http://d-addicts.com

Register

HOME WIKI STATS HELP (FAQ) SEARCH GROUPS PROFILE PRIVATE MESSAGES LOGIN

RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE JDRAMAS (ask for suggestions here)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 83, 84, 85  Next
Jump to page:

Reply to topic    D-Addicts Forum Index -> Japanese Culture & Entertainment -> JDrama Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
charia-chanOffline
Total posts: 719
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

EriKira, have you tried Zeni Geba?

subbing: Otome-san (ep 8 50% translated)

I am able to seed most Querbeet releases (480p versions)
PM me Smile

Twitter: chariachan

panadolOffline
Total posts: 32
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

seirin wrote:
EriKira wrote:
Anyone can suggest me a psychological thriller dorama ?

so far I have watched Liar Game , Bloody Monday , Joker , Guilty , Soumato Kabushikigaisha (the newest psychological thriller)

I found these pretty interesting. Higashino Keigo Mysteries, 11 Moji no Satsujin, Kairoutei Satsujin Jiken, Brutus no Shinzo, Marks no Yama, and Yokoyama Hideo Anthology.

SithSylar wrote:
Jdrama people has there been any really sad jdrama come out this year or plan to in the future. I have seen most of the sad drama available and im really wanting more please if anyone can help it would be a life saver!

Beautiful Rain is pretty sad. It just finished airing not long ago. It's about a single parent dad who has Early-onset Alzheimer's disease.

thanx for the recommendations... I've only watched Liar Game and The Quiz Show... I can't find any more psychological dramas...

can't finish Bloody Monday season 2... it is too draggy in my opinion... season 1 was good though...
EriKiraOffline

Total posts: 329
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

charia-chan wrote:
EriKira, have you tried Zeni Geba?

thanks, man. I just watched it and it was really a good dorama.
Too bad it didn't get best dorama because it was Liar Game which got it that year.
But it was suppose to be as good as Liar Game Big Smile Big Smile

Any psychological thriller dorama to be recommended ? Big Smile
I want to watch such dorama salut

Quote:
I found these pretty interesting. Higashino Keigo Mysteries, 11 Moji no Satsujin, Kairoutei Satsujin Jiken, Brutus no Shinzo, Marks no Yama, and Yokoyama Hideo Anthology.

I will try to watch these Big Smile
\

NOW WATCHING : Doctor X 3, Nobunaga Concerto, First Class 2
lo0O0ol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Hello everyone!
Please help me out: my wife and I like to improve our knowledge of Japanese by watching dramas.
So we're always in need of some suggestions.
As we are already over thirty years old, there are a lot of things we can't stand anymore — like shallow Aidoru shows, endless „gambaru“-talk, ever returning plot devices like the „big incident/ returning ex“ in the next-to-last episode and stupidities like people running to the hospital with somebody on their back who's nearly dying because he catched a cold after being hit by three raindrops.

Our japanese is not yet good enough for medical shows or shows with a lot of technical or juridical babble. (But we aren't very interested in such shows either.)
So far we liked:
# light-hearted family shows like „Oyaji“, „Otousan“, „Dareyori Mama wo aisu“ and „11nin mo iru“
# quirky shows like „Trick“, „Shikaotoko“ and „Yuusha Yoshihiko“
# and older slower shows like „Kita no kuni kara“

We postponed the watching of several shows, because we feel that at our present level we wouldn't enjoy them very much („SOIL“ and „Atami no Sousakan“).

Right now we're watching „Marumo no okite“ and „Oyako game“.

So what do you think this cranky old couple could enjoy?
Thank you for every little thought.

By the way, my wife also liked „Nodame Cantabile“ a lot.
jasmineeOffline

Total posts: 283
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

lo0O0ol wrote:
Hello everyone!
Please help me out: my wife and I like to improve our knowledge of Japanese by watching dramas.
As we are already over thirty years old, there are a lot of things we can't stand anymore — like shallow Aidoru shows, endless „gambaru“-talk, ever returning plot devices like the „big incident/ returning ex“ in the next-to-last episode and stupidities like people running to the hospital with somebody on their back who's nearly dying because he catched a cold after being hit by three raindrops.

Our japanese is not yet good enough for medical shows or shows with a lot of technical or juridical babble. (But we aren't very interested in such shows either.)
So far we liked:
# light-hearted family shows like „Oyaji“, „Otousan“, „Dareyori Mama wo aisu“ and „11nin mo iru“

We postponed the watching of several shows, because we feel that at our present level we wouldn't enjoy them very much („SOIL“ and „Atami no Sousakan“).

I love Oyaji, Yoshihiko and 11 nin mo iru too w00t
I think you might like Risou no Kekkon, Oh! my girl!!, Seigi no mikata, Brother beat, My boss my hero, Papa to musume no nanokakan, Otomen and maybe Hotaru no hikari thumright
RetroHelixOffline

Total posts: 297
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

lo0O0ol wrote:
Hello everyone!

So far we liked:

Maybe Double Kitchen with Yamaguchi Tomoko is to your liking.
k361Offline
Total posts: 2547
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

lo0O0ol wrote:
So far we liked:

check out for comedy/romance
Kekkon Dekinai Otoko
Double Kitchen
Risou no Kekkon
Suekko Chounan Ane Sannin

from running season test Tokyo Zenryoku Shoujo - I am suprised from this drama.

lo0O0ol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thank you for your good suggestions, jasminee, RetroHelix and k361.

We've already enjoyed „Papa to musume no nanokakan“ and found the male lead hilarious.
We've watched the first episode of „Kekkon dekinai otoko“ 2-3 years ago, but as our Japanese at that time was still at a toddler's level, we went back crying to „Tanoshii Muumin ikka“ and „Atashin’chi“ Smile — so now seems to be the right time for it.
I had already downloaded the first episode of „Double Kitchen“ some time ago, but never got around to take a look at it. This show seems promising too.
We've also watched the first episode of „Brother Beat“ a week ago, but need a second one to decide.

I took a quick look at the first episode of „Risou no Kekkon“, „Suekko Chounan Ane Sannin“, „Tokyo Zenryoku Shoujo“ and „Seigi no mikata“ and will now see what my wife has to say about them.

It seems, we'll have plenty to watch now for the holiday season.
Again, thank you very much.
KaninOffline

Total posts: 193
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Hi, which drama do you think is the best, say top 5 or so this year 2012. any genre, don't matter. just pure good quality 9/10 or 10/10 dramas.

for reference I consider top dramas to be

1 litre of tears
aoi tori
love generation
bugmenot3
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

This has probably been asked before, but could somebody suggest some jdramas for 2012 - I don't mind what others may rate them - any genre is fine. Also, if there are any jdramas which aren't from 2012 but you would rate highly please suggest them - I have seen alot of the "popular" jdramas already - alteast those which interested me.
timetravellerOffline

Total posts: 126
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

to all d-addicts... any suggestions for a dorama similar to:
my boss my hero, seigi no mikata, KDO, BOTR or any romantic comedy from 2011-2012 will do..

thanks in advance! and happy viewing to all jdrama addicts out there. TV
EriKiraOffline

Total posts: 329
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

bugmenot3 wrote:
This has probably been asked before, but could somebody suggest some jdramas for 2012 - I don't mind what others may rate them - any genre is fine. Also, if there are any jdramas which aren't from 2012 but you would rate highly please suggest them - I have seen alot of the "popular" jdramas already - alteast those which interested me.

hmm if you are looking for 2012 drama, it can be seen here :
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_108618_75.htm

I would like to suggest :
PRICELESS , Kagi no kakatta heya , Legal high , Tokyo Zenryoku shoujo , Tokyo airport (new genre) , Rich man poor woman , iki mo dekinai natsu , nanryoku tairiku , Doctor X

I like those and I think you will be delighted too

NOW WATCHING : Doctor X 3, Nobunaga Concerto, First Class 2
AyoraOffline
Total posts: 2
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Which one(s) should I watch?   Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I've been watching dramas for a while now and it's a kind of TV-show I like very much. I was introduced to it back when My Boss, My Hero (one of the best shows ever, imho) was released. Since then, I've watched Dragonzakura and Liar Game which come close second on my list. I've watched others : HanaKimi (first version), Hana Yori Dango, even the new GTO (although it's nothing compared to the original manga) and a few others.

But the problem is... I've never watched anything that can compare with those three dramas. They're all so inspirational and "life-teaching" that it's been hard to find anything similar. So my only option is to turn to you guys and gals for advice. If you have any suggesion about that kind of show, please feel free to share... Thanks in advance!
kakkoiiOffline
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I think it is natural to want to watch one that is better than the ones you admired, however you are likely to find yourself missing out on interesting dramas. One suggestion is to watch the first five minutes of every new series. You will get an idea of the pace of the movie, the plot and most importantly, if you like it.

In this manner, I discovered Tomohanae, a six-episode drama on calligraphy and judo. Enjoyed it tremendously though the ending is a bit too ambiguous, sad and hopeful for me. Why should they take this course of action when there are many other alternatives. By sticking with traditions or culture, they limit their options.
GirOffline

Total posts: 686
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

GaussAlgorithmusOffline
Total posts: 570
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

"Saigo Kara Nibanme no Koi", one of the best dramas I've watched so far. It's a little bit different though. Smile
If you liked "My Boss my Hero" including the main actor you will definetly like "Utahime" because it also has Nagase Tomoya in the lead role, and tells a really nice story while being awesomely funny most of the time. Smile The first two episodes are a little bit slow though, but after this, the story takes up pace really nicely. I watched it in one sitting. Smile

Last edited by GaussAlgorithmus on Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:54 am; edited 1 time in total
ooyooOffline

Total posts: 460
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:47 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Some of my favorites over the years:

Long Vacation
Love Generation
Ashita no Kita Yoshio
Love Shuffle
JIN
Maou
Nodame Cantabile
Osen
Unfair
Don Quixote

They're all different genres but they've all got a certain special "something" that kept me tuned in and wanting more. It's a combination of good story, interesting characters and great chemistry among the actors, rolled into an excellent production.
switchgirlOffline

Total posts: 164
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

You should try to watch all different genres of dorama because they are so interesting. Try these:

Jin
Nodame Cantabile
Code Blue
Mother
Daisuki!
Guilty Akuma to Keiyakushita Onna
Byakuyako
Buzzer Beat
Brother Beat
Water Boys

And don't forget SWITCH GIRL Laugh
AyoraOffline
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thanks everyone. I'll look up some of the dramas you recommended and I hope I'll find what I'm looking for! Smile

(ROFL Gir, I don't have time for that... :p)
kotsukotsuOffline
Total posts: 206
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

By the way, Dillon writes the following for the Japan Times (http://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/fl20120519td.html) about his ideal Japanese TV drama:

> The one plot to Japanese TV dramas I would like to see:
> Ugly kid gets cancer but survives and grows up to be a
> serial killer because no one ever visited her in the
> hospital, not even her doctors. She specializes in slaying
> high school rejects but is cornered on a seaside cliff by
> an eccentric detective who is accidentally pushed into the
> waves by monkeys. Killer then becomes a cooking show
> host, serving whipped cream on rice and corn on the cob
> held with chopsticks...

Haven't seen a drama with this theme yet, but maybe next season...
PeggyOffline
Total posts: 1952
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

It would be better if you were to lay off the rice wine a little.That story outline wil never fly. Cut out the monkeys for a start. Roll Eyes
kuroioni_akariOffline

Total posts: 10
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Hey guys!^^
Lookking for a romance drama Smile

My favourite dramas:
- Kimi wa Pet - not because of the master - pet relationship, but because the plot was just good, nicely performed and I enjoyed the dynamic between the leads
- Kkotboda Namja (Boys Before Flowers)
- Nodame Cantabile

What I want:
- there must be a developing relationship between characters (evolving further than first kiss etc),
- the actors must be good i.e. no artificial looking acting, good and plausible dynamics between the leads;
- a strong/intelligent female lead (like Kimi wa Pet), had enough of stupid/crybaby girl falls in love with the most popular boy in school.

Things I don't like in dramas:
- it gets on my nerves when main characters are all grown ups and the only development during the whole series is them kissing (Skip Beat! which otherwise was good and I enjoyed it, but not as a romance:/ )
- I don't want the fairytale style of plot (where they realize their feelings throughout the whole series, then there is that one kiss (or rather 'peck') and that's it! They lived happily ever after. Bleh)
- plot twists or developments/obstacles depending on some stupid coincidences/misconceptions.

Thank you very much for taking your time to help me! m ( _ _ ) m
Cheers!
ooyooOffline

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:58 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I'm with you - but those dramas are tragically few and far between Sad Here are a few I've found and enjoyed:

Korean:
What Happened in Bali
Cain and Abel
Bittersweet Life/ La Dolce Vita
Secret Garden
The City Hall
Coffee Prince

Japanese:
Love Shuffle
Long Vacation
Love Generation
Beautiful Life
Last Friends
A Million Stars Fall from the Sky

Chinese:
Yu Guanyin/ Jade Goddess of Mercy (The only other ones I've watched are wuxia. Too 'confucious' to make the cut Smile )
RetroHelixOffline

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

ooyoo mentioned some really good ones. I like to add Tokyo Love Story to the list (a drama without kimutaku^^).
dawnstar12Offline
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Hi guys , new to jdramas , Any PERIOD / ACTION / ROMANCE drama to recommend?
sunflower63Offline
Total posts: 215
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I absolutely loved Jin and Jin 2. They are Japanese period dramas and if you don't mind a few very detailed medical scenes, they are masterpieces.
steev-samaOffline

Total posts: 13
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

It seems like every year I ask the same question.. I like JDrama, but I never have the time to watch it anymore, so I want to know if there are any good drama's that have been released in the last year that are worth watching. I tend to watch the previous year's drama over the course of the year when I do find free time. I did manage to watch one drama from last year, Rich man, Poor Woman. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I ask for suggestions cause it is kind of hard sorting through the subs finding what has actually been finished and it is always best to ask fellow fans what is good.

I like all kinds of drama, but the ones with comedy mixed in tend to be my favorite. The only type I dislike is overly melodramatic stuff.

Anyway, thanks for any suggestions!
Strife91Offline

Total posts: 12
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I would like some recommendations as well. I'm looking for something more serious. No fangirl stuff. I want serious or controversial themes.

http://mydramalist.info/user/2253/strife91
Keiko1981Offline

Total posts: 5535
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Strife91 wrote:
I would like some recommendations as well. I'm looking for something more serious. No fangirl stuff. I want serious or controversial themes.

http://mydramalist.info/user/2253/strife91

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Mother
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Kou_Kou_Kyoushi
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Kono_yo_no_Hate
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Seija_no_Koushin
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Last_Friends

ooyooOffline

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Hm... as far as serious storylines go, these might interest you:

A Million Stars Fall from the Sky
Maou (Johnny's cast, yes, but give it a chance. Or watch the original Korean version!)
Mitsu no Aji (interesting in the way driving by a car wreck is interesting...)
Nagareboshi
Unfair
Ashita no Kita Yoshio
Nemesis4Offline
Total posts: 3
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Hi all,
I am looking for series that are set in the Asakusa area in Tokyo.
Ive been there and I love to see the area again in a serie.
Im starting Asakusa Fukumaru for that reason, and totally love tiger and dragon (as a good series and because it plays in Asakusa).
Type of drama can be all; comedy, drama, thriller.

I hope there are more series that play in the Asakusa area.
Thanks in advance!
Rebecca
arakiraOffline
Fansubber
Total posts: 1393
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

@Nemesis4 try Ando Natsu. It's a nice slice of life drama bout a wagashi maker in Asakusa.
amourexdileOffline
Total posts: 9
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Criminal/Detective Recs   Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I watched Guilty Akuma to Keiyakushita Onna (what a mouthful!) and I really liked the romance between the two leads. For those that haven't watched it- the female lead is looking for revenge and the male lead is a detective trying to stop her. I like forbidden romances like these where the leads are on opposite sides (esp. on opp sides of the law) but can't help falling for each other. I don't care if it is a movie or drama. It also doesn't have to be a specific nationality (I posted in JDrama because Guilty is Japanese). I would greatly appreciate any recommendations.
kitty10

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Criminal/Detective Recs   Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

amourexdile wrote:
I watched Guilty Akuma to Keiyakushita Onna (what a mouthful!) and I really liked the romance between the two leads. For those that haven't watched it- the female lead is looking for revenge and the male lead is a detective trying to stop her. I like forbidden romances like these where the leads are on opposite sides (esp. on opp sides of the law) but can't help falling for each other. I don't care if it is a movie or drama. It also doesn't have to be a specific nationality (I posted in JDrama because Guilty is Japanese). I would greatly appreciate any recommendations.

This reminds me of a 1999 dorama called Koori no Sekai where the female lead played by Matsushima Nanako was being accused of murdering her previous fiances, and Takenouchi Yutaka was the insurance investigator on her tail, along with the police hot on her heels. Give that a try if you haven't seen it, is pretty good.

blog
RetroHelixOffline

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Criminal/Detective Recs   Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

kitty10 wrote:

This reminds me of a 1999 dorama called Koori no Sekai where the female lead played by Matsushima Nanako was being accused of murdering her previous fiances, and Takenouchi Yutaka was the insurance investigator on her tail, along with the police hot on her heels. Give that a try if you haven't seen it, is pretty good.

I second that. Iceworld was a very good drama.
amourexdileOffline
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion! I've actually already watched Koori Sekai (Ice World) and I really enjoyed it. That's just the sort of thing that I am looking for.
shaolinmqnkOffline
Total posts: 3
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

i would like some recommendations about j-drama about food...

so fasr i've enjoyed kodoku no gurume, hungry, shinya shokudou, and osen
do you have any other tips?

thank you
ooyooOffline

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

shaolinmqnk wrote:

Bambino!
Lunch Queen
Teppanyaki Girl Akane
Antique
Shota no Sushi
midwestOffline
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Looking for romcoms like Zenkai Girl and Brother Beat.
PiraiyahOffline

Total posts: 1
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: J-Drama about pregnancy/childcare?   Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I am looking for series about pregnancy/parenting/childcare. Anyone want to recommend me some? =)

Thank you! <3
piyo-yurinaOffline
Total posts: 4
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

how about Ryusai no kizuna?
Ethlenn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

How about asking in the right place instead of creating rec. topic?

Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG
timetravellerOffline

Total posts: 126
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

shaolinmqnk wrote:

so fasr i've enjoyed kodoku no gurume, hungry, shinya shokudou, and osen
do you have any other tips?

thank you

there's this j-dorama "dinner" and also "nobunaga no chef"
charia-chanOffline
Total posts: 719
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Lunch Queen is one of my favorites about food.

subbing: Otome-san (ep 8 50% translated)

I am able to seed most Querbeet releases (480p versions)
PM me Smile

Twitter: chariachan
NykychanOffline

Total posts: 16
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Hello!
I'm a little bit confused. Can you guys please recommend me some good sci-fi, horror, slice of life, arts asian movie, anime or live action? Smile
I really need something like this now
freelifeOffline

Total posts: 20
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
I've been absent from the j-drama world for two years, and last week I watched Rich Man Poor Woman and fell back in love with them. So, if anyone could recommend me any good dramas from 2011-2013, I'd be extremely grateful. =)
a666Offline
Total posts: 1
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Hello, I'm very new to watching jdrama, all I have seen so far is Mei-chan no Shitsuji, Kimi wa Petto, Ouran High School Host Club and Nobuta wo Produce (and a few Super Sentai series).

Can people please recommend me other shows? My only main requirement is that whatever the series is, it has to have a happy ending - no main character deaths in the last episode please.

Additionally, and a bit more specifically, but these things aren't essential, I'd be interested in any show that has incest as one of its themes (but, consensually and with happy ending), and anything that's "slashy" - not necessarily yaoi or shounen ai, and the characters don't have to actually be gay or anything, just a bit grope-happy (like Shuji and Akira in Nobuta wo Produce, and all of them in OHSHC). Or with twins in. Or strong girls/ladies who maybe some misfortune befalls them, but in the end they get the guy (if they want one) and it all ends nicely.

(And preferably without much/any of women being hit by men please.)

...So, I mean, if anyone can help with any of that, I'd be grateful. Thanks =)))
coolcolomboOffline

Total posts: 58
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Hey guys, I need a j-drama to really stick my teeth into.

I just finished watching a k-drama called 'I'm Sorry, I Love You.' loved it. I'm a sucker for those emotional sorta dramas like that. So yeah I'm possibly looking for a drama with a similar sorta theme too it.

I also loved Hana Yori Dango, and Ohisama. So yeah, whatever you think would suit me best.

Arigatou Gozaimasu,

Sam
NoSkillOffline

Total posts: 17
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

freelife wrote:
Hello everyone,
I've been absent from the j-drama world for two years, and last week I watched Rich Man Poor Woman and fell back in love with them. So, if anyone could recommend me any good dramas from 2011-2013, I'd be extremely grateful. =)

Same for me... I stopped watching J-Dramas for a couple of years now because I didn't like the newer ones.

I just wanted to know if there are some new good J-Dramas out there that aired in the time between 2011 and 2013... I'm mostly looking for Drama/Romance

Any kind of recommendation is welcome!
RetroHelixOffline

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I only can think of Mother and Going My Home for very good 'recent' dramas. But Going My Home is certainly not for everyone and neither of them is a romantic.
Reply to topic    D-Addicts Forum Index -> Japanese Culture & Entertainment -> JDrama Discussions All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 83, 84, 85  Next
Jump to page:
Page 80 of 85
Jump to: