Register

HOME DRAMAS WIKI STATS HELP (FAQ) SEARCH GROUPS PROFILE PRIVATE MESSAGES LOGIN

Licensed Dramas To Be Removed

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to page:

Reply to topic    D-Addicts Forum Index -> D-Addicts Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WroW
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

biteme_lestat wrote:
Dang, that sucks! at least the ones on their catalogue ryt now are mostly the old ones.....so I guess we gotta download the dramas we like ASAP before they get licensed...Sad

I looked at the list...most of it are korean dramas.....hope they don't get too much of the japanese dramas 8crosses fingers*

I dont think the same thing will happen to JDramas. The Japanese dont care or just ignore that foreigners watch their dramas Mr. Green (do see all the Jdrama DVDs with english subs Roll Eyes )

nadesico
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

So I think by reading this we are now reaching a new era concerning drama world... It's true it has already happenned in the past for anime , and there are still anime fansubbs so I think it's not the end of the world, I think it's rather good news. The negative points is the price though, but in this case, why not purchase dramas in Yes asia? It's affordable and I understood the english version is good most of the time.
Anyway, if softsubs and clubboxes are still allowed, that's a relief. Yet I just feel sad for all the teams which are doing an amazing job with these licensed series, it's such a pity...

darkrazorOffline
Total posts: 79
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

hmm so the video files will be removed but the soft subs will stay right?

ervingeoffreyOffline
Total posts: 240
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I don't all understand.
When Dramas are licensed, they will removed on D.A Tracker.
But, if they are not in EngHardsub, why?
TV rip is not illegal, but DVD rip , yes.
Softsub is not illegal, but Hardsub , yes

Why some Raws file are being deleted? ( Freeze, Jumong, My Girl...)?
sanlingOffline
Total posts: 34
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I am all for licensed series. I usually rent them because I certainly cannot afford to buy them.

My main reason for downloading from d-addicts is because of the English subtitles. My English is not the best but my god, have you guys seem some of these licensed kdramas? The English is so bad that its a joke. Sometimes I wonder how these companies allowed these series with poor English subtitles be sold on the market. I am sure they paid their translators.

You subbers are doing this for free. My hats off to you guys. Your work is greatly appreicated.
cutekidOffline
Total posts: 446
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

its so sad. YA DVDs are so expensive. i can't afford one. if clubbox is still available then its good. just need to learn how to use them. Laugh or i can get them somewhere else. i'm just sad that all of the fansub teams work will go to waste. Crying i hope its not the end of the world here yet. i just hate some of the translated work of those licensed dramas because the subs sometimes sucks. i think D-addicts fansubbers are the best! thank you very much for all the hard works

RuroshinOffline

Site Admin
Total posts: 2893
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

ervingeoffrey wrote:
I don't all understand.

when a series gets licensed that means the licensed works i.e. the video have to be removed this include raws as they are part of the licensed works. i.e. things produced by the original publisher the licensor.

Softsub is just a text file that is derivative creation and created from scratch by fans, as far as I know this has never been challenge before in the motion media world. I only know of instances where a translation was illegal and that was for a book in which case the whole work is basically text. I think that case doesn't apply here since the original work is video.
AngelynOffline

Total posts: 32
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

*sigh* here we go again with the lawsuits... but then again, i guess we all knew this was coming sometime or other right?

it kind of sucks that they were pulled with no warning though... being in the middle of a drama and having to wait until i can buy the overpriced dvd is a major bummer >.<
raider73Offline

Total posts: 194
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

ervingeoffrey wrote:
I don't all understand.

Maybe in France it's legal but it's illegal in the US to distribute even TV rips. The law I think is called Fair Use and basically it states it is legal to rip it yourself but once you download from someone else who distributing it, it is illegal. The law is lame though, I rip from TV, it is okay, I download the same thing from the net, it is illegal. I think softsubs are illegal also--you are translating someone else's work w/o their permission.
cutekidOffline
Total posts: 446
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Angelyn wrote:
*sigh* here we go again with the lawsuits... but then again, i guess we all knew this was coming sometime or other right?

it kind of sucks that they were pulled with no warning though... being in the middle of a drama and having to wait until i can buy the overpriced dvd is a major bummer >.<

i definitely agree with that. man that sucks and i hope they can make the prices lower. its so expensive. if they can compete with the prices of the pirated ones i might buy from them but for now might just enjoy watching dramas from here or youtube. make the price reasonable.

ervingeoffreyOffline
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

OK, TV-rip is not allowed, it's cool....
Fortunately, Clubbox exist. But why Freeze are being deleted, and Jumong OST?

Freeze is not licensed by YA Entertainment.
raider73Offline

Total posts: 194
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

ervingeoffrey wrote:

Fortunately, Clubbox exist.

Amen to that. I have 13,000pts. Will wait until 20,000pts so I can get 300GB of Quick Download.
rayasunshineOffline

Total posts: 43
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

i'm sorry for complaining.. but this SUCKS so bad!!!!!! How many episodes are in Jumong?? I just started watching it although I have downloaded through episode 28!!! I don't know how to use clubbox... wahhhhh and I def. can't afford $100 for something I am just going to watch once... maybe twice. Anywayssss can someone PM me about a way I can at least finish Jumong if you know what I mean... pleaseeeeeeee! Glare ........ I wonder if other companies are going to start doing this too!!?? lameeeee but I guess its understandable....
marie_23Offline
Total posts: 230
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I have to say that I'm not to shock by this sudden news. However, I'm sadden by it Sad The strange thing is before I found this wonderful website I use to just rent a lot of my favorite dramas off an asian internet video site. Once they would arrive in the mail I would burn myself a copy to keep in my collection Laugh It looks like I might have to go back to this very same method again for certain dramas.

What I really like about d-addicts is that you all provided the fansubs for certain dramas that would never be translated into english Smile Can you guys at least keep making english translations for the dramas? and just not ever upload the actual raw video...I know of one website that only uploads the translations for certain dramas and viewers have to search the internet to locate the raw video on their own.

So, I don't think you guys need to stop with translations of the dramas on their list. Just don't put raw video of any kind for the translations on your site and everything should be okay...
firedevilOffline

Total posts: 9
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

raider73 wrote:

Maybe in France it's legal but it's illegal in the US to distribute even TV rips. The law I think is called Fair Use and basically it states it is legal to rip it yourself but once you download from someone else who distributing it, it is illegal. The law is lame though, I rip from TV, it is okay, I download the same thing from the net, it is illegal. I think softsubs are illegal also--you are translating someone else's work w/o their permission.

It is not true for France. There is a law called DADVSI who forbids any private copy even if we possess an original. (It is the only country which has the similar law)
Thus, French have no right to possess a TV-Rip. (Even if I make a rip myself)

It is damage that the concerned drama are removed but I understand perfectly your situation to stay in the legality in your country.
At least, thank you to make us share all these dramas

PS : Excuse me for the faults but I don't speak English very well.
Athaclena42Offline

Fansubber
Total posts: 483
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

ervingeoffrey wrote:

Yes...Freeze does not seem to have been licensed...why delete it?
gixo
Fansubber
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Suprise I think it's interesting that YAE is linking to the wiki of d-a, so the potential buyers can get more information of the drama. They are directing the people to a side where they might get some stuff for free before they licence it. Whistling

I am pretty curious about how the subs of YAE will look like. Do you guys think that they'll use some parts of fansubbers work (timing, etc)? And I hope that their English subs will be as good as the fansubbers subs. It would suck if you buy these DVDs just to find out that the subs are worse than the ones you can get for free. But since they mainly sell in the USA and Canada they should have good subs.

They are only selling region 1 DVDs, right? How about customers in Europe? we use region 2 DVDs. I know that yesasia sells DVDs without region codes but when they are selling YAE stuff now, what about the region code? And doesn't Yesasia already sell some of the dramas but with strange English subs?
ervingeoffreyOffline
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Quote:
It is not true for France. There is a law called DADVSI who forbids any private copy even if we possess an original. (It is the only country which has the similar law)
Thus, French have no right to possess a TV-Rip. (Even if I make a rip myself)

I didn't know. However in france, TV-Serie, TV-Show are very scared to watch.... Alcoholic
( R.I.S, Nolande, Arthur, Star Academy...).

Bref....
marie_23Offline
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

blamvitaburst wrote:
These are too expensive for me to buy, though! $100? Are they crazy? A single American TV show's season lasts about as long if not longer as these and costs half or less of that in the store. Ridiculous. I'd have trouble seeing even paying $50 for a series, especially one I hadn't already watched. This is lame and if it covers too many series then I'm not going to be watching too many kdramas anymore. Way to go on alienating your target audience. I'd probably sit through commercials if I had to to watch most of them (although avoiding commercials is one of the things I like most about asian dramas) but I would not spend $100! I've yet to rewatch a single drama that I've downloaded here, anyway. They're generally good for a single viewing but *most* will never be worth paying money to own unless they especially touch someone. Especially not a third of my rent or a couple of month's worth of groceries. LAME.
Well, maybe Netflix will pick these DVDs up so that I can put them in my que. Otherwise, goodbye to these kdramas.

I never used Netflix to rent any of my asian dramas in the past. I use www.ehit.com and www.cinflix.com they both have a pretty good selection for dramas and movies.
marie_23Offline
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

gixo wrote:
Suprise I think it's interesting that YAE is linking to the wiki of d-a, so the potential buyers can get more information of the drama. They are directing the people to a side where they might get some stuff for free before they licence it. Whistling

I am pretty curious about how the subs of YAE will look like. Do you guys think that they'll use some parts of fansubbers work (timing, etc)? And I hope that their English subs will be as good as the fansubbers subs. It would suck if you buy these DVDs just to find out that the subs are worse than the ones you can get for free. But since they mainly sell in the USA and Canada they should have good subs.

They are only selling region 1 DVDs, right? How about customers in Europe? we use region 2 DVDs. I know that yesasia sells DVDs without region codes but when they are selling YAE stuff now, what about the region code? And doesn't Yesasia already sell some of the dramas but with strange English subs?

You know what when I visited their YA website that crossed my mind about them possibly have used some fansubbers material for their videos. I would not be shocked if they did Glare
firedevilOffline

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

gixo wrote:
I know that yesasia sells DVDs without region codes but when they are selling YAE stuff now, what about the region code? And doesn't Yesasia already sell some of the dramas but with strange English subs?

YesAsia sells illegal copies because the dvd without region code are forbidden.
YAE sells for region 1, I think because they don't have a global license. There is not a market of Drama in Europe.
gixo
Fansubber
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

firedevil wrote:
gixo wrote:
I know that yesasia sells DVDs without region codes but when they are selling YAE stuff now, what about the region code? And doesn't Yesasia already sell some of the dramas but with strange English subs?

YesAsia sells illegal copies because the dvd without region code are forbidden.
YAE sells for region 1, I think because they don't have a global license. There is not a market of Drama in Europe.

hmm.. but at under "where to buy" YAE is linking to YesAsia. That's why I wondered about the other releases at Yesasia. It's so funny they want to sell their stuff at the same side as the other releases which are a lot cheaper?
CraZyaH

Fansubber
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

So the softsubs will still be available here, right?
What about the softsubs that were made off DVD subs or TV rips? will those remain on the site too?
hmmm... and can we still upload the latest Kdramas on d-a as long as they're not licensed yet?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I have another question. Why Drama's OST are being deleted too? ( Over The Rainbow )

However " Goong " is still alive in the BT..... Blink
....he is licensed.
allredndizzyOffline

Fansubber
Total posts: 176
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

khmai_kandi22 wrote:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh JuMong is listed!

Our team D-Fansubs, worked so hard on that series and now it's going to be removed Crying

I don't know what to say...

Crying Crying Crying

WroW
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

CraZyaH wrote:
What about the softsubs that were made off DVD subs or TV rips? will those remain on the site too?
hmmm... and can we still upload the latest Kdramas on d-a as long as they're not licensed yet?

I think sub rips from YAE licensed DVDs wont be allowed. Just like Yesasia sub rips arent allowed here.
But subs transcribed from tv rips should be ok.
firedevilOffline

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

ervingeoffrey wrote:
I have another question. Why Drama's OST are being deleted too? ( Over The Rainbow )

However " Goong " is still alive in the BT..... Blink
....he is licensed.

I think that a license concerns all the products of the franchising, thus DVD + ost even if the editors sell out only DVD generally (I speak japanimation at least but as the world of drama gets closer to it more and more)

[quote="WroW"]
CraZyaH wrote:

But subs transcribed from tv rips should be ok.

I agree. They are creation personal and, thus, cannot be concerned by the license.

Last edited by firedevil on Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
RuroshinOffline

Site Admin
Total posts: 2893
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Athaclena42 wrote:
ervingeoffrey wrote:

Yes...Freeze does not seem to have been licensed...why delete it?

Freeze was on the list that they gave me, so its probably been licensed just not released yet.

CraZyaH wrote:

no, it has to be your own original works.

allredndizzy wrote:
khmai_kandi22 wrote:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh JuMong is listed!

Our team D-Fansubs, worked so hard on that series and now it's going to be removed Crying

I don't know what to say...

Crying Crying Crying

yeah I'm really sorry guys I know you work hard on that series and its a really long one too. But we either play by the rule or we risk get taken offline.
allredndizzyOffline

Fansubber
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

yeah... I understand... it's not your fault Ruroshin... although it is really a sad news... even heart-breaking for some... Sad

firedevilOffline

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Knowing the world of the japanime, that not disturbs me in fact. And I would say that it is so better. As you said it Ruroshinn, I think that it is going to help and to allow to have even more of drama to offer us.
Xi@h
Fansubber
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

YAE is a newly opened company, I wonder if they truely owns the license or not.
lindtzOffline

Total posts: 55
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Oh nooo!!!! What will happen to me? Crying

I've taken a look at the list, and it includes so many kdrama, especially the newer ones. If this keeps going, I think they will also licensed the newest and kdrama. Meaning I might not be able to watch good quality kdrama with good subs anymore Alcoholic

Problem is in my country, they only released VERY FEW kdrama in the official vcd/dvd very slow, and although the pirated ones are fasts and very up to date with the ones released in korea, but the subs are horrible Cussing
ronaughOffline
Total posts: 25
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I feel bad for those who watch the Korean series, my wife is one of them. Luckly Japanese drama is still untouched.
Would any one like to make a bet that the subs on the DVDs are one that the hard working fan subbing on D-addicts did? You would be stupid to make a bet that they did not.
firedevilOffline

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

You should not be afraid, lindtz. If they make as the editors of animes, they are generally going to wait if it is a success or not.
And that also depends on the price which they are going to pay to acquire the rights.

He can arrive exceptions and are going to buy the rights before the end of the broadcasting in Korea or in Japan but they will be rare cases.
AurafillaOffline
Total posts: 32
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

NNOO~~ I'll be soo depraved! Have to start downloading with CB now.. I wonder D-fansubbers have clubbox.. hehe
skachildOffline

Total posts: 803
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

ohh man.... i really dunno what to say... Crying Crying
how can this been happening so suddenly..... Mad Mad

Xi@h wrote:
YAE is a newly opened company, I wonder if they truely owns the license or not.

how can we know that this company "YA Entertaiment" have own the license for all those drama in the list...?
Ruroshin wrote:
Anybody who is in the anime world would probably be familiar with this. Fansubbers make subtitles of anime and release them to the public, once the anime is licensed in the western world the fansubbers would stop releasing them and encourage the fans to purchase the subbed licensed product.

how come anime such as bleach, naruto and alot more anime(countless.. there are so many out there) can be upload at other site but not even one of them been removed due of the licensed thing..? (naruto is one of the licensed anime right..?)

but still.. i 100% agree with ruroshin decision to removed all those drama that "licensed product of YA Entertainment" from D-A ~~ we either play by the rule or we risk get taken offline.

but some how... we still have clubbox right...!!! Wub Wub

kobe23Offline

Total posts: 726
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Wow...just wow....this is really sad news. I never would've thought this thing was gonna happen to k-dramas. Does YA Entertainment think their sales have been suffering because of sites like D-A? Gimme a break. DA has provided several years of free advertising and promotions of korean dramas so if anything, they should be grateful.

But this won't change a thing, it'll just be a bit more difficult to obtain the RAWS. We'll just have to get our hands dirty with clubbox and other P2P alternatives. It's the fansubs that's the most important thing. I do hope fansubbers will continue their excellent work.

<3 Fansubbers.
gryzzeOffline

Site Admin
Total posts: 5142
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

skachild wrote:
how come anime such as bleach, naruto and alot more anime(countless.. there are so many out there) can be upload at other site but not even one of them been removed due of the licensed thing..? (naruto is one of the licensed anime right..?)

Take a look at http://www.animesuki.com/ , you won't find bleach, naruto or any other licensed anime there. Some fansub groups seem to care and drop licensed anime while others don't.
allredndizzyOffline

Fansubber
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Aurafilla wrote:
NNOO~~ I'll be soo depraved! Have to start downloading with CB now.. I wonder D-fansubbers have clubbox.. hehe

Yeah we do... D-Fansubs *Drama Fansubs*

We use Kandi's clubbox ^__^

http://clubbox.co.kr/Kandi

All our recently released hardsubs can be found there... you guys could also request for some episodes that might not be there on our thread. Wub

firedevilOffline

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

gryzze wrote:
skachild wrote:

Take a look at http://www.animesuki.com/ , you won't find bleach, naruto or any other licensed anime there. Some fansub groups seem to care and drop licensed anime while others don't.

yes, each has the own responsibility. He accepts or he continues to subtitling at his risks and dangers.

On the other hand, a question :
You do not believe that you would not should speak there about alternate means to download raws? That could cause damage to d-addicts, no?
hhv94Offline
Total posts: 129
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Hmm....if they had an option to just download from their site like other liscenced anime are doing I wouldnt mind but I'm not interested in buiyng the DVD's. Either way is a shame but I guess as long as they wont try to dub it its ok.

Edit: Oh and on to the anime like Naruto and Bleach, these titles are on going in Japan and so have not been covered by the american companies. Although you will still see some underground groups sub it, or other private sites offer monthly or special treatment. Depends realy but either way its up to the person offering it and the user.
CoronaOffline

Total posts: 205
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Is it just me that is actually interested in buying a high quality boxset of one of my favourite drama's? I think it's normal that you pay for the things you really like. When I really like an anime I try my best to buy it. I don't have a lot of money, but even I know we can't leech into eternity.

Fansubber
Total posts: 820
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

It's not the end of the world. Just learn how to use Clubbox and you will continue to get your KDrama fix. Not much will change for me, (I've always preferred Clubbox) except that I think that a lot of the KDrama discussion will move over to soompi - and maybe so will I.

I do have to agree with the other posters that this YAE business seems kind of fishy. I wonder how they managed to buy the licenses for these dozens of dramas in such a short period of time and without anyone knowing?

Anyway, I won't give even a cent to these 'licensed' drama boxes. Laugh
EnishiOffline
Total posts: 39
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

manga and anime groups face this problem all the time, and usually they still release licensed stuff, but only in irc or on torrent sites to avoid these issues.
so i'm not really to worried with these stuff, as long as the raw distributor keeps supplying, i'm sure ppl will still sub it.
I will sub if no one will Laugh
feedmeisterOffline
Total posts: 67
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Let's try to keep in mind that up until now the drama community has been able to basically run free because NOBODY felt that Asian dramas were economically viable in the US.

I think the people at YA Entertainment deserves some appreciation for taking a chance on the American market. As far as I can tell, nobody here is even thinking about how much money they have put on the line in order to bring these dramas to the general public.

This means that it will be more difficult for people to get certain dramas for free but it certainly won't be impossible. American movie makers, with the vast resources they have, can't keep their films off the web. YAE's entry into the game simply means that for some dramas, people will have to go to a site more 'underground' in nature than d-addicts. But the fact is that we'll still be able to find the vast majority of dramas right here at d-addicts. (Anime fans should be very familiar with this situation where sites like animesuki serve as the community's front end with hordes of unlicensed content and a variety of other sites covering the licensed stuff.)

We still don't even know if YAE's gamble is going to pay off. A year or two from now we might find that they have gone under because they just couldn't sell enough to recoup their investment in licenses and subbing. If that happens, anyone else who is considering bringing Asian dramas to the American market are going to bury their plans indefinitely. Now THAT would be a real disaster for drama fans.

Right now dramas are coming out faster than they can be fansubbed. I'm sure that every new season, there are people here who are dissapointed because the show they want to see subbed doesn't make the cut among fansubbers. Imagine a day when all the hot shows are being covered by companies like YAE and fansubbers can focus on the less popular shows. For those that have to have everything free, don't worry, there will be sites other than d-addicts where you can get the licensed stuff. (Probably many of the same sites where you are already getting the Asian movies with region 1 releases.)

YA Entertainment's move is NOT a bad thing for drama fans. It is a sign that they believe Asian dramas may have finally "made it" in the states. I hope they are right. If they are, they'll be able to sell enough units to start bringing prices down, other companies will get in the game and this too will help control prices. Does anyone remember $40 for one or two episodes of anime on a VHS tape? Now you can find box sets of complete older series in the bargain bin for half that! I'd like to see the same for dramas someday in the future and this could be the first step in that direction. But that kind of world depends on YAE being successful. If they fail, then the day when the common American even knows that Asian dramas exist could be set back decades.

So when I read this thread which is leaning toward "Will I still be able to get my dramas free?", I'm hoping that in a few years we'll be reading about the sub/dub debate here on d-addicts because selling dramas in the US has become lucrative enough that companies are including english language tracks on their drama DVDs to try and get an edge over each other. (Not that I like dubs, it's just that they would be a sign that dramas are becoming more mainstream.)
ArionOffline

Total posts: 33
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

and one of the most important questions: for which countries will they be licenced? cause like in the anime biz, even when they're released in the US, doesn't mean that they are in the rest of the world Roll Eyes
firedevilOffline

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

only for the North America. (dvd with region 1)

feedmeister, i agree with to 100% ;)
EvintcarOffline

Total posts: 41
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Cussing

i hate License
svetaOffline
Total posts: 184
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

no disrespect but its unfair, and i never even got a chance to d/l jumong 28 and 29! and i wanted to d/l M but was unable to find it on this site... Crying
michellereinOffline
Total posts: 1
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

no disrespect but its unfair, and i never even got a chance to d/l jumong 28 and 29! and i wanted to d/l M but was unable to find it on this site... Crying

I agree, it shouldn't be like this...
poor people should also have thier rights to watch their favorite Koreandrama's
PUT BACK JUMONG.........
waaaaaaaaa Argue Cussing Cussing Cussing Cussing
Reply to topic    D-Addicts Forum Index -> D-Addicts Announcements All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to page:
Page 1 of 11
Jump to: