How often should the Series of the Week / Month take place?

talk about and vote for the Series of the Week and Month

Every week
15%
Every two weeks
51%
Once a month
34%

Total votes: 41

Sorvaseven

Postby Sorvaseven » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:29 am

Please let me know how often should the Japanese Series of the Week / Month take place?

I think every week is too short to find volunteer seeders and i also think that one week is too short for watching a drama.

manchero

series of the fortnight

Postby manchero » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:06 am

not as catchy, but 2 weeks does seem more manageable

Raida|23

Postby Raida|23 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:24 pm

As OP said, sometimes one week is too short to watch a drama, especially if work/life kicks in. So I voted 2 weeks, seems more reasonable.

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby k361 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:35 pm

I think two weeks is a good choice.

You can consider to make the seeding/voting period from saturday to saturday or halfmonthly (1-15, 16-30/31).

ices56

Postby ices56 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:25 pm

Two weeks is good, and if anybody can, kindly seed the nominated series during the time as well. :)

Sorvaseven

Postby Sorvaseven » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:28 pm

It seems every two weeks will win the vote. Nevertheless we need more volunteer seeders to run the SoTW! For the next one i have still no one :(

HAVA-RAVA

Postby HAVA-RAVA » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:23 pm

I can seed Be-Bop High School 1-2 RAWs if someone tells me how to create a torrent...

Phillykat

Postby Phillykat » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:35 am

Sorvaseven wrote:It seems every two weeks will win the vote. Nevertheless we need more volunteer seeders to run the SoTW! For the next one i have still no one :(

The problem is people are downloading and disappearing. They're not even seeding to a 1:1 ratio. I don't know if it's selfishness or what, but just because the initial person is still seeding doesn't mean everyone who has grabbed the files should not. I doubt you or anyone else can fix it because most of us who take the time to participate in a thread or vote, seed (at least that's my hope). I've actually told a couple of people who come here less than I do that you are attempting to pump life back into JSotW. I hope that increases participation. Like me they kind of disappeared when all the series of the __ disappeared.

Drazic
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby Drazic » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:39 am

Phillykat wrote:
Sorvaseven wrote:It seems every two weeks will win the vote. Nevertheless we need more volunteer seeders to run the SoTW! For the next one i have still no one :(

The problem is people are downloading and disappearing. They're not even seeding to a 1:1 ratio. I don't know if it's selfishness or what, but just because the initial person is still seeding doesn't mean everyone who has grabbed the files should not. I doubt you or anyone else can fix it because most of us who take the time to participate in a thread or vote, seed (at least that's my hope). I've actually told a couple of people who come here less than I do that you are attempting to pump life back into JSotW. I hope that increases participation. Like me they kind of disappeared when all the series of the __ disappeared.

I don't really care myself. I don't even bother checking if the torrents I have are getting hit and run a lot because the main reason I'm doing these torrents is to get the files to people. Ideally they'd also seed but if there are some people who don't then whatever. I have a seedbox and even if nobody seeded I'd probably be able to keep these torrents alive just fine.

For Toubousha however, If I recall correctly it only had me and maybe 2/3 others seeding before it became series of the week and now it has 10 seeders so some people do stay on the torrent to seed. Probably a lot less than the total amount of people who downloaded but that's fine. You kinda need those people too, not having those people is why getting a good ratio can be pretty hard on some private trackers.

Return to “Series of the Week/Month”