can't resume downloading. What exactly happens when you try and what BT client are you using?

I had a problem registering, it said I had to eventually connect to the site on port 81... But the link provided to re-submit via this port was to torrentbits.org (the 75,000 users site). Maybe the one Trixic is on now...

But my problem wasn't port 80 or 81, it was because I had a webserver running on my machine: I stopped it during the registering process, and voilà!

Plus: I could use the FSS tracker before registering, having a torrent open in AZ and changing the tracker url upon discovering the move. Fortunately, it was was very good ratio and I benefited from all of it, tho most of it was done here :)

Thanks guys.

jianwa

Postby jianwa » Thu May 27, 2004 3:31 pm

No more withdraw sadness for me. 1 site for TV and TV OST addiction and the other for your movies. The drug taste good! :lol

helikoppter

Postby helikoppter » Thu May 27, 2004 5:59 pm

gemp wrote:Plus: I could use the FSS tracker before registering, having a torrent open in AZ and changing the tracker url upon discovering the move. Fortunately, it was was very good ratio and I benefited from all of it, tho most of it was done here :).

I wouldn't mind getting a bonus for the many extra gigs uploaded on some of those movies. :) Anyone know if that's possible with the ABC client? (kinda new on using it..)

neefo

Postby neefo » Thu May 27, 2004 6:21 pm

maybe d-addicts should have a ratio thing like them :D

ar-a-mach
Location: Acty Shiodome 1-1-6 Kaigan "Shiodome Sio-site"-Minato-Ku / Tokyo-

:(

Postby ar-a-mach » Thu May 27, 2004 6:22 pm

i'm sorry to say this but the movie i'm interested in are not necesseraly in the talk forum
and the keep ratio is deadly because my ISP gives me 5.5Mbits dl but 256kbits upl
;=[

i think i'll keep getting my torrent in vietnam or china.

:glare:

Trixic

Postby Trixic » Thu May 27, 2004 9:31 pm

I am using BitTorrent 3.4.2 and the torrent I am downloading is One Fine spring Day.
My torrent just keep displaying connecting to peers and can't download...am I doing something wrong?
I'm not whining but I really did try to sign up but there keeps popping a msg saying that the max 75,000 memebers have been reached.
As I'm computer illiterate, it's really hard for me to find a site as good as D-drama where I can download movies hassle free.
And this is the second movie I have tried to download.
Oh and Gemp, how do I stop the webserver?
Pls advise me as I don't know to to do it...
kie wrote:The FSS Tracker requires you to achieve a good ratio in order to use the site fully. The better your ratio, the more oyu can access.

If you are new to the site, there are plenty of torrents to be found in the "Torrent Talk" forum for you to get started. Furthermore, all the old D-Addicts torrents are freely available as posted by Ruroshin. So please don't whine about not being able to download torrents. Get a good ratio with the torrents available to you, and then you won't have any further problems.

Also it is perfectly possible to sign up. I just tried it and it worked fine. There is a very small chance that if the site is incredibly busy that your registration won't be accepted, in which case wait 5 minutes and try again. But we only have about 600 members, no where near the limit.

Finally, you don't actually even need to sign up if you just want to resume/start one of the D-addict movie torrents. As Ruroshin says, there's no reason why your torrent shouldn't work. Which torrent is it?

kie

Postby kie » Thu May 27, 2004 9:44 pm

Sorry to hear your troubles.
You could be accessing the site through a proxy.

Try signing up here

Hopefully that should help.
If you don't know how to turn off a webserver, then I doubt you are running one.

If that still doesn't work, then try and get rid of any proxies that you are using...

blankspace

Postby blankspace » Thu May 27, 2004 10:23 pm

Hello, I'm having the same problems as Trixic, I'm trying to continue my download of Make It Big, but it's stuck on connecting to peers. I've registered already so I know that's not the problem and I don't get any error messages. What should I do to fix the problem? Thanks!

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ruroshin » Thu May 27, 2004 10:32 pm

blankspace wrote:Hello, I'm having the same problems as Trixic, I'm trying to continue my download of Make It Big, but it's stuck on connecting to peers. I've registered already so I know that's not the problem and I don't get any error messages. What should I do to fix the problem? Thanks!

Well I just tried out the Make It Big torrent and it seems there are only 2 peers on there and it took me a while to connect to one of them but I did eventually. So there's nothing wrong with it, its just there's not much peers for you to connect to thus you keep getting the connecting to peers message. Give it a few days so that people realise that they have to migrate over to the new torrents and you may see more peers.

e54d

How do you get a good ratio?

Postby e54d » Fri May 28, 2004 2:19 am

Hallo, wanted to register and post on this forum cos of two things

1) stumbled onto d-addicts earlier this month, and I wanted to thank everyone for their effort and generosity - thanks to you all i've managed to watch some movies that i've been dying to:

Visitor Q, Azumi (aya she's cute!! second half of the movie got better), Tetsuo, Save the Green Planet, Sonatine, .. off the top of my head. not bad for 2 weeks

2) now that things have sorta settled down, i wanna ask how you can improve your ratio? i'm also experiencing the 'connecting to peers' thing, with no downloaded bytes at all. Plus i did see a popup window that said i was banned from the tracker for leeching.
ow! what should i do?

clueless newb

PS. oh yeah could anyone please seed Fudoh? We're all stuck at 96%!
reformed Jongkie, but jkdorama+movies are much harder to kick

C1Z3T4

building up download/upload RATIO

Postby C1Z3T4 » Fri May 28, 2004 2:21 am

Hi, i just signed up to FSS, and as expected, unable to access most of the torrents due to low ratio.

So far i've only have movies from D-A, so i decided to seed movies i've got from D-A and moved to FSS. But i realised that these movies don't have RATIO restriction on them.

So my question is, will I be able to build ratio by seeding these 'used to be on D-A' movies?

Also wanna use this chance to thanks FSS ppl for tracking the movies.

e54d

Postby e54d » Fri May 28, 2004 3:33 am

aaagh. I'm ranked number one on the sleazy sharers list on FSS! why is this so?
i'm currently seeding Branded to Kill using the tracker i got off the post yesterday, and i've uploaded 1574.00 Megs already at a upload rate of 40k/s

so why am i listed as uploaded 0 Kb? and i've downloaded 2290.6 M, just for this torrent alone, not 257 Mb

can anyone answer my query? thanks y'all, i've got a screenshot to prove it but unfortunately nowhere convenient to upload to at the mo. anyone wants proof just holler eh!

sigh[/img]

puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby puccakiss79 » Fri May 28, 2004 3:48 am

e54d wrote:aaagh. I'm ranked number one on the sleazy sharers list on FSS! why is this so?
i'm currently seeding Branded to Kill using the tracker i got off the post yesterday, and i've uploaded 1574.00 Megs already at a upload rate of 40k/s

so why am i listed as uploaded 0 Kb? and i've downloaded 2290.6 M, just for this torrent alone, not 257 Mb

can anyone answer my query? thanks y'all, i've got a screenshot to prove it but unfortunately nowhere convenient to upload to at the mo. anyone wants proof just holler eh!

sigh[/img]
:), i'm sure you share nicely ed....um i think it takes some time for the stats to update. Not sure on the exact time...you may be able to find that out at the FSS forums cuz i believe someone asked a similar question there before. i see you name is no longer on the sleazy list....so see if the stats in your profile was updated :D

PhilsterT

Postby PhilsterT » Fri May 28, 2004 4:05 am

If I upload a whole bunch before I create a account and then make an account will it have the number of MBs I uploaded before I created the account?

When I create the account is there somewhere where I can check how much I've uploaded/ downloaded? Like ratio.

nexus667

Postby nexus667 » Fri May 28, 2004 4:14 am

Probably not, you have to login to the site before you close your torrents.

To see your ratio goto your profile and click on your username.

:crazy:

e54d

yet another barrage of silly questions

Postby e54d » Mon May 31, 2004 4:16 am

hola! thanks for the responses, my stats have been updated... :|
0.74, which i guess is better than no. 1 sleazeball muahahaha

still not high enough to even view torrent details though. sigh.

anyhow i just wanted to ask if my ratio, et al will be affected if i log in from different PCs.
ie, work vs home (got 3 pcs at home as well!)

will stick to seeding completed downloads, hopefully i will get leechers (haha wow thats like a first for me)

hoshii no ei: full metal yakuza (anyone seen gozu yet? heh) as well as battlefield baseball

jianwa

Re: yet another barrage of silly questions

Postby jianwa » Mon May 31, 2004 6:32 am

e54d wrote:hola! thanks for the responses, my stats have been updated... :|
0.74, which i guess is better than no. 1 sleazeball muahahaha

still not high enough to even view torrent details though. sigh.

anyhow i just wanted to ask if my ratio, et al will be affected if i log in from different PCs.
ie, work vs home (got 3 pcs at home as well!)

will stick to seeding completed downloads, hopefully i will get leechers (haha wow thats like a first for me)

hoshii no ei: full metal yakuza (anyone seen gozu yet? heh) as well as battlefield baseball

Battlefield Baseball is lame. If its supposed to be something like Shaolin Soccer, but i sure didn't laugh as hard as in Shaolin Soccer....1.5 out of 5 stars while SS 4 out of 5.

e54d

aww

Postby e54d » Mon May 31, 2004 7:27 am

Thanks for your opinion :)
darn aznfilms made it out to sound pretty interesting. :P

wonder when they'll release Kung Fu Hustle? Shaolin Soccer is a hoot, Forbidden City Cop rocks but my fave is still Out of the Dark. Maybe sometime later this week i'll figure out how to rip video from a vcd and create a .torrent. :crazy:

Maybe then i'll improve me ratio :cry: on FSS! :w00t: muahahahaha

smileys are fun, nyuk nyuk

voidness

Postby voidness » Mon May 31, 2004 4:34 pm

this is wat i get when i tried to register

"You appear to be connecting through a proxy server. Your organisation or ISP may use a transparent caching HTTP proxy. Please try and disable the proxy and then try to sign up again. "

and no i dont have a webserver running how the hell do i disable the proxy of my ISP ? f*** FS seeder is dumb, i register at hundred of forums and this is the first time tat i got this error ??

jrp13

Postby jrp13 » Sat Jun 05, 2004 11:01 am

I'm having the same problem.
If you know any intelligent, dedicated (emphasis on dedicated) individuals younger than 30 who want to serve their country as an army aviator please feel free to contact me. I will do what I can to help them!
!!FLY ARMY!!

kanosg

Postby kanosg » Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:13 am

i can't get entry to fantastic super club
i applied very long ago...
and they have yet to activate my account...
and i dunno the reason
and i'm using my isp email... not hotmail... no reason to reject??????

haiz... i'm missing out on the kmovies that shld be here....

pls help!!!!!!!!!

Thanx!!!!!!!
KPOP ROCKS!!!!!!!!!

kie

Postby kie » Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:43 pm

Firstly FSC and FSS are 2 different sites.

Secondly, I'm sorry if some people can't sign up but we have to check for proxies otherwise the ratio tracking wouldn't work properly.

Also remember that you don't need to sign up there to use FSS torrents. You only need to sign up if you want access to the extra features (which obviously most people do... :roll )

Have you tried getting in touch with your isp to see if they use an isp and if they offer a solution for sites that require non-proxy access? ou can say that it's a secure site that won't allow connection though proxies.

ladyhien

Postby ladyhien » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:10 pm

Ok, this really confusing me. How do you get to the ffs tracker. Is there a site that we go to in order to find it. If so, what is it. Please, explain this to me. Thanks :)

puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby puccakiss79 » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:18 pm

ladyhien wrote:Ok, this really confusing me. How do you get to the ffs tracker. Is there a site that we go to in order to find it. If so, what is it. Please, explain this to me. Thanks :)

You can learn more at FSS. Please take the time to read the information in their forums....Particularly, the sticky that says Welcome! PLEASE READ THIS FIRST.

ty3

Postby ty3 » Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:05 am

kanosg wrote:i can't get entry to fantastic super club
i applied very long ago...
and they have yet to activate my account...
!

Me too same problem does anyone know whats happening with them?

dtemplar

Postby dtemplar » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:03 am

Why do they have to make things more confusing than it's already is? Bring back the movies links to d-addicts and restore d-addicts to its former glory!

Hell I'll even paypal you some $.

ChUppO

Postby ChUppO » Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:26 am

I'm new and was wondering why there wasn't any movies on this site. Thanks for informing me ^_^

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby aNToK » Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:45 am

Because this is a site dedicated to dramas. Used to be movies too, but they were discontinued a while back. There's a thread on it somewhere here, but I don't know where off the top of my head.
I am not obsessed. I am just very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very focussed...

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ruroshin » Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:07 am

summary:

1. Site created for sharing dramas.
2. Movies added as an after thought
3. Movies causing problems
4. Movies removed.
5. FSS kindly offered to host the movies, movies migrated over to FSS.

aznrockerx

Postby aznrockerx » Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:33 am

omg IS this WERE ALL THE MOVIES WEnt jesus i been lackin asian cinema n this is my reMEDY OMG THX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shadowspawn2

Postby shadowspawn2 » Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:58 am

hi i got banned for no reason...plz can sum1 tell me the email of the amdin so i can email what i have to say..k thanks

rsxdragon

Postby rsxdragon » Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:01 am

can anyone help me? i can't signup. what is the reason?

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby iceberri » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:52 pm

they've temporarily closed registration to new members because there's too many leechers. hopefully, sometime in the new future, they'll open it back up again so you can sign up. Until then, check out suprnova for some of their torrents -- many of them seem to make their way there. ^_^

pflower

Postby pflower » Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:10 pm

FSS Sign-in Page: Donations are known to work miracles however so that route is also open to you ;)
lol.... I'm just curious.....how much do such miracles cost these days??? Is there like a minimum $$ amount? :lol

CamCam

Postby CamCam » Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:35 pm

This is gawd awful. Our trackers down and if you didn't know about fcs and hadn't signed up already your jewed out of the files your currently dwnlding. sooooooo freaquin annoyin!

kasain

Postby kasain » Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:34 pm

what are the user limits on FSS?
still cant register...

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jholic » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:19 pm

FSS will open its doors to new members when it's ready. that's all that can be said.

ShaolinMunky

Postby ShaolinMunky » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:54 pm

CamCam wrote:your jewed out of the files your currently dwnlding. sooooooo freaquin annoyin!

talk about blatantly offensive remarks
How do you like THEM apples??? :)

dEt0X

Postby dEt0X » Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:35 am

pflower wrote:
FSS Sign-in Page: Donations are known to work miracles however so that route is also open to you ;)
lol.... I'm just curious.....how much do such miracles cost these days??? Is there like a minimum $$ amount? :lol
go to the irc via the java/webchat on the FSS site and join #fssaid. Talk to kie (if available) or send him a PM in irc. He can give you the details.

malevolent

Postby malevolent » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:43 pm

rsxdragon wrote:can anyone help me? i can't signup. what is the reason?

I stayed in FSC when it has the .com domain, I stay now in FSC.org, but once a week i try to signup at FSS but always get the same answer: i cannot sign up there.... :glare:

Maybe paying you can enter, but personally, i will not pay for nothing, waiting that the money opens the door when some of them (FSS ppl) like kie or Hate_Machine knows me. I'll prefer to enter and then pay.

den4

Postby den4 » Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:13 am

LOL
I can't get in either....that's life...LOL
ah well....I'll wait and hopefully things will open up :)

:lol

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jholic » Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:25 am

according to fss's announcements:

if you try every day, you have a remote possibility of getting in. since they are constantly removing old accounts. if you make a donation, you'll have a MUCH higher possibility of gettin in. HOWEVER, regardless of how you got in, fss does expect you to log in to your account every so often. otherwise, it will be removed for lack of use.

den4

Postby den4 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:27 pm

hmm....I was able to register and log in and access the FSC, but now today, it doesn't recognize the user name anymore, and the site is closed for registration....I'm just wondering what is up with that? Is the site down? anybody know? Or do I need to wait again for the registration to get open again....? LOL

chunu

Postby chunu » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:46 pm

if U have already register at FSS than they would still
have your record as member. go to FSS where it says "Please recover
your pass words HERE." N click on that, follow their instructions
N hopefully U will able to get in again.
I can could B of some help.

superman4sos

Postby superman4sos » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:05 pm

chunu wrote:if U have already register at FSS than they would still
have your record as member. go to FSS where it says "Please recover
your pass words HERE." N click on that, follow their instructions
N hopefully U will able to get in again.
I can could B of some help.

Yea, like den4 I found that my username was not found on FSS anymore. Realised that after I tried recovering my password and was said that my username was not found. Tried emailing the admin at admin@fantasticsuperclub.org but was return with a mail failure. Anyone can shade some light here? Thanks... :D

den4

Postby den4 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:53 pm

Well, Chunu, if you can log into FSC and find out what is up with the sudden drop of user IDs, then that would be most welcome....

my user ID was: den4
I registered to FSC on Jan 1st, like the registration page mentioned, and validated my registration, and it was working fine until this morning....no warning, no mention of dropping user IDs....it's a mystery.... LOL

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jholic » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:33 pm

are you guys talking about FSS (fs seeders), or FSC (fantastic superclub)??

den4

Postby den4 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:58 am

oops....I am talking about FSC...didn't know about FSS.... LOL
:unsure: :roll

Carn

Postby Carn » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:10 am

den4, did you post anything after you registered at FSC? If you're downloading the torrents, they want you to contribute to the forums and discussions as well.

According to FSC announcements:
Accounts
1500 accounts have been deleted.

