Closing down the torrent section

News, Updates and Information about this site.
This section is important, please read it for changes about the site!
thefall

Postby thefall » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:36 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry:
It's so sad that the torrents have gone.
I've been a fan of d-addicts for years, it was my introduction and go to for drama which was great as I am unable to get them where I am from :cry:
Thanks Ruroshin for keeping it going for as long as you did and thank you to the fansubbers who without them I would not have been able to get our drama fix! :salut:

amrayu
Administrator
Administrator

Postby amrayu » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:54 pm

I guess I can stop subbing then! :lol

It's been a good ride D-Addicts. :salut:
Follow SARS-Fansubs on Twitter now!
Get up-to-date info on dramas and fansubbing!

dhisashi

Postby dhisashi » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:23 am

amrayu wrote:I guess I can stop subbing then! :lol

Gonna miss Sars. :-(

Thanks for all your hard work.

thefall

Postby thefall » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:35 am

It really is the end if sars are quitting :cry:
I'm going to miss them too, they were a huge source of great quality subs :salut:

Jidaigekimaniac

Postby Jidaigekimaniac » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:46 am

So sad this have been using this site for 7 years (though this is my first post).

Nyaa is a very good and easy site to use though for a month in this autumn the site was down probably also because of take down letters.

Know some japanese government people due to involvment in the anime culture many groups has been untouched for long time because of the foreign ministry pointing out it was good for japanese marketing. However I get the feeling that this time this can have something to do with NHK's new online strategies, where you can pay monthly subscribtion to all their old dramas through history.

Now when you guys are here I have a small favour to ask you guys.

I have been collecting the Jidaigeki and especially the Taiga Dramasa through the years, and wants one day to do something with them, however for 6 month ago one of my external disc made the click of death so I have been trying to down the series again, was nearly there but not completely when they took the site down.

Could I ask some of you guys to reseed those few:
From NHK Taiga Dramas:

Mominoki wa nokotta
Homura Tatsu 1-16, 17-35
All Hojo Tokimune (or Houjo Tokimune) 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, 16-20,21-25, 26-30, 36-40, 41-45, 47-48,49
Aoi Tokugawa (Sandai) 31-40, 41-49

Jidaigeki not Taigadramasa
Daibutsu Kaigen part 1&2
Shigotonin Fujieda Baian (1990-1993)
Shigotonin Fujieda Baian (SP2006)
Yoidore Kotouji ep9,10,11,12

I have them already on my tracking list on my torrent program so I only need some to reseed. Please will you guys do that?

Again Ruroshin thanks for your initiative.

Turbojugend

Postby Turbojugend » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:04 am

Joined 15 Apr 2007

thanks for your hard work everyone !!!
丧失面子比丧失爱情还要命

"子曰:“非禮勿視, 非禮勿聽,非禮勿言, 非禮勿動“

Tran

Postby Tran » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:16 am

I'm sad and will be sad for a little bit longer... But always grateful for all your hard work ~

ocha_suki

Postby ocha_suki » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:31 am

Jidaigekimaniac wrote:So sad this have been using this site for 7 years (though this is my first post).

I have been collecting the Jidaigeki and especially the Taiga Dramasa through the years, and wants one day to do something with them, however for 6 month ago one of my external disc made the click of death so I have been trying to down the series again, was nearly there but not completely when they took the site down.

just my 2c, instead of re-DL all, have you tried to recover your external HD by using GetDataBack software?
I had the same problem with you once, and could recovery at least 75-80% of my data.
I think it's better than re-DL all the files once again ;)

LanceSalmo

Postby LanceSalmo » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:33 am

Subbing does not have to stop.. As long as the raws are DL somewhere else, and the subs are put on here, then there's still hope :)

TimeCompression

Postby TimeCompression » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:01 am

That's too bad. I had to do a reality check to see if this was a really bad dream.
Unfortunately it seems it is not :(
Thank you subbers, uploaders and everybody who seeded the torrents for all those years.
I don't post much but I hope you guys stick around. There's still the forum I guess. People can still sub and we will get the raws elsewhere... If anyone needs invites or bonus points for asiatorrents, PM me and I'll try to help.

You won't stop subbing.
You won't stop subbing.
You won't stop subbing.
(Please update amrayu! :D)

Alexz80

Postby Alexz80 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:31 am

ocha_suki wrote:
Jidaigekimaniac wrote:So sad this have been using this site for 7 years (though this is my first post).

just my 2c, instead of re-DL all, have you tried to recover your external HD by using GetDataBack software?
I had the same problem with you once, and could recovery at least 75-80% of my data.

I have crashed 4 HDD with various Size from 1.5TB - 2TB. Don't know how to recover

hadrianmarcus

Postby hadrianmarcus » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:41 am

Five plus years of downloading Japanology and the occasional Jidaigeki / Taiga drama, all I can say is thanks to all that made it possible. It was a great ride.

mi_sook

Postby mi_sook » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:07 am

Thought it was a temporary problem...
But was shocked later when I found this. Didn't take long for my tears to follow it.
Thanks for all your monumental hard work! Subbers Uploaders Admins Mods everyone!
I've been researching a lot about site take downs lately... But the fact is, if not for DA I would never known something like jdramas exist!
Copyright monopolists think they can stop us by taking down sites... but no they can't.
If anyone or rushorin is planning to create a new site to index torrents ... then I'll always help you... I'll wait for your pm :)

printninja21

Postby printninja21 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:25 am

Thank you to all that have contributed to DA.
I'll never forget the day I stumbled onto this site.
I would download and load up a harddrive to share with my parents every other week so that they could watch shows from Japan.
While my family have always enjoyed the doramas, I personally enjoyed watching the Japanese Varieties the most.
With the new year coming up, I hope someone can let me know where I can download all the specials from!
Thanks again!!

verbish

Postby verbish » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:48 am

I can't believe how I'm so affected by this news - like a deflated balloon :-(

I will miss this great source of Japanese shows, subs, and discourse. Thank you very much to everyone for making this a great place to visit the past few years!

0xyg3n

Postby 0xyg3n » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:31 am

thankyou so much ruroshin, because of this site, i can watch many awesome drama(since i dont have good drama in my country)

thankyou for providing us a place to get such an awesome drama

i know it's a hard decision for you

i cant return anything to you for your effort keeping this site live, i only can support all action you took for this site

for subber, thankyou so much for providing awesome translation, so even i who dont understand japanese/korean at all can enjoy the show

iamogi

Postby iamogi » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:37 am

To everyone who contributed to the making of this site:

Thank you!! :-)

It was my daily routine to check this site for torrents.

I've been looking for another d-addict like site but to no avail. :-(

zejing312129

Postby zejing312129 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:49 am

uedajirou wrote:How about variety shows? (The true,real comedic variety shows, not idol "variety shows " like VS Arashi, etc)

Yep, I know right! Like Pussuma with Yusuke and Kusanagi? That show's perfection!

zejing312129

Postby zejing312129 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:56 am

This was a really sudden notice. However, I am thankful to everyone who kept this site available!

I would suggest that, instead of using torrents, would it be possible to use cloud storage sites like Dropbox or Google Drive (or anything similar would do!)

Not everyone has the internet connection to seed or torrent. I am a new user, and I haven't downloaded files from this site, mainly because of lack of seeders. Instead, I download the subtitles from here and buy the drama from Amazon, etc. Yet, there are still some files on this site (such as the variety Pussuma that I love to watch) that are not available to buy.

I really hope that there can be a way for everyone to access the files that have been on this site without having to inconvenience others with seeding.

Thank you so much everyone for all your hard work and contributions!

hohliu

Postby hohliu » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:53 am

I am so sad! But thank you for all your hardwork.
Does anyone know Furransu's blogs address?

ersby

Postby ersby » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:26 am

JLove

Postby JLove » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:34 am

I joined DA just a couple of months back because this is where I can find all the subs and variety shows. The subs here are more accessible with a good quality. So I thank all the uploaders and subbers who did it out of good spirit even though they face many complaints from downloaders. Your work has kept this site alive for many years. Thanks to all the moderators and creators of this community for your good work. Without DA, I wouldn't have found out more about Jdramas. I believe this site runs on the sense of community and I have also encountered a few kind users in my short period as a user.

I hope subbers continue to provide the subs as uploaders may already be looking for other platforms to continue providing these shows that many of us have no access to. I think this is the time we need to be a community and help each other out.

biskuit

Sad

Postby biskuit » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:00 am

I was hoping I would die before d-addicts' torrent forum shut down.
It's so painful now that the reverse happened.
:cry:

Thanks Ruroshin, Amrayu, Micehell, and other contributors! I'm so sad that I cannot watch Running Man anymore.

chanpuru

Re: Sad

Postby chanpuru » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:55 am

biskuit wrote:I'm so sad that I cannot watch Running Man anymore.

Sure you can. I don't think that was a regular upload here, but either either way, you can get the first 200 episodes in a lower-resolution batch, the next 11 in a high resolution batch, and the very latest (to last Sunday) as individual torrents from:

http://www.torrentcup.net/bbs/s.php?k=% ... D%EB%A7%A8

The hex codes above are just the URL-friendly codes for the Hangul characters spelling Running Man. Enjoy.

noop

Postby noop » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:12 am

I haven't use torrent lately but it's still sad news :'(
thanks for maintaining it through the years.

nadesico
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby nadesico » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:22 am

Been here since 2005, and I've watched thousands of hours of dramas thanks to all the amazing people here. I even met one of the best friends I have thanks to the forum, fantastic people I'm very proud to know. I can't sum up in mere words what d-addict has brought me all these years, it wouldn't be enough... This site has definitely had a very important impact on my life, and my knowledge of Asian culture. It pushed the boundary of my curiosity and for me, it was my first experience of online community, not based on silly status updates and fluffy kittens ( not that I have anything against kittens mind you), but based on solidarity, humour and mutual assistance. I now feel that can I can give back to this community, and I have some hard files filled with old dramas and tv shows. I really need to classify everything, and probably to buy more hard drives, but if someone reading this is thinking of creating a new site or blog, I would be more than happy to contribute, and share the classics I've saved.
Thanks a lot , again.

Mitani

Postby Mitani » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:36 am

Aww, it really pains my heart that it had to be this way, DA has been my number one source for both jdorama and twdorama since I started watching back around 2005-06 and it has always been a rock in my life in times of ups and downs...
I'm so grateful for the many people who helped the love for asian tv to be spread as far as it did and I guess my biggest wish for this years xmas gift would be the news that it was all a big hoax and the torrent server would go up again :(

craeslai

Postby craeslai » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:33 pm

f***

kdramalover1996

Postby kdramalover1996 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:34 pm

Can anyone suggest me any good places to download Kdramas...... help me.

Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Keiko1981 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:14 pm

kdramalover1996 wrote:Can anyone suggest me any good places to download Kdramas...... help me.

http://www.giftedones.net/links-of-interest/

kdramalover1996

Postby kdramalover1996 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:35 pm

jossah

Postby jossah » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:50 pm

Is this real? Like permanent and forever?! I feel so sad and empty right now. I've been coming here since 2009 for jdramas and eventually, kdramas and variety shows as well. I hope there's still something we can do to save the site. You guys can probably relate with me when I say that my sanity needs this website.

Anyway, if there's really nothing we can do about it, I just want to say THANK YOU to all uploaders and subbers. It's been a good ride, d-addicts. I'll still be coming here for the forums. :)

melojpkr

Postby melojpkr » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:19 pm

logged in just to say thanks for all these years d-addicts torrents/ uploaders /subbers. otsukaresamadeshita

dngnta

Postby dngnta » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:31 pm

Thanks for everything Ruroshin!

I'll be uploading Tantei! Knight Scoop and Hitoshi Matsumoto no Suberanai Hanashi on nyaa from now on. Maybe some Mechaike too if I come across new episodes.

cheeseakad

THANK UUUUUUUU!!!

Postby cheeseakad » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:06 pm

kdramalover1996 wrote:For the ones who looking for korean dramas there is a korean website named WWW.TORRENT82.COM. it is in korean language you'll be able to translate it to english or other available languages if you want.it has good quality files too.you'll be able to find Japanese Chinese or Taiwanese tv shows there.
:cheer

keroro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby keroro » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:39 pm

i've been in here for so long! this has always been part of my life!

i was an enthusiast of micehell's postings of yyets chi_jap dramas. i love watching them with jpsubs!

is beautiful micehell going to continue to post them anywhere else? i know they can be obtained directly from yyets but centralizing work is just beautiful!!

anyway thanks everyone for everything and this place is not dead! forum activity goes on and on!

nemo_x2000

Postby nemo_x2000 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:54 pm

This is sad news. Thank you to everyone that has contributed to d'addicts. I definitely wouldn't be as big a fan of Asian dramas as I am now if it wasn't for d'addicts.

hitler666

Postby hitler666 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:27 pm

Hi all...

fyi u can download K/J dramas at ymbulletin blogspot.com
hope this helps those looking for J/K dramas..

ur welcome! :D

hobbes

Postby hobbes » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:49 pm

I visit D-Addicts about once a week so I'm late to the news :(

A big thank you to Ruroshin, the moderators, subbers, uploaders and all other contributors to the site! This has been my go-to site for doramas, especially batch downloads, for the past 10 years and it's really sad that the torrents are no longer available.

biskuit

Postby biskuit » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:55 pm

I forgot to say thanks to Keiko1981. Thanks for contributing a lot of Korean drama torrents.

wilkerj

Losing the Torrents Here

Postby wilkerj » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:24 pm

So sad that you re getting out of hosting the torrents. I have certainly appreciated it for many years.

We can go to asiatorrents I suppose now.

dhisashi

Postby dhisashi » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:28 pm

hitler666 wrote:Hi all...

fyi u can download K/J dramas at ymbulletin blogspot.com
hope this helps those looking for J/K dramas..

ur welcome! :D

These are just links that were taken from D-Addicts. I think their source has dried up.

:-)

koitsu

Postby koitsu » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:29 pm

Thanks for years of entertainment. It's been a blast. Best of luck!

motoko09

Re: Sad

Postby motoko09 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:37 pm

chanpuru wrote:
biskuit wrote:I'm so sad that I cannot watch Running Man anymore.

Sure you can. I don't think that was a regular upload here, but either either way, you can get the first 200 episodes in a lower-resolution batch, the next 11 in a high resolution batch, and the very latest (to last Sunday) as individual torrents from:

http://www.torrentcup.net/bbs/s.php?k=% ... D%EB%A7%A8

The hex codes above are just the URL-friendly codes for the Hangul characters spelling Running Man. Enjoy.

GOD BLESS YOU, AND ALWAYS KEEP YOU HEALTHY for this link! thank you! thank you!

and thank you D-addict it's been a wonderful journey! <3
Last edited by motoko09 on Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

richkingly

Postby richkingly » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:42 pm

dngnta wrote:Thanks for everything Ruroshin!

I'll be uploading Tantei! Knight Scoop and Hitoshi Matsumoto no Suberanai Hanashi on nyaa from now on. Maybe some Mechaike too if I come across new episodes.

Thanks dgnta! Really sad news, this has always been our link to Japanese TV shows - thanks to everyone for their hard word over the years

in2sky

Postby in2sky » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:10 pm

TimeCompression wrote:That's too bad. I had to do a reality check to see if this was a really bad dream.
Unfortunately it seems it is not :(
Thank you subbers, uploaders and everybody who seeded the torrents for all those years.
I don't post much but I hope you guys stick around. There's still the forum I guess. People can still sub and we will get the raws elsewhere... If anyone needs invites or bonus points for asiatorrents, PM me and I'll try to help.

You won't stop subbing.
You won't stop subbing.
You won't stop subbing.
(Please update amrayu! :D)

Yeahh :) Please don't stop subbing.
After all, NYAA is an ok site and we'll probably get used to it.
I know our heart's not there though. Losing this community is painful.
On the other hand, the site is not dead, subs can be uploaded, information can be shared and friendship goes on.
It's just the downloads that must be kept outside of the site.
Maybe with some reorganized system it should work.
I hope so.
Keep up the good work.
Ganbare!

Madoka
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby Madoka » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:24 pm

I've been coming here pretty much daily for over a decade now. I remember when the tracker went away. I had wondered if the new law changes in Japan recently would affect us here, and I guess it finally did,

It is a sad day indeed. I can hear the death cries of many old torrents...

I would like to thank Ruroshin, all the uploaders, all the subbers, and every one here for making this place a great place to hang out and feed our addiction. Fortunately, the whole site is not gone so the love will continue.
Last edited by Madoka on Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whiteadamas

Postby whiteadamas » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:33 pm

It's time to invent something new, it's time to change the name TORRENT...........

kokoroai

Postby kokoroai » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:22 pm

OMG I'm in shock... I'm so sad but grateful too... Thank you so much to everyone that made possible this years of happiness. T_T

foradeleh

Postby foradeleh » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:46 pm

If you need an invite to Asiatorrents.me pm an email address. I currently have 6 invites available and enough bonus points to obtain another 24 invites. I mostly download movies from there but you can also find dramas in 480p or 720p and even 1080p quality.

Other options for japanese downloads, some already mentioned: Jpch.tv (DDL site with links for 720p dramas, some popular variety, some travel. Shows are available for download 24 hours after airing), Furransu's site (Google jdramacity) for torrents in 480p but doesn't have all the dramas, AsianDirectDownload for DDL links with various quality (current jdramas have not been updated for a few weeks though), YYeTs and Pssclub (you have to register at this site) for current dramas and movies if you don't mind Chinese subtitles, JPfiles.eu (DDL site that I occasionally use for movies), and a few uploaders on Dailymotion still upload some current dramas and a couple of variety in 720p-ish quality.

Still no site quite like D-Addicts. Thanks to all who maintained this site over the years; you have helped keep my mother a happy and, more importantly, sane woman.

wobblywalker

Postby wobblywalker » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:03 pm

Question, will the googlecache pages be around for a long long time or will they disappear after some scheduled time? Sorry I know so little about computer matters, I was wondering how long they'd be useable.

sfoguy

Postby sfoguy » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:21 pm

This is terrible news. How will we finish Gunshi Kanbee? It's been the best taiga drama in a long time by far, and now we won't see it to the end. So depressing.

antspace

Postby antspace » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:47 pm

Gunshi Kanbee is being continued : )

xaphirezst

Postby xaphirezst » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:13 pm

This is unacceptable. You can close entries for new torrent, but is it necessary to delete the whole fvcking database? Ridiculous, idiotic move. Those files are uploaded by your user, they pretty much donated their time to upload the contents here. How can you just delete them and all of their works like that without a notice, it's disgusting and shows lack of respect to your user.

Imagine if the owner of Wikipedia suddenly decided to just close and delete all the contents. It's the same thing except this is in a smaller scale.

Jidaigekimaniac

Postby Jidaigekimaniac » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:22 pm

ocha_suki wrote:

when it happened I downloaded Getdataback and could see most of the files, but aparently needed to buy a subscription to retrieve the data.

I didnt and researched some more, funny enough the program is usually the one on all boards are saying I should use, but more pro sites are more talking about Recuva and Glary, Pandora etc.

Maybe I should try GetDataback once again but a month ago when I tried a scan again it scanned for more than 24 hours and found nothing, cant remember if I used the FAT version or NTFS version though. Anybody having experience with GetDataBack as being better than all the others? Cause then I buy it.

ChinguFansubs

Postby ChinguFansubs » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:32 pm

This is unacceptable. You can close entries for new torrent, but is it necessary to delete the whole fvcking database? Ridiculous, idiotic move. Those files are uploaded by your user, they pretty much donated their time to upload the contents here. How can you just delete them and all of their works like that without a notice, it's disgusting and shows lack of respect to your user.

xaphirezest.... Ok, no need to be rude. If this has been a DMCA notice (& it seems that that is the case) then you have no other option but to comply with the request.
Last edited by ChinguFansubs on Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DM me here @ d-addicts

Psionic

Postby Psionic » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:34 pm

i think a part of me has died.

foradeleh

Postby foradeleh » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:36 pm

Jidaigekimaniac wrote: Anybody having experience with GetDataBack as being better than all the others? Cause then I buy it.

Try Recuva first. It's free and you don't have to install the program on your computer you can just run it. It helped me to see files on a dying WD Passport Ultra that my computer stopped recognizing 2 months ago. Try that before you pay for anything. Hope it works. :unsure:

https://www.piriform.com/recuva

xaphirezst

Postby xaphirezst » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:39 pm

I hope everyone moves to KAT:
https://kickass.so

No more personally owned tracker site to avoid more cases like this happening.
KAT is owned and run by a team, not a person, they won't delete stuff for "personal reason".

Nyaa.se is owned by a person, not a team. This kinds of cases may happen to them, most probably, as the Japanese are clamping down on Anime downloads, so it is not wise to move to Nyaa.

Savitri

Postby Savitri » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:59 pm

Oh my god this is a really big shock. I feel like someone stabbed me in the heart.
I cant believe this. :-(
Where should I find my Dramas from now on.
Life is a chance - use it ~ Life is a dream - make it a reality ~ Life is a duty - fulfill it ~ Life is luck - deserve it ~
Life is a challenge - confront it ~ Life is precious - deal carefully with it ~ Life is sorrow - overcome it ~ Life is life - defend it

cindy25

Postby cindy25 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:11 am

the advantage of KAT and other public sites is the torrents are co-hosted elsewhere, so if the USA govt (or the puppet govt in Tokyo) gets it shutdown the torrents will still be on numerous sites.

but since seeding is the time consuming thing it would be simple to post a torrent on both nyaa and kickass, with the same trackers.

Tony09

Postby Tony09 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:43 am

Hello everyone, I hope that what I'm writing now, can read most of the users of d-addicts.

Are several days now that I read this post closing section torrent, and I read many users, disappointed, sad, saddened by this bad news. I am one of those people who likes very much the Japanese entertainment world, from drama to variety, everything about the entertaiment Japanese is my passion.

I since I was a child, I always learned that even when it reaches the end of whatever may happen, we must work to create a new project.

Why not create a new website? If we want our passion for Japanese dramas continue, we need to create a new website, I think that among the many users sorry and sad for the closure there is someone who knows how to program a new website, and I also think that there are so many others that you can take care of maintenance of the sections of a new website dedicated to the drama ?? !!.

D-addicts although it remained open section torrent, has now become a website uncared for, we need a breakthrough, opening a new website we also vogliai fansubber to subtitle the new series of drama, another element fodamentale is that with the closure of d-addicts, most of the drama are loaded on to host sites, if one day are closed these sites in which are loaded (for example as a few years ago when it was closed megaupload), there will be more news of drama, so you have to create a new site where the drama can be uploaded to torrent.

At the beginning it can be difficult as a thing, but in life nothing is impossible, we try to save our biggest hobby, to see Japanese dramas.

Even if we want money initially, with a good number of donations we can reach the sum suits to go forward.

Fortunately I know the world how to download Japanese dramas in 720p and 1080p version that is not the usual sites furransu or asiadrama, so I might even fail to witness this thing, but no !, I want there to be a new community that we can drama to download more easily, without the risk that the drama can be erased.
Creating a website that can would satisfy the needs of all, the Japanese dramas like those Koreans must be easily downloaded as you do on the internet with the American TV series.

strength and courage, we can do it.[/i]

Mon1459

Postby Mon1459 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:37 am

Oh no, i was shocked that D-Addict no longer upload torrent. It is the best site i ever used.
All latest show uploader faster than any site i have been used.

I hope one day you have change your mind and reopen again for us to use.

Thank you so much for all those years keep us up to date and entertaining.

mashumk

Postby mashumk » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:42 am

Tony09 wrote:

Fortunately I know the world how to download Japanese dramas in 720p and 1080p version that is not the usual sites furransu or asiadrama, so I might even fail to witness this thing, but no !, I want there to be a new community that we can drama to download more easily, without the risk that the drama can be erased.

strength and courage, we can do it.[/i]

Where is the source for 1080p? Even if it's not English, I can manage. It's 2014 so I 1080p is the standard. Where do the RAWs originate? Is there a foreign site they appeared on first before being presented on DA? Or was it individuals sending directly to DA with no in-between? That is the source I seek.

I hope DA at least continues being such a great place for subs. 10 years of fun thanks to
all the subbers gathering here. Much better than being scattered across the internet.

I loved that HD torrents were here and it's nice to see asiatorrent slowly get some HD dramas, but currently they aren't as complete as DA was. Maybe it will change. And Nyaa has some but isn't organized to separate categories of video.
Whatever site becomes the new leader, organized forums and video categorization are absolutely the key to success.

(By the way, where in the world is "N no Tame ni" in HD?)

It's 2014 and some dramas are only available in 480p. Ten years ago that would be good but 1080p is so common and can easily be encoded to a great looking small file. For example, 720p Dear Sister is 1.21GB at asiatorrent. A 45 minute video @ 720p can be near flawlessly encoded to 500MB or less. 480p should be be miniscule.

I don't understand. Is it a deliberate deterrent for something? 3GB for 45 minutes of 1080p is bizarre. Fixing RAW encoding would help foster a new community - wherever that ends up being.

It's not a problem for my internet connection but it's a strange phenomenon and inhibits many, I presume.

Anyway, in short, where to get the fresh HD RAWs? Is there a Japanese torrent site?

And where is N no Tame Ni in HD? Anybody know? :-)

ailuros

Postby ailuros » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:10 am

antspace wrote:Gunshi Kanbee is being continued : )

Pls let me know where gunshi kanbee continue?? Thanksss in advance XD

water_angel

Postby water_angel » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:33 am

Thank you, D-addicts, for being such a great resource for asian drama throughout the years... you will be missed. ;_;

Does anyone have an AsiaTorrents invite they can kindly spare me? Much appreciated! <3

kobys

Postby kobys » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:56 am

I'm devastated! I come to this site many times a week! Thanks for all you have done in building and maintaining the site.

How can I get invited to AsiaTorrents? Onegai shimasu!

antspace

Postby antspace » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:00 am

ailuros wrote:
antspace wrote:Gunshi Kanbee is being continued : )

Pls let me know where gunshi kanbee continue?? Thanksss in advance XD

Sorry, I read the following comment from Avallac'h:

[spoiler]Avallac'hOffline

Total posts: 1028

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:15 am Post subject: Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote
cirmos wrote:
Avallac'h wrote:
Keiko1981 wrote:
Gone
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents.php

Yes. And "Torrent comments" section gone too.
This is what I feared most. Sad

Oh my!
Dear Avallac'h,
Can I ask will you continue uploading Gunshi Kanbee somewhere?

I will.
But at first I'll try to revive my old uploads somewhere.
Just registered on nyaa. There is "Live action" section.
Looks like there's no need to re-create the torrents. I can just upload them "as is".
I'll try to upload some of them this week-end.[/spoiler]

It might just be the raws though...

karyuudo

Postby karyuudo » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:02 am

Thanks to the admin for all the years of great torrents!

For those of you wondering where to go next, let's just migrate over to nyaa.se

It makes sense since it's an already established site and there's a Live action section there too. No need to reinvent the wheel, let's just pick up where we left off and move there.

Thanks again!
Last edited by karyuudo on Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

seriesluvy

Postby seriesluvy » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:10 am

Oh... no... this is so depressing... this is the only BEST place I can easily download all my fav kdrama without so much hassle. This is so depressing.... Thank you VERY much to the person who created d-addicts and for those who uploaded and shared. This is really the BEST site to me...

Does anyone know where I can easily download the latest Kdrama? So far I've been googling it. I can't find a proper website that can let me download a full kdrama episode. Anyone know where I can find a direct link to dl kdrama for baros/with/limo without any hassle?

Please share with me. Many thanks in advance. I hope next time someone can create another site like d-addicts!

karyuudo

Postby karyuudo » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:37 am

Some Japanese sources here: http://doramacurry.blog.fc2.com/#container

zenith777

Postby zenith777 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:44 am

Tony09 wrote:...
I since I was a child, I always learned that even when it reaches the end of whatever may happen, we must work to create a new project.

Why not create a new website? If we want our passion for Japanese dramas continue, we need to create a new website, I think that among the many users sorry and sad for the closure there is someone who knows how to program a new website, and I also think that there are so many others that you can take care of maintenance of the sections of a new website dedicated to the drama ?? !!.

D-addicts although it remained open section torrent, has now become a website uncared for, we need a breakthrough, opening a new website we also vogliai fansubber to subtitle the new series of drama, another element fodamentale is that with the closure of d-addicts, most of the drama are loaded on to host sites, if one day are closed these sites in which are loaded (for example as a few years ago when it was closed megaupload), there will be more news of drama, so you have to create a new site where the drama can be uploaded to torrent.

At the beginning it can be difficult as a thing, but in life nothing is impossible, we try to save our biggest hobby, to see Japanese dramas.

Even if we want money initially, with a good number of donations we can reach the sum suits to go forward.

Creating a website that can would satisfy the needs of all, the Japanese dramas like those Koreans must be easily downloaded as you do on the internet with the American TV series.

strength and courage, we can do it.

Actually, I've been thinking about this for a while and some questions came up to me.
Is it okay to create a new website that's similar to d-addicts in terms of content and functionality?
I just imagined that most of d-addicts users will move to the new website?? Is this okay (to the d-addicts creator)?

I'd feel like stealing d-addicts users :pale:
Well, I'm a web developer graduated and in my point of view, website like d-addicts is not really complicated, but not easy either :unsure:

EDIT: Another thing that across my mind, how about just create a website to handle only torrent things (upload, download, magnet links, comments)... this will be easier I guess :roll
Something like Jdramacity but with user registrations :whistling:

tomzero

Postby tomzero » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:03 am

zenith777 wrote:Actually, I've been thinking about this for a while and some questions came up to me.
Is it okay to create a new website that's similar to d-addicts in terms of content and functionality?
I just imagined that most of d-addicts users will move to the new website?? Is this okay (to the d-addicts creator)?

I'd feel like stealing d-addicts users :pale:
Well, I'm a web developer graduated and in my point of view, website like d-addicts is not really complicated, but not easy either :unsure:

EDIT: Another thing that across my mind, how about just create a website to handle only torrent things (upload, download, magnet links, comments)... this will be easier I guess :roll
Something like Jdramacity but with user registrations :whistling:

i don't know any of the mods, but i would seriously doubt they would be against a similar site popping up. the problem would be avoiding whatever it was that led d-a to be shut down. Especially if it was a take down notice. Where the website is based would be very important.

i also know nothing about programming, but it seems like setting up and running a site like this would take a lot of time. not that i'd want to discourage anyone from trying.

Nquiz

Postby Nquiz » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:13 am

Like many others have already stated, this is sad news. I came across D-Addicts a few years ago for my J-Variety fix as many of the local Japanese video stores started shutting down. Thanks to the work of the few J-TV uploaders on D-A, I was able to get a hold of and watch my favourite shows, plus be introduced to some new shows that I would never of come across otherwise. I don't follow the dramas that much, but have come across some great series' through this site with the help of the simple posting system and synopses listed or linked.

A sincere thank you to the admin and everyone who took time to share their work and love of J-programming here.

tini

Postby tini » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:49 am

so sad news... this is the only place i can download 720p jdramas... but thanks for all the hard work...

Return to “D-Addicts Announcements”