34%

Total votes: 29

Sorvaseven

Japanese Series of the Week (11/03/2012) - Ai no + With Love

Postby Sorvaseven » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:08 am

Japanese Series of the Week

(11/03/2012)

This poll will run for two weeks.
Please enjoy the vote and feel free to be a volunteer seeder for our next JSoTW ;-).
Thanks to fobdstn and k361 to be volunteer seeders for this JSoTW, without him/her all this would not be possible.

>>CLOSED<< And the winner are: Ai no Uta - torrent and With Love - torrent with both 30% !

Thanks fobdstn (With Love) and k361 (Ai no Uta) for seeding!

VOTE for the next JSoTW above
(This poll will run till 03 November 2012)
This week's nominees are:
Ai no Uta - torrent
Dance Drill - torrent
With Love - torrent
Yamada Taro Monogatari - torrent

NOMINATE future JSoTWs below

Information and rules for the Japanese Series of the Week:

* What is the Japanese Series of the Week (SoTW)? (Some aspects are not up-to-date anymore)
* Nominate only completed Japanese dramas that you can seed completely by yourself with completed English subtitles!
* You must have at least 10 posts to vote.
* You can always reply on the current Japanese Series of the Week thread or PM me if you want to be a volunteer seeder for a particular drama for the next Japanese Series of the Week.. I will only choose the first four volunteer seeders for one poll! If there are already four volunteer seeders for a poll, i will write it on this thread. Then it isn't necessary anymore to reply here or write me a PM if you are willing to seed a drama for the next JSoTW. Of course you can reply for FUTURE JSoTW, but please remark it!
* It is always helpful, if people can help out seeding the drama which won the vote!
* It is allowed to post requests, but no guaranty for nomination as long as nobody want to be a volunteer seeder for the requested drama.

Wall of Fame (volunteer seeders of previous Japanese Series of the Week - if you don't want to be mentioned, please PM me):

[spoiler]k361
Drazic
fobdstn[/spoiler]
Previous Japanese Series of the Week (beginning in 2011):

[spoiler]Pure
Orange Days
Erai Tokoro ni Totsuide Shimatta!
Tobosha
Saigo no Koi
Aoi Tori (L'oiseau Bleu)
Kimi no Te ga Sasayaite Iru
Yasashii Jikan
Papa to Musume no Nanokakan
Over Time
Konna Koi no Hanashi
Koi ga Shitai
Suekko Chonan Ane Sannin
Anata no Tonari ni Dareka Iru
Virgin Road
M no Higeki
Slow Dance
Big Wing
Koibumi (Love Letters ~Men We Have Loved~)
Houkago
Guilty Akuma to Keiyakushita Onna
Fumo Chitai (2009)
Iguana no Musume
Mahiru no Tsuki
Love Complex
Yama Onna Kabe Onna
[/spoiler]**********

Please remember: D-Addicts was started for the community, and being a part of the community means sharing! If you don't share, then everyone loses. D-addicts works much better if you share as others have shared with you.
Last edited by Sorvaseven on Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gokidora

Postby gokidora » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:24 pm

Anybody have a theory on why there are now about 14 people voting on these each week, down from an average of 180 or so in years past and 250+ back in '05? Seems to reflect the decline of the community aspect of D-A as a whole, which I also don't understand.

SillyCoCo

Postby SillyCoCo » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:38 pm

Well I think it could be due to many of the new people don't have any opinion or any information on all these old dramas to vote on imho.

Moreover some of the old dramas are now being made into batches and maybe some are still busy downloading those to take on more dramas. It's been mentioned that they are downloading tooo maaaany dramas now. :lol

Soul Crusher

Postby Soul Crusher » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:53 pm

Deleted. Forget I said anything.
Last edited by Soul Crusher on Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby k361 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:05 pm

I believe, most drama consumer are only downloading/collecting the series. Maybe watch it sometimes. They are passive at d-a (most of them have no account here)
They don't share files (used to DDL sites methods) or information and they don't care about the uploader/subber (maybe with anoying demands).

Why should they participate and discuss in a community of drama fans like d-a?

People can vote even they don't know the show. Based on the wiki information choose a favorite drama. This drama will get more seeds and can be shared easier.
Please share your files after download. Thank you.
Behind every peer is a drama fan

Sorvaseven

Postby Sorvaseven » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:46 pm

gokidora wrote:Anybody have a theory on why there are now about 14 people voting on these each week, down from an average of 180 or so in years past and 250+ back in '05?
Maybe...

- more offer of other drama sites, so the dwell time on DA declines?
- most people think the voting is still dead?
- DA has no more an own tracker, so the voting is only one of the thousands "discover a new drama" thread?
- too many batches and too busy downloading a "reservoir of dramas" as mentioned before?

DragonSpikeXIII

Postby DragonSpikeXIII » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:34 pm

I hear you guys!

We must endure and keep this very community alive. I used to be an anonymous leecher years ago but I've since learned the importance of participating, even if just to say thanks, give my two cents on a drama, vote on polls or, last but not least, SEED!

<3 D-Addicts <3

fobdstn

Postby fobdstn » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:43 pm

I think it's related to the fact that most people have fatter bandwidth today than they used to have. That makes it easier to get series. Combine it with the DDL links and there isn't the sense of anticipation of getting a series anymore.

In the old days you really wanted a series to win so that it would get seeded and you could grab a copy.

Nowadays, many people are used to instant gratification.

Gir

Postby Gir » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:58 pm

Well, I haven't voted in the last few ones because the choices have been ones that I already have or didn't want. And I didn't want to just vote for "my favorite" against people who really wanted one of the others.
If you can remain calm while all around you others are panicking... Then you obviously have not adequately assessed the situation.

isabelh2o2
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby isabelh2o2 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:07 pm

I agree with Gir; that's why I haven voted in the last several rounds. In this batch, I really liked Dance Drill (but partly because I was amused by the fact that one character was nearly a head taller than the others, but no one ever commented on it; and was she the one who had to use a crutch that was so small she had to hunch over to walk?) It has been awhile since I viewed it, but think others might like it too. I have (but not yet watched) two of the others and the third looks like something that wouldn't rank high with me. So, I'm going to let people who really want one or another of them to do the voting this time.

I appreciate the efforts of the volunteer seeders, though. Thanks, guys (and gals)!

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby k361 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:27 pm

I think some arguments in the last posts can be one reason for the recent passivity at d-a

Also keep in mind, the internet and it contain supply change over the time.
newsgroup, webboards, homepages lose visits, all-in-one sites like facebook, google+, win visits.

On other hand is it easy to start a community by copying the contains of an other page.
I saw many blogs with copy of torrents created at d-a, boards with subfile collections (by adfly links :()

There will be no single reason why things change in internet, but a bunch of trends.

@isabelh2o2: I like DanceDrill for it easygoing story. I am a fan of movie like Swing Girl, Hula Girls, Water Boys, too
Please share your files after download. Thank you.

Behind every peer is a drama fan

UsagiYojimbo
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Postby UsagiYojimbo » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:22 pm

Before voting I had to check, whether it is not Ai no Uta!...
ÁzsiaiFeliratok.hu | AvistaZ (AsiaTorrents) meghívók | MDL.info

Gir

Postby Gir » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:56 pm

UsagiYojimbo wrote:Before voting I had to check, whether it is not Ai no Uta!...

Nope it's not Ai no Uta! it's Ai no Uta. Image

The ! makes all the difference, don't you love it when they name different dramas so similar.
If you can remain calm while all around you others are panicking... Then you obviously have not adequately assessed the situation.

DragonSpikeXIII

Postby DragonSpikeXIII » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:56 pm

It's kind of a generic name, but when in doubt guys, trust the hyperlink in the first post! :)

miyachanfan

Postby miyachanfan » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:00 pm

I love this section! I'm unfamiliar with older doramas, so here I get a chance to be introduced to some of them you guys seem to appreciate. Out of these, I only knew Yamada Taro, but now I'm also quite interested in Ai no Uta and With Love. It's not the first time I found a few pearls while doing just that! :D

Thanks a lot!!! :3

DMCpawn

Postby DMCpawn » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:36 pm

gokidora wrote:Anybody have a theory on why there are now about 14 people voting on these each week, down from an average of 180 or so in years past and 250+ back in '05? Seems to reflect the decline of the community aspect of D-A as a whole, which I also don't understand.

I'm not new to D-addicts, but it took me a while to actually sign up. I just don't vote/comment much for these polls because I don't know any of the dramas.

charia-chan

Postby charia-chan » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:42 pm

I'd love to see Ai no Uta, alreay have the other ones.
I might be able helping to seed if one of the others wins, though.^^

Sorvaseven

Postby Sorvaseven » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:14 pm

CLOSED!

heat6jones

Postby heat6jones » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:56 am

I didn't vote the past two weeks because I've been keeping busy with a historical drama (nearly 50 episodes!). I will go back and download the voted series I missed.

Return to “Series of the Week/Month”