Hanbun, Aoi [Eng Subs] (ep1-15 of 156) [ON HOLD]

You can find/upload subtitle files for tv drama series here.
Please use the Fansubbing forum to discuss subtitles.
in2sky

Re: Hanbun, Aoi [Eng Subs] (ep1-13 and 15 of 156) [DROPPED]

Postby in2sky » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:44 am

It's sad to see you off the project, but I'd like to thank you for the great work nonetheless :)
Are you going to work on other dramas? I mean, with other subbers.
Thx!!

Rick

Postby Rick » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:59 am

in2sky wrote:It's sad to see you off the project, but I'd like to thank you for the great work nonetheless :)
Are you going to work on other dramas? I mean, with other subbers.
Thx!!

To be honest, I'm kind of soured on the idea of any more collaborative projects. I see now that it was a mistake to do something where I put in a lot of time that was wasted if the others stopped contributing. If I do any more subs it'll probably be something very small and very easy that I can do on my own. That definitely rules out an asadora! Unfortunately that's all I really watch, so I'm effectively out of the subbing game.

in2sky

Postby in2sky » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:41 am

I understand. Well, other members of your sub group are welcome to chat here as well.

dhisashi

Postby dhisashi » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:04 pm

Thanks for your effort but an Asadora takes a lot of work to create English subs. Only the Australian "Tails" managed to sub 2 by himself, Hanako to Anne and Gouchisousan.

:-)

Madoka
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby Madoka » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:28 pm

As dhisashi said, subbing an asadora is really hard work.

Rick wrote:To be honest, I'm kind of soured on the idea of any more collaborative projects. I see now that it was a mistake to do something where I put in a lot of time that was wasted if the others stopped contributing. If I do any more subs it'll probably be something very small and very easy that I can do on my own. That definitely rules out an asadora! Unfortunately that's all I really watch, so I'm effectively out of the subbing game.

Since you seem to be motivated and committed, I think you would be able to collaborate with others easily, but with a different distribution of work. Here you split the episodes so a missing episode will stop the project in its tracks. I think you would do well if you, say, translated and someone else timed and QC'd, for example. It's true that if the timer were a flake about work that would stop the project too, but I think you'd figure that out earlier. It would also be easier to deal with just one other person. As a timer, I get motivated when the translator sends me a new script. This is because I try to work on projects I like so I want to watch that episode too! I also hate typing, which is why I time. LOL.

Nabbit

Postby Nabbit » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:52 pm

Rick, thank you very much and to the other subbers on your team for your valiant efforts.

kitty10

Postby kitty10 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:04 pm

Thank you for your efforts so far, appreciate it :) Sorry to see that the project is dropped. Hopefully someone else can step in.
:heart: 玉木宏、藤木直人、佐藤健... 大好き! :heart:

blog

NewKDramaAddict

Postby NewKDramaAddict » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:02 pm

Damn I wish I knew the language....all I can contribute is QC the English. Asadoras are a big project that is definitely hard for one person who is faithful. I totally understand. But don't be discouraged; try smaller projects. There are so many that get overlooked and never done. I'm still bummed about Orphan Black not being done. Don't give up! I'll look forward to your next solo project. :salut:

catstreet

Postby catstreet » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:41 pm

Aw, it's a shame you had to drop this but thank you so much for your efforts! I imagine an asadora is a lot of hard work and we're definitely grateful for your contribution :)

spinee

Postby spinee » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:36 pm

sorry to see it come to an end, but completely understand. it is a HUGE job, and trying to go it on your own is probably a recipe for madness. but your work is much appreciated and hope you can find more manageable projects that you'll enjoy. thank you!

wozdav00

Postby wozdav00 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:06 pm

Thank you to all those who have contributed to this project so far. While it is currently marked as Dropped, here's hoping that it might be added to the list of other asadoras like Teppan and Toto Nee-chan which are ongoing albeit at a slow pace. While some asadoras attract enough interest that perhaps a whole consortium works on them, I don't think individuals should be discouraged from continuing a project like this so long as they set achievable goals and work on it when time and interest allows. Having said that, I wish I had something to contribute myself! But I am very grateful for those who do work on these subs...

Rick

Postby Rick » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:41 am

wozdav00 wrote:Thank you to all those who have contributed to this project so far. While it is currently marked as Dropped, here's hoping that it might be added to the list of other asadoras like Teppan and Toto Nee-chan which are ongoing albeit at a slow pace. While some asadoras attract enough interest that perhaps a whole consortium works on them, I don't think individuals should be discouraged from continuing a project like this so long as they set achievable goals and work on it when time and interest allows. Having said that, I wish I had something to contribute myself! But I am very grateful for those who do work on these subs...

Thanks for the information! I didn't know someone was subbing Toto Neechan. I watched that at the time and really enjoyed it. I'll see if there's anything I can do to help out with that effort.

Ginia1991

Re: Hanbun, Aoi [Eng Subs] (ep1-13 and 15 of 156) [ON HOLD]

Postby Ginia1991 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:25 am

Hey everyone,

Sorry this was marked as dropped, it isn't, it's just on hold. I know it's my fault since I didn't post any updates here for a while and Rick, who was the only one of our team active on this thread, announced that he quit.
However, I never planned on dropping this, I really love this Asadora and really want to see it subbed.
When I first announced that I was going to sub it, I thought I would have time to do so, but sometimes life just doesn't go exactly as planned and a lot of things got in the way. So, Rick was pretty much left alone with a lot of work, because we couldn't work at the same pace and it is sad, but completely understandable that he quit.
Nontheless, as soon as things calm down me (and kerrrrupuk once she has the time again) are going to continue with this project. It might take while, but I think that's still better than if it was never getting any subs at all.

On that note, if anyone else wants to take on this project, feel free to do so. As I said, I just want to see this it subbed :)

catstreet

Postby catstreet » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:50 pm

Thanks for the update! I'd be really happy to see this subbed either way, even if it takes longer than usual :) It seems like a really enjoyable asadora and I love the casting so much! Hope life calms down for you soon and appreciate your hard work so far! :salut:

SoupKitchenInMyPants

Postby SoupKitchenInMyPants » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:08 pm

I attempted a translation of episode 14 since it was missing. I've attached it to this post. I've never translated anything before so it's very rough. I did not attempt to translate the theme song. The subtitles are delayed by about 30 seconds.

Edit: Rick was nice enough to fix the timing delay on my subtitles so I've attached the resynced version as well.

2nd edit: When I did this translation a couple days ago this thread was marked "DROPPED" if it had been marked "ON HOLD" at the time I would have asked first since I don't want to step on anybody's toes. My Japanese comprehension isn't good but I have lots of free time and would be happy to continue working on this show. If it's okay for me to pick this up where others left off then I can start by finishing the rough draft subs for week 2 and go from there.
Attachments
半分、青い。#014 English resync.srt
(12.96 KiB) Downloaded 26 times

SoupKitchenInMyPants

Postby SoupKitchenInMyPants » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:32 pm

I edited the episode 7 subtitles. 22 Lines were changed. There are still some mistakes but it should be a bit better now. I attached it to this post.

I don't know if I'm gonna work on this anymore. Even though my Japanese is atrocious I do enjoy trying to translate stuff. But I started working on this show because it was marked "DROPPED". I really don't want to get involved in a collaborative project. I'm especially uncomfortable with making changes to other people's work. I think I'll try to find something obscure that no one else would possibly want to translate and use that as my first project.
Attachments
Hanbun, Aoi #007 SoupKitchen edit.ass
(18.56 KiB) Downloaded 24 times

TiduShoko

Postby TiduShoko » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:51 pm

SoupKitchenInMyPants wrote:I attempted a translation of episode 14 since it was missing. I've attached it to this post. I've never translated anything before so it's very rough. I did not attempt to translate the theme song. The subtitles are delayed by about 30 seconds.

Edit: Rick was nice enough to fix the timing delay on my subtitles so I've attached the resynced version as well.

2nd edit: When I did this translation a couple days ago this thread was marked "DROPPED" if it had been marked "ON HOLD" at the time I would have asked first since I don't want to step on anybody's toes. My Japanese comprehension isn't good but I have lots of free time and would be happy to continue working on this show. If it's okay for me to pick this up where others left off then I can start by finishing the rough draft subs for week 2 and go from there.

Hello! Thanks for Episode 14!

Ginia said on a post above: "On that note, if anyone else wants to take on this project, feel free to do so. As I said, I just want to see this it subbed"

So I think it would be good if you want to continue with the subtitles!!
AKB48 Group fan~
I really love J-drama! ---> http://mydramalist.com/dramalist/Tidu96

Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Hanbun, Aoi [Eng Subs] (ep1-15 of 156) [ON HOLD]

Postby Keiko1981 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:12 pm

MOD
Updated first post with Hanbun, Aoi week 2 subs archive, subs by Rick and SoupKitchenInMyPants. And single episodes for week 3. Archive will be added when week 3 is complete.
Jdrama Fansub Maps | Kdrama Fansub Maps

:w00t: Vote for Jdrama of the Week :w00t:
Seeding until Aug 19th Gift

Gifted Ones | Twitter
Subbing: Inochi, Oshin, Seoul 1945, Takane no Hana

RabiaZubair

Postby RabiaZubair » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:57 pm

thanks a lot for subbin this drama... it was on my watch list from a long time... just had to ask that till when are you gonna catchup with the raws? i mean theyre on week 17 maybe... and the subs are till week 3... not bein rude.. just asking cuz its gonna be difficult for me to be patient after i catchup with you on the subbed eps... :D :D :D

wozdav00

Postby wozdav00 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:28 am

Thank you to those who are still keeping this project in view despite it being officially 'on hold' at this stage. We saw a bit of it (unsubbed of course) while in Japan in May, and really hope to see it completed in the future. It looks like a lovely dorama.

tekkichan

Postby tekkichan » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:11 am

Thank you for all who keep working on this project :cheers:

j_halo7

Postby j_halo7 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:01 pm

RabiaZubair wrote:thanks a lot for subbin this drama... it was on my watch list from a long time... just had to ask that till when are you gonna catchup with the raws? i mean theyre on week 17 maybe... and the subs are till week 3... not bein rude.. just asking cuz its gonna be difficult for me to be patient after i catchup with you on the subbed eps... :D :D :D

I highly recommend you just go ahead and watch the raws. Even if week 4 subs comes out soon, from the looks of it, I think it'll take a while for the next week's subs to be available. This drama is too good, you probably won't be able to be patient once you start watching. The cuteness in episodes 112 and 113 (week 19) is worth watching raw. :wub:
Now watching: Too many to count. XD

RabiaZubair

Postby RabiaZubair » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:11 pm

j_halo7 wrote:
RabiaZubair wrote:thanks a lot for subbin this drama... it was on my watch list from a long time... just had to ask that till when are you gonna catchup with the raws? i mean theyre on week 17 maybe... and the subs are till week 3... not bein rude.. just asking cuz its gonna be difficult for me to be patient after i catchup with you on the subbed eps... :D :D :D

I highly recommend you just go ahead and watch the raws. Even if week 4 subs comes out soon, from the looks of it, I think it'll take a while for the next week's subs to be available. This drama is too good, you probably won't be able to be patient once you start watching. The cuteness in episodes 112 and 113 (week 19) is worth watching raw. :wub:

hahahha i see... well i hope i can understand what theyre saying.. lol obviously i wont be able to tho but just like 10 to 20% might help me too LOL... im on the 14th ep atm tho.. first week was quite difficultto watch tho.. like it was very different and weird.. lol not the whole week but i guess the first three to four eps.. later on yah.... ive been binge watching.. i better sleep now tho.. it s12am here...