http://d-addicts.com

Register

HOME DRAMAS WIKI STATS HELP (FAQ) SEARCH GROUPS PROFILE PRIVATE MESSAGES LOGIN

Densha Otoko [Eng Subs] (Complete + Extras + DX SP)

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Jump to page:

Reply to topic    D-Addicts Forum Index -> Subtitles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greyhorseOffline
Fansubber
Total posts: 105
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject: Densha Otoko [Eng Subs] (Complete + Extras + DX SP)   Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

EPS 1-8 SUBTITLES UPDATES:
This drama was just too hilarious; I was actually banging my fists on my desk. It was also incredibly real to me too. It's rare that so many of the references mean so much to me. Part way through the drama I decided I had to sub this, and so here it is.

Starting from episode 2, I'll be using the Korean translations for their timing work. I've modified them a little to match what I write, but their files really speed up the work. My hats off to them. And thank you tianj, for always sending me the Korean translation files.

Ep. 5 sub info:
The Japanese term stalker referrs to anyone who follows their object of interest home, takes pictures of them, roots thru their garbage...

Ep. 8 info:
Thanks again to everyone who offered suggestions and their help for the translations. I'm fortunate that I have such knowledgeable people to call on for help. Thanks as well to everyone who cheered me on from the sidelines. My thanks also go to pocemit for uploading this episode. I really had a good laugh watching this ep.

Special thanks go to JT for the sushi. For those of you keeping tab, I barely put up a fight before letting JT pay. I felt honored that you took the time out of your busy schedule to hang out with me before heading off to Tokyo for your vacation. I just hope any residual trama you suffered from the sheer boredom has worn off by now...

Last but certainly not least, thanks to junkboy77 for uploading this series. Enjoy it everyone!

The Unfortunate News:
I know this is the worst possible thing I can pull on everyone, but due to sudden changes in person circumstances, I won't be able to devote any where near as much of my time to subtitling this series as before. This means that subs could take as much as a week or more to complete. Now that people have become used to receiving subs days after the RAWs become available, I don't think it'll be fair making people wait so long. Although I would have liked to complete this series on my own, I think it would be best for everyone if someone else took over subbing the the last 3 episodes.

I realize that anyone who works on a drama wants to be involved from the beginning. Asking someone to take over a project when it's nearly finished borders on insult, and I'm sincerely sorry for this. A popular drama like this must be a subtitler's dream, and I'm sure there were other people, perhaps more qualified than me, who wanted to subtitle it. To abandon a project like this partway is stabbing a lot of people in the back, and I'm so very sorry for this.

My decision to sub this series was a spontaneous decision carried out in the excitement of watching the first episode, and while I didn't forsee such popularity for these subs, I wasn't exactly thinking either. The first week after releasing the subtitles for ep. 01, the number of downloads for the subs had just passed 300, and I expected this number to drop in later episodes as people lost interest. We're now in the thousands, and the number of people who are affected by my decision has increased by an order of magnitude. This is the reason why I'm asking someone else to take over the subtitles. I still would like to complete this series, but there are too many fans of this drama who would be crushed at having to wait so long.

If anyone is interested in subbing the remainder of this series, please contact me to let me know you'll be working on it. Otherwise, I'll be working on it like before, but for a much delayed release. Anyone who does take over the series is free to use my previous subs in anyway they'd like. Perhaps you might like to re-issue eps. 1- 8 in your own style.

Once again, my deepest apologies to everyone whose hopes I've betrayed. Whatever happens, I hope you will continue to support Densha Otoko until the end.
-greyhorse

About New Subtitlers:
Good news! I've recieved messages from 3 people so far who are willing to work on the series, so we'll definitely get subtitles by someone. Masakun, aviness, and freemink have all responded to the call, but this does leave the question of who will end up working on them. If one of you three wants to let someone else work on them, this would make things easier, but then again 3 different subtitles might be interesting to see. Any of you can message me for suggestions or confer amongst yourselves. Either way, thanks for volunteering.

Update: Masakun will be releasing subtitles of his own regardless of what happens. I wish you the very best vibes and will hope that inspiration comes your way when you most need it. Sometimes you just gotta kick back and listen to some tunes before that phrase pops up.
Additional: freemink will defer to Masakun's enthusiasm, but will be standing by in case Masakun cannot finish the subs.
-greyhorse

-----------added and edited by mods--------------------
EPS 9-11 (+SPECIAL) SUBTITLE UPDATES:

Ep. 9 subtitle files:
3 versions available (click on names to download):
aviness [pg. 50]
densha-lover and Sirynx77 [pg. 54]
Masakun [pg. 52]

Ep. 10 subtitle files:
3 versions available (click on names to download):
aviness [pg. 63]
densha-lover and Sirynx77 [pg. 67]
Masakun [pg. 70]

Ep. 11 Finale subtitle files:
4 versions available (click on names to download):
aviness [pg. 76] (with Kanji Karaoke version)
aviness [pg. 76] (no Karaoke version in case you have problems displaying Kanji)
Masakun [pg. 82]
densha-lover and Sirynx77 [pg. 82]

Densha Otoko NG Special Subtitles:
Timed to this torrent
aviness & OTL [pg. 83]

Densha Otoko Another Finale SP:
Timed to this torrent
aviness [pg. 89]

Densha Otoko Deluxe SP:
Timed to this torrent
subs by Masakun

P.S. feel free to contact xiaryx (preferably via PM) or other moderators about changing the first post if you updated your sub or have a new sub available. Many thanks!

Densha Otoko [ep1-8].zip
 Description:
Episodes 1-8 eng subs provided by Greyhorse.

Download
 Filename:  Densha Otoko [ep1-8].zip
 Filesize:  131.3 KB
 Downloaded:  208324 Time(s)

Last edited by greyhorse on Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:19 pm; edited 39 times in total

mirikoOffline

Total posts: 244
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:55 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thank you so much for the subs!!!! I have really been wanting to watch this since everyone keeps talking about how hilarious it i! Thanks for the hard work!

If you havesome time for an interview PM me... It would really help me out:)

www.ivegotatheory.com Wub
hiyokoOffline
Total posts: 43
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

so fast,thanks GREYHORSE.
blackstarjrOffline
Total posts: 1042
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:12 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

oooh..nice...hope to see u continue the subs..thanx a lot for ep1 sub
kusmogOffline
Total posts: 229
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:33 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thank you! I'll be watching this tonight! Thanks Thanks!

Total posts: 136
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:39 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

omg thank you so much, shall watch it now. the other dramas i've been watching v attentively, trying to understand.
darkflame21Offline

Total posts: 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:05 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Wow its great that everyone is gunna get to watch and understand this so early. Smile This and slowdance are already being translated, thats pretty crazy for new dramas. Smile

cytodexOffline
Total posts: 58
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:31 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Incredible ! Thanks. I thought I had to wait for weeks if not months for the subs.

You made our day.

Hey, GREYHORSE, you are a Canadian. So am I, from Ontario too !
yt_toshiOffline

Total posts: 1401
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thanks greyhorse for posting the subs. For convenience, it's best to name the file after the video filename so that you don't get newbies asking why the subs don't show up. Smile Big Smile

Great job thumright

My 1000th post: How to be a Good Fansubber Smile

Last edited by yt_toshi on Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Y_T

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:43 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Super fast subs.. Thanks Suprise

By the way Densha Otoko is officially highest ratings this season w00t

Yay!!

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Densha_Otoko

Last edited by Y_T on Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
RomanceOffline
Total posts: 1052
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:24 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Awesome, thanks thanks thanks!
donna8157
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:59 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Wow, thank you so much greyhorse for subbing this drama! I watched it without subs and caught about half or so but the internet conversation part went by too quickly. Anyway, this drama is great and the main character is adorable .. in a dorky way. =) Thank you!
TerrybOffline
Total posts: 56
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

thanks for the subs Smile
MRZXZOffline
Total posts: 37
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

WOW

thanks man. Great work there form the subs. Big Smile
JisatsuOffline

Total posts: 138
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

oh god! thnks a lots!!!

I saw it and I really wantedd to really udnerstand it...I laguged a lot even I didn't know exactly what they were saying pinch
WroW
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thank you! Smile
yo-chanOffline
Total posts: 54
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:57 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

so fast *_*

great... thanks!!!! <3~

so now only teh episode has to arrive ><
cannot ait to watch it *_*
yukichanOffline
Total posts: 49
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Wow! Thanks for the subs! They were great!
And this show is awesome!! I was laughing non-stop throughout the whole thing!!
Laugh
chinamp3Offline
Total posts: 80
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

thank you very much for translating! i know that it takes a lot energy and hardwork
itoMisak1Offline
Total posts: 1
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

thansk alot....
new here and a big ito misaki fan
nice to meet u guys
myunus
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thanks dude for the subs Big Smile Big Smile
inaOffline
Total posts: 282
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thank you so much for the subs. I greatly enjoyed it.
urchinOffline
Total posts: 77
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Domo arigato gozaimasu. Watch it without subs, it was still funny. Anybody have good looking legs I can take pictures of, LOL.
Gimpy8877Offline
Total posts: 19
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thanks so much for these subs, good translation and quality. Great series thanks again!!!!
AkiramikeOffline

Total posts: 1313
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thanks for the subs greyhorse!

urbanscrappy
Fansubber
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thanks greyhorse.
I'm liking this alot.
LowestOffline
Total posts: 465
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:10 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Awesome Cheers!
jayphOffline
Total posts: 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

urchin wrote:
Anybody have good looking legs I can take pictures of, LOL.

OMG LOL LOL LOL LOL TV TV TV
:bunny:

Fansubber
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:59 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thank you for the subs greyhorse! ^^
CtrlVOffline
Total posts: 21
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

thank you for the subs! this is one of the funniest and most refreshing shows ive seen in a long time
shortcutOffline
Total posts: 18
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

thank you so much for the subs. a really funny drama.
mikomi
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Tongue Haha, I love this drama.. laughed a lot while watching it raw, and now with subs, I can understand it a lot better. Thank you so much for the subs, greyhorse!!

Watching: JIN, Ohitorisama, Liar Game 2
crossing_byOffline
Total posts: 77
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:50 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

osukaresamadeshita ...

arigatou gozaimashita ....

Big Smile

myunus
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

thank dude one more time.. ep 1 is good... this drama gives hope to all the LOSERS out there... (not me) hahaha Big Smile
HuhuhahayOffline
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

thx man, this is great!
c_2_gOffline
Total posts: 4
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: why doesn't it work for me?   Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I am pretty sure my BT is ok because I have been able to download other things. I just saw this show on TV tonight here (Thursday 7/14) and I really want to see the first episode but I tried downloading from the link after logging in and it says, "This is not a valid torrent file. (not a valid bencoded string)".

edit: sorry I am new, didn't know that this is a sperate subtitles file to accompany the original movie file

Last edited by c_2_g on Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Ca-BinhOffline
Total posts: 15
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

yay ep02 is uploaded only without subs... Smile Idea
greyhorseOffline
Fansubber
Total posts: 105
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Ca-Binh wrote:

Yes, I have to get around to that sometime *after* I finish downloading it.
Ca-BinhOffline
Total posts: 15
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:42 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

ah thanks!!! i really really really like the first episode so i really look forward to it,this kind of drama makes jdramas my favorite. w00t
darkflame21Offline

Total posts: 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:29 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

ep 2 was lotsa fun I cant wait for more. Smile

c_2_gOffline
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: fantastic   Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Got it to work with the subtitles using VLC player. Awesome job on the translation!!! I am so happy I was able to find this.
cytodexOffline
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Honestly, we are all waiting for the subtitles for ep 2. But, be fair to greyhorse-san (and others) that are subbing and don't rush them 'cause they do that out of their free times. I guess fans of this drama should patiently wait as we don't want to stress the subber(s) too much...

For now, I am just happy to have finished dl'ing ep 2.

I know the sub will be around soon.
wachiOffline
Total posts: 562
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I hesitated watching this drama at first, but since it has english subs, that makes my life a lot easier... thank you for subbing it. It's pretty hilarious.
cytodexOffline
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Side question. I am curious to know why there are other local japaneses dl'ing this series, as I can see that some fans are from Japan. Does it mean this drama is only available in specialty channel or pay tv/cable??
HuhuhahayOffline
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

greyhorse wrote:
Ca-Binh wrote:

Yes, I have to get around to that sometime *after* I finish downloading it.

Thx, your work is greatly appreciated!!
c_2_gOffline
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:26 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I download it so I can watch it with subtitles. My Japanese is not that good and I don't understand most the dialoague without them. Also I am just here for the summer so I want to take it back and show some of my firends that I think would like it.
fairxOffline
Total posts: 93
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:00 am    Post subject: More softsubs!!   Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thank you very much for subbing this. More and more softsubs coming in fast and even from individuals.. !

Very good improvements. it saves a lot of times! Many ppl can edit subs and make pretty .ass/.ssa file with their fav fonts, or even reencode them to make hardsub copy. BUT not many ppl can actually translate.

I'm not saying that hardsubs are bad, but faster softsubs sure saves a lot of time (..& bandwidth).

thank you again!

Total posts: 108
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:48 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

greyhorse, if u ever need extra help with translating, tell me Big Smile
ninja057Offline
Total posts: 30
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new. Smile
I'm working on a fan-sub of Densha Otoko ep.2. I'm just doing it to keep my Japanese from rusting until I get into class again. It's not a 100% perfect translation (there are blank spots, and spots I kinda guessed at ^^;;) but I was wondering: would anybody want a copy? Might tide you over until the REAL subbers get done (great job, btw!). ^_^

So, any takers? I'm at about 25% done right now, but if there is interest, I'll try to finish quickly. ^_^
Y_T

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

that's great ninja05. Of course, post them up when your done
This drama surely has super fast subs!

Reply to topic    D-Addicts Forum Index -> Subtitles All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Jump to page:
Page 1 of 31
Jump to: