Synopsis from Tokyograph:
Set in the near-futuristic 2060, “Heaven’s Flower” combines mystery with a pure love story. Due to a botched experiment, Japan has become a barren land where flowers can’t even bloom, resulting in a severe rationing crisis. While the country works towards rebuilding, “District 7"; is one of the areas left behind in the process.
The story unfolds in the neglected District 7. Despite Kawashima’s typical innocent image from her previous works, here she takes on her first “villain” role as a cruel and emotionless assassin named Ai, part of a group known as “Last Garden.” While faithfully carrying out her missions every day, she encounters the police detective Yuichiro Manaka (Araki), and she suddenly must deal with her newfound emotion of love. The ensuing story is a romantic mystery involving betrayal and the secret behind her birth.
- Comment on episode 2: one of Xiao Gang's lines in this episode makes reference to the "Thirty-Six Stratagems". More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty-Six_Stratagems Got one of Shion's lines wrong. Please download v2 subtitles for episode 2.
- Comments on episode 4: so the kanji classes with Manaka start in this episode. He basically writes a character each time and explains how they are read and what they mean. For this episode's character, he says it can be both read as "shin" and "makoto". Those of you learning Japanese will identify those as the on and kun yomi respectively. Later on in the episode Ai tries to find the character in her flower books, and finally finds it in a couple of pages. "True Love" in her book refers to the meaning of the marguerite daisy (argyranthemum frutescens) in the language of flowers.
- Comments on episode 5: Manaka is shown teaching Ai three characers in this episode. The explanation for the first one, "bond", is pretty clear, I think. The left part is the character for "thread" and the right one, the character for "half". The character for "flower" does indeed look like a tree in full blossom, so there's no difficulty there either. The one that needs further explanation is the character for "enjoyable". Manaka says it represents a musical instrument made of white wood. In order to understand this, you should know that the lower part of the character is the one for "tree" and the upper part, the one for "white". Also, that the first character used in Japanese to write "musical instrument" is the one for "enjoyable".
- Comments on episode 7: the song little Ai is singing in this episode is "Hush Little Baby". As it's sung in English, I thought it was unnecessary to sub that part.
- Comments on episodes 8 and 9: I finally decided not to sub the lullaby since it's sung in English, anyway. For those who don't know it and would like to take a look at the lyrics, the title is "Hush Little Baby". Also, about Kusakabe's assistant, Hitomi, I think is clear looking at how it's the same actress, but as it's not clearly stated in words, yes, she's also Ai's mother.
- Comments on episodes 10 and 11: Here I just wanted to recommend (to those who can read them), in case someone finds there are things left unexplained or confusing in the end of the TV drama version (which I think there are), the two novels that came out in Japan about this drama. There's one following the story of the drama itself and a prequel called "Episode Zero".
Thanks to Irluna for episode 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11's timing.
Heaven's Flower ~The Legend of ARCANA~ Ep11 (finale) (1280x720).ass
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:12 pm Post subject: Post Rating: 0
Subtitles for episode 2 are out! I added a comment about one of the lines in this episode on the first post. Will also be adding comments on "Last Garden"'s children's names later on. Look forward to the next episode and enjoy!
Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:20 pm Post subject: Post Rating: 0
Episode 3 subtitles are already up on the first post, along with an important announcement. I can't wait to watch how this drama ends! Anyway, enjoy episode 3, it's a really good one. Ai's heart will start melting in the most unexpected place.
Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:23 pm Post subject: Post Rating: 0
I've just updated the first post with a link to a batch torrent with the complete series. Subtitles for episode 5 will be hopefully posted here before the end of next week. Thank you for your comments and patience.
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:17 pm Post subject: Post Rating: 0
@Nyash Well, as far as I know, there's no one else doing English subtitles for Heaven's Flower, which is why I picked it up in the first place. There was only another person before who did subtitles for episode 1 and then stopped releasing them. Indeed, I took a break after releasing episode 4 since I was busy at the time. Then, a couple of weeks ago or so I posted here to communicate I was going on with the subtitles for episode 5, and they have been almost finished for a week now, but I'm having some problems with Aegisub and that's why I haven't been able to release them yet. Anyway, my intention is to release episode 5 subtitles tomorrow and continue nonstop with the rest, so stick with me a little longer. I guess I should've explained all this before; sorry for the wait and please look forward to the next episodes!
Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:30 pm Post subject: Post Rating: 0
Episode 7 subtitles are done! I'm currently having lectures both in the morning and in the afternoon everyday, so I can only work on the subtitles for this show in the weekend. I love this couple of episodes (7 and 8 ) the most, and I understand that watching next episode's preview will make you want to have the subtitles as soon as possible, so I'll try not to take more than a couple of weeks on releasing next episode, but I can't promise anything. Anyway, enjoy this episode!
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum