Automated JPN subtitles [Jpsubbers]

You can find/upload subtitle files for tv drama series here.
Please use the Fansubbing forum to discuss subtitles.
rhx

Automated JPN subtitles [Jpsubbers]

Postby rhx » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:21 pm

Jpsubbers is now located here
http://jpsubbers.web44.net/

Other alternatives to Jpsubbers
Mediacrit
Pikataa3’s Ameba
Zenbun Kakiokoshi

=================================
Many of you probably know about this already, but here's a link anyway:

http://transportstreams.org/captions/

This archive is automatically updated with the closed captions from all shows Elitist Fags release TS's for (provided that the TV stations includes captions in the broadcast). It's generally updated within 30-45 minutes of the airing's end.

You can use these subtitles for absolutely anything you want (including claiming you made them yourself), go hog wild.

jif47

Postby jif47 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:19 pm

Interesting, you should also know if you don't already that there is another japanese guy (qop123 , http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Qop123%27s_ ... es_Project) also recording many dramas in japan and extracting captions from TS files with caption2ass like you do, but he is only capping dramas and not all animes and few dramas like Elitist Fags. He's also not providing TS files like you do, just the closed captions of many dramas.
Plus, in the three posts where you posted, I am surprised you missed the big message from qop123 that's always here when he is providing subtitles. Just because someone did take subtitles for Moyashimon Live action from your place before without saying the website where he found it (which is dumb, I agree with you), doesn't mean anybody else will do it too :-)

rhx

Postby rhx » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:11 pm

jif47 wrote:Interesting, you should also know if you don't already that there is another japanese guy (qop123 , http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Qop123%27s_ ... es_Project) also recording many dramas in japan and extracting captions from TS files with caption2ass like you do, but he is only capping dramas and not all animes and few dramas like Elitist Fags. He's also not providing TS files like you do, just the closed captions of many dramas.
Plus, in the three posts where you posted, I am surprised you missed the big message from qop123 that's always here when he is providing subtitles. Just because someone did take subtitles for Moyashimon Live action from your place before without saying the website where he found it (which is dumb, I agree with you), doesn't mean anybody else will do it too :-)

I'm just throwing it out there as a service. If nothing else, they should be out faster than any manually timed stuff. I don't care at all what you do or not do with the subs; the Moyashimon thing was mostly trolling because lol that was really lazy. Feel free to claim you grabbed them yourself if you want to, but yeah change the filenames at least.

qop123

Postby qop123 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:30 am

Hello~ :lol

I admire that Elitist Fags is so well equipped and so powerfully operating. I wonder what he does for his living.

I'm thinking of going public too, automating all the processes. As it is, it is already automated to the part of extracting these Japanese subs. The rest is just to extend it to the publishing.

At first, it was not that hard, and so it was not necessary, and I liked the old handout method, dealing with and making promises with people. But after doing this for some time, and after some thinking, I came to think that after all, automating and going public is better.

Some people requested for quicker raw uncut subs for translation purposes, and I sometimes responded to and sometimes ruthlessly denied their requests. If this goes automated, they don't have to ask me at all, which should be better for them. And to think of the time lags that necessarily ensue with the manual handout method, I now think that it is better to automate the processes so that the handlers can get to work when they choose at an earliest timing.

I have yet to look for a hoster and ask for help to some of my programmer friends about how to automatically upload the files, and maybe about whipping up the script too. But that should not be that difficult.

pluggy

Postby pluggy » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:12 pm

qop123 wrote:Hello~ :lol

I admire that Elitist Fags is so well equipped and so powerfully operating. I wonder what he does for his living.

I'm thinking of going public too, automating all the processes. As it is, it is already automated to the part of extracting these Japanese subs. The rest is just to extend it to the publishing.

At first, it was not that hard, and so it was not necessary, and I liked the old handout method, dealing with and making promises with people. But after doing this for some time, and after some thinking, I came to think that after all, automating and going public is better.

Some people requested for quicker raw uncut subs for translation purposes, and I sometimes responded to and sometimes ruthlessly denied their requests. If this goes automated, they don't have to ask me at all, which should be better for them. And to think of the time lags that necessarily ensue with the manual handout method, I now think that it is better to automate the processes so that the handlers can get to work when they choose at an earliest timing.

