http://d-addicts.com
 
Register
 
HOME WIKI STATS HELP (FAQ) SEARCH GROUPS PROFILE PRIVATE MESSAGES LOGIN
      

So, What Kdrama are you currently watching? (Part 2)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to page:

 
Reply to topic    D-Addicts Forum Index -> Korean Culture & Entertainment -> KDrama Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Sham26
Avatar

Location: Morocco
Age: 24
Gender: Female
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Watching:
Can we get married: love it .
ChAlice : it has PSH and he's awesome period.

_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Visit poster's website 
NelietsOffline
Avatar

Joined: 02 Aug 2009
Total posts: 832
Location: Latvia
Gender: Male
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I was endlesly searching for a good drama. Dropped Hot Blood, dropped one more(can't remember the title) and I Miss You. But came across Bridal Mask. First episodes were kinda.. not interesanting at all. But a bit later - it got very, very interesting and and I have only 1 episode left and I totally loved it. There wasn't a time when I got bored.

Basically, those who like revenge, action, a pretty girl and a guy that sometimes looks like T.O.P. - it's drama for you. For those who enjoyed The Devil, Resurrection, Bad Guy and so on. Whistling

Now I will have to search for another year to find a very good one again.
Back to top
View user's profile 
in2skyOffline
Joined: 13 Mar 2005
Total posts: 189
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I've just started watching Kdrama a couple weeks ago.
I watch Jdrama since the 90's, but never felt the need or interest to watch Kdrama.

I stumbled upon a video for SHUT UP! Flower Boy Band and got hooked right away. Right now I'm watching another 이민기 drama "Evasive Inquiry Agency", it's quite funny ^^

Could you advise me what other funny/crazy Kdrama I should watch?
Back to top
View user's profile 
Ethlenn
Avatar

Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

If you like Lee Minki, watch Dalja's Spring^^~~

_________________

Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG
Back to top
View user's profile Visit poster's website 
TeckyOffline
Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Total posts: 3
Gender: Unknown
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I Am Sam or also known as I Am Teacher.
Back to top
View user's profile 
arakiraOffline
Fansubber
Joined: 28 Feb 2009
Total posts: 1393
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Ottoke I'm totally in fluff mode. After Panda and Hedgehog and I Do I Do I just finished Flowerboy Band...
Dropped all the melos including 5 fingers, I miss you and nice guy...

Not really satisfied with ChAlice but for PSH I'll endure a little while longer.
About to check out Flowerboy next door but really not sure if I can stand Ms Park ;)
Maybe School 2013 is another option?!
Plus there's new jdrama to check out and drop Mr. Green
Back to top
View user's profile 
ViandeOffline
Joined: 15 Jul 2010
Total posts: 967
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I got drama exhaustion after finished Five Fingers and Arang and the Magistrate and haven't watched much since then.

Needed some fluff with Missing You so started The Thousandth Man and it seems to work. ^^ So I have just these two at the moment, need to take it easy for now.
Back to top
View user's profile 
nangeliqueOffline
Avatar

Joined: 19 Dec 2012
Total posts: 22
Location: Australia
Gender: Female
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I've dropped Panda and Hedgehog, it was okay but I didn't really get interested in it enough to keep going? If you know what I mean...
I'm still watching Missing You (I Miss You), but I'm taking it slow because it's quite heavy on the tears. So, I'm only watching an episode every few days for that... Actually almost only once a week.
I'm watching Cheongdamdong Alice with my parents... Haha. I've gotten them hooked on it. It's pretty good but I had a hard time loving the main girl for a couple of episodes. But now I'm really enjoying it! Watching 2 eps a week since I'm also waiting for the torrent and for the subs Smile
Finally, I'm watching ... Well finishing up Rooftop Prince! I only started watching it a couple of days ago but I only have 4 episodes to go. It's so good! It's a light and funny drama and I'm a bit biased to Yoochun especially after Sungkyunkwan Scandal. The story is interesting and I greatly recommend it!

Smile

**Done with 'Rooftop Prince'. So good.
Back to top
View user's profile 
rootabega
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Just finished My Lovely Sam Soon. Not the biggest rom-com fan, but I have to admit this one sets the standard. Lead actress Kim Seom Ah was phenomenal and carried the whole series for me. 2nd (or 3rd?) lead Daniel Henney was hideous. I found out he won an acting award for this show. What the ----???? Anyways, a brilliant lead actress, a good script, above average camerawork and a way above average score (Ennio Morricone - like, whoa...) made this totally worth watching.
Now I've started on 2007's H.I.T. and I'm on another high here. This series hits the ground running and the lead actress' character, Inspector Cha, is ass-kickingly awesome. This show reminds me of some of my favourite Hong Kong police procedurals, and possibly surpasses them. The production values are absolutely top-notch.
Netliets, are you hearin' this? Big Smile
Back to top
View user's profile 
shiofmedeaOffline
Joined: 27 Jan 2009
Total posts: 511
Location: Paris
Gender: Female
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Back to kdrama land with Flower Boy Next Door - I so needed a bit of fun!
Besides that I dropped everything, ChAlice too even if I adore PSH
I am going to try Queen of Ambition (but I need to endure Yunho, hm.. let's hope plot will be interesting) and 7th level civil servant
Back to top
View user's profile 
NelietsOffline
Avatar

Joined: 02 Aug 2009
Total posts: 832
Location: Latvia
Gender: Male
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

rootabega wrote:
Just finished My Lovely Sam Soon. Not the biggest rom-com fan, but I have to admit this one sets the standard. Lead actress Kim Seom Ah was phenomenal and carried the whole series for me. 2nd (or 3rd?) lead Daniel Henney was hideous. I found out he won an acting award for this show. What the ----???? Anyways, a brilliant lead actress, a good script, above average camerawork and a way above average score (Ennio Morricone - like, whoa...) made this totally worth watching.
Now I've started on 2007's H.I.T. and I'm on another high here. This series hits the ground running and the lead actress' character, Inspector Cha, is ass-kickingly awesome. This show reminds me of some of my favourite Hong Kong police procedurals, and possibly surpasses them. The production values are absolutely top-notch.
Netliets, are you hearin' this? Big Smile

Of course! Mr. Green

I will give it a try, we'll see if it gets to me. thumright
Back to top
View user's profile 
Sajen16Offline
Joined: 27 Jan 2011
Total posts: 273
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Age: 29
Gender: Male
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

let's see

Flower Boy Next Door- I've never related to a female character as much as I do Dok Mi, then again she is for all intents and purposes the female version of me, can't wait for the next episodes.

The Princesses Man- considering that I started this literally 5 minutes after finishing Cheongdamdong Alice I half expect Park Shi Hoo do a Cha Seung Jo and be crazy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website 
Ethlenn
Avatar

Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Sajen16 wrote:
I half expect Park Shi Hoo do a Cha Seung Jo and be crazy.

He's crazy here, but on subtler and more deep level, with better script, actors and filmography.

Watch Sirius, people, watch it!!!! cheers

_________________

Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG
Back to top
View user's profile Visit poster's website 
PeggyOffline
Joined: 18 Mar 2004
Total posts: 1952
Location: USA
Gender: Female
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Hi E.

Are you speaking astronomically re Sirius. I can no longer focus on constellations.
Back to top
View user's profile 
The ChaosOffline
Avatar

Upload Addict
Joined: 23 May 2009
Total posts: 4004
Age: 26
Gender: Female
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

finished Nice Guy and Missing you ....I need break from sad dramas so started School 2013 ^_^

_________________
twitter / My Anime List
Back to top
View user's profile 
mcromanceOffline
Avatar

Joined: 28 Sep 2012
Total posts: 79
Location: Shawol / Blinger
Gender: Female
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Ethlenn wrote:
Watch Sirius, people, watch it!!!! cheers


I realy want to watch it, but without english subs I can't understand anything Crying

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile 
Ethlenn
Avatar

Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Peggy wrote:
Hi E.

Are you speaking astronomically re Sirius. I can no longer focus on constellations.


Wish I am^^ I do have problems with that too.

But drama nicely played the astronomical fact of Sirius being in fact a binary system^^

_________________

Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG
Back to top
View user's profile Visit poster's website 
PeggyOffline
Joined: 18 Mar 2004
Total posts: 1952
Location: USA
Gender: Female
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Smile

OK. thanks.
Back to top
View user's profile 
kathia_sophiaOffline
Avatar

Joined: 27 Feb 2008
Total posts: 163
Gender: Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

i finished May Queen, it was an amazing drama, i recommend!

right now im watching both The Horse Doctor and Dae Jang Geum, 'cause Horse Doctor hasnt finished yet and also because i didnt watch yet DJG!

after watching them, i will start again Yi San and The Painter of The Wind because i put this both on hold for a while. (im at episode 23 at Yi San and ep 2 of TPOTW)
Back to top
View user's profile 
pekkauwerOffline
Joined: 16 Nov 2012
Total posts: 52
Gender: Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Lee young ae and lee yo won really look alike, always confuse them @@
Back to top
View user's profile 
Sajen16Offline
Joined: 27 Jan 2011
Total posts: 273
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Age: 29
Gender: Male
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Flower Boy Next Door- so awesome, though I think I'm allergic to Jin Rak or something

against my better judgement

My Love By My Side- it's slowing down of course, but all I can say is if Mi Sol allows Seok Bin back in her life later on then show and I are going to have some serious problems
Back to top
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website 
Sajen16Offline
Joined: 27 Jan 2011
Total posts: 273
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Age: 29
Gender: Male
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

just started

Golden Time- so I've only watched one episode so far and I know some people thought it was boring but I like it so far. Granted part of it is probably my long standing love and respect for Lee Sun Gyun and my new found love and respect for Lee Sung Min. I am curious though at the end Min Woo failed to save that little girl ,now in a normal medical drama he would have saved her somehow or one of the other doctors would have appeared from nowhere and saved her, is this a one off failure where he uses his failure as motivation to never fail again or does the show continue to show doctors as humans, not magical fix all people?
Back to top
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website 
mcromanceOffline
Avatar

Joined: 28 Sep 2012
Total posts: 79
Location: Shawol / Blinger
Gender: Female
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

So right now I'm watching:
- Flower Boy Next Door (I love Yoon SHi Yoon)
- Incarnation of Money (first episode was kinda boring, but 2nd and 3rd a lot better)
- Hero (from 2009 with Lee Joon Ki - watched 1 episode, cause I need to be in right mood to watch it)
- Protect The Boss waits in line Smile
- started Ad Genius Lee Tae-Baek this afternoon too ...

I'm masochist. 3 on-going dramas at once.


P.S. couldn't resist to make this gif with Ji Hwan Mr. Green


_________________


Last edited by mcromance on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile 
coolcolomboOffline
Avatar

Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Total posts: 58
Location: Dorset, United Kingdom
Age: 17
Gender: Male
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

i'm watching i'm sorry I love you, on episode 8 now. One thing I don't get now is why does Monyk(The guy that like euchan) keep dressing up in disguise and messing with miinjoe????
Back to top
View user's profile 
rootabega
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I'm watching too much at once Crazy .
H.I.T., Damo and now Iris 2 (w/o subs - I'm filling in the blanks with my own imaginary dialogue Space 3000-style Tongue ).
H.I.T. - love the lead to pieces, wish she had a worthier foil (I am SO over the arrogant young princeling antagonist types).
Damo - awesome lead, again, with some manly men playing opposite (rebel leader has the ubiquitous 80% Errol Flynn, 20% Jesus formula happening). Boatloads of wire-fu and swordplay. Characters can't seem to keep track if the lead is a male or a female, and don't seem too worked up over it anyways. Can't seem to figure out what anyone's motivation is from the lowliest convict to the mighty king, let alone what the rebels are rebelling against. I'm not too concerned because I'm getting entertained first and foremost. Bonus points for the, um, eclectic score which features the squealing of electric guitars usually heard during sports highlights reels alongside of the swelling orchestral sounds of sword and sandals epics from bygone years. Big Smile
Iris 2 - easier than falling off of a log to get what's happening without the subs. Some may take this as a bad thing. I am pleased because I like my actioners to look good and speak without pretension. Down with melo - up with action, I say! rambo
Back to top
View user's profile 
PeggyOffline
Joined: 18 Mar 2004
Total posts: 1952
Location: USA
Gender: Female
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I am trying to watch 'Queen Insoo'. It has been on and off TV in my area but I try to keep up with it because I find it fascinating. No subs but I still have become deeply attached to these characters. It is a different look at this story and time from others I have seen. Ham Eun Jung has done a remarkable job playing the young Queen. I have been really impressed with her. They have just moved on to the next actress at the older age, and it was quite a little jarring time for me. I really liked Eun Jung. She surely will go on as a fine actress with more roles in the future.
They were pretty cruel and vicious in those days weren't they.

I would watch this over again if there were ever subs.
Back to top
View user's profile 
Issy
Avatar

Location: London
Gender: Female
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

oh dear god, I have been away from this thread for too long. so what I have been watching...
right now
Flower Boy Next Door: got hooked since ep1 and I really can't live without it. Tongue Enriqu's smiles just cheer me up and the whole drama just make me happy when I watch it. I just needed a simple fluff romcom to enjoy and FBND just delivers what I want every week. I am actually feeling kind of sad now that we got only 4 eps left. Crying hope it stays great till the end.

Started That Winter, The Wind Blows yesterday and again I am hooked. totally loved the first 2eps. what more do I want, Jo InSung and Kim Bum in great bromance.

apart from these two, I am totally dramaless. Sad

forgot to add
dropped ChAlice from ep8. I just couldn't take more of that crazy storyline.
and still have 6 eps of The Great Seer to watch. Silly me just can't watch Choi Young gets executed by LSG Crying but over all Ji Jin Hee was just a delight to watch. as always Tongue

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile 
creidescaOffline
Avatar

Fansubber
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Total posts: 1255
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Gender: Female
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:44 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Peggy wrote:
I am trying to watch 'Queen Insoo'. It has been on and off TV in my area but I try to keep up with it because I find it fascinating. No subs but I still have become deeply attached to these characters. It is a different look at this story and time from others I have seen. Ham Eun Jung has done a remarkable job playing the young Queen. I have been really impressed with her. They have just moved on to the next actress at the older age, and it was quite a little jarring time for me. I really liked Eun Jung. She surely will go on as a fine actress with more roles in the future.
They were pretty cruel and vicious in those days weren't they.

I would watch this over again if there were ever subs.


Isn't this drama available on dramafever and on mvibo, both sites carry eng subs for it.

_________________
ENG subs currently working on:
Family, to the Nth Power
Partners (Aibou) S12
C-dramas in need of transcribing of ENG subs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website 
Sajen16Offline
Joined: 27 Jan 2011
Total posts: 273
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Age: 29
Gender: Male
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:43 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Iris 2- I enjoy it but did they really have to kill Sung Dong Il so fast? he didn't even last half of episode 2.

That Winter, the Wind Blows-
Back to top
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website 
PeggyOffline
Joined: 18 Mar 2004
Total posts: 1952
Location: USA
Gender: Female
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Hi creidesca, Smile

I have checked recently and I find dramafever is not the easiest site for me to get a drama.

I do not know the other site but will look out for it. many thanks.

I really am enjoying this drama even tho it has been a bit choppy in being shown lately. I think it is a new channel or at least a new Korean site on this channel. I am also keeping up finally with 'Happy ending' which is now being shown only on a Friday. No subs either but very interesting.
Back to top
View user's profile 
soulstarOffline
Avatar

Joined: 08 Nov 2005
Total posts: 38
Location: San Francisco
Age: 28
Gender: Male
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

    Flower boy next door
    Iris2
    Cheer up mr. kim
    Cain and abel
    Level 7 civil servant

Enjoying flower boy next door a-lot! Also, thinking about watching jeon woo chi and school 2013 now that they're done.

_________________
"Yo man, don`t eat those."


Last edited by soulstar on Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile 
creidescaOffline
Avatar

Fansubber
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Total posts: 1255
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Gender: Female
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Peggy wrote:
Hi creidesca, Smile

I have checked recently and I find dramafever is not the easiest site for me to get a drama.

I do not know the other site but will look out for it. many thanks.

I really am enjoying this drama even tho it has been a bit choppy in being shown lately. I think it is a new channel or at least a new Korean site on this channel. I am also keeping up finally with 'Happy ending' which is now being shown only on a Friday. No subs either but very interesting.


Then you definitely need to check out mvibo. They also have Happy Ending with e-subs. They carry most of the jTBC dramas with e-subs. I'll get a paying membership to mvibo once they start subbing the daily drama Thorn Flower or when they finish completing subbing it.

_________________
ENG subs currently working on:
Family, to the Nth Power
Partners (Aibou) S12
C-dramas in need of transcribing of ENG subs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website 
HowImetJamieOffline
Joined: 21 Feb 2013
Total posts: 5
Location: The Midwest Swamplands
Age: 25
Gender: Female
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I just starting watching KDramas this past year and FELL IN LOVE. So I'm playing catch up right now, pretty much! I just finished Dream High a few minutes ago (and it was so fsldkjjdf good, even though Hyemi didn't end up with who I wanted her too--but that's okay) Anyways, I'm trying to decide now if I should watch Dream High 2... I'm assuming Hyemi's little sister is going to be in it which would be pretty sweet.

Someone suggest me a few to watch! <3
Back to top
View user's profile 
Ethlenn
Avatar

Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

creidesca wrote:


Then you definitely need to check out mvibo. They also have Happy Ending with e-subs.

Those are probably the best words I have heard lately. Really?? Wub

_________________

Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG
Back to top
View user's profile Visit poster's website 
Sajen16Offline
Joined: 27 Jan 2011
Total posts: 273
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Age: 29
Gender: Male
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

HowImetJamie wrote:
I just starting watching KDramas this past year and FELL IN LOVE. So I'm playing catch up right now, pretty much! I just finished Dream High a few minutes ago (and it was so fsldkjjdf good, even though Hyemi didn't end up with who I wanted her too--but that's okay) Anyways, I'm trying to decide now if I should watch Dream High 2... I'm assuming Hyemi's little sister is going to be in it which would be pretty sweet.

Someone suggest me a few to watch! <3


never make assumptions and whatever you do don't watch Dream High 2, they took all that was so awesome about Dream High season 1 and then sucked the soul out of it and replaced it with a gateway to hell, also there is a recommendation thread here so I'll just give you a few suggestions.

Coffee Prince- a gem of a show some of the most real kisses and such you'll ever see in a K drama, also I guarantee you'll fall in love with Yoon Eun Hee, Gong Yoo and Lee Sun Gyun

Soul/Hon- just simply one of the best stories to ever grace dramadom and Im Joo Eun is spectacular

Secret Garden- you'll find widely differing opinions on this one, well all of them really but this more so than most, however I loved it and fell in love with both Hyun Bin and Ha Ji Won, to this day the elevator scene is one of the most amazing acting performances I've ever seen anywhere.

Shut Up Flower Boy Band- a wonderful bromance with some wonderful music and one of the best cameos ever

Thank You- I love the story, the directing, the writing, the setting, the whole cast just everything, honestly though it's Jang Hyuk giving one of the most intense and perhaps best performance of his career in the first half that makes this show.

Vampire Prosecutor - a nice action/crime drama with more in common with western dramas than eastern

Taerung Natonal Village- short and sweet story of Olympic athletes done right
Back to top
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website 
Ethlenn
Avatar

Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Small reminder: HERE is a recommendation thread Glare

_________________

Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG
Back to top
View user's profile Visit poster's website 
2kwik2canOffline
Avatar

Joined: 20 Feb 2013
Total posts: 30
Gender: Female
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I'm currently watching My Flower Boy Neighbor. Enrique is an interesting character.
Back to top
View user's profile 
PeggyOffline
Joined: 18 Mar 2004
Total posts: 1952
Location: USA
Gender: Female
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

For some reasom I am not feeling very enthusiastic about Kdramas recently. I was so delighted with Mushin that it made all other dramas look very amateurish. Only Queen Insu and Happy ending have me in line to watch.
I began to watch Golden Time and it did not grab my interest and I really am not interested in mud and animals in the way they are showing them here. I think the character of the young Princess is over drawn and not at all believable. She has too much freedom for a Princess I think. I turned off the episode last night since it ws obvious that the action taken against the horse doctor would not succeed or else the drama would end pretty fast. It is a little transparent and somewhat repetitious.

Another drama is called' Missing You', I think. I don't quite understand it all because I have missed some of the episodes. The acting seems pretty good since I think it must be a very heavy drama. The cast is fine and the older women are very strong. Yoochun has made such big strides in all directions with his choice of roles.
This one is difficult I would think but he makes it interesting and believable.
worth watching.
Bit of a struggle with Jeon Woo chi. It gets mired down at times and the actors do their best with some of the awkward scenes that repeat themselves. I like the way they do the magic especially the occasional comic reactions from swirling dust etc.
Back to top
View user's profile 
Ethlenn
Avatar

Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Peggy, I knew you were my soulmate, but now I'm sure of it. Somehow I can't force myself to finish any recent kdrama (Happy Ending and Mushin were last year and I watched HE without subs anyway). I partially blame TWdramas and TWentertainment, plus stress.

I'm still going slowly through That Winter The Wind Blows (because of Kim Beom, damn, he's a man now, really) and Flower Boy Neighbour (for no special reason whatsoever).

Missing You I liked very much even though I realized it's going down the cliff from ep 15.

_________________

Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG
Back to top
View user's profile Visit poster's website 
PeggyOffline
Joined: 18 Mar 2004
Total posts: 1952
Location: USA
Gender: Female
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Well I am getting my jollies from youtube and some of the videos they put up. I just watched one about a year old of Kimura and Sanma talking during one of their shows. I think Kimura was telling a ghost story or about a night when he could not sleep and was having a strange dream off and on. I would like to know what that was all about.
Also cheering up with Big Bang and Tabi. He can be so funny.

Someone sent me a powerbracelet....like the one Kimura has worn for years.
As of now my taxes are still waiting to be done. Oh Well.
Back to top
View user's profile 
HowImetJamieOffline
Joined: 21 Feb 2013
Total posts: 5
Location: The Midwest Swamplands
Age: 25
Gender: Female
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Peggy wrote:
I was so delighted with Mushin that it made all other dramas look very amateurish.


Wow, I'll be sure to watch Mushin after seeing that review! but maybe I'll wait a few months or so and watch more lame KDramas first so Mushin doesn't ruin every drama from here on out for me lol.
Back to top
View user's profile 
shiofmedeaOffline
Joined: 27 Jan 2009
Total posts: 511
Location: Paris
Gender: Female
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Iris2 - a lot of action for start make me a bit afraid about future but I am going to enjoy it as long as I can
Back to top
View user's profile 
PeggyOffline
Joined: 18 Mar 2004
Total posts: 1952
Location: USA
Gender: Female
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:30 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I tried to watch an episode but honestly the lighting was so bad that the darkness of the scenes made it impossible for me to understand what was going on. I did realise that there were several people doing untold violence and I think there were a few cars involved. Did not finsih the episode. I will try again later.
Back to top
View user's profile 
HowImetJamieOffline
Joined: 21 Feb 2013
Total posts: 5
Location: The Midwest Swamplands
Age: 25
Gender: Female
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Sajen16 wrote:
HowImetJamie wrote:
I just starting watching KDramas this past year and FELL IN LOVE. So I'm playing catch up right now, pretty much! I just finished Dream High a few minutes ago (and it was so fsldkjjdf good, even though Hyemi didn't end up with who I wanted her too--but that's okay) Anyways, I'm trying to decide now if I should watch Dream High 2... I'm assuming Hyemi's little sister is going to be in it which would be pretty sweet.

Someone suggest me a few to watch! <3


never make assumptions and whatever you do don't watch Dream High 2, they took all that was so awesome about Dream High season 1 and then sucked the soul out of it and replaced it with a gateway to hell, also there is a recommendation thread here so I'll just give you a few suggestions.

Coffee Prince- a gem of a show some of the most real kisses and such you'll ever see in a K drama, also I guarantee you'll fall in love with Yoon Eun Hee, Gong Yoo and Lee Sun Gyun

Soul/Hon- just simply one of the best stories to ever grace dramadom and Im Joo Eun is spectacular

Secret Garden- you'll find widely differing opinions on this one, well all of them really but this more so than most, however I loved it and fell in love with both Hyun Bin and Ha Ji Won, to this day the elevator scene is one of the most amazing acting performances I've ever seen anywhere.

Shut Up Flower Boy Band- a wonderful bromance with some wonderful music and one of the best cameos ever

Thank You- I love the story, the directing, the writing, the setting, the whole cast just everything, honestly though it's Jang Hyuk giving one of the most intense and perhaps best performance of his career in the first half that makes this show.

Vampire Prosecutor - a nice action/crime drama with more in common with western dramas than eastern

Taerung Natonal Village- short and sweet story of Olympic athletes done right


THANK YOU! My RL friends aren't into these foreign dramas (and I am falling in love with them SO HARD lol) so I joined this to find some people/make frieeends to give me specific recommendations of the best dramas. I want to watch ones made pretty much from 2010 til now that are fluffy as f. I'm sure there's a lot of good older ones too, but I'd rather watch higher video quality for now until I run out of newer ones.
Back to top
View user's profile 
kathia_sophiaOffline
Avatar

Joined: 27 Feb 2008
Total posts: 163
Gender: Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

i catched up with the latest episode on Horse Doctor, so i put on hold Dae Jang Geum and started to watch My Flower Boy Neighbor and i picked up The Painter of the Wind (where i stopped at ep 2).
Back to top
View user's profile 
Issy
Avatar

Location: London
Gender: Female
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Watching Flower Boy Next Door made me obsessed and addicted to YSY so I started watching 'Me Too Flower' and so far I am really loving it. Wub

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile 
mcromanceOffline
Avatar

Joined: 28 Sep 2012
Total posts: 79
Location: Shawol / Blinger
Gender: Female
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Issy wrote:
Watching Flower Boy Next Door made me obsessed and addicted to YSY so I started watching 'Me Too Flower' and so far I am really loving it. Wub


"Flower Boy" is brilliant. "Me Too Flower" - great drama also.
But lately I watched "Baker King, Kim Tak Goo" aka "Bread, Love and Dreams"- Yoon Shi Yoon's first lead role after debut. And it was daebak !!! I couldn't stop watching it, so 4-6 episodes in a row was normal Whistling I stoped watching only when I was sleepy very late at night. It was that great.

And about drama I started lately, it's "My Daughter Seo Young" and I absolutely fell for Sang Woo Wub I want a guy like him faint
So now my list of guys I would like to be my boyfriend got 1 new member LOL

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile 
Issy
Avatar

Location: London
Gender: Female
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

mcromance wrote:

"Flower Boy" is brilliant. "Me Too Flower" - great drama also.
But lately I watched "Baker King, Kim Tak Goo" aka "Bread, Love and Dreams"- Yoon Shi Yoon's first lead role after debut. And it was daebak !!! I couldn't stop watching it, so 4-6 episodes in a row was normal Whistling I stoped watching only when I was sleepy very late at night. It was that great.


That was my first YSY drama that I watched when it just finished airing. It was good at first and kept me interested but as story progressed it did lose its spark and became boring after while and I lost interest so had to drop it near the end. I have to admit that I did not know Enrique was Kim Taku at first. sweating

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile 
mcromanceOffline
Avatar

Joined: 28 Sep 2012
Total posts: 79
Location: Shawol / Blinger
Gender: Female
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Issy wrote:
That was my first YSY drama that I watched when it just finished airing. It was good at first and kept me interested but as story progressed it did lose its spark and became boring after while and I lost interest so had to drop it near the end. I have to admit that I did not know Enrique was Kim Taku at first. sweating


I agree that storyline started to be a little boring at the end. But I didn't care. I was just watching it because of YSY. And I wanted to know how Tak Goo's relationship with Mi Sun will be Whistling

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile 
klouviosOffline
Joined: 23 Jun 2012
Total posts: 41
Gender: Unknown
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Ad Genius Lee Tae Baek
Back to top
View user's profile 
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    D-Addicts Forum Index -> Korean Culture & Entertainment -> KDrama Discussions All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to page:
Page 9 of 15
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum