http://d-addicts.com

Register

HOME WIKI STATS HELP (FAQ) SEARCH GROUPS PROFILE PRIVATE MESSAGES LOGIN

The forum will be going into read-only mode starting on December 25, 2014 to at most January 1, 2015 for the migration to phpBB3. More details in this topic.

kdrama/jdrama dubbed in cantonese?

Reply to topic    D-Addicts Forum Index -> Chinese Culture & Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaijoubuuOffline
Total posts: 90
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: kdrama/jdrama dubbed in cantonese?   Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Let's start a list of known kdramas/jdramas that have been dubbed for the HK market (either by TVB or DVD publishing companies)
I prefer subtitles over dubbing but my aging mom can't read english

Here's a few to start off:

Full House
Dae Jang Geum
Staiway to Heaven
My Girl

keaix3Offline
Total posts: 19
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

The only two dramas that I have watched that have been dubbed in Cantonese are:

-Winter Sonata (actually, the dubbing was alright - I preferred the dubbed voice of the main character's voice [played by Bae Yong Jun] rather than the original, but the main girl's dubbed voice was not that good.)
-Stained Glass (which I never got the chance to finish, so I wouldn't be able to comment)

Obviously, dubbing is just for the language barrier (if no subs are available) but I can usually say that anything that is dubbed in another language is obviously not as good.
choco-lateOffline
Total posts: 5
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:40 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I've come across so many dramas that were dubbed in Cantonese but I haven't seen any of them yet since I've already watched them in Japanese.

Jdramas
Kareinaru Ichizoku
Yama Onna Kabe Onna
Gokusen 3
Galileo
Long Vacation
Teppan Girl
Shikaoto Awoniyoshi
One Litre of Tears
Tantei Gakuen Q
Koshonin
Himitsu no Hanazono
Attack No.1
Hotaru no Hikari
Prince Sushi
Haken no Hinkaku

Feel the w-inds.
xploringOffline
Total posts: 407
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:25 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

There are tons of dramas with chinese subtitles. It would be a lot easier to find them at chinese forums.

You can try www.eyny.com
or searching in ClubBox http://boxfile.co.kr/
dabogyOffline
Total posts: 118
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

dubs almost never work out, especially if you know what the original voices sound like. The dubbed versions always sound so cheesy to me Crazy
PokiokiOffline

Total posts: 9
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:09 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

hm, i don't mind dubbed cantonese. Of course it's not as good as subbing, but I feel that some meanings get lost in translation to English. However, dubbed in English freaks me out. I can't stand it. Thats why I don't watch any anime that has been dubbed in English. Only a few I can stand. Full Metal Alchemist was a very good dub.

I've only seen My Girl in Canto though. And it wasn't bad at all.
ouijaouijaOffline
Total posts: 2
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:13 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Hi

Where are cantonese dubbed stuff found? I've ben looking for stairway to heaven cantonese are agges, yesasia doens' thave it either, is it available online?

I notice they have coffee prince in cantonese on youtube, i am just wondering where people find this stuff as most stuff I have found is only subtitled.

Thanks again...
kimclOffline
Total posts: 3
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

ouijaouija wrote:
Hi

Where are cantonese dubbed stuff found? I've ben looking for stairway to heaven cantonese are agges, yesasia doens' thave it either, is it available online?

I notice they have coffee prince in cantonese on youtube, i am just wondering where people find this stuff as most stuff I have found is only subtitled.

Thanks again...

You can find cantonese dubbed k/jdrama here http://www.tvboxnow.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=279&sid=c7xyTT
Reply to topic    D-Addicts Forum Index -> Chinese Culture & Entertainment All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: