Closing down the torrent section

News, Updates and Information about this site.
This section is important, please read it for changes about the site!
j3j3j3j3

Re: Closing down the torrent section

Postby j3j3j3j3 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:19 am

Ruroshin wrote:The forum will still be up so you can still continue to discuss your favourite dramas and share subtitles and translations. So only the torrent forum will be closed.

Only? :blink

zenith777 wrote:Something like Jdramacity but with user registrations :whistling:

AsiaTorrents is your (new) friend.

shakkuri

Postby shakkuri » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:45 am

Wow, what a blow! :pale:
I'd like to thank everyone involved for brightening my life for so many years. Good work!
My life is getting much darker now :-(

I do wish, though, we knew a little bit more about what's going on.

If Ruroshin got a DMCA takedown notice, he should just let us know. (or did I miss a 'details' comment?)

On the other hand, if there's private reasons, then no problem; others could step in.
固定的字幕反対協会会員

cassius

Postby cassius » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:16 am

xaphirezst wrote:This is unacceptable. You can close entries for new torrent, but is it necessary to delete the whole fvcking database? Ridiculous, idiotic move. Those files are uploaded by your user, they pretty much donated their time to upload the contents here. How can you just delete them and all of their works like that without a notice, it's disgusting and shows lack of respect to your user.

Imagine if the owner of Wikipedia suddenly decided to just close and delete all the contents. It's the same thing except this is in a smaller scale.

the only thing that shows a lack of respect here is your comment

in2sky

Postby in2sky » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:27 am

It's true that a sense of community is very important.

Yesterday I checked nyaa torrents and it is what it is, a torrent site. No pictures, no info, no exchange... it's just files to download. There's is no j-drama, k-drama etc sections so it's a bit chaotic. But again, I understand it's an anime torrent site.

Now the idea of a new site seems great. D-addicts's database is gone anyway... we'll have to start from scratch.

If a new project arises, that includes both downloads and discussions, subs, wiki and so on, I can help with design.

Cheers.

in2sky

Postby in2sky » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:30 am

BTW is there a database backup that could be used on another site?

in2sky

Postby in2sky » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:33 am

cassius wrote:
xaphirezst wrote:This is unacceptable. You can close entries for new torrent, but is it necessary to delete the whole fvcking database? Ridiculous, idiotic move. Those files are uploaded by your user, they pretty much donated their time to upload the contents here. How can you just delete them and all of their works like that without a notice, it's disgusting and shows lack of respect to your user.

Imagine if the owner of Wikipedia suddenly decided to just close and delete all the contents. It's the same thing except this is in a smaller scale.

the only thing that shows a lack of respect here is your comment

The comment is a bit disrespectful, indeed. But is that true the database has been destroyed? That was unnecessary IMO. It could have been used to make another site.

lokaanime

Postby lokaanime » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:52 am

xoloveryoko wrote:
antspace wrote:Btw. There is still the possibillity to get raws at Furransu's site and at Asiatorrents...
This site won't be the same though :cry:

Furransu site where is it can you post the link. Too bad I cants download in asiatorrent because my points it's low so I will be suspended

Furransu site for current seasonal jdramas

http://jdramacity.blogspot.com.es/

shun_nee

Postby shun_nee » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:19 pm

I agree with this person's statement. People have taken their time to make this site as successful as it is (or rather was). Without the uploaders giving their time, this site would be nothing. Now that the torrent site is gone, this site is pretty much worthless. People might call me 'rude' for stating my opinion, but I really don't care. It was pretty damn rude of the person to close it down and only state 'personal reasons' and not give a bloody warning to people. 'Personal Reasons' don't count as a decent excuse, not to all of the uploaders and downloaders they have just shitted on.

pectin230

Postby pectin230 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:47 pm

Besides Nyaa I firmly believe other places should also be uploaded since you never know when who or what is targeting what. Best is multiple concurrency so in the event this happens. Some pay sites might even be the cause of this to happen. You never know.

in2sky

Postby in2sky » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:58 pm

I think making a new site should be a good idea.
With or without torrents (could be MEGA links or else, but not sure they last forever).

hyukjaeismine

Postby hyukjaeismine » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:30 pm

noelmaxwell90 wrote:then for now where do i need to download all HD korean dramas?

Hey there! I recommend using this site
http://www.torrent82.com/
Just input the dramas name (it has to be in Korean) and you'll find the same torrents you found here! Plus they're uploaded super fast as well! Thanks so much to the hard work of the uploaders, it can't have been easy.

J-zavislak

Postby J-zavislak » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:50 pm

Dear RUROSHIN, thank you very much for everything you have done up to now, for so many years.
Yes, it is very sad news - for me Japanese movies and Japanese TV series are extremely important because thanks to them for a while I can "transfer" into my beloved Japan.
I love Japanese culture endlessly - for some reason I'm not "equipped" to enjoy the most of cultural inputs from other countries.
But I do not panic (^_-)
I know very well that everything in this world has its end. AU-WA WAKARE NO HAJIME ="every meeting is beginning of parting"... but also NANA KOROBI YA OKI ="if you fall down seven times, get up eight"!
Anyway, I hope that your personal reasons are not so hard for you. Once again ARIGATOO.

rootabega

Postby rootabega » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:05 pm

Ruroshin,
Many, many thanks to you, along with many other dedicated people, for providing this amazing cultural resource for so many years. What I really appreciate about D-Addicts is not just the content, but the form. Simply put, this website is a marvel of design and efficiency. The design, organization and user interface are second to none. If this were such a simple accomplishment, other sites would approach D-A in its beauty and functionality, but not even the flashy pro sites are so well constructed and maintained. Bravo!
I firmly believe this site still provides some valuable services to dorama lovers, not the least of which is the DramaWiki, the forums for discussion, and the ability to request seeds (I hope people will keep scanning this section). Thank you for keeping the website intact, and for being flexible in a difficult situation.
I follow current events concerning Japan, and I can fully appreciate what you are up against, and why you must proceed with the utmost discretion. You didn't have to provide any advance notice, but you still did out of pure generosity. Thank you, Ruroshin.
I have so much more to say, but I'll leave it at this:
Your vision and drive, along with the invaluable contributions of other talented individuals, has created and sustained something so wonderful for so many years. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for D-Addicts, and best wishes for all of your future endeavours.

J-Pooh

Postby J-Pooh » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:11 pm

Like the people who have replied here I am shocked to hear the torrent section be taken out. I, too, thought it might be temporary. We had a scare something like that before when it had to be taken offline due to a virus - that time I thought my world would end since the D-Addicts was first and only site I knew to download J/K-dramas.

But I learned to branch out and seek other sources due to that scare - because of D-Addicts, I truly became a d-addict! Since D-Addicts was the only source I knew about, I started exploring the forum for more than just recommendations for dramas and a whole other world of possibilities opened up to me. I learned so much from the people in this community.

In the years, a lot of my other resources have shut down due to "personal" and stated legal reasons, so I am amazed that D-Addicts torrents section was open as long as it had been. Although I hoped it would never end, there was always that reality that it probably will.

The torrent section will be greatly missed (since there are still things in D-Addicts that I still seem to be unable find elsewhere), but I thank those that have created and maintained it.

karyuudo

Postby karyuudo » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:36 pm

shun_nee wrote:

I agree with this person's statement. People have taken their time to make this site as successful as it is (or rather was). Without the uploaders giving their time, this site would be nothing. Now that the torrent site is gone, this site is pretty much worthless. People might call me 'rude' for stating my opinion, but I really don't care. It was pretty damn rude of the person to close it down and only state 'personal reasons' and not give a bloody warning to people. 'Personal Reasons' don't count as a decent excuse, not to all of the uploaders and downloaders they have just shitted on.

I hate to burst your bubble but your sense of entitlement as if someone owed you these torrents is not warranted. If the admin of the site decides to shut it down for personal reasons or whatnot that's their business. No one is saying that he has to do this or whatever. if you really want to have a place to set up torrents for jdrama why don't you dedicate the time and energy to migrate everybody over to that forum? By the sounds of it though you're just a leech with no sense of regard or respect for anybody on here.

\( -o _ o- )/
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Postby \( -o _ o- )/ » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:52 pm

Taido wrote:For those who are interested in helping with a new site see Setting up a new torrent site. Who is willing to help?

A new site is in the works. Anyone who wants to help?
v ( ^ o ^ ) vImagev ( - _ - ) vImage\"( - ___ - )"/Image

pectin230

Postby pectin230 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:03 pm

Demonoid.ph works well too and has all of D-addicts type and includes great forums as well.

95danielvvv

Postby 95danielvvv » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:28 pm

its like being annihilated in a game...still have hope that it will reopen...thx for the fantastic HD drama...

prestoli

Postby prestoli » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:52 pm

I too am very saddened by these developments. D-addicts has been WONDERFUL for me, providing HD eps and a central place for subtitles and conversation. It's especially great for people like me who don't know any Japanese but enjoy these shows. But I respect the decision of the admin and hope we can find a new place to share our love of jdrama. I've even bought DVDs but the english subtitles are so horrible it's more a distraction than a help.

nikoru

Bye-bye

Postby nikoru » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:34 pm

Sorry to hear d-addicts torrent section has closed! As they say all good things come to an end eventually.
Although admittedly I've not been using it as much in recent years, I did have a few golden years back in the day where I was hooked on Lincoln, Ainori, London Hearts and other owarai variety shows from Japan. It was the only reliable source of JTV I could find back then to ease my homesickness.. Over the years so many sites got taken down, suprnova, mininova etc so it really was a matter of time, I'm not surprised in the slightest.

Anyway, I don't usually post in forums either but today I just wanted to say thank you to the owners and uploaders for your time and effort over the years.
Otsukare-samadeshita! Take care!

Sayonara!
:salut:
以上 :salut:

夜露死琥! :dance:

1337Rolla

Postby 1337Rolla » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:45 pm

in2sky wrote:D-addicts's database is gone anyway... we'll have to start from scratch.

Almost nothing is lost. Somebody posted a 19MB rip earlier in the thread containing 35,245 magnets.

gaijin

Postby gaijin » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:16 pm

Wow, haven't been here in a long time. Place still looks the same though. :)
Just saw a thread on 2ch mentioning that the torrent section got closed. Can't believe Ruroshin keep the section alive this long.

Anyway, just wanted to say thank you to the admin and the uploaders for spreading the love. It has been an amazing experience!! Maybe it will continue someplace else on the internet ?!

hey9

Postby hey9 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:26 pm

People need to chill. Ruroshin has run this site for 11 years - do you think he'd do something like this on a whim? Obviously something major went down, and it's hitting him hardest of all. Everyone is upset. Let's channel that frustration into something more positive. Go offer ideas in Taido's thread.

pectin230

Postby pectin230 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:54 pm

Torrents like this are an act of love. It is hard to sometimes get rich. I am sure some do but this was made out of love for Asian dramas. At the same time 1000s of authorities are trying to bring you down and sue u for whatever reason.,. not easy for a $$ from ads. Respect that!

dramalvr1497

Postby dramalvr1497 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:56 pm

I can't believe.
I will miss this place. :(

This reminds me of a site SilentRegrets that no longer exists. History repeats itself, huh? It's too bad no downloading drama sites ever really last.

zorkaz

Postby zorkaz » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:02 pm

Thanks for having kept the torrent section alive that long Ruroshin!

Taido

Postby Taido » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:13 pm

hey9 wrote:People need to chill. Ruroshin has run this site for 11 years - do you think he'd do something like this on a whim? Obviously something major went down, and it's hitting him hardest of all. Everyone is upset. Let's channel that frustration into something more positive. Go offer ideas in Taido's thread.

I totally agree with @hey9

I'm in total debt with Ruroshin for all his efforts and I shall never decline it.

But all I would like to direct your efforts to Setting up a new torrent site. Who is willing to help?

SugizoStyle

Postby SugizoStyle » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:18 pm

wtf??? :(

chindokae

Postby chindokae » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:33 pm

shun_nee wrote:

I'm angry about it, too, but your anger towards Ruroshin is completely misdirected and totally inappropriate.

If the site was closed for the usual reason torrent sites get closed, it was due to a legal threat. If so, it is standard practice to ensure that the victim (e.g. Ruroshin) is prevented from speaking about it through the use of a confidentiality clause. It's the civil equivalent of a National Security Letter. If this is the case, he CAN'T tell us the real reason lest whatever agreement he came to with the vultures be voided.

When someone who has had no day-to-day role in a site for years suddenly pops up and for no logical reason shuts only the torrent sections down while leaving the rest up, if only for a while, you can bet the reason is far more than personal. He was probably presented with a threat to ruin him and his family financially if he didn't close down immediately, and that threat would be carried out if he revealed the existence of any agreement. I don't know that this is what happened, but it seems likely to be true given what we know about how the MAFIAA's attack dogs work. They operate under a policy of Nacht und Nebel, just like their forefathers did.

rootabega

Postby rootabega » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:35 pm

Beautifully put, chindokae.
You are speaking truth to power.

The elito in Japan have been handed large hammers, and everything looks like a nail.

Frankly, there's a lot more worry about in the grand scheme of things besides, "How am I gonna keep watchin' my faaave teevee show??"

suchadajai

Postby suchadajai » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:20 am

shock shock shock

aicowei

Postby aicowei » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:40 am

what about the old torrents? where do we donwload them?

jiw2

Postby jiw2 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:21 am

chindokae wrote: ...I don't know that this is what happened...

This is the only undeniably true part of your post.

No matter what anyone thinks is logical or reasonable or accurate, none of us know anything.

forweg

Postby forweg » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:00 am

rootabega wrote:Beautifully put, chindokae.
You are speaking truth to power.

The elito in Japan have been handed large hammers, and everything looks like a nail.

Frankly, there's a lot more worry about in the grand scheme of things besides, "How am I gonna keep watchin' my faaave teevee show??"

No, to some of us, there isn't. The cultural treasures that are these "teevee shows" are unlike anything else in today's modern world. For me, their existence makes life much more worth living. They are invaluable. Your post is needlessly demeaning.

And the USA's puppet government in Japan may or may not have anything to do with this. Last time something like this happened, it was due to a single Korean company called CJ Entertainment, if I remember correctly?

rootabega

Postby rootabega » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:23 am

Forweg:
I'd like to direct you to the post I made just prior to the one you just criticized. It was intended for Ruroshin alone, but I would hope you would take a moment to read it in its entirety.

sam93

Postby sam93 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:41 am

Thanks D-A for everything :salut:

cindy25

Postby cindy25 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:59 am

instead of arguing among ourselves we should put efforts into alternate places to post. most torrent sites close without notice, including their forums. here we are lucky.

piyyah

Postby piyyah » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:05 am

This is devastating news for me.. Then again, thank you so much for every dramas and varieties these past years ;') All the best in everything!

RKe1CA

Postby RKe1CA » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:55 am

sad and shocking

obviously you can get everything from other site after translating the page but d-addicts torrent section was so much better

auriga

Postby auriga » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:35 am

I am really sad to read of this closure. D-addicts has been a part of my life for so long. Will really miss it. :pale:

Darez

Postby Darez » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:42 am

Posting just to see my join date.

Edit: Damn.. it's been 9 years. Will miss d-addicts. Good run and thanks for all the jdramas.

honeybunz

A shocking and sad end

Postby honeybunz » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:06 am

I have been a devoted fan for d-addicts torrents for around 10 years now. It pains me that it has shut down as I have been heavily relying on it for my dosage of japanese variety shows. I have been visiting this site faithfully for uploads. I am terrified to know that I won't be able to continue watching my favourite shows like SmapxSmap, London hearts, and many more. Thanks for the many wonderful years. It has been an entertaining, fun and enjoyable journey.

yasuikara

Postby yasuikara » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:45 am

Thank you all for the work till now. Seems there is willingness and know how to create a new site. Nevertheless I hope that the Wiki remains on this site. I share the feelings of most of you!

x1zz1x

Postby x1zz1x » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:17 pm

Just wanted to say Thank You to Ruroshin, admins, mod, subbers for this site.

wakopin

Postby wakopin » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:18 pm

Ruroshin and all who worked to keep D-Addicts hopping, thanks for the many, many year run!!! You made a legion of D-Addicts happy. Best wishes to you. I hope the subtitle resources continue.
:w00t: Happiness and light!

buttercookies

Postby buttercookies » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:31 pm

why oh why :( very sad news.. :cry: :cry:
i really really love this site tbh :cry: :cry:
but thanks for all admin in here~~ thanks for the uploads~~ i loveee youuu~~~ :heart: :heart:

Tran

Postby Tran » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:46 pm

I'm thinking can uploaders please upload to other site for all of us in like kickass or something or your own blog like fansura? Pretty please...I rely too much on this site now I'm lost.

zuuzuu

Postby zuuzuu » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:01 pm

Thank you for everyone who bring me joys in jdorama world

cheeseakad

Postby cheeseakad » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:20 pm

IT WAS A SAD DAY FOR ALL WHO LOVE THIS SITE!!

BUT ALL IN ALL!!! THANK UUUU!! FOR THE GOOD TIMES!!!

MAYBE IN TIME WE WILL SEE THE WONDERFULL N LOVING RUROSHIN AGAIN!!

CUZ ILL BE LOOKING :D

scenevoleur

Postby scenevoleur » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:48 pm

Oh my goodness, I am more than devastated, I felt as if some part of me died. Where can we download new korean dramas then? HELP!

allratings

Postby allratings » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 pm

Thank you Ruroshin! I honestly did not know how much I appreciated this site until it was gone. It was like going to my favorite store where I knew where every item was to find it closed. For those of you looking for new places to download torrents please be smart in your Google searches. Don't type the usual "Korean Drama Torrent Download" etc., etc.. Search for exactly what you want. Use the title of a torrent you have downloaded from here in the past and you will find it on many other sites.

EXAMPLE: Here is one that I downloaded a few weeks ago from here. 가족끼리 왜 이래.E21.141026.HDTV.H264.720p-WITH

Armed with that info you should be able to find as many torrent sites as you want. None will compare to D-Addicts though and you will be greatly missed. Thanks again Ruroshin.

mushmush

Postby mushmush » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:50 pm

Noooooo :cry:

no more music station :(

dwr478

Postby dwr478 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:58 pm

I am afraid it is probably and take-down notice. There are satellite providers in the USA and there are on-line sites like KBS-World.com available outside the USA. There are probably satellite sites now for every country or on-line sites for every country (or there soon will be). Sorry to see this go. No more downloads, only streaming and, for some people, recording for personal use from the streams.

gebageba-kun

Postby gebageba-kun » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:31 pm

few people on the previous page looking for Gunshi Kanbei taiga drama ...

can get up to episode 45 here:
http://bt.ktxp.com/search.php?keyword=% ... 5%E8%A1%9B

Magboro

Postby Magboro » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:52 pm

gebageba-kun wrote:few people on the previous page looking for Gunshi Kanbei taiga drama ...

can get up to episode 45 here:
http://bt.ktxp.com/search.php?keyword=% ... 5%E8%A1%9B

Interesting but no idea how to get the torrent from a site that sounds ... chinese ... to me

gebageba-kun

Postby gebageba-kun » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:04 pm

the link is to only gunshi kanbei episodes.
episodes are numbered.
the little green arrow is the torrent download button..

koki kun

Postby koki kun » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:04 pm

Thank you d addicts for everything for all this years.. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

erikai

Postby erikai » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:49 pm

this is sad.

thank you to everyone who did their share with all those torrents.

Di@na

Postby Di@na » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:56 pm

OH GOD NOOOO!!!! ;__; 10 years ago I found this site and it helped me SO MUCH to find doramas with subtitels and watch all the great doramas and tv shows from Japan....
OMG I seriously don't know what to do now.... ;___;

Thank you for all those great years! ;___;
d-addicts user: since 2nd oct. 2004

midwinter

Postby midwinter » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:39 am

D-addicts is the website that introduced me to Asian dramas many years ago, and it is very sad to see the torrent section shutting down. I just would like to thank Ruroshin for keeping this website alive for so many years, I am sure there were important reasons to make such a decision. And a big thank you to all the uploaders that have provided me with my favorite dramas for years.

Hope the adventure will continue maybe in a different place, this is such an amazing community! :)

cindy25

Postby cindy25 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:26 am

dwr478 wrote:I am afraid it is probably and take-down notice. There are satellite providers in the USA and there are on-line sites like KBS-World.com available outside the USA. There are probably satellite sites now for every country or on-line sites for every country (or there soon will be). Sorry to see this go. No more downloads, only streaming and, for some people, recording for personal use from the streams.

it is very easy to download from streaming sites:

1) install firefox download externsion
2) download when you see the symbol

3) if the site has split parts , and most do, use freemake converter to join files. much easier than what you first think.

diannurulloh

Postby diannurulloh » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:49 am

thank you for all your effort to seeder and uploader . It's so sad the torrent section closed. Hope we could met at another torrent section. LUV U SO MUCH :wub:
Last edited by diannurulloh on Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tai

Postby Tai » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:49 am

For me Personally, this is not like "cool it has been nice. we will meet again in the afterlice." This announcement is like watching the news on TV the day Ferguson happened. Or for people in other parts, like watching the Chinese police beat down the HK people.
I cant believe what the internet is moving towards. For me, this is a day that will be remembered. Sure I will remember the good things, the people I have met. This was where I turned to try an stay up with whats happening over in a favorite place. So in a perverse way, seeing d-addicts get butchered up, well; it is like watching one of the fanatics cut off a brothers head with a fricking army knife. It makes me sick!
I am completely shocked. I know nothing in this world lasts. But my naive way, thinking with a name like d-addicts the play would last longer.
Ruroshin thanks for the years!

sfnoona

Thank-you for such a wonderful site - sorry to see it go!

Postby sfnoona » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:57 am

midwinter wrote:D-addicts is the website that introduced me to Asian dramas many years ago, and it is very sad to see the torrent section shutting down. I just would like to thank Ruroshin for keeping this website alive for so many years, I am sure there were important reasons to make such a decision. And a big thank you to all the uploaders that have provided me with my favorite dramas for years.

Hope the adventure will continue maybe in a different place, this is such an amazing community! :)

I completely AGREE!!

SunSama

Postby SunSama » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:29 am

chindokae wrote:
shun_nee wrote:

I'm angry about it, too, but your anger towards Ruroshin is completely misdirected and totally inappropriate.

If the site was closed for the usual reason torrent sites get closed, it was due to a legal threat. If so, it is standard practice to ensure that the victim (e.g. Ruroshin) is prevented from speaking about it through the use of a confidentiality clause. It's the civil equivalent of a National Security Letter. If this is the case, he CAN'T tell us the real reason lest whatever agreement he came to with the vultures be voided.

When someone who has had no day-to-day role in a site for years suddenly pops up and for no logical reason shuts only the torrent sections down while leaving the rest up, if only for a while, you can bet the reason is far more than personal. He was probably presented with a threat to ruin him and his family financially if he didn't close down immediately, and that threat would be carried out if he revealed the existence of any agreement. I don't know that this is what happened, but it seems likely to be true given what we know about how the MAFIAA's attack dogs work. They operate under a policy of Nacht und Nebel, just like their forefathers did.

In addition, I think is rude and disrespectful to all of us the tone of the complaints, and specially to Ruroshin. This is a free website where everybody here contribute with their community efforts, starting by the Admin. Years of hard work keeping this up, which is not easy.
It could be from health issues to work issues, even if the reason to close it, is not a legal one. Whatever it is, he has the right to do it, and we should be very grateful for all the years we have enjoyed it.
Furthermore, when this has happened before with other websites, suddenly they closed down completely, like MU, MYA, Silent Regrets, etc. No notification, nothing. Maybe for you this forum is dead, but not for many of us that we will keep communicating and sharing as before.
I recommend reading the 7 pages or so, of comments from all those uploaders and downloaders with the best words to Ruroshin for his hard work and wishing him the best. Again, I am thankful for sharing with all of you years of good dramas.

bmwracer

Postby bmwracer » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:30 am

shun_nee wrote:

You two are ingrates, plain and simple.

Ruroshin created this site as a courtesy and he doesn't owe us squat as to what the reasons are for shutting down the torrent section.

Deal with it.
If you need me to seed Ueno Juri-chan or Yonekura Ryoko-chan stuff, please PM me. :salut:

2ndComing

Postby 2ndComing » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:00 am

This is sad news, indeed. Hope all is well with all the admins out there. We understand ur situation, guys, so don't feel bad. In any case, what is another option to download torrents. Anyone?

heat6jones

Postby heat6jones » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:24 am

This is quite disappointing. I've been a huge fan of jdramas the past decade or so and as far as I know this will be hard for the scene to recover from. There aren't many other places to download Jdramas.

Well, to put a positive spin on things, thanks for the past decade of great jdramas!

d14na16

Postby d14na16 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:36 am

so sad...

thanks d-addicts and ruroshin for all these years !

zsinyoz

Postby zsinyoz » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:38 am

you can DL@ nyaa.se

garp7575

Postby garp7575 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:45 am

Looks like I'm now going to have get a life! Very sad :(

cassius

Postby cassius » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:24 am

Di@na wrote:OH GOD NOOOO!!!! ;__; 10 years ago I found this site and it helped me SO MUCH to find doramas with subtitels and watch all the great doramas and tv shows from Japan....
OMG I seriously don't know what to do now.... ;___;

Thank you for all those great years! ;___;

OMG...i saw your 'member since 2004' signature and realised I've been here about the same time....this place has become a huge part of my life without me even realising it...

jedmed

Postby jedmed » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:13 am

Thank you so much for all the years of hard work not only in providing us with a unique glimpse into the Japanese TV series, but for giving us a chance to discover new friends!
Publisher, Psycho-Drama
Reviews of Japanese movies and drama + Profile of Japanese actors
https://psycho-drama.com

ainatulmar

Postby ainatulmar » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:30 am

why u closing down the torrent section? can i know why? this is the only side or pages that i can obtain my favourite kdrama. this is sad :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

BloomingDesire87

Postby BloomingDesire87 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:39 pm

Quite shocked to see it gone =(... I've always relied on d-addicts for torrents for years...

Return to “D-Addicts Announcements”