I have yet to look for a hoster and ask for help to some of my programmer friends about how to automatically upload the files, and maybe about whipping up the script too. But that should not be that difficult.

that sounds great, qop123. I really appreciate the Japanese subs you've been pushing out- I use them to study. They're absolutely wonderful. you wouldn't believe the trouble I have to go through raking through loads and loads of chinese forums in order to find those elusive japanese subs for a drama that's two years old. Automation sounds like a good idea, but i can see the benefits to the handout/promise method.

It does feel like there's a chance that if you go public those unedited RAW subs might just sit there unedited and they'll just be take for translation purposes. the handout method definitely combats that problem though. But recently I did watch the first episode of SPEC with your Japanese sub rip, and I also noticed that the english softsub was translated from your original copy. Which is actually really great, because you've streamlined the entire process- you make the deal with the timer, and then that leaves it open for anyone with an upper-intermediate understanding of Japanese to translate it to english. Anyone with a decent grasp of the language can now fansub, you know? Then I guess quality checkers can come in and do there thing. well so that's how it's should go, haha. It actually sounds revolutionary if it works out that way. It would be like a giant fansubbing entity / wiki project with no individual coordinator, and very much adhoc in nature.

I hope you stick around qop123, I'm definitely digging what you're doing here man! thanks-

qop123

Postby qop123 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:09 am

Hello~ :roll

Some progress has been made, and I have set up the hosting site and released the files currently available.

The address is here.

http://qop123.hostwebs.com/Japanese-Subtitles/

But, as it is, the part of uploading the files has not been yet automated. This time, I only manually uploaded the files through a FTP client. But the thing does not look so hard, and so just a little more time to the complete automation.

@pluggy

Well, that might be a little disadvantage, but I think that as everyone is a big boy and a big girl, there should not be much problem. And, you know, people might not want to deal with me, who is to them what a dude he may be, and might hesitate to come forward. And I think that people who have more desire to help and contribute and who have more delicacy and care for synching will be spontaneously uploading the files. And even it was at first for personal use, if and once the files are synched to the raw videos, people would surely come forward and upload the files. And so I'm not worrying too much, and if it seems that it is not working, I can change the way in the future. Thank you for sending me a PM too.

qop123

Postby qop123 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:28 pm

All right, the automation has been completed. From now on, the files should be automatically uploaded to the above address in about 5-10 minutes after the airing finishes. I will observe the behavior a little bit, and if it continues to work with no problem, I will start to notify people. Special thanks to my friends who have helped me with technicalities!

furransu

Postby furransu » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:39 pm

good job qop123, thats pretty cool and will save you a lot of time :)

and i guess, for next season onwards, we just need to reply to this thread or somewhere to volunteer in retiming the subs to the raws :)

qop123

Postby qop123 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:26 am

I have already edited the wiki a little bit. I'm thinking of using it as a place of coordination if people do not mind.
http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Qop123%27s_ ... es_Project

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby arakira » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:29 pm

qop123, thank you so much for all your hard work. I really appreciate the captions cause as some others said before they're a great help for students and subbers!! Keep it up^^

pluggy

Postby pluggy » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:45 pm

good work qop123!

7th-key

Postby 7th-key » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:02 pm

:cheers: awesome! japanese subs are a tremendous study help!

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby arakira » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:47 pm

I'm not much into anime, and I don't really care about anime fansubbers fights, but I'm curious what happened to elitist fags! Anybody knows what happened and whether they're down permanently??

furransu

Postby furransu » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:51 pm

i guess eltlist fags are dead.. so no more CCs from them! qop123 ganbare!

serene012

Postby serene012 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:21 pm

judging from the message on their site, it seems like the elitist fags got trouble with the law?
I know it's illegal to upload anime captions.

I appreciate what qop123 has done, his CCs made my translations much easier. I'm worried qop123's site will be targeted next.

furransu

Postby furransu » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:46 pm

perhaps mods should remove this thread to keep things safe?? since most people already know qop123's website.

qop123 what do you suggest?

jif47

Postby jif47 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:16 pm

Don't worry furransu, nothing will happen to qop123 website.
Last edited by jif47 on Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby arakira » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:34 pm

jif47, thanks for the clarification...I was wondering what was going on, since I only read some angry fansubbers' comment somewhere...Glad nothing serious for our dramas then :P

furransu

Postby furransu » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:24 pm

i've updated qop123's wiki page with the next season's dramas i'm interested in :)

metalian33

Postby metalian33 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:30 am

Is qop123's website down ? 403 Access Forbiden... :-(

furransu

Postby furransu » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:37 am

I'm getting that message too. It could be the site has exceeded it's capacity or transfer limit :(

emma-ba

Postby emma-ba » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:55 am

Like furransu said I hope it's just a technical problem...

jif47

Postby jif47 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:58 am

No it's not a technical issue. As for right now, the archive might come back soon, but only the timers of the dramas will have access to it if it comes back, no public access anymore.

metalian33

Postby metalian33 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:18 pm

Too bad... No more fake or gou for me...

danodare

Postby danodare » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 pm

Half the shows have no timers: Fake, Gou, Onmyou Happyakuyachou, Galileo, Orange days, Mattsugu ... just a few that come to mind.

Besides, real life being what it is, it often happens that timers stop timing shows after a few episodes.

Perhaps private access could be granted to plain japanese learners such as myself (and not timers) ?

Thanks in advance,
-Danodare

jif47

Postby jif47 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:51 pm

Here the shows that are already being handled and timed :

Control by furransu

Gaikoukan Kuroda Kousaku by furransu

Kokuhatsu by furransu

LADY~Saigo no Hanzai Profile~ by furransu

Saijou no Meii by furransu

School!! by furransu

Utsukushii Rinjin by furransu

Misaki Number One!! by ggenglish

Deka Wanko by ggenglish

Fuyu no Sakura by ggenglish

Taisetsu na Koto wa Subete Kimi ga Oshiete Kureta by ggenglish

As you can see, it's already a lot. Giving access to japanese learners would mean much effort since they are plenty here and it's really not an option right now. Two timers are already doing a lot of work with all of those shows. I think that finding some others wouldn't be that difficult.

furransu

Postby furransu » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:05 pm

If more people would help with timing the Japanese subs, it will be much better.. because this season nobody seems interested to do so :(

You only just need to edit this page http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Qop123's_Ja ... es_Project if you wish to volunteer to do the Japanese subs for a drama.

jif47

Postby jif47 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:08 pm

Yep, I believe it's because the archive was public and I knew this would lead to this point where only a few people want to time.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby arakira » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:33 pm

So does that mean the captions project will be continued but we'll have to wait for re-timed versions to be uploaded here?

I'm very grateful for what qop and his team do, and in whatever way I can help, I will^^

I have no idea about timing but if furansu or sb else is willing to teach me, I could do so for one of the drama that are still vacant. :D

I was hoping I could continue to check my understanding of drama by reading up on those captions that usually come out the day the drama airs. That's why I would rather not wait for timings, cause I never use the Japanese subs, I just check a couple of lines using rikaichan for the kanji :P

Thanks for all your efforts again!! :cheers:

yakyu_girl

Postby yakyu_girl » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:58 pm

Okay I'm late for the "party", so qop123 page with japanese subtitles won't be open to public again, right?

And no one applied as timer for "Honboshi ~ Shinri Tokuso Jikenbo" & "Quartet".
This means that there won't be around Japanese subs for these 2 dramas?

To time the subs we would just have to do what's written here -> http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Qop123%27s_Japanese_Subtitles_Project
Right?

If that's what we have to do, then I'm willing to help as a timer.
It's not the first time I have to time & edit subs.

metalian33

Postby metalian33 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:07 pm

If you know a link to a good tutorial for timing, i'm ok to time gou and fake.

subie06
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby subie06 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:11 pm

I'm also willing to time the Japanese subs. I already have 2 episodes of FAKE timed, so I can upload those. The Japanese subtitles are very helpful not only to those learning Japanese and for subbers, but also to people hard of hearing (like my mom). I certainly hope we can somehow continue to have access to the Japanese subs.

jif47

Postby jif47 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:38 pm

Right now, all the timer volunteers need to write their name according to the rule in this wiki : http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Qop123%27s_ ... es_Project so that all the dramas are handled. Then, we will decide about the way to deliver privately the captions to the timers that will upload those subtitles to d-addicts after that, let's take it one step at a time.

yakyu_girl

Postby yakyu_girl » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:49 pm

I just added my name for Honboshi & Quartet.

And someone else applied for Fake a few mins ago

jif47

Postby jif47 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:52 pm

Quartet doesn't air with japanese subtitles, so you can delete it.

Liubeibei

Postby Liubeibei » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:54 pm

I know metalian33 already volunteered for Gou here, but I see on the wiki page that Gou is still MIA.

Since I've already done 2 episodes for it and translated them to English subs, and want to continue, can I be the timer for Gou?

jif47

Postby jif47 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:55 pm

Ok do it. Add your name to the wiki.
Last edited by jif47 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikilove13
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby mikilove13 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:59 pm

I applied for Fake and Onmitsu Happyaku Yacho. I was wondering though, is Onmitsu Happyaku Yacho airing with JP subs?

jif47

Postby jif47 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:00 pm

Yes.

metalian33

Postby metalian33 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:07 pm

Liubeibei wrote:I know metalian33 already volunteered for Gou here, but I see on the wiki page that Gou is still MIA.

Since I've already done 2 episodes for it and translated them to English subs, and want to continue, can I be the timer for Gou?

Since i know nothing about timing you'll do a better job for sure.
So it seems i'll just wait for the subs to be post here on D.A.
Thanks for everyone's work and if you need some help feel free to ask.

Liubeibei

Postby Liubeibei » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:09 pm

metalian33 wrote:Since i know nothing about timing you'll do a better job for sure.
So it seems i'll just wait for the subs to be post here on D.A.
Thanks for everyone's work and if you need some help feel free to ask.

Thank you! I appreciate it.

jif47

Postby jif47 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:12 pm

Ok so for now, there is only Jidan Koushounin Gota Keshi , Dr. Irabu Ichiro and Bartender left for this season.

jsy7458

Postby jsy7458 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:36 pm

qop123, Why did not entering http://qop123.hostwebs.com/Japanese-Subtitles/ ?

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby arakira » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:35 pm

I can try for Gota Keshi and Bartender - but I don't see any files for the first one around, yet.^^

furransu

Postby furransu » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:57 pm

Bartender doesn't start until Feb :)

subie06
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby subie06 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:00 am

I signed up for Dr Irabu Ichiro.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby arakira » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:18 am

furransu wrote:Bartender doesn't start until Feb :)

That's why I said for the first one :P

jsy7458

Postby jsy7458 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:47 pm

TS video where do you get?

jif47

Postby jif47 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:27 pm

Ok so now, all the dramas are handled. Thanks to all of you that have applied. Right now we need some time to think about the best private way to handle the delivery, don't worry dramas captions of new episodes are still being made .

furransu

Postby furransu » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:33 pm

Do simple login systems exist? or maybe just change the name of the webpage and only share the new page link to the handlers :)

jif47

Postby jif47 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:37 pm

Well, one good solution is to put a system user / password on the web archive, but we might also change the name of the web archive too. Anyway, let's wait until the end of this week, hopefully something will come up within that time.

ggenglish

Postby ggenglish » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:33 pm

In my opinion file access isn't the issue. I agree with qop they should be free for everyone to have access to (sometimes i get impatient and don't want to wait for ones i'm not handling :-D ). The problem is in d-addict thread creation. I think as long as we have the moderators ear we can essentially control the handling.

We can PM each other and talk things out, I signed up for "Misaki" this season and afterwards realized Rollins was going to translate who usually does the jp. I pmed them and asked if they wanted to take it over, they said no but if they did I would just have given them the current work and deleted my post.

I hope a moderator will let us control any situation where a rogue handler is posting against what we want and we need to keep them in line. haha.

@jsy7458 As far as I know, the .ts file comes from recording the original broadcoast. Meaning that only people with live japanese TV feeds can extract them. which is why we are so lucky qop shares them with us, and shares so many shows at that.
Last edited by ggenglish on Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kiddygrade

Postby kiddygrade » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:34 pm

qop123 wrote:Hello~ :roll

Some progress has been made, and I have set up the hosting site and released the files currently available.

The address is here.

http://qop123.hostwebs.com/Japanese-Subtitles/

But, as it is, the part of uploading the files has not been yet automated. This time, I only manually uploaded the files through a FTP client. But the thing does not look so hard, and so just a little more time to the complete automation.

@pluggy

Well, that might be a little disadvantage, but I think that as everyone is a big boy and a big girl, there should not be much problem. And, you know, people might not want to deal with me, who is to them what a dude he may be, and might hesitate to come forward. And I think that people who have more desire to help and contribute and who have more delicacy and care for synching will be spontaneously uploading the files. And even it was at first for personal use, if and once the files are synched to the raw videos, people would surely come forward and upload the files. And so I'm not worrying too much, and if it seems that it is not working, I can change the way in the future. Thank you for sending me a PM too.

I obtain a "Error 403 message - Access forbidden", is there anything wrong?

EDIT : Ok, the archive has been made private, that's why.
Last edited by kiddygrade on Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yakyu_girl

Postby yakyu_girl » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:55 pm

jif47 wrote:Right now we need some time to think about the best private way to handle the delivery .

