HOME DRAMAS WIKI STATS HELP (FAQ) SEARCH GROUPS PROFILE PRIVATE MESSAGES LOGIN

URAKARA [Eng Subs] (Episodes 1-6)

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    D-Addicts Forum Index -> Subtitles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
momoflowerOffline

Fansubber
Total posts: 127
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:56 am    Post subject: URAKARA [Eng Subs] (Episodes 1-6)   Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

So, these are subs for URAKARA, the Japanese drama starring Korea's popular group, KARA.

Subtitles are in .srt format.

Any short notes I make are in brackets.
Let me know if there is anything I could improve on (besides maybe timing in some parts)! I welcome any feedback. I'm just a fan, and not completely a professional. In this series, I'm going from both the Japanese and the Korean used. Subs are 98-99% accurate.

Thank you for the support!
Hope you enjoy and will follow the series along with me!

Again, no uploading to streaming sites.

IMPORTANT: (March 1, 2011) I have to put this project on hold because I'm moving to a different country. However the bigger reason I'm putting this on hold is that my laptop was sent in for repair and I will have to get it shipped to me later. I will not have it for a month so that means my only source of internet in the meantime is internet cafes. Thus I can not work on this project for a while.

If someone doesn't pick this up for me in the meantime, please wait patiently and I'll finish it next month when I get my laptop back. I apologize for the inconvenience.

And I could not finish the most recent episode because things have been super busy lately as I've been getting ready.

Thank you.

Special notes on episode 1:

They mention Yurufuwa and Motekawa fashion. Here is an excellent article that talks more about the Motekawa fashion. http://web-japan.org/trends/fashion/fas060712.html

Special notes on episode 2:

"Beauty Spy" - Going straight from the Korean term, while the Japanese term is "Horesaseya" meaning "Someone who makes someone fall in love with them", so I'm going from the Korean for simplicity's sake.
dark horse - describes a person who is little-known, but rises to prominence, particularly in competitions.

Special notes on episode 3:

Oshibori - the warm (or in some cases cold) washcloths presented to customers at restaurants.
Kansai Nozomi - Kansai is an area in Western Japan, and has a prominent dialect, which she uses. I tried to keep that kind of nuance in the translations, where possible.

And just a note, but any subtitle for English spoken may be slightly different due to the accent, in which case I used the Japanese translation provided (particularly in episode 2)

Special notes on episode 5 special:
shiritori - word game where you take the last syllable of a word and say a word that starts with that syllable.

Also, I just deleted all the old versions and uploaded the new versions (got rid of the Korean characters in it to make it easier to download) and I fixed the mistake in the first episode (just during the preview to the second episode). I apologize for the inconveniences.

URAKARA ep05 SP (110219 1280x720P H264).srt
 Description:
URAKARA - ep 05 Special - "Infiltration of KARA's hostel"

Download
 Filename:  URAKARA ep05 SP (110219 1280x720P H264).srt
 Filesize:  32.91 KB
 Downloaded:  4153 Time(s)

URAKARA ep04 (1280x720 by UCC Source).srt
 Description:
URAKARA - ep 05 (the real episode 4) - Ji-Young's First Love"

Download
 Filename:  URAKARA ep04 (1280x720 by UCC Source).srt
 Filesize:  45.89 KB
 Downloaded:  5099 Time(s)

URAKARA E01-03 (1280x720 H264).srt
 Description:
URAKARA ep 04 - Seoul Digest of episodes 1-3 with some behind the scenes footage

Download
 Filename:  URAKARA E01-03 (1280x720 H264).srt
 Filesize:  50.46 KB
 Downloaded:  3077 Time(s)

URAKARA ep03 (1280x720 H64).srt
 Description:
URAKARA ep 03 - Seung-Yeon's Decision

Download
 Filename:  URAKARA ep03 (1280x720 H64).srt
 Filesize:  46.47 KB
 Downloaded:  3929 Time(s)

URAKARA ep02 (1280x720 H264).srt
 Description:
URAKARA ep 02 - Hara's Weak Point

Download
 Filename:  URAKARA ep02 (1280x720 H264).srt
 Filesize:  23.77 KB
 Downloaded:  2968 Time(s)

URAKARA ep01 (1280x720 H264).srt
 Description:
URAKARA ep 01 - Gyuri's Secret

Download
 Filename:  URAKARA ep01 (1280x720 H264).srt
 Filesize:  43.1 KB
 Downloaded:  3937 Time(s)

Last edited by momoflower on Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:23 am; edited 8 times in total

furransu
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:08 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thanks momoflower for subbing kara's first drama Smile im glad that you like it too!
FoodprinceOffline
Total posts: 1
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:45 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

thanks for the subs please continue your good work!
MisS LonliahOffline

Total posts: 3739
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:17 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thank you very much for this Smile
swtdrms103sOffline
Total posts: 2
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:41 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

thank you very much for the subs Smile
k361Offline
Total posts: 2575
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:51 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thank you, for your work.
kiddygradeOffline

Total posts: 527
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:29 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thank you Smile
thygrieverOffline

Total posts: 167
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:34 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

omg you're so quick. major props to you!! and thanks for taking up this task.. i love kara a lot Smile
SSJBenOffline
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:59 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

It's all very good, except there are a few spots where you interpreted it in a not so correct way...
Not that it's wrong of course, still understandable.

Good job!
FrienceOffline
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

You're fast and saved my life /what
Thank you so much for sharing Wub
escondite07Offline
Total posts: 11
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

thank You for the subs.. I'm really waiting for it.. Big Smile
momoflowerOffline

Fansubber
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thanks for all the support, everyone. Glad you're enjoying it! Smile
momoflowerOffline

Fansubber
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

SSJBen wrote:
It's all very good, except there are a few spots where you interpreted it in a not so correct way...

Good job!

Thank you for the feedback. When they were speaking in Korean, I was going off of the Korean wording a bit, too, not just the Japanese subs. I've been studying Korean for a little while now as well so I found some things were a bit different between the two. And then I was also trying to get it to sound completely natural in English. As long as the overall meaning matches, it can be a bit different.

Anyway, I'll do my absolute best with the next ones, too, of course. Thank you. =)
xCHELLyOffline
Total posts: 39
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:22 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thank you for subbing this. This really made my bad day a lot better.
vellaOffline

Total posts: 92
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thank you. Don't worry as long as we can understand, you did great. Good luck for next sub.

Recommend : I Hear Your Voice(2013), Bridal Mask(2012) ~
James_ykaOffline
Total posts: 84
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

thanks for the sub
diavOffline
Total posts: 6
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:25 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thanks for this!
escondite07Offline
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:12 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

KARA has separate T__T
furransu
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:21 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

dont know if this drama will continue airing or not.. even if it does, i will feel bad watching it Sad
VeizoOffline

Total posts: 21
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Woah! KARA disbanding already and on the grounds of being mistreated by their entertainment studio. Sounds pretty tough and I do wonder whatever will happen to this drama...
MisS LonliahOffline

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

pale
MisS LonliahOffline

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:30 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Their Japanese drama, “URAKARA,” will continue to be aired as scheduled. Representatives of Nihon TV spoke with Star News on the 20th and stated, “We are planning to air the episodes of ‘URAKARA’ according to schedule. Rumors of KARA’s disbandment are worrying their Japanese fans. Because their drama completed all the necessary filming, it will air without any problems.”
source
furransu
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:33 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Even if it airs, if kara doesnt exist it will make the viewers and fans not enjoy the series.. Sad
neotsubasaOffline

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:29 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

thanks a lot
thygrieverOffline

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:55 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

momoflower wrote:
SSJBen wrote:

Good job!

Thank you for the feedback. When they were speaking in Korean, I was going off of the Korean wording a bit, too, not just the Japanese subs. I've been studying Korean for a little while now as well so I found some things were a bit different between the two. And then I was also trying to get it to sound completely natural in English. As long as the overall meaning matches, it can be a bit different.

Anyway, I'll do my absolute best with the next ones, too, of course. Thank you. =)

aww dont worry about it. i didn't notice a thing. it was very watchable! i hope you continue doing this for the rest of the series. i'd be so grateful! hopefully you're enjoying the show as much as me Smile Smile
tenjochikiOffline

Total posts: 9
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:02 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Really enjoyed the first episode of Urakara! Glad I was able to see it with English subs.
Thanks momoflower for your fast work on subbing the episode. Your hard work is appreciated.

Can't wait to see the remaining 11 episodes. clapping
momoflowerOffline

Fansubber
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:01 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thanks for the support, as always!

Update on episode 2: I started, but I ended up being a bit busy the last few days with cleaning and out of town friends visiting. I should be able to focus on it tomorrow and the next day so I plan to have it released within the next couple of days.

I hope KARA doesn't completely break up, but I do plan to continue so long as the show continues to air!
escondite07Offline
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

momoflower wrote:
Thanks for the support, as always!

Update on episode 2: I started, but I ended up being a bit busy the last few days with cleaning and out of town friends visiting. I should be able to focus on it tomorrow and the next day so I plan to have it released within the next couple of days.

I hope KARA doesn't completely break up, but I do plan to continue so long as the show continues to air!

Thanks So much, we really apreciate your job.. Big Smile
vachouOffline
Total posts: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Hi,
Thanks for subbing this drama! I have a problem, it doesn't work. When I start the video, instead actual subtitles there're some weird symbols. What am I supposed to do?
Btw, Kara are not disbanded ^^

Edit:
it's working now Cool
momoflowerOffline

Fansubber
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:38 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Hi everyone! Posted episode 2! Enjoy!

And yay that KARA is staying together. Smile
thygrieverOffline

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:06 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

omg i love you!!! I've been waiting forever for no2. I keep checking back to this page. Now that it's finally here I can watch some Goo Hara Smile thank you!!
VeizoOffline

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thank you for ep02. Hara is the hottest member of KARA, too, awesomeness 2.0!
Jeremy_DOffline
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

thanks for the subs Big Smile they've been a great help! will you be doing next weeks episode? where they're shortening 1 2 and 3 into a recap to fill in because of the delay of filming?
MysticrsxOffline
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thanks for the subs.
CeBeLLeOffline
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:01 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

how to download this file?
i always click the download link yet i cant play it ?
pls help.
pervertfoxOffline
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:50 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

arigatou. kamsahamnida.
neotsubasaOffline

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:17 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

thanks a lot momo Big Smile
tenjochikiOffline

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

If you were here, I would give you a BIG KISS.

Now I can watch! Thanks for subbing episode 2 momoflower.
MisS LonliahOffline

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

momoflower wrote:
Hi everyone! Posted episode 2! Enjoy!

And yay that KARA is staying together. Smile

Thanks a lot!!!!! Smile
momoflowerOffline

Fansubber
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

Thank you for waiting patiently! Episode 3 has been added for your enjoyment!

I seriously love the robot. Haha.

And as for the recap episode airing this week, I'll watch it first and then decide. I do plan on translating the opening and ending songs soon, by the way.
neotsubasaOffline

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Hayai :o thanks a lot momo \o/
MisS LonliahOffline

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

momoflower wrote:
Hello everyone!

Thank you for waiting patiently! Episode 3 has been added for your enjoyment!

I seriously love the robot. Haha.

And as for the recap episode airing this week, I'll watch it first and then decide. I do plan on translating the opening and ending songs soon, by the way.

Thank you very much for your hard work! thumright
swtdrms103sOffline
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:26 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

thanks again.. can't wait to watch episode 3 Smile
Tai8318Offline
Total posts: 47
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

for some reason when korean is in the srt file name i cannot download it, it just goes to a page with all the dialogue mashed together. when the first episode came out, i spent a few hours reformatting so i could watch. I haven't had problem downloading the 2nd, but now i am having problem with ep 3. is there some setting on my computer I can change to download it? or can someone upload it somewhere else to download or change the name and upload it back here?

thanks for the subs!
thygrieverOffline

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:37 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Again, I'm impressed with your work. Thank you for taking your own time to make subs. Aren't you glad KARA is going back to film today? I just heard the news Smile
momoflowerOffline

Fansubber
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Update on Episode 4: the digest episode

I've caught a bad cold this week so I've been resting a bit and I'm too busy to be able to work on it today, but I'm sure I'll have it finished by the end of the week! Thank you for your patience.
tenjochikiOffline

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:25 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Episode 2 and 3 were great! Thanks again momo.

Get some rest! Hope you feel better soon.
MisS LonliahOffline

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

momoflower wrote:
Update on Episode 4: the digest episode

I've caught a bad cold this week so I've been resting a bit and I'm too busy to be able to work on it today, but I'm sure I'll have it finished by the end of the week! Thank you for your patience.

Get well soon! ^^
__Doc_Offline
Total posts: 6
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:38 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thanks MOMO, can't wait for EP4
thanieeOffline
Total posts: 3
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:59 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Hi, I know what that you only do the subs but do you know where I can download the RAWS to go with these subs?
Reply to topic    D-Addicts Forum Index -> Subtitles All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: