Im Kkeong Jeong Complete 1-44

archived comments
bshater

Im Kkeong Jeong Complete 1-44

Postby bshater » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:15 pm

As requested by members at WITHS2, here is the complete batch of Im Kkeong Jeong. subtitles can be found at WITHS2.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Im Kkeok Jeong 임꺽정

Genre: Historical (sageuk)
Episodes: 44
Broadcast network: SBS
Broadcast period: 1996-Nov-10 to 1997-Apr-12

Production credits:

PD: 김한영 (Kim Han-Young) [파도 (Waves, SBS 1999), 옛사랑의 그림자 (Shadows of Old Loves, SBS 1998), 박병숙 변호사 (Lawyer Park Byeong-Sook, SBS 1993~]

WRITER: 김원석 (Kim Won-Seok) [8일 (Eight Days, Channel CGV 2007, 토지 (Land, KBS 1988)] 유동윤 (Yoo Dong-Yoon) [왕과 나 (The King & I, SBS 2007), 무인시대 (The Age of Warriors, KBS 2003), 여인천하 (Ladies of the Palace, SBS 2001)]

CAST

Jung Heung Chae as Im Kkeokjeong
Kim Won Hee as Uncheong
Park In Hwan as Kkeokjeong’s Father
Kim Hye Ok as Kkeokjeong’s Mother
Kim Heung Gi as Nam Chigeun
Song Chae Hwan as Soheung
Yoon Yu Seon as Seopseop
Lee Jeong Gil as Yang Jupal
Go Doo Shim as Uncheong’s Mother
Cha Gwang Su as Lee Bonghak
Lee Gi Young as Bae Dolseok
Jung Jin as Master No
Im Hyun Shik as Mister Oh
Choi Ju Bong as Han On
Yoo In Chon as Yeonsan
Kim Byung Se as Lee Janggon
Kim Cheong as Queen Mother Munjeong
Park Geun Hyung as Yoon Wonhyeong

INTRO – by MisterX

Like a perverse (virtuous!) circle, it seems like every 10 years or so the sageuk genre is completely reinvented by something that changes the playing field. While it’s no secret that the 1980s were dominated by Lee Byung-Hoon and Shin Bong-Seung with their landmark franchise 조선왕조 500년 (500 Years of Joseon) and that the 2000s were pretty much defined by the final swan song of a dying genre (in its three most significant renditions, from fusion to political and even hybrids) through 신돈 (Shin Don), 한성별곡-正 (Conspiracy in the Court) and 8일 (Eight Days), it’s a little trickier to choose one potential candidate from the 1990s. One could say 1996′s 용의 눈물 (Tears of the Dragon), the apotheosis of the political sageuk canon, one of the few sageuk past the 100 episodes able to maintain a strong narrative flow from start to finish, please the hardcore history buffs, and even titillate the mainstream’s whims with incredible acting by Kim Mu-Saeng (as an unforgettable Lee Seong-Gye) and Yoo Dong-Geun, along with enough pathos to make Shakespeare proud. Lee Byung-Hoon’s 허준 (Hur Joon) is another good candidate, for rejuvenating a moribund genre by essentially dressing up trendy dramas as sageuk, and making them more accessible for everyone – although his nearly demential fall from grace in the last half decade has just about erased three decades of consecutive accolades with every new show he helms.

But no, the right choice is 임꺽정 (Im Kkeokjeong), a forgotten masterpiece from 1996 which was doing what now is considered commonplace in the sageuk canon, back when nobody was not even thinking about it. Wonder whether Hur Joon was the first to really take advantage of outdoor shoots, instead of the usual stuffy sets inside which old men with fake mustaches were screaming at each other? Im Kkeokjeong was there already, in 1996. How about the movie-like cinematography and top notch action-direction which made 추노 (Slave Hunters) such a treat to watch? Although there were no Red One cameras to benefit from back then, Im Kkeokjeong pretty much embarrasses every sageuk produced today when it comes to visual luster, choice of music (with a genial soundtrack by Gang San-E), action choreography and last but not least acting, no surprise considering the impressive cast (from super veterans like Na Moon-Hee and Yoon Yeo-Jung to the unknown commodity who almost became a star thanks to this show, Jung Heung-Chae).

Telling the real-life story of baekjeong (the lowest caste in Joseon society, mostly butchers and executioners)-turned-Korea’s own Robin Hood Im Kkeokjeong, the show mixes clever historical commentary along with a grass roots approach to storytelling that is both accessible (a lot more than most sageuk, actually, which explains the average 26-27% the show was getting back then, for a while even beating Tears of the Dragon itself) but also strangely compelling, taking advantage of its literary roots (Hong Myung-Hee’s classic novel from the 20s). Im Kkeokjeong was one of the very first Korean dramas to essentially complete all its shoot before broadcast (the final half dozen episodes were shot later, technically speaking), and it certainly shows, not only in terms of visuals, but also in the assured, novel-like approach to storytelling.

It’s 14 years old, but it feels like it was shot yesterday, while at the same time respecting the foundations of what made this genre great. And it’s time to bring it out of the clouds of oblivion, for a sweet trip down memory lane. This is how sageuk should be done, and now you’ll get a chance to see it as well.

Credits:
WITHS2 and MisterX for the Raws and Description above

rogerlucy

Postby rogerlucy » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:27 am

thanks a million!

DarX-S0ul

Postby DarX-S0ul » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:53 am

thanks

rogerlucy

Postby rogerlucy » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:42 pm

is there anyway of downloading from Episode 25
Do I have to download the whole batch?
I asked because there is not much memory in my system and to download the whole take 30GB
Thanks

bshater

Postby bshater » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:21 pm

rogerlucy wrote:is there anyway of downloading from Episode 25
Do I have to download the whole batch?
I asked because there is not much memory in my system and to download the whole take 30GB
Thanks

just choose 25 and above in your torrent software.

aeo

Postby aeo » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:25 pm

Thanks for the up Bshater but are you sure Withs2 is subbing this because I just checked their website and I could find this drama?

bshater

Postby bshater » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:19 pm

aeo wrote:Thanks for the up Bshater but are you sure Withs2 is subbing this because I just checked their website and I could find this drama?

sorry, i wasn't being specific when i said that. to be exact, this is a VIA project, so only VIA members have access to the subtitles for this show. perhaps they will make the subtitles to all members when the project is completed.

rogerlucy

Postby rogerlucy » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:59 am

Im having a little problem with episode 29.When I tried converting it , it comes out as some decoder fault.
Would it be possible to upload episode 29 again?

rogerlucy

Postby rogerlucy » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:53 pm

Hi
I have not managed to download from 25 so I downloaded the whole 44 episodes.
However when it came to 29 and after I have not managed to convert them as they appear to have no picture when I tried converting them.I had a similar problem with Bunshin and the uplaoder uploaded the episodes again.I tried converting up to 25 and they had pictures in them so I dont know why they wont work with29 and above.
Can you advise?

bshater

Postby bshater » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:14 pm

sorry roger, i have no clue what the problem or solution is.

rogerlucy

Postby rogerlucy » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:10 pm

I think there is some coding issues .I had the same problem with the 10-bit thing previously and unfortunately even with the latest codecs the problem wasnt solved.Basically i am not able to watch this thru a dvd .I usually convert them using the convertxtodvd program. there does not seem to have any picutre.As I have previously downloaded to episode 28 , I would very much appreciate if you can upload a repack of episode 29. Is that possible ?

bshater

Postby bshater » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:27 pm

sorry roger, a repack of episode 29 does not exist. you can try asking withs2, but i doubt they would have it. if your purpose of converting to dvd is to watch it on your big screen, you should invest in a WDTV media player or boxee box. that way, you wouldn't have to convert anything.

BlackLodge

Postby BlackLodge » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:38 pm

- -
Last edited by BlackLodge on Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aeo

Postby aeo » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:38 pm

@BlackLodge,

That will be great! Thanks!

rogerlucy

Postby rogerlucy » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:03 am

You are right. It was a downloading error!
I deleted everythign and started downloading again and everything works fine now picture and all. Many thanks for ALL your help.

TheAmericanJedi

Postby TheAmericanJedi » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:26 am

Just to let everyone who's interested that i'll be seeding this torrent for as long as i possibly can.

emilovius

Postby emilovius » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:02 am

I know I'm way too late but still hopes
someone might help seed this one..

Thanks for the upload anyway!

noraxd

Postby noraxd » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:41 pm

could someone see this serie, please?

Thanks^^

emilovius

Postby emilovius » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:46 pm

Thanks a lot 'Jedi'.