Looking for volunteers for transcribing some old dramas.

Discuss fansubbing issues, problems, or learn how to create fansubs.
melica37

Postby melica37 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:06 pm

I am willing to work on Mukodono! So sign me up. Thanks for organizing all of this. :salut:

jendral_hxr

Postby jendral_hxr » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:43 am

I am willing to take Hikon Kazoku /Unmarried Family and Suiyoubi no Jouji / A Wednesday Love Affair. Can I have Hikon Kazoku hardsubbed vcds?

Avallac'h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby Avallac'h » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:41 am

Main post updated.
Five more titles was added:
Kira Kira Hikaru
Chance!
Mukashi no Otoko
Shumatsukon
Hanamura Daisuke
Last edited by Avallac'h on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Looking for volunteers, who want to transcribe subtitles for some old dramas. (Yonigeya Honpo, Sweet Home and others)
More details here.
My uploads.
Crowdfunding project to get old doramas

isabelh2o2
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby isabelh2o2 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:05 pm

I'd like to do Kira Kira Hikaru (been waiting years to watch it), but it depends on replacing the raw files I lost in a recent hard drive crash. Trying to download, starting now.

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby k361 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:26 pm

isabelh2o2 wrote:I'd like to do Kira Kira Hikaru (been waiting years to watch it), but it depends on replacing the raw files I lost in a recent hard drive crash. Trying to download, starting now.
Thank you for starting this project.
Did you complete the download of the raws?
Please share your files after download. Thank you.
Behind every peer is a drama fan

isabelh2o2
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby isabelh2o2 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:12 pm

Episodes 1-9 are complete, 10 is downloading, haven't started on the specials yet -- don't know if the specials are part of the vhs package, though. Nice clear subs on the vhs rips, so it should go fairly quickly.

Avallac'h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby Avallac'h » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:43 am

isabelh2o2 wrote: don't know if the specials are part of the vhs package

Unfortunately, there's no subbed rips for specals.
Looking for volunteers, who want to transcribe subtitles for some old dramas. (Yonigeya Honpo, Sweet Home and others)
More details here.
My uploads.

dorawan89

Postby dorawan89 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:16 pm

i think i do have VCD copy for Kabachitare, if anyone interested to develop subs out of it.

awesome show tho. its a shame that no one sub the series fully.
i'm willing to share the AVSEQ files over torrent if anyone interested to transcribe.

oh wait. i need to check wheather the subs in english or malay

billano79

Postby billano79 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:32 am

can any body tell me where can I find Rinjin wa Hisoka ni warau english subs ?

isabelh2o2
Fansubber
Fansubber

seeking help with Kira Kira Hikaru unsubbed scenes

Postby isabelh2o2 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:03 pm

I am transcribing the English subbed VHS episodes of Kira Kira Hikaru, but in the first 2 episodes there are scenes ranging from 20 seconds to 3+ minutes that were not included in the broadcast version. Is there someone who could translate those scenes (by ear, no Japanese subs available)? Episode 3 is complete, and I've just started episode 4 and hoping for the best. Reply here or by PM, and I'll send the information. Thanks!

zorkaz

Postby zorkaz » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:01 pm

I would like to work on "Oregon Kara Ai". :-) Could I get the hardsubbed versions please?

mikilove13
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby mikilove13 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:26 am

Anyone doing Manatsu no Merry Christmas?
Last edited by mikilove13 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Avallac'h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby Avallac'h » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:12 am

mikilove13 wrote:Anyway doing Manatsu no Merry Christmas?

Nobody has showed interest yet.
More details here.
My uploads.

mikilove13
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby mikilove13 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:23 am

I'll do it if you still have the files.

Avallac'h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby Avallac'h » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:32 am

mikilove13 wrote:I'll do it if you still have the files.

Great!
I'll send you hadrsubbed files soon.
More details here.
My uploads.

tiger457

Postby tiger457 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:24 am

I already ripped the hard subs for Hyakunen no Mogonatari episodes 1 and 2 and sync the srt file to the 720P version. But I don't know how to post them.

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby k361 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:50 am

tiger457 wrote:I already ripped the hard subs for Hyakunen no Mogonatari episodes 1 and 2 and sync the srt file to the 720P version. But I don't know how to post them.

1) go to the subtitle forum http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewforum_13.htm
2) start "new topic"
3) write in the subject name the drama and the language, in your case like Hyakunen no Mogonatari SP [Eng Subs] (2 of 3)
4) write in the body about the subs (synced for what files. who translate/edited/helped), greetings or link to the raw, wiki, drama infos, your home page. Write what ever you like :)
5) click in filename field by 'add attachment' and link to your local subfile (it will be uploaded to d-a), you can write a attachment comment if you like (version, release date, ...)

for update of the subs (new episodes, new info, reedit), just edit the first post in your thread.

y0ssy

Postby y0ssy » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:04 am

Avallac'h wrote:RetroHelix said on previous page that he will do Itsumo Futari de.
But there is no news from him since May 8.

Is RetroHelix taking on Itsumo Futari De?

I would like to transcribe this drama... please let me know.

Thanks. :-)

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby k361 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:21 am

I get the subs from RetroHelix and make the reedit and timing for Itsumo Futari De
since february I stuck at ep2, I should invest some weekends

RetroHelix

Postby RetroHelix » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:32 am

If y0ssy is desperate to do the job, you could join forces to half the work maybe.

EDIT: Not desperate. I meant something like devoted. English...
Last edited by RetroHelix on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

y0ssy

Postby y0ssy » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:01 am

RetroHelix wrote:If y0ssy is desprate to do the job, you could join forces to half the work maybe.

I was thinking about the same thing too :-) That is, if k361 is alright with it.

But I am not exactly desperate... :lol

I have the JEM files already, so feel free to PM me anytime.

I wonder if Avallac'h have Over Time? I can work on that too. :D

y0ssy

Postby y0ssy » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:34 pm

Just to update.... k361 have PM me.

Meanwhile, I am waiting for the files which RetroHelix have sent to k361 earlier.

Also k361 is working on episode 2, besides editing and filling in some missing lines as well as re-timing the subs, i think it may take some while.... anyway, there's no hurry, right.

When i have the files later from k361, i can continue from episode 3 onwards. :-)

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby k361 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:31 pm

y0ssy wrote:When i have the files later from k361, i can continue from episode 3 onwards. :-)

I forgot to sent it yesterday.
Will sent you now. :)

tiger457

Postby tiger457 » Wed May 01, 2013 7:34 am

To Avallac'h
Am posting the srt eng for your Yoshitsune DVD rip....thanks a lot for the excellent RAW video. If you have HD version of Komyo ga Tsuji would appreciate you loading those.

Avallac'h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby Avallac'h » Fri May 03, 2013 5:09 am

tiger457, thank you very much for another great project!

I do not have Komyo Ga Tsuji in HD.
Only this DVDRip that I uploaded 2 years ago - http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_98298.htm
More details here.
My uploads.

j3j3j3j3

Postby j3j3j3j3 » Sun May 19, 2013 12:54 am

RetroHelix wrote:Ill do Itsumo Futari de / Always the Two of Us. :salut:

Thanks for the rips :)

When?

Thanks in advance.

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby k361 » Sun May 19, 2013 4:51 pm

j3j3j3j3 wrote:When?

Thanks in advance.

Info about Itsumo Futari de / Always the Two

y0ssy correct/improve the transcribs done by RetroHelix.
I will retime to DVDrip

DragonSpikeXIII

Postby DragonSpikeXIII » Sun May 19, 2013 5:18 pm

k361 wrote:
j3j3j3j3 wrote:When?

Thanks in advance.

Info about Itsumo Futari de / Always the Two

y0ssy correct/improve the transcribs done by RetroHelix.
I will retime to DVDrip

Great news, thx for th heads up!

y0ssy

Postby y0ssy » Mon May 20, 2013 3:11 pm

Just to update...

Ep.01 (RetroHelix) 837 lines transcribe
Ep.01 (yossy) 50-60% lines amendment and k361 shall time it to the DVDrip

Ep.02 (RetroHelix) 438 lines transcribe and some missing lines
Ep.02 (y0ssy) 522 lines transcribe and amendment in progress about 50%

There are a lot of mistakes with the English hard-subs in the JEM files such as the wrong names for people and places as well as inconsistency in the flashback scenes and some of the translation is not quite accurate. :O It is the first time that I have come across such terribly translated English hard-subs that requires almost 50% amendment. :crazy: So, please be patient with us as we are doing our best to re-produce better soft subs. :-)

RetroHelix

Postby RetroHelix » Mon May 20, 2013 5:05 pm

y0ssy wrote:Just to update...

Ep.01 (RetroHelix) 837 lines transcribe
Ep.01 (yossy) 50-60% lines amendment and k361 shall time it to the DVDrip

Ep.02 (RetroHelix) 438 lines transcribe and some missing lines
Ep.02 (y0ssy) 522 lines transcribe and amendment in progress about 50%

There are a lot of mistakes with the English hard-subs in the JEM files such as the wrong names for people and places as well as inconsistency in the flashback scenes and some of the translation is not quite accurate. :O It is the first time that I have come across such terribly translated English hard-subs that requires almost 50% amendment. :crazy: So, please be patient with us as we are doing our best to re-produce better soft subs. :-)

While transcribing I found many flaws in the translation and in the English spelling but since English is not my native language I was going with just transcribing everything. Thank you for polishing this up to a quality subtitle. Since so many lines had to bee added altered you have a though job at timing too.
Wish you both good luck with this.

y0ssy

Postby y0ssy » Tue May 21, 2013 2:03 pm

RetroHelix wrote:While transcribing I found many flaws in the translation and in the English spelling but since English is not my native language I was going with just transcribing everything. Thank you for polishing this up to a quality subtitle. Since so many lines had to bee added altered you have a though job at timing too.
Wish you both good luck with this.

I'm glad that you also share the same sentiment about the translated subs for this drama. Without your initial transcribe with timing, I'll probably give-up on this drama. Thank you for making the srt files! :-) The other episodes have an average of about 450 lines, but Ep.08 have 109 lines transcribe until 12:59 minutes. Is there any chance that you can help to extract the rest of the timing for this episode only?

By the way it seems that someone over at dramacrazy also finds the English hard-subs (JEM files) horrible for the 100 Tales of Horror. :w00t:

9w2whi

Postby 9w2whi » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:54 am

ganbare minna.... all i can do is cheering for all of your hardworks. i'm 1 of old series fan. cann't really help any at the moment. maybe i can help with spreading the old series using direct link (not here, cause if i remember correctly, here just allowed torrent). i will look around more and seek more info...

Avallac'h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby Avallac'h » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:43 am

Two new titles was added:
Bijo ka Yajuu
PU-PU-PU-
More details here.
My uploads.

kimutaku144

Postby kimutaku144 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:40 am

I like to help with softsubbing PuPuPu... since I already got the TV rips I supposed I can start doing this after I got the DVD version

Few questions though, is there any deadline of when to put the softsubs? also what is the most practical way of taking the sub from the tvrip and make it to .srt? or do I have to re-type and re-time all the lines in aegisubs?

yoroshiku!

Murai82

Postby Murai82 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:32 pm

I'd like to work on Bijo Ka Yajuu, Avallac'h! In fact I already ripped the subs of the first 6 episodes quite long ago from Jem's hardsubs, but I never posted them!
As soon as I finish downloading the new dvdrip raws, I'll work on it!
How should we proceed? Should I open a topic for the subs or you can do it for me?

DragonSpikeXIII

Postby DragonSpikeXIII » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:50 pm

Guys, I was wondering if anyone has seen DVD rips for Over Time anywhere? There's old TV rips from NGN (or was it KIKU-TV?...) but those are really low quality and the dorama is so good... it would be a shame not to have DVD quality rips with soft-subs.

takeda_shingen

Postby takeda_shingen » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:35 pm

Murai82 wrote:I'd like to work on Bijo Ka Yajuu, Avallac'h! In fact I already ripped the subs of the first 6 episodes quite long ago from Jem's hardsubs, but I never posted them!
How should we proceed? Should I open a topic for the subs or you can do it for me?
I'm in the process of retiming the raw Japanese subs for Bijo Ka Yajuu. I'd usually post them after finishing, but I can do it piecemeal if that'd be helpful.

Avallac'h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby Avallac'h » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:22 am

Murai82 wrote:I'd like to work on Bijo Ka Yajuu, Avallac'h! In fact I already ripped the subs of the first 6 episodes quite long ago from Jem's hardsubs, but I never posted them!

Excellent news!
It's your project. I've only uploaded RAWs. :-) So, I think it's better to create your own topic.

DragonSpikeXIII wrote:Guys, I was wondering if anyone has seen DVD rips for Over Time anywhere? There's old TV rips from NGN (or was it KIKU-TV?...) but those are really low quality and the dorama is so good... it would be a shame not to have DVD quality rips with soft-subs.

I have DVDrip. But only first six episodes. :-(
[spoiler]ImageImage
ImageImage[/spoiler]
I hope I will complete it someday.
More details here.
My uploads.

y0ssy

Postby y0ssy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:13 am

Avallac'h wrote:
DragonSpikeXIII wrote:Guys, I was wondering if anyone has seen DVD rips for Over Time anywhere? There's old TV rips from NGN (or was it KIKU-TV?...) but those are really low quality and the dorama is so good... it would be a shame not to have DVD quality rips with soft-subs.

@ Avallac'h
I can get this series at the store, maybe send it to you later. Sometime in the middle of next month. 8) I thought you have the whole set already since it wasn't on the wishlist. :P (P.S. I don't think others will fancy my DVDrips in AVI).

y0ssy

Postby y0ssy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:45 am

kimutaku144 wrote: Few questions though, is there any deadline of when to put the softsubs?

To be honest, I don't think there is any clear answer to the deadline. When I started to take on Itsumo-Futari-De, I thought it was a simple task of just re-timing and typing the text from the screen into Aegisub. Usually, it takes about 3-4 hours per episode for me (unless there are intensive dialogue, maybe 1-2 hours more).

However, I found so many terrible mistakes with the hard-subs. And I think it depends on the transcriber, whether they have the knowledge of the Japanese and/or English language to amend those lines with errors. So, the real question is not about when or how fast the soft-subs can be produced.

kimutaku144 wrote: also what is the most practical way of taking the sub from the tvrip and make it to .srt?

For hard-subs, Video SubFinder is pretty good for extraction with time codes. I think RetroHelix had post some links to the tutorials on d-addicts before.

kimutaku144 wrote: or do I have to re-type and re-time all the lines in aegisubs?

Yes, you will have to type in all the lines from the hard-subs. If it does not have any time-codes, you will have to create it as well.

On a side note, I'll like to apologize to RetroHelix, k361 and others for putting Itsumo-Futari-De on hold for many weeks without notifying them. m(_ _)m
I was attracted to the Red Moon and couldn't resist the temptation! :lol And I'll be busy with some moving, so please bear with me for the time-being. :-)

Murai82

Postby Murai82 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:01 am

Avallac'h wrote:

Excellent news!
It's your project. I've only uploaded RAWs. :-) So, I think it's better to create your own topic.

[spoiler]ImageImage
ImageImage[/spoiler]

Thanks a lot! I'll open a topic about it, then! ;)
Takeda_shingen, thanks a lot! the japanese subs will be very helpful, since Jem rips had some cuts here and there for the television format, I think! ;) If you could post them piecemeal i could better check the translation episode per episode.

Murai82

Postby Murai82 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:20 am

On a side note, Avallac'h, I obtained jem rips for waterboys season 1 too and started ripping subs from them (I already have HQ raws for it)
Maybe it's a bit too much working on 2 project at a time, but I was thinking that someone could help me... I could provide eng subs and clean them a bit, and someone else could do the rest of the work.

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby k361 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:52 pm

Thank you for the stauts, y0ssy
I know to sub/transcribe need much time.

DragonSpikeXIII

Postby DragonSpikeXIII » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:59 pm

Thank you for news on the Over Time DVDRips, looking forward to a future release!

takeda_shingen

Postby takeda_shingen » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:04 pm

Murai82 wrote:Takeda_shingen, thanks a lot! the japanese subs will be very helpful, since Jem rips had some cuts here and there for the television format, I think! ;) If you could post them piecemeal i could better check the translation episode per episode.
Here you are: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_136595.htm
The first three at least also have some cuts, don't know if they're the same though.

Murai82

Postby Murai82 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:03 am

takeda_shingen wrote:
Murai82 wrote:Takeda_shingen, thanks a lot! the japanese subs will be very helpful, since Jem rips had some cuts here and there for the television format, I think! ;) If you could post them piecemeal i could better check the translation episode per episode.
Here you are: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_136595.htm
The first three at least also have some cuts, don't know if they're the same though.

Thanks a lot! I will check them, there are some mistranslated parts in NGN translations, these are going to be helpful!

RetroHelix

Postby RetroHelix » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:41 pm

y0ssy wrote:On a side note, I'll like to apologize to RetroHelix, k361 and others for putting Itsumo-Futari-De on hold for many weeks without notifying them. m(_ _)m
I was attracted to the Red Moon and couldn't resist the temptation! :lol And I'll be busy with some moving, so please bear with me for the time-being. :-)

There really is no need to apologize imo. Just finish it someday or... not :lol

Murai82

Postby Murai82 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:09 am

Started with Bijo Ka Yajuu!
Here's the topic link.
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... 46#1602846

y0ssy

Postby y0ssy » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:06 am

RetroHelix wrote:There really is no need to apologize imo. Just finish it someday or... not :lol

You bet, I will finish it someday. :P I like the Daikan-yama mansion and Mizuho's pyjama pants. :wub:

I am sending the Overtime files to Avallac'h this week. I shall continue with transcribing and fixing the subs for Itsumo-futari-de next week. :-)

I see that you're looking for Kaza-Hana in another thread... If you wish, I can send you the Kaza-Hana files later?? But, that would mean the transcribing have to be put on hold as my PC have limited capacity to handle huge files.

Avallac'h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby Avallac'h » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:55 am

RAW for Over Time uploaded.
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_138620.htm
Big thanks to y0ssy who made that possible!
Let's hope someone will pick up this project soon.
More details here.
My uploads.

jasminee

Postby jasminee » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:04 pm

subie06
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby subie06 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:13 pm

Over Time, one of my favorite old series. I can take this as a side project if no one else is working on it since I already have the hard-subbed version.

Avallac'h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby Avallac'h » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:23 am

Great news, subie06!
This one of my favorites, too.

Fuufu and Lipstick was added recently.
And I hope you all noticed Rasen with English subtitles..
It's all by courtesy of winterx, who provided me with a lot of rare dramas from his collection.
More interesting titles will coming soon. 8)
Last edited by Avallac'h on Wed May 06, 2015 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
More details here.
My uploads.

Avallac'h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby Avallac'h » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:46 am

Today is a good day for Fukuyama Masaharu's fans! :-)
I just uploaded his three earlier doramas.
And most importantly harsubbed rips exist for all of them.
I'd like to thank winterx again for his generous gift.
Last edited by Avallac'h on Wed May 06, 2015 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
More details here.
My uploads.

salparadise

Postby salparadise » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:01 am

Great work as usual Avallac'h!!

DragonSpikeXIII

Postby DragonSpikeXIII » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:34 am

Great news once more, all dramas from the golden age!

Koreafan

Postby Koreafan » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:55 am

Hello, everyone!

No matter how hard I look, no one do any translation of title Queen Insoo drama in English... :( Can I hope, will be ever english translation for this drama?
If anyone know where can I find the subtitles, please write me a message! :) :wub:

Thanks in advance!

zorkaz

Postby zorkaz » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:06 am

Yes you can hope, but this is the wrong thread.

y0ssy

Postby y0ssy » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:58 am

Koreafan wrote:Hello, everyone!

No matter how hard I look, no one do any translation of title Queen Insoo drama in English... :( Can I hope, will be ever english translation for this drama?
If anyone know where can I find the subtitles, please write me a message! :) :wub:

Thanks in advance!

There are English-subs until episode 18, but it was dropped. You may try Viki but this drama can be view by certain countries only.

y0ssy

Postby y0ssy » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:33 am

RetroHelix wrote:There really is no need to apologize imo. Just finish it someday or... not :lol

【Bad News】 I am really sorry I won't be able to transcribe Itsumo-Futari-De. :cry:
If there is anyone else who would like to take-over this series......
I can send the RAW files and RetroHelix partially-transcribed subtitles with time-codes, please feel free to PM me anytime.

★Good News★
Recently, I went overboard and got too many DVDs! And I will be busy getting those nice and good oldies to Avallac'h
:D

Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Keiko1981 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:46 pm

y0ssy wrote:

【Bad News】 I am really sorry I won't be able to transcribe Itsumo-Futari-De. :cry:
I can send the RAW files and RetroHelix partially-transcribed subtitles with time-codes, please feel free to PM me anytime.

★Good News★
Recently, I went overboard and got too many DVDs! And I will be busy getting those nice and good oldies to Avallac'h
:D

Have enough work right now.
And much :wub: to you for the coming oldies. :)
Gifted Ones | Twitter | UL @ Nyaa | MyDramaList.com
Subbing: Innocent Days, Inochi, Kamisama..., Oshin, Seoul 1945
Where to find dramas & subtitles

RetroHelix

Postby RetroHelix » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:39 pm

y0ssy wrote:

:cry:
Could you give a roughly approximation of what has been done? Or what is left to do? I know I transcribed quite much but missed some lines. There were also some dialogs that were not subbed at all. Oh, and some translations were quite bad in the original too.
Ahrg, thinking about it, it would be best to have someone taking on the job who's at least a natural English speaker :roll
I hope you make it up with some nice oldies :D

y0ssy

Postby y0ssy » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:08 am

Keiko1981 wrote:Have enough work right now.
And much :wub: to you for the coming oldies. :)

I think you deserve an excellent award for transcribing a lot of series. :thumright:
And Avallac'h have good taste in his oldies selection. :-)

y0ssy

Postby y0ssy » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:41 am

RetroHelix wrote: Could you give a roughly approximation of what has been done? Or what is left to do?

I did not make much progress as I was moving, and my study room has been left unpacked for weeks. :pale:
Anyway, I have sent two of the files to Avallac'h. :-)
[EDIT: And the transcribed files as well. It will be great if this series can be pick up by others. ]

RetroHelix wrote: I know I transcribed quite much but missed some lines. There were also some dialogs that were not subbed at all. Oh, and some translations were quite bad in the original too.
Ahrg, thinking about it, it would be best to have someone taking on the job who's at least a natural English speaker :roll

Leaving aside some of the translation-errors and spelling/grammar mistakes, it may be better to have a native (English) speaker, but it is really not essential for the transcribing task, in my opinion. I think Avallac'h puts it better (than me) in words:
There is always lack of fansubbers. But anyone can do the transcribing.
But many people think it's very difficult.

Personally, I would rather spend my time translating some SP dramas or old movies since there aren't many who can work on translation.
Also, I enjoy translating more than editing/proofreading/transcribing.... Hopefully, you can understand the situation.
[EDIT: Add link to SP dramas. ]

RetroHelix wrote: I hope you make it up with some nice oldies :D

The nice oldies are mostly Avallac'h selection. :lol
Just my way of saying many kudos and great thanks to him for his wonderful efforts in bringing back the good old times and sharing with us :thumleft:

Avallac'h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby Avallac'h » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:45 am

Update.
xaxa uploaded recently raws for another classic dorama - Cheap Love
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_141495.htm

Hardsubbed rip by A.D. Clan exist for this dorama.
[spoiler]ImageImage
ImageImage[/spoiler]
This is fansubs.
So, it would be right to ask their permission at first.
But considering the fact it was uploaded almost ten years ago I think it's impossible.
Let's hope someone will pick up this project.
More details here.
My uploads.

kliesen11

Postby kliesen11 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:22 pm

I'm working on Sayonara, Ozu Sensei. You can find the subs here http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_142669.htm

Sorvaseven

Postby Sorvaseven » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:26 am

Thank you kliesen11 for completing Sayonara, Ozu Sensei !!!! Avallac'h can update the list :-)

Pantheria

Postby Pantheria » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:16 pm

Thank you for this project. It's great to resurrect older Dramas.

I hope someone does Waterboys & Neverland one day. I tried to watch both of those once but the quality was just too terrible so I gave up. :)

Avallac'h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby Avallac'h » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:22 am

More than two years have passed since I started this page.
Back then I looked volunteers for 4 dramas only and didn't expect this will grow in such a big project.
Now I think it's time to clean up some inactive projects and try to find other caretakers for them.
I realize that everyone working in their own pace.
And there were examples when people returned to work after long pause.
But this projects wasn't updated for a long time and people didn't appeared on d-addicts.
I PMed to all of them in Dec 12, 2013. And still didn't received an answer.
Now I consider this projects as dropped.

Salaryman Kintaro Season 1
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_112263.htm
8 episodes is done.
3 episodes left.
Last update: May 14, 2013
Last visit of arcticmoonrise: Aug 22, 2013

Shomuni Season 1
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_116479.htm
10 episodes is done.
2 episodes left.
Last update: Apr 03, 2013
Last visit of mtwini09: Sep 01, 2013

Ruten no Ouhi - Saigo no Koutei / Princess Hiro
No progress for two years.
Last visit of seirin: Jun 16, 2013

Otousan
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_111399.htm
1 episode is done.
10 episodes left.
Last update: May 26, 2012
dharma1982 regularly appeared on d-addicts.
But he didn't answerd about project status in his topic.
And he ignored my PM (read but not answered) about status of this project.

Hitotsu Yane no Shita / Under the Same Roof (Season 2)
TragicKingdom claimed that he worked on transcribing in Sep 13, 2011.
No updates since that time.
No info about his last visit. His last post was Sep 19, 2011.
Since I do not have the rips and can't give this project to another person, this project deleted from the list.
More details here.
My uploads.

y0ssy

Postby y0ssy » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:09 am

Avallac'h, Thank you for the update. I really admire your patience and working quietly without whining, hardly complaining at all, even when some of them have taken you for granted by giving false, empty promises just so that they can get the raws, tv-rips files from you.

Give them the benefit of the doubt and it is possible that some of them may have lost interest at some point and gave up on the transcribing project but don't have the courtesy or are ashamed and lack the guts to inform you about it.

OR something terrible had happened such as computer break down, blackouts, power outages, traffic accidents, earthquakes or other natural disasters, missing in action or dead somewhere.....

HOWEVER, I will take "mental" note of member like this.
dharma1982 regularly appeared on d-addicts.
But he didn't answerd about project status in his topic.
And he ignored my PM (read but not answered) about status of this project.

RetroHelix

Postby RetroHelix » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:30 pm

Avallac'h wrote:And there were examples when people returned to work after long pause.

:roll
Avallac'h wrote:Hitotsu Yane no Shita / Under the Same Roof (Season 2)
Since I do not have the rips and can't give this project to another person, this project deleted from the list.

:cry:

Time really passes fast...
Who knows what came up in real life but in any case a short message would have been nice.

y0ssy

Postby y0ssy » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:03 pm

RetroHelix wrote:
Avallac'h wrote:And there were examples when people returned to work after long pause.
:roll
Hahaha, why are you rolling your eyes now? Pray tell about it either here or privately.:lol

Avallac'h wrote:Hitotsu Yane no Shita / Under the Same Roof (Season 2)
Since I do not have the rips and can't give this project to another person, this project deleted from the list. :cry:

Time really passes fast...
Who knows what came up in real life but in any case a short message would have been nice.
I cannot agree more with you, time flies indeed. It would be great if there is a sign of short message in the near future from TragicKingdom. However, looking at the post-date @ 9/11 "tragic" and the posting dates Sep 13 - Sep 19 (6 days apart), doesn't it say something to you?

tiger457

Postby tiger457 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:39 pm

Avallac'h
where is this link again for yae episode 50??? you said in your outbox.. where is that?? tiger457

Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Keiko1981 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:10 pm

tiger457 wrote:Avallac'h
where is this link again for yae episode 50??? you said in your outbox.. where is that?? tiger457

Try looking in your PM Inbox.

Look at the top of any page at D-A, where it says.

HOME - DRAMAS - WIKI - STATS - FAQ (HELP) - SEARCH - GROUPS - PROFILE -> Look the the right of here. There's the link to your PM inbox.

If a message hasn't been read by the recipient, it will be located in the senders Outbox.

Under PROFILE, you can change so you get an e-mail notification whenever someone PM you.
Look under "PROFILE" -> "Profile" tab -> Look to the left under "Profile settings" and "Notification".
There you can change so you get e-mail notifications whenever someone PM you or answers a thread you've posted in.
Gifted Ones | Twitter | UL @ Nyaa | MyDramaList.com
Subbing: Innocent Days, Inochi, Kamisama..., Oshin, Seoul 1945
Where to find dramas & subtitles

Avallac'h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby Avallac'h » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:40 am

Thanks for the such full explanation, Keiko. :)
More details here.
My uploads.