What about a forum?
I think it's possible to make one restricted only to the timers.
Do you think that captions can be posted there?
And when subs are ready, they can be posted both in the forum and in their respective threads.
Currently watching: Fuyu no Sakura, Gaikoukan Kuroda Kousaku, Honboshi ~ Shinri Tokuso Jikenbo, Lady ~ Saigo no Hanzai Profile, Misaki Number One! , Quartet, School!, Taisetsuna Koto wa Subete Kimi ga Oshiete Kureta

jif47

Postby jif47 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:16 pm

ggenglish, I don't think you understand what is going on here. It is qop123 decision to make the archive private, not mine. Things have changed, that is it. Yes he thought two months ago to make it public like you say it but now is another time. It is also qop123 decision to decide the way to deliver it to people. I did my part of the job when I talked on his behalf in order to get one timer for each drama. If you don't agree with qop123 decision, sure feel free to tell him, I have no problem with it. We will then see who is hurfing a durf.

ggenglish

Postby ggenglish » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:39 pm

hmmm, hostility. you are right, i didn't understand what was going, i didn't realize access was restricted on purpose. i apologize if any one else was also offended by my ignorance.

kiddygrade

Postby kiddygrade » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:06 pm

ggenglish wrote:hmmm, hostility. you are right, i didn't understand what was going, i didn't realize access was restricted on purpose. i apologize if any one else was also offended by my ignorance.

I didn't realize it either. Anyway, the Japanese subtitles formerly given for public usage were really useful for fansubbers of all languages, and therefore I hereby express my thanks to qop123 and the team who made this possible.

jif47

Postby jif47 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:15 pm

Well , I have no hostility really. Let's just wait until something is decided for now.

furransu

Postby furransu » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:17 pm

I notice that http://qop123.hostwebs.com/ is currently using the free plan.

if bandwidth is the reason for the website to go private, i don't mind donating for the paid starter plan http://www.webs.com/pricing.htm :) it's only $3.75.. you get so much more bandwidth than the free plan

kiddygrade

Postby kiddygrade » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:50 am

furransu wrote:I notice that http://qop123.hostwebs.com/ is currently using the free plan.

Not for me: still the Eroor 403 message :mrgreen:

keroro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby keroro » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:48 pm

only those who time will be able to access the archive? what if i am willing to translate one of the still-not-taken dramas to english, could that grant me access? i retired from drama translating a few years ago, but this archive and access to japanese subtitles has become so important to me that i'd start again... my favorite series are kokuhatsu and fake, so i could do any of those... or even bartender, since i've been a fan of that for years. i guess the question is if one who is willing to translate new dramas to english could have access to the jap subs archive.

furransu

Postby furransu » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:38 am

Kokuhatsu japanese subs are already uploaded :)
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1358976

keroro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby keroro » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:46 am

if i translate the series, would i have access to the japanese subs database? there's a whole other dramas i watch, and i'd like to have the japanese subs for them, so translating one of the series could work as compensation for having access to the subtitles, or something. i'd really like to continue having the japanese subs for the available series. that's what i have to offer the drama community as compensation for it

furransu

Postby furransu » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:36 am

I believe the Japanese subs for all the dramas this season have already been covered.
(please refer to http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Qop123%27s_ ... es_Project)

To find the subs please find them in the Subtitles thread

keroro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby keroro » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:40 am

well, alright. thank you very much for your good work and time. having access to japanese subs has made dramas much more easier to understand, therefore enjoyable.

StonerPenguin

Postby StonerPenguin » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:54 pm

keroro wrote:well, alright. thank you very much for your good work and time. having access to japanese subs has made dramas much more easier to understand, therefore enjoyable.

Agreed :lol Has all the subtitles from Qop123 been uploaded here? Or are there still more in the private archive? I don't suppose anyone knows where to get Japanese subs for Hana Kimi or Nodame Cantabile...

Oh and I can't log in to DA from Mozilla FireFox D: Anyone else having this problem?

Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Keiko1981 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:06 pm

StonerPenguin wrote:
keroro wrote:well, alright. thank you very much for your good work and time. having access to japanese subs has made dramas much more easier to understand, therefore enjoyable.

Agreed :lol Has all the subtitles from Qop123 been uploaded here? Or are there still more in the private archive? I don't suppose anyone knows where to get Japanese subs for Hana Kimi or Nodame Cantabile...

Oh and I can't log in to DA from Mozilla FireFox D: Anyone else having this problem?

Index of subtitles posted on DA in different languanges:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/subtitles.php
Gifted Ones | Twitter | UL @ Nyaa | MyDramaList.com
Subbing: Ashita no Yakusoku, Inochi, Oshin, Seoul 1945
Where to find dramas & subtitles

qop123

Postby qop123 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:53 am

Hello~ :roll

Sorry for causing some concerns to all. I thought that nobody would care about anything even if the archive was down for a few days, and so I deliberately disable the access temporarily myself.

jif47 has been giving me some advice about some technical issues, because he has some expertise around that region, and I talked with him a little about how the things should go.

But it is not my wish nor intention to make the archive private. jif47 has been recommending me to put an access control method like User ID and Password, but I'm not necessarily in favor of his idea. My idea is that everyone should have access to the archive freely without any unnecessary restrictions. It is better that even thieves and murderers should have access to it. It is not like that the Japanese subs archive of DA is the ultimate goal of this Japanese subs project. This Japanese subs project is for the benefit of people, and if the general consensus of people demands that the archive should be provided freely, then, the archive should be provided in that way. A single entity can't know what is best for people no matter how wise he is, and that is the reason why we need to leave things free without any unnecessary restrictions, so that the best possible solution can be reached by people themselves.

Given that said, however, I'm shutting down the Qop123's Japanese Subtitles Project by the end of this month. My personal life has been getting busier and my personal interest has been changing, and it is my feeling that it is about time for me to recede from this thing. And there is the copy right issue as well. While I don't think that it is illegal to put out these Japanese subs, as there are not so many precedences of legal judgment with these newer matters, we don't know what could happen. Japan is like China with these copy right issues, and if they but will, they can arrest people as they choose, and I don't like that.

This thing was started personally by me, but there has been some constant help from other people as well through all this time, and I have transferred my knowledge and contacts to jif47 and ggenglish and some others, and so even if I shut down this Qop123's Japanese Subtitles Project, it is most likely that the files will continue to be provided by the end of this drama quarter, and maybe for some time after that as well. But that depends on jif47 and ggenglish and some others.

In all, I have pretty much enjoyed the great offerings from DA to this day, and I might not be able to come here so often as I used to. Thank you for all, and good luck for the future projects.

qop123

furransu

Postby furransu » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:19 am

Hi qop123,

Thanks for providing us the Japanese subs for past few seasons. I understand it must be tough to be providing all the subtitles for almost all the current dramas alone.

But hopefully someone else will be able to continue on with the capturing and providing of the Japanese subtitles for the remainder of the season as well as the future. Since these Japanese subs are really helpful for viewing and translating purposes :)

subie06
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby subie06 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:22 am

qop123, I just want to express my appreciation for sharing the Japanese subtitles with us all this time. I download dramas mainly for my mom, who is hard of hearing, and her enjoyment was greatly enhanced by your subtitles. Best of luck in your future endeavors, and again, thank you so much.

Like furransu, I too hope someone else will continue. I'm not sure if I can continue subbing without the timed Japanese subtitles.
Last edited by subie06 on Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

furransu

Postby furransu » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:32 am

Since qop123's website will be shutting down at the end of the month, we should still be getting another episode of subs for all the current dramas.

Afterward though, I should be able to provide Japanese subs using subs from embedded raws for the following dramas (if by then nobody still hasn't continued on with providing the Japanese subs):
Control, LADY, Akutou, Honboshi, Kokuhatsu, Gaikoukan Kuroda Kousaku

subie06
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby subie06 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:11 am

Great news, furransu! Your hard work is truly appreciated.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby arakira » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:59 am

Thank you qop123 for your message!!
I only want to express my thanks to you for all your efforts up till now.
I'm really grateful for the subs and relied heavily on them.
It's sad that you have to quit but I can understand your position. My best wishes to you!! :cheers:

Thanks to furansu for continuing those series - how do you do it btw?

I also hope sombody else has the capacity and will to continue providing us with Jap subs, especially for those drama furansu didn't mention.

Liubeibei

Postby Liubeibei » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:19 am

Many thanks, Qop123! Your hardwork is much appreciated!

ZeeSeeS
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby ZeeSeeS » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:54 am

Thanks Qop for whatever you have done until now and thanks furransu for what you've done in the past and will be doing now. Without the Japanese subs, translating would be much harder.

Return to “Subtitles”