http://d-addicts.com

Register

HOME DRAMAS WIKI STATS HELP (FAQ) SEARCH GROUPS PROFILE PRIVATE MESSAGES LOGIN

How to make hardsub from softsub??

Reply to topic    D-Addicts Forum Index -> Tech Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ita_wangOffline
Total posts: 9
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: How to make hardsub from softsub??   Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

How to make hardsub from softsub?? Thanks.

InTr4nceWeTrustOffline

Total posts: 834
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

By use program virtualdub.. Welcome.

^_~ check out www.videohelp.com Loads of guides on this kind of thing.

shep1979Offline

Total posts: 20
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:51 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

This is a post I found from a user here on this forum linking to here:

http://forum.koreandramas.net/topic_541.html
ita_wangOffline
Total posts: 9
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thank you so much., both of you. Smile
link_417Offline
Total posts: 5
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Difficulty loading vid in VirtualDubMod   Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I'm trying to make my softsubs into hardsubs, but when I try to open the video with VirtualDubMod (or any other version of VirtualDub), I get this message:

"Couldn't locate decompressor for format 'DX50' (unknown). VirtualDub requires a Video for Windows (VFW) compatible codec to decompress video. DirectShow codecs, such as those used by Windows Media Player, are not suitable. Only 'Direct stream copy' is available for this video."

I've tried two different tutorials and couldn't get past this step in either of them. These are .avi files I'm trying to open, by the way.

I've converted soft- to hardsubs using VobSub and VirtualDubMod before, but they were with different videos and on a different computer a couple years ago, so I'm not sure what's going wrong.

Thanks for any help.
robx

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:49 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

link_417 wrote:

I'm trying to make my softsubs into hardsubs, but when I try to open the video with VirtualDubMod (or any other version of VirtualDub), I get this message:

"Couldn't locate decompressor for format 'DX50' (unknown). VirtualDub requires a Video for Windows (VFW) compatible codec to decompress video. DirectShow codecs, such as those used by Windows Media Player, are not suitable. Only 'Direct stream copy' is available for this video."

I've tried two different tutorials and couldn't get past this step in either of them. These are .avi files I'm trying to open, by the way.

I've converted soft- to hardsubs using VobSub and VirtualDubMod before, but they were with different videos and on a different computer a couple years ago, so I'm not sure what's going wrong.

Thanks for any help.

basically you need the codec to decompress it. If you uninstall all your previous installed codec and install cccp, you should be able to load it in vdubmod without problems to encode it. cccp codec has compression and decompression codecs in its package; ffdshow (included in package) should be able to handle most of your codec needs, so good luck.

Face to fate, Great Revival, Huo Yuan Jia, Wing Chun
Status
Retired.
link_417Offline
Total posts: 5
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thank you very much, after installing cccp it finally worked! I was very frustrated with this so I really appreciate your help.
cheers thumleft w00t
shawnkunOffline
Total posts: 4
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: subtitling softsub to hardsub failure   Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

hi, for the past week i have tried many different ways to change subtitles from softsub to hardsub. but i failed. i read like almost all the links i could find on google and yahoo.
but still unable to work. i downloaded all Virtualdubmod, VobSub, Avisynth, Divx and almost everyother thing. But to no avail.
Ok, getting to the point, i tried to put subtitler.vdf into the my plugins file of the virtualdubmod file. but doesnt work when i press videos/filters/add, i couldnt find the word textsub, the only thing i could find is the subtitler by AveryLee and it kinda fails.

i just need to put convert sdf/sub file into the avi file.. but seemed impossible. i tried downloading even all the different codecs, or even uninstall then reinstalling but still cant work. can someone help me? i need to know of a way to put subtitles into the avi file as hardsub because i need to convert into my itouch the single file and its kinda important for me. i need it to spend my daily life><

someone please help me!! any kind souls ? PLEASEEE!
kahuna808Offline
Total posts: 30
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

ConvertXtoDvd3
shawnkunOffline
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:39 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

what u mean by convertXtodvd?
kahuna808Offline
Total posts: 30
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:42 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

shawnkun wrote:
what u mean by convertXtodvd?

That is the name of the program "ConvertXtoDvd3". As always do a google search.
shawnkunOffline
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

i did. but what has it got to do with my question.
it doesnt input softsubs into hardsubs at all. i just need to put the subtitles from aseperate file into the video and merge as one file..
Cry5talOffline
Total posts: 233
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Code:
LoadPlugin("C:\_encode\TextSub\VSFilter.dll")

AviSource("Your_episode_in_avi_format.avi")

TextSub("your_sub_file.srt") # or .ass if you have that too

This doesn't work on IDX/SUB, because it's not a textfile, it's an "image". These are images subtitles. You need to convert that into srt or other.
bmwracerOffline

Total posts: 2698
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Here's a guide at videohelp.com: http://forum.videohelp.com/topic272736.html thumright

SnyOffline
Total posts: 66
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I used the link above ( http://forum.koreandramas.net/topic_541.html ) to convert to hardsub. It worked well. But, I downloaded an avi file (716 mb), after I harsubbed it, became 494 mb (the quality is not good anymore). Is there anyway to keep the avi file to 716 mb?
Thank you!
mt877Offline
Total posts: 344
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

In VDub, under file menu, select File Information... look at the Video Stream Data rate value (example 1800kbps). When you select and configure the video codec for full processing, use the same data rate. I assume the audio is set for "source audio", then by using the same video rate as already discussed, the total size and quality of the re-encoded avi (with subtitle) should be very close to the original avi.

bmwracerOffline

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Sny wrote:
I used the link above ( http://forum.koreandramas.net/topic_541.html ) to convert to hardsub. It worked well. But, I downloaded an avi file (716 mb), after I harsubbed it, became 494 mb (the quality is not good anymore). Is there anyway to keep the avi file to 716 mb?
Thank you!

You need to change the quality settings, if there are any available.

I typically use the xVid encoder in VirtualDub and set the quality to 1 (maximum), that's way there's little or no degradation in video quality. thumright

EDIT: At the maximum quality setting, the file size does get bigger... Usually double. sweating

SnyOffline
Total posts: 66
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Ah.. thank you so much for the info!
bmwracerOffline

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Sny wrote:
Ah.. thank you so much for the info!

Sure thing.... Good luck. thumright

Reply to topic    D-Addicts Forum Index -> Tech Support All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: