http://d-addicts.com

Register

HOME WIKI STATS HELP (FAQ) SEARCH GROUPS PROFILE PRIVATE MESSAGES LOGIN

[Tutorial] Share (p2p application)

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    D-Addicts Forum Index -> Tech Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ezohiguma
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Been wondering about this lately: does anyone know if Share works on Win 7?

XrayMindOffline

Total posts: 3578
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Ezohiguma wrote:
Been wondering about this lately: does anyone know if Share works on Win 7?

Short answer, no. It will crash left and right, even when I ran in all of the XP compatibility modes.

Ezohiguma
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

XrayMind wrote:
Short answer, no. It will crash left and right, even when I ran in all of the XP compatibility modes.

Thanks.

I was fearing something like that.

Total posts: 3
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I have anoter problem, hopefully someone can help me. I keep getting this error in the logs:
10/02/25 12:57:46 ERROR: Windows socket error: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions (10013), on API 'bind'

I can't seem to connect to any of the nodes anymore and Share EX2 also keeps freezing on me. I don't know if any of the problems I'm having are related, but could anyone help me?
XrayMindOffline

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:35 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Are you running Share EX2 on the same computer/OS as before. If you are, did you install a new firewall/router on your computer/network? If you are, then make sure the network port that Share is using is open/forwarded on the firewall/router.

AokuOffline
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:34 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. Actually, I think what happened is that I set the port to the same port as the one that I was using for uTorrent on my router. The problem is gone now, but my Share EX2 is still freezing. It always freezes after a while, all the nodes go dead, I have no upstream or downstream, and then the program just freezes on me. Do you have any suggestions? This happened to me a while ago, but then I just deleted everything in the Share EX2 folder, and re-installed the program. But now this problem is back.
kouka1Offline
Total posts: 67
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:11 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Was wondering if somebody could provide some help...

I have installed Share on two separate computers in my home, Windows 7 & Windows Vista, and after connecting to the nodes, the log will say "Global IP Resolved," which is a good sign (according to this tutorial.) HOWEVER, after a little while, the log will say "Disconnected: Port Error" and in the upper right-hand corner status window, all the statistics for search up, search down, share up, etc, will say "0"

I am an experienced user of bittorrent, and I know my way around my router. I already opened up a port specifically for Share, and I'm still getting this error. I also tried disabling my firewall, rebooting, running share, and enabling the firewall again. If it makes any difference, my node lists are up to date, and I followed this tutorial to the best of my ability for initial configuration. Any clues?
kouka1Offline
Total posts: 67
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

The problem I posted on March 20th was resolved. But I have another question. I listed a file in the download screen and the left bottom corner shows upload and download speeds, which I believe the download has started. But when I click on the Tasks tab, there is nothing listed. Somewhere in Japanese blog, I read that Tasks screen should display the progress of the download. Does anyone have any idea why my Tasks screen does not show anything?
XrayMindOffline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:45 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

If it doesn't show any downloads in the Task tab, then non of the peers that you are connected to has the data needed for you downloads. The bottom Up/Down data rate is hash/search data being exchange between you and you peers. It is really showing the data exchange in the Nodes tab.

AmanogawaOffline

Total posts: 143
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:05 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Ladymercury wrote:

Also monitor your Share UP/DOWN status box;

If its 0 straight across then you have problems. But if it looks like that then you're active and just haven't made any hits.

What does it mean if I have 0's straight across? I did have the problem before where it wouldn't stay connected, but now I'm connected but nothing happens. Is there some solution or would uninstalling and reinstalling help?

I wish I knew more about this stuff so I could figure it out on my own but I have successfully downloaded many episodes of shows before, but it's been a while since I've opened it and now it hasn't been working right. Sad
XrayMindOffline

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

1st, click on the Nodes tab and you should see 5 to 8 connections.

If you don't see any connection there, either you need get the latest nodes list or your port forwarding is not set right on your router.

If you do see connections there, but still no transfer. Well Share is basically dead in Japan. No new files are being uploaded in Japan since the huge arrest that happened last year. I think everyone has switch to Perfect Dark.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-11-30/10-arrested-in-japan-for-uploading-via-share-program

AmanogawaOffline

Total posts: 143
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thank you for the reply. Smile

It could very well be my router, I'll have to mess with it and see. I know it didn't give me too much trouble when I first installed it, but maybe something went wrong there.

I do always get the new nodes, but it seems like they don't stay connected, or they keep reconnecting, but the connect button is always down at least (if that makes sense). While before it wouldn't stay connected.

I heard about the arrests and that really sucks. If only they could see it as a good thing because this is the only way people outside of Japan can see this stuff, if there were a better way, I'd use it.

I heard about Perfect Dark, I'll look into it, hopefully it's not too difficult to figure out, lol.
XrayMindOffline

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Node connections only stay connected, if they has a file you need or you had a file they need. Else I think you are only exchanging other data collected from other nodes. Once you finish exchanging data, you done and will look for other nodes,

Last year, all of the new drama series appear on Share 1st. Last season, there only 1 or 2 new series on there.

As for Perfect Dark, just prepare to give up 40gigabytes of storage space on your hard drive and lot of time in the beginning built up that unity cache. Also it claim to required 100KB of upload speed, else your peer will ignore you. I gotten away with allocating 35KB and seems to work.

MisaGOffline
Total posts: 2
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Ok, I've been using Share for almost a year now and I've never had problems. Now, something's bothering me.

I started to download a whole series from the same uploader. The isos are like 40 and i got 20 so far (so i'm half way). Now I've come across three isos which I can't complete! The problem is that it can't find all the blocks to download (and for these three isos is always about 5 blocks only!!) so it stops without being complete. What amazes me is that the uploader is the same and I'm still going on downloading the rest of the dvds from the same person, so it's not like he/she stopped being on Share. I found another uploader who had the same dvds and I tried with that but nothing changes (even the number of blocks not found are the same, like the other uploader is the same person). I changed the clusters, updated the nodes to no avail. I don't get what's wrong since I'm going on and can download the other dvds (same series, same uploader) pretty fast and easily. It's like they're stuck with this number of blocks found and won't even look for others. Is there some way to reset the status or something to make the downloads start again?

What can I do?
XrayMindOffline

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Always check the HASH of the file you are downloading. It's doesn't matter who the uploaders are/were. So if two files have the same HASH, you are downloading the same file. Somehow another person on Share had rehash their finish downloading copy and same hash was attached to his/her name.

Now, this is where get complicated. With everyone disappear off Share now, if non of peers online now have a complete copy, (just like with BT, where there is no seed and peers are stuck at 5%) you will never finish downloading it. This is what happening now, you see multiple hash of the same files with nobody seeding at 100%.

MisaGOffline
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:48 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thanks for your answer!

You were right, I checked the hash and it was the same. So I can't really do anything to solve this. What do you mean everyone disappear off Share now? They're not switching to Perfect Dark, are they? (God I hope not.)
XrayMindOffline

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I see lot more Anime on Perfect Dark than drama. Some have switch to Utatane, which really old school P2P, since it based on OpenNap(Napster). The problem with Utatane is most people on there don't trust anyone new, so you never get download from someone unless you chat with them in Japanese. If someone do let you download from them, if the transfer get abort you have start over again. Again, it not distributed like BT or Share. It's more like FTP from someone with no resume function. Again old school napster.

Funny thing, I think most people Japan has switch to Bittorrent for their drama. Because when I put up a new RAW drama file, half the people downloading from me is from Japan. Bittorrent is not anonymous, I see all of the IP address and some hostnames of all of the peers downloading from me.

Anyway, I think the uploader in Japan should rent a seedbox from 3rd party company that accept payment like Paypal or some type of payment that don't trace back to you. Then upload to that seedbox, then seed from that seedbox and if anyone does a IP trace of the seeder, it only trace to that 3rd party's server.

Yes, I am using a seedbox.

SmirkOffline
Total posts: 1
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Hey guys! I have a question about Share. Should I transfer downloaded files to upload folder? Cause when I did that to my around 10Gb downloaded music the current download tasks immediately started with insane speeds like never before. Like some barrier was crushed and Share thought "Holy ****! You've got a considerable upload. Here, I'll let you download all you wanted". Or I wasn't supposed to transfer anything from download folder, cause my cache reduced by the same amount? Also, all my orange "Complete" labels turned pink with "Link" written.

Ouh, and concerning Perfect Dark - is there any benefit regarding download speeds and priority, by uploading stuff yourself even if you have cache around 30Gb?
supanoodleOffline
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:42 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Hi everyone. I have been using Share normally for sometime since last year. After I ceased to use it for a few months, I cannot start the Share program normally.

I can start the program normally if I clear all fields in the Network option under the General settings. But right after I fill in all required fields in the Network option and click connect to connect to nodes, the Share program will automatically shut down without leaving any error message.

The only way for me to get back into the Share interface is to manually delete all entries under the "Network" section in the file config.ini

I do not have any firewall (window firewall is off) or anti-virus installed. Could anyone please help me to find the cause of why my Share program would automatically shut down whenever it tried to connect to internet? Thanks.
Foxxy_FuyumiOffline

Total posts: 36
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:16 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I already added a thounsand of nodes but none connects. What should I do?
Ladymercury

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:23 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Foxxy_Fuyumi wrote:
I already added a thounsand of nodes but none connects. What should I do?

What errors do you get in your log?

If you can't connect ot the notes, either they're dead or you have port issues.

imagoth2004Offline
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

supanoodle wrote:
Hi everyone. I have been using Share normally for sometime since last year. After I ceased to use it for a few months, I cannot start the Share program normally.

I can start the program normally if I clear all fields in the Network option under the General settings. But right after I fill in all required fields in the Network option and click connect to connect to nodes, the Share program will automatically shut down without leaving any error message.

The only way for me to get back into the Share interface is to manually delete all entries under the "Network" section in the file config.ini

I do not have any firewall (window firewall is off) or anti-virus installed. Could anyone please help me to find the cause of why my Share program would automatically shut down whenever it tried to connect to internet? Thanks.

I have the same problem as you, and I've been looking around all over... Still no answer. :/
Edohiguma
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Question

I'm in process of building a new rig and, of course, it'll go 7 as main OS. But I want to keep Share and XP is harder and harder to get, even as OEM in my area (using "area" very liberal here, try a few hundred miles around me) it's almost impossible to get these days. I remember seeing that Vista, supposedly, runs with it, but I stayed the heck away from that and hugged XP, so I never got to test it.

So for all the pros who have actually seen it: Does Share work on Vista?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:04 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Edohiguma wrote:
So for all the pros who have actually seen it: Does Share work on Vista?

I don't know about Vista, but it does work with Windows 7.
Edohiguma
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Curious. Thank you.

Anything I need to watch out for when trying to run Share on 7?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:00 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

The make Share work on Win7, right-click on the Share.exe program, select the "Properties" setting, go to "Compatibility" tab, check the "Run the program in compatibility mode for:", and finally select "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)"..

Then prepare to be disappointed as you won't find anything on the Share network. Because the police in Japan had figure out how to trace the original sharer of files on the network and then arrested them, the people in Japan has mostly abandon Share and went to Perfect Dark or Bittorrent.

PS, before you ask where can you find the mention Japanese Bittorrent site. Well in the round about way, the source is D-Addicts. I was going through a lot of Japanese blog sites that have Bitttorent links to jdrama, All these links were going to free torrent cache sites and when I download the torrent file, the filenames were all English and those torrents were already available here at D-Addicts.

Edohiguma
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Thank you XrayMind (my mind always reads you as XyraMind, and I don't know why! My mind is strange at times.) So it's basically normal run-of-the-mill dealing with it under 7, going by what I know about 7 (I've been clinging to XP throughout Vista, XP I know like the back of my hand, but its time is fading), and no crazy patching around and other weird stuff.

That is **** sweet! Pardon my French.

Right now I'm actually finding stuff on Share. Usually the things I'm looking for (no, not porn, I have better sources for that.) A couple of users have disappeared, sadly, so some of the things I've been checking for years now have simply poofed. Outside of that I'm still kind of happy with Share. It gives me what I want. Ok, so sometimes finishing a file takes ages, but it usually finishes. Eventually Share will die, of course.

PD on the other hand usually only gives me stuff I don't want. There are a few exceptions, but not many.

Another problem is that many people don't watch what I watch, so the uploads are generally scarce and hard to get.

Again, XrayMind, toyotaku, thank you!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Interesting. I didn't have to go into compatibility mode when I loaded it on the new computer last month. Simply clicked on the exe file and it loaded & opened just fine.

Either way, you shouldn't have any problems with it. It's actually running better for me (though, as XrayMind mentions, it isn't a good source anymore... I do still find a few things, but I can't rely on it for multiple-episode series).
XrayMindOffline

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:16 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Edohiguma wrote:
Thank you XrayMind (my mind always reads you as XyraMind, and I don't know why! My mind is strange at times.) So it's basically normal run-of-the-mill dealing with it under 7, going by what I know about 7 (I've been clinging to XP throughout Vista, XP I know like the back of my hand, but its time is fading), and no crazy patching around and other weird stuff.

I had to upgrade to Win7 when I wanted to play the latest game with best looking graphics. This of course Microsoft only include DirectX 10/11 on Vista/7.

toyotaku wrote:
Interesting. I didn't have to go into compatibility mode when I loaded it on the new computer last month. Simply clicked on the exe file and it loaded & opened just fine.

It's really weird, when I first install Win7 32-bit on my older computer, I couldn't run Share on it until I ran in compatibility mode. Now on my new computer running Win7 64-bit, I just try it run it without compatibility mode and it ran with any issue. I think it could be all of those patches Microsoft been releasing to make more software compatible with Win7.

machinmanOffline
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

hello there,

excuse me for the long shot, but I'm having some technical difficulties with share.
after a crash all my downloads failed to be initialized, clearing all the cache files (170gb w00t)
I recoverd the files but I wonder how I could make share take them back and start downloading again the files in progress before the crash :/

It's my first post here, I hope I didn't post in the wrong section. I know it's never quite a good idea to dig up an old post, but since it's related :/

thanks, or should I say sorry salut
RetroHelixOffline

Total posts: 297
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Did you tried to puch the "Recheck"-Button under the Folders-tab? Maybe this helps.
machinmanOffline
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

nope I can't do that, it deletes the cache files completely from the hdd when I launch share :/
I have the cache files retrieved in some other place, so when I try something I can just copy and paste the files again, 140gb though, it takes some time Tongue

I thought I could delete some files to force a rescan of the cache folder and recreate some files, and like magic it would work seeing there is something in the cache folder without success...

I still have the download.txt with all the hash, so I could download them again, but it's like 700+ stuff I should add trigger for :/
and since I noticed share lost some download when it doesn't stop right, it would be time to know how to correct that.

thanks for your time
machinmanOffline
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

and you know it all appears in red if you see what I mean,
I'm sure it happened already to other people out there,
I've been using share for years now, it's the second time it clears all my files, except the first time I couldn't retrieve the cache files ;p
and it happens on regular basis, like a few downloads where the cache files can't be used, every once a month.

edit : sorry for the double post, I fucked up Mad

edit2: I gave up, just successfully retrieved my downloads and restarted them Tongue
Keiko1981Online

Total posts: 5532
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I looking for some working nodes for Share.
Anyone who can help?

RetroHelixOffline

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Keiko1981 wrote:
Anyone who can help?

http://share.benri-tool.net/node/nodes.txt
http://share.mudaijp.com/nodes.txt

And a good searchengine as a bonus^^:
http://keydb.telegrip.info/
Keiko1981Online

Total posts: 5532
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:35 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

RetroHelix wrote:
Keiko1981 wrote:
Anyone who can help?

http://share.benri-tool.net/node/nodes.txt
http://share.mudaijp.com/nodes.txt

Thank you, I'm having trouble finding the latest dramas (more anime/manga/AVs there).
I've tried Perfect Dark as well.
Have the (drama) Japanese users changed to torrents instead, judging by the large amount of people downloading?
JetblueOffline
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

First off I wanted to apologize if this isn't the place to ask, but I've been searching google the past few weeks for a solution to this problem and haven't found anything until today when I found a post by a couple here on having issues with Share EX2.

My question is, has anyone ever had an issue where you are downloading a file with Share normally and when it hits between 96%-99% it stops downloading and won't ever finish? I use to download on Share EX2 all the time in the past and stopped for a bit and went back to it again and now having issues. Didn't change anything between the two times I've used it so not sure what's going on. It'll do this with any type of file I'm downloading, but I've noticed files <5mb>1gb). Instead they'll get to 96-99% and just stop and won't ever resume. At first I thought maybe it was something wrong with my connection and/or pc so I tested it on a friend who has a different ISP and (has a faster one than me) pc and I get the same results. I feel like there's something I'm missing now that got changed and I just don't know it or I changed something and shouldn't have. I tried different ports changed the up/down kbps in the settings and all the same things happen.

If anyone has any suggestions at all I'd greatly appreciate it as this has been baffling me for the past few weeks now.
RetroHelixOffline

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Id like to know what this plugin is for. Rendakun:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/213/rendakunme1.jpg/

Could someone translate whats written in the picture for me?

EDIT: Found out about it: "Send out search requests repeatedly."
grimmickOffline
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

RetroHelix wrote:

How I can download this?

http://keydb.telegrip.info/workers/closeup.php?itemid=3883015

I have the Share EX2 ON!

Help me please Sad
XrayMindOffline

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

grimmick wrote:

How I can download this?

http://keydb.telegrip.info/workers/closeup.php?itemid=3883015

I have the Share EX2 ON!

Help me please Sad

The file is from 2009, there are so few new file that are put on that network, so don't expect anyone seeding any file from 3 years ago.

You have better chance of getting the bittorrent version of the same file from here.

If no one is seeding the torrent for the file, just make a request here.

aofd3Offline
Total posts: 4
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Hi,
i setup all the options like in the tutorial.
But when i enter a triggers and add them, nothing happens.
I open the port, i add lots of nodes and all the stuff in the tutorial.
But nothing comes to my DB, i can type any word in the tiggers, nothing happens
Can someone help me maybe ?

Edit: After i press "Connect" in the Nodes Tab, its chacking my nodes, after this, there must be some avaliable ? Or after this a black page like before ?
JimShewOffline
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

aofd3 wrote:
Hi,
i setup all the options like in the tutorial.
But when i enter a triggers and add them, nothing happens.
Edit: After i press "Connect" in the Nodes Tab, its chacking my nodes, after this, there must be some avaliable ? Or after this a black page like before ?
Because share is a "trackerless" P2P system, it can sometimes take several hours before it stumbles across a node containing blocks matching your trigger. Until then, share will simply be constantly "checking nodes".

Note that the TCP version (share EX2) has, like Winny, been reverse engineered by the authorities. Out of the box, Share has a security hole accessible to those already within its heavily encrypted network - Share leaks the cache file date for blocks it has locally. That leak was exploited by "sharebot" and allowed the authorities to zero in upon uploaders. Several people have since written fixes for this leak, they are available amongst the share plugins.
RetroHelixOffline

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

JimShew wrote:

Note that the TCP version (share EX2) has, like Winny, been reverse engineered by the authorities. Out of the box, Share has a security hole accessible to those already within its heavily encrypted network - Share leaks the cache file date for blocks it has locally. That leak was exploited by "sharebot" and allowed the authorities to zero in upon uploaders. Several people have since written fixes for this leak, they are available amongst the share plugins.

Could you tell us the exact name of the plugin please?

EDIT: You seem to know quite much about share. Would you mind listing some useful plugins in general (with explanation)? Thanks.
JimShewOffline
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

RetroHelix wrote:
JimShew wrote:

Several people have since written fixes for this leak, they are available amongst the share plugins.

Could you tell us the exact name of the plugin please?

EDIT: You seem to know quite much about share. Would you mind listing some useful plugins in general (with explanation)? Thanks.
The current list of plugins can be obtained through a trigger that "adds to DB only" anything with "share plugin" in the filename. Once Share has the names in its database, you can pick/choose which you want to download. Since new versions are constantly coming out, an exact filename is of little use.

I only use three plugins myself, so this list is *far* from complete. Note: because filenames rapidly become outdated - use the above-noted trigger to find the most recent versions. The [PDK10] refers to the which "Plugin Development Kit" the plugin was written with - try to stick with version 10, the most recent one.

-- *sharebot* - The leak-fix plugins commonly have the word "Sharebot" somewhere in their filenames and are in general around 300 kbytes. I also tried writing one, but it wound up making Share unstable. (Share dies horribly if it encounters cache problems)

-- CacheDumpExEro - Allows you to force a file to be converted, even if it's missing blocks in the middle. While this works for a video you are impatient to watch, it is usually a disaster for an EXE or an ISO since missing blocks are 1048K in size.

-- NodeRefresh (Unicode) - Allows an automatic forced updating of nodelist when "too many" (user setting) nodes are found to be offline. This one has English-labled controls available. Note that the list of nodelist provider web-sites will need updating: several have gone offline.
pRythmeOffline
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I want ask something. How to resume download? My PC restart when I using Share, and when I resume download my file stuck in 85% Sad
RetroHelixOffline

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Share will resume the download automatically. You just have to wait till it finds a source to download from. It could also be that the file is not on the share network anymore at least not completely.
pRythmeOffline
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

I want ask something again... until Tuesday/Wednesday my Share work fine... but now, I can't connect Share... what's wrong with my Share? Sad
larethianOffline
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Has anyone managed to use Share successfully in a virtual box environment (windows guest of course).
I configured port forwarding as instructed in the virtual box manual but to avail. I'm using NAT mode.
hey9Offline
Total posts: 423
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:02 am    Post subject:    Post Rating: 0 Reply with quote

Do people still use Share? I've been trying to download a few files that I couldn't find on Perfect Dark or clubbox, and there's so little progress after a week. One file has 14 MB downloaded, the others are still at 0.
Reply to topic    D-Addicts Forum Index -> Tech Discussion All times are GMT - 1 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: