Suggestions and Small Announcements For Improving D-Addicts

News, Updates and Information about this site.
This section is important, please read it for changes about the site!
ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ironicwave » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:01 pm

i wouldn't worry about a ratio-based tracker for d-addicts any time soon...
it's been brought up time and time again, but the situation on d-addicts is nowhere near in need of something like this...
there may not always be a seed for every episode, but the request forum works surprisingly well...
unless you expect to have 10 seeders with unlimited upload about 30 seconds after you post your request... :whistling:
___________________SARS-Fansubs______________________________________________________

Airhead

Postby Airhead » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:04 pm

gixo wrote:...
hmmm... can someone fill me in about ratio-based tracker? You have to have a certain share rate, e.g. 50% of your dl.? and if you don't have a high enough ratio you are banned from dl until you have it? Then what about those who ul bad seeded torrents and have a share rate of 8 for that and only 0,5 for popular ones. Does it somehow balance each other out? By the way that might be why you see some bad seeders. They might have some torrents which they think are prior to some other torrents which they are seeding. Just a guess thought...

you'll find the answer in the german thread :wink:
favs: Yui, Scandal, Babymetal, BeBe(베베), Taru(타루), Cherry Boom, Rammstein 8)

plz don`t mind my bad english ... thx

AkumaX
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby AkumaX » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:21 pm

MoerkJ wrote:
amrayu wrote:To eliminate these bots from even uploading, can we add a security feature to the upload page? Something like a jpg/gif word verification area.

Well, I can't and I doubt it is necessary. I dunno why always ppl think of bots when it is only humans with a lot of time. The Pending area was exactly made for catching unwanted torrents. You cannot avoid them.

...and to the bad peer/seed issue...
Is there any proof for bad behaviour? Have you ever thought someone might sharing/leeching 100 torrents with only 1-10kbps bandwidth using a multitorrent client like BitComet or Azureus? This may look like a "bad peer" too, but it definitely isn't one.
I'm afraid banning BitComet today would ban like 90% of all users. :|

nobody's forcing people to use bitcomet (there are TONS of other BT clients that are perfectly acceptable). the problem is that bitcomet is generally an 'unfair' client, designed to cheat the system.

groink

Postby groink » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:44 pm

AkumaX wrote:nobody's forcing people to use bitcomet (there are TONS of other BT clients that are perfectly acceptable). the problem is that bitcomet is generally an 'unfair' client, designed to cheat the system.

I use BitComet... 'nuff said.

--- groink
1. Always read FAQs for a given forum before posting.
2. Read the first few posts in a topic before posting.
3. Speak using complete English words.
4. The Internet is international. Respect regional and cultural values.

robx

Postby robx » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:50 pm

MoerkJ wrote:...and to the bad peer/seed issue...
Is there any proof for bad behaviour? Have you ever thought someone might sharing/leeching 100 torrents with only 1-10kbps bandwidth using a multitorrent client like BitComet or Azureus? This may look like a "bad peer" too, but it definitely isn't one.
I'm afraid banning BitComet today would ban like 90% of all users. Neutral

Who can prove such a thing but the peer stats page. If everyone else is getting dynamic data every 5 minutes, but one person isn't getting that dynamic data, but instead gets some sort of funky static data from start to end, isn't that already a bad peer wasting torrent slots? I know it may only be one peer at the time, but i did in fact mention it for the future sake of many more similar clients which could cause for bad file sharing ( possibility is there ).

Azureus isn't very favorable in terms of myself either, but that was in the past, i dunno how azureus is at the moment, so i won't really comment on it; stopped using Azureus about a year ago.

And regarding the 100 torrents with only 1-10kbps bandwidth is just absurd. I don't doubt there there are some out there doing so, but i still must say that is plain out crazy, and might i add a very dumb thing to do indeed; runing 100 torrents at that speed? You'd practically be out of your mind to wait hundreds of hours to download one episode much less attempting to get a 40+ series drama like that? I'd say pay the money for the box set is much less troublesome and cheaper.
-- Robx --
My Series
Batched by abcd99:
Face to fate, Great Revival, Huo Yuan Jia, Wing Chun
Status
Retired.

AkumaX
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby AkumaX » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:17 pm

groink wrote:
AkumaX wrote:nobody's forcing people to use bitcomet (there are TONS of other BT clients that are perfectly acceptable). the problem is that bitcomet is generally an 'unfair' client, designed to cheat the system.

--- groink

i see that it is the likes of YOU people that ruin it for the rest of the community. what's your ip address again?

groink

Postby groink » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:29 pm

AkumaX wrote:
groink wrote:

--- groink

i see that it is the likes of YOU people that ruin it for the rest of the community. what's your ip address again?

Listen Chump... I've uploaded TERABYTES more to D-Addicts and around the Internet than your sorry ass. So don't go f*cking around with us uploaders and tell US what we should be using to provide content for this community. So you encode. BFD! You should know that you wouldn't have obtained those RAWs if it wasn't for some of us who provide the RAWS using BitComet. If you go around accusing us BitComet users from screwing this community, and then making an attempt to ban us, let me make one thing clear....

I'm not going to take that lightly.

--- groink

robx

Postby robx » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:14 pm

Actually, I think both of you are right in your own ways.

Personally, I think the outcome is dependent on the torrent "user" him/herself whether or not to cheat. Though a lot of bitcomet users take advantage of the cheat feature, not all bitcomet users actually cheat just because they use that client. In contrast those with fast upload speeds don't normally need to cheat at all regardless of what client they decide to go with, unless of course they want to be an ass. But being the amount of people that does take advantage of that feature does get quite overwhelming at times, so i feel where the hate for bitcomet client is as well, though i don't blame all bitcomet users or the software itself; i DO blame those that take advantage of the cheating a little too often.

If the client is indeed design to cheat (as akumax says), there is still the seeding point when done downloading, so there is that option thus to repay what was downloaded instead of disconnecting as soon as one is completed. So the real problem still resides from the peers themselves on how to handle justifiable or unjust ratio's.
-- Robx --

My Series

Batched by abcd99:

Status

Retired.

AkumaX
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby AkumaX » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:28 am

groink wrote:Image
--- groink

not going to answer this. bitcomet is still designed to cheat the system, and although YOU aren't turning on that feature (as i assume), there are thousands of others who would easily take advantage of that with a heartbeat.

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MoerkJ » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:52 pm

AkumaX wrote:nobody's forcing people to use bitcomet (there are TONS of other BT clients that are perfectly acceptable).

But I'm using it sometimes. And that doesn't say anything about me being a cheater or not, does it? I can use it for leeching/sharing and for pure filesharing (just uploading / seeding). So what? It is up to the user how s/he makes use of a tool.

AkumaX wrote:the problem is that bitcomet is generally an 'unfair' client, designed to cheat the system.

Can you please proof this claim? Stop repeating these false claims you heard somewhere!
You can read more about it at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitComet , especially in the "Validity of criticism" and "DHT Exploit Controversy" sections.

I haven't found a cheat feature in BitCommet so far. :scratch: You may send me samples of BitComet source code or other proof that backs your claim. I will gratefully review them.

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MoerkJ » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:52 pm

robx wrote:
MoerkJ wrote:...and to the bad peer/seed issue...
I'm afraid banning BitComet today would ban like 90% of all users. Neutral

Who can prove such a thing but the peer stats page. If everyone else is getting dynamic data every 5 minutes, but one person isn't getting that dynamic data, but instead gets some sort of funky static data from start to end, isn't that already a bad peer wasting torrent slots? I know it may only be one peer at the time, but i did in fact mention it for the future sake of many more similar clients which could cause for bad file sharing ( possibility is there ).

Azureus isn't very favorable in terms of myself either, but that was in the past, i dunno how azureus is at the moment, so i won't really comment on it; stopped using Azureus about a year ago.

And regarding the 100 torrents with only 1-10kbps bandwidth is just absurd. I don't doubt there there are some out there doing so, but i still must say that is plain out crazy, and might i add a very dumb thing to do indeed; runing 100 torrents at that speed? You'd practically be out of your mind to wait hundreds of hours to download one episode much less attempting to get a 40+ series drama like that? I'd say pay the money for the box set is much less troublesome and cheaper.

The stats page shows only session stats. When a client reconnects all previous stats are lost because nothing is cached. A BT client can actually announce any stats to the tracker it wants to. I have tested it myself by sending an self constructed announce message which stated that I have shared 17GB in 10 minutes. The tracker stats page showed exactly these wrong stats I made up myself.

Also the stats may be misleading a lot. It shows only stats for a particular torrent. A user could be busy sharing other torrents at a higher priority and may look like a leecher for another low priority torrent. Bittorrent is scaleable enough to distribute all available upload slots. Well, sometimes it is hard when 1000 peers try to grab the 2-5 upload slots you can offer. :whistling:

Finally the stats would be only meaningful if they would be used to collect lifetime stats assigned to each registered(!) user. And this is a ratio-based system we neither want nor need. This has been discussed for 4 years already.

The example with the 100 torrents was quite extreme. Having many torrents queued in a BT client and having only a slow internet connection may sound absurd to you but it doesn't have to. In the past I used to queue up lots of rare torrents waiting for seeds. Sometimes it took almost a year to finish certain episodes. It was never a matter of bandwidth or ratio, but a matter of lacking seeds.

AkumaX
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby AkumaX » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:05 pm

MoerkJ wrote:
AkumaX wrote:nobody's forcing people to use bitcomet (there are TONS of other BT clients that are perfectly acceptable).

But I'm using it sometimes. And that doesn't say anything about me being a cheater or not, does it? I can use it for leeching/sharing and for pure filesharing (just uploading / seeding). So what? It is up to the user how s/he makes use of a tool.

AkumaX wrote:the problem is that bitcomet is generally an 'unfair' client, designed to cheat the system.

Can you please proof this claim? Stop repeating these false claims you heard somewhere!
You can read more about it at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitComet , especially in the "Validity of criticism" and "DHT Exploit Controversy" sections.

I haven't found a cheat feature in BitCommet so far. :scratch: You may send me samples of BitComet source code or other proof that backs your claim. I will gratefully review them.

I found this piece:

http://torrentfreak.com/bittornado-bans ... ent-140381

and with this, I will now exit myself out of the discussion of BitComet.

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ironicwave » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:42 pm

see and this is why it's mostly unwise to get into technical discussions armed only with other people's firsthand knowledge... :lol
but attempts at levity aside, d-addicts' way of sharing has worked for 4 years and makes it possible for everyone with a torrent client to enjoy asian drama...
the question i keep asking myself... what is the motivation for people to support ratio-based trackers? they want everyone to do their fair share, right? so if someone with 10 times the upload speed of another person seeds 1:1, he can disconnect much faster than the other guy, how's that fair? so your download takes a little longer in order to support a few folks who can't share as well as you can, big fat deal...
i used to have seriously crap upload, now graduated to a little less crap upload (compared to the fat pipes here)... so you find other means to support the community, fill seed requests, fansub... and i think it's fair to say that spending hours upon hours subbing takes a lot more out of you than keeping that torrent client running a few hours longer... :-)
bah, i just really loathe the constant complaining... downloads too slow, seeds too few, quality too low, subs too slow, this isn't fair, that's not equal, ad nauseum, ad infinitum...
what a waste of precious drama viewing time... :P
___________________SARS-Fansubs______________________________________________________

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ruroshin » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:18 am

*looks up at all the ratio tracker talk*

*checks calendar*

that time of year again is it. :P

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby lilswtangel » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:18 pm

I don't see why we're still on this issue. Ruro has decided from the start that we WEREN'T going to implement this system and I think the least we can do is respect his decision whether we agree with it or not.

It's been a little over 4 years now and d-addicts has been and still is doing fine w/o this ratio tracker. Sure, we might have some old torrrents that have 0 seeds, but isn't that what our "SOTM" polls are for?

We have over 100K+ registered members, why make it more difficult than it already is?

and just for the matter of the record, I used to use BitComet. I did my fair share of seeding with the client and now I have moved on to another (uTorrent) and I'm still here seeding.

I'm sure there are bad seeders out there, but that doesn't mean the whole lot of us are from the same boat.

abcd99

Postby abcd99 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:26 pm

We've unofficially run Wuxia Series of the Month (WSotM) for two months now. The first poll lasted for one month. The second one was for half a month. I believe they are successful.

Feb 08 poll
Mar 08 poll
Original discussion

The aim of WSotM is:
* To provide seeds to rarer wuxia / historical drama
* To raise awareness of the genre
* To build a community for the fans of the genre

I'm trying to work with the first two. But eventually also the third one since our fansub group, Jiang Hu, is specializing in subbing dramas in that genre.

I would propose making WSotM official. I request for the sanctification of the moderators / staffs. I would love to hear your thoughts about difficulties of making it happen.

battlegirlai

Postby battlegirlai » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:44 am

its true that the sotw/m are extremely useful in helping seed older shows that die off...but the downsides are that the promised seeders vanish periodically but most importantly is that only english subbed dramas qualify for sotw/m. instead of a sotw for specific genres like wuxia, i'd rather see a sotw/m for raws

toyotaku

Postby toyotaku » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:18 am

battlegirlai wrote:its true that the sotw/m are extremely useful in helping seed older shows that die off...but the downsides are that the promised seeders vanish periodically but most importantly is that only english subbed dramas qualify for sotw/m. instead of a sotw for specific genres like wuxia, i'd rather see a sotw/m for raws

I'd also like to see some kind of re-invigoration for dramas that are still in a raw state. The vast majority of jdramas that I answer reseed requests for whenever I can are raw and there are plenty that I would like to have. Never know when a raw series might grab the interest of a subber or sub team, too, because they hadn't been aware of it.

But I wouldn't want something like that "instead of" the wuxia sotm. Period dramas are also often starved for attention.

robx

Postby robx » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:34 am

yay for Wsotw/m. Making it official would just be wonderful way to let others discover more of the genre, thus hopefully bringing more of its kinds online.
-- Robx --

My Series

Batched by abcd99:

Status

Retired.

battlegirlai

Postby battlegirlai » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:42 am

toyotaku wrote:But I wouldn't want something like that "instead of" the wuxia sotm. Period dramas are also often starved for attention.

all unseeded shows are starved for attention. don't get me wrong tho. i love wuxia! i tried to join jiang hu but at the time they had absolutely nothing for me to do and i was very depressed....my only issue with it is that wuxia is a genre...and if you open that door, you have to open the doors for "romantic comedy of the month" "cop show of the month" "family drama of the month" etc etc etc

if you let one thru the door, people will start to complain that others aren't let thru the door too. at that rate, we will end up with hundreds of cateogries of sotw/m...which i think might overwhelm the mods/admins who will be in charge of them.

the japanese/korean/chinese series of the months do encompass period dramas. many have been voted as series of the month. raws are NEVER up there. if i was going to ask the mods to take time to add and maintain something, i'd rather it be something that never has a chance rather than something that can be nominated already.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby lilswtangel » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:11 am

I know there was a reason why initially we our SOTM polls were only for completed English-subbed series, though I can't remember what the exact reason was.

Does anyone remember why? :scratch:

I went to the SOTM's sticky and looked through Pucca's post: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_5810.htm

However, I couldn't find any info on why that rule was established in the first place.

Hmmms....I may be wrong, but it might have to do with the fact that D-Addicts was first and foremost (in the past at least) a forum for the sharing and discussions of English subbed Asian dramas.

And somehow along the way, dramas that were subbed in other languages as well as the influx of many RAW dramas (so much that a lot of them weren't able to be picked up by fansubbers) ended up on D-A's server. It was probably due to the growth of the forum and we went from having a few dedicated and regular uploaders to so many new faces that the uploading system was introduced.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jholic » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:54 am

lilswtangel wrote:I know there was a reason why initially we our SOTM polls were only for completed English-subbed series, though I can't remember what the exact reason was.

Does anyone remember why? :scratch:

Hmmms....I may be wrong, but it might have to do with the fact that D-Addicts was first and foremost (in the past at least) a forum for the sharing and discussions of English subbed Asian dramas.

that's basically it. the majority of our audience were english speakers, so having RAWs win jsotw was not going to help many people.
Use THUMBS UP/DOWN buttons to KEEP or DELETE posts.
If you see SPAM or ABUSE, use the REPORT button.

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby rambutan » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:04 am

abcd99 wrote:We've unofficially run Wuxia Series of the Month (WSotM) for two months now. The first poll lasted for one month. The second one was for half a month. I believe they are successful.

Feb 08 poll
Mar 08 poll
Original discussion

The aim of WSotM is:
* To provide seeds to rarer wuxia / historical drama
* To raise awareness of the genre
* To build a community for the fans of the genre

I'm trying to work with the first two. But eventually also the third one since our fansub group, Jiang Hu, is specializing in subbing dramas in that genre.

I would propose making WSotM official. I request for the sanctification of the moderators / staffs. I would love to hear your thoughts about difficulties of making it happen.

Thank you abcd99 for your kind and generous intention. Why not seed under VSS instead of calling it series of the month? You just get people to vote for the next VSS!

abcd99

Postby abcd99 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:07 am

I'd love to, but eventually I'd like to have other people to seed too just like other SotMs.

abcd99

Postby abcd99 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:18 pm

So, does WSotM get a blessing from mods? If not (or if there's no answer within a week or so), I will not hold April 2008 WSotM.

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby InTr4nceWeTrust » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:04 am

I've got nothing against Wuxia but I wonder if there really is enough interest to make it an Official WSoTM. Looking at the stats of other SoTWs, JSoTW has 189 votes, KSoTM has 113, and CSoTM has 70. The March Unofficial WSoTM had 30 votes. February had 40 something ( I refuse to open it and get an exact number with the current load times). Personally, I don't mind adding it to the SoTW/M section but I think you originally proposed the idea as a test to see if enough people would be interested in it. If you have enough interested people to do official WSoTMs then by all means go for it. I'll support it.
ありません

abcd99

Postby abcd99 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:23 pm

I'd stipulate that the relatively low vote count was the placement of the poll threads themselves. They were placed at the General Discussion (instead of SotM) forum and they did not enjoy conspicuous banners like other SotMs in torrent area. I wasn't here when SotMs were formulated. So, I don't know what the votes were that time. But I gather that 30-40 were quite good.

Alright then, I'll make another shot for April 2008 unofficial WSotM.

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby InTr4nceWeTrust » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:18 pm

Sounds good then. We can probably try a run in the SoTW/M section. I can move your thread to the SoTW/M section and sticky it after you make it. A banner and such will have to be left decided by the Admins.
ありません

swordstained

Postby swordstained » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:59 pm

I nothing wrong with the this website. As far as I see this is the best website. I like asian dramas. So thank you very much for uploading any dramas for us.

MeLu

Suggestion: RSS feed for subtitles

Postby MeLu » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:05 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm using RSS feeds quite a lot, and the one from d-addict as well. After quite some time doing so, it appears that I have no idea when a new subtitle for a drama i'm watching is released or not.

Even if I come here often, I have to check the subtitle list everyday... and I'm currently watching quite a lot of drama with softsubs.

And that's what makes me ask here: would it be possible to have a second RSS feed for D-addicts, but for the subtitles section? I don't know if it should be only one feed for all languages or a feed for each, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who would appreciate it.

Oh, and I hope that was the most appropriate place to post :)

Thanks a lot,

MeLu-=^^=
Anything uninteresting can be found there

Sakura_Kissu

Re: Suggestion: RSS feed for subtitles

Postby Sakura_Kissu » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:25 pm

MeLu wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm using RSS feeds quite a lot, and the one from d-addict as well. After quite some time doing so, it appears that I have no idea when a new subtitle for a drama i'm watching is released or not.

Even if I come here often, I have to check the subtitle list everyday... and I'm currently watching quite a lot of drama with softsubs.

And that's what makes me ask here: would it be possible to have a second RSS feed for D-addicts, but for the subtitles section? I don't know if it should be only one feed for all languages or a feed for each, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who would appreciate it.

Oh, and I hope that was the most appropriate place to post :)

Thanks a lot,

MeLu-=^^=

Ha yes it could be release useful to get rss feed.
Great idea Melu

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby ethidda » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:34 am

This is regarding the ads. There is one particular ad that plays a high-pitched beeping noise on loop (it's some sort of a winning notification, I think) and it's extremely irritating. Is there a way to disable sound on the ads on this page?

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jholic » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:05 pm

Ruro does the ad portion. i believe he's on vacation right now. do you know which ad it is? we can try and bring it to his attention.

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby ethidda » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:37 pm

It's the "Congratulations" ad that has animation and a button that says "Click 2 Claim". It says different words sometimes, but something about being the 1,000,000 visitor or the 999,999,999 visitor and winning something.

AkumaX
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby AkumaX » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:58 pm

awww but i won so many free laptops :\

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MoerkJ » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:48 pm

ethidda wrote:This is regarding the ads. There is one particular ad that plays a high-pitched beeping noise on loop (it's some sort of a winning notification, I think) and it's extremely irritating. Is there a way to disable sound on the ads on this page?

The ads content is controlled by the advertising company, not by us.
If the ads annoy you then you can block them completely by adding the company's URL to your spam blocker. There are several ways to block ads, e.g by browser settings, by hosts file entries, or 3rd party software (ip/url blocker, firewalls, etc.). To block flash animations I can recommend the Flashblocker plug-in for Firefox.

vaberella

Hiya Admin...Suggestion and Question

Postby vaberella » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:10 am

First off I want to complement D-Addicts Admin and creator on maintaining and creating such a fantastic site. You have met your objective by opening up the Asian market and delivering fantastic dramas and film of interest. Now if only the world could do the same thing.

As an American (of Caribbean descent) I have always loved East Asian dramas and film, since I was raised on it...that's what I get for having a father who was a Jujitsu Sensei. :D :P Beyond having the language melding of Chinese and Japanese terms and culture in my household I was interested in Korean and Malaysian as well as Vietnamese. On this site I get the great dramas and films with the amazing subs which is much needed. Unfortunately my grasp of the languages are below remedial to non-existent for some.

Now here is my suggestion. I recognize you created it to get East Asian production out there, has there been any thought to expanding that to other parts of the world. If looking at Asian I can't find any Bollywood films or dramas uploaded, although there may not be a market for it.

But if there is would it be accepted here? I know some people who would kill to get their hands on some Bollywood dramas and film or even provide them to this site if they were welcome. Let me know.

My second question is in regards to Telenovelas from South America. Again I recognize your initial reasons behind creating your site but I wasn't sure of an expansion or even a separate site all together if need be. South American Telenovelas have directly influenced East Asian films, many of them to be exact; from shows like Betty La Feja (Ugly Betty) to Jauna La Virgen (literal translation (Jauna the Virgin) show translation: Juana's Miracle). There are absolutely no subs for them but there are spanish subbers on the site and many of the South American/Central American/Spanish Caribbean telenovelas are shown in Asia and as I mentioned can be seen in some of the Asian films.

Again, I realize the site is for East Asian film and drama, I was just wondering if there has been thought to any expansion, or if there hasn't, would it be welcome on this site if there are subbers out there who would sub those shows. Or an alternate site of D-Addicts.

Thanks in advance.
VB

Cinemade

Postby Cinemade » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:05 am

Not sure if this has ever been brought up before, but I think it's a good user interface heuristic to alternate row colors in a table.

I'm not sure of the feasibility of this suggestion (I think it would be simple) or how well it'd be received by most, but I think it'd be helpful. Sort of a strain to line up the name of the torrent with the column for the download link :)

groink

Postby groink » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:16 am

Cinemade wrote:Not sure if this has ever been brought up before, but I think it's a good user interface heuristic to alternate row colors in a table.

I'm not sure of the feasibility of this suggestion (I think it would be simple) or how well it'd be received by most, but I think it'd be helpful. Sort of a strain to line up the name of the torrent with the column for the download link :)

You probably have the brightness on your display set to full blast. If you bring the brightness down, you will see that there are lines between torrents in the listing. I generally keep my brightness setting about 75-percent, so I tend to see things that many others cannot.

--- groink

abcd99

Postby abcd99 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:15 am

I don't know whether this is fair or not, but I notice that JSotM does not require a series to be completely subbed in English, isn't it? As of the current JSotM (Warui Yatsura), only eps 1 is translated to date.

Is requiring JSotM nominations to be completely subbed in English too much?

groink

Postby groink » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:29 am

abcd99 wrote:Is requiring JSotM nominations to be completely subbed in English too much?

If I'm reading the rules right, I do believe you're correct in that the nominated series must have a complete set of English subtitles. However, Warui Yatsura does actually have a complete set of subs:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_44680.htm

--- groink

abcd99

Postby abcd99 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:45 am

Ah, then I stand corrected. Thanks.

groink

Postby groink » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:48 am

abcd99 wrote:Ah, then I stand corrected. Thanks.

No worry! It happens to all of us!

Cinemade

Postby Cinemade » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:36 am

groink wrote:You probably have the brightness on your display set to full blast. If you bring the brightness down, you will see that there are lines between torrents in the listing. I generally keep my brightness setting about 75-percent, so I tend to see things that many others cannot.

--- groink

Thanks for the suggestion, I am aware of the borders. I was merely offering a suggestion that might improve the interface. Some more details of what I was getting at here: http://www.time-tripper.com/uipatterns/Alternating_Row_Colors

The forum posts here also use this simple style.

KissedInuyasha

Postby KissedInuyasha » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:14 am

Cinemade wrote:
groink wrote:You probably have the brightness on your display set to full blast. If you bring the brightness down, you will see that there are lines between torrents in the listing. I generally keep my brightness setting about 75-percent, so I tend to see things that many others cannot.

--- groink

Thanks for the suggestion, I am aware of the borders. I was merely offering a suggestion that might improve the interface. Some more details of what I was getting at here: http://www.time-tripper.com/uipatterns/Alternating_Row_Colors

The forum posts here also use this simple style.

I think the simple style is fine. It prevents confusion and it's not hard to find anything... :D

abcd99

Postby abcd99 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:52 pm

One request: Please make .ass an allowable plain text attachment extension. Also, .7z and .bz2 for archive format, if possible.

Also, I noticed an ad about Jessica Alba porn when I visited this site from a public computer. Please block that ad.

Thanks.

robx

Postby robx » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:37 pm

It would be nice if there was some sort of batch torrent delete for the uploaders. Deleting a whole series one at a time and providing username pass each time is quite a pain in the rear.
-- Robx --

My Series

Batched by abcd99:

Status

Retired.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jholic » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:08 pm

robx wrote:It would be nice if there was some sort of batch torrent delete for the uploaders. Deleting a whole series one at a time and providing username pass each time is quite a pain in the rear.

yes, we wish we had that too. unfortunately, that's how we do it as well. one at a time.

robx

Postby robx » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:19 pm

whats keeping from doing so?
-- Robx --

My Series

Batched by abcd99:

Status

Retired.

abcd99

Postby abcd99 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:30 pm

I think it's because nobody has the time to code it yet.

robx

Postby robx » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:32 pm

Ahh. well, hopefuly sooner or later hopefully will become available. I can't imagine deleting a serie that is over 100 eps long. But will those ever get batched lol.
-- Robx --

My Series

Batched by abcd99:

Status

Retired.

AkumaX
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby AkumaX » Fri May 02, 2008 6:40 pm

I wasn't sure if this was brought up before, but did we ever talk about separating the Chinese Forum into Taiwanese and Chinese Forums?

abcd99

Postby abcd99 » Fri May 02, 2008 7:33 pm

Isn't it moot? Many Taiwanese actresses are involved in Mainland dramas, and vice versa. How can you separate between the two?

groink

Postby groink » Fri May 02, 2008 7:46 pm

I'm one of the MANY people who cannot see the division between Taiwanese, Hong Kong and Chinese. By default, we would look for the likes of Vivian Hsu and such in the Chinese forum.

--- groink

AkumaX
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby AkumaX » Sat May 03, 2008 3:03 am

well, i wouldn't have gone as far as to having duplicate actor/actress threads in each forum, more like dividing it by production company/location of filming

if you look at http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Main_Page , its already separated by tw/hk/chi (although i consider hk/chi to be somewhat similar enough to be in the same category)

just asking, that's all :)

battlegirlai

Postby battlegirlai » Sat May 03, 2008 4:33 am

just the drama discussions part of the chinese secton should be split then? i can only imagine that sorting all the threads between the sections would take awhile....but what about shows that are joint productions between mainland china/taiwan/hongkong/singapore? where would those fall in?

dolsiman

Postby dolsiman » Sun May 04, 2008 11:46 pm

People who watch from these locations can definitely notice the difference in the productions from the various regions. Interestingly each region have their own characteristics and idiosyncrasies. :scratch: :scratch:

groink

Postby groink » Mon May 05, 2008 2:11 am

Is it possible to disable audio from these ads? I usually wear headphones while surfing the 'net. Some of the ads are irritating, and can really freak me out if I come across them unprepared.

--- groink

LukiaWhitney

Postby LukiaWhitney » Mon May 05, 2008 2:16 am

I totally second that. Especially when I'm watching something with the volume turned up, 'cuz the video volume is low, and the ad volume is higher. Blasts me out of my seat. -.-"
Timelessub is recruiting for all positions.
Eternal FS needs Mandarin Translators, Timers, and Editors!
Please PM me, if you can help out.

SacredCultivator
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby SacredCultivator » Mon May 05, 2008 6:27 am

Sorry if this has been noted before.. But for the Tracker...

Is it possible to incrase the emm what's the word... 'Text Length'? Given there is a huge gap between the Name and Edit(If it is your torrent)/ Torrent.

As some FileNames are long due to their Nature, for example lol I'll use mine.
'[H!F] Utaban (2008.04.21) Morning Musume - Resonant Blue (H264)'

Just an idea, no biggy.
Hello!Fansubs is recruiting Translators/Typesetters, PM me for Details

zeldAIS
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby zeldAIS » Thu May 22, 2008 12:47 pm

can i kindly suggest rss feeds? for both auto-download of torrents and checking the status of posts or like update on jdrama/kdrama/cdrama of the week/month and such things like that, etc.

just suggestiong ^_^ thanks :3
"the fansubs/scanlations community must be helping and understanding each other"
"quality fansubs/scanlations takes quality time"
"lazy and nagging leechers makes fansubbers/scanlators assholes"

Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Keiko1981 » Thu May 22, 2008 3:00 pm

zeldAIS wrote:can i kindly suggest rss feeds? for both auto-download of torrents and checking the status of posts or like update on jdrama/kdrama/cdrama of the week/month and such things like that, etc.

just suggestiong ^_^ thanks :3

There is an add-on for FIreFox called Sage. It can find RSS feeds on webpages.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ge&cat=all
I tried using it at the main page for the torrents and it worked:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents.php
Gifted Ones | Twitter | UL @ Nyaa | MyDramaList.com
Subbing: Final Cut, Inochi, Oshin, Seoul 1945
Where to find dramas & subtitles

zeldAIS
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby zeldAIS » Fri May 23, 2008 9:01 am

Keiko1981 wrote:There is an add-on for FIreFox called Sage. It can find RSS feeds on webpages.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ge&cat=all
I tried using it at the main page for the torrents and it worked:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents.php

lemme try that - that sounds neat :D

thanks Keiko1981-dono :3
"the fansubs/scanlations community must be helping and understanding each other"

"quality fansubs/scanlations takes quality time"

"lazy and nagging leechers makes fansubbers/scanlators assholes"

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jholic » Wed May 28, 2008 1:00 am

please give this the widest dissemination:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_61834.htm

abcd99

Postby abcd99 » Sat May 31, 2008 6:53 pm

Is the joke thread deleted? I can't find it.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jholic » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:23 am

^ i believe it is.

bmwracer

Postby bmwracer » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:34 am

You guys should put size limitations (file-wise and dimension-wise) on the signatures: some are outrageously large...... :sweat:
If you need me to seed Ueno Juri-chan or Yonekura Ryoko-chan stuff, please PM me. :salut:

MeLu

Postby MeLu » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:04 pm

I'm posting again about rss feed for subtitles... it's SOOOO practical for videos, and I'd really love to be able to do the same for subtitles. I don't care if I can't get it directly from the RSS and have to connect on d-addicts to get them.

Just that it's a bit frustrating to go around all the subtitles section everyday to check on the new released... there are so much of them, and so much dramas going on my HDD :roll

I have to say that when there are soft & hardsubs for a same drama, i now get the second version to prevent such a thing... even if i like softsubs better ;)

Anyway, good night everyone ^^

MeLu-as-boring-as-usual...
Anything uninteresting can be found there

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jholic » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:26 pm

bmwracer wrote:You guys should put size limitations (file-wise and dimension-wise) on the signatures: some are outrageously large...... :sweat:

if i'm not mistaken, we do have a size limit on sigs. if it's too large, it'll still load, but you'll have a scroll bar.

waitaminit, bmw, the last time i was at jdorama (which was a while ago), the ava's and sig's were like life-sized posters!! which DA member has an outrageously large sig file (besides Kamui6's bouncing -ahem- sig file)?

AkumaX
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

nsfw ads

Postby AkumaX » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:41 am

rutroh ruroshin... found some very nsfw ads (adultfriendfinder)

sorry no pix

Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Keiko1981 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:49 pm

What do you think of the idea of making an index of Upload Requests?
Gifted Ones | Twitter | UL @ Nyaa | MyDramaList.com
Subbing: Final Cut, Inochi, Oshin, Seoul 1945
Where to find dramas & subtitles

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jholic » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:36 am

Keiko1981 wrote:What do you think of the idea of making an index of Upload Requests?

our veteran index-maker is currently mia. but this is a good idea.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Postby mizune » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:05 am

^ The current Index of Seed Requests does have a subsection for the Upload Requests, but you have to scroll down past all the Seed Requests first.
Are you looking for something separate?
Read the D-Addicts FAQ before asking questions.
No movies here, so please don't request. Check the Asian Movie Torrent Links.

bmwracer

Postby bmwracer » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:28 am

jholic wrote:
bmwracer wrote:You guys should put size limitations (file-wise and dimension-wise) on the signatures: some are outrageously large...... :sweat:

if i'm not mistaken, we do have a size limit on sigs. if it's too large, it'll still load, but you'll have a scroll bar.

Yeah, I noticed the scroll bar... But there's still multiple images piled up... Not to mention all those animated gifs... :sweat:

waitaminit, bmw, the last time i was at jdorama (which was a while ago), the ava's and sig's were like life-sized posters!! which DA member has an outrageously large sig file (besides Kamui6's bouncing -ahem- sig file)?

We clamped down: The sum total of avatar and sig cannot be over 200KB... Avatars are limited to a width of 150 pixels max and signatures are limited to 500x150 pixels max...

It's made page loading quicker (though some pages have loads of pics) and probablyhelped with bandwidth as well... :)
If you need me to seed Ueno Juri-chan or Yonekura Ryoko-chan stuff, please PM me. :salut:

Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Keiko1981 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:16 am

mizune wrote:^ The current Index of Seed Requests does have a subsection for the Upload Requests, but you have to scroll down past all the Seed Requests first.
Are you looking for something separate?

Yes, that's what I was thinking of.

Return to “D-Addicts Announcements”