lovedorama
Fansubber
Fansubber

Hyena_Ep03 [Hanryu Fansubs]

Postby lovedorama » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:33 am

Hanryu Fansubs presents:
Hyena, episode 3 of 16
2006 tvN Cable Network Drama

Adult content! This drama is not advised for those under 18 years of age!

DESCRIPTION
A woman's view on men's version of Sex and the City! Hyena is the first drama ever
to be produced by a cable TV network. It tells the story about 4 guys in their
late 20's and early 30's in various situations involving life and love.

Hyena #1: Cute, wannabe hyena, Chul-su (Kim Min-jong).
Hyena #2: Perfectionist hyena, Jin-bum (Oh Man-suk).
Hyena #3: Tragic casanova hyena, Jin-sang (Yun Da-hoon) - Jin-bum's older brother.
Hyena #4: A seemingly cold-hearted hyena with secrets who cannot be hated, Suk-jin (Shin Sung-rok).

It tells everything that women want to know about men, including what's cooking
inside their heads as well as inside their pants!

CAST
Kim Min-jong as Chul-su (Rules of Love)
So Yi-hyun as Jung-eun (Revenge)
Yun Da-hoon as Jin-sang (Guardian Angel)
Oh Man-suk as Jin-bum (The Vineyard Man)
Shin Sung-rok as Suk-jin (new face)

VIDEO INFO
Frame Size: 576x432
Length: 1:06:29
File Size: 699MB
Video Codec: XviD
Language: Korean
Subtitles: English (HARDSUBBED)
Number of Episodes: 16

LINK(S)
[tvN Website in Korean]
[Hyena OST]

FILTERED LINK(S)
[Episode 1]
[Episode 2]

CREDITS
Translator, timer, typesetter, encoder & uploader: lovedorama ~ All Episodes
Quality Checkers: Tasuki (episodes 1 & 2); Mebo (episode 3)

HANRYU NOTES AND INFORMATION
I apologize for the slow release, busy schedule and the holiday season held me back a bit. The thing about Hyena is that... it's extremely time-consuming to translate, taking about 3x longer than any other series that I've done. My brain is half fried by the time I'm done. The release schedule will speed up a bit from now on, but not by much. If you're a fansubber (18+) and want to take on this challenge/lend a hand, please do PM me. Due to the nature of this drama, it is not to be translated word-for-word... Translating based on the meaning is the key, so knowledge of the language and culture (slangs, etc.) is a must. Thanks all & enjoy!

WARNING - This is Hanryu's SIDE PROJECT, more or less. First Love and Age of Innocence are of higher priority, so Hyena will not be uploaded as fast as we would like.

Adult content! This drama is not advised for those under 18 years of age! FIRM! Kiddies, stay away!

DO NOT UPLOAD ANY HANRYU-RELATED RELEASES ON ANY CLUBBOX OR WEBSITE OTHER THAN D-ADDICTS!

And yes, my seeding sucks, so please be patient. Enjoy! :-)
Last edited by lovedorama on Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
Image Image Image
~ Check out Hanryus completed projects: Piano, Rules of Love, & Stars Echo ~

melica37

Postby melica37 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:44 am

What a completely pleasant exciting surprise. :cheers: Thanks so much.

ay_link
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby ay_link » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:01 am

Aaaaahhhh... what a pleasant surprise indeed!
thank you lovedorama! <33333
thank you Hanryu Fansubs! :salut:

upikepik

Postby upikepik » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:13 am

A pleasant surprise indeed :w00t:

Thank you lovedorama :wub:
Thank you and Happy New Year Hanryu Fansubs
:cheers: :salut:

Hudsonn

Postby Hudsonn » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:33 am

Thank you very much lovedorama and Mebo!
Heo Yun Mi

ghp

Postby ghp » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:47 am

Thank you very much :cheers:

Saragorn
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby Saragorn » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:47 am

Woo hoo, more Hyena! :D Thanks, you guys.
Av - mitani; Banner - heechul_oppa

rayasunshine

Postby rayasunshine » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:56 am

This is a nice suprise. Thanks :)

korean_foreva

Postby korean_foreva » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:45 pm

thanx

Saint

Postby Saint » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:12 am

i notice that hyena is the most popular among the 3 projects, so it should be ^_^
good work mate!
*Life is like a double blade sword*

schizoar
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby schizoar » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:50 am

WOAH! :blink I didn't know this was released already.

Thank youu!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers: :salut: :wub:

RobAce

Postby RobAce » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:11 pm

oh i'm now addicted to hyena because of you! please help me get my next fix of hyena! :alcoholic:

could someone recommend good k-movie to download while i'm wait for this one?

lovedorama
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby lovedorama » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:19 am

My apologies to all those who've been patiently waiting for more Hanryu releases.

But something has come to our attention...

We found Ages Ep 1 on Youtube as well as Star's Echo, and maybe more....

In all seriousness to our warnings plastered all over the original post and our hardsubbed episodes. We have sounded off before on this topic and have expressed our frustrations and anger in the topic... and do not wish to boldly create another topic on this matter.

Our initial resolve is to suspend all releases for a month or till further notice.

Sorry to all those who have been following with our releases, we appreciate your support in our decision to suspend our releases.

RobAce

Postby RobAce » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:21 am

forgive me if this sounds ignorant, but why again does it matter as long as no one else is profiting from this? i don't know what the other website is but youtube is free. and isn't youtube just spreading the word of your existence? spreading the word of your hard work? just hard sub your website and reap all the glories. i'm sorry but there are hundreds of other websites out there that you can download from and i never once hear them complaining about it. your work is great so let as many poeple know about it. these piraters are not losing cause they can get other contents anywhere. massive govts can't even stop them, so how can we? the biggest losers are us, your grassroots fanbase. please don't lose us.

Tasuki
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby Tasuki » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:43 am

Instead of restarting all this discussion over again... this is the original topic from a while back...

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_41216.htm

melica37

Postby melica37 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:27 am

Wow...that is disappointing. I remember when I started watching Hyena I thought "I hope no one puts this up on Youtube" but I figured someone eventually would. It only takes one illiterate, self-involved ignoramus out of 500. And with probabilities, one is guaranteed an ass in that many people.

Sorry you Hanryu folks are upset and angry and I have really enjoyed your projects

:salut:

lovedorama
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby lovedorama » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:15 am

RobAce wrote:forgive me if this sounds ignorant, but why again does it matter as long as no one else is profiting from this? i don't know what the other website is but youtube is free. and isn't youtube just spreading the word of your existence? spreading the word of your hard work? just hard sub your website and reap all the glories. i'm sorry but there are hundreds of other websites out there that you can download from and i never once hear them complaining about it. your work is great so let as many poeple know about it. these piraters are not losing cause they can get other contents anywhere. massive govts can't even stop them, so how can we? the biggest losers are us, your grassroots fanbase. please don't lose us.

Hi, Tasuki posted the link to our old thread regarding this issue, but I'll just put something short here. I understand that this may seem a bit extreme to a lot of people here in d-addicts. But there are some things that Hanryu holds golden, one of which is that we don't want our releases to spread rampant on the web in such websites as You Tube. Believe me, this isn't all about us being angry, etc. It's beyond that. This isn't the first time this happened.

Requesting our releases not to be uploaded in any other websites/newgroups other than d-addicts is mentioned in our threads as well as in the actual videos, so this does not just apply to You Tube. All this is mentioned in the previous discussion. Have time? Read the old thread that Tasuki provided the link for. http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_41216.htm Groink provided a rather interesting point of view that we all should be concerned about, don't we want to protect d-addicts? To limit its exposure as much as possible? Just look at the recent erasing of torrents due to the YAEntertainment issue. So no, Hanryu does not want our releases to run rampant on the web, but also the idea is to help d-addicts and keep it strong in the long run.

No, we don't want to be our own cause in losing our "fanbase". However, having such a great forum, but not doing anything to protect it is unacceptable. I do apologize to those who have been following our releases. Believe me, none of us in Hanryu is crazy about putting a temporary halt.

@RobAce: Spreading Hanryu's existence isn't the key factor of consieration as far as I'm concerned. Everybody who has access to d-addicts knows who we are. The question is, do we want the rest of the world wide web know about us as well, which means they'll know about d-addicts? Me thinks it's a definite no. :)
Image Image Image

Tyranid

Postby Tyranid » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:57 am

This is a refreshing and entertaining respite from the same old same old. Thanks for subbing it!

RobAce

Postby RobAce » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:36 am

then i was mistaken about hanryus goals. if you want to keep it close knitted then maybe rather than having anybody and their mothers off the internet being able to download from your site, have them sign up and register with you. its still impossible to completely control who gets the content but it may be easier to trace. and it would lower the number of potential jerks and give you tighter control over the contents as well as information on your users as opposed letting any joe shmoe in.

wannaberich

Postby wannaberich » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:29 am

It's a matter of respecting someone's request. The request can be seen clearly everywhere....this thread, other Hanryu posts, throughout the videos...You have to be blind not to see...... This makes one wonder what motivates these people to post the Hanryu fansubs work elsewhere, or maybe they simply have serious issues. It's too bad to hear about the delay, but I think it's very appropriate.

lovedorama
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby lovedorama » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:46 pm

RobAce wrote:then i was mistaken about hanryus goals. if you want to keep it close knitted then maybe rather than having anybody and their mothers off the internet being able to download from your site, have them sign up and register with you. its still impossible to completely control who gets the content but it may be easier to trace. and it would lower the number of potential jerks and give you tighter control over the contents as well as information on your users as opposed letting any joe shmoe in.

Hi RobAce, Hanryu's mission hasn't changed, which is providing subs for older but excellent dramas that somehow didn't get the attention that they deserve. Spreading the goodness is also part of that mission, but under circumstances, certain restrictions must apply with us. Our original intention was to promote d-addicts, period. But then with the recent issues with YAE, it brought to our attention that perhaps throwing the releases out there to be ran rampant isn't very good for d-addicts' long-term "survival." As suggested above, placing tracking measurements could possibly help us do what we're trying to do, but we don't have the resources for implementation. This would mean we would have to stop uploading here at d-addicts and upload via other means, i.e. Clubbox or our team website. Just to mention, we only have 5 members, and all of us have our hands full as it is, and Hanryu isn't crazy about moving out of d-addicts. Also, just because we track who downloads our releases doesn't guarantee that those leechers will not upload somewhere else, i.e. You Tube.

I, for one, consider downloading of our releases as a contract...between Hanryu and the leechers. I still have hope that the trust we're looking for with the d-addicts community isn't a complete lost cause.
Image Image Image

jojol

Postby jojol » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:49 pm

Hi lovedorama,

Please don't tell me you are stopping this project.....it has been months since you put up epi 3. l have been popping by weeks after weeks hoping to see epi 4 and so on but to my disappointment nothing has done. Please don't stop this project, l know you all are upset because some folks upload epi 1 on Utube. l am looking forward to seeing this drama with English subtitles and waiting for them patiently.

By the way, thank you very much for subbing this drama. l am a KMJ fan but l find that it is hard to get his dramas with English subtitles.

lovedorama
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby lovedorama » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:20 pm

jojol wrote:Hi lovedorama,

Please don't tell me you are stopping this project.....it has been months since you put up epi 3. l have been popping by weeks after weeks hoping to see epi 4 and so on but to my disappointment nothing has done. Please don't stop this project, l know you all are upset because some folks upload epi 1 on Utube. l am looking forward to seeing this drama with English subtitles and waiting for them patiently.

By the way, thank you very much for subbing this drama. l am a KMJ fan but l find that it is hard to get his dramas with English subtitles.

Hi jojol,

As far as I know Hanryu hasn't dropped any of the current projects :) We just needed some cooling off time & also prioritize our projects a little bit... Age of Innocence is being pushed forward, almost done, & then First Love... As mentioned in our WIKI, we will start uploading again at the end of this month, but Age of Innocence will be pushed forward first. :)
Image Image Image

jojol

Postby jojol » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:02 pm

Hi lovedorama,

Thank you for the positive reponse, l am happy to know that you all have not decide to drop Hyena.......understand your priorities......l will wait patiently :-)

Tyranid

Postby Tyranid » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:44 pm

Thanks for continuing subbing. I have to reiterate jojol's comments. Hyena is probably the most entertaining Korean drama I've seen in years.

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Postby Néa Vanille » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:48 pm

Hyena is indeed great! I will wait patiently.

aznguy808

Postby aznguy808 » Sat May 26, 2007 10:50 am

any update?

Return to “Archived Comments”