Server maintenance and important updates

News, Updates and Information about this site.
This section is important, please read it for changes about the site!
waf
Administrator
Administrator

Server maintenance and important updates

Post by waf » Dec 15th, '13, 03:36

Starting from next year (Jan 1, 2014), the server will reboot once every month for updates. This will happen with an announcement in the "forum maintenance" sticky topic, but will most likely happen around the 14/15/16th of each month . This is to ensure all software and the kernel is up to date on the server (and smooth running of the server).

Obviously, this does not include reboots if the server crashes, website dies, etc.

waf
Administrator
Administrator

Post by waf » Jan 16th, '14, 06:53

Slight edit to the schedule. The date(s) will still be the same for the maintenance, but it will start from after we migrate to phpbb3. (which should hopefully be in the next couple months or so.)

waf
Administrator
Administrator

Post by waf » Dec 11th, '14, 08:12

I will be upgrading the server from phpBB2 to phpBB3 starting from December 25, 2014 to January 1, 2015. The forums will go into read-only mode starting at 12:00 AM UTC on December 25 and will stay in read-only mode until the migration is complete. (To reiterate, read-only means the site will remain fully accessible during that time, but you cannot create any new topics/posts/threads/etc. This is to keep the database in a consistent state when the migration is happening.)

The migration should not take the entire week, but the time is allocated in case the migration takes that long.

If there are any questions, please feel free to ask them in the phpBB3 thread.

waf
Administrator
Administrator

Post by waf » Dec 29th, '14, 23:52

As you can see, the forum is now running phpBB3. :)

I will now be updating the server every one or two months per the schedule that I defined a while ago (14-16th of the month). I will always post these maintenances on twitter.

waf
Administrator
Administrator

Post by waf » Dec 30th, '14, 00:00

The old forum will still be up for the time being until the new one is running how we expect it to. However, the old forum will be permanently be in read-only mode.

Please continue to post any comments, suggestions, etc. in the phpBB3 forum.

waf
Administrator
Administrator

Post by waf » Dec 30th, '14, 01:01

If any of you run into any issues and no one responds in the forums, please send an email to daadmin@googlegroups.com.

waf
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Server maintenance and updates

Post by waf » Dec 31st, '14, 01:24

The forum is now SSL by default.

waf
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Server maintenance and important updates

Post by waf » Jun 7th, '15, 13:28

for those of you that may have noticed, the fansub.d-addicts.com dns name has come back.

if you have the custom dns "hacks" that various members have told you to add to your computer, they will still work. however, it is recommended to remove them if you can (in case our server changes, etc.).

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Jun 23rd, '15, 17:36

waf wrote:for those of you that may have noticed, the fansub.d-addicts.com dns name has come back.

if you have the custom dns "hacks" that various members have told you to add to your computer, they will still work. however, it is recommended to remove them if you can (in case our server changes, etc.).
If I understand it right.

Is it to edit the hosts file?
Remove.

Code: Select all

46.165.216.86 fansub.d-addicts.com
that I added to it a while back. As it is now I'm getting Error 522: Connection timed out.

Edit
Can access the Wiki now, no changes made to hosts file.

waf
Administrator
Administrator

Post by waf » Jun 26th, '15, 04:58

Keiko1981 wrote:
waf wrote:for those of you that may have noticed, the fansub.d-addicts.com dns name has come back.

If I understand it right.

Is it to edit the hosts file?
Remove.

Code: Select all

46.165.216.86 fansub.d-addicts.com
that I added to it a while back. As it is now I'm getting Error 522: Connection timed out.

Edit
Can access the Wiki now, no changes made to hosts file.
removing that line is indeed correct.

the error 522 means that the connection from cloudflare to the d-addicts server times out. the server does get overwhelmed from time to time, so this could be expected. if the error happens very often, please let us know.

waf
Administrator
Administrator

Post by waf » May 3rd, '19, 03:10

because we do not maintain the server anymore, i am unsticky-ing this topic.