A NEW START of the Japanese Series of the Week in 2011

talk about and vote for the Series of the Week and Month
Sorvaseven

A NEW START of the Japanese Series of the Week in 2011

Postby Sorvaseven » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:01 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use always the current Japanese Series of the Week thread to nominate dramas!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Project: NEW START of Japanese Series of the Week

Hey everybody,

It's been over one year ago since there is no longer Japanese Series of the Week. I liked it a lot, because I've discovered many new dramas. Unfortunately, the old members and moderators no longer felt able to do it, had other commitments or disappeared and nobody stepped forward to keep it going. The infrastructure has also changed since then: It's no longer own tracker on d-addicts and therefore it is no longer possible to see which torrents are not seeded anymore. Therefore, a reason for this event no longer exists, but there's the other reason, namely to discover new dramas. For this reason, I am ready to take over the organization, at least for a while. To open a thread to create a poll, etc. However, all this is not possible without the volunteer seeders! If you're ready to seed a particular drama of your choice, then reply here (not anymore - please use the current Japanese Series of the Week thread) or write me a PM and I will sit you in with your drama on the voting list. If your drama will be chosen as the winner, then you have to seed this drama for at least one week as often as you can!

That's my idea for a timetable to launch JSoTW again:

July 26 - July 30.: Reply or write me a PM if you are willing to seed a drama.

July 30 - August 6: The poll is open for one week.

August 6 - August 13: The winner must seed his drama for at least one week.

August 6 - August 13: Next poll will be running if there are enough volunteer seeders :P

You can always reply or PM me if you want to be a volunteer seeder for a particular drama for the next Japanese Series of the Week/Month. I will only choose the first four volunteer seeders for one poll! If there are already four volunteer seeders for a poll, i will write it on the current thread. Then it isn't necessary anymore to reply or write me a PM if you are willing to seed a drama for THIS JSoTW. Of course you can reply for the NEXT JSoTW, but please remark it!

Rules for nominating/voting JSoTW:
* Nominate only Japanese dramas with completed English subtitles.

* You must have at least 10 posts to vote.

So what are you thinking about it? I think it is the easiest way to restart JSoTW.... if there are enough volunteer seeders :-)
Last edited by Sorvaseven on Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:48 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Drazic
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby Drazic » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:29 pm

I have Keibuho Yabe Kenzo, Shukumei 1969-2010, Toubousha and Untouchable (only the HR version of course xD) loaded in my seedbox so any of those could work. Seeding wouldn't be a problem at all. I've already been seeding them for weeks/months so compared to that a week is nothing lol.

Since it's a seedbox I could pretty much do the seeding on my own as well. I can get about 8 mbyte max out of it so that should be plenty.

Sorvaseven

Postby Sorvaseven » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:13 pm

Thank's Drazic, i will PM you in the next few days, so please stay tuned ;-)

Sorvaseven

Postby Sorvaseven » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:34 am

Up to the present we have two great volunteer seeders for our first new JSoTW. If both of them give me a last "go", i will create the poll which will be end at the 6th August. Therefore it is not necessary anymore to nominate dramas for this voting, but please feel free to nominate dramas for future JSoTW :-).

milest

Postby milest » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:46 am

I can also seed, my upload isn't stellar but I can get a stable 80kB/s (~1Mb) all day (except when my router crashes, then I'll restart it in the morning), which should be more than enough to upload a whole drama in a week if everybody also seed. I've some dramas stocked in different places, and I can easily upload one to my router for seeding, as long as there's a couple of days between the vote end and the time the seeding is supposed to start. I've got none on the drama on your new pool though ;)

What kind of dramas are you thinking about? Is it only hard subs, or softsub too? Previously, it was old series without any seeders left, though on the pool you made there's a 2010 serial. Here's a rough list of dramas, some hardsubbed and some softsubbed:

14 Sai no Haha
1 Litre of Tears
Ai no Uta
Akai Ito
A million stars
Atashinchi no Danshi
Boku no Aruku Michi
Bokutatchi no Sensou
Boku to Kanojo to Kanojo no Ikiru Michi
Change
Chuushingura.avi
Code Blue
Dare Yori mo Mama wo Aisu
Dragonzakura
Engine
Enka no Joou
Gokusen
Hagetaka
Hanazakari
Hero
Ima, Ai ni Yukimasu
Juken no Kamisama
Karei naru ichizoku
Kaze no Garden
Life (ライフ)
Love GenerationMedaka
Mother
My Boss My Hero
My Girl
Nobuta wo produce
Nodame
Omiai Kekkon
Oniyome Nikki
Orange_Days
Papa to Musume
Pride
Saigo no Koi
Seito Shokun
Sekai no Chuushin de
Shiawase ni Naritai
Shiroi Haru
Story of one Century
Teppan Shoujo Akane
The Cherry Orchard
Yankee Bokou ni Kaeru
Yankee-kun to Megane-chan

I've tried removing the most recent, but some might still be in the list.

Sorvaseven

Postby Sorvaseven » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:45 am

milest wrote:I can also seed [...]

What kind of dramas are you thinking about? Is it only hard subs, or softsub too? Previously, it was old series without any seeders left, though on the pool you made there's a 2010 serial.

Thank's a lot! I think the community would appreciate it, if you can nominate and seed a drama for our next JSoTW! Till now there is no official volunteer seeder for our next JSoTW beginning 6th August. It would be the best if you can nominate a drama which has no other seeders so far or - and that's my suggestion - an old one like "A million stars..." or "Love Generation" (both with Kimutaku :P ).

Generally it doesn't matter if it is an old or new drama. I would appreciate to have a mix at every poll and by trend it's better to have old ones (90's, beginning 200x), because it's harder to get them on d-addicts. Hard subs or Soft subs are both ok, as long as the subs are completed and available at d-addicts.

:-)

Y_T

Postby Y_T » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:05 am

i am currently seeding all of the following and plan to seed indefinately...

Brother Beat
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... +all&sort=

Prisoner

Dare Yori mo Mama wo Aisu Ep 1-11 Complete (704x396 DivX6)
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_54970.htm

Ushi ni negai wo - Eng Hardsubbed [BON]

milest

Postby milest » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:21 pm

Sorvaseven wrote:
milest wrote:I can also seed [...]
Thank's a lot! I think the community would appreciate it, if you can nominate and seed a drama for our next JSoTW! Till now there is no official volunteer seeder for our next JSoTW beginning 6th August. It would be the best if you can nominate a drama which has no other seeders so far or - and that's my suggestion - an old one like "A million stars..." or "Love Generation" (both with Kimutaku :P ).

I checked for A Million Stars and Love Generation, and both of them have 2 or more seeders. I'll try to check other torrents and see if there's one that's not seeded anymore

Sorvaseven

Postby Sorvaseven » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:03 pm

GREAT ! :-)

milest

Postby milest » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:17 am

Sorvaseven wrote:Thank's a lot! I think the community would appreciate it, if you can nominate and seed a drama for our next JSoTW! Till now there is no official volunteer seeder for our next JSoTW beginning 6th August.

I checked a few of the first dramas on my list, and the one that didn't have any seeders for a few days was 14 Sai no Haha, a very good drama, so I can nominate this one.l

While I'll be home till the middle of next week, I'll then most probably be away till the end of August, so I won't be able to seed the week you're thinking of. You can include me in the poll done from 29/08 to 4/09, with a seeding starting the 5th of September. If you lack offers at that time, you can include some other dramas on my list (Ai no Uta, Boku no Aruku Michi, Engine...) till you've got a poll of 4 choices.

Sorvaseven

Postby Sorvaseven » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:49 pm

milest wrote:You can include me in the poll done from 29/08 to 4/09, with a seeding starting the 5th of September. If you lack offers at that time, you can include some other dramas on my list (Ai no Uta, Boku no Aruku Michi, Engine...) till you've got a poll of 4 choices.

Thank's a lot! Will make a notice on my calendar :-)

Please use always the current Japanese Series of the Week thread to nominate dramas!

Phillykat

Postby Phillykat » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:32 am

Just wanted to say thanks Soravaseven for stepping up. I know last year a bunch of us volunteered to help but never got called upon. I just ganked a crapload of dramas that I liked but didn't want to keep. I'll see what I have. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks. :cheers:

Return to “Series of the Week/Month”