Japanese Series of the Week (08/20/2011) - Erai Tokoro ni T.

talk about and vote for the Series of the Week and Month

Which drama should be the next JSoTW?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:09 am

Erai Tokoro ni Totsuide Shimatta!
59%
Oishii Gohan
41%

Total votes: 54

Sorvaseven

Japanese Series of the Week (08/20/2011) - Erai Tokoro ni T.

Postby Sorvaseven » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:09 am

Japanese Series of the Week

(08/20/2011)

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to our third poll of the new Japanese Series of the Week!
This time we have only two dramas for our poll :-( .
Please enjoy the vote and feel free to be a volunteer seeder for our next JSoTW!
Thanks to k361 to be a volunteer seeder for this JSoTW, without him all this would not be possible.

>>CLOSED<< And the winner is: Erai Tokoro ni Totsuide Shimatta! - torrent with 59% !

Thanks k361 for seeding!

Next Japanese Series of the Week can be found here: (09/03/2011)

VOTE for the next JSoTW above
(This poll will run till 20 August 2011)
This week's nominees are:
Erai Tokoro ni Totsuide Shimatta! - torrent - subs
Oishii Gohan - torrent

NOMINATE future JSoTWs below

Information and rules for the Japanese Series of the Week:

* What is the Japanese Series of the Week (SoTW)? (Some aspects are not up-to-date anymore)
* Nominate only completed Japanese dramas with completed English subtitles!
* You must have at least 10 posts to vote.
* You can always reply on the current Japanese Series of the Week thread or PM me if you want to be a volunteer seeder for a particular drama for the next Japanese Series of the Week.. I will only choose the first four volunteer seeders for one poll! If there are already four volunteer seeders for a poll, i will write it on this thread. Then it isn't necessary anymore to reply here or write me a PM if you are willing to seed a drama for the next JSoTW. Of course you can reply for FUTURE JSoTW, but please remark it!
* It is always helpful, if people can help out seeding the drama which won the vote!
* It is allowed to post requests, but no guaranty for nomination as long as nobody want to be a volunteer seeder for the requested drama.

Wall of Fame (volunteer seeders of previous Japanese Series of the Week - if you don't want to be mentioned, please PM me):

[spoiler]k361[/spoiler]
Previous Japanese Series of the Week (beginning in 2011):

[spoiler]Pure
Orange Days[/spoiler]

Please remember: D-Addicts was started for the community, and being a part of the community means sharing! If you don't share, then everyone loses. D-addicts works much better if you share as others have shared with you.
Last edited by Sorvaseven on Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MoerkJ » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:40 pm

Hi Sorvaseven,
thanks for starting a SotW revival. :thumleft:
I have added a little promo text box on the torrent page. Nothing fancy but maybe it will attract some more contributors. :wink:

Sorvaseven

Postby Sorvaseven » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:10 pm

Haha, thank you for the promo MoerkJ :lol ! My best regards... :salut:

Romance

Postby Romance » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:52 am

Fun to see this back! Hope people will participate :-)

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby k361 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:39 pm

We still need supporter, who are willing to seed a drama a week.

Make your favorite dramas more popular and nominate it for the next poll.

Silgari

Postby Silgari » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:36 am

Yay! I didn't know Japanese Series of the Week was working again! Yay!

Sorvaseven

Postby Sorvaseven » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:06 pm

Due to technical problems k361 may be not able to seed Erai Tokoro ni Totsuide Shimatta! or Oishii Gohan dependable for the next week. So please be patient and indulgent till the technical problems are solved.

As k361 wrote before: We still need supporter, who are willing to seed a drama a week.

You can always reply on the current Japanese Series of the Week thread or PM me if you want to be a volunteer seeder for a particular drama for the next Japanese Series of the Week. I will only choose the first four volunteer seeders for one poll! If there are already four volunteer seeders for a poll, i will write it on this thread. Then it isn't necessary anymore to reply here or write me a PM if you are willing to seed a drama for the next JSoTW. Of course you can reply for FUTURE JSoTW, but please remark it!

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby k361 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:15 pm

Sorry, todays my internet failed for hours and the technican will come next week to change cable modem and check wiring.

It works fine at the moment, but i had short disconnects in the last days. So i can not garantue seeding untl the technican was here.

Sorvaseven

Postby Sorvaseven » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:27 am

We need in 48 hours volunteer seeders for our next poll. Untill now we have 0. If we have no seeders till Saturday there will be no JSoTW.

Sorvaseven

Postby Sorvaseven » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:54 am

negonicrac is so kind to help out seeding Erai Tokoro ni Totsuide Shimatta! Thank you!

Please nominate future dramas for tomorrow, untill now we habe still zero dramas for our next poll.

SomeCallMeChris

Postby SomeCallMeChris » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:22 am

Well, I can't possibly vote since I haven't seen the dramas in question, but I'll certainly say that two dramas that deserve nominations would be

Nodame Cantabile
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Nodame_Cantabile

Yankee-kun to Megane-chan
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Yankee-kun_to_Megane-chan

I think both of them are pretty much perpetually seeded -anyway- but I can't imagine finding seeders will be a problem. I'm not in a position to do anything about Nodame at the moment but I'm sure there will be a seed for 'Yankee-kun to Megane-chan'.

I'd had no idea this had restarted, but then again, I generally only peek at the japanese drama forum to see what the hot topic is and if it sounds interesting to me. If it hasn't been done yet, it might be worth posting into all the Japanese and Japanese drama related forums that this has restarted. It'd be a shame to see it fade away again just because people didn't know it was happening!

(Also ... series of the month might have better longevity than series of the week. There aren't 52 great Japanese Dramas made every year, I'm sorry to say. 12 is more likely. So either you'll have repeats of the same top-ten list, or disallow repeats and run out of worthy candidates sooner or later.)

Sorvaseven

Postby Sorvaseven » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:19 am

SomeCallMeChris wrote:(Also ... series of the month might have better longevity than series of the week.

You're are right. I get this thought this week too, so the next poll will run for two weeks and i will create a poll to let the community vote how often the JSoTW should be done.

kitty10

Postby kitty10 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:29 am

Sorvaseven wrote:You're are right. I get this thought this week too, so the next poll will run for two weeks and i will create a poll to let the community vote how often the JSoTW should be done.

How about letting the runner-up drama be seeded as well? Say four dramas are up for voting, X wins with the most votes, but Y comes in second, so maybe let Y be seeded for two weeks after X's 2-week run is over. Then you won't run out of dramas so quickly. Would that work?
:heart: 玉木宏、藤木直人、佐藤健... 大好き! :heart:

blog

Sorvaseven

Postby Sorvaseven » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:44 am

Hm, this could be work, but i will wait what the opinion of the most community members is. Look at the new poll in the Series of the Week/Month section. In two or more weeks i will came up with a conclusion...

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby k361 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:24 am

My internet work fine at the moment (only one short interrupt for 2 minutes in 24 hours).

I seed Erai Tokoro 704 and 1280x720 (you can find 1280x720 files also in another seeded batch)

manchero

Postby manchero » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:10 am

re volunteer seeders... do you require people to seed 24/7? my seeding is interrupted by a 6hour auto disconnect on my mobile broadband.

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby k361 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:18 am

I think there is no fix rule for the online time.

But a seeder should be able to upload the drama at least once (better two or three times) in the seeding period.
It could be happen that you are the only seeder at the begining.

In example, I seeded a ratio less then 1,9 for Orange Days (because there was many seeding support), but have a ratio of 3-4 for the running Erai Tokoro drama. About 49 GB (includes 720 version and the week before the poll) until now.

Sorvaseven

Postby Sorvaseven » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:30 am

k361 explained it well, thanks ;-)

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby k361 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:31 pm

some kind of bonus:

Haikei OO San (Yanawarabaa) -- Theme from Erai Tokoro ni Totsuide Shimatta! (mp3, 7.92 MB)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GK7C8NBA
http://hotfile.com/dl/127876649/6645f7c/Erai_Tokoro_ni_Totsuide_Shimatta_-_Haikei_OO_San_-_Yanawarabaa.mp3.html

nintecninja

Postby nintecninja » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:52 pm

Thanks for the seed/upload! I am getting them now, so I'll volunteer to seed for as long as I can. Currently at 30% of my upload/download use from my internet provider.

Return to “Series of the Week/Month”