Kikenna Aneki ep06 (DivX3)(Mac Fix).avi

archived comments
Maci

Kikenna Aneki ep06 (DivX3)(Mac Fix).avi

Postby Maci » Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:25 pm

This is a re-encode of the Kikenna Aneki ep06 (704x396 XviD).avi file that Mac OS X users are having problems with.

topnotch97

Postby topnotch97 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:29 pm

oh yes thank you thank you thank you!!!!! :cheers: :salut:

so what was wrong with the previous encoding? :scratch:

Maci

Postby Maci » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:41 pm

topnotch97 wrote:so what was wrong with the previous encoding? :scratch:

??? I have no idea and we'll probably never know. DivX is having problems with DivX5 on OS X Tiger, so if the DivX codec was used to translate the original Xvid file, that might have been a contributor to the problem. However, I'm not a expert on the matter so I've just filed this problem into my box of Unsolved Mysteries, and am happy that it works now.

netwar

Postby netwar » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:36 pm

Well.. i'm having problems with last encoding with VLC Player.. ffdshow works fine...

:(

Dunno what happened.. it's the first time VLC can't play something ffdshow can...

poki

Postby poki » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:50 pm

Thanks for the new version,

I'll give it a try!

Göönk

Postby Göönk » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:17 pm

We need seeders.
Thanks for re-encoding.

d0diro

Postby d0diro » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:34 pm

how about you guys try and update your ****, it's not like codecs aren't under development. Of course things like ancient VLC 0.8.2 won't playback many things there are anymore. Most stupid release I saw in a while, reencode the video because your having problems with ancient software ...

Maci

Postby Maci » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:41 pm

d0diro wrote:how about you guys try and update ...

Hi d0diro. Thanks for your intelligent post. If you're not too busy swatting flies, perhaps you could help us out a bit.

How did you get the originally posted file to play on Mac OS X Tiger?

It doesn't play on VLC 0.8.2, MPlayer OS X 2.0b9, or QuickTime Player 7.0.3 with all of the most recent codecs installed. Perhaps that's why more than 50 group members needed to download this file within a few hours after its release.

We look forward to your solutions. . .

groink

Postby groink » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:07 pm

d0diro wrote:how about you guys try and update your ****, it's not like codecs aren't under development. Of course things like ancient VLC 0.8.2 won't playback many things there are anymore. Most stupid release I saw in a while, reencode the video because your having problems with ancient software ...

From this person's attitude, I doubt he's a Macintosh user. So ignore this troll. Maybe he thinks "Mac" is a sandwich or something. :scratch:
1. Always read FAQs for a given forum before posting.
2. Read the first few posts in a topic before posting.
3. Speak using complete English words.
4. The Internet is international. Respect regional and cultural values.

d0diro

Postby d0diro » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:35 pm

No Macs are PCs for technically disabled people :P Maybe you are one turd that thinks anyone here is a dumb idiot just cause there's too many of those here, eh? :)

As stated VLC is ancient ****, and mplayer os x 2.0b9 is ancient software either iirc. Quicktime's totally dumb and made for buyware anyways.

Just install a more recent mplayer or use a more recent version of VLC. 0.8.2 is stable but it is horribly out of date. Try a version from http://nightlies.videolan.org/. Same goes for the original mplayer as release, latest release was pre7 ... but pre7 is totally outdated, and I think devs don't care much as almost anybody uses CVS versions anyways now. Heck, even their website isn't properly updated, and documentations are lacking quite much infos since long now.

Göönk

Postby Göönk » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:16 pm

I don't think VLC handle the subs.
I may be wrong but I'm using an old version...

oh no, it's the latest :lol

Thanks for so sharing the links but you could have said it earlier, instead of making that unconstructive post.

chiisana_tantei

Postby chiisana_tantei » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:01 am

Thanks Maci-san for working on this..

@d0diro:
I'm curious on what kind of equipment/software you use to play these avis. :D

mms

Postby mms » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:06 pm

does this one plays with windows too? i couldn't play the first uploaded kikennaaneki ep6 avi on my pc so i'm looking for alternatives.

Maci

Postby Maci » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:58 am

mms wrote:does this one plays with windows too? i couldn't play the first uploaded kikennaaneki ep6 avi on my pc so i'm looking for alternatives.

Yes. It should work on Windows, etc without any problems. Someone in a different thread mentioned that they couldn't get any sound out of the file, but that was the only case of a problem that I have heard.

tomeis1234

Postby tomeis1234 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:08 pm

could someone please seed this file .....

tomeis1234

Postby tomeis1234 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:38 pm

ahhhhh......when i play the vid with vlc....the vid is clear but NO SOUND!!!!.....but with mpc ok....anyone know how to use the subtitle with mpc player

vincentgoh82

Postby vincentgoh82 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:55 am

can someone seed the file to me. it seem that the bittorrent are not loading. Thanks

vincentgoh82

Postby vincentgoh82 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:57 pm

finally found a new way to watch the drama from the forum. javascript:emoticon(':lol')
Laughhttp://www.d-addicts.com/forum/vie ... 455#141455

Q1. What are RAWs? What are hardsubs? What are softsubs? What are the differences?
ANSWER:
When you see a torrent file that has been uploaded to the tracker accompanied with the comment, "RAW", this means that the video has absolutely NO subtitles.

A video with hardsubs means that the subtitles have been rasterized and burned into the video. When you play the file, the subtitles will show up, regardless of whether you want them to or not. The subtitles are essentially part of the video.

A video with softsubs means that the video itself is a RAW file, but there is another (text) file in the folder that contains the subtitles. In some cases the subtitle file is not included in the torrent but available in our Subtitles Forum. Some media players will recognize the softsubs directly (or through a plug-in like DirectVobsub) and automatically play the subtitles along with the video file. Read below to find out exactly how it is done.

========================================================================

Q2. How do I view subtitles with the video? What program do I need to view subtitles?
ANSWER:
First of all, you need to make sure that the file is accompanied with softsubs. If the file is a "RAW" file, then it has no subtitles at all. If the file is hardsubbed, then the subtitles will automatically show up when the video is played. No further action is necessary.
If you have a softsub file (often with extensions such as .SRT, .SSA, .SUB, .SMI, etc), then perform the following steps:

1. Make sure both the video file and the sub file are in the same folder. If they are not, put them in the same folder.
2. Make sure they have the EXACT same filename (except for the extension)

example:
WRONG
Koukou_Kyoushi_ep02.avi
koukou kyoushi ep02.srt
.....Subs will not play because the filenames do not match (missing underscores and the "k's" are not capitalized).

CORRECT
Koukou_Kyoushi_ep02.avi
Koukou_Kyoushi_ep02.srt
.....Subs will play because the filenames are exactly the same (except for the extensions).

3. With some media players (such as BS Player, Media Player Classic, and Windows Media Player), this will be all you need to do. Play the file, and the subtitles should automatically show up. If the subtitles do not show up, read further....

4. If your player does not display the subs, you will have to download a program called "vobsub" and install it.

5. When you play the file now, a green arrow should appear on the bottom right-hand corner of your taskbar. Subtitles should now display. (If not, then right-click the green arrow and select "Show Subtitles".) :lol :lol

harmonv

Postby harmonv » Tue May 16, 2006 7:14 pm

Requesting re-seed please.

SaikoBoy

Could Someone Help me out?

Postby SaikoBoy » Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:37 am

I've downloaded Ep. 6 but it doesn't work on my Mac.

This one is the Mac friendly one. Would Someone please seed this file for me?

Thanks in advance.

filth

Postby filth » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:39 pm

requesting a re-seed, anyone??

twilightmusuko

Postby twilightmusuko » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:08 am

Another option instead of re-downloading the file is convert it yourself using isquint. Its a free program used to convert videos to ipod format.

http://www.isquint.org/

It worked for me and I can play it just fine on my Mac now. Just choose the option "Optimize for TV" and it should keep the quality. The encode only takes about 20 min or so. Much faster than re-downloading. Hope this helps someone!

wlvn

Postby wlvn » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:39 pm

anyone. please please please re-seed. thanks!

wlvn

Postby wlvn » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:43 pm

twilightmusuko wrote:Another option instead of re-downloading the file is convert it yourself using isquint. Its a free program used to convert videos to ipod format.

http://www.isquint.org/

It worked for me and I can play it just fine on my Mac now. Just choose the option "Optimize for TV" and it should keep the quality. The encode only takes about 20 min or so. Much faster than re-downloading. Hope this helps someone!

hi, no problems with VLC too?

Return to “Archived Comments”