Okusama wa Majo - Episode 01 [Saigoyume]

archived comments
aaron_yume

Okusama wa Majo - Episode 01 [Saigoyume]

Postby aaron_yume » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:02 am

Okusama wa Majo - Episode 01 (Saigoyume Committee Fansub)

Full Title: Okusama wa Majo - Bewitched in Tokyo
Title Translation: My wife is a witch - Bewitched in Tokyo
Broadcast Network: TBS
Aired: 16th January - 26th March 2004
Duration: 11 Episodes + 1 Christmas Special
Viewership: 11.2%
Theme Song: Tommy February6 - Magic in your Eyes
Official Site: http://www.tbs.co.jp/okumajo

Video Resolution: 848x480 (16:9)
Duration: 0:46:50.174
Container: MKV
Video Codec: x264 (DVD RIP)
Subtitle: English Embedded Soft Subtitle
Audio Bitrate: 384kbps 44100Khz
Audio Codec: AC3
File Size: 700MB
CRC Hash: 73102F80

STORY: Arisa is a witch who wants to try living in the human world. Due to broom trouble she makes an emergency landing and ends up settling down in Tokyo. Here she meets George and they both fall in love. They try to have a normal marriage but with Arisa's family arriving on the scene things aren't going to be so easy.

NOTES: I did release an older version of this a fair while back but was not satisfied with the results. I have now re-encoded the video from my DVD's; appended the unaired next episode previews; removed my old karaoke/credits; added DVD chaptering and have re-translated/edited a majority of my old script.

I hope you enjoy this release and please leave your feedback.
Last edited by aaron_yume on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Bulvark

Postby Bulvark » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:15 pm

Have wanted to see this for a while. Thank you for subbing and posting it.

ChronosFansub

Postby ChronosFansub » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:22 pm

Thanks so much!! ^__^

iamnam

Postby iamnam » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:33 pm

Could you please upload in .avi?

Thank you so much.

Arsenal1508

Postby Arsenal1508 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:39 pm

Awesome...drama sounds interesting. Thanks for the upload and anticipating the completion of this series.

:cheers:

aaron_yume

Postby aaron_yume » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:47 pm

iamnam wrote:Could you please upload in .avi?

Thank you so much.

Sadly this is just not going to happen as I ditched Xvid/MP3/avi for a good reason.
Is there any real reason I should?

ZemusDS

Postby ZemusDS » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:54 pm

This should be really interesting. Thanks for doing this project! :)

gestur

Postby gestur » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:37 pm

Looks like fun. Will try this.

nyx88

Postby nyx88 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 pm

Domo arigato gozaimasu! Thanks for the upload!

Yay! It's Ryoko as a witch!

reynardine

Postby reynardine » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:20 pm

Thanks so much for doing this! I got the VCD back when the series first came out because my husband is a huge Bewitched fan, but he doesn't speak Japanese at all. He's going to be so pleased to find out about the sub!

Melusine

Postby Melusine » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:30 pm

Thanks for that. I did give up to see this serie.

loksun

Postby loksun » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:52 pm

Awesome.... thanks v much.

Loony

Postby Loony » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:27 pm

Thanks for subbing this! :wub:

Lady Bell

Postby Lady Bell » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:14 pm

Thanks so much for your efforts with this! This was one of those dramas I'd given up being able to see, so I'm really excited! :D

Arsenal1508

Postby Arsenal1508 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:27 pm

aaron_yume wrote:

Thank you so much.

Sadly this is just not going to happen as I ditched Xvid/MP3/avi for a good reason.

I also don't see the point. .mkv is higher quality than .avi and plays on VLC player and GOMplayer.

AJBryant

Postby AJBryant » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:40 pm

THANK YOU!!!

Lady Bell

Postby Lady Bell » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:41 pm

Arsenal1508 wrote:
aaron_yume wrote:

Thank you so much.

I also don't see the point. .mkv is higher quality than .avi and plays on VLC player and GOMplayer.

.mkv is a container, not how the file is encoded. You can have poor quality .mkv files just as easily as a poor quality xvid encode/.avi.

chimera15

Postby chimera15 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:48 pm

Hahahaha wth!!!??? I don't think she quite got the nose wiggle down. roflol

bmwracer

Postby bmwracer » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:06 pm

Lady Bell wrote:
Arsenal1508 wrote:
aaron_yume wrote:

Thank you so much.

.mkv is a container, not how the file is encoded. You can have poor quality .mkv files just as easily as a poor quality xvid encode/.avi.

Agreed.

And you need codec support for this, as opposed to the much more common DivX/XviD codecs... :sweat:
If you need me to seed Ueno Juri-chan or Yonekura Ryoko-chan stuff, please PM me. :salut:

Maryvel

Postby Maryvel » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:13 pm

bmwracer wrote:
Lady Bell wrote:
Arsenal1508 wrote:
aaron_yume wrote:

Thank you so much.

Agreed.

And you need codec support for this, as opposed to the much more common DivX/XviD codecs... :sweat:

And most mkv-files lag like hell on my computer. Don't know how to fix it... Just to add one more reason. :whistling:

But maybe this one will be alright, i'll definitely try it out. Thanks for subbing! :wub:

bmwracer

Postby bmwracer » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:48 pm

Beggars can't be choosers, so we'll have to live with it. :salut:
If you need me to seed Ueno Juri-chan or Yonekura Ryoko-chan stuff, please PM me. :salut:

Maryvel

Postby Maryvel » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:58 pm

I agree, of course. :glare:

:lol

chimera15

Postby chimera15 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:58 pm

I think it should be Okusama wa mahou...unless it's spanish subs or something. lol

Maryvel

Postby Maryvel » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:02 pm

No, "Mahou" means magic, Majo is the witch.

chimera15

Postby chimera15 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:07 pm

Maryvel wrote:No, "Mahou" means magic, Majo is the witch.

Ohhh. まじょう?

chimera15

Postby chimera15 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:09 pm

Oh, got it. 魔女 【まじょ】

Thanks! lol I think I got confused cause I normally think of that as majyo too. lol which is the alternate spelling I guess.

aaron_yume

Postby aaron_yume » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:19 am

chimera15 wrote:Oh, got it. 魔女 【まじょ】
Thanks! lol I think I got confused cause I normally think of that as majyo too. lol which is the alternate spelling I guess.

Hepburn romanisation end/off in my eyes. Romanising witch as "majyo" is plain bad and incorrect. Next someone will be moaning I spelt George's name George instead of Jyogi and that it's incorrect for me to view honorifics as unnecessary. ^ ^;

Maryvel wrote:Most mkv-files lag like hell on my computer. Don't know how to fix it... Just to add one more reason. :whistling:

Either buy a modern PC or read up FAQ's to solve your problems. Personally I'd recommend uninstalling all your codecs etc then installing one of the latest FFDshow Tryouts (make sure to enable the subtitle filter) along with the the Haali Media Splitter and use media player classic. (All this is assuming you're running windows of course). If not there are plenty of of Media players around that have built in codec support to choose from.

bmwracer wrote:
Lady Bell wrote:.mkv is a container, not how the file is encoded. You can have poor quality .mkv files just as easily as a poor quality xvid encode/.avi.

Agreed. And you need codec support for this, as opposed to the much more common DivX/XviD codecs... :sweat:

While mkv is a container it is much superior to the .avi container and besides Xvid in avi was a dirty hack to begin with and has nasty overheads to boot. You also need codec support for Xvid so I don't see what the problem is with installing a modern codec either.

Sorry for what seems to be a big rant of a post but I'm encoding for myself especially as I've invested a small fortune in buying the official (and out of print) DVD boxset along side lot's of my free time. Using outdated codecs/containers will only hinder overall quality and slow down progress. It's a simple case of keep up or fall behind.
Last edited by aaron_yume on Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

ayaseharukaftw

Postby ayaseharukaftw » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:22 am

OMG Thank you so much! Keep using H.264 for your encodes inside mkv container. I do this with the raws (divx usually) and soft subs I download. This how fansubs should come these days, but then again I wont complain I'll take what I can get. :)

Lady Bell

Postby Lady Bell » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:14 am

aaron_yume wrote:While mkv is a container it is much superior to the .avi container and besides Xvid in avi was a dirty hack to begin with and has nasty overheads to boot. You also need codec support for Xvid so I don't see what the problem is with installing a modern codec either.

For the record, I have absolutely no problem with either .mkv files or x264 encodes, and this encode in particular is lovely. It is a personal pet peeve of mine when people make blanket statements like "the quality is better" when that isn't necessarily true.

Using outdated codecs/containers will only hinder overall quality and slow down progress. It's a simple case of keep up or fall behind.

I agree, and for those of you who have trouble with x264, take a look at http://www.cccp-project.net/. I've never once had a problem once my settings were correct, and I have it installed on multiple computers of varying age. Sadly, I have no experience with Macs, although I know that have their own set of problems when it comes to certain types of encodes. :(

edit was for clarity

leesja

Postby leesja » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:56 am

No problems with the file running on my intel Mac using VLC vers. 0.9.8.

Not sure about Power PC Macs - will load up the new VLC later tonight, try it out - & let you know if any problems arise.

Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys this episode!!!!

chimera15

Postby chimera15 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:58 am

"Hepburn romanisation end/off in my eyes. Romanising witch as "majyo" is plain bad and incorrect. Next someone will be moaning I spelt George's name George instead of Jyogi and that it's incorrect for me to view honorifics as unnecessary. ^ ^;"

You're probably right, but I don't think it's really incorrect. Majo might be faster to type, but majyo is a better way of thinking of it, and that's the way it's pronounced isn't it?

Also majo leads to confusion when read by basic japanese learners like me because it could possibly be pronounced with a hard j, or a soft j.

Don't change it, it's fine. ;)
Thanks for subbing ;)

nokzilla

Postby nokzilla » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:27 pm

Yeah! Finnally, this is the one i'm waiting for ^^
Thank you very much.

Yuiren

Postby Yuiren » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:48 pm

New drama >v<

Thanks a lot for all your hard work subbind this drama ^^

Arigato ♥

ali_sen

Postby ali_sen » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:57 pm

does this have subs? nothing shows for subs in VLC

aaron_yume

Postby aaron_yume » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:32 pm

ali_sen wrote:does this have subs? nothing shows for subs in VLC

We worked hard to bring you this fansub without subtitles. We are now using a new system that telepathically sends the English translation direct to your brain.

Okay, now joking aside. I really don't recommend using VLC as it is very hit and miss but if you must use it then please upgrade to at least: "vlc-0.9.8a". The older versions (ie: vlc-0.8.6i) will not display the embedded fonts correctly and also ignore the correct placement of subtitles. To get the subtitles to display in VLC you must select the video options then subtitle and finally the subtitle track "Saigoyume Fansub [English]".

ali_sen

Postby ali_sen » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:17 am

ah! i see now :) thanks a lot!

rossier

Postby rossier » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:00 am

thanks

bmwracer

Postby bmwracer » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:28 pm

aaron_yume wrote:Using outdated codecs/containers will only hinder overall quality and slow down progress. It's a simple case of keep up or fall behind.

That's apparently just your POV: Aren't 99% of all the torrents available here at D-Addicts still using the "outdated codec/containers" you're talking about?

Being an engineer I'm all for technological progress, but you also have to keep legacy in mind as well. :sweat:

aaron_yume

Postby aaron_yume » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:23 pm

bmwracer wrote:That's apparently just your POV: Aren't 99% of all the torrents available here at D-Addicts still using the "outdated codec/containers" you're talking about?

Being an engineer I'm all for technological progress, but you also have to keep legacy in mind as well. :sweat:

Simply put yes 99% of all the torrents here on D-Addicts are using outdated codecs/containers and this needs to change. People really do need to start embracing the modern encoding/decoding technologies or "legacy" becomes a hinderance. Any encoder who remotely knows/cares about what he/she is doing, will not want to keep using xvid etc even if the groups they may encode for demand it.

I'm subtitling Okusama wa Majo only for myself and my own close friends. So I'm not sorry if you are having difficulties playing my encodes and I'm especially not worried if re-encoding my encodes may proove to be difficult/time consuming.

I am willing to help people solve their playback issues within reason, as generally you do not need a high spec machines to playback x264 encodes when configured correctly with up to date codecs/media players installed.

The rest of Okusama wa Majo will be released in exactly the same fashion as I'm not budging on this one.
If you don't like that then you are welcome to abstain from downloading them.

mikautada

Postby mikautada » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:25 am

well said, aaron_yume! :salut: :thumright:

i hope more subbers and encoders follow your lead and release dramas in new containers, less file size yet amazing video quality! :-)

thanks for sharing this drama! :wub:

bmwracer

Postby bmwracer » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:43 pm

aaron_yume wrote:If you don't like that then you are welcome to abstain from downloading them.

Okay.

shei nov

Postby shei nov » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:19 am

I can't see the download link or whatsoever,,
please help me,
I'm a newbie here...
thank you (^^)

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby k361 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:03 pm

Sorry, you try to download a removed torrent.
As you see at the top of the page the field for name/size of the file are blank.

You can still get the torrent files by the links (check the arrows near magnet), but I think that no one will seed this.

If you complete new to torrent file sharing, check info about torrent
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bittorrent
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison ... t_software
Please share your files after download. Thank you.
Behind every peer is a drama fan