http://d-addicts.com

Register

HOME WIKI STATS HELP (FAQ) SEARCH GROUPS PROFILE PRIVATE MESSAGES LOGIN

Vietnamese movies/dramas subbed in English

Reply to topic    D-Addicts Forum Index -> Other Asian Culture
View previous topic :: View next topic  
my_SLKOffline
Total posts: 3
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:47 am    Post subject: Vietnamese movies/dramas subbed in English   Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Chao!

I've just returned from a 20days long backpacking tour in Vietnam and is already beginning to miss the place. Also, the trip has ignited a passion to learn the Vietnamese language so that I can put it to use when I eventually get back! As such, is anyone able to provide me with any links where I can watch those shows? I tried doing a search in Daddicts but to no success.

Cam on in advance!

Cheers,
Edwin

mattroilanh_ttOffline
Total posts: 72
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:34 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

There is English subtitle of Snow in the Tropic here: http://kimmiemai.com/endlesslove/?page_id=465 --> some link died already. But I've test MF and MU -> OK ^_^
phuong_ozOffline
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:28 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

or try krfilm.net - a very good site for Korean, Chinese and Japanese dramas/movies with Vietnamese subtitles
my_SLKOffline
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

matt: Ahh, thanks!

phuong: I'm looking for vietnamese shows with english subtitles so that I can pick up some phrases and intonation along the way.

Smile
MasterJM1492Offline
Total posts: 2
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:17 am    Post subject: Me, too   Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

my_SLK wrote:
matt: Ahh, thanks!

phuong: I'm looking for vietnamese shows with english subtitles so that I can pick up some phrases and intonation along the way.

Smile

Exactly what I want as well.

I just moved to Vietnam and can see the TV shows but no subtitles. I would LOVE to dl some TV shows with English subs. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it.
ImL0stOffline
Total posts: 347
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Someone uploaded "Snow in the Tropic" with Eng subs, the torrents're still here, I'm not sure about seeders, I tried 1 but the quality was so low I couldn't stand it, Smile
Ginto-ginOffline

Total posts: 101
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:49 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I just checked "Snow in the Tropic" torrents and they have no seeds Neutral
I'm also interested in English-subtitled Vietnamese dramas to practice my comprehension again.
loveless_soul

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Vietnamese drama and movies aren't that popular compare to like Korea, Japanese, & Chinese that's why there's barely any subtitles for drama and movies. (not to mention most of drama series are really long).
I can only think of that drama Snow in the Tropic that has English subs cus someone decided to sub that lol.
As for movies, you should try The Buffalo Boy, The Rebel, Journey from the Fall, Spirits, and Owl & the Sparrow. All of these have English subs and just google them up to find a site to watch (:

I think if there are more demands for Viet drama/movies then someone will sub certain ones they like soon enough to sub (;

Kim BumBeating heart
MasterJM1492Offline
Total posts: 2
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:20 am    Post subject: Seen movies, Want TV shows   Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thanks. I've seen quite a few movies (Scent of the Green Papaya, The White Silk Dress, etc. and loved most of them. For me, though, I would like to see TV shows to help me understand what locals are watching right now.

loveless_soul wrote:
I think if there are more demands for Viet drama/movies then someone will sub certain ones they like soon enough to sub (;

Well, then perhaps I should create some extra account here and make it look like there is more interest. :-P

Seriously, though, I do know people who would work on a subbing project. I was just hoping there was already efforts underway.
Ginto-ginOffline

Total posts: 101
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:38 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Adding my thanks to loveless_soul for those movie recommendations. Interesting selection.

I think the last Vietnamese movie I saw was "Cyclo" which was ages ago!
ImL0stOffline
Total posts: 347
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:49 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Just thought I might try to clear things up a little-all the movies mentioned are not really "Vietnamese movie", well not 100% anyway, LOL. By that I meant those're done mostly by people who live and grad oversea, so...technically speaking, those're done by American and French citizens who has Vietnamese origin.

However, the series "Snow in Tropic" is the one that originated from VN, with and by people in VN so it's a "Vietnamese drama" in my view.
yummiekiwiOffline

Total posts: 119
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:34 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Being a big fan of Chinese, Korean and Japanese dramas I've totally neglected the Vietnamese drama part in the past because basically there weren't any. Then I stumbled over a few Vietnamese dramas in the past month and was really surprised at the selection it had. Here's a few of my recommendations: Bong Dung Muon Khoc ( Suddenly I Want to Cry), Cuoc Chien Hoa Hong ( Fight of the Roses), Truyen Tinh Cong Ty Quang Cao ( A Love Story In the Advertising Company)... out of all of these I've only found subtitles for the first one Bong Dung Muon Khoc ( Suddenly I Want to Cry) and it's here --> http://www.overstream.net/view.php?oid=lzm8n5tksotv I hope you like it!
silentloOffline
Total posts: 53
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:50 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

http://www.saichinesemusic.com << TVB Vietnamese, English New movies all you can eat!!!
loveless_soul

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:58 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Most of the movies that are actually made in Vietnam with Vietnamese actors/actresses and everything don't really have English subs. The ones up there have subs b/c well they were released in the U.S. and even some Vietnamese people here (especially the younger generation) need the subs to comprehend. I consider them Vietnamese drama/movie cus I'm more familiar with that.
An example is this drama called Chuyện Těnh Bolsa (Little Saigon's Love Story) takes place in this Vietnamese community in California and well.. it's Vietnamese so yeah, I consider it a Vietnamese drama even if it's doesn't take place in Vietnam.

& since there seem to be a (bit) of interest in Vietnamese drama, maybe there will be consideration for a fansub group lol.

Kim BumBeating heart
my_SLKOffline
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I'm back! Have been really busy the entire year.. so the idea of learning VNese took a backseat. Will have a year long break from studies starting in afew months. Guess its time to put the idea to serious thought again!

By the way, I went back to VN again in March. Met some friends i made on the first trip. The experience was as good as the first. Really want to learn Vietnamese with dramasssssss!
lim_ryanOffline
Total posts: 9
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

where can i download vietnam series, please pm me the links,
thanks a lot really appreciate it
Reply to topic    D-Addicts Forum Index -> Other Asian Culture All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: