Question for Crisis: Kouan Kidou Sousatai Tokusou-han

Discuss fansubbing issues, problems, or learn how to create fansubs.
ricadefe

Question for Crisis: Kouan Kidou Sousatai Tokusou-han

Postby ricadefe » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:52 pm

Hello everyone, I would like ask you if someone will sub the new drama with Oguri Shun, Crisis: Kouan Kidou Sousatai Tokusou-han. It's not a request but only a question. If you know someone that will sub this drama let me know.. :thumleft:

Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Question for Crisis: Kouan Kidou Sousatai Tokusou-han

Postby Keiko1981 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:27 pm

No one have picked it up, according to Jdrama Fansub Map 2017. (Possibly some closed LiveJournal/Dreamwidth communities).

HPriest
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby HPriest » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:49 pm

I'm contemplating whether or not I want to start translating this drama. It's been a while for me and I don't really have a lot of time on hand. I already did like the first 100 lines or so to get a feeling and may or may not continue... Is there any editor/typesetter interested in helping out?
Subbing: Black Revenge (Complete)
Done: Puzzle, LIMIT, CRISIS, Thrill!, Kurokawa no Techo, Koori no Wadachi SP, BORDER: Shoudou Spin-Off, Okusama wa Tori Atsukai Chui, BORDER Shokuzai SP, Sogeki SP, anone, BG, Innocent Days (all here)
Twitter: @hpriestsubs

mainemanx

Postby mainemanx » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:22 am

Please, somebody help ...

brigichan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby brigichan » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:11 am

I'm not sure I'd be of much help, I'm just here to show my support. :thumright: I'm really interested in this drama.

HPriest, what type of help do you require?
Folyamatban: Live [38%]
Tervezettek: Voice (OCN) - Season 2
Befejezettek: http://www.yisanprojekt.hu/

HPriest
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby HPriest » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:14 pm

Just the usual stuff...

• Editing lines/phrases deemed unnatural, unfitting, awkward or straight up wrong. English isn't my native tongue, so my choice of words might not always be perfect. Spelling errors etc.
  • Merging, breaking, re-timing lines if necessary. I'm using the timings from the Japanese subs and they tend to break lines more often than necessary.
  • Typesetting (unspoken) on-screen text.

Doing either or all of the above requires you to have the same raw as me, which would primarily be the 720p DoA raws found on either nyaa or avistaz.

I'll still get the subtitles out without the additional polish, but I'd prefer them to be as good as possible. Added myself to the fansub map as I'd like to tackle this project.
Done: Puzzle, LIMIT, CRISIS, Thrill!, Kurokawa no Techo, Koori no Wadachi SP, BORDER: Shoudou Spin-Off, Okusama wa Tori Atsukai Chui, BORDER Shokuzai SP, Sogeki SP, anone, BG, Innocent Days (all here)

brigichan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby brigichan » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:54 pm

I wish you good luck with the project! :thumright: I'd love to help but English is not my native language either, it's usually what I translate the subs from to my native language. :unsure: Let's hope someone gets interested in this! The drama looks action-packed and cool! :rambo:
Folyamatban: Live [38%]
Tervezettek: Voice (OCN) - Season 2
Befejezettek: http://www.yisanprojekt.hu/

ricadefe

Postby ricadefe » Fri May 05, 2017 12:20 am

Hello HPriest if you need help with the drama you can contact me, I never done subtitles but if you teach me what I have to do I'm happy to help you.. let me know okay? thanks again for took this series :salut:

Atsukai

Postby Atsukai » Mon May 08, 2017 3:02 pm

HPriest wrote:Just the usual stuff...

• Editing lines/phrases deemed unnatural, unfitting, awkward or straight up wrong. English isn't my native tongue, so my choice of words might not always be perfect. Spelling errors etc.
  • Merging, breaking, re-timing lines if necessary. I'm using the timings from the Japanese subs and they tend to break lines more often than necessary.
  • Typesetting (unspoken) on-screen text.

Doing either or all of the above requires you to have the same raw as me, which would primarily be the 720p DoA raws found on either nyaa or avistaz.

I'll still get the subtitles out without the additional polish, but I'd prefer them to be as good as possible. Added myself to the fansub map as I'd like to tackle this project.

I can help directly almost 24/7 about the right choose of words in English, if you don't mind having an extra hand (though I'm on a tablet, I'll help however I can ^^). Dm me if you guys wouldn't mind (and where should we chat about it, an app or specific site~)?
No life, Lot of time.

HPriest
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby HPriest » Mon May 08, 2017 7:43 pm

Thanks for the offers.

I'm pretty pleased with the quality of the subs as they are, especially considering my lack of time to truly QC them myself. You can go ahead and check the subs I have released for this series so far and see if there are parts that need improvement in terms of wording etc. If there are enough weird parts per episode, I might reconsider getting an external editor/QC guy.

base_intrigues

Postby base_intrigues » Wed May 31, 2017 4:38 am

HPriest wrote:Thanks for the offers.

I'm pretty pleased with the quality of the subs as they are, especially considering my lack of time to truly QC them myself. You can go ahead and check the subs I have released for this series so far and see if there are parts that need improvement in terms of wording etc. If there are enough weird parts per episode, I might reconsider getting an external editor/QC guy.

HPriest, I just want to thank you for the subs you've done so far. My friend and I are addicted to Crisis and have resorted to watching raw as soon as it goes online (with Japanese subs), and then using google translate on certain key scenes! I am an English speaker only, and to me your subs are beyond any criticism because I value them so much. Even if you do no more, thank you for time and effort you've spent so far on this brilliant show. We've rewatched your subbed eps many times!!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

HPriest
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby HPriest » Wed May 31, 2017 8:55 pm

Thanks for the feedback. :-) I really like the show as well.

And don't worry, I'll finish the show as long as no sudden illness renders me unable to do so... :thumright:

base_intrigues

Postby base_intrigues » Wed May 31, 2017 11:59 pm

You're the best!!

Just watched your ep5 subs. Brilliant, made my day!! Thank you so much

:cheers: