Register

HOME DRAMAS WIKI STATS HELP (FAQ) SEARCH GROUPS PROFILE PRIVATE MESSAGES LOGIN

How to convert Softsubs to Hardsubs

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    D-Addicts Forum Index -> Fansubbing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
romantic_wishOffline
Total posts: 1
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject: How to convert Softsubs to Hardsubs   Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

heres a quick step by step to convert softsubs to hard subs

1. install / extract VirtualDub (search it at google, you'll have no problem finding it.)

2.Once VirtualDub is installed, install VobSub.

3.When installing VobSub, make sure that you includ the "VobSub for Virtual Dub" plugin and the "TextSub for Virtual Dub" plugin.

4. when done installing, load a video file into VirtualDub, by clicking File > Open Video File

5.Next, click Video > Filters from the drop down menu. Click the "Add" button and a new dialog box will appear with a list of filters. If TextSub is not available in the list, click the Load button and find the *.vdf file in the VobSub program files directory (Gabest).

6.Double click text subs

7.Click the "Open" button to load the subtitles appropriate to the movie, then click "OK" and "OK" again to get back to the main VirtualDub screen.

8.Click Video > compression... when a dialog box appears, Select Divx 5.11 codec ( or whichever Divx codec you have in the dialog box) then click OK.

9. Then click File> save as... to save your AVI movie

10. The process of encoding the subtitles to the movie will begin.. wait for a while.

AAAnd then atlast, enjoy the movie!

You can also visit these sites if youre still having trouble:

http://divxstation.com/article.asp?aId=100

http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?s=dc4ee9c3cd35ead149ea49d7396ea9c8&showtopic=304260&pid=7532837&st=0&#entry7532837

fathuzeOffline
Total posts: 102
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

okay... i have 2 question here... FYI right now i'm using VirtualDubMod and Subtitle Workshop to convert from softsub subtitle files to hardsub subtitle files.

1) I try to edit the font in the .srt files to the colour version but when i'm try to save it into .ssa files it seem not working. same thing happen when i try to edit the font of .ssa files to colour version

2) how to make the subtiltle appear above and bottom of the video at the same time???
(to show the meaning of word, etc)

thank you guys
zindakaOffline
Total posts: 84
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:28 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

hey, does virtual dub have extra codecs in it?
i believe last time i installed it, all my codecs went wrong (i use CCCP). it may have been caused by something else, im just checking.
CervielOffline

Total posts: 27
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:39 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I've been translating the English subtitles of Yasha into German for some friends of mine.
However when I try to convert the softsubs into hardsubs (for one episode) it takes 30GB space O_o;

Anyone has a suggestion what went wrong? :7
(I was also considering to make the German subs available here but I'm not sure how to upload them here ._.)
naotoOffline

Total posts: 76
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

^you are forgetting to select compression codec, so it is encoding as raw avi.

this is posted in the help on fansubbing thread as well with screenshots, that's where I learned how to do it! cheers

Total posts: 156
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

i tend to find this stuff difficult, so an easier way to do it is to use a freeware program called, AVI Recomp. you just choose the avi file and the soft sub then after u convert it, the file should be one.

Watching: Hanazari No Kimi Tachi E
join our yamapi group!
CervielOffline

Total posts: 27
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

o thank you very much =)
skeffingtonOffline
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I'm getting this error message when i try to upload a video:

'Couldn't locate decompressor for format 'XVID' (unkown)

'Virtualdub requires a Video for Windows (VFW) compatible codec to decompress video. DirectShows codecs, such as those used by Windows Media Player, are not suitable.'

Can anyone help?
sweetdreams1891Offline

Total posts: 93
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

skeffington wrote:
I'm getting this error message when i try to upload a video:

'Couldn't locate decompressor for format 'XVID' (unkown)

'Virtualdub requires a Video for Windows (VFW) compatible codec to decompress video. DirectShows codecs, such as those used by Windows Media Player, are not suitable.'

Can anyone help?

im getting that exact same message...and i too dont know what is wrong...

Total posts: 89
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Sweetdreams1891 & Skeffington,
You need to install XviD codec Visit http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Koepi_XviD.htm
sweetdreams1891Offline

Total posts: 93
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

dhmylene wrote:
Sweetdreams1891 & Skeffington,
You need to install XviD codec Visit http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Koepi_XviD.htm

wow...thanks sooooooooo much!! Big Smile

Total posts: 89
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

fathuze wrote:
okay... i have 2 question here... FYI right now i'm using VirtualDubMod and Subtitle Workshop to convert from softsub subtitle files to hardsub subtitle files.

1) I try to edit the font in the .srt files to the colour version but when i'm try to save it into .ssa files it seem not working. same thing happen when i try to edit the font of .ssa files to colour version

2) how to make the subtiltle appear above and bottom of the video at the same time???
(to show the meaning of word, etc)

thank you guys

Dealing with font colors, some reason, using Subtitle Workshop feature settings does not work for me either, therefore I use DivXLand Media Subtitler . Contact me through PM if you need more asstance.
a_my_meOffline

Total posts: 24
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Question   Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

xYuki wrote:
i tend to find this stuff difficult, so an easier way to do it is to use a freeware program called, AVI Recomp. you just choose the avi file and the soft sub then after u convert it, the file should be one.

I've found this software interesting. However, the file should be in AVI first or is it possible to make it from RMVB file??? Thanks for your advice Big Smile
rambutanOffline

Fansubber
Total posts: 747
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Question   Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

a_my_me wrote:
xYuki wrote:

I've found this software interesting. However, the file should be in AVI first or is it possible to make it from RMVB file??? Thanks for your advice Big Smile

I converted one rmbv file to avi then tried to hard-sub it with this AVI Recomp freeware. Something went terribly wrong; my MPC would not play subs any more! I had to delete and upload every thing again. What went wrong?
fathuzeOffline
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Quote:
I converted one rmbv file to avi then tried to hard-sub it with this AVI Recomp freeware

excuse me, may i know what converter do you use for that purpose??? i've search like hell for that kind of converter... RMVB to AVI... thank you
a_my_meOffline

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

fathuze wrote:
Quote:
I converted one rmbv file to avi then tried to hard-sub it with this AVI Recomp freeware

excuse me, may i know what converter do you use for that purpose??? i've search like hell for that kind of converter... RMVB to AVI... thank you

I'm using Ultra RM Converter now and so far only can produce RAW AVI file (which consumes quite enomous file space Sad ) However I can burn it into CD with NERO. The sad part is that after NERO my file changed into MPEG instead (playable in many players) and cannot use AVI Recomp since this software only usable for AVI file I think Roll Eyes

my friend recommended me to use virtualdub instead. it should be OK to convert RMVB to AVI and add the subs as well Wub However I haven't found time to try it yet Mr. Green
rambutanOffline

Fansubber
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

a_my_me wrote:
fathuze wrote:
Quote:

I'm using Ultra RM Converter now and so far only can produce RAW AVI file (which consumes quite enomous file space Sad ) However I can burn it into CD with NERO. The sad part is that after NERO my file changed into MPEG instead (playable in many players) and cannot use AVI Recomp since this software only usable for AVI file I think Roll Eyes

my friend recommended me to use virtualdub instead. it should be OK to convert RMVB to AVI and add the subs as well Wub However I haven't found time to try it yet Mr. Green

I use this freeware called MediaCoder. Easy to use. So far, only done conversion from rmbv to avi. No loss of quality, I see.
fathuzeOffline
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

lucypcng wrote:
a_my_me wrote:
fathuze wrote:
Quote:

I use this freeware called MediaCoder. Easy to use. So far, only done conversion from rmbv to avi. No loss of quality, I see.

to a_my_me, i dont think virtualdubmod can convert that RMVB file bcoz i already try it and it's not working... if MPEG or other files, i think it can...
UeharaaOffline
Total posts: 28
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: please help me !!   Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I wanted to convert soft subs into hard subs and I installed Avi ReComp .
the installation worked fine, but now i can't play soft subtitles when i'm playing a video into windows media player or media player classic. Sad
By installing, Avi Recomp, i installed these components: AviSynth, Xvid and VIrtualDubMob. AviRecomp also requires Vobsub to work fine, but I already have it .
I didn't change anything to my configuration but now it seems that vobsub won't recognize the subtitle file when I play a video, though they have the same name ...
And I uninstalled all Avi ReComp components ( except VobSub) but it still doesn't work....I uninstalled and reinstalled vobsub but it still doesn't work .... scratch
please , please, please, Can somebody help me ??????????

and i'm sorry for my bad english... Unsure
rambutanOffline

Fansubber
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: please help me !!   Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Ueharaa wrote:
I wanted to convert soft subs into hard subs and I installed Avi ReComp .
the installation worked fine, but now i can't play soft subtitles when i'm playing a video into windows media player or media player classic. Sad
By installing, Avi Recomp, i installed these components: AviSynth, Xvid and VIrtualDubMob. AviRecomp also requires Vobsub to work fine, but I already have it .
I didn't change anything to my configuration but now it seems that vobsub won't recognize the subtitle file when I play a video, though they have the same name ...
And I uninstalled all Avi ReComp components ( except VobSub) but it still doesn't work....I uninstalled and reinstalled vobsub but it still doesn't work .... scratch
please , please, please, Can somebody help me ??????????

and i'm sorry for my bad english... Unsure

Met the same problem as you did. I deleted Avi Recomp software, uninstalled MPC and the attendant software K-Lite Codec, downloaded a fresh MPC and K-Lite Codec and installed them, and reinstalled Real Alternative (to play rm and rmvb files). Problem solved.
UeharaaOffline
Total posts: 28
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

thenk you so much lucypcng !!
this helped me a lot Big Smile Big Smile
a_my_meOffline

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

fathuze wrote:
lucypcng wrote:
a_my_me wrote:
fathuze wrote:
Quote:

to a_my_me, i dont think virtualdubmod can convert that RMVB file bcoz i already try it and it's not working... if MPEG or other files, i think it can...

really?? Never tried it myself, but my friend here always uses it and it works fine for her scratch are you sure about this? Suprise
noriko_kawadaOffline
Total posts: 25
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Simple hard-subbing using MPlayer (http://mplayerhq.hu)

subtitle.bat
Code:
mencoder -o "%3" -sub "%2" -font tahoma.ttf -subfont-encoding unicode -utf8 -ffactor 10 -subpos 100 -subalign 2 -subfont-autoscale 2 -subfont-blur 1.1 -subfont-outline 1.2 -subfont-text-scale 3 -subfont-osd-scale 4.2 -oac copy "%1"

usage:
Code:
subtitle.bat input.avi input.srt output.avi

Result example:
habukie

AiRen
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:43 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

a_my_me wrote:
fathuze wrote:

really?? Never tried it myself, but my friend here always uses it and it works fine for her scratch are you sure about this? Suprise

you can use virtualdubmod to convert .rmvb....i do it all the time. you just need to use avisynth as well. there's a good tutorial over at videohelp.com for this method.
mari_Offline
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

i've got a error msg when i reach step 3.. "cannot load filter module "C:\Program Files\Gabest\VobSub\textsub.vdf": %1 is not valid Win32 application"

what can i do?
aineliamOffline

Total posts: 32
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Guys, I found this site really helpful adn was able to hardsub my file.

Smile
meoinkie2Offline

Total posts: 170
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: How to convert Softsubs to Hardsubs   Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

romantic_wish wrote:

1. install / extract VirtualDub (search it at google, you'll have no problem finding it.)

2.Once VirtualDub is installed, install VobSub.

3.When installing VobSub, make sure that you includ the "VobSub for Virtual Dub" plugin and the "TextSub for Virtual Dub" plugin.

4. when done installing, load a video file into VirtualDub, by clicking File > Open Video File

5.Next, click Video > Filters from the drop down menu. Click the "Add" button and a new dialog box will appear with a list of filters. If TextSub is not available in the list, click the Load button and find the *.vdf file in the VobSub program files directory (Gabest).

6.Double click text subs

7.Click the "Open" button to load the subtitles appropriate to the movie, then click "OK" and "OK" again to get back to the main VirtualDub screen.

8.Click Video > compression... when a dialog box appears, Select Divx 5.11 codec ( or whichever Divx codec you have in the dialog box) then click OK.

9. Then click File> save as... to save your AVI movie

10. The process of encoding the subtitles to the movie will begin.. wait for a while.

AAAnd then atlast, enjoy the movie!

You can also visit these sites if youre still having trouble:

http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?s=dc4ee9c3cd35ead149ea49d7396ea9c8&showtopic=304260&pid=7532837&st=0&#entry7532837

im having a big problem at step number 5.. whenever i click on the text subs.vdf, it says there's an error or some sorts, not a valid Win32 application something like that..now im totally stuck.. please help!!!!

Total posts: 7
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:34 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I try to combine iljimae episode 16 with the soft sub, but it wouldn't. Do anyone have any ideas what's wrong and why it won't allow it to put it together? If anyone knows, pls help me...^^
sungieOffline

Total posts: 568
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

ani01manga wrote:
I try to combine iljimae episode 16 with the soft sub, but it wouldn't. Do anyone have any ideas what's wrong and why it won't allow it to put it together? If anyone knows, pls help me...^^

It'd help a lot if you posted error message here, and also mentioned what version you have as a RAW. Also, what program are you using? VirtualDubMod?

And remember you cannot re-distribute the hardsub unless you subbed it yourself Smile
aXn08cottOffline
Total posts: 168
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: How to convert Softsubs to Hardsubs   Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

romantic_wish wrote:

how long is the wait for it???
battlegirlaiOffline
Total posts: 600
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:54 am    Post subject: Re: How to convert Softsubs to Hardsubs   Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

aXn08cott wrote:
romantic_wish wrote:

depending on your computer processing speed and the codec and settings you use to encode it and the size of the file, a 48 minute episode of a show can take anywhere from 2 hours to 9 hours...sometimes longer, but that has rarely happened for me. if you are running any other programs, it slows down the encoding a bit. generally its best to set something to encode right before you go to sleep so you aren't running as many extra programs
aXn08cottOffline
Total posts: 168
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:08 am    Post subject: Re: How to convert Softsubs to Hardsubs   Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

battlegirlai wrote:
aXn08cott wrote:
romantic_wish wrote:

depending on your computer processing speed and the codec and settings you use to encode it and the size of the file, a 48 minute episode of a show can take anywhere from 2 hours to 9 hours...sometimes longer, but that has rarely happened for me. if you are running any other programs, it slows down the encoding a bit. generally its best to set something to encode right before you go to sleep so you aren't running as many extra programs

damn that long wow my computers gonna heat up fast then...
man oh man this better be worth it or else it gonna suck and..
ani01mangaOffline
Total posts: 7
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

sungie wrote:
ani01manga wrote:

It'd help a lot if you posted error message here, and also mentioned what version you have as a RAW. Also, what program are you using? VirtualDubMod?

And remember you cannot re-distribute the hardsub unless you subbed it yourself Smile

Yes, I use VirtualDubMod to join the soft sub with the video?

RAW video: Iljimae.E16.080710.HDTV.XviD-Ental

Soft Sub: Iljimae.e16.kor.080710.hdtv.xviD-ental.kst.cichlid
jenpardenoOffline
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

hi i've been converting soft sub to hard sub..i successfully converted it but when i play the video the hardsub has shadow..i cant read it clealy..

Anyone has a suggestion what went wrong?
lavenderMist234Offline

Total posts: 3
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I have a problem converting files. I was trying to convert the following file:

You're Beautiful.E02.091008.HDTV.X264.450p-HAN
then a error occur saying:

Couldn't locate decompressor for format 'H264'
VirtualDub requires aq Video for Windows (VFW) compatible codec to decompress video. DirectShow codecs, such as those used by Windows Media Player, are not suitable.

How do you solve this?
sungieOffline

Total posts: 568
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

lavenderMist234 wrote:
I have a problem converting files. I was trying to convert the following file:

You're Beautiful.E02.091008.HDTV.X264.450p-HAN
then a error occur saying:

Couldn't locate decompressor for format 'H264'
VirtualDub requires aq Video for Windows (VFW) compatible codec to decompress video. DirectShow codecs, such as those used by Windows Media Player, are not suitable.

How do you solve this?

Open ffdshow VFW configuration and make sure you don't have "disabled" for H.264/AVC. In other words: change it to libavcodec.
AkumaXOffline

Total posts: 1234
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:36 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I suggest downloading the XviD Ental rips, since VirtualDub can't (explicitly) handle the h.264 HAN files Smile
msbliaOffline
Total posts: 5
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I have a question.

I can load the .ssa subtitles onto the video, but when I tried converting the video with the subs, the subs with 2 lines dont show, in other words, when a person is talking, and there are 2 lines, one on top and one on bottom, the bottom line gets cut off. I tried resizing teh video, but that didnt work either.

so, does that mean that I have to go through all the subs and fix the subs into 1 long line? cos that will be a hassle for all 16 episodes!!

BTW, I am using Subtitle workshop to convert .srt to .ssa and Virtual Dub.
I dont know if I am missing any codecs or anything.

so, please, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
AkumaXOffline

Total posts: 1234
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

why not just convert the video with the .srt?
msbliaOffline
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:10 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

AkumaX wrote:
why not just convert the video with the .srt?

I tried with the .srt file. but the subs are not showing up.
and if i convert the .srt to .ssa, the second line subs are getting cut off.
are there any other subbing programs besides VirtualDub that can put in hardsubs without the second line getting cut off?
hafizadamOffline

Total posts: 218
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

as for the .srt, do you have the VobSub filter installed?

SEEDING: Ghost Mama Sousasen | Nagareboshi | Shinzanmono
msbliaOffline
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:33 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

ahh, that's what i forgot to do.
it didnt work at first but it did now.
I installed vobSub, but there were no textsub so i had to reinstall the vobsub again.
it works now!!

thank you so much!!!
esmer86Offline

Upload Addict
Total posts: 9181
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I've installed everything correctly and even tried one video to see it works but It degraded the video a little. Does anybody know a trick so it could keep its clearity? My MAJOR problem right now is that I have an video that gives me a VirtualDub Warning. it says that my AVI: stream 1(audio) has a non-zero start position of 534 samples (+33 ms). Virtual Dub does not currently suppost a non-zero start time and the stream will be interpreted as starting from zero.

umm...what does that mean? scratch
bmwracerOffline

Total posts: 5454
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

esmer86 wrote:
I've installed everything correctly and even tried one video to see it works but It degraded the video a little. Does anybody know a trick so it could keep its clearity? My MAJOR problem right now is that I have an video that gives me a VirtualDub Warning. it says that my AVI: stream 1(audio) has a non-zero start position of 534 samples (+33 ms). Virtual Dub does not currently suppost a non-zero start time and the stream will be interpreted as starting from zero.

It's just a warning... I think you can ignore it unless you see a audio/video sync problem.

I've seen the message in the past and have always ignored it. Smile

To maintain video quality, you need to change the encoding settings for the encoder you're using... In my case, I typically choose anywhere from 1-4 in XviD with single-pass encoding.

esmer86Offline

Upload Addict
Total posts: 9181
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

bmwracer wrote:
esmer86 wrote:

It's just a warning... I think you can ignore it unless you see a audio/video sync problem.

To maintain video quality, you need to change the encoding settings for the encoder you're using... In my case, I typically choose anywhere from 1-4 in XviD with single-pass encoding.

thanks after the warning i thought something was wrong with the video so i didnt try to do anything with it but now i'll give it a shot. For the quality purpose too! salut
bmwracerOffline

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

esmer86 wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
esmer86 wrote:

thanks after the warning i thought something was wrong with the video so i didnt try to do anything with it but now i'll give it a shot. For the quality purpose too! salut
Hope it works out for you... thumright

CiciOffline
Total posts: 11
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

THanks so much for the explanation, I didn't know how to compress it, so my files always got REALLY BIG!!
But I was wondering one thing.. I have an .avi file I want to sub, but it sais it's not supported.. But it works with my other .avi files.. Is there anything I have to do??

And, I was wondering, what software do I use to convert .mkv files??

I'm sorry if it's been asked before.. Hehe..

If you can help me, I would be REALLY greatfull ^_^
bmwracerOffline

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Cici wrote:
THanks so much for the explanation, I didn't know how to compress it, so my files always got REALLY BIG!!

Yeah, if you don't encode it using DivX or XviD the file is really huge. sweating

Quote:
But I was wondering one thing.. I have an .avi file I want to sub, but it sais it's not supported.. But it works with my other .avi files.. Is there anything I have to do??

What program are you using?

What file is it?

Quote:
And, I was wondering, what software do I use to convert .mkv files??

The easiest program to use would be avidemux: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/AviDemux

Good luck. thumright

outcast_withinOffline

Total posts: 142
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/download.php?id=11221
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/download.php?id=11261
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/download.php?id=11276

could someone please convert these three srt subs for me into ssa?

I googled how to myself and learned how and succeeded a couple of times. But these files get an error and won't convert fully to ssa and another program works but it shows the subs on to up side of the screen.

Pleaaase _|O|o
bmwracerOffline

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

^ Why do you need to convert them to .ssa?

You should be able to use the .srt files without any problems...

Reply to topic    D-Addicts Forum Index -> Fansubbing All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: