[B.O.N F u n S u b s©] Band Of Nuts F u n S u b s

Discuss fansubbing issues, problems, or learn how to create fansubs.
scarlett0512
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby scarlett0512 » Fri May 25, 2007 8:49 am

Seghal wrote:
scarlett0512 wrote:It seems that some individuals have a problem with the way that our team is organized, run, and operates. We are always welcome to suggestions on how we can improve ourselves. Our team is made up of good people and we always want to do the best that we can. If you would like to suggest ways that we can improve, please send us a PM. Thank you!!!

The point that's been critisised is not your early claiming of dramas but your intention of getting exclusive rights by doing so (which has been admitted by members of your group several times).
Of course it would be more effective to do a joint venture, but everyone is free to do it on their own as long as he / she / they follow the rule of starting from the begining.

Keep up your good work and please do think about improving on your way of dealing with your competitors

I think that you're looking at this from the wrong angle. We're not playing a game of Monopoly. Our team usually releases both soft and hard subs for each of our projects, unless we announce otherwise. It seems that you're reading between the lines of the comments that some other BON members have made. Many believe that one drama shouldn't be subbed by two teams. They believe that it's useless to sub a drama done by another team, because it's better to spread out the teams so that more dramas are actually subbed. That's what I believe my team members are trying to say. However, our team does not prevent another team or individual from subbing what they want. They can do what they are interested in. We don't see other groups as competitors. We're all here for the same reason. To sub and to have fun.

Seghal

Postby Seghal » Fri May 25, 2007 9:01 am

Hoshiakari wrote:Several times? O: Quotes, please.

Hana Kimi Thread:
mangosteen wrote:It's not a rule that everyone has to obey, but out of respect, if someone said he/she would sub a drama I want to sub, I'd drop it. I think it's fair enough and I wouldn't want to waste my time on subbing a drama that someone already claimed.

mangosteen wrote:I respect Kai200X's good intention in subbing this drama, but all I want to say is please do respect us as well.

This does not mean that multiple groups can't work on the same project. But to avoid potentially messy conflicts, always check other groups' project lists first. If another group is already working on a project you are interested in, there is still the option of collaborating together to work on a series or even multiple version releases on this tracker, but only as long as all parties involved agree to it. (Note: this mostly applies to hardsubbed releases only).

Overall, if your group is planning on starting a project, remember to make a formal announcement of your intentions someplace. Besides your group's own website, the Fansubber forum here is also a good place for broadcasting these things

Quote's from HOW TO BE A GOOD FANSUBBER http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_23775.htm

Also, if this map is meaningless, why does it even exist in the first place? http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Jdrama_Fans ... ummer_2007

In the Fansubber forum, we also announced it http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_44266_180.htm

chunu wrote:for me personnally I don't think it's unfair. we all did a search for all our projects
and made sure no other team announce it yet. any team can search themselves
and announce about a project that they want to work on.

for our team ( BON ) .. these are the 2 jdrama we'll be doing this summer.
and we DID announce it on DA, BON Wiki Page AND JDrama WIki Page :D

Hoshiakari wrote:And regarding "hogging dramas", other groups are welcome to talk to us if they want to do a co-project or sub it themselves. No one's emailed us yet, OR protested in any way. We're not stopping them from doing the drama :3 We actually took a while deciding and waiting to see whether anyone was going to claim it. And besides, why the fuss? We're all working for the same goal: bringing english subs to the fans. That's it. It doesn't matter which group is going to do it.

Legend of the Condor Heroes Thread:

Xi@h wrote:
ethidda wrote:Fansubbing is supposed to be fun. Don't ruin that.

Not just to continue the flaming, but I think that we need to clarify some points here.

I want to point it out that unfortunately that's not the case. There're always a few people around to screw the fansubbers happy mood.

And as far as I am aware, no one contacted us to collaborate on LOCH 2007. Normally, when a team claims a drama, the other team which are interested in doing the same drama should contact the 1st team and get some compromises. But that was not the case. No one did contact us. Moreover, it surprises me that some others mentioned that collaborating with BON would not work out.

However, our team has decided that we would release LOCH 2007 even if Jian Hu or whatever team decides to work on the same drama. We have enough man power and our staffs are dedicated/committed and best of all professional with values. Each staffs at BON are HIGHLY valuable.

We wishes Jian Hu the best of all luck with LOCH 2007!

BON Team, we LOVE YOU!!!

Sometimes you have to read the meta context.

Seghal

Postby Seghal » Fri May 25, 2007 9:06 am

scarlett0512 wrote:I think that you're looking at this from the wrong angle. We're not playing a game of Monopoly. Our team usually releases both soft and hard subs for each of our projects, unless we announce otherwise. It seems that you're reading between the lines of the comments that some other BON members have made. Many believe that one drama shouldn't be subbed by two teams. They believe that it's useless to sub a drama done by another team, because it's better to spread out the teams so that more dramas are actually subbed. That's what I believe my team members are trying to say. However, our team does not prevent another team or individual from subbing what they want. They can do what they are interested in. We don't see other groups as competitors. We're all here for the same reason. To sub and to have fun.

Then they should communicate their thoughts in another way. Instead of getting mad in a thread they should have contacted the other party by pm. It's all a matter of how you say things, and some ways may lead to misunderstandings.

Hanjae
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby Hanjae » Fri May 25, 2007 9:08 am

Seghal, you're overdoing reading "in-between the lines", I'm afraid.

I'll reply to them one by one.

Mangosteen's quotes: Notice the emphasis is on contacting the other team. She's stating her own personal opinion saying that she thinks it would be a waste of time to sub a drama that's already being subbed. That's her own opinion, she's not telling the other party to drop the drama because it's the correct moral thing to do. Did she ask them to drop it? No.

"Respect us as well", that's what she's saying. DA is for us to converse with one another so that we can smooth out misunderstandings between fansub groups without throwing accusations at one another. What Mangosteen is getting at, is that we need to talk with Kai, so that neither side can say "Well you didn't contact me about subbing, how rude!"

Same goes for chunu's. She's saying that we did the research and that we claimed the projects fair and square, not "we claimed it therefore you can't". Where did you manage to get any meaning out of that one? We were accused of unfairly taking dramas. Chunu replied saying it wasn't unfair because no one had claimed it.

Again, with Xi@h's, please read the part about "Normally, when a team claims a drama, the other team which are interested in doing the same drama should contact the 1st team and get some compromises.". That's in the "how to be a good fansubber" guide. It's common courtesy. Did we say "No this team cannot sub it because we claimed it"? No. And this part confirms it: "However, our team has decided that we would release LOCH 2007 even if Jian Hu or whatever team decides to work on the same drama." <-- There, it's saying BON'll work on it even if another team does it. He also wishes LOCH 2007 all the best with their project. That obviously disproves your theory that BON believes claiming first equals exclusive claim, doesn't it? Xi@h is quite obviously accepting that another team is doing it, but protested at the lack of communication.

NOWHERE in those comments you quoted, did we do the "exclusive claim" demand. All of those comments were directed towards "better communication" between fansub groups to AVOID misunderstandings.

I don't think Kai200X and Chunu even got a chance to talk before everyone else jumped in. It should've been handled between Kai and BON.

wail

Postby wail » Fri May 25, 2007 9:19 am

The following is an illustration of when ppl have too much free time on hand:

Seghal wrote:
Hoshiakari wrote:Several times? O: Quotes, please.

Hana Kimi Thread:
mangosteen wrote:It's not a rule that everyone has to obey, but out of respect, if someone said he/she would sub a drama I want to sub, I'd drop it. I think it's fair enough and I wouldn't want to waste my time on subbing a drama that someone already claimed.

mangosteen wrote:I respect Kai200X's good intention in subbing this drama, but all I want to say is please do respect us as well.

This does not mean that multiple groups can't work on the same project. But to avoid potentially messy conflicts, always check other groups' project lists first. If another group is already working on a project you are interested in, there is still the option of collaborating together to work on a series or even multiple version releases on this tracker, but only as long as all parties involved agree to it. (Note: this mostly applies to hardsubbed releases only).

Overall, if your group is planning on starting a project, remember to make a formal announcement of your intentions someplace. Besides your group's own website, the Fansubber forum here is also a good place for broadcasting these things

Quote's from HOW TO BE A GOOD FANSUBBER http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_23775.htm

Also, if this map is meaningless, why does it even exist in the first place? http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Jdrama_Fans ... ummer_2007

In the Fansubber forum, we also announced it http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_44266_180.htm

chunu wrote:for me personnally I don't think it's unfair. we all did a search for all our projects
and made sure no other team announce it yet. any team can search themselves
and announce about a project that they want to work on.

for our team ( BON ) .. these are the 2 jdrama we'll be doing this summer.
and we DID announce it on DA, BON Wiki Page AND JDrama WIki Page :D

Hoshiakari wrote:And regarding "hogging dramas", other groups are welcome to talk to us if they want to do a co-project or sub it themselves. No one's emailed us yet, OR protested in any way. We're not stopping them from doing the drama :3 We actually took a while deciding and waiting to see whether anyone was going to claim it. And besides, why the fuss? We're all working for the same goal: bringing english subs to the fans. That's it. It doesn't matter which group is going to do it.

Legend of the Condor Heroes Thread:

Xi@h wrote:
ethidda wrote:Fansubbing is supposed to be fun. Don't ruin that.

Not just to continue the flaming, but I think that we need to clarify some points here.

I want to point it out that unfortunately that's not the case. There're always a few people around to screw the fansubbers happy mood.

And as far as I am aware, no one contacted us to collaborate on LOCH 2007. Normally, when a team claims a drama, the other team which are interested in doing the same drama should contact the 1st team and get some compromises. But that was not the case. No one did contact us. Moreover, it surprises me that some others mentioned that collaborating with BON would not work out.

However, our team has decided that we would release LOCH 2007 even if Jian Hu or whatever team decides to work on the same drama. We have enough man power and our staffs are dedicated/committed and best of all professional with values. Each staffs at BON are HIGHLY valuable.

We wishes Jian Hu the best of all luck with LOCH 2007!

BON Team, we LOVE YOU!!!

Sometimes you have to read the meta context.

I scanned thro it as I really dun have your kinda free time but I saw nth offensive and I seriously rem that row some fansub team rudely caused just when BON announced they are subbing that particular drama.....first they said they are subbin it too, then arrogantly and snobbishly saying BON should negotiate with them as they are a revered group in subbin this genre of drama, and what is the most unpalatable point they hinted on is BON just claiming it may not do a good job. This is soo big nono as the drama is not even out and we dont know how good BON will do a subbing job of it to make any shape or form of that kind of slandering talk. Also I think it's basically rude to critique a volunteered service as in fansubbing. Beggars shouldn't be choosers. (This is just a saying I'm not literally meaning drama fans ar beggars just to make sure if ppl ar soo reading it between some lines or taking things too literally) If I were to take sides, I think the second group who didnt go the usual route of simply making a thread and announcing they are goin to sub this drama to begin with but JUST when BON announced they are going to sub it they just claimed they have serious interest too, VERY VERY odd and fishy. BON just politely asked them to respect the good fansubbers rule, of coz...that was thrown out of the door ( no surprise) and they claimed BON didnt talk to them to work with them. HAHAHA soo hilarious. I dun think any team member in BON was a worm in that other group so no way they knew they HAVE to negotiate with them before announcing an upcoming drama. After announcing it, that other group instead of talkin to BON just rudely said we're subbin it too with no indication of even trying to work with BON and THEN the next nasty step accusing BON of grabbing. I rem that, that's some good drama brought up by some ppl with no respect of fansubbing in the very first place. And what is soo still sticking in my mind is those ppl ask for MY respect of them as they are revered superfansubbers that have done good fansubbing. Sorry (not really) my respects have all been dowered on truly deserving members of the DA community and I've never respected any snobs no matter how good a job they are doing.

I, as a drama fan, just want fansubbing to stay true to its core of just letting ppl enjoy drama and fansubbers focusing on their subbing projects and get they enjoyment out of it without dealing with all these seriously petty stuff.

So again Go BON!! sidenote, if these ppl come barkin again, just ignore them, dun waste your energy and time on petty bickering, it's not like u r gion to talk some sense and respect out of ppl not capable of it in the first place.

scarlett0512
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby scarlett0512 » Fri May 25, 2007 10:48 am

Wow, looks like B.O.N's progress has been followed. :lol

Anyway, looks like some have had their say. Now we know how you feel. Thank you for your comments. :whistling: Let's get things out in the open, that's how we like them!! :dance: If you have any more, please send them by PM.

P.S. Comments from users that have recently made accounts just to send us messages will be ignored, just so that you know, so don't bother!!! Send the message from your regular account... :P

bonno

Postby bonno » Fri May 25, 2007 11:10 am

scarlett0512 wrote:
There seems to be a new member on DA with the nick BONNO that commented in the HanaKimi thread (for the future subs). It seems that you wanted to offend B.O.N with a double ended sword? Or did I read into something that wasn't there? First, you said that you wanted to intentionally offend B.O.N, or did you mean that your intentions were something else... Secondly, your nick is a little offensive as well BONNO - BON NO... Or does it have another meaning?

It seems that some individuals have a problem with the way that our team is organized, run, and operates. We are always welcome to suggestions on how we can improve ourselves. Our team is made up of good people and we always want to do the best that we can. If you would like to suggest ways that we can improve, please send us a PM. Thank you!!!

:offtopic: (but with a smiling face): B.O.N is really excited about the coming summer season. Hope that everyone is surviving the end of the summer term and looking forward to the summer!! We are!!! :D

I didn't want to post here since this is a thread related to your group. But my name has nothing to do with bon. Its coincidence and when I chose it I didn't know there is such a group as bon (because you are relatively new). So please stop worrying as if you are the central of the world and I would intentionally sign up just for that. But maybe its all just a big conspiracy :roll
Anyways I never offended BON in any way....I just shared my opinion and I see many others share the same. If you are searching for offensive posts you might just look at one of your own member *hint wail
Feel free to let a mod delete this post later :-)

scarlett0512
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby scarlett0512 » Fri May 25, 2007 12:01 pm

bonno wrote:But maybe its all just a big conspiracy :roll

Thanks for the laugh!! It was funny!! :rofl:

Anyway, I actually got a comment that you said mixed up with one that Seghal said. That was my mistake and I'm sorry. But you're nick did catch my eye because you seemed to be obviously upset because we will be subbing two jdramas during the summer season.

Anyway, don't you think that if another team was interested in subbing Hana Kimi they would have signed up for it? There are other teams that are also signing up for other dramas too, even though the dramas won't start until July.

Hanjae
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby Hanjae » Fri May 25, 2007 12:05 pm

Bonno: Unless a mod themself chooses to delete it, we won't report your post. We welcome any comments and criticism, and as you can see, we've tried to solve matters in a civil manner B.O.N has done nothing wrong and has nothing to be afraid of.

Though I must say, mate, I took up your challenge to find offensive comments, and there was one pretty blatant one here. I was simply telling another member that BON will be subbing Hana Kimi. This is your reply:

bonno wrote:Thank god that arashi.vox is also subbing this :roll

If that isn't an offensive comment towards BON, I'm not sure what is :3
Last edited by Hanjae on Fri May 25, 2007 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bonno

Postby bonno » Fri May 25, 2007 12:12 pm

Hoshiakari wrote:Bonno: Unless a mod themself chooses to delete it, we won't report your post. We welcome any comments and criticism, and as you can see, we've tried to solve matters in a civil manner 8) B.O.N has done nothing wrong and has nothing to be afraid of.

Though I must say, mate, I took up your challenge to find offensive comments, and there was one pretty blatant one here. I was simply telling another member that BON will be subbing Hana Kimi. This is your reply:

bonno wrote:Thank god that arashi.vox is also subbing this :roll

If that isn't an offensive comment towards BON, I'm not sure what is :3

That's because I am a big fan of arishi.vox and really loved her subs for hana yori dango and her whole blog is just cool. I also watch bambino with her subs. That doesnt mean I don't like your subs or that I am against your group. I even am really looking forward to some of your kdrama projects and cant wait for the subs to come out.
I am just faithful to one subber so I really like arashi.vox to sub this drama and also the other dramas she will sub during the summer.
I think there is no problem with sticking to one fansubber and being a fan of hers, is there?

Hanjae
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby Hanjae » Fri May 25, 2007 12:14 pm

That's lovely, I'm glad you like Arashi.vox and is planning to stay loyal to her subbing. That's perfectly fine. The way you phrased that comment was extremely offensive though. I actually had people asking me why your post was so anti-BON - that's how it sounded. If you look at it in our perspective, that sounds like you're relieved that you won't have to use BON's subs.

If you're just faithful to Arashi.vox, that's awesome, but in that case, please watch how you phrase things in the future so that no misunderstandings happen 8D

mangosteen
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby mangosteen » Fri May 25, 2007 5:15 pm

Omg, this thread is really growing :wub:
I'm so bored and suddenly I want to become another NO :lol

@Seghal, how did you know we didn't contact Kai??? Don't say that we should have done this or that because we know what we should do, buddy!

This is so interesting, the disguise game in which BON's haters are hiding themselves behind the names of some newbies who have hold some grudge towards BON since the day BON announced on its plan of subbing LOCH :mrgreen: I'm just waiting for the day you reveal yourself :whistling: although I have to say it's not fun anymore because we know who you are 8)

@Bonno, who says you CANNOT stick to the fansubber you like? I was like "What????"
However, there is no need to include such an offensive comment towards BON. Thanks God that someone else has come to sub the drama other than us? Too childish. Next time, please make it sound more directly "I love .... because his/her subs rock."

For our Korean drama projects, I would thank God if you don't stick to our subs :salut:

ckh019
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby ckh019 » Fri May 25, 2007 6:59 pm

hello :-)
:glare:

amrayu
Administrator
Administrator

Postby amrayu » Fri May 25, 2007 7:13 pm

These attacks against each other is unnecessary.
Please take it to PM. If it escalates any further, please contact one of the mods.
Follow SARS-Fansubs on Twitter now!
Get up-to-date info on dramas and fansubbing!

wail

Postby wail » Fri May 25, 2007 7:35 pm

bonno wrote:
scarlett0512 wrote:
There seems to be a new member on DA with the nick BONNO that commented in the HanaKimi thread (for the future subs). It seems that you wanted to offend B.O.N with a double ended sword? Or did I read into something that wasn't there? First, you said that you wanted to intentionally offend B.O.N, or did you mean that your intentions were something else... Secondly, your nick is a little offensive as well BONNO - BON NO... Or does it have another meaning?

It seems that some individuals have a problem with the way that our team is organized, run, and operates. We are always welcome to suggestions on how we can improve ourselves. Our team is made up of good people and we always want to do the best that we can. If you would like to suggest ways that we can improve, please send us a PM. Thank you!!!

:offtopic: (but with a smiling face): B.O.N is really excited about the coming summer season. Hope that everyone is surviving the end of the summer term and looking forward to the summer!! We are!!! :D

I didn't want to post here since this is a thread related to your group. But my name has nothing to do with bon. Its coincidence and when I chose it I didn't know there is such a group as bon (because you are relatively new). So please stop worrying as if you are the central of the world and I would intentionally sign up just for that. But maybe its all just a big conspiracy :roll
Anyways I never offended BON in any way....I just shared my opinion and I see many others share the same. If you are searching for offensive posts you might just look at one of your own member *hint wail

yay! normally I only am offensive to morons and haters when I just nudged them in seeing their true selves in some realistic light but I see some newbie was hinting me as offensive just merely being a whistleblower!! GREAT!!! When am I a team member of BON? if being truthful and despising bullies make you a BON team member, I'm really glad to be one and BON, thanks bonno or whoever for the greatest compliment!! :wub: but I really dun have time to be a devoted fansubber.

Isnt it odd some newbie is finding me offensive being a whistleblower rather than thinking the the ppl who say rude unsubstantiated slandering remarks on a new group as offensive? *hint ODD indeed.

I'll play naive with you since you just joined the DA community as you proclaimed. I read your couple posts you posted, let me just say you must be a too well informed newbie.
Hon, IF you are hiding behind some nick/cover, let me just give you this warm advice, dun say anything fishy that'll blow your cover blatantly for all to see. For any DA member who has been around for a bit, weirdos postin annoying stuff hiding behind some lame new acct is nth new. BON never proclaims to be center of whatever universe but ppl making false accusations to a bunch of sweet fansubbers is still getting me fuming. Sidenote, bullies usu share same thoughts. *wink* direct quote of bonno : Anyways I never offended BON in any way....I just shared my opinion and I see many others share the same. :whistling:

Speakin of conspiracy, gosh for a newbie who just joined? I only saw VERY fishy and seriously rude posts against BON fr the get-go by some peeps you convo with. As a bystander, when I saw a new group that is goin to sub MOST of the upcoming drama I'm dying to watch, it's alarming for me to see stones thrown at them instead of support when they havent even done anything! nobody here is THAT dumb to not connect the dots that some peeps must have 'conspiracy' against a new group. Odd again, you have the EXACT opposite thoughts and what did you base that on again?

Let me just share some personal thoughts. It's NEVER nice to critique a volunteered service, I really dun know where ppl think they have the right to. It's ok to have preference but to say it in broad daylight that I prefer someone else's sub to yours is just very bad taste and judgement to say the least even for a newbie. You can admire the subs and be a fangirl/boy of the subber any day other than showing everybody in DA your not too appealing line of thoughts. You attempt to fake your interest in BON upcoming subs after your comment quoted by Hoshiakari is one word: lame. esp when you said you dun want to post here since this is a thread related to the BON group. odd odd odd... fans posted here to support the group. You're most welcome to post here like me since you SAID you ar looking forward to subs fr BON...

Since these BON haters really make me super curious and as many ar fr a specific group it's just funfunfunfunfun to air things out right?

I only have time to watch couple dramas now, qss, Thank you and Witch. I'm way hooked on QSS beyond belief, it was out earlier than Witch and thank you and it's a seriously good drama. subs ar out on ep 10, frankly at times I lost hope of subs being out esp with the coordinator oddly crying wolves at times to advertise on mass release which is not happening till some time later.
Witch and Thank you are same timeslots, Thank you subs are all out, and Witch is just one ep shy. good pace, good subs.
As a dramafan we always practice patience while waiting for subs, but sometimes the attitude for some teams is absurd like asking for ppl to thank them openly in forums and for some odder reason comparing and blatantly envious the accolades of praises toward fansub groups such as BON and WithS2 with their own group....instead on focusing more attention on fansubbing itself.
These ar all facts for the whole DA and other Kdrama forums to witness. To be honest, me and my friends have a very good laugh at some odd and humorous coordinating.
Do we see bashing on those fansub teams? Of course not. Then why single out BON when they are doing some steady good fansubbing following DA rules and just being a happy family?

sounds like juicy conspiracy against bon anyway I look at it....
facts again looking at fansub wiki, that particular coordinator that draws my interest with her odd style in coordinating is a biggie in couple fansub groups like DF and JiangWu, and most BON critiques can be linked to ppl in a certain fansub group.

Juicy stuff DA members!! I'll watch on!! 8)

bonno

Postby bonno » Fri May 25, 2007 8:34 pm

wail wrote:
bonno wrote:
scarlett0512 wrote:

yay! normally I only am offensive to morons and haters when I just nudged them in seeing their true selves in some realistic light but I see some newbie was hinting me as offensive just merely being a whistleblower!! GREAT!!! When am I a team member of BON? if being truthful and despising bullies make you a BON team member, I'm really glad to be one and BON, thanks bonno or whoever for the greatest compliment!! :wub: but I really dun have time to be a devoted fansubber.

Isnt it odd some newbie is finding me offensive being a whistleblower rather than thinking the the ppl who say rude unsubstantiated slandering remarks on a new group as offensive? *hint ODD indeed.

I'll play naive with you since you just joined the DA community as you proclaimed. I read your couple posts you posted, let me just say you must be a too well informed newbie.
Hon, IF you are hiding behind some nick/cover, let me just give you this warm advice, dun say anything fishy that'll blow your cover blatantly for all to see. For any DA member who has been around for a bit, weirdos postin annoying stuff hiding behind some lame new acct is nth new. BON never proclaims to be center of whatever universe but ppl making false accusations to a bunch of sweet fansubbers is still getting me fuming. Sidenote, bullies usu share same thoughts. *wink* direct quote of bonno : Anyways I never offended BON in any way....I just shared my opinion and I see many others share the same. :whistling:

Speakin of conspiracy, gosh for a newbie who just joined? I only saw VERY fishy and seriously rude posts against BON fr the get-go by some peeps you convo with. As a bystander, when I saw a new group that is goin to sub MOST of the upcoming drama I'm dying to watch, it's alarming for me to see stones thrown at them instead of support when they havent even done anything! nobody here is THAT dumb to not connect the dots that some peeps must have 'conspiracy' against a new group. Odd again, you have the EXACT opposite thoughts and what did you base that on again?

Let me just share some personal thoughts. It's NEVER nice to critique a volunteered service, I really dun know where ppl think they have the right to. It's ok to have preference but to say it in broad daylight that I prefer someone else's sub to yours is just very bad taste and judgement to say the least even for a newbie. You can admire the subs and be a fangirl/boy of the subber any day other than showing everybody in DA your not too appealing line of thoughts. You attempt to fake your interest in BON upcoming subs after your comment quoted by Hoshiakari is one word: lame. esp when you said you dun want to post here since this is a thread related to the BON group. odd odd odd... fans posted here to support the group. You're most welcome to post here like me since you SAID you ar looking forward to subs fr BON...

Since these BON haters really make me super curious and as many ar fr a specific group it's just funfunfunfunfun to air things out right?

I only have time to watch couple dramas now, qss, Thank you and Witch. I'm way hooked on QSS beyond belief, it was out earlier than Witch and thank you and it's a seriously good drama. subs ar out on ep 10, frankly at times I lost hope of subs being out esp with the coordinator oddly crying wolves at times to advertise on mass release which is not happening till some time later.
Witch and Thank you are same timeslots, Thank you subs are all out, and Witch is just one ep shy. good pace, good subs.
As a dramafan we always practice patience while waiting for subs, but sometimes the attitude for some teams is absurd like asking for ppl to thank them openly in forums and for some odder reason comparing and blatantly envious the accolades of praises toward fansub groups such as BON and WithS2 with their own group....instead on focusing more attention on fansubbing itself.
These ar all facts for the whole DA and other Kdrama forums to witness. To be honest, me and my friends have a very good laugh at some odd and humorous coordinating.
Do we see bashing on those fansub teams? Of course not. Then why single out BON when they are doing some steady good fansubbing following DA rules and just being a happy family?

sounds like juicy conspiracy against bon anyway I look at it....
facts again looking at fansub wiki, that particular coordinator that draws my interest with her odd style in coordinating is a biggie in couple fansub groups like DF and JiangWu, and most BON critiques can be linked to ppl in a certain fansub group.

Juicy stuff DA members!! I'll watch on!! 8)

LOL you seem to have lots of time...didn't even bother to read it just catched something about another group being slow. Well I could say the same about BON and Bambino but why should I. Fansubbers can take all their time in the world but neither I nor you seem to be a fansubber. So why drag other people into it. I criticized BON because I think having 2 people translate one drama is very legitimate (and not against the rules) and that is only a fact. And I have to say most of your members (like scarlet) took it very well. Did I say someone has to listen to me...NO. Did I say I am an expert...No. I even said I am not a fansubber and don't know whats going on behind the curtains. I never criticised anyone for being slow or for any bad translation... and I never would.
I don't even know what most of you are talking about...wasn't this just about someone wanting to fansub the same drama. Isn't there a way to discuss on a polite way? Why has this become an issue about BON haters or whatever? Are there even BON haters? I cant imagine anyone hating a fansub group, that spends so much of their time subbing dramas for the fans.

And what I wanted to say...sorry if my arashi.vox remark seemed offensive....it wasn't intended that way :pray: . But well seems like I weren't the only one with offensive comments so peace!!! :-)

amrayu
Administrator
Administrator

Postby amrayu » Fri May 25, 2007 8:42 pm

@wail and bonno...
Did you read my post? Please do not bash each other or insinuate things about other groups/people... or I'll be forced to temporarily lock this thread.
You're making this into something big when this matter could be resolved by PM. :fight:

Got problems with a group/person? Air them out through PM. Thanks!!

drmaul

Postby drmaul » Fri May 25, 2007 9:38 pm

Wail, just say it's Kandi of D-Fansubs and Jiang Hu. Is that too hard to spit out?
But I can say that bonno is NOT Kandi... She doesn't have horrible grammar like that.

"As a bystander..."
You aren't a bystander. You're obviously afilliated with some BON members.

Anyways, bonno, there are people who hate whole fansub groups, like myself. I hate BON(except for Cam and autuymnrain), WithS2, and D-Fansubs. All three are horrible.

Sorry amrayu.

Serentiy01
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby Serentiy01 » Fri May 25, 2007 9:58 pm

Hi amrayu. Although all the bashing is childish and unnecessary, but I personally feel, for this case, that it's better to let things out all in the air rather than through PM. I'm not encouraging for the argument to go on, but at least we know how people TRULY feel about us as a group. Some respect us and some don't; now, we and the world know who does and who doesn't. Sorry for making your job harder.

I wish everyone the best of luck in everything.

Off topic:

ckh019, I thought you were suppose to be preparing for a wedding. :P
Thanks to B.O.N dearies for the gorgeous banners and avies. :)

amrayu
Administrator
Administrator

Postby amrayu » Fri May 25, 2007 10:23 pm

Sorry Serenity, I'll have to disagree with you.

Most of what has been written hasn't helped the situation... it's only made it worse. :alcoholic:

Even though you would like to hear what people think of BON, it seems that some BON members are insinuating stuff and insulting other non-BON D-A members.

I do not want to get involved, but this could potentially get out of hand... which I do not want.

ckh019
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby ckh019 » Sat May 26, 2007 12:29 am

Serentiy01 wrote:Off topic:

ckh019, I thought you were suppose to be preparing for a wedding. :P

i'm making my hair. i'll be there in a sec...8)

can't we all just get along? :unsure:

my stomach hurts...

autuymnrain
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby autuymnrain » Sat May 26, 2007 12:40 am

im totally spamming :lol sorry.

am i invited ckh019??? :O

anyways, im sorry how things turned out, all from some misunderstanding, but i hope we can all just get along and continue to do what we love to do. thank you very much.

ckh019
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby ckh019 » Sat May 26, 2007 1:08 am

autuymnrain wrote:im totally spamming :lol sorry.

am i invited ckh019??? :O

can i have some spam too? :P

everybody is invited! my hair is done! wheres the bride at? :dance:

Serentiy01
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby Serentiy01 » Sat May 26, 2007 1:14 am

Yay~! Everyone's invited. autuymnrain dear, do you want to go with me to the wedding? :D :wub:

Poor ckh019, what did you do to your bride? :O

autuymnrain
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby autuymnrain » Sat May 26, 2007 1:19 am

ohh me me me, im so excited to come. i'd be honored to go with you Serentiy01 :wub: :cheers:

chh019, i hope you find your bride soon.

and of course, i just want to show my support and love to bon. thank you so much for taking me into the team. :wub:

wail

Postby wail » Sat May 26, 2007 1:19 am

o can I be the flower girl? and shower some BON love! *hugz*

ckh019
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby ckh019 » Sat May 26, 2007 1:21 am

who is my bride?? :faint:

Serentiy01
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby Serentiy01 » Sat May 26, 2007 1:25 am

ckh019 wrote:who is my bride?? :faint:

I thought this issue was settled via pm, no? :blink

I want to be flower girl along with wail~! :wub:

ckh019
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby ckh019 » Sat May 26, 2007 1:33 am

WAIT!!! i am confused....get me a drink.... :alcoholic:

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Postby mizune » Sat May 26, 2007 2:35 am

Uh, guys...
Reminder that completely off-topic and random postings can be considered spam of the unwelcome variety. I know that BON postings can be soewhat random, but please try to keep things topical, folks...
Read the D-Addicts FAQ before asking questions.
No movies here, so please don't request. Check the Asian Movie Torrent Links.

cool_drama
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby cool_drama » Sat May 26, 2007 3:24 am

looks like this thread was reported by.... :whistling:
ImageImage

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Postby mizune » Sat May 26, 2007 3:30 am

Actually it annoys the hell out of me when threads go way off topic and just become spamming pits.
Who do you think has to read these things anyways?

Answer:
[spoiler] :dance: [/spoiler]
Anyhow, suffice to say we have legitimate reasons for not wanting post spam. Please don't make our jobs any more difficult and time consuming than it already is... :fear:

Thanks
Read the D-Addicts FAQ before asking questions.

No movies here, so please don't request. Check the Asian Movie Torrent Links.

chunu

Postby chunu » Sat May 26, 2007 3:46 am

BON TEAM .. LOVE U ALL ! :wub:
Please let's drop everything and just do our part as fansubbers. :-)
Thank YOU belove chusssssssssssssssssssssssssss !!!!
:wub: :wub: :wub:

To members besides BON TEAM .. please kindly post of your support
otherwise just PM us individually if U have any comments. Thank
YOU all !!!! :D
ImageImage

cool_drama
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby cool_drama » Sat May 26, 2007 3:47 am

drmaul wrote:Wail, just say it's Kandi of D-Fansubs and Jiang Hu. Is that too hard to spit out?
But I can say that bonno is NOT Kandi... She doesn't have horrible grammar like that.

"As a bystander..."
You aren't a bystander. You're obviously afilliated with some BON members.

Anyways, bonno, there are people who hate whole fansub groups, like myself. I hate BON(except for Cam and autuymnrain), WithS2, and D-Fansubs. All three are horrible.

Sorry amrayu.

And then there are people like me who just wanna kiss everyone's asses for hugs.

By the way, I like to eat scrambled eggs.
ImageImage

amrayu
Administrator
Administrator

Postby amrayu » Sat May 26, 2007 4:26 am

After repeated reports of this thread and a PM from a BON member, I've decided to temporarily lock this thread.

People stop spamming PLEASE!

EDIT: Thread has been unlocked for now. Please no spamming ~_~

Serentiy01
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby Serentiy01 » Mon May 28, 2007 5:42 am

Hello B.O.N and anyone who supports us, hope everyone had a great weekend~! :wub:

Thanks amrayu for re-opening this thread. I apologize for making the job harder for you and mizune the other day. Hope everything is ok now. :)

Once again, we're really excited about our upcoming projects and it sure will be one exciting summer~! Thanks for all your support. :cheers:

Banner credits: mangosteen

scarlett0512
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby scarlett0512 » Mon May 28, 2007 7:06 am

Hi everyone,

B.O.N would like to sincerely apologize to the mods and all DA members that don't understand what is going on. We're sorry for posting any unnecessary messages on the board... :wub:

However, our team would really appreciate it if we do not receive any more insincere PMs, requests to join our team (if your intentions are not to help us sub), or MSN messages. It's not only wasting our time, but is counterproductive.

As our team is made up of fans of Asian dramas, we enjoy bringing subs to other fans. We hope that you all will support us in our future endeavors. We welcome suggestions of ways in which we can improve (constructive criticism is always a good thing!!), so please send us a PM with any comments or questions that you may have.

Have a good summer!! :cheers:

chunu

Postby chunu » Mon May 28, 2007 2:41 pm

Thank you amrayu ... you're a sweetheart!!! :wub:
So sorry Mods for the troubles. :hugs:
ImageImage

ch3rrry
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby ch3rrry » Tue May 29, 2007 1:41 am

thanks camichu for the new rotation siggie. wuv it!!! :wub: :heart: :w000t:
Visit My Blog :Cherry Blossom Heaven
Currently Hooked On Watching Nodame Cantabile, Romantic Princess, 1st Shop of Coffee Prince

haruna_hamasaki

Postby haruna_hamasaki » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:09 am

is there any direct downloads for BON projects release?

chunu

Postby chunu » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:21 am

Here's our BON CB .. sorry we don't have direct d/l other then our CB :D

http://clubbox.co.kr/samshiki
ImageImage

haruna_hamasaki

Postby haruna_hamasaki » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:43 am

^ thanks. but i cant use CB at all. i've tried so many things but failed. :-)

minuberry

Postby minuberry » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:52 am

Do you guys still have an open for a Korean Translator?? If you do, I would be interested in it.

autuymnrain
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby autuymnrain » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:27 am

haruna_hamasaki wrote:^ thanks. but i cant use CB at all. i've tried so many things but failed. :-)

have you tried torrents :)

chunu

Postby chunu » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:04 pm

@minuberry:

thanks for your interest. please check your PM :D
ImageImage

lhdn1994

Postby lhdn1994 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:50 am

hi
i dont know if you guys still need people for ur subbing team but i would like to join :D
since i dont know any korean/chinese/or japanese i could help edit or qc :D

chunu

Postby chunu » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:59 am

As of TODAY ( May 10, 2007 ),
B.O.N F u n S u b s Team will accept members who are
referred by our B.O.N PERMANENT STAFF MEMBERS ONLY .

THANK YOU! ^ _ ^

ImageImage

autuymnrain
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby autuymnrain » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:31 pm

i just thought i'd share the love :lol: Image

doggieusa
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby doggieusa » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:35 am

That was cute Kath! How did you do that?

scarlett0512
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby scarlett0512 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:34 pm

:wub: Really cute!!!

autuymnrain
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby autuymnrain » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:58 pm

for the rest of our team, if you havent visited our home. have you seen the campaign launched for "Bon is Love" project? hahaha it's awesome!

JaM

Postby JaM » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:50 pm

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/9854 ... extwr9.gif
OMG! Hahaha, I love this!!
Thanks autuymnrain!!!!

Yes, BON is true love~~ ^_^
New Xman Coordinator : : New Xman English Subtitles

autuymnrain
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby autuymnrain » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:58 pm

haha, thanks JaM i didnt do much work on that one. it was found from a site :) but im glad everyone had a good laugh :lol:

lovebum4life

Postby lovebum4life » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:10 pm

Hey B.O.N. are we allowed to post direct download links of their future hardsubbed episodes for Hana Kimi? I wanted to know if we're allowed to post them in another forum for those who can't download via torrents or clubbox and for convenience of speed.

chunu

Postby chunu » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:57 pm

@lovebum4life:
thanks for asking :D
please PM us ( BON'S COORDINATORS ) personnally in regards to
uploading BON'S work anywhere else besides DA & Soompi. Thanks :D

BON'S COORDINATORS :

scarlett0512
Mangosteen
SeReNiTy
JaM
xKiMix
ImageImage

lovebum4life

Postby lovebum4life » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:58 pm

Alright thanx!

scarlett0512
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby scarlett0512 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:45 pm

B.O.N FunSubs will not be subbing First Kiss. Instead we may eventually provide subs for one of the unsubbed jdramas for the summer 2007 season.

Hardsubs only will be released on DA for Hana Kimi; softsubs will be released on our blog (more information coming soon).

Misato-san

Postby Misato-san » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:27 pm

ooooooh... ;____;

suggestion, suggestion...
[spoiler]Hotaru no Hikari[/spoiler]

Serentiy01
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby Serentiy01 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:06 am

BON FunSubs will be subbing Ushi ni Negai wo: Love & Farm. :D

Thanks Misato-san for your suggestion, but I hope someone else will sub Hotaru no Hikari. :-)

furransu

Postby furransu » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:11 am

^ im glad BON would be doing Ushi ni Negai wo ^^ !

Loony

Postby Loony » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:40 am

Serentiy01 wrote:Image

BON FunSubs will be subbing Ushi ni Negai wo: Love & Farm. :D

:cheers: :w00t:

That's great! Thank you *_*

Misato-san

Postby Misato-san » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:03 am

oh, the new Toda Erika drama... happyness *__________*