http://d-addicts.com

Register

HOME WIKI STATS HELP (FAQ) SEARCH GROUPS PROFILE PRIVATE MESSAGES LOGIN

Suggestions and Small Announcements For Improving D-Addicts

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next
Jump to page:

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    D-Addicts Forum Index -> D-Addicts Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
furransu
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Ruroshin, i hope you read this Sad

Would you be able to make the Subtitles Forum and Torrents sections for Members only please?? (ie. no Guests allowed)

BaekSoo

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Well I think something like soompi.com. Free signup but you need to login to access the site.

Would that be possible?

Anybody objects to this suggestion?

Total posts: 906
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

furransu wrote:
Imo, I think the Subtites forum and the Torrents section should be only accessible to d-addicts members only and not guests..

Anyone agree?

I agree too. Absolutely.

Total posts: 302
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I haven't read through all seventy-something pages on this thread, so I don't know if this has been covered, but for me, the biggest improvement in this site would be to somehow segregate "thank you" messages. I don't know if there's some sort of addon that would allow you to simply click on a "thank you" button to register your thanks.

When I come online to check threads, 99% are thank you messages. I mean, I think it's all well and good to show gratitude and all, but there are a couple of downsides. First of all, if I see a thread with a recent post, even if I'm interested in the subject, I'm probably not going to bother checking it, because it's almost certainly a thank you post. And when there are a hundred updated threads, I'm not going to look very carefully at the list. What's the point?

Also, I'm on a subtitling team, and the thread on our latest project is very busy with thank you messages every time we release a new week's episode. I recently read through it, and someone asked a question about the process, but they asked it two weeks ago. It was buried in the middle of the thank you's. So at this point, it's doubtful he's still waiting for an answer.

In a similar gripe. I wish people wouldn't post a thank for every single episode's thread for older series. So many times, I'll see that someone has posted thank you's in all 11 episodes of a 4-year-old series. Post a thank you in one thread for the entire series.

Sorry for ranting. I just feel that there would be a lot more useful discussion if it wasn't mired in the thank you messages.
iluvasiandramaOffline
Total posts: 686
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

ssih wrote:
In a similar gripe. I wish people wouldn't post a thank for every single episode's thread for older series. So many times, I'll see that someone has posted thank you's in all 11 episodes of a 4-year-old series. Post a thank you in one thread for the entire series.

Sorry for ranting. I just feel that there would be a lot more useful discussion if it wasn't mired in the thank you messages.

So which is it? Do we say thank you or not Crazy I'm asking because I read all over the internet including here that "thank you" is proper. Some teams won't upload or subtitle further episodes if there is no thankful remark. Just sayin...

ssihOffline
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 1 Reply with quote

With the current setup, there's no good alternative. I think saying thank you is a good thing, and I don't think that people should stop. My entire point is that it would be nice if there was an alternative method to express your individual thanks OTHER than posting a message that brings the thread to the top of the list. In my perfect world, there would be a separate list that shows everyone's thanks and short notes, but only actual new posts would "update" a thread.
Ethlenn

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:22 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

furransu wrote:

Would you be able to make the Subtitles Forum and Torrents sections for Members only please?? (ie. no Guests allowed)

I agree.
But truthfully, all sections need profound changes.

Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG
crocusOffline

Total posts: 323
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

furransu wrote:

I agree with this. I think it should be implemented long time ago.
H a n aOffline

Total posts: 143
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

limit downloading to Users and registered members ,,,thats mean guests cannot download and escape !!
ssihOffline
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I'm not against the idea at all - just curious... Are guests a problem? Is there anything stopping a guest from registering solely to download something?
lollercopterOffline

Total posts: 283
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

No, there's no stopping them from doing that. I think the people who don't want to seed aren't going to start seeding even if they are forced to register an account.
xaxaOffline

Total posts: 746
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

ssih wrote:
I don't know if there's some sort of addon that would allow you to simply click on a "thank you" button to register your thanks...

Agree, this could be useful.
Keiko1981Online

Total posts: 5517
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 3:26 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Can the FAQ be updated and include how to download torrents at DA. There seems to one of the question people ask rather often, as they think they just need to click the link in the torrent comments to begin downloading.

Something like:
Click any of the red, blue or green arrow and your download should start. If one arrow doesn't work, try any of the others or click the magnet link (the U-shaped image beside the arrows).

Keiko1981Online

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:40 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I have a suggestion about DramaWiki that has to do with Korean.

Could the editors write out if the Korean dramas is sageuk or taeha drama? Similar to Japanese jidaigeki and taiga dramas.
Sometimes it's just written that it's a 'historical' drama or both 'historical, period' drama and it's hard to know which genre they belong to.

mhpOffline
Total posts: 44
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Separate RSS torrent feeds for each category -- Chinese, Japanese and Korean -- would be wonderful.
takeda_shingenOffline
Total posts: 90
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Suggestion: Don't transform Japanese (and presumably other CJK) text into an uneditable mess of entity numbers, but keep it as unicode in the edit boxes.

(And +1 for "thanks" buttons.)
bluchanOffline

Total posts: 218
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

furransu wrote:

I agree with this, registration its free, at least people should register and not be leechers torrents
SorvasevenOffline

Total posts: 595
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

bluchan wrote:
furransu wrote:

I agree with this, registration its free, at least people should register and not be leechers torrents

That wouldn't solve it. DA has no own tracker anymore, DA is just a forum and index for torrents. Registered users can seed and leech anonymous as guest, no different. The only option would be an own tracker again and a system like Jpopsuki, but that is not the ethic of DA and there were reasons why DA has no tracker anymore. So i guess everything must remain as it is or everything must radical change, but that's very unrealistic!
Wwaldo37Offline

Total posts: 413
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Suggestion: Filter or Separate the "Subtitle Forum" by subtitle written language

I think this would improve the usability of the "Subtitle Forum" considerably, as many users are only interested in subtitles written in a specific language.

I don't know how the "Subtitle index" is filtered into sections but it looks like it can/is-being done, if that could be applied to the "Subtitle Forum"?

Or if there is no existing method to filter by... attempt to "enforce" a language tag in the first forum post that could be searched for?

A language filter wasn't really an issue for me, until Hungarian language subtitles became so popular... which I unfortunately don't read.

Sorry if this has already been discussed... 72 pages is a lot to read thru...
Thanks

AkioAZOffline
Total posts: 8
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: GREAT idea   Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Wwaldo37

good idea

Last edited by AkioAZ on Fri May 11, 2012 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Saltine
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

It's indeed a distributing method.
But IMO there are few people who would do it.

Why don't make a good use of the Request thread instead?

I think that active DA users (that aren't leechers only) keep browsed that thread and help people with their request. At least with recent posts.
For example, few time ago I posted a request help in the thread and I was able to get what I was looking for.

If you want to give specific help, you can always send a PM to the user that made the request.
Or write a line in the shoutbox if you prefer. A line, not a complete post like you did yesterday. Goggle eyes
Keiko1981Online

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I have a suggestion for the forum.
I noticed on Asiator's forum that you can use keyboard shortcuts to format the text.
For example making it bold, instead of typing
Code:
[b]your text[/b]
you can use Ctrl + B.
I tried this at DA, but it doesn't work.

MoerkJOffline
Site Admin
Total posts: 2209
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: re: keyboard shortcuts   Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Keyboard shortcuts will not work if the key sequence has already a meaning in the browser or in the interface of the used operating system.

If you hover the mouse over the "bold button" you see "(alt+b)" which doesn't work here because ALT+B opens the Edit menu of my browser (Edit is Bearbeiten in German). And CTRL+B has another meaning in my Firefox. Different languages and software mean different keysequences. Neutral

We will not add any fancy features to the forum software. To be honest, we are happy that it is still working. The last phpBB2 patch we applied is from 2006. The phpBB Group fully switched to phpBB3 in 2007 and support of phpBB2 ceased on January 1, 2009. Applying official patches was easy. But because we did our own hacks and added several available phpBB mods the forum software is not portable to phpBB3 or anything else anymore.

Organizing the forum structure using the forum configuration (e.g. splitting a forum in several sub-forums) and any administrative forum tasks are no problem at all. But regarding the subtitle forum I see no real benefit because it was never meant as a place were users hang out and discuss. For us it was just a place to drop all the files in a more or less organized way. All discussions belong to the fansub or drama/culture forums.

@all:
Btw, it seems we could need one or two more moderators. Any experienced forum members are welcome. As mod you must for example understand our torrent upload system to manage (aprove/reject) pending torrents etc. Or cleaning up the subtitle or seed request section is another task specific to D-Addicts. Feel free to apply to an active forum moderator/admin you know if you are interested.

--MoerkJ salut

GrimDarkOffline
Total posts: 180
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Suggestion: get people to seed J-dramas. If you miss a batch release, a week or two later its too late.

This makes me feel like crying.

Since the death of filelockers its torrents or nothing.

And due to nobody seeding.

Its nothing.

Great.
Keiko1981Online

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

GrimDark wrote:
Suggestion: get people to seed J-dramas. If you miss a batch release, a week or two later its too late.

This makes me feel like crying.

Since the death of filelockers its torrents or nothing.

And due to nobody seeding.

Its nothing.

Great.

I'm one of those who re-seed/make batches of dramas every 2 week. Currently re-seeding a Kdrama, but previously I've seeded Jdramas.
What I do is save dramas and the torrent files, in that way I can re-seed the dramas.
Nanashi no Gonbey, xaxa, and \( -o _ o- )/ are others.
How to reseed torrents - See question 3

sinodictionOffline
Total posts: 5
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Ola, any chance we could upload the SMALLER versions of the shows to the newsgroups/usenet? Most of the stuff on a.b.multimedia.chinese are 4GB/episode or sometimes even 1.4GB. Wish we could get them in the smaller 350-600MB sizes since they're quicker to download and easier to burn (for those of us who must make several copies for their extended family, ahem).

AND PLEASE RELEASE MORE NEW CANTONESE SHOWS ON THE NEWSGROUPS! PLEASE! I'll take any format as long as the file sizes are not huge. Thank you. Have a good weekend. }]-)
Soul Crusher
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Add rel="nofollow" automatically to all links, be they in the posts or signatures. This will reduce much of the SEO spam this site is getting hit by.
k361Offline
Total posts: 2551
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: re: keyboard shortcuts   Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

MoerkJ wrote:
@all:
Btw, it seems we could need one or two more moderators. Any experienced forum members are welcome. As mod you must for example understand our torrent upload system to manage (aprove/reject) pending torrents etc. Or cleaning up the subtitle or seed request section is another task specific to D-Addicts. Feel free to apply to an active forum moderator/admin you know if you are interested.

--MoerkJ salut

I would help to advise/activate/reject posts in the pending torrent forum.
Can clean up (merge/delete/rename) new threads in subtitle and seed request section, if a guideline is given.

Keiko1981Online

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Suggestion for the links.
Instead of hover links use regular links so it's easier to see what pages you have visited.

A work-around is the change and use your own colors in FireFox, but if you do that then you won't be able to see certain things on other pages.
Be it Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Hotmail etc.
Think it has something to do with the web 2.0.

cikamoiOffline
Total posts: 110
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

please add some taiwan drama. i need taiwan drama for refreshment from korea drama. somehow, i feel bored with korea drama.

the last one i download from DA is Fated love to you.

i hope many member in here could upload taiwan drama in future.

thats only my suggestion. and thanks Smile
lainiwakuOffline

Total posts: 30
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

cikamoi wrote:
please add some taiwan drama. i need taiwan drama for refreshment from korea drama. somehow, i feel bored with korea drama.

the last one i download from DA is Fated love to you.

i hope many member in here could upload taiwan drama in future.

thats only my suggestion. and thanks Smile

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_135028.htm

^^

I would like to have a better handle of subtitle, where subtitle could directely be added to the drama torrent post ! ^^
not separated like now
PrescillaOffline

Total posts: 111
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:04 am    Post subject: Rule: Inclusion of Video Information on Torrent uploads   Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Greetings!

I've been searching for Asian drama and film torrents on the web and I must say that this site has been very helpful.

Although there is one thing I've noticed. Most uploaded torrent posts does not include video information such as resolution, codec, container, etc.

Isn't there a rule or consensus that torrent upload posts must at least contain basic video information?

This would be helpful, because there are people like me, who are very particular of these things. I only download high quality video and so I have to know the codec and resolution before I download them.

Just my thoughts.
Keiko1981Online

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

There is a guide on how to post/name torrents:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1828
The FAQ may need to be updated, and the website recoded/get a new layout.

PrescillaOffline

Total posts: 111
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

The guide is very useful, especially jholic's post.
Angy_angelOffline

Total posts: 28
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

i haven't gone through all 73 pages here cause they're too many so i don't know if this was proposed or not LOL but! i want to suggest some things:

1. i think it might be nice to have 2 additional columns with seeders and leechers to see which torrents are worth taking before actually taking them.

2. batches! i personally looove batches and they're so much easier to deal with than 20 torrents at a time. i've seen this system on other torrent sites and i think it's pretty brilliant: once a series is finished, all the torrents with the single episodes are deleted and a batch for the whole series is uploaded (if there are different versions for raws or resolutions, that many batches are uploaded), therefore the longevity of a series is longer. if you guys were to do this here as well, it would seriously be awesome! Big Smile
huyieOffline
Total posts: 230
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:52 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Angy_angel, d-addicts no longer runs it own bt tracker, so statistics on the number of active seeders and leechers won't be possible.
ssihOffline
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Angy_angel wrote:
once a series is finished, all the torrents with the single episodes are deleted and a batch for the whole series is uploaded [ ... ] it would seriously be awesome! Big Smile

It would seriously be a disaster. So if I want to check out a show to see if I like it, I've got to download the entire series??
Angy_angelOffline

Total posts: 28
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

huyie wrote:
Angy_angel, d-addicts no longer runs it own bt tracker, so statistics on the number of active seeders and leechers won't be possible.

ahh well that makes sense, i didn't know that Smile thanks!

ssih wrote:
Angy_angel wrote:
once a series is finished, all the torrents with the single episodes are deleted and a batch for the whole series is uploaded [ ... ] it would seriously be awesome! Big Smile

It would seriously be a disaster. So if I want to check out a show to see if I like it, I've got to download the entire series??

noo, you could select only the files you want to take. see more here (Q3): http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=141453#141453
lainiwakuOffline

Total posts: 30
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

D-addict team , still alive ?
sometime i feel like d-addict is abandonned
Keiko1981Online

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

lainiwaku wrote:
D-addict team , still alive ?
sometime i feel like d-addict is abandonned

D-Addicts is mostly run by its moderators, uploaders and fansubbers. When needed the admin Ruroshin drop by.

sva1734Offline
Total posts: 1
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: to administration   Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

please dub the dramas into english also so we(pakistani) people could understand it.
Keiko1981Online

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: to administration   Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

sva1734 wrote:
please dub the dramas into english also so we(pakistani) people could understand it.

No (or very few dubbed dramas) is posted here.
Here is the index of subtitles, there are several different languages available.
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/subtitles.php

heat6jonesOffline
Total posts: 127
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Site is too convoluted   Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I really like the site and don't want to sound too negative. I just want to list the troubles I run into to see if there are any workarounds.

1) can't check torrent seeds

I have to start the torrents to see if they are seeded. Sometimes this means starting 10-12 individual torrents and checking each of them. Often uTorrent won't give this info immediately. Also most torrents aren't put into batches which makes the process more difficult.

2) 4 different torrent links

I have to click through them to find which one has the trackers. Often times one is a dead link and another has no trackers.

3) Can't find what series is done or not.

I go to the subtitle forum and often times most the threads are for different languages. I can't filter it to eng subs, I can't search the section for eng subs.

My problem is I like the site and I like dramas but the site makes it difficult to find and watch dramas. I used to just download torrent of the week since with those you know it has seeds and subtitles. That seems to be on hiatus.

If anyone has any tips on how to make the process simpler please advise.
Keiko1981Online

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:01 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

1. The site hasn't it's own tracker. It had in the past, but no longer. Read more here.
2. Several download options. If one doesn't work use another.
I usually use the "red arrow." It appears to work mostly now.
3. Dramas in batches are most of the time complete.
4. Thoughts of dividing up the subtitles forum after language have come up. This may happen after the new forum has rolled out.
Until then, you can use Ctrl + F and to quick search.

underthenightskyOffline
Total posts: 32
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: An I AM SEEDING Shoutbox.   Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

One thing about D Addicts is people will hit and run. I think it's because there's no accountability. Unlike Asia Torrents that forces people to seed and tracks what you do, D addicts is open and up to the user to seed. Anyways, I thought up of an idea to motivate people to seed. I know it would work for me.

**There should be an I AM SEEDING BOX. Just like the shout box, but one on the same DRAMAS page only for saying I AM SEEDING this drama.... this way people would be motivated to seed and everyone will know which dramas have seeds and dl those dramas if wanted.
Keiko1981Online

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

People could add what they are seeding in their signature. There is already a shoutbox, which is often used for seed requests.
Even though there is an index over seed/upload requests

underthenightskyOffline
Total posts: 32
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

The should box is being used bc no one goes over to the seed request page. (I know bc I tried to use it once and still waiting for a seeder. I personally don't go over there either, I just check the shout box when I come to this site.) And the main page is the easiest to visit. Thus a separate shout box only for what your seeding is the best option. And if it's on the main page next to the other shout box, I think it would be best.
Keiko1981Online

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Suggestion: Move the Last 10 Active Posts located on the main page to the top of the Dramas page. In that way it will Seed Requests will get more views. Since people doesn't seem to look at it that often.
I myself always have the main page, and Dramas page open and refresh both from time to time.

saigo_x
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

underthenightsky wrote:
The should box is being used bc no one goes over to the seed request page. (I know bc I tried to use it once and still waiting for a seeder. I personally don't go over there either, I just check the shout box when I come to this site.) And the main page is the easiest to visit. Thus a separate shout box only for what your seeding is the best option. And if it's on the main page next to the other shout box, I think it would be best.

My problem with the seed request thread is that no one ever updates their posts to update their status. Sometimes I start seeding but never see a single peer. Other times there are peers constantly joining the swarm, yet I never know whether the person who requested seeding ever completed.

Keiko1981 wrote:
Suggestion: Move the Last 10 Active Posts located on the main page to the top of the Dramas page. In that way it will Seed Requests will get more views. Since people doesn't seem to look at it that often.
I myself always have the main page, and Dramas page open and refresh both from time to time.

With the caveat I mentioned above, it would be good to have a "Last 10 Seed Requests" box on the Dramas/Torrents page.
Keiko1981Online

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

saigo_x wrote:
With the caveat I mentioned above, it would be good to have a "Last 10 Seed Requests" box on the Dramas/Torrents page.

I think that's a good idea.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    D-Addicts Forum Index -> D-Addicts Announcements All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next
Jump to page:
Page 22 of 23
Jump to: