One Fansub Group = One Thread (PLEASE READ!)

Discuss fansubbing issues, problems, or learn how to create fansubs.
habukie
AiRen
AiRen

One Fansub Group = One Thread (PLEASE READ!)

Postby habukie » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:23 pm

Lately, as more and more series are being subbed due to the increasing number of sub groups, the mods have noticed that there have also been more and more threads created asking for help. While the fansubbing forum exists to help subbers, there is really no need to create a new thread for every new series. Some fansub groups now have 5+ threads, all asking for help in various aspects. We've decided to simplify the forum. What it boils down to is that we're asking each fansub group to have one thread only. The first post as well as the thread title can be edited as needed to reflect recruitment or other help wanted.

There are two options:
1. All the threads for a sub group can be merged together. (Please note this means that the thread that you end up with will have posts in chronological order, not necessarily ordered by the previous threads.)
2. All existing threads can be locked and a new thread started. That will now be the official thread for the sub group.

Please make a decision as to which option your group prefers and either post in this thread or PM me. If I do not receive a response by June 30th (that gives everyone 2 weeks), I will go ahead and lock all the threads for that group. It may sound harsh, but if you don't care enough to check your threads at least once in two weeks, do you really need all those threads? :roll I do realize that it's summer time and some people might be on vacation or breaks, so if that is the case with the coordinator of your group, just let me know and we'll figure something out. Obviously, groups with only one thread will not be affected. Thanks for your cooperation!

ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ironicwave » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:06 pm

going to clean up the fansubbing forum a bit...
please have actual group thread topics in this format:
[Fansub Group] Topic Title
and make sure you have a separate recruit thread in the recruit subforum if you're looking for help, thanks... :-)
___________________SARS-Fansubs______________________________________________________