Your account might have been taken off if they saw inactivity in the forums. But that's just a guess. =(

den4

Postby den4 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:44 am

yeah, I think that may be the case....LOL

Oh well....I'll just have to do better at posting next time....just go so darn busy during the new year time that I just didn't have the time....LOL

well, if and when they do open it up again, I'll be sure to post more frequently :)
:roll :unsure: :blink :cry:

kali4niaguy

Postby kali4niaguy » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:18 pm

Can someone pm me the e-mail address of one of the mods from FSS? I've been a member since last January but when I tried to login today, the site wouldn't let me in! My login is set on Auto-Login so I never had to log in all this time. I wrote down my password so I know I didn't put in the wrong pswd. I signed up with them before they implimented the no yahoo/hotmail e-mails. The mod might not like you giving out their e-mail, so can you just cut and paste this message and give it to the mod you know? My username in FSS is sub0dub. I would try to get another account, but I just increased my ratio to 1.1!!! :( That doesn't seem much, but when you dl'ed over 300gigs from there, that's a lot for me. :) Thanks.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jholic » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:07 am

kali: how are you, man? i'm in the same boat you are. due to my extended absence, i lost my account at FSS. i'm hoping an admin will be able to re-instate it. i believe i had a pretty good ratio of nearly 1.5 as well.

i already tried working with one of the mods. although the mod was very helpful, my account cannot be revived with mod powers. i need the help of an FSS admin. let's hope for the best.....
Use THUMBS UP/DOWN buttons to KEEP or DELETE posts.
If you see SPAM or ABUSE, use the REPORT button.

groink

Postby groink » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:33 pm

Do any of you know what is going on with FSS? It appears that the DNS hosting the domain name "mv2-mainserver.com" is down. So you can't even resolve the fst.omnilounge.co.uk name because of the DNS being down. If someone has the IP address for the site, I could just put that into my hosts file.

--- groink
1. Always read FAQs for a given forum before posting.
2. Read the first few posts in a topic before posting.
3. Speak using complete English words.
4. The Internet is international. Respect regional and cultural values.

arekesu

Postby arekesu » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:15 am

the site won't let me register at all ;_;
It keeps giving me this: " We are sorry.
Unfortunately the number of members at FSS has reached our current quota. As inactive members are deleted after a period of time, please feel free to try again at a later date. Donations are known to work miracles however so that route is also open to you ;) "

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby 8thSin » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:54 am

ROFL I've getting "403 Forbidden... Unauthorized IP address." from FSS for more than 6 months. I guess my share ratio was that bad. So glad to have FSC and isohunt for movies.

looter

Postby looter » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:48 am

did anyone get a chance to speak with an admin becaue i get a login failed, the account has been disabled and i have no idea why, if you know a way to contact an FSS admin itll be really helpful

groink

Postby groink » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:17 am

looter wrote:did anyone get a chance to speak with an admin becaue i get a login failed, the account has been disabled and i have no idea why, if you know a way to contact an FSS admin itll be really helpful

I don't think anyone is going to help you. A member trying to contact an admin or mod on your behalf is very much like saying, "I'm vouching for looter" without even knowing what you did to get you on their cut list. No one wants to associate with someone who was removed from the system. Were you a major leech? Was your ratio really bad? Did you post a message someone may not have liked? When did you last log on? Were you active in the forums (VERY important to them)? The one thing they DO NOT like is someone who just leeches with no uploads and no participation in the forums.

--- groink
1. Always read FAQs for a given forum before posting.

2. Read the first few posts in a topic before posting.

3. Speak using complete English words.

4. The Internet is international. Respect regional and cultural values.

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby neonkinpatsu » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:42 am

jholic wrote:kali: how are you, man? i'm in the same boat you are. due to my extended absence, i lost my account at FSS. i'm hoping an admin will be able to re-instate it. i believe i had a pretty good ratio of nearly 1.5 as well.

Same thing happened to me when my HDD died. I was offline for a couple months and came back to my account having been pruned. ;__; I had a decent ratio too (1.0+). I didn't post a lot so I wasn't well-known there so I figured I'd just try again and maybe luck out when they re-open registration. No luck so far though. Even with donating, how would you be able to get an open spot? Donate $5 and put in the Paypal message "Please let me sign back up!!"? XD I thought of doing that :whistling:
Nothing can ruin a career faster than an office party.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jholic » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:19 pm

neonkinpatsu wrote:Even with donating, how would you be able to get an open spot? Donate $5 and put in the Paypal message "Please let me sign back up!!"? XD I thought of doing that :whistling:

i wondered about that too! i don't use paypal, so i didn't know how you would be able to let them know about a donation. in any case, i'm kinda bummed cuz i think i had a pretty good ratio there.
Use THUMBS UP/DOWN buttons to KEEP or DELETE posts.
If you see SPAM or ABUSE, use the REPORT button.