http://d-addicts.com

Register

HOME DRAMAS WIKI STATS HELP (FAQ) SEARCH GROUPS PROFILE PRIVATE MESSAGES LOGIN

Seo Dong Yo / Ballad of Seodong [Eng Subs] (Complete)

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic    D-Addicts Forum Index -> Subtitles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alfredoOffline
Total posts: 87
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Seo Dong Yo / Ballad of Seodong [Eng Subs] (Complete)   Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

As coordinator of this Seo Dong Yo English subtitle project, I'm pleased to announce the release of episodes 1-13 English Subtitles for Seo Dong Yo.

The files are timed to Hodoli 700 MB avi files and they are formatted with special characters that display best on a PC or Mac. Many stand-alone DVD players may not be able to display some of the text correctly. In the future, I plan to produce a stand-alone DVD player version....I need one myself! The team has strived to bring to you quality subtitles that are equal to the quality of this most excellent drama. Additional episodes will be posted as they are completed. Who knows, we may make it to 55!

The shamed will give birth to sadness,
sadness will give birth to a child of mistake.
The child of mistake will light up the incense
and the one who lights up the incense
will become a king.
The king will re-establish Baekje,
and gain the greatest glory and honor.

Link to Cast of Characters slideshow at Hou Leng Jai
http://www.redshift.com/~lorac/seodongyo8.html

Clubbox Links
http://clubbox.co.kr/touya
http://clubbox.co.kr/iyagi
http://clubbox.co.kr/busle318 (dedicated to Jo Hyun Jae)

SUBTITLES
Timed to Hodoli 700 MB files and brought to you by...

Editor/Coordinator Lorac
Translation Priscilla and 1Korea
Timing/QC Lorac and Seirin

Episodes 1-13
Episodes 14 & 15
Episode 16
Episode 17

SBS DVD subtitles posted by yukirin and retimed by Alfredo
Seo Dong Yo_ep.1-9.rar
Seo Dong Yo_ep.10-18.rar
Seo Dong Yo_ep.19-21 [retimed].rar
Seo Dong Yo [22-30 of 55].rar
Seo Dong Yo [31-38 of 55].rar
Seo Dong Yo_ep.39-47 [retimed].rar
Seo Dong Yo_ep.48-55 [retimed].rar

Last edited by alfredo on Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:22 am; edited 7 times in total

bshaterOffline

Total posts: 303
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

wow! someone is actually trying to sub this long series alone. thats amazing Alfredo! hope you make it. thanks!
loracOffline

Fansubber
Total posts: 382
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Any reference to Clubbox links in my posts that follow have been removed.

Last edited by lorac on Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
alfredoOffline
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

True, episode 1-6 is too brief. and Prinscilla said could do them. and yes i'm going to try my best. i want to see what it's like to sub a whole series. i know it's long to i want to be the first to do that much alone.
loracOffline

Fansubber
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

alfredo wrote:
True, episode 1-6 is too brief. and Prinscilla said could do them. and yes i'm going to try my best. i want to see what it's like to sub a whole series. i know it's long to i want to be the first to do that much alone.
Alfredo, I just watched ep 7 with your subs. Good job. If Priscilla can find the time to fill in the missing dialgoue that would be great. I noticed your credit for minor translations...I guess you speak Korean. A 55 episode drama is quite an undertaking...I can relate since I'm working on Only You with Seirin. It takes me so long. I can only speak for myself in this regard ...but I do tend to agonize over words, phrases and punctuation, trying to achieve perfection...I'm sure Priscilla could vouche for that... so when you said you hoped to do one a day I was impressed...skeptical, but impressed! I look forward to more...I do love this drama.
alfredoOffline
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I don't speak korean but i assume for most parts, what is being said.
loracOffline

Fansubber
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

alfredo wrote:
I don't speak korean but i assume for most parts, what is being said.
Ah, I guess we all do that with this drama. Helps to have a vivid imagination.

Last edited by lorac on Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
HudsonnOffline

Total posts: 4503
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Wow nice surprise alfredo! Thank you for trying to make subs for this series!

Heo Yun Mi
gigOffline
Total posts: 4
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

i love this series. thanks alfredo for taking initiatives. i'd like to volunteer to help out in this project but i'm pretty new to d-addicts and only use subtiltle workshop for a month Roll Eyes

i have watched the series in Chinese sub. My chinese is pretty basic but i think it's enough to fill in some missing dialogues if that would help.

let me know if i can be of any help.
alfredoOffline
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

thanks gig, that will be welcomed and greatly appreciated. I don't mind the help with the missing dialogues.

UPDATE
Episode 9 (50% timing done).
my eyes hurt.
loracOffline

Fansubber
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

alfredo wrote:

UPDATE
Episode 9 (50% timing done).
my eyes hurt.

... when you get down and out and feel like quitting, let us know. We'll inspire you to continue.

Last edited by lorac on Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
robertc173Offline
Total posts: 24
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Question   Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thank you for starting this subtitle project.
I hope someone will please load the series from ep 1 onwards, thank you.
alfredoOffline
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

UPDATE
Episode 9 (timing complete)
just editing left.
gigOffline
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:26 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Here's Ep. 7 (edited/ added missing dialogues)
Let's see if I can catch up with alfredo. You are so fast.

Seo Dong Yo Ep.07.srt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Seo Dong Yo Ep.07.srt
 Filesize:  42.69 KB
 Downloaded:  1090 Time(s)

WroW
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:28 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thanks for the subs...maybe you could work together with koreancat who uploads all episodes with complete subs on youtube Smile
priscillaOffline
Total posts: 33
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

WOW!!!

You guys are really GREAT!!! cheers cheers cheers

Thanks Alfredo for starting this, and thanks dear gig for your nice input!

Now now, you guys are really motivating me to GO on my own translating work! And I don't feel I'm doing this by myself anymore... There's also Koreancat doing her own subbing at Youtube...

But tis true... the first episodes are less complete. The later episodes become longer and longer... since them more I do it, the more perfectionist I become... and there's ALWAYS mistakes I find I made... scratch

ONE QUESTION THOUGH: I'm really a computer illiterate. While checking out the subs, I noticed some words come out mixed with Korean... I tried changing the encoding, but I don't know how. Am I the only one getting this? Can anyone help me?
alfredoOffline
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Here is episode 9. Sorry for the delay, editing was a B****.

thanks lorac, I have corrected the timing issue.

Seo Dong Yo_ep.09 (05-10-04).srt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Seo Dong Yo_ep.09 (05-10-04).srt
 Filesize:  50.19 KB
 Downloaded:  694 Time(s)

Last edited by alfredo on Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
WroW
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

alfredo wrote:
Here is episode 9. Sorry for the delay, editing was a B****.

Thanks Smile
HudsonnOffline

Total posts: 4503
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thank you alfredo, gig & priscilla for all your hard work!

Heo Yun Mi
loracOffline

Fansubber
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Actually the avi files at Youtube are not complete...at least the episodes I watched. A lot of scenes were skipped. My thought was that they leave out what is consider unimportant or missing dialogue translation. I think that Priscilla's dialogue is the most complete, and even she did not do all the scenes until later. I guess no one has ripped the English subs from the HK DVDs....until someone who knows Korean volunteers, that would be a starting point for some of the missing dialogue, although from the comments I've read the HK translation is almost unintelligible at times.

Last edited by lorac on Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
gigOffline
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Um'...I agreed with lorac that the English sub from HK version is pretty bad. But surprisingly I found the Chinese sub of the same version in good order. (I compared them with Priscilla's translation and they seem quite accurate)

What I try to do is filling in the missing dialogues by translating from the Chinese sub. Since my Chinese is quite limited, those who know Korean may find some mistakes in it. I'l be glad if someone who know Chinese or Korean re-edit what I have done to perfect our sub. salut

I'm almost done with Ep. 8 missing dialogues. Big Smile
alfredoOffline
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Here is episode 10.

This will be the last for sometime due to the fact that I've aggravated an old back injury. as a result of this speed subtitling (4 days straight).

hope you're not appointed as i promised subs but circumstance prevents.

Seo Dong Yo_ep.10 (05-10-10).srt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Seo Dong Yo_ep.10 (05-10-10).srt
 Filesize:  43.42 KB
 Downloaded:  608 Time(s)

WroW
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

alfredo wrote:
Here is episode 10.

This will be the last for sometime due to the fact that I've aggravated an old back injury. as a result of this speed subtitling (4 days straight).

hope you're not appointed as i promised subs but circumstance prevents.

Don´t worry no subber releases 1 sub every day...especially not for a 55 episode Drama Big Smile ...take your time we are patient.

@lorac
But the later episodes seem to be complete on youtube...just the first episodes are incomplete...but they are good enough to catch up till ep 7 and than use alfredos subs Smile
gigOffline
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Episode 8 - added missing dialogues.

Seo Dong Yo Ep.08.srt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Seo Dong Yo Ep.08.srt
 Filesize:  42.78 KB
 Downloaded:  514 Time(s)

drjoohleeOffline
Total posts: 8
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Seo Dong Yo / Ballad Of Suh Dong [Eng Subs] (Ep 7-8 of 5   Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

alfredo wrote:
This is the subtitle for episode seven and eight. I will continue to make the remaining subtitles.

Is Episode 1-6 available? How Can I have Episode 1-6? Thanks salut
alfredoOffline
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

no there are no subs for ep. 1-6 yet due to no translation.

note it might take quite sometime for it to be done. I'll do it after I finish ep. 55. so that's a long time, provided the translation is done.
CatrisOffline

Total posts: 220
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thanks alfredo for all your hard work.

Don't worry take your time ^__^

priscillaOffline
Total posts: 33
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

alfredo wrote:
no there are no subs for ep. 1-6 yet due to no translation.

note it might take quite sometime for it to be done. I'll do it after I finish ep. 55. so that's a long time, provided the translation is done.

Repeating what others are saying, take your time...

As for moi... Due to unexpected happenings in my life, I must slow down, but I still want to do this. So instead of translating 2 episodes per/week, I'll try to do at least one...

AJA AJA FIGHTING!
DuanChingPhongOffline
Total posts: 14
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thank you very much for Subtitle.
Don't remember change topic , "Seo Dong Yo / Ballad Of Suh Dong [Eng Subs] (Ep 7-8 of 55)" -> "Seo Dong Yo / Ballad Of Suh Dong [Eng Subs] (Ep 7-10 of 55)"
alfredoOffline
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: SEO DONG Episodes 44 -46.   Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

hi, everyone. it's been awhile. i will continue from episode 44 to episode 55[end].

Here's episodes 44 - 46.

Seo Dong Yo_ep.46 (2006-02-20).srt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Seo Dong Yo_ep.46 (2006-02-20).srt
 Filesize:  33.46 KB
 Downloaded:  475 Time(s)

Seo Dong Yo_ep.45 (2006-02-14).srt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Seo Dong Yo_ep.45 (2006-02-14).srt
 Filesize:  28.76 KB
 Downloaded:  469 Time(s)

Seo Dong Yo_ep.44 (2006-02-13).srt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Seo Dong Yo_ep.44 (2006-02-13).srt
 Filesize:  28.34 KB
 Downloaded:  519 Time(s)

DuanChingPhongOffline
Total posts: 14
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

E44-46 Which Version ?
350MB KokolyLove or Lonewolf Version? Or 700MB HODOLi Version?
loracOffline

Fansubber
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Alfrredo, I see you have gone to the later episodes. That's cool. At this point, any episodes with English subtitles is good! Appreciate your efforts.

Last edited by lorac on Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
chitato_80
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Wow alfredo... thanks for starting this..
I love this series and have been reading priscilla's translation and watching koreancat's uploads on youtube... I would love to watch the HQ episodes with English subs.

I am really hoping that SBS will release the official DVD boxset with English subs.... what do you guys think of that possibility ?

Fansubber
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

chitato_80 wrote:
I am really hoping that SBS will release the official DVD boxset with English subs.... what do you guys think of that possibility ?
I'm hoping .... but no one seems to know or care. I keep asking Yesasia, but it is not a big deal to them. They are quite non-commital. Somehow I think the fans care more than SBS, but them one day they will most likely release it. Maybe some of our Korean friends can pose the question to SBS.
SnyOffline
Total posts: 66
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Got the same question too.. Which version works best for the subs? I'm planning to download the torrent, but too many versions out there.. please.. if anybody knows the answer.. I trully appreciate it.
loracOffline

Fansubber
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Sny wrote:
Got the same question too.. Which version works best for the subs? I'm planning to download the torrent, but too many versions out there.. please.. if anybody knows the answer.. I trully appreciate it.
I'd say go with the Hodoli, an excellent quality avi, especially with the later episodes, and if needed adjust the subs.

Last edited by lorac on Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
BanniiOffline
Total posts: 166
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Im not whinning, i just find it odd, there is several jumps between the sub translation? I know there are diffrent translator for ep 1-6 and the 7-, but why not work togheter and finish the 1-6? and than continue from there. Everything else is splendid and keep up the good work.
alfredoOffline
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

the reason i decided to continue from 10 to 44 is because most of the others are on youtube.
hope that helps.
BanniiOffline
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

alfredo wrote:
the reason i decided to continue from 10 to 44 is because most of the others are on youtube.
hope that helps.

You mean there are already translated elsewhere?
alfredoOffline
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

go to youtube. the episodes are hardsubbed.
chitato_80
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:03 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Great news from YesASia
... a subtitled DVD boxset is coming out soon...

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code-k/section-videos/pid-1004494342/

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

chitato_80 wrote:
Great news from YesASia
... a subtitled DVD boxset is coming out soon...

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code-k/section-videos/pid-1004494342/

Yes I hope someone will rip out the subs...but it must be a big SDY fan, if you look at the price Roll Eyes
BanniiOffline
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I cant find the episodes on youtube. Anyone up for giving me directions? Thx Big Smile
bloodwraithOffline
Total posts: 38
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Dam! I was too late Laugh

Saw one of you kind soul had uploaded the first 1-18 subs, before the server went down!

Well appreciates if anyone who had it could reupload it. If not then its just too bad, hehe
loracOffline

Fansubber
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Actually, the subs are in raw form and are not timed to the avi files. They require editing... a lot! The English is atrochious. Some sentences don't even make sense. I'm editiing episode 1 now. I'll leave it to the original poster to repost the files.
bloodwraithOffline
Total posts: 38
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Yeah, I realized how bad the subtitle were, when I read about them from pople who had bought it.

Nice work lorac thumleft

I think whoever is doing the subtitle for selling should hire someone like you or the fan-subbers, that way we can guarantee quality subs Cool

Its a shame I don't know enough Korean to help you out, hehe
loracOffline

Fansubber
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Priscilla's translation is so much better. They should have hired her! I find it hard to believe that the posted subs are SBS. Only You had issues, but nothing like these. I cannot guarantee subs will be posted in a timely manner... perfection is something to strive for. The drama itself is perfection, the subs should be of the same quality. Anyone who has seen the Only You subs might agree that taking one's time has merit.

Someone might want to do a quick edit and timing for those who do not want to wait. The subs are so bad I need to find a Korean collaborator just to figure out what some of the characters are saying.

Would the person who posted the rips please contact me via PM?

Last edited by lorac on Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
alfredoOffline
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

This is the retimed episodes from 1-18 from the DVDrip submitted early.

Seo Dong Yo_ep.10-18.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Seo Dong Yo_ep.10-18.rar
 Filesize:  153 KB
 Downloaded:  4564 Time(s)

Seo Dong Yo_ep.1-9.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Seo Dong Yo_ep.1-9.rar
 Filesize:  150.63 KB
 Downloaded:  5737 Time(s)

tummibiOffline
Total posts: 9
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

does anyone happen to have subtitle for 19 - 21?! THANKS in advance!!!
BanniiOffline
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Geat job been wating for that!
Reply to topic    D-Addicts Forum Index -> Subtitles All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: