No Direct Download and Streaming Links for Dramas

News, Updates and Information about this site.
This section is important, please read it for changes about the site!
sammie1

Postby sammie1 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:11 pm

hi, can someone tell me if this is why the titles of winter melon and king of snooker all disappeared?

Thanks

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby aNToK » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:51 pm

sammie1 wrote:hi, can someone tell me if this is why the titles of winter melon and king of snooker all disappeared?

Thanks

Um.... You DID read the title of the thread, didn't you?
I am not obsessed. I am just very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very focussed...

lolzzz

Postby lolzzz » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:16 am

i bet 10000000 million dollars this site will die out cuz i kno everyone probably came to this site only for the DDL's and since they dont allow it anymore its gonna be DEAD

Puppet Princess

Postby Puppet Princess » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:21 am

lolzzz wrote:i bet 10000000 million dollars this site will die out cuz i kno everyone probably came to this site only for the DDL's and since they dont allow it anymore its gonna be DEAD

OMG... I can't breathe... laughing too hard....

groink

Postby groink » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:23 am

lolzzz wrote:i bet 10000000 million dollars this site will die out cuz i kno everyone probably came to this site only for the DDL's and since they dont allow it anymore its gonna be DEAD

You're assuming that Chinese dramas is more popular than Japanese and Korean put together! Well, I have some news for ya... Chinese/Hong Kong/Taiwanese dramas are at the BOTTOM of the Eastern Asian pile - with the Japanese and Korean dramas running over the C/H/T stuff. D-Addicts could actually completely shut down the C/H/T forums altogether, and it'll STILL have way more hits than many other sites. Also, D-Addicts has been running since 2003 - YEARS before the DDLs flooded this site.

--- groink
1. Always read FAQs for a given forum before posting.
2. Read the first few posts in a topic before posting.
3. Speak using complete English words.
4. The Internet is international. Respect regional and cultural values.

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby aNToK » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:31 am

More like lolzzz will die off without her ddl's. Picked the name right at least. I could laugh myself to sleep after that comment....
I am not obsessed. I am just very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very focussed...

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby lilswtangel » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:24 am

and I'll triple your bet that it won't.

obviously, you know nothing about D-A's statistics and traffic. DDL leechers were only a minute fraction of the people coming by here.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was mentioned before that the less people coming here, the less the server costs would be. I may be wrong on this but either way, D-Addicts will never go away base on the loss of DDLs alone.

AkumaX
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby AkumaX » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:30 pm

Guys, can't say that I'm not a little disappointed. We're supposed to be civil and tolerant of such members whom may feel confused or angry, and that they're being cheated out of something that is freely available everywhere all over the Internet. We're aiming for a forum with quality posts and meaningful discussion, aren't we?

Let's pretend none of that happened.. on with the show!

abcd99

Postby abcd99 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:01 pm

Maybe you should lock this thread. I think the thread has served its purpose and it's started to get trollish.

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby aNToK » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:26 pm

I WAS being civil and tolerant, to a point. But if someone starts acting flip, we should be able to respond as well. A little too quick on the censoring thing these days. Frankly, some of the not-so-nice posts serve as a deterrent to future similar ones. Simply locking the posts has served that purpose well in the past.

Howzabout one big sticky entitled "There will be no more direct downloads, period. No more discussion, sorry to whomever it displeases, but that's the way it is."

Locked, loaded, and finished. I don't particularly enjoy getting on people, but at the same time, some things do need to be addressed.

Besides, AkumaX, you have to admit that in general I've been much less on the attacking end and generally more patient and toned-down with members who show a certain.... lack of foresight in posting than before...

phalaenopsys

Postby phalaenopsys » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:03 pm

haha lol i didn't know there was threads about ddl on the chinese forum coz i watch only jdorama and i use patiently torrent in here coz i thought this site was about torrent and i respect that and i hate when people upload dorama on streaming site without permission. I do like watching on streaming or to download faster but if the rules for getting what i want for free are these I respect them and there's nothing to complain about.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby lilswtangel » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:32 pm

AkumaX wrote:Guys, can't say that I'm not a little disappointed. We're supposed to be civil and tolerant of such members whom may feel confused or angry, and that they're being cheated out of something that is freely available everywhere all over the Internet. We're aiming for a forum with quality posts and meaningful discussion, aren't we?

Let's pretend none of that happened.. on with the show!

It's one thing to be angry or confused, it's another to be spiteful. I can at least understand the anger and confusion and where they stem from but not the spite.

Let's not bite the hand that feeds you. Or in this case, "fed", since we no longer do the feeding. XD

We usually do proceed with decorum...really. :whistling:

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jholic » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:04 pm

Akuma, well said.

for the proponents of DDLs, we hope you can use DA to discuss your dramas while downloading them with DDL links located elsewhere.

for those of you who have been defending the decision to remove them, we appreciate it, but as Akuma mentioned, we'd like to keep it as civil as possible.

much thanks for your cooperation in this matter.
Use THUMBS UP/DOWN buttons to KEEP or DELETE posts.
If you see SPAM or ABUSE, use the REPORT button.

Saragorn
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby Saragorn » Tue May 05, 2009 9:46 pm

Wow, I never knew the Chinese drama section was so different from the rest of the site. Never set foot there. :fear:

Serves me right for not reading announcements. XD
Av - mitani; Banner - heechul_oppa

Yimwah

Postby Yimwah » Thu May 07, 2009 4:08 pm

NOOOOO WAAAAAAAAAAY =|

kelly24

Postby kelly24 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:33 pm

Hi could someone recommend me any DL sites for TVB and Taiwan dramas please?

zmrzmrzm

Re: No Direct Download and Streaming Links for Dramas

Postby zmrzmrzm » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:14 am

thank you

Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: No Direct Download and Streaming Links for Dramas

Postby Keiko1981 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:44 am

zmrzmrzm wrote:thank you

Look here

Return to “D-Addicts Announcements”