Register

HOME DRAMAS WIKI STATS HELP (FAQ) SEARCH GROUPS PROFILE PRIVATE MESSAGES LOGIN

Juken no Kamisama [Eng Subs] (Ep 1-3)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    D-Addicts Forum Index -> Subtitles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AkaruOffline
Total posts: 57
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Juken no Kamisama [Eng Subs] (Ep 1-3)   Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Juken no Kamisama (受験の神様)
also known as God of Exams
Drama Series
Airs Saturdays, 9pm on NTV

From the discussion topic:
Quote:
With so many manga adaptations this season, it's refreshing to find one which offers something that relates more to everyday life....The plot seems to be a cross between Dragon Zakura, Jyoou no Kyoushitsu and Boku no Ikiru Michi taking the best parts of each of these dramas respectively. The cast doesn't seem to be popular enough to generate high ratings nor generate huge discussions here cos of the lack of attractive 20yr old idols in it. But if you enjoyed the subtle critisims of the japanese education system, rooting for the young student to achieve their exam goals in Dragon Zakura and Jyoou no Kyoushitsu... combined with the sweetness of a single dad's interaction with his young son....Juken no Kamisama might be right up your alley.

Quote:
Man, this drama turned out to be better than I've expected. Actors were good, the dad and especially the lil boy.... Overall, this is a good drama that I'll keep watching; heart-warming with its cute and funny moments too.

Quote:
It's actually quite refreshing to be able to watch something that has some realistic and valuable meaning. If you like the idol-driven dramas, then this probably isn't for you... But if you want substance in your story, and something that will make you feel all warm and tingly on the inside, then I think this is gonna be the show for you this season. After watching the first episode of everything that's been upped to D-Addicts so far, I have a feeling this will be my favorite this season.

Note: No registration is required at Littlix! Forums to download!

Progress Update:
Episode 1 softsubs 0.94 had been released. (July 21)
Download here. Please note this version 0.94 is complete except for typesetting, which will be completed in version 1.

Episode 2 softsubs 0.8 had been released. (August 4)
Download here. Please note this version 0.8 is complete except for typesetting, which will be completed in version 1.

Episode 3 softsubs 0.81 had been released. (August 14)
Download here. Please note this version 0.81 is complete except for typesetting, which will be completed in version 1.

For project update, read here

[Also, a better topic coming soon..]

Last edited by Akaru on Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:10 pm; edited 6 times in total

car-shrimpOffline
Total posts: 120
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

thanks a lot for ep 1 Big Smile
lightsoul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! OTSUKARE!!! cheers

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thanxxx 4 the First Eps..

marienella_m
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

thanks a lot Akaru and the Littlix team!!! cheers thumleft Wub Big Smile
HaJoSa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thankx so much for ep 1 cheers

trapnestOffline

Total posts: 81
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

banzai~ cheers
chokubi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Woot! Subs for Juken no Kamisama! cheers
Thanks for ep1.
Nice one on the fonts too! thumright
Love AngelOffline

Total posts: 517
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thaaaaaaaaaanks a Lot for subbing this drama ^-^
Pink Rose

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thank you so Much for Ep 1sub Big Smile
Shindou-KunOffline
Total posts: 390
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thank you. Been looking forward to this one. Keep up the good work.
SumeragiAekaOffline

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thank you! I've been hoping that someone would sub it ^_^

Magicus
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:25 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I feel like such a nerd, I laughed out loud at the "My precious" part Laugh

Thanks for subbing this, this one will for sure be the sleeper hit of the new season.
Shadow HexagramOffline

Total posts: 471
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Wonderful !!!! I've been so looking forward to this one. Thanks a lot !!

AyumeOffline

Total posts: 30
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thankyou for the subs~~! ^^
pokedotOffline
Total posts: 14
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

many thanks for the subs!
^ iChigO ^Offline
Total posts: 248
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

thanxxxx
sakurachanOffline
Total posts: 55
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Neat. Didn't expect this show to be picked up by subbers.
mikaila
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

thank you for subbing this!!!
BokasOffline

Total posts: 74
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thank u for the sub~ ^_^
AkaruOffline
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Here's what I'm doing for Juken ep2~ Explains why the subs are still not out yet xD

And yes, the markings on the question are marked as it is being marked on the video~ xD
SerilkathOffline
Total posts: 67
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I am speechless, you are just totally insane Tongue . Thank you so much for your hard work.
sakurachanOffline
Total posts: 55
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Haha. What will you do next if the exam is on partial differential equations? How will you typecast all those mathematical symbols.

You forgot to translate the title of the exam on the right side of the paper: "KANJI TEST."

Overall, nice work though!! Smile

EDIT: did I say nice work? I meant amazing work! Boys and Girls, this is what you call going beyond the call of duty. salut
teateaOffline

Total posts: 5
Location: In the woods casting a curse on those who have been naughty
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Oh thanks for the subtitles. Hope its good.
Wwaldo37Offline

Total posts: 413
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Hmmm I'll have to assume the "missing" image on your post Akaru is PROOF of your insanity...? Crazy Based on others comments anyway... Since I can't see it at the moment (no worries tho).

Well thank you very much for going to insane lengths in subbing/typesetting I'm sure we all appreciate it! Wub

I've watched ep01 twice now, 1st unsubbed.

Did anyone else find it kind of disturbing when in in "Enka no Joou" Narumi Riko (the star of this show) appeared with one of her co-stars from "Ruri no Shima" coming out of a love hotel (if I recall correctly)?
Sorry if its off topic Whistling
It kind of dented her "pure image"
SerilkathOffline
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Wwaldo37 wrote:

Did anyone else find it kind of disturbing when in in "Enka no Joou" Narumi Riko (the star of this show) appeared with one of her co-stars from "Ruri no Shima" coming out of a love hotel (if I recall correctly)?
Sorry if its off topic Whistling
It kind of dented her "pure image"

Those people are called "actors". That's not for real, it's all fake Tongue
teateaOffline

Total posts: 5
Location: In the woods casting a curse on those who have been naughty
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:10 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

^That's a good thing isn't it? Unless if you want a scary Juken no Kamisama or worse a Michiko lurking around the corner waiting you mentally psyche you out? hahaha Wouldn't that be something.

Anime/game music and Manga Downloads. - Galbadia Hotel
AkaruOffline
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Episode 2 softsubs 0.8 had been released.
Download here. Please note this version 0.8 is complete except for typesetting, which will be completed in version 1.

You HAVE TO MAKE SURE YOU CAN LOAD PROPER STYLES, or some parts will look VERY HORRIBLE.
The episode is heavily typesetted. Read the guide provided if you're unsure.

Also, the provided font pack is DIFFERENT from the ones provided in episode 01. Please download it as well.
KonichihaOffline
Total posts: 20
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thanks for your hard work.

(If someone canīt see the subs like me) I have to rename the file as ".ssa" to see it,

Thanks you very much thumright
HaJoSa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thankx for the subs. Smile

Pink Rose

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thanks alot for Ep 2 Big Smile
AyumeOffline

Total posts: 30
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thankyou so much for your hard work with the subs cheers

+My Livejournal+
dew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thanxxx guys..
AkaruOffline
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Konichiha wrote:
Thanks for your hard work.

(If someone canīt see the subs like me) I have to rename the file as ".ssa" to see it,

Thanks you very much thumright

There is no reason something should accept .ssa and not .ass. They're made by the same person, .ass is like .ssa version 2. If you are having problems, try following the provided guide linked in the download page (Guide 2.0)
arabian
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

really appreciate the hardwork .. thanxx..

valley04Offline

Total posts: 25
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:33 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thank you for subbing this series! cheers
Looking forward for the next episode...Arigatou!!

lightsoul

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thank you thank you thank you!!!
car-shrimpOffline
Total posts: 120
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

thanks for ep 2 Big Smile
chokubi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Oooh..! Subs #2! cheers
Long-awaited but was worth it!
thumright

Edit:
Woah, ep2 subs has some hardcore translations going on! salut
Once again, appretiate the effort made on the puns! (love'em!) Wub thumright
x.dreams.xOffline
Total posts: 4
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Juken no Kamisama (God of Exams) [Eng Subs] (Ep 1-2)   Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

ThaNxXxxX alot salut Big Smile Cool
AkaruOffline
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Episode 3 softsubs 0.81 had been released.
Download here. Please note this version 0.81 is complete except for typesetting, which will be completed in version 1.
chokubi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Woot! Thanks for EP3! w00t
lightsoul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

thank you for the subs! otsukare Smile
Pink Rose

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thanks alot for Ep 3 Big Smile
arabian
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thanxx 4 Eps3..

HaJoSa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thankx for ep 3 subs Smile

Shadow HexagramOffline

Total posts: 471
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thanks a lot!!!! I was so looking forward to this release !!! You've just made my afternoon.

yoyo168Offline
Total posts: 258
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

thanks for episode 3
ryoko11Offline

Total posts: 630
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thank you for subbing this! I just started watching it yesterday, and it's really one of the best this season. You guys are doing a great job on the subs for both Juken no Kamisama and Tantei Gakuen Q! Thanks again. Smile
SerilkathOffline
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for the subs.
Reply to topic    D-Addicts Forum Index -> Subtitles All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: