http://d-addicts.com

Register

HOME DRAMAS WIKI STATS HELP (FAQ) SEARCH GROUPS PROFILE PRIVATE MESSAGES LOGIN

Park Min Young

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    D-Addicts Forum Index -> Korean Culture & Entertainment -> Korean Actors & Actresses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fizzlex3mhOffline

Total posts: 312
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I wasn't planning on watching this until I found out it's gonna be a horror drama. Should be interesting.

Check out PMY as the nine-tailed fox:
Hidden:

credit: coolsmurf

I definitely won't be watching these eppies by myself... pale

bellezaOffline

Total posts: 714
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I'll probably catch this when it comes to KBS World. After this anthology, Kingdom of the Wind will debut.

BTW, here is the original video about PMY's (and Go Ah Ra's) transformation and general career paths.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1onlp3TcURY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGLik_FCnQQ

They even use some music from 200lbs Beauty. Now that's just cold! Laugh Laugh
kobe23Offline

Total posts: 726
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

And here are some (non-scary) caps of Park Min Young from last night's episode: (Click for bigger pix!)

Credit goes to ilsses

I'm really looking forward to watching this whole series (not just the PMY ep!), and really hope someone would be kind enough to sub it. There's also a possibility that Mr. X might be reviewing this, so keep your eyes peeled over at Twitch!
kobe23Offline

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

X's review of Episode 1 is up:

http://twitchfilm.net/site/view/sageuk-world-hometown-of-legends-ep-1/

A very positive review with a lot of praise for our Park Min Young Smile

Hidden:

But the new Gumiho, played by the lovely Park Min-Young of 거침없이 하이킥 (Unstoppable High Kick), has no wig, no corny masks or awkward make-up. Just KBS’ predictably top notch CG, including all those nine cute tails. There are certainly a few awkward spots, and you can’t compare this to a movie production (particularly because of time constraints), but the results are satisfactory. What Park Min-Young’s Gumiho represents, instead, is the most humane, the sexiest and most feminine fox with nine tails of them all. Maybe sexy is not even the right word, although young Park is certainly very pleasing to the eyes. It’s that air of maturity, turning from innocent young woman to a femme fatale ready to kill those who wronged her. Park looks a lot more confident in her delivery than she’s ever looked before, with the kind of maturity her past work was probably hiding. She’s one to look out for in the future, for sure.

bellezaOffline

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Review's kinda eye rolling (also the Asian ghost story itself fits easily into the censors of normal TV when it's done well), but I'm definitely looking forward to the new series nonetheless.
bellezaOffline

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Huh. Apparently, Park Min Young went to high school in Pennsylvania. Her English name was Rachel.
kobe23Offline

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

What?! I know her English name is Rachel (she apparently uses that name in her cyworld), but had no idea she went to high school in Pennsylvania. Do you know how many years she lived in the US? Because I saw a clip of her speaking English in High Kick, and whilst her accent wasn't bad or anything, it's not exactly something to write home about.

Rachel suits her though. She looks like a Rachel Smile
bellezaOffline

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

She attended middle school in Korea, and then she (with her older sister) came here when she was 13. (Wording seems interesting. That might imply that her entire family didn't come here, meaning she might have lived with only her sister or relatives. Maybe older sister went to Penn State or U-Penn? And is Park Min Young a Steelers fan?!?)

She wanted to become an actress, so she returned to Korea at 17, and attended university, majoring in acting. Rachel Park? Yup, that's a solid Korean American name. Big Smile
kobe23Offline

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

So how did you find out all this information about her? Are you having a crush on her too? j/k Wink

Yeah Rachel Park sounds really.......safe. Not too flashy and not the type of name people will tease you about. I've always wondered why Korean stars don't anglicize their names like the way Hong Kong stars do? It sounds so much better and is easier to recognize by not only Western audiences but Asians too. I mean, are Americans gonna remember a name like Lee Byung-Hun even if he proves to be a great actor in Hollywood films?
bellezaOffline

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Quote:
So how did you find out all this information about her? Are you having a crush on her too? j/k

I think I have a soft spot for any Korean actor who came from the States (or the West), because it reminds me of high school, which was located in kind of a Korean enclave. Many of my friends were from Korea, and quite a few K-pop future idols were classmates. For example, when I heard Park Min Young's English, I immediately thought she attended school here in either late junior high or freshman year in high school.

Also I respect that PMY took a very difficult route to make it. She would have to work twice as hard as everybody else in high school (and she probably struggled to get into a decent high school, given that she probably didn't take standard exams) to get into a decent university. Also, she would have lived long enough in the States to feel somewhat removed, especially with boys, from her classmates. Jun Ryeo Won talked about feeling that way when she joined Chakra. Eric's even like that too; there's a matter-of-fact swagger that quietly but firmly reflects his American upbringing.

Quote:
I've always wondered why Korean stars don't anglicize their names like the way Hong Kong stars do?

But, that's where Taiwanese/HK/Mainland culture is kind of an exception in Asia, albeit a very large exception. If you pick up that a Korean actor has an English name, that actor could be Catholic or have spent some of their life in the States. Otherwise unlikely they'll adopt a Western name to accommodate. Also, from my experience, even if they have an American name, they'll usually sign with their original name.

So, yeah, that's how Hallyu really differs from the HK Wave. Taiwan and HK tends to be much more casual about Western acculturation, and if you're of that descent, it may initially confuse you how Koreans are about it. Especially since they do such a wonderful job adopting elements of our pop culture. In effect, we'll sell you as much as Our Brand as you want, and we'll make it really accessible. But it's still Our Brand. If you're buying a Samsung, you're buying Our Brand. If you're watching Sam Soon, you're watching Our Brand. If you like that actress from I Am Sam, you're crushing on Our Brand. (And yeah, even my dad thought she was pretty. I didn't have the heart to tell him that her face was literally "Made in Korea." Big Smile )
kobe23Offline

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Recent Park Min Young on a variety show. Does anyone know what this show is called?

I can't wait for her next drama. One episode in Hometown legends is not enough to satisfy my insatiable PMY desire!
kobe23Offline

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Found out from Coolsmurf's blog that the show is called "Ya Shim Man Man". It's from season 2 episode 8 which aired a few days ago with guests: Park Min Young, Son Dam Bi and Lee Han Wie.

Here are the screencaps from the episode:

Hidden:

If anyone wants it, send me a PM and I will give you the MU links.
kobe23Offline

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Park Min Young's new drama!

Princess Ja Myung Go 왕녀 자명고, [SBS] Jung Ryeo Won, Park Min Young

Debuts Feb 2009.
50-episode period drama.

Director : Lee Myung Woo 이명우 (Bad Couple)
Scriptwriter : Jung Sung Hee 정성희
Cast : Jung Ryeo Won 정려원, Park Min Young 박민영
Official site :

They act as sisters.

Credit Soompi, more details [Coolsmurf]

Two of my favorite actresses together in one drama. For 50 episodes!! If that is not a taste of heaven then I don't know what is.

I have never seen a k-drama that's longer than 24 episodes before, and never really intended to unless the situation calls for it, and this one certainly does.

Hmm...is there something wrong with me when I'm more excited about this drama than Song Hye Kyo's upcoming 'World's Within'?

Edit: Just read at the end of coolsmurf's article that neither PMY or JRW have confirmed their participation with the production.
Sham26

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Omo omo no new posts since ages ? I really liked her in sungkyunkwan skandal she did a great job and who won't with all the gorgeous men Wub
Here some photos , first I thoughtt she was quiet cute but now ...amazing photos
Hidden:

How beautiful ...

And this is my fav

Suprise

Upload Addict
Total posts: 3930
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

i love this girl Big Smile

saw her in more than one drama and loved her in everyone except in Princess Ja Myung Go (because she was the evil sister Glare )

Sham26

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

The Chaos wrote:
i love this girl Big Smile

saw her in more than one drama and loved her in everyone except in Princess Ja Myung Go (because she was the evil sister Glare )

So any recommendation ? please cheers

Upload Addict
Total posts: 3930
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

she don't have many dramas but what I've seen for her :

Sungkyunkwan Scandal
Ja Myung Go
I'm Sam
Unstoppable High Kick

best one in bold Big Smile

Sham26

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:45 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Haha yeah she was gooooood in SKKS ...thanks for the list ! (k)

Total posts: 18
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:12 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

[/img]
mimi2601Offline
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:19 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCGwrUz5dXQ
savedOffline
Total posts: 15
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

@mimi2601

Thanks for the post. I really love SKKS. Hoping for SKKS2.
tin3094Offline
Total posts: 2
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Really like Park Min Young ever since SKKS, she was so good there! Min Young fighting... Big Smile
savedOffline
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

[/url]
tin3094Offline
Total posts: 2
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:42 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

mimi2601Offline
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:21 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Park Min Young as Jae In with Lee Jang Woo as In Woo

Park Min Young as Jae In with Chun Jung Myung as Young Gwang

Cre: MOH FB

Hello tin3094 n saved,

Good to see you here! Let's spread the PMY love Wub cheers
savedOffline
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:37 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Park Min Young so cute Smile
savedOffline
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Credits: Kst
savedOffline
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Cute couple Smile
savedOffline
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:51 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Hidden:

Lovely PMY

Cr Kst
savedOffline
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Weeeee so much fun. I really miss posting.

Hidden:

mod edit: good, don't miss [spoiler] tags as well.
savedOffline
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Now this thread is updated Laugh
savedOffline
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Sorry @Mimi and @Tin for posting so many pics of PMY
mimi2601Offline
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Hidden:

Cre:Baidu,pmy.cn
savedOffline
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

@mimi you are right, can't insert pic directly coming from baidu

Last edited by saved on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
mimi2601Offline
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:31 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Park Min Young's 10 Asia Interviews

Sungkyunkwan Scandal

http://koreanupdates.com/2010/12/03/tea-time-interview-actress-park-min-young-with-10asia/

City Hunter
http://www.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?sec=ent5&idxno=2011081818225787988
http://www.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?sec=ent5&idxno=2011081818250894565

Total posts: 39
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I'm a big fan of Park and I was wondering if anyone know if she appeared on any talk/variety shows because I would like to see more of her being just herself. Would be fun.

Thanks!
SummeryDreamsOffline

Total posts: 32
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I've really like this asian actress ever since I've first encountered her in City Hunter... She's so cute and is very funny.. But I've like her role the most in I'am Sam, she's a badass there.. Try it! I've cried on laughter with that drama, by the way...
Reply to topic    D-Addicts Forum Index -> Korean Culture & Entertainment -> Korean Actors & Actresses